PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 52

JediTricks
05-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on June 13th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 51 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1320); to ActionFigs.com's questions (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1916); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1298). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=621721#post621721).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
- The recent Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle? (Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)
- What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
- A few times in Q&A's history, you've suggested collectors submit their local stores' pegwarming data to you so Hasbro store reps can get these problems fixed. Some of the stores did show signs of improvement in this department, however others still suffer old TSC pegwarmers (Moff Jerjerrod is pretty consistent) and show absolutely no signs of moving, and the reports on these were coming in from all over the country. What if anything was done to fix the problem, and what will be done in the future? If nothing else, having several Hasbro Star Wars pegs filled up with very old product is going to hamper sales of newer product hurting your business and hindering collectors' ability to get new figures.
- 2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper - with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept figures - was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs reflected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on, where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?
- The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the new ones out now look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own though? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.
- Although the Cruisemissile Trooper vehicle has its share of detractors, including those at Hasbro, the concept and design have some fun and interesting toy merits, though not fully realized. Perhaps the original design could be embellished and resized to fit into either the current Starfighter Vehicle pricepoint or a Battle Pack or other smaller medium. And of course, this time around it could have a removable pilot and cooler features to make it a fun new vehicle with unique Star Wars credibility. Would Hasbro ever consider making an update to this vehicle with design and features befitting the modern line?
- With 2 of the finalists in the most recent Saga Legends fans choice poll being from the Battle of Geonosis - Pablo-Jill and Coleman Trebor - might Hasbro consider releasing a second Battlepack focused on the Geonosis Arena battle containing those 2 figures? Pablo-Jill could use some actual leg articulation and this would be a good time to add it to the figure, you could also include a retooled Nikto Jedi (his actual name is Fi-ek Sirch) since he was in the scene but the figure was nearly unarticulated, and of course the prerequisite core characters that each Battlepack needs. This would make a nice counterpart to the first Geonosis Battlepack, plus it'd get some popular figures re-released.
- For years, fans have wanted a resizing/upgrading of the Millennium Falcon and, HOORAY!, now Hasbro has delivered one. Under ideal circumstances, what other vehicles would Hasbro consider resizing/upgrading? What would it take, under this train of thinking, for Hasbro to resize the AT-AT, for example?
- With the ROTS line, we got a couple vehicles that have removable droid slots, but due to some issues, the droids don't actually work that well with them. Both ships have enjoyed repaints, the Jedi Starfighter almost too many to count, so there are plenty of droid slots in collectors' hands which don't actually accommodate astromech droid figures. The ARC-170 holds the figure too high and so loose that play is hampered; the JSF also holds the figure too high and the mold cavity doesn't actually have enough room to accommodate the feet despite trying; and those aren't the only vehicles with droid slot issues - the Naboo Fighter and Y-wing suffer dedicated droid domes instead of actual droid slots. Granted, Lucas approved prequel designs that "bend" physics to get astromechs into their slots, but with the figures I've experimented with this and found many astromech droids would fit if only they didn't have their feet. But collectors shouldn't have to hack off their droids' feet, so might Hasbro consider making a "pilot" astromech body that could have removable lower legs, perhaps for the Naboo Fighter separately removable legs as well?
