PDA

View Full Version : July 26 product list

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Note: this is not necessarily final. These are all the products that have been confirmed as coming out on July 26. There are still several other products slated for release in June and early July that are not included on this list, as well as of course products that will be released later. Several older products will be re-released on new packaging and have not been included here (except for the Fett Legacy redeco).

The Legacy Collection Basic Figures
1. Han Solo
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Chewbacca
4. Leektar & Nippet
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al Gargan
7. Bane Malar
8. Darth Vader

The Clone Wars Basic Figures
1. Anakin Skywalker
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
3. Yoda
4. Captain Rex
5. Clone Trooper
6. General Grievous
7. Battle Droid
8. R2-D2

Evolution Sets
*Rebel Pilots (Dorovio Bold, Wes Janson, Ten Numb)
*The Padmé Amidala Legacy
*The Fett Legacy (redeco with Boba Fett’s chest insignia)

Vehicles
*AT-TE (All Terrain Tactical Enforcer)
*Millennium Falcon
*V-19 Clone Shuttle
*Homing Spider Droid

Exclusives
*Holographic General Grievous (Toys R Us)
*Green Leader A-wing (Wal-Mart)

JEDIpartner
06-06-2008, 02:07 PM
This is about how it's gonna play out for me:

4. Leektar & Nippet
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al Gargan
7. Bane Malar

8. R2-D2

Evolution Sets

Vehicles
*Millennium Falcon

...thanks for posting JabbaJohn!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Sure! As for me, I think I'm going to end up buying all of it, as well as some of the re-released stuff I missed the first time! :dead:

JEDIpartner
06-06-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm really going to need to cut back. I mean, they've pretty much made everything I REALLY want. I'd like to do other things with my money than buy Star Wars crap for the rest of my life. I'm also running out of room. That's a tell-tale sign right there.

TheDarthVader
06-06-2008, 02:47 PM
4. Leektar & Nippet (x2)
5. Ak-Rev (x1)
6. Yarna d’al Gargan (x3 to let hasbro know i really wanted her and was not b-s-ing)
7. Bane Malar (x2)

Evolution Sets

Vehicles
*Millennium Falcon (i will probably wait and see if it clearances first)

Exclusives

not counting the falcon, that is roughly $136 out of my pocket for what i want. not bad.

El Chuxter
06-06-2008, 03:00 PM
1. Han Solo (Sandstorm?)
2. Luke Skywalker (Sandstorm?)
3. Chewbacca (Sandstorm?)
4. Leektar & Nippet
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al Gargan
7. Bane Malar
8. Darth Vader (the LAST Vader I will ever buy... unless he looks bad in person, in which case I'll pass)

Evolution Sets

Looking at roughly $96. Of course, I'm not going to bother going to any sales (unless they are truly running sales) since I don't want any of the latter-day Clone Wars stuff, and I'm so done with vehicles it's not funny. So this will probably be spread out over August and maybe even part of September.

Given that I'm not buying any more toys at all until August (not counting some Joes I pre-ordered which were supposed to ship in August but appear to be going out piecemeal, and that black Royal Guard if the thing actually exists and I find one), I'd say I'm pretty successful at cutting back.

Heck, I might even get a little back by selling off Ten Numb #43. Jeez, why does Hasbro give these split-second characters three and four resculpts apiece, and there still isn't a damned Cliegg Lars?

jedi master sal
06-06-2008, 04:40 PM
From the list so far:
1. Han Solo (will get later not on 7/26)
2. Luke Skywalker (will get later not on 7/26)
3. Chewbacca (will get later not on 7/26)
4. Leektar & Nippet X2
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al Gargan
7. Bane Malar (will get later not on 7/26)
8. Darth Vader (will get later not on 7/26 maybe)

General Grievous (maybe-have to see him in person)
Battle Droid (maybe have to see it in person)

Evolution Sets

Vehicles
*AT-TE (All Terrain Tactical Enforcer) 1 maybe up to three, depends (I'll get one that day, then up to two more later. I've scrapped my plans for 5 of them. Just figured I really didn't need those other two. Now if they were to go on sale....well, just depends on the sale price.
*Millennium Falcon
*V-19 Clone Shuttle X2
*Homing Spider Droid X4

Exclusives
*Holographic General Grievous (Toys R Us) (maybe, have to see him in person)

So for that day it's a minimum of $380 ($405 with tax) and a max of $412 ($440 with tax), but eventually I'll get the other figs on the list that I mentioned, I'm just not in a rush for them as I expect them to be easy to find. Thankfully I've already got this money saved. Now it's just the $300 in Halo toys that I need to work on during this same time period.

Now if AT-TEs start flying off the shelves, then I'll get the other two sooner and not wait for sales. I expect this and the BMFalcon to be the hot SW toys for the year.

Ji'dai
06-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Geez, I don't know names of obscure characters! I have look them up...

:Googling: Leektar, Nippet, Ak-Rev, Yarna, Bane...

Okay, now I know who's who and what I want:

Han, Luke, & Chewie (if they're the Sandstorm ones)
Leektar & Nippet (yes, more Ewoks!)
Ak-Rev (okay, a Max Rebo Musician)
Yarna d’al Gargan (cool, Jabba's obese dancing girl)
Bane Malar (cool looking bounty hunter)
Darth Vader... all signs point to no

Hahaha, yeah right.

Evolution Sets
Rebel Pilots (most likely)
The Padmé Amidala Legacy (maybe)
Fett (nah, don't need another Jango or Boba)

Vehicles
Millennium Falcon (leaning towards getting one; want to see it in person first)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-06-2008, 08:02 PM
The Luke, Han, and Chewbacca are indeed the sandstorm versions.

figrin bran
06-06-2008, 11:39 PM
I would like everything from Legacy wv. 1 except for Vader though I may not necessarily buy them immediately on 7/26. Yarna and the Ewoks would have the greatest priority of purchase.

From CW wave 1, I'm buying all 8. I do plan to build small squads of the clones and battle droids though I won't necessarily attain my goal on 7/26.

And then I want the Padme and Rebel Pilots evo sets.

Blue2th
06-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I am pretty much the same. I'll buy Legacy and vehicles. Everything but Vader and animated.

Tycho
06-07-2008, 01:02 PM
JediMasterSal and I are on the same page quite frequently with our plans for collecting:

From the list so far:

1. Han Solo
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Chewbacca

(I'm going to try to use the Sandstorm figures as being from Seridipal, NJO (where Chewie dies) and hope to add the Solo children to the group some day, and have them all aboard the big Millennium Falcon.

4. Leektar & Nippet X3
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al Gargan
7. Bane Malar x5+

General Grievous (maybe-have to see him in person)
Battle Droid (maybe have to see it in person)

Evolution Sets

*Rebel Pilots (Dorovio Bold, Wes Janson, Ten Numb) - maybe. I just really want Janson.

Vehicles
*AT-TE (All Terrain Tactical Enforcer) x 2.
*Millennium Falcon
*V-19 Clone Shuttle X2
*Homing Spider Droid X4

El Chuxter
06-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Even from the standpoint of someone who's making an effort to spend a lot less on toys, and with the glut of Vaders, I'm surprised at everyone passing on this.

