PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Area Finds

Jedi Drew
05-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Stopped by Parma Target a few days ago and ran the DPCI for the Rancor-they have them in the stockroom. I didn't have them pull one for me since I really have to watch my cash. This morning I stopped at Cityview WM-what another waste of time-tons of clones on the pegs :mad:. Happy Hunting..

JEDIpartner
07-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Bumping the thread to get it going for next week!

Jedi Drew
07-21-2008, 08:25 AM
What's going on this week??? Heaaaaa :laugh: Give me a call.

JEDIpartner
07-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Found the Galactic Heroes in the new packaging at the Wal*Mart in Brooklyn, Ohio. They also reset all the toy aisles to accommodate the new product. They also had the Galactic Heroes Jabba's Palace set and the one with the X-Wing. The GH Jabba is ADORABLE!!!!

JEDIpartner
07-25-2008, 11:41 AM
You know what I found today???!!!!!

I found myself jumping up and down and racing around in circles with glee that Drew and I are hanging out and buying toys at midnight! "I MUST HAVE THAT SHIP!!!!"

JEDIpartner
07-27-2008, 11:35 AM
I got everything on my list with ease.

New Millennium Falcon
Padme Amidala Evolutions 3-pack

Snow bunny Padme

Yarna D'al' Gargan

Ak-Rev

Nippet and Leektar

Bane Malar

R2-D2 (Clone Wars animated version)

Oddly enough, I had to make a stop at Wal*Mart on the way home from Midnight Madness because Toys 'R' Us didn't have any of the wave one Legacy figures. HOW RUDE!!! I managed to get the Falcon, Evolutions, Padme and Artoo at Midnight Madness. :whip:

Oh, well... I'm done for a while. Damn... the Falcon is really nice.

JEDIpartner
12-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Target at Great Northern had the Christophsis and Sarlaac UBPs as well as the standard battle packs with Yoda or Obi-Wan from SW:CW and the Endor or Falcon BPs

Jedi Drew
01-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Anyone still here from Ohio besides myself and JP????

never_ending_fett
02-03-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm in Cincinnati.

JEDIpartner
10-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Again-- aren't WE a chatty group these days?!!

I haven't really anything to report as I've been getting my Legends figures on the 'net. I can't seem to find anything in the wild and when I do, it's usually only one figure from the wave or the one figure from the wave that I didn't want. Oh, well.

JEDIpartner
01-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Octuptarra droid at Steelyard Commons Walmart* for $17.50!!! Not many left!!!

JEDIpartner
07-12-2010, 09:51 AM
It's obvious that TRU is just putting stuff out there. I visited a couple stores (Parmatown and Great Northern) this past weekend and saw the remnants of the new vehicle wave at GN in the form of a lonely yellow Jedi Starfighter in the new packaging. They had tons of Legacy and CW figures and pegs where the Vintage figures once hung. So, with that, I'd say that reboot is definitely underway at TRU at least.

JEDIpartner
08-06-2010, 07:55 AM
To no one:
Not finding anything up my way. Walmart* on Brookpark and Steelyard don't have anything. The TARGET at W117th and at Steelyard are also not yielding any finds. I've had the vintage figures I wanted for a couple weeks and the snowspeeder and the cloud car for a month. Was hoping to see what else was out there.

Anyone finding the Jabba? :confused:

JEDIpartner
08-11-2010, 08:27 AM
WOW!! Whaddaya know? I found the Jabba at Steelyard Commons last night!

JEDIpartner
02-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Went to the Brookpark Walmart* this morning; not expecting to find anything, but actually did! I ran into another fellow collector there (didn't catch his name, but a really nice guy) who was looking for some openers, but offered me anything that I was looking for. I picked up Luke and Han 'cos the cardbacks were new ones. Passed on the Yoda for now, but will probably regret it later. *shrug*

So-- big "thank you" to the guy who helped me out this morning.

They had Gree, Yoda and R5-D4 as well.

JEDIpartner
02-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Was at the Steelyard Walmart* yesterday afternoon and was able to get two Senate Guards, Mace Windu (which looked a lot better than I thought it would, so I picked it up), Cad Bane w/TODO-360 and the new CW Obi-Wan.

They had peasant Anakin, AOTC Obi-Wan, Super Battle Droid as well. There was, for anyone still interested, a black ARC-170 sitting on a clearance table near the toy department. It was in a badly beaten up box, but was marked $45.