- Did the recent 7.9 earthquake in China affect any of the factories that make the figures? Will the earthquake cause any delays in shipments of figures, or affect anything related to Hasbro's production?
- With the July 26th street date for the new Star Wars lines, this comes during the most popular day of San Diego Comic-Con (midnight madness is the night after SDCC's Star Wars day). Many of the Star Wars collecting community will be attending the event that same weekend and won't have a chance to hit a local Toy's R Us or other retailer to grab up all the new product scheduled to come out. Will HasbroToyShop's SDCC booth be offering any of the new lines' items?
- In a recent Q&A, you stated that the upcoming Legacy Collection Darth Vader will likely be your "definitive" Vader, you are having a hard time coming up with more features to add to the character. However, one area still needs addressing, that of his battle-damaged removable hand. In the movie, Luke cuts it off at the wrist, but the articulation on the TLC Vader seems to sport glove articulation which is further back than wrist and can't be popped off to simulate this damage. While a small issue, it does hold the figure back from being definitive. Will it see a change in the future, perhaps as a running change, or a re-release? Also, what about definitive versions for each movie, since the costume changes?
- What are the chances of getting stands or bases for the Indiana Jones figures, maybe as HasbroToyShop exclusives? Some of the figures (seems most notably the ones from KOTCS) have a hard time standing on their own without a lot of futzing.
- Regarding the Indy line, photos have surfaced from Entertainment Earth of the Deluxe Mutt Williams w/ Motorcycle. The figure appears to come with sculpted-on sunglasses (which he never wore) yet without the hat that Mutt wore in the film. Will the actual production Deluxe set come with the hat? Was the figure based on film-inaccurate production stills or something similar?
- Now that Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull has opened, some fans would like a full compliment of 13 Crystal Skeletons w/ thrones. Will we ever see the Skeleton w/ throne offered at mass retail, once the mail-in offer ends? Perhaps in a Deluxe 2-Pack, maybe with another army builder such as the Russian Soldier also from KotCS?
- With the planned re-release of the TFU Rancor as the ROTJ Rancor, while we know that's still contingent on the TFU sales, might the "regular" Rancor be done as a new EU exclusive with, say, a Dathomirian Witch or Nightsister? (A Rancor with "Sith Witch" Nightsister - AKA early concept Darth Maul - would be awesome.)
- How are the Wal-Mart exclusive Droid Factory 2-packs going to be shipped? Cases of just 1 set, or cases with all 6 sets? Wal-Mart.com recently had the Hoth Han and K-3PO set in stock, but the other 5 sets still aren't available.
- Although we know that you've handed the baton off to Sideshow for the 12" line, in a recent Q&A you answered that you were thinking of making a return to the scale but had made no decisions. You've got 12" Indiana Jones figures simultaneously as Sideshow's, and The Clone Wars seems to have more kid factor which means a need for a lower pricepoint, which isn't Sideshow's thing, showing both precedent and motive for Hasbro restarting a 12" Star Wars line. If you were going back to 12", how about re-releasing some of the better 12" figures of the past, like Vintage-style Boba Fett, R2-D2 with tools, the Jawa, C-3PO - stuff like that which Sideshow isn't really focusing on right now - to test the waters?
- The relic pack-ins with the Indy figures are a great idea, and many of us are enjoying collecting these almost as much as the figures themselves. Will they continue with the 2009 waves, or will you switch to a different bonus? A good alternative might be some of the various creatures Indy encounters, such as snakes, spiders, scorpions, bugs and rats. What do you think?
- Concerning Hasbro's Clone Wars CGI line, will you be making any of the Separatist Leaders into figures? How about Destroyer Droid, Super Battle Droid, and IG-100 Magnaguard figures, will we be getting any/all of them in the line?