TWO-STAGE REMOVABLE HELMET!

Phantom-like Menace
06-08-2008, 09:31 AM
1. Han Solo (possible, not a priority)
2. Luke Skywalker (ditto)
3. Chewbacca (ditto)
7. Bane Malar (ditto)

Evolution Sets
*Rebel Pilots (absolutely)
*The Fett Legacy (maybe if they fix the purple Jango)

Vehicles
*AT-TE (Two please, and it's about time!)
*V-19 Clone Shuttle (two)

Exclusives
*Green Leader A-wing (maybe)

Tycho
06-08-2008, 09:53 AM
It's 7:45 am and I've just got out of the shower. I've been awake since probably 5:30am. I don't sleep well - or I sleep in broken naps.

But it still feels strange, NOT driving over to Target at this time in the morning, waiting for them to open so I can get my stuff I want at retail prices and never have to deal with scalpers.

In this case, there is no stuff I want. So I will go back to sleep shortly. YAWN! :sleeping:

But yeah, until 7-26, there's nothing for me to do. I will NOT collect another toy line. There's no passion in a lot of other stuff which is comparable to Star Wars for me (except perhaps Star Trek, Terminator, and Transformers). I guess GI Joe goes there for people who are into the comics. But Indiana Jones and most super heroes do not reach me at that level (Batman is a notable exception - Bruce is written very cool).

El Chuxter
06-08-2008, 11:05 AM
(Batman is a notable exception - Bruce is written very cool).

Unfortunately, as is normally the case, there's a dearth of good Batman figures around. :(

DarkArtist
06-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Note: this is not necessarily final. These are all the products that have been confirmed as coming out on July 26. There are still several other products slated for release in June and early July that are not included on this list, as well as of course products that will be released later. Several older products will be re-released on new packaging and have not been included here (except for the Fett Legacy redeco).

1. Han Solo
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Chewbacca
4. Leektar & Nippet
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al Gargan
7. Bane Malar
8. Darth Vader

1. Anakin Skywalker
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
3. Yoda
4. Captain Rex
5. Clone Trooper
6. General Grievous
7. Battle Droid
8. R2-D2

Evolution Sets

Vehicles
*Millennium Falcon
*V-19 Clone Shuttle
*Homing Spider Droid

Exclusives

I think for me I will get at least one of each of the Legacy figures, the V-19 Torret Starfighter, Legacy Padme, and from the Clone Wars line, R2, Yoda, 2x Clone Troopers, Captain Rex, 2x of the Battle Droids and maybe Anakin.
It's a toss up between the Falcon and AT-TE

Tycho
06-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Unfortunately, as is normally the case, there's a dearth of good Batman figures around. :(

While I've never bought any Batman products in my adult life, a good piece would be a Hot Toys type of figure with all his "really working gear" and the maybe the ability to display him unmasked.

With the best rogues gallery of super villains, Hot Toys could go on to create these characters as well.

I think Mattel would really have to spend on a playset or two to make a smaller toyline worth collecting. The Bruce Wayne converting car to attack vehicle is a step in the right direction though.

If I really had room, and nothing else to collect, a company like Hot Toys ought to make the tumbler car in scale for their large figures and maybe they'd get the $500 for it that they might need to charge. SideShow's Jabba the Hutt, plus throne, plus all the creature packs add up to $400. People DO spend that much. And the tumbler would be about that size (of Jabba's whole throne area) if made for the 12" figure range.

I would think that would be awesome, but as I noted, I'm not in the market for it. If I didn't have Jabba the Hutt or Star Wars items that size like the Hasbro 12" Dewback, then sure - I might see myself going for that. It IS a decision first made by assessing available SPACE.

The other thing that would interest me - seriously - is ultra-premium Transformers with Optimus Prime's truck form being like that big, and converting into something like a 20" fully poseable action figure with all his accessories "transformable" (or in otherwords, contained mostly within his body) - and then a movie line in scale with him. Yes, we're talking about $500 Transformers possibly, but I'm not expecting more than 2 to be released per year probably. Considering what we spend on toys, that would be a fair price burden.

As I noted before, if you were just dedicated to ONE toy line or something, you could be into such collector pieces. For me, I started with Star Wars and I'm happy staying with it, and then leaving the toy hobby almost totally, as it sputters out (if it does).

El Chuxter
06-08-2008, 02:07 PM
The drawback to every Batman toyline is that they put way too much emphasis on Batman himself, with multiple costumes (most of which aren't even based on anything), and not enough on his rogue's gallery and supporting characters.

I'm not sure about DC Direct, which are higher-end figures, but there's been only one or maybe two Jim Gordon figures ever made for the mass market. And one or two Alfreds. No Lucius Foxes, no Hushes, no comic-accurate Clayfaces, no Bullochs or Montoyas, not even enough Robins. Other villains, like R'as al Ghul, Ventriloquist, Harley Quinn, and so forth, have been underrepresented, with only one or a few figures each over a 20-year period, and most of these were impossible to find. The 3.75" figures coming out look to be giving us some characters we need, but they don't look too good. :(

Sinscia Fat'o
06-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I'll get the entire Legacy Collection. 1-8 hands down nuff said. The clone wars can wait...till banthas fly. I'll get both EVo. sets, excepy for the Fett i'm happy with the one i have. Falcon, and the B-Wing are so far good to go to my shelf.. The rest of this crap can rot...

1. Han Solo
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Chewbacca
4. Leektar & Nippet
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al Gargan
7. Bane Malar
8. Darth Vader

Evolution Sets

Vehicles
*Millennium Falcon

Exclusives
*Green Leader A-wing (Wal-Mart)[/quote]

Blue2th
06-08-2008, 07:46 PM
The 3.75" figures coming out look to be giving us some characters we need, but they don't look too good. :(
They look alot like POTF2 figures in the articulation department.

JediTricks
06-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Hasbro has a few more items they say will be on shelves:

GalacticHunter.com: Can you give us a full rundown of what we can expect on July 26 So we loons can have an idea of how much scratch we will need that night? --From JediCrippler
Hasbro: It IS going to be a big day for Star Wars collectors! On 7/26, everything (with very few exceptions) in the new white and blue Clone Wars inspired line look will be available for sale for the first time. This includes everything from the all-new Clone Wars and Legacy/Droid Factory basic figures to the new Starfighter vehicles (V-19 and Spider Droid), Evolutions, and Battle Packs, all the way up to the Clone Helmet, new Ultimate Lightsaber, and AT-TE and Millenium Falcon. In addition, the "continuing" assortments like role play lightsabers and blasters, Saga Legends, Galactic Heroes, and Titanium will have new packaging and some will have new items to go with the carry forwards in new packaging (this is where MOC or MIB collectors will feel the pinch....we apologize in advance, but doing repacks is a necessity in our ongoing assortments). Some of the continuing assortments like comic packs, Star Wars Transformers Crossovers, and Unleashed 2" are trailing behind in the transition to the new packaging look. These will likely phase into the planograms a couple weeks later, although we are doing everything we can to get them there on 7/26. Finally, on 7/26, there will be a number of exclusives...details of which will be revealed as we get closer to the date. Whew!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-08-2008, 11:47 PM
Hasbro has a few more items they say will be on shelves:

GalacticHunter.com: Can you give us a full rundown of what we can expect on July 26 So we loons can have an idea of how much scratch we will need that night? --From JediCrippler
Hasbro: It IS going to be a big day for Star Wars collectors! On 7/26, everything (with very few exceptions) in the new white and blue Clone Wars inspired line look will be available for sale for the first time. This includes everything from the all-new Clone Wars and Legacy/Droid Factory basic figures to the new Starfighter vehicles (V-19 and Spider Droid), Evolutions, and Battle Packs, all the way up to the Clone Helmet, new Ultimate Lightsaber, and AT-TE and Millenium Falcon. In addition, the "continuing" assortments like role play lightsabers and blasters, Saga Legends, Galactic Heroes, and Titanium will have new packaging and some will have new items to go with the carry forwards in new packaging (this is where MOC or MIB collectors will feel the pinch....we apologize in advance, but doing repacks is a necessity in our ongoing assortments). Some of the continuing assortments like comic packs, Star Wars Transformers Crossovers, and Unleashed 2" are trailing behind in the transition to the new packaging look. These will likely phase into the planograms a couple weeks later, although we are doing everything we can to get them there on 7/26. Finally, on 7/26, there will be a number of exclusives...details of which will be revealed as we get closer to the date. Whew!
My list focused just on the 3 3/4" stuff since we all know that's the only stuff that matters. :p

obi-dad
06-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Like a lot of people that have already posted, I will be focused on the Legacy figures. I will definitely get

1. Han Solo
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Chewbacca
4. Leektar & Nippet (x2)
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al Gargan
7. Bane Malar (not sure yet)
8. Darth Vader (x2)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (maybe, if it really grabs me when I see it)
Yoda (maybe)
R2-D2 (maybe)

Evolution Sets

Vehicles
*Millennium Falcon

I, too, was very surprised that so many were passing on Vader, unless they didn't recall it was with the 2-piece helmet. How could you pass on that???

Tycho
06-09-2008, 12:59 PM
I, too, was very surprised that so many were passing on Vader, unless they didn't recall it was with the 2-piece helmet. How could you pass on that???

I'm not SURE I'll pass on it, but I really have enough Vaders. And as I make dioramas - that is I set up my figures and then don't touch them again - a 2-piece helmet isn't going to do me any good anyway.

I'd rather have 7 more dollars.

GizorDellso
06-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Im getting 2 Bane Malars,2 packs of those Ewoks,and 3 Homing Spider Droids. Are the basic figures still gonna be 6.99?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Im getting 2 Bane Malars,2 packs of those Ewoks,and 3 Homing Spider Droids. Are the basic figures still gonna be 6.99?
Most signs point to the price being $7.99.

General_Grievous
06-11-2008, 10:33 PM
1. Han Solo (Sandstorm?)
2. Luke Skywalker (Sandstorm?)
3. Chewbacca (Sandstorm?)
4. Leektar & Nippet
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al Gargan
7. Bane Malar
8. Darth Vader (the LAST Vader I will ever buy... unless he looks bad in person, in which case I'll pass)

Evolution Sets

Looking at roughly $96. Of course, I'm not going to bother going to any sales (unless they are truly running sales) since I don't want any of the latter-day Clone Wars stuff, and I'm so done with vehicles it's not funny. So this will probably be spread out over August and maybe even part of September.

Ditto for me as well. Come July 26, I'll be stalking Toys R Us like a pedophile at a kindergarten.

Mvader91
06-11-2008, 11:36 PM
:tired::upset:
Ditto for me as well. Come July 26, I'll be stalking Toys R Us like a pedophile at a kindergarten.

jedi master sal
06-12-2008, 09:30 AM

that's creepy.

dindae
06-12-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm unsure as to what I will pick up on the 26th. I was already cutting back but with the huge gap I'm feeling less excited about things, but I know once I start buying I will probably get more excited about things again.

The Legacy Collection Basic Figures - all of them
The Clone Wars Basic Figures - none of them

Evolution Sets
*Rebel Pilots (Dorovio Bold, Wes Janson, Ten Numb) - yes
*The Padmé Amidala Legacy - yes
*The Fett Legacy (redeco with Boba Fett’s chest insignia) - no

Vehicles
*AT-TE (All Terrain Tactical Enforcer) - not on the 26th I might suggest my girlfriend give it to me for anniversary / xmas or I might get more excited and buy it
*Millennium Falcon - ditto
*V-19 Clone Shuttle - pass
*Homing Spider Droid - yes

Exclusives
*Holographic General Grievous (Toys R Us) - likely pass
*Green Leader A-wing (Wal-Mart) - likely pass

Also I will pick up any new Titaniums although from what the said I don't expect them to be on the shelf.

General_Grievous
06-12-2008, 12:09 PM
that's creepy.
Thank you, I'll be here all week. :o

CaptainSolo1138
06-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Thank you, I'll be here all week. :o
Good. Chris Hansen and I will be stopping by for a show (bring Mike's Hard Lemonade and condoms).

Slicker
06-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Would anyone out there be willing to help me out with anything? If so I'll gladly pay price+shipping+extra. That is unless Cappy, RB, or Kidhuman would be willing to help instead. I'm basically looking for the exclusives and all of the figures. The vehicles can wait.

CaptainSolo1138
06-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Would anyone out there be willing to help me out with anything? If so I'll gladly pay price+shipping+extra. That is unless Cappy, RB, or Kidhuman would be willing to help instead. I'm basically looking for the exclusives and all of the figures. The vehicles can wait.
I'm more than willing to get everything for you, but I'll need the cash first. Email me and we can figure it out.

Neuroleptic
06-13-2008, 08:41 AM
My want list is insanely short.

1. Darth Vader (and that's only if this is the removable helmet version and depending on what he looks like in person).

1. R2-D2 (and I'll be a little upset if they never release 3PO to go with him. That is all I will EVER buy of the Clone Wars figures)

Evolution Sets
1. Rebel Pilots (Dorovio Bold, Wes Janson, Ten Numb) (and that's if I find it. I almost NEVER see these in my area. Only reason I want it is for Ten Numb since the figure that came with my B-wing is looking seriously dated compared to the rest of the figures in my collection. I may wait and find him on E-bay after X-mass since I probably won't be able to afford the 20.00 or so for the set at the time.)

Vehicles
None. (With the price of gas at 4.00 a gallon now, and lack of space for my collection, I don't think I have the money or room.)

Exclusives
1. Green Leader A-wing (Wal-Mart) (If i'm able to find him in stores. Exclusive figures aren't easy to find here for some reason. Dose this one come with the A-wing? If so, it'll also depend on weather or not I can afford it.)

So, I have two figures out of everything comeing out that I will probably buy IF I find them on day one, a legacy set I probably won't be able to afford at the moment for one other figure, and the A-wing leader. And if he comes with the A-wing (which I'm thinking he dose) I won't be able to afford him at the moment. Most likely, they'll be the figures everone else and the scalpers want, so I'll never even see them anyway.