JEDIpartner
04-18-2011, 09:48 AM
The Walmart* on Brookpark got some restocks on Clone Wars (and probably Legacy), but they are still sitting on the same Clone Troopers and Sandtroopers that have been there since... November? It seems like all of the stores are just languishing in those two figures.

Note to Hasbro: In your revision pack of the ROTJ wave (due in May 2011), you really shouldn't have bothered repacking those and instead thrown in an extra Wedge Antilles and Gamorrean Guard.

I don't even know why I'm posting anything here. I think I'm the only one who does ANYTHING in this thread!!!

happy
04-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Lima, Ohio in the house and hunting for Star Wars Vintage collection figures.

JEDIpartner
04-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Did you find either?

happy
04-26-2011, 09:58 PM
I have every vintage figure up through General Lando and Skiff Master, with the exception of Wicket. I have never found him at retail.

JEDIpartner
05-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Excellent!

JEDIpartner
05-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Apparently, the new wave of Target three packs has a street date of the 15th attached to them, so a lot of the area Targets aren't willing to sell them until that date. Bleurgh!!!!

happy
05-16-2011, 08:59 AM
I found the new Clone Wars wave with Bariss Offee in the Bellefontaine Walmart on 5/14. They had one of every figure from that wave and I picked up Bariss for my son. They had all the Dark of the Moon figures on the shelf as well.

JEDIpartner
05-16-2011, 09:35 AM
I went back to one of the Targets that told me that they couldn't put the three-packs out until the 15th and discovered that they HAD put them out early!! Son of a Bith! Fortunately, they had one of the Hoth sets and one of the Imperial sets. I just wanted the Hoth one for the trooper variant and another Leia.

JEDIpartner
05-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Stopped at the Brookpark Walmart* and found all of wave six there in case anyone wants it. Also stopped in at the one at Great Northern. They had Gree and Yavin ceremony Han.

JEDIpartner
05-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Steelyard Walmart* had all of wave 6 and some of wave 5 in stock after their reset!

Also... Embo and training gear Hevy were on the pegs!

happy
05-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Loads of all figures from wave five and six are at several Walmarts down here.

JEDIpartner
05-23-2011, 03:36 PM
I think that Walmart* got a new load of figures in general. Sadly, no wave three revision eleven cases. *sigh*

happy
05-24-2011, 08:33 AM
I know. When I saw the pegs full again I thought for sure I was going to find the newest figures.

JEDIpartner
05-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Tragically, TARGET is getting nothing... *sigh*

JEDIpartner
05-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Managed to get wave three, revision eleven from Entertainment Earth on a fluke the other day. Was pre-sold out for months and I hit it at the right time. So-- I have a Wedge and a Gamorrean Guard on the way at long last! My friend is grabbing a couple figures out of the assortment for himself and the rest have questionable fates.

happy
06-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Not really a find, but I received my case of TF Generations this week from BBTS. I now have Warpath, Thundercracker, and Wheeljack. All I need now are Windcharger and Grapple.

happy
07-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Finally found some new Star Wars figures at TRU. Found Logray, Han Solo, Bom Vimdin, Rebel Fleet Trooper. I got those and left Bariss Offee and Arc Commander on the peg. They were fresh out of the case and only one of each in the case.

JEDIpartner
07-07-2011, 01:29 PM
That ARC Commander is a really nice figure. :eek:

You could've made some money on that one if you'd had the mind to eBay it. LOL

happy
07-26-2011, 11:02 AM
I am trying to get the Revenge of the Jedi SDCC pack on HTS but I think the site crashed.

happy
08-01-2011, 10:08 PM
I found the Toys R Us exclusive Vintage style Y-wing today. They had two left and one was pretty battered.

JEDIpartner
08-03-2011, 09:37 AM
I stopped at my local TARGET last night to discover that they have reset their toy aisle. They put up the Star Wars endcap, but there is NOTHING new on it!! There was one Cloud Car Pilot hanging on one of the three pegs devoted to Vintage and there were a few older vehicles on the shelf. The Geonosis 2-packs were still lingering at $16.99 each and there was a smattering of Legacy and CW figures on the pegs.

The endcap had the electronic Grievous and Clone Trooper masks (one each), a selection of lightsabers that have clearly been there for quite some time and a bunch of figures. Those figures? More of the figures that were on the pegs in the aisle and the rest of the Vintage figures that have been sitting there since October (Dengar, Cloud Car Pilot, Sandtrooper, Phase II Clone).