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

El Chuxter
05-30-2008, 03:27 PM

One that doesn't appear to have been asked, but looks like an obvious: Will the TFU Rancor be re-released as an ROTJ Rancor? Or, could it be a new EU exclusive with, say, a Dathomirian Witch or Nightsister? (A Rancor with "Sith Witch" Nightsister--AKA early concept Darth Maul--would be awesome.)

I'll save one slot for later.

Battle Droid
05-30-2008, 03:28 PM
New question,

Would you ever consider doing a Star Wars line of Littlest Pet Shop animals, maybe it could be called Littlest Star Wars Creatures, or something like that?

Tycho
05-30-2008, 08:57 PM
1 - Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?

3 - What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?

4 - A few times in Q&A's history, you've suggested collectors submit their local stores' pegwarming data to you so Hasbro store reps can get these problems fixed. Some of the stores did show signs of improvement in this department, however others still suffer old TSC pegwarmers (Moff Jerjerrod is pretty consistent) and show absolutely no signs of moving, and the reports on these were coming in from all over the country. What if anything was done to fix the problem, and what will be done in the future? If nothing else, having several Hasbro Star Wars pegs filled up with very old product is going to hamper sales of newer product hurting your business and hindering collectors' ability to get new figures.

5 - 2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper - with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept figures - was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs reflected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on, where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?

12 - With the July 26th street date for the new Star Wars lines, this comes during the most popular day of San Diego Comic-Con (midnight madness is the night after SDCC's Star Wars day). Many of the Star Wars collecting community will be attending the event that same weekend and won't have a chance to hit a local Toy's R Us or other retailer to grab up all the new product scheduled to come out. Will HasbroToyShop's SDCC booth be offering any of the new lines' items?

obi-dad
05-30-2008, 09:14 PM
for now, 9 and if the rerelease of the rancor as in rotj paint apps, (if accepted).

LTBasker
05-31-2008, 07:37 PM
2 - The recent Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle? (Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)

7 - Although the Cruisemissile Trooper vehicle has its share of detractors, including those at Hasbro, the concept and design have some fun and interesting toy merits, though not fully realized. Perhaps the original design could be embellished and resized to fit into either the current Starfighter Vehicle pricepoint or a Battle Pack or other smaller medium. And of course, this time around it could have a removable pilot and cooler features to make it a fun new vehicle with unique Star Wars credibility. Would Hasbro ever consider making an update to this vehicle with design and features befitting the modern line?

9 - For years, fans have wanted a resizing/upgrading of the Millennium Falcon and, HOORAY!, now Hasbro has delivered one. Under ideal circumstances, what other vehicles would Hasbro consider resizing/upgrading? What would it take, under this train of thinking, for Hasbro to resize the AT-AT, for example?

14 - What are the chances of getting stands or bases for the Indiana Jones figures, maybe as HasbroToyShop exclusives? Some of the figures (seems most notably the ones from KOTCS) have a hard time standing on their own without a lot of futzing.

15 - Regarding the Indy line, photos have surfaced from Entertainment Earth of the Deluxe Mutt Williams w/ Motorcycle. The figure appears to come with sculpted-on sunglasses (which he never wore) and without the trademark hat that Mutt wore in the film. Will the actual production Deluxe set come with the hat? Was the figure based on film-inaccurate production stills or something similar?

16 - Now that Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull has opened, some fans would like a full compliment of 13 Crystal Skeletons w/ thrones. Will we ever see the Skeleton w/ throne offered at mass retail, once the mail-in offer ends? Perhaps in a Deluxe 2-Pack, maybe with another army builder such as the Russian Soldier also from KotCS?

Turbowars
05-31-2008, 10:21 PM
I'd like to add a question.

How are the Wal Mart exclusive Droid builder 2 packs going to be shipped? Waves of 1 set or waves of all 6 sets? Wal Mart.com recently had the Hoth Han and Droid set in stock, but the other 5 sets were and still aren't available.

jediguy
06-01-2008, 10:53 AM
7, 8, 10, 11 for now

Ji'dai
06-01-2008, 01:24 PM
2, 14, 15, 16

josuefett
06-01-2008, 07:31 PM
to question 11
the eathquake was in sichuan province. hasbros factories are in guangdong province, too far away to be affected. production should be unafected.
anyway, im going to guangdong province in a few weeks so i might pay the factories a vist (he says with a cheeky grin...)

anyway, i have a question:

hi hasbro!
i was extremely pleased with your 2004 votc 12 inch boba fett. it is the finest hasbro star wars figure i ever owned (better than even the ultimate jango fett) great sculpting!
i know you havent done star wars 12 inch since 2005 but with the clone wars coming up would you consider returning to 12 inch? if so, would you consider repainting boba to match the prototype suit, or adding a new left gauntlet and repainting him to match return of the jedi? this is a fine sculpt and i would be happy with just repaints, or you could give him a jango head sculpt and removable helmet. in fact, all the tooling would be available, just kitbash jango head, helmet and left gauntlet onto boba figure, repaint and etvoila rotj boba.
would you consider????
(if you feel really adventurous, mcquarrie boba?)
josuefett

evenflow
06-01-2008, 09:53 PM
14, 15, 16

JediTricks
06-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Questions 17-18 added.