CaptainSolo1138
06-13-2008, 09:22 AM
My want list is insanely short.I've got you beat:

Nothing.

Neuroleptic
06-13-2008, 09:42 AM
I just went through and read the rest of the posts, and I think that if what was said about the increased price was true, the two stage removable helmet darth vader may be the only individual figure I buy. Scratch the R2 if that's the case.

I'll wait and see how that gose. 8 bucks for one figure is reaching the point of madness in my book.

CaptainSolo1138
06-13-2008, 09:49 AM
I'll wait and see how that gose. 8 bucks for one figure is reaching the point of madness in my book.
I think a lot of people feel that way about stuff (though I'm sure I'll be told I'm wrong:rolleyes:). For my money, I'd rather by two GI Joe figs or drop the extra couple bucks and get a nice McFarlane Sports statue figure.

jedi master sal
06-13-2008, 12:01 PM
I think a lot of people feel that way about stuff (though I'm sure I'll be told I'm wrong:rolleyes:). For my money, I'd rather by two GI Joe figs or drop the extra couple bucks and get a nice McFarlane Sports statue figure.

I have to agree with you here Cappy. Price is most certainly part of why I'm drawing down on collecting. When a few short years ago it was $5, that was reasonable. Okay given added articulation rises cost, but by $3 now?

I look at comic packs being $10. FIgures aren't perfect but you DO get what you pay for them and maybe a little more. Evolutions sets are good. Excellent articulation for the most part and at $20-21 they are right on par or even less than the cost of figures. Once the $8 price goes into affect, if Evo sets stay at $30, then they will most def become the better deal.

My guess is that Hasbro is banking on kinds of today growing up with costs of $8 that it will be nothing for them to buy now and in the future. We "old timers" will just fade out.

The advent of this animated line is helping to artificially do that as well. I read on MANY boards the many collector who is either not buying animated at all or just a scant amount.

Personally I DO think this is going to hurt Hasbro. Yes there is the "Legacy" line, but with most of the mainline characters being done and several times over, Hasbro can't really "reboot" the line in this style and keep us interested. They're penchant for reusing sculpts and repaints has become exhaustive to many of us.

Charging $8 is going to put a serious damper on those collecting a lot. For the rest of us, we'll just scale it down. Again, that doesn't bode well for Hasbro.

Well, I'm rambling and repeating, so I'll stop here.

-Sal

LTBasker
06-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Will both the first Legacy wave and the Clone Wars wave have "first day" stickers, or will it only be one of them? And, is it the night of the 25th (thus it being officially the 26th on midnight), or the night of the 26th? I don't recall how it was on the last Midnight Madness.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Will both the first Legacy wave and the Clone Wars wave have "first day" stickers, or will it only be one of them? And, is it the night of the 25th (thus it being officially the 26th on midnight), or the night of the 26th? I don't recall how it was on the last Midnight Madness.
I've seen the Clone Wars figures with the sticker (as it does feature a clone on it and not a stormtrooper), but mock-up packages of the Hoth Leia/green Mandalorian comic pack also had one, but I don't think it's coming out that day.

If stores do midnight madness, it will be July 26 at 12:01; the remaining stores will have product sometime during the day on July 26.

1. Green Leader A-wing (Wal-Mart) (If i'm able to find him in stores. Exclusive figures aren't easy to find here for some reason. Dose this one come with the A-wing? If so, it'll also depend on weather or not I can afford it.)

It's the A-wing itself, hence the name "Green Leader A-wing." The pilot is included.

jamesbondo07
06-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Is the midnight madness planned for just select Targets and Wal-Marts or are they planning to do this in every store?

El Chuxter
06-13-2008, 02:00 PM
I have a feeling we'll all laugh and laugh and laugh when we see all the "First Day!" stickers two or three weeks out.

Blue2th
06-13-2008, 03:22 PM
It's the A-wing itself, hence the name "Green Leader A-wing." The pilot is included.

Is that the same A-Wing we got as a Target Exclusive back in the Saga days, or slightly different?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Is that the same A-Wing we got as a Target Exclusive back in the Saga days, or slightly different?
As you can see, (http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2008/Hasbro/presentation/image43.asp) it's a red ship with different paint apps than the other red one (and obviously different from the green Target one, despite the name). The figure is apparently Arvel Crynyd, or the Tycho figure with a new head and a more accurate helmet.

Is the midnight madness planned for just select Targets and Wal-Marts or are they planning to do this in every store?
Probably just select ones. I doubt Target will do anything; some TRUs might, and I assume 24-hour WMs will have it, and maybe others. I've never been to a midnight madness before, so I'm frankly not 100% sure how it works. It might be fun to see if any stores here will have one. If not, I can wait eight hours and go to Target. Or just get it all a few days later, but that's no fun. :D

El Chuxter
06-13-2008, 05:18 PM
With the new "movie" being so under the radar thus far, I doubt very many places will do midnight madness sales.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-13-2008, 05:26 PM
With the new "movie" being so under the radar thus far, I doubt very many places will do midnight madness sales.
That's kind of what I was thinking, too. But Hasbro said they were telling the stores about it, in the same way they have for the other big releases, so hopefully it'll be similar since I've loved the others.

Neuroleptic
06-13-2008, 05:33 PM
[quote=Mr. JabbaJohnL;623345]As you can see, (http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2008/Hasbro/presentation/image43.asp) it's a red ship with different paint apps than the other red one (and obviously different from the green Target one, despite the name).

Hm . . . a little masking tape, maybe some primer, and a can of olive drab spray paint or an air brush . . . Yeah! That'd be great!

. . . I'll have to wait and see what it costs. I'll have to think about getting it since I don't have an A-wing and I know it'll be more expensive to buy on E-bay if I wait. At least, every time I'v gone looking for an A-wing they have always cost a whole lot more than I thought the would. Even still, money is just a bit tight at the moment. Damn gas prices and house payments!

El Chuxter
06-13-2008, 05:38 PM
That's kind of what I was thinking, too. But Hasbro said they were telling the stores about it, in the same way they have for the other big releases, so hopefully it'll be similar since I've loved the others.

Yeah, but my point is that, if the stores perceive the marketing as being considerably less than expected for a SW movie, a lot of them will come to the conclusion that opening at midnight isn't cost effective.

dindae
06-13-2008, 08:02 PM
If I ran a store I wouldn't waste the time with it. I know Target around here won't do it. Wal-Marts are already open 24 hours. TRU might. On the one hand TRU seems to be bare bones on staff when it is not the holiday season and doing something like midnight madness but on the other they would probably make in a few hours would they would sell in a weekend.

Obsession is Nute
06-14-2008, 10:08 PM
I hear yah, Chuxter. I question if the Imperial Shadow Gaurd actually exists. He is the only one left from Q1&2 of 2009 that I have not collected. I have visited 4 Targets, 2 Wal Marts, and a Toys R Us in my greater area more times than I would like to imagine. Nothing! I have given up on Kmart. There stocking is SO bad, they are dead to me now.

