PDA

View Full Version : Royal-Guard

badtaste
02-15-2002, 03:13 PM
We-all-saw-the-emperors-royal-guard-at-toyfare.
This-Guard-had-a-stick-and-somekind-of-lightning-bowl-around-it.
What-I-think-is-that-this-figure-isn't-an-AOTC-piece. This-fig-is-from-the-cut-scene-out-of-ROTJ-where-the-Royal-Guard-kills-an-emerial-officer.

Greetings

LTBasker
02-15-2002, 03:23 PM
The figure is NOT a Royal Guard, there is no Emperor Palpatine and Emperor is Royalty, no royalty, no royal guard. The guards in AOTC are the Episode 1 Coruscant Guards only with new garbs under Chancellor Palpatine that later become the Royal Guards for Emperor Palpatine.

Beast
02-15-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by badtaste
We-all-saw-the-emperors-royal-guard-at-toyfare.
This-Guard-had-a-stick-and-somekind-of-lightning-bowl-around-it.
What-I-think-is-that-this-figure-isn't-an-AOTC-piece.This-fig-is-from-the-cut-scene-out-of-ROTJ-where-the-Royal-Guard-kills-an-emerial-officer. Greetings
The figure is an AOTC's figure. The Insider has shown pictures of them on the set. Chancellor Palpatine changed over from the Blue Senate Guards that were seen in E1 to these guys sometime between E1 and E2. There is a rumor that we may get to see them in action in E2. But the weapon he's weilding is a force pike, somewhat like the gungan electropole from E1, it's the same thing that they were carrying in ROTJ. The electricity effect like all the new figures is removable for those that don't like it.

By the way, the only scene in ROTJ that was cut involving the Royal Guards was meant to take place right before Vader enters Palpatine's throne room and gets chastized for not remaining on the command ship. The Royal guards originally barred vader's entrance into the Elevator to the throne room, and Vader kills one or both with a force choke. Lucas removed the scene because he thought it was to much of a running gag, and besides Luke had used the choke on the Gammorean Guards at the start of the movie.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

badtaste
02-15-2002, 04:43 PM
Hmmmm.I'm-not-quite-convinced.It-all-sounds-very-far-thought....

Beast
02-15-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by badtaste
Hmmmm.I'm-not-quite-convinced.It-all-sounds-very-far-thought....
Not quite convinced of what? I'd be happy to give you more information if you would like. A picture appeard in the Star Wars Insider of one of these guards on the set for Chancellor Palpatine's office. Here is an image from the insider talking about Episode II. It appeared in issue #55.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

badtaste
02-15-2002, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JarJarBinks
[B]
Not quite convinced of what? I'd be happy to give you more information if you would like. A picture appeard in the Star Wars Insider of one of these guards on the set for Chancellor Palpatine's office. Here is an image from the insider talking about Episode II. It appeared in issue #55.

I-forgot-that,okay,maybe-your-right-hmmmmmm,If-you-take-a-close-look-at-this-toy.It-looks-like-his-helmet-might-be-removable...

Don't-you-think?

LTBasker
02-15-2002, 07:10 PM
Anyone else think that bald chick looks like Ilia from the first Star Trek movie? :rolleyes:

Lord Tenebrous
02-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Sly Moore is a cool background character. She, along with Uv Gizen, Dar Wac, and the guards, will definately give any scene with Palpatine a more sinister feel, just because of the haunting appearance of Palp's entourage.

And I do believe the red guards in AOTC are being referred to as Chancellor's Guards

Unit-01
02-15-2002, 08:28 PM
I highly doubt his helmet is removable. But I think he might be able to hold his pike on his side maybe.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
02-16-2002, 11:23 AM
Does Sly Moore actually do anything in this movie? Anyone know something about her character? Yeah, she did remind me of the bald lady in the 1st Star Trek movie

Bosskman
02-16-2002, 11:35 AM
I hope that this figure can hold the pike on both his left and right sides like in ROTJ. I plan on getting 6 of these AWSOME figures. 4 for my ROTJ shelf and 2 for AOTC. My old salt shaker royal guards have been put away.

mabudonicus
02-16-2002, 11:39 AM
From the pics I've seen, it looks like the guard will be able to hold his pike on either side of his body, so you can use two of the same figure to flank entranceways or whatever.

Jayspawn
02-16-2002, 11:56 AM
Oh hell, it's a cool looking figure and I can't wait for it to come out!