Question 11 stricken.

jediguy has been refunded 1 vote.

One that doesn't appear to have been asked, but looks like an obvious: Will the TFU Rancor be re-released as an ROTJ Rancor? Or, could it be a new EU exclusive with, say, a Dathomirian Witch or Nightsister? (A Rancor with "Sith Witch" Nightsister--AKA early concept Darth Maul--would be awesome.)

I'll save one slot for later.ActionFigs.com asked them something similar on July 20th, 2007:

Any chance that we could get a new Rancor, perhaps packed with a Dathomir Witch or Sith Witch instead of Luke?
The rancor is certainly a big beast, and would be cool to do a new one at some point. Perhaps if the Rancor looms again in new entertainment, we could take a look at it, but until then we'll keep focused on vehicle updates for those "larger" slots.
Not much of an answer, they were being coy about the TFU Rancor, I suppose. I'll add it as-is I guess, but I'm kinda leaning towards cutting the EU part.

New question,

Would you ever consider doing a Star Wars line of Littlest Pet Shop animals, maybe it could be called Littlest Star Wars Creatures, or something like that?Uhhh... really? Really?

I'd like to add a question.

How are the Wal Mart exclusive Droid builder 2 packs going to be shipped? Waves of 1 set or waves of all 6 sets? Wal Mart.com recently had the Hoth Han and Droid set in stock, but the other 5 sets were and still aren't available.I get the feeling we've seen the answer to this, I think it's 3 waves of 2 each, but I can't remember where I saw that so I'll add your question.

to question 11
the eathquake was in sichuan province. hasbros factories are in guangdong province, too far away to be affected. production should be unafected.
anyway, im going to guangdong province in a few weeks so i might pay the factories a vist (he says with a cheeky grin...)Yeah, I knew that actually, I meant to pull the question at the end of that round but forgot.

anyway, i have a question:

hi hasbro!
i was extremely pleased with your 2004 votc 12 inch boba fett. it is the finest hasbro star wars figure i ever owned (better than even the ultimate jango fett) great sculpting!
i know you havent done star wars 12 inch since 2005 but with the clone wars coming up would you consider returning to 12 inch? if so, would you consider repainting boba to match the prototype suit, or adding a new left gauntlet and repainting him to match return of the jedi? this is a fine sculpt and i would be happy with just repaints, or you could give him a jango head sculpt and removable helmet. in fact, all the tooling would be available, just kitbash jango head, helmet and left gauntlet onto boba figure, repaint and etvoila rotj boba.
would you consider????
(if you feel really adventurous, mcquarrie boba?)
josuefettI hadn't heard Boba is going to be in this new series, so this question is a bit confusing. If they were going to return to 12" for Clone Wars, they would do characters from the Clone Wars in that style, right? Anyway, at this point I have a partial question crafted, but the part about Boba being redone stopped me in my tracks:
"Some fans were quite pleased with the 2004 Vintage-style 12" Boba Fett figure, calling it one of the finest Hasbro Star Wars 12"-scale figures ever made (better even than Ultimate Jango). Understanding that you've handed the baton off to Sideshow for the 12" line, with The Clone Wars coming up would you consider going back to 12" figures?"

josuefett
06-03-2008, 08:32 AM
I hadn't heard Boba is going to be in this new series, so this question is a bit confusing. If they were going to return to 12" for Clone Wars, they would do characters from the Clone Wars in that style, right? Anyway, at this point I have a partial question crafted, but the part about Boba being redone stopped me in my tracks:"

the question is not confusing. it is two parts. i asked if hasbro would return to 12 inch with the new event: clone wars.
i then asked if they would repaint the boba mold. he isnt in the cartoon, i was asking about the movie versions etc.
however, boba should be in the 2009 tv series so if they redo 12 boba it would be a good time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-03-2008, 07:08 PM
New question:

According to leaked pictures, it seems that a Super Battle Droid based off of the super articulated 2007 mold will be released later this year in the Saga Legends line. Will it finally have the holes in its chest filled in? If not, when can we expect to see this change made?