I will probably buy all of the new legacy stuff. Yarna and Bane Malor are the only ones that I find to be interesting though.

I am pretty sure I am going to skip the Clone Wars lines. I am excited as Hell about the movie, but I have 776 figures made to replicate flesh and blood characters, the clone wars line would not assimilate with them.

I am really looking forward to the Homing Spider droid! That is the first vehicle I will have bought in a long, long time. I will find room for him!

jedimastergeorge06
06-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Does anyone know yet if there will be a midnight madness sale on 7/26?

I thought i read it on some site that i cant remember saying how hasbro has comfirmed that there will be a midnight madness sale but they didnt know wich stores are doing it yet.

If some one could find out for me or let me know that would be wonderful to know so i can plan ahead.

thanks

Tycho
06-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Toys R Us is the only store who's ever done a special opening at midnite.

Target will definitely be closed and open the next morning at 8am like always - only the stuff should be stocked (my Target sucked so bad the Indiana Jones stuff wasn't put out for a week later, after toy collectors complained to management).

Wal-Mart will stock stuff like usual, bringing out the new Star Wars stuff any time after midnite. Most stores are 24 hours, so if they hit the floor before then, the items might not ring up until midnite. If not, the items might not be stocked AT midnite, but throughout the course of whenever the toy section stockers get to it.

I'd hit a Toys R Us and enjoy the line up with other fans from your area (if you have a TRU you can get to).

Then I'd go to Wal-Mart afterwards to try and find anything you weren't able to buy (assuming you still have any money and can pawn your mother's jewlery at this hour).

bigbarada
06-17-2008, 10:43 PM
As you can see, (http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2008/Hasbro/presentation/image43.asp) it's a red ship with different paint apps than the other red one (and obviously different from the green Target one, despite the name). The figure is apparently Arvel Crynyd, or the Tycho figure with a new head and a more accurate helmet.

The main A-Wing Pilot in ROTJ was called "Green Leader." It had more to do with his jumpsuit being green, not his A-Wing (which was red and white in the film). Similar to how the Y-Wing Squadron leader was called Grey Leader because of their grey jumpsuits, not because their Y-Wings were grey. Also, the X-Wing pilots in ANH were called Red Squadron without their X-Wings being painted red.

This one looks to have a much more accurate paint application than the old 1997 POTF2 release. Also we are finally, after 23 years, getting an A-Wing Pilot with the correct helmet.

I'm actually more excited for this vehicle than I was when I saw the AT-TE and Falcon. I hated the green EU Saga A-Wing and still can't bring myself to buy that piece of crap, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

El Chuxter
06-18-2008, 12:12 AM
KB did a midnight sale for TPM. I recall, since I went there thinking it would be madness at TRU. They didn't spread the word well, and the mall security was confused, and me and a friend wound up being the only people there.

Turned out, everything was easy to find, and a lot cheaper at WM the next morning. I returned everything to KB and p***ed off the manager. Wasn't intending to, but $2 extra per figure, and more for larger items, was a pretty substantial difference across an entire line.

Tycho
06-18-2008, 01:16 AM
What's KB? (wink, wink) That doesn't exist most places any more.

If it does - they won't do a Midnite Madness. They're busy figuring out how to pay to staff their regular store hours and wouldn't be able to afford any extras.

By the way: I hear you can trade your Jedi Master Points in for their stock options.

obi-dad
06-18-2008, 07:11 AM
Turned out, everything was easy to find, and a lot cheaper at WM the next morning. I returned everything to KB and p***ed off the manager. Wasn't intending to, but $2 extra per figure, and more for larger items, was a pretty substantial difference across an entire line.

For that very reason, I was thinking I would hang out at Walmart instead of TRU. I would guess the falcon would be $5 difference at least and this year I've seen a $.20-$.30 difference, which could add up for a single release day like this.

jedi master sal
06-18-2008, 07:31 AM
I'm going to be buying from TRU regardless.

For one I get fuel savings when I purchase gift cards for TRU through my local grocery chain.

As well, I'm in talks with the manager to have a midnight madness. While not specifically promised that I'd be able to get all I wanted, the hint was there that I could have a few items set aide for me. (Falcon and AT-TE would be my top two picks of course.)

Besides, we as collectors NEED TRU. For one they ARE a toy store. And they create more competition for Target and Wal&Mart. We can't let those bog box places run over TRU.

I do understand the cost savings and if you don't have a program like mine that will offset that cost, I understand shopping elsewheres.

obi-dad
06-18-2008, 08:18 AM
JMS, you make good points there and I didn't even think supporting TRU as competition to Walmart (I'm not considering Target, as I've never heard of them working over suppliers to get them such a discount that they drive the competition out of business, (not only toy stores, but with anything they sell). Might have to hit TRU instead, besides I know I will see people I know there.

jedi master sal
06-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Cool.

By no means am I saying to anyone they have to shop at TRU. And of course if you don't have one close to you it doesn't make sense to travel to one far away, instead of shopping at whatever your local retailer is.

I think I just tend to think big picture. And while one days shopping for toys may not pack a full punch, it may send a small message to the big box places that they are not the only game in town.

I know experiences differ, but for me customer service form Target has been the worse (with some rare exceptions). WM's cust/svc is nearly non-existent. But with TRU I can always get help. So for me, that's just one more reason I want to support TRU.

Though I do wish there were a few things we could change about TRU to make them more competitive. They need to open their stores earlier (8am), stay open later (10pm standard and later during the Christmas season), get more exclusives and have more sales/clearances. On the sales, it's hard for them to do since they are locked into toys (and baby stuff for those TRU/BabiesRU stores). They unfortunately don't have the diversity that WM and Target do. That's one reason Target can have sales as they figure on picking up additional dollars spent elsewhere in their store. And it's why WM can charge less overall because of the vastness of stock in everything else they have (along with their strong arming manufacturers into bargain basement prices).

I plan on spending about $500 on july 26. If that's all spent at TRU then I imagine that will only be about $20 more than what I'd spend at Target or WM. (I'll only buy at those other two places that day if the product I'm looking for isn't available at TRU).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-18-2008, 02:06 PM
I'll be going to Target with a buttload of those "$5 off per transaction" coupons, and having a ton of small transactions. :D That'll be early in the morning, then I'll get to TRU which opens at 10 and snag the holo Grievous and anything I may have missed at Target. Sometime in the day I'll hit up WM for the A-wing.

jedimastergeorge06
06-23-2008, 07:06 PM
Heres my list....

The legacy collection..

yarna
bane malar
Leektar & Nippet
vader
chewy

The clone wars....

rex
x5 clone troopers (for the at-te)
holographic grevous (from toysrus)
r2d2 (might wait on)
anakin (might wait on til later, im sure there will be plenty left)
obi won ( wait on also)
yoda ( getting cause my gf loves yoda so im buying him for her)

vehicles

the falcon (first one to grab)
at-te (second one to grab)
awing (walmart) (might wait on, might not wait ill have to see)

evolution sets

pilots ( might wait on, ill have to see)
padme ( once again getting it for my gf)

obi-dad
06-26-2008, 12:25 PM
I'll be going to Target with a buttload of those "$5 off per transaction" coupons.