What an amazing bounty to discover!!! :livid:

Well, at least it's been reset. I suppose that means they'll eventually have to give in and order some product to match the shelf tags that were out. Whee.

happy
08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
I went to Target over the weekend. They had all the Jedi Force stuff; my son was not real interested. They had the new FX lightsabers, three packs, deluxe vehicle packs - Castas looks cool, Republic attack cruiser. They also had a couple of the new G. I. Joe Skystriker...I almost bought it...almost.

I walked out with a new Wes Welker McFarlane Sports Pick figure and that was it.

happy
08-21-2011, 10:30 PM
I found all the new Thundercats stuff at TRU in Dayton yesterday. I bought the Classics Lion-O and I did not like the look of Classics Tygra. His nose looks weird and he looks fat.

happy
09-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Nothing at all.

JEDIpartner
09-12-2011, 01:10 PM
They had one Republic Commandos set at Parmatown TRU and a couple of those battle packs with the Cloones and that Spider-looking droid thing.

happy
10-12-2011, 09:11 AM
At a Toys R Us in Columbus I found the CW walker gun vehicle and the deluxe vehicle pack of the Yavin Base Transport with driver; I bought neither.

happy
10-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Today I found the remnants of the new wave of Vintage figures. Revenge of the Jedi Admiral Ackbar, Jedi Luke, and Darth Vader. I passed on all of those. I also found the new Hoth Soldier, Revenge B-Wing Pilot, and Ponda Boba figures and picked them up. All I need now is the slave Leia.

JEDIpartner
10-25-2011, 07:52 AM
I picked up the Search for Luke Skywalker set and Luke's Tauntaun in the Vintage box over at the TARGET in Aurora, Ohio last evening. Both were $24.99.

happy
12-06-2011, 04:38 PM
I too found the Target exclusives but I only picked up the Landspeeder.

happy
12-07-2011, 10:02 AM
I found the "Revenge" Tie Fighter Pilot and Slave Leia at my local Walmart last night. Other than Wedge, I am now completely caught up!

happy
12-15-2011, 04:05 PM
O - H, baby!

JEDIpartner
01-13-2012, 02:46 PM
I ran across the remnants of the new wave of Clone Wars and The Phantom Menace figures at the Steelyard Commons Walmart* and got "bodybuilder" Savage Opress and a Battle Droid. They had Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin and Queen Amidala there as well. I wasn't about to pick up the partial wave since I have the entire wave on order.

JEDIpartner
01-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Steelyard Commons Walmart* had sold through all of the TPM wave by Sunday and also sold through the remaining CW figures on the Maul card. HOWEVER... they got in a ton of new CW and Movie Heroes figures and had stocked the entire section with those. I smell a feature display on the way!!

They also had all of the new vehicles and battle packs.

happy
01-18-2012, 12:26 PM
I found the Darth Maul carded Clone Wars and Movie Heroes lines at my local Walmart yesterday, but they have not the TPM vintage figures yet.

happy
01-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Toys R Us in Lima had Obi-Wan Starfighter, AT-PT, and V-Wing fighters in the Vintage Boxes. They are $32!! Not interested.

happy
01-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Found some of the new TPM Vintage style figures at two Walmarts in my area over the weekend. I picked up Obi-Wan, Qui Gon, Queen Amidala, and the battle droid. I passed on Naboo guard, Rats, and Ben Quadrinaros. There are only two others I am looking to get - Darth Maul and Anakin.

They also had all the new vehicles, battle packs, Ulimate FX Qui Gon lightsaber, and some new role play stuff.

JEDIpartner
01-30-2012, 07:21 AM
Steelyard has nowt! Typical.

Stopped in at Great Northern and Brookpark as well and none of them had the exclusive range out for sale. Obviously, they aren't all that concerned about this launch.

happy
02-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Another local Walmart had TPM vintage figures and I saw Quinlan Vos for the first time. Pass.

JEDIpartner
02-02-2012, 02:41 PM
I got my TPM wave in the mail today. I'm liking it.

JEDIpartner
02-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Steelyard TARGET this morning and Funko POP! Bobbles were around the $5-$6 mark, Legends/Clone Wars figures were $3.44, battle packs were $13. The 3-packs were $9. The RC Republic Tanks were $21 and the Attack Shuttles were $39.

Still nothing at Walmart* there. I am hoping that the DTF range shows up soon. They did have a couple UFX Lightsabers that had the "3-D" sticker on them and the glasses packed inside.