JediTricks
06-04-2008, 02:28 AM
New question:

According to leaked pictures, it seems that a Super Battle Droid based off of the super articulated 2007 mold will be released later this year in the Saga Legends line. Will it finally have the holes in its chest filled in? If not, when can we expect to see this change made?
Please hit me up with leaked pics link, I thought the one I saw had the chest holes filled in.

the question is not confusing. it is two parts. i asked if hasbro would return to 12 inch with the new event: clone wars.
i then asked if they would repaint the boba mold. he isnt in the cartoon, i was asking about the movie versions etc.
however, boba should be in the 2009 tv series so if they redo 12 boba it would be a good time.Hmm, this is kinda tough, it's really 1 question that leads into an almost entirely unrelated other question, threaded together by their similar lines. And as of right now, no 12" line is out there. I'll have to think about this some more.

sebillba
06-04-2008, 04:46 AM
Just 14, 15 and 18 for me so far.

Turbowars
06-04-2008, 02:14 PM
New question:

According to leaked pictures, it seems that a Super Battle Droid based off of the super articulated 2007 mold will be released later this year in the Saga Legends line. Will it finally have the holes in its chest filled in? If not, when can we expect to see this change made?From RS

Note: Super Battle Droid is a "shadow" repaint of 2007's TAC Super Battle Droid (http://www.rebelscum.com/tac08SBD.asp). This time around, the holes in the droid's torso have been filled in. http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC/tacBPmygeetoSBD5.jpg

Beast
06-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Just 14, 15, and 16 for now. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-04-2008, 04:09 PM
From RS

Note: Super Battle Droid is a "shadow" repaint of 2007's TAC Super Battle Droid (http://www.rebelscum.com/tac08SBD.asp). This time around, the holes in the droid's torso have been filled in. http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC/tacBPmygeetoSBD5.jpg
Yeah, I noticed that today when I got the pack. So never mind on the question.

Sinscia Fat'o
06-04-2008, 04:29 PM
17, 16, 14, 8,

Droid
06-04-2008, 04:31 PM
I'll vote for #9, which vehicles might you upgrade.

Also, "The figure appears to come with sculpted-on sunglasses (which he never wore) and without the trademark hat that Mutt wore in the film." Is Mutt really a character that is notable enough to have a "trademark hat"? How about just calling it "that stupid hat Mutt wore". :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-04-2008, 04:40 PM
4, 13, 17, 18 for now

Beast
06-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Also, "The figure appears to come with sculpted-on sunglasses (which he never wore) and without the trademark hat that Mutt wore in the film." Is Mutt really a character that is notable enough to have a "trademark hat"? How about just calling it "that stupid hat Mutt wore". :rolleyes:
Given the hat is the same type that Marlon Brando wore in The Wild One, yes.

In fact, Mutt's entire look was based heavily on Brando's character.

josuefett
06-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Hmm, this is kinda tough, it's really 1 question that leads into an almost entirely unrelated other question, threaded together by their similar lines. And as of right now, no 12" line is out there. I'll have to think about this some more.

you cant have the second without the first. its pointless just asking for the repaints unless we express interest in the scale (1/6) and the opportunity to reboot the line (2008 clone wars, 2009 live action tv series). it could also lead to similar characters that we often want (jodo kast, a better jango fett, the entertainment earth mandos etc).
the question(s) just need to be asked.

p.s. i would love a line of 12 inch mandos.....aaaahhhhh....:love:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-06-2008, 08:21 PM
A question similar to #9 was asked this time by JediInsider (http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=11110):

JI: If the BMF turns out to be a huge success like we all hope it does and you were given the greenlight to choose another classic vehicle to re-design, what vehicle would you choose?