Where do you get those? I think I've read about those coupons elsewhere, too, but never seem to get the details.

jedi master sal
06-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Where do you get those? I think I've read about those coupons elsewhere, too, but never seem to get the details.

PM me your e-mail. I can shoot you a PDF of the file, several on a normal letter sized paper. Then you can print as many as you'd like.

I've got a file that is 6 or 8 up on a tabloid sized sheet. I just print off a few sheets at work as needed. I give them away all the time while at Target. Figure I'll help some parents along the way.

El Chuxter
06-26-2008, 02:13 PM
Figrin Bran posted a link to it somewhere, too; I think it's somewhere in the massive expanse of the Transformers thread.

I'm running low on them (only printed six), and need to run off some more myself.

jedi master sal
06-26-2008, 04:10 PM
obi-dad, file has been sent.

It's like money in the bank...

obi-dad
06-26-2008, 07:22 PM
obi-dad, file has been sent.

It's like money in the bank...

Received and printed.... thanks. Can't wait for something to use them on now.

Mr Burns
06-27-2008, 11:16 AM

1. Han Solo
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Chewbacca
4. Leektar & Nippet
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al Gargan
7. Bane Malar
8. Darth Vader

1. Anakin Skywalker
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
3. Yoda
4. Captain Rex
5. Clone Trooper
6. General Grievous
7. Battle Droid
8. R2-D2

Evolution Sets

Vehicles
*Millennium Falcon
*V-19 Clone Shuttle
*Homing Spider Droid

Exclusives

That list is the tip of a very big iceberg!!! Galactic Heroes, Battle Packs, Unleashed, Lightsabers, Legacy Wave 2 to add just a few more items to the pick!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-27-2008, 05:57 PM
That list is the tip of a very big iceberg!!! Galactic Heroes, Battle Packs, Unleashed, Lightsabers, Legacy Wave 2 to add just a few more items to the pick!
I just posted the 3 3/4" stuff that has been confirmed as coming out then. I'm thinking, due to the massive amount of product showing up online, there may be more then as well . . . so, don't get your hopes up, but bring a little more cash. :D

Darth Cruel
06-30-2008, 11:02 PM
For the first time in the entire Kenner/Hasbro Star Wars 3 3/4" figure history, there will be a figure that I will simply refuse to ever own. Yarna D'al Gargan. My absolute distatse of that character and Hasbro's spineless caving in making that figure has really soured me on it. And I am going to be hard-pressed to not shout from the mountaintops how stupid Hasbro was for making that figure if it becomes the pegwarmer that I am anticipating it to become. In fact, I expect it to be worse than POTF2 Lando Calrissian or Moff Jerjerrod from TSC that is STILL clogging the arteries that pump Star Wars figures like blood to the fans that are so much like the organs keeping the Star Wars toy lines alive.

Yeah! That's the analogy. Yarna D'al Gargan is the cholesterol that will be clogging the arteries of collecting.

WOW! So this is insanity...interesting.

obi-dad
06-30-2008, 11:15 PM
Hasbro's spineless caving in.

So, making figures and vehicles that fans want/demand is a bad thing? Hasbro should only make SW figures that 100% of the fans/collectors want?

Blue2th
06-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Yup, she's definitely not an army builder. Still, I have to have one. She's in Jabba's Palace along with all the other denizens.

Hasbro you would think will limit production of her, so the peg clogging doesn't get too bad.
She can't be any worse than Po Nudo though.

plasticfetish
07-01-2008, 01:38 AM
For the first time in the entire Kenner/Hasbro Star Wars 3 3/4" figure history, there will be a figure that I will simply refuse to ever own.Seriously? Out of all the genuinely lame figures that they've put out over the years, that is the only one you're not willing to buy?

sebillba
07-01-2008, 06:50 AM
I've never been a campaigner for Yarna, but I'll be glad to have her - she's a million times more exciting than Breha Organa - that's going to be the lamest figure ever.

obi-dad
07-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Simply because she is a Jabba's palace denizen makes her more interesting than many of the humans offered over the years, the lame figures with odd action features (l-o-lipop [sorry, can't spell that word without lol in it] Mace anyone?), bad sculpts (monkey face Leia?).... and on and on.

I plan on buying her on MM, not that I don't think she has a possibility to pegwarm, but because I want her. :love:

jedi master sal
07-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Simply because she is a Jabba's palace denizen makes her more interesting than many of the humans offered over the years, the lame figures with odd action features (lolipop Mace anyone?), bad sculpts (monkey face Leia?).... and on and on.

I plan on buying her on MM, not that I don't think she has a possibility to pegwarm, but because I want her. :love:

I hear ya bro. She's a much more interesting character. One of the few figures I'm picking up on 7/26. (though eventually I do plan on picking up most of the realistic wave. Just not in a rush for them)

Sinscia Fat'o
07-01-2008, 04:48 PM
I've never been a campaigner for Yarna, but I'll be glad to have her - she's a million times more exciting than Breha Organa - that's going to be the lamest figure ever.

I agree here for the most part about yarna i've never really wanted her but i will buy her. Though i'm stoked about Breha being made, though in reality their the same type of figure...i'm just not a chubby chaser!:twisted:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Just because I feel like it, here's a list of everything from the Legacy Collection and Clone Wars 3 3/4" lines that we've seen packaged so far. It is entirely possible that everything from this list will be released on July 26, but again, it is also possible that only the items from the first post in this thread will come out then. And keep note that these are only products that have been changed in some way other than packaging and/or pack-ins (there are several Saga Legends figures coming out soon, for instance, that are not on this list).

Basic figures - The Legacy Collection
1. Han Solo
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Chewbacca
4. Leektar & Nippet
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al’ Gargan
7. Bane Malar
8. Darth Vader
9. Obi-Wan Kenobi
10. Clone SCUBA Trooper
11. Saesee Tiin
12. Padmé Amidala
13. IG Lancer Droid
14. Mon Calamari Warrior
15. Quarren Soldier
16. Clone Trooper

Basic figures - The Legacy Collection: Saga Legends
*Super Battle Droid (with chest holes filled in)

Basic figures - The Clone Wars
1. Anakin Skywalker
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
3. Yoda
4. Captain Rex
5. Clone Trooper
6. General Grievous
7. Battle Droid
8. R2-D2

Comic Packs
1. Star Wars Republic #69 - Asajj Ventress and Tol Skorr
2. Star Wars Obsession #3 - Anakin Skywalker and Durge

Evolutions Sets
*The Fett Legacy (with Boba Fett's chest insignia)
*Rebel Pilot Legacy
*Imperial Pilot Legacy

Battle Packs
*Hoth Recon Patrol
*Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol
*Speeder Bike Recon
*Obi-Wan Kenobi & 212th Attack Battalion Clone Troopers
*Yoda & Coruscant Guard

Vehicles
*Millennium Falcon
*Homing Spider Droid
*V-19 Clone Fighter

Exclusives
*Disturbance in the Force (Comic-Con Exclusive)
*Clone Trooper (Senate Security) (Comic-Con/StarWarsShop.com Exclusive)
*Holographic General Grievous (Toys R Us Exclusive)
*Dagger Squadron B-wing Fighter (Toys R Us Exclusive)
*Green Leader’s A-wing Fighter (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
*Republic Gunship (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
*Darth Vader with Incinerator Troopers (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
*Emperor Palpatine with Shadow Stormtroopers (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

By my completely unscientific calculations, before tax, and without any older product you missed that you will get on this packaging, and without any extra army builders, all this will run you about $842. :sphinctertighten:

Mr Burns
07-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Just because I feel like it, here's a list of everything from the Legacy Collection and Clone Wars 3 3/4" lines that we've seen packaged so far. It is entirely possible that everything from this list will be released on July 26, but again, it is also possible that only the items from the first post in this thread will come out then. And keep note that these are only products that have been changed in some way other than packaging and/or pack-ins (there are several Saga Legends figures coming out soon, for instance, that are not on this list).