JEDIpartner
02-08-2012, 10:10 AM
As if there's anyone here to care (how sad is this-- this thread used to have so much action?!)

Steelyard report from this morning: A few Ric Ollies, G8-R3s, Gungan Warriors, Naboo Pilots and some Droidekas, Obi-Wans, Yodas and Qui-Gons. It looks like they cleared out the bulk of, if not all of the Mawhonics, Aurra Sings, Tusken Raiders and Mauls. They still have a few Dewbacks and Vulture Droids. There are still NO Astromech Battle Packs there.

happy
02-17-2012, 08:44 AM
The local TRU has 3.57 inch figures 30% off. I finally found Vintage Darth Maul and with the 30% off it was even sweeter.

JEDIpartner
03-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Idiotic Steelyard Walmart* has filled the pegs with $8.98 Clearance AOTC figures, burying the TPM figures and clogging up the pegs for no new figures.

happy
03-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Idiotic Steelyard Walmart* has filled the pegs with $8.98 Clearance AOTC figures, burying the TPM figures and clogging up the pegs for no new figures.

Dude, that sucks.

JEDIpartner
05-18-2012, 02:14 PM
I have been stopping at the TARGET near my house every couple days for the last four weeks and they haven't gotten anything new on the pegs. Here's the thing... they have had the little silver "restock" dot on all three of the Vintage pegs during that time and two silver dots on the Movie Heroes pegs for the last two weeks. Basically, they have had these things on order in their system, but no stock has been shipped from their distribution centre. I'm assuming what that means is that there is no stock arriving at their centre from Hasbro. That sorta makes me wonder what's going on with the shipments again. It doesn't really sound like Hasbro's making good on their promises to have better distribution this year.

happy
06-10-2012, 10:55 PM
I found Kithaba at the local Walmart this week, first time I have found anything new since January. Everything else was gone by the time I got there.

I also found but did not buy the Blu ray Deleted scene figures at K-mart. Maybe a good sign.

happy
06-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Although not a find, I received Hoth Luke, Nikto, Wedge, and Dr. Evazan from Amazon this week.

happy
07-16-2012, 01:13 PM
I found Dr. E at the local Walmart but his card was pretty beat up. I am glad I already had one.

JEDIpartner
09-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Remnants of the Lost Line wave at Kmart on Lorain at West 150th (Leia, Jar Jar and Shocktrooper on Lost Line cards and Leia and Jar Jar on Vintage cards). AT-ST also there now.

The Return of Darth Maul pack found at TARGET at Westgate.

happy
09-19-2012, 08:57 AM
I found remnants of the lost line wave at a TRU in Columbus over the weekend but did not want them. I picked up the Masterpiece Thundercracker and the Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper. The local TRU was having a buy 1 get one 1/2 off sale so I picked up two of the speeder bikes.

happy
09-29-2012, 11:03 PM
At the local Walmart last week, I found a new wave of Clone Wars figures. Some were repacks, like Chewbacca, but there were several I had not seen before, such as Asohka in scuba gear.

happy
10-11-2012, 01:40 PM
At my local TRU I found the new Masterpiece Optimus Prime. There was only one left and now it is mine.

happy
11-08-2012, 01:00 PM
I received my case of the final vintage wave this week.

In more interesting news, I got the MTT for just $80 at Walmart. I took in the TRU toy catalog and they honored the $50 off coupon! Spread the word.

happy
02-11-2013, 11:03 AM
I got the Kmart exclusive AT-ST for $30 last week. I was (and am) happy.

happy
02-16-2013, 04:28 PM
I found new shipments of Vintage figures at Walmart and Toys R Us today. Evazan, Bom Vindin, Bespin Solo, Nom Anor (some expanded universe crap). Even better was that they were only $5 at TRU.

happy
03-19-2013, 08:33 AM
I am finding all things Transformers; it makes the lack of Star Wars even more depressing.

happy
08-14-2013, 07:44 AM
I found the entire 3 3/4 inch black series at the local Walmart as well as all the mission series figures. I did not buy any.

JEDIpartner
03-05-2014, 07:51 PM
What's going on this week??? Heaaaaa :laugh: Give me a call.

I remember this... and we'll never be able to do this again. :blue:

I'm going to miss you, Drew.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2014, 03:43 PM
I did some depression shopping and found the Legends Captain Rex and a Stormtrooper-- way to go, TRU!

happy
03-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Found the next wave of Generations Transformers at Walmart last night. I picked up Scoop; he is pretty cool.