Hasbro: We have a pretty good idea what vehicle we'd choose next to redo, but rather than get everyone excited we've decided to keep mum and take the "wait and see" approach. If the Millenium Falcon is successful, we hope it will definitely lead to some "bigger" opportunities.

#17, at least the ROTJ part, was answered on JediTempleArchives (http://jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3870/#details):

Q. The Target Exclusive Force Unleashed Rancor is a very cool take on a classic creature. And it's release certainly gets wheels turning in the heads of collectors, making them think "Wow, this would be a cool way to expand on the classic Return Of The Jedi Rancor". And as luck would have it, Target has listings not only for the current Rancor in their computer system, but for an additional Raancor monster in their computer system. Can we expect a ROTJ Rancor later this year as part of THE LEGACY COLLECTION, and will it in fact be a Target exclusive?

A. There will not be a classic Rancor released later this year. It was planned for a Target exclusive in November, but due to schedule issues, it has been pushed out into 2009, and it will be contingent on the TFU one doing well. So.tell everyone you know to go grab this bad boy to make sure that the Classic one is also poised for success.

Turbowars
06-06-2008, 08:31 PM
"we hope it will definitely lead to some "bigger" opportunities"

Yeah like a repaint of the USS Flag.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
06-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Question 19 added.

Question 17 modified.

you cant have the second without the first. its pointless just asking for the repaints unless we express interest in the scale (1/6) and the opportunity to reboot the line (2008 clone wars, 2009 live action tv series). it could also lead to similar characters that we often want (jodo kast, a better jango fett, the entertainment earth mandos etc).
the question(s) just need to be asked.

p.s. i would love a line of 12 inch mandos.....aaaahhhhh....:love:IMO, without the first part of the question, the second part has no context and can't be asked realistically, and the second part isn't as crucial because it's a specific item. I've added what I think is a question that could be asked in a way Hasbro would answer and has a natural transition, but it does take focus off of their Boba Fett. Realistically, I don't think this question has a snowball's chance in hell, but I want to make as strong an argument for it as I can, and just Boba Fett ain't gonna do it.

Also, "The figure appears to come with sculpted-on sunglasses (which he never wore) and without the trademark hat that Mutt wore in the film." Is Mutt really a character that is notable enough to have a "trademark hat"? How about just calling it "that stupid hat Mutt wore". :rolleyes:You know what? Yeah, the hat's not trademark, it's barely in the film, so it's out.

Given the hat is the same type that Marlon Brando wore in The Wild One, yes.

In fact, Mutt's entire look was based heavily on Brando's character.Yeah, it's Brando's trademark hat, he wears it in the entire film, even as they beat the hell out of him IIRC, but Mutt doesn't wear it for very long, it's not his trademark hat the way Indy has a trademark hat.

A question similar to #9 was asked this time by JediInsider (http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=11110):I saw that, they locked it to 1 specific "next vehicle", we're asking about any vehicles they'd redo, not just the next one. It's pretty much the same, but has a different scope, one that's more hypothetical, so I'm hoping that'll be the "in" that'll get it done.

#17, at least the ROTJ part, was answered on JediTempleArchives (http://jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3870/#details):Hmm, that's going to require a substantial reworking of the question...

josuefett
06-09-2008, 07:41 AM
my vote is for

JediTricks
06-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Question 19 probably needs to be modified due to this last round answer:

Toymania.com: Will Hasbro make 12" Star Wars figures again?
Hasbro: It's something we are evaluating, but we don't have a decision on whether we will pursue. In the meantime, we are enjoying the tremendous work that Sideshow is doing with the 12" figure line.
I'll think about how it needs changing, but would appreciate input.

josuefett
06-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Question 19 probably needs to be modified due to this last round answer:

Toymania.com: Will Hasbro make 12" Star Wars figures again?
Hasbro: It's something we are evaluating, but we don't have a decision on whether we will pursue. In the meantime, we are enjoying the tremendous work that Sideshow is doing with the 12" figure line.
I'll think about how it needs changing, but would appreciate input.

hi hasbro. since you are considering 12" angain, why not look at some easy repacks and repaints to test the market, such as central characters like vader, 3po and r2d2, and some repaints of popular characters such as boba fett (return of the jedi, animated, prototype etc) or repainting 3po to match ROTJ and make a simple ewok throne for him to sit on (i can see this being popular) what do you think? josuefett

Tycho
06-10-2008, 09:16 AM
Dear Hasbro, will you consider making "The Emperor's Throne" for a role play item?