1. Han Solo
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Chewbacca
4. Leektar & Nippet
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al’ Gargan
7. Bane Malar
8. Darth Vader
9. Obi-Wan Kenobi
10. Clone SCUBA Trooper
11. Saesee Tiin
12. Padmé Amidala
13. IG Lancer Droid
14. Mon Calamari Warrior
15. Quarren Soldier
16. Clone Trooper

1. Anakin Skywalker
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
3. Yoda
4. Captain Rex
5. Clone Trooper
6. General Grievous
7. Battle Droid
8. R2-D2

Comic Packs

Evolutions Sets
*Rebel Pilot Legacy
*Imperial Pilot Legacy

Battle Packs
*Hoth Recon Patrol
*Speeder Bike Recon

Vehicles
*Millennium Falcon
*Homing Spider Droid
*V-19 Clone Fighter

Exclusives

By my completely unscientific calculations, before tax, and without any older product you missed that you will get on this packaging, and without any extra army builders, all this will run you about $842. :sphinctertighten:

Expect to see these....... and more on 26 July!!!:razz:

Maradona
07-02-2008, 08:35 PM

1. Han Solo
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Chewbacca
4. Leektar & Nippet
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al’ Gargan
7. Bane Malar
8. Darth Vader
9. Obi-Wan Kenobi
10. Clone SCUBA Trooper
11. Saesee Tiin
12. Padmé Amidala
13. IG Lancer Droid
14. Mon Calamari Warrior
15. Quarren Soldier
16. Clone Trooper

Basic figures - The Legacy Collection: Saga Legends
*Super Battle Droid (with chest holes filled in)

1. Anakin Skywalker
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
3. Yoda
4. Captain Rex
5. Clone Trooper
6. General Grievous
7. Battle Droid
8. R2-D2

Comic Packs

Evolutions Sets
*Rebel Pilot Legacy
*Imperial Pilot Legacy

Battle Packs
*Hoth Recon Patrol
*Speeder Bike Recon
*Obi-Wan Kenobi & 212th Attack Battalion Clone Troopers
*Yoda & Coruscant Guard

Vehicles
*Millennium Falcon
*Homing Spider Droid
*V-19 Clone Fighter

Exclusives

That's so much! I live in California, so add roughly $65 for tax and that's what my bill should come out to. Assuming I find all of these and DON'T buy any more armies...

jedi master sal
07-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Okay, I'm going to have to change my list so here goes:

Basic figures - The Legacy Collection all X1
1. Han Solo This will be easy to find later, not needed to get on the first day.
2. Luke Skywalker This will be easy to find later, not needed to get on the first day.
3. Chewbacca This will be easy to find later, not needed to get on the first day.
4. Leektar & Nippet
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al’ Gargan
7. Bane Malar
8. Darth Vader This will be easy to find later, not needed to get on the first day.

and if this wave is also out:
9. Obi-Wan Kenobi X1
10. Clone SCUBA Trooper X5
11. Saesee Tiin X1
12. Padmé Amidala X1
13. IG Lancer Droid X3-5
14. Mon Calamari Warrior X5
15. Quarren Soldier X5
16. Clone Trooper (quadlaser gunner) X1

Comic Packs
1. Star Wars Republic #69 - Asajj Ventress and Tol Skorr X1
2. Star Wars Obsession #3 - Anakin Skywalker and Durge X1

Evolutions Sets X1 each
*Rebel Pilot Legacy
*Imperial Pilot Legacy

Battle Packs
*Hoth Recon Patrol X1
*Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol X2

Vehicles
*AT-TE (All Terrain Tactical Enforcer) X1 (to start then 1 more later and maybe a third after that)
*Millennium Falcon X1 (for sure, this is the must have for me)
*Homing Spider Droid X2 (though I'll prolly get 2 more at a later date)
*V-19 Clone Fighter X1(might get one more, depends on if I like this vehicle or not)

Exclusives
*Disturbance in the Force (Comic-Con Exclusive) X1 (though I don't know if I'll be getting it the first day or not, depends on availability)
*Dagger Squadron B-wing Fighter (Toys R Us Exclusive) If it's out that day
*Darth Vader with Incinerator Troopers (Wal-Mart Exclusive) if it's out that day (prolly not as it's a TFU product, not CW.
*Emperor Palpatine with Shadow Stormtroopers (Wal-Mart Exclusive) if it's out that day (prolly not as it's a TFU product, not CW.

So if all of this is out on that day, then it's now $850 (including tax) that I'll be buying that day.

I suspect wave two Legacy won't be out this day, nor the WM packs. If that's the case then the cost will only be $546. I'm covered on the lower amount and only need to save another $125 or so for the higher amount, which will be easy to do between the two paychecks between now and the 26th.

Thank goodness for my tax refund and the tax rebate. Had I not had to get a set of tires for my truck, I'd have had all the funds needed right now. I'm just glad this time I seriously planned for this as none of it is going on to credit cards.

obi-dad
07-03-2008, 01:03 PM
Okay, I'm going to have to change my list so here goes:

Basic figures - The Legacy Collection all X1
1. Han Solo This will be easy to find later, not needed to get on the first day.
2. Luke Skywalker This will be easy to find later, not needed to get on the first day.
3. Chewbacca This will be easy to find later, not needed to get on the first day.
4. Leektar & Nippet
5. Ak-Rev
6. Yarna d’al’ Gargan
7. Bane Malar
8. Darth Vader This will be easy to find later, not needed to get on the first day.

