PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow Ambush on Hoth diorama

JediTricks
05-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Maybe this will look better in other shots, but the preview is... how do I say this? It's silly looking.

Here's the link to the Sideshow page. (http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=1160&href=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sideshowtoy.com%2f%3fpage_id %3d4891%26source%3d052908news)

The Wampa's arm is too thin, like a Wookiee's, and it's choking the Tauntaun rather than swiping it. But ultimately, it's those Tauntaun eyes I can't get past, they look so goofy.

There's a lot of good detail though, so hopefully those aspects look better from other angles.

El Chuxter
05-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Oh my God!

Thanks for posting that link! I might not have seen it otherwise, and that's the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Some great quotes:
"First I want to say good job the sculpt it right on and captures the suffering in the tauntauns eyes...."
"the tauntaun has hypertension or he is the son of MARTY FELDMAN."
"Okay, is it me, or does the tauntaun almost have a “simpsonesque” sort of look to it with the “doh” look???"
"Great sculpt. I love the scene where Luke and the Wampa try to get the Taun-Taun to take it’s pills."

Bosskman
05-30-2008, 04:24 PM
I think this may be the first sideshow SW diorama I get.

JediTricks
05-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Oh my God!

Thanks for posting that link! I might not have seen it otherwise, and that's the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Some great quotes:
"First I want to say good job the sculpt it right on and captures the suffering in the tauntauns eyes...."
"the tauntaun has hypertension or he is the son of MARTY FELDMAN."
"Okay, is it me, or does the tauntaun almost have a “simpsonesque” sort of look to it with the “doh” look???"
"Great sculpt. I love the scene where Luke and the Wampa try to get the Taun-Taun to take it’s pills."Oh man, those were funny as hell. That last one you quoted was my favorite, it's right on the money, got me howling with laughter!

bobafrett
05-31-2008, 07:09 AM
The Tauntauns eyes were about the first thing I notioced, reminded me of Arnold in "Total Recall"

JediTricks
05-31-2008, 03:32 PM
The Tauntauns eyes were about the first thing I notioced, reminded me of Arnold in "Total Recall"
"MELINA!" That's awesome, they should make a diorama of that scene when they're outside in the atmosphere getting all poofy, they obviously have the right talents. :p

Jayspawn
06-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Thats an awesome dio! My plate is full of collectibles so I'll probably pass. But it is incredibly well done.

jedibear
06-05-2008, 01:31 AM
It's a good dio, but...the Tauntaun's expression makes me ask...where's the wampa's other hand? :)