This would be an accessory piece that you could fit over most existing toilet fixtures and has the Galactic Empire symbol under the flip-up lid.

It would be all dark colors, so as to effectively hide any stains from sight before you sit down.

A voice-over might be connected to the flush lever so that you can hear Palpatine's voice say "Everything is proceeding exactly as I have forseen."

Think of the countless minutes one could spend practicing their evil laughing skills while sitting in the bathroom!

El Chuxter
06-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Proposed new question, inspired by the fact that I've seen one Jumptrooper, one Evo Trooper, and none of the other recent army builders:

Kids and collectors both love "army builder" characters, partly because, well, they can buy multiples and build armies (which seems like a definite plus from a business perspective). However, in many cases, army builder characters have been shortpacked, or released in limited quantities. One example would be the recent wave of Saga Legends, half of which were army builders, and which, despite being tough to find, Hasbro has stated will not be re-released anytime soon. Another current example would be the three army builders from The Force Unleashed, which are nearly impossible to find (unlike the other characters in the wave), and which, again, you've stated no intentions to re-release (though the Vader is already confirmed for at least one re-release this year). Is there any chance of keeping army builder figures in perpetual stock on your website (even if at a slightly higher cost), or perhaps of Hasbro releasing one or two cases comprised of 3-6 reissued army builder figures (aside from the Shocktrooper and 501st Trooper) per year?

josuefett
06-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Proposed new question, inspired by the fact that I've seen one Jumptrooper, one Evo Trooper, and none of the other recent army builders:

i live in the uk, precisely in the city of cambridge. ive searched every store that sells star wars figures in both cambridge (about 10+ stores) and london (i checked maybe 20 stores) and found plenty of jump troopers and evo troopers along with the others but only 1 force unleashed vader and not a single shadw guard anywhere. my friends up north havent seen vader or the guard either. whats up with that? do the cases only contain the 5 other force unleashed figures? why no guards or vaders? will the uk not get these two guys?????

josuefett
06-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Dear Hasbro, will you consider making "The Emperor's Throne" for a role play item?

This would be an accessory piece that you could fit over most existing toilet fixtures and has the Galactic Empire symbol under the flip-up lid.

It would be all dark colors, so as to effectively hide any stains from sight before you sit down.

A voice-over might be connected to the flush lever so that you can hear Palpatine's voice say "Everything is proceeding exactly as I have forseen."

Think of the countless minutes one could spend practicing their evil laughing skills while sitting in the bathroom!

i second this!
lets get the ball rolling!!!!!

obi-dad
06-11-2008, 07:05 AM

Holy Cr@p! Tycho, that was funny. I just read this here at work and I get in early... so it was very quiet until I busted a gut and had to explain what was so funny.

sebillba
06-12-2008, 01:51 PM
A new Indy question:

The relic pack-ins with the Indy figures are a great idea, and many of us are enjoying collecting these almost as much as the figures themselves. Will they continue with the 2009 waves, or will you switch to a different bonus? A good alternative might be some of the various creatures Indy encounters, such as snakes, spiders, scorpions, bugs and rats. What do you think?

Battle Droid
06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
New questions,

Will you be making any of the Separatist Leaders in the Clone Wars 3D line?

Will you be making the Destroyer Droid, Super Battle Droid, and IG-100 MagnaGuard in the Clone Wars 3D line?

JediTricks
06-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Questions 20-21 added.