JMS pretty much summed up my first day choices right here. Although I won't be getting the animated figures, comic packs, other vehicles besides BMF & A-wing, Hoth Recon Patrol BP, Imperial Pilot Evolutions set,... SO... my expenses won't be as much as JMS's, so I have no problem buying all that I want (that I find), but definitely, Luke, Han & Chewie will be on the lowest levels of my priorities. I may even buy more than one of the ewoks. Regardless, unless I can't find it, then I'm getting the Falcon first thing and then the OT single carded figs, as I find them. I really not that excited about Bane Malar, either, nor understand the exitement for a boring huminoid figure with a helmet. There are so many other Jabba's Palace aliens that could have taken that slot.

jedi master sal
07-03-2008, 07:16 PM
JMS pretty much summed up my first day choices right here. Although I won't be getting the animated figures, comic packs, other vehicles besides BMF & A-wing, Hoth Recon Patrol BP, Imperial Pilot Evolutions set,... SO... my expenses won't be as much as JMS's, so I have no problem buying all that I want (that I find), but definitely, Luke, Han & Chewie will be on the lowest levels of my priorities. I may even buy more than one of the ewoks. Regardless, unless I can't find it, then I'm getting the Falcon first thing and then the OT single carded figs, as I find them. I really not that excited about Bane Malar, either, nor understand the exitement for a boring huminoid figure with a helmet. There are so many other Jabba's Palace aliens that could have taken that slot.

Oh I concur about bane Malar. I've just got this feeling though that he along with Yarna, at least initially are going to be HTF. I'm not sure of the case breakdown, but if it holds true, then the heroes will be aplenty.

I like obi-dad will also prolly get additional Ewoks. They're great for customizing just with paint apps.Switch a headdress (along with the paint) and it's a completely different Ewok!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-03-2008, 08:50 PM
I won't be waiting too long to get the basic figures so I can get them with their original droid parts and not have to worry about them being repacked with different ones if I see them a few weeks later. But, I don't think they'll be hard to find anyway.

jedimastergeorge06
07-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Does any one know how much the target exclusive commander fox will be?
And will he be out on the 26th?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-05-2008, 07:35 PM
According to jedidefender.com, someone found this recently. My guess is it will be out "officially" on July 26 but I don't know how much it will be . . . it'll likely be similar to how they handled the lava Vader last time, but I honestly can't remember how that was.

jedi master sal
07-07-2008, 11:06 AM

$12.99 and yes, he's supposed to be out then.

I'm passing. It's animated and I'm not collecting those style figures.

jonthejedi
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Can anyone PM me with the Target DPCI #'s for Legacy figures, CW animated figures & AT-TE. Thanks in advance!

jjreason
07-08-2008, 04:07 PM
I have it from a good source (who's seen them first person) that there will be some new Legends repacks on the Stormtrooper card along with the new figs. My source has seen a Mace Windu and C3PO in the Endor throne on the new cards with a little box (I'm assuming similar to the Indy figures) which says "INCLUDES CLONE GEAR!". Anyone heard of this until now???

jamesbondo07
07-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Can anyone PM me with the Target DPCI #'s for Legacy figures, CW animated figures & AT-TE. Thanks in advance!

can anyone pm me these too????

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I have it from a good source (who's seen them first person) that there will be some new Legends repacks on the Stormtrooper card along with the new figs. My source has seen a Mace Windu and C3PO in the Endor throne on the new cards with a little box (I'm assuming similar to the Indy figures) which says "INCLUDES CLONE GEAR!". Anyone heard of this until now???
The Saga Legends figures will have the clone weapons lockers and are supposedly reissues of realistic-style figures of characters that have to do with the Clone Wars (Anakin, Obi-Wan, Clones, etc.). I'm betting that C-3PO will be in the Greatest Hits line, which I think will ship in the same case as the regular new Legacy Collection figures and have droid parts that you'll end up throwing in a drawer anyway since they're copies of the parts that come with the regular, new basic figures. So this fall there are going to be two sublines that feature repacked figures, along with the all-new Legacy Collection figures and animated-style Clone Wars figures.

It's not new information, but it is certainly kind of confusing. :D

Back to the list . . . there's the Wal-Mart exclusive Clone Trooper (501st Legion) and Target exclusive Commander Fox. Someone on RS found a bunch of new Evolutions sets, including Rebel Pilots (Series II) that wasn't on the list earlier, basically confirming that there will be four new Evolutions sets that day in addition to the Boba redeco and the repackages of the other ones . . .

JetsAndHeels
07-09-2008, 05:11 PM
So the only change being made to the Fett Legacy set is the insignia on Boba's chest? If so, I can live with mine the way it is. No need to spend the extra 20 bucks.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-09-2008, 05:14 PM
So the only change being made to the Fett Legacy set is the insignia on Boba's chest? If so, I can live with mine the way it is. No need to spend the extra 20 bucks.
I got one but thankfully didn't open it before I heard that the change was coming, so that's $20 more I'll be spending soon. :D

JetsAndHeels
07-09-2008, 05:16 PM
I got one but thankfully didn't open it before I heard that the change was coming, so that's $20 more I'll be spending soon. :D

Mr. Fett is my favorite character, but essentially I would be paying 20 bucks for that insignia. I think I will put that 20 towards my BMF or other figures.

Blue2th
07-09-2008, 05:52 PM
What? you don't want to sit on your "non-insignia" Boba Fett, then in a couple of years sell him for a tidy profit, like the old Boba Fett "half circle" "no circle" error-variations? :squareeye

JetsAndHeels
07-09-2008, 07:29 PM
What? you don't want to sit on your "non-insignia" Boba Fett, then in a couple of years sell him for a tidy profit, like the old Boba Fett "half circle" "no circle" error-variations? :squareeye

LoL, nah man...I outgrew my completist ways a few years ago. :)

El Chuxter
07-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Yarna D'al Gargan. My absolute distatse of that character....
Uh, dude, you do know she has three pairs of hooters, right?

Mvader91
07-12-2008, 02:45 AM
At the fishers Walmart, they had cases of new Legacy collection vehicles. Obi starfighter, torrent starfighter,spider droid, At-Tp ,V-wing. Were all in case,however he said he did not have room for them. There were 7/26 release stamps as usual. Pretty much same old deal. Packaging looks ok.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-12-2008, 02:18 PM
As posted on SSG's main page:

"We have created two files to help folks at home anticipate and plan for our big Star Wars 7/26 launch. These files will be available for download at starwars.hasbro.com next Wednesday 7/16. They are:

1. The "Hasbro Clone Wars Handbook" details almost everything that will be available 7/26 and over the course of the Fall for Clone Wars, with images of all basic figures, vehicles, exclusives, and more.

2. As the Handbook focuses on Clone Wars, and does not have actual anticipated on-shelf dates breakdowns of figures by wave, we have crafted a second companion spreasheet titled the "Hasbro Star Wars Fall 2008 Release Guide". This Excel spreadsheet details The Clone Wars and The Legacy Collection information, along with availability dates and wave breakdowns, so all collectors will know what to focus on and when.

Please spread the word that these will be available 7/16 for download at starwars.hasbro.com. Thanks!"
That will be a huge help. Too bad I don't have Excel. :p

jedimastergeorge06
07-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Does any one know if both versions of the evolutions rebel pilots will be out at mm or that day?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Does any one know if both versions of the evolutions rebel pilots will be out at mm or that day?
They should both be out as both have been found already.

JediTricks
07-14-2008, 10:23 PM
As posted on SSG's main page:

That will be a huge help. Too bad I don't have Excel. :p
www.OpenOffice.org
or web-based
www.google.com/docs

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2008, 10:26 PM
www.OpenOffice.org
or web-based
www.google.com/docs