Question 19 modified.

hi hasbro. since you are considering 12" angain, why not look at some easy repacks and repaints to test the market, such as central characters like vader, 3po and r2d2, and some repaints of popular characters such as boba fett (return of the jedi, animated, prototype etc) or repainting 3po to match ROTJ and make a simple ewok throne for him to sit on (i can see this being popular) what do you think? josuefettThanks for the input. Unfortunately, none of their Vaders are worth revisiting, and their 3PO mold cannot sit down. I've reworked the question though.

Putting your question in quotes makes it hard to work with, but I would say it's a little rough. The TFU troopers aren't that hard to find and aren't shortpacked, the Saga Legends are starting to hit harder and are exclusive revisits, not core army builders. And we've asked them about keeping backstock on HTS in the past (no-go), as well as army builder cases (throws things out of balance).

A new Indy question:

The relic pack-ins with the Indy figures are a great idea, and many of us are enjoying collecting these almost as much as the figures themselves. Will they continue with the 2009 waves, or will you switch to a different bonus? A good alternative might be some of the various creatures Indy encounters, such as snakes, spiders, scorpions, bugs and rats. What do you think?Not in love with the idea m'self, but I'll throw it up there. You have 2 votes remaining.

New questions,

Will you be making any of the Separatist Leaders in the Clone Wars 3D line?

Will you be making the Destroyer Droid, Super Battle Droid, and IG-100 MagnaGuard in the Clone Wars 3D line?I'll add that, but as 1 question. You have 5 votes remaining, as you never mentioned if you were serious about your Littlest Pet Shop SW question.

Battle Droid
06-13-2008, 01:39 AM
You have 5 votes remaining, as you never mentioned if you were serious about your Littlest Pet Shop SW question.

Nah, forget that question. ;)

Blue2th
06-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Almost forgot to vote.
My votes are:

JediTricks
06-13-2008, 03:32 PM
My votes:

1 pricedrop
2 roleplay
9 vehicle resize
10 droid slots
12 sdcc
19 one-sixth scale

JediTricks
06-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Ok, so that's it for this round. Thanks to everybody who participated.

I'm going to tally up the final votes and send the list off to Hasbro.

Here's the questions we're asking this round:

For years, fans have wanted a resizing/upgrading of the Millennium Falcon and, HOORAY!, now Hasbro has delivered one. Hypothetically, under ideal circumstances, what other vehicles would Hasbro consider resizing/upgrading? What would it take, under this train of thought, for Hasbro to resize the AT-AT, for example?
The recent Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle? (Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)
With 2 of the finalists in the most recent Saga Legends fans choice poll being from the Battle of Geonosis - Pablo-Jill and Coleman Trebor - might Hasbro consider releasing a second Battlepack focused on the Geonosis Arena battle containing those 2 figures? Pablo-Jill could use some actual leg articulation and this would be a good time to add it to the figure, you could also include a retooled Nikto Jedi (his actual name is Fi-ek Sirch) since he was in the scene but the figure was nearly unarticulated, and of course the prerequisite core characters that each Battlepack needs. This would make a nice counterpart to the first Geonosis Battlepack, plus it'd get some popular figures re-released.
What are the chances of getting stands or bases for the Indiana Jones figures, maybe as HasbroToyShop exclusives? Some of the figures (seems most notably the ones from KOTCS) have a hard time standing on their own without a lot of futzing.
Regarding the Indy line, photos have surfaced from Entertainment Earth of the Deluxe Mutt Williams w/ Motorcycle. The figure appears to come with sculpted-on sunglasses (which he never wore) yet without the hat that Mutt wore in the film. Will the actual production Deluxe set come with the hat? Was the figure based on film-inaccurate production stills or something similar?
Now that Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull has opened, some fans would like a full compliment of 13 Crystal Skeletons w/ thrones. Will we ever see the Skeleton w/ throne offered at mass retail, once the mail-in offer ends? Perhaps in a Deluxe 2-Pack, maybe with another army builder such as the Russian Soldier also from KotCS?

Look for a new round of voting in a few minutes.