PDA

View Full Version : Lego Indiana Jones

DarkArtist
06-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Picked up the game on Tuesday and I have to say the game unlike Lego Star Wars is hard. I mean I haven't played it very much yet, but I'm already stuck on 3 of the levels. might have to get the guide to see what it is that I'm missing.

otherwise so far it is a great game and funny.

figrin bran
06-10-2008, 12:03 AM
I just completed the Fertility Idol level and did very poorly at it.

General_Grievous
06-11-2008, 01:51 PM
I picked this up a few days ago. I got through all three movies, and now I'm going back in Free Play mode. It is a lot more difficult than Lego Star Wars, but it's not impossible. The only thing I'm having trouble with is obtaining the last treasure chest on the "Free the Slaves" level in Temple of Doom.

DarthQuack
06-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I still need to pick this up...

Tycho
03-19-2009, 01:39 PM
I rented this from BlockBuster and I must say it is totally fun like Lego Star Wars!

I'll be buying this one. Maybe I shouldn't try and complete even Raiders of the Lost Ark so that I have almost everything left to do when I own this game for myself.

There is a rumor that a Lego Indy II is coming out. I wonder if I should wait and get a 4-pack with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull included?

I probably won't be able to wait though. This game is THAT good!

preacher
03-19-2009, 02:42 PM
When this was first announced I was on board, but then the initial reviews during its first week in release had me doubtful.

I still havn't played this yet. But I've heard that the ensemble' of characters is not as good as Star Wars. I liked the fact that there were so many characters to collect in the Star Wars game and for the Indiana Jones people have said that only good character to play is Indy.

Have you found this to be the case?

Tycho
03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
The other characters, like Sapato (spelling) can use a shovel and dig up stuff.

Marion can jump really high. I haven't really unlocked many characters yet.

I rented the game mainly to see if I want to buy it (I definitely do! It is FUN!)

So I don't want to play it all while I have it rented. I want to rather enjoy owning it. But then I might be waiting to buy the game for a while as there are rumors (that I read here - I think by JabbaJohnL) that there will be a Lego Indy II - that can only mean Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is being added. If so, there might be a better bundle of all 4 movies in one game.

I also rented Tiger Woods' golf and a baseball game, so I need to play those too a bit.

I'll probably buy Tiger's game. I haven't tried baseball yet. (this is for the Wii)

Mvader91
03-20-2009, 02:12 PM
:thumbsup:
When this was first announced I was on board, but then the initial reviews during its first week in release had me doubtful.

I still havn't played this yet. But I've heard that the ensemble' of characters is not as good as Star Wars. I liked the fact that there were so many characters to collect in the Star Wars game and for the Indiana Jones people have said that only good character to play is Indy.

Have you found this to be the case?
:laugh:There are actually five hidden star wars characters in the game. I've found chewie and 3po so far! the game is awesome.

Tycho
04-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Luke is hanging upside down freezing in Nepal. You need to Free Play "Into the Mountains" with Willie Scott - and when she screams - the ice will shatter and free Luke.

Meanwhile I played Temple of Doom and now half of Last Crusade today.

I'm really loving this game!!! LEGO games are awesome!

Ji'dai
05-31-2009, 12:06 PM
TheRaider.net reports that a sequel to the first LEGO Indiana Jones game is due to be released this fall. Check out the full story and cover art over on their site (http://www.theraider.net/news/fullstory_games.php?id=1085).

Tycho
05-31-2009, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the news. At first thought, I won't be in the market for this as much as I love the original (and I do LOVE it)!

But I don't want to develop my own levels and such, just probably playing Crystal Skull interests me. I really want to swing with the monkeys!

Rocketboy
05-31-2009, 02:21 PM
My Target has Lego Indy on PS2 clearanced for $10, so keep an eye out if you want one.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the link and info! I got Lego indy with my 360 and I really love it. I'm tempted to get this game eventually as i'm curious about the "new" levels for the first three films. I knew this would happen though, a re release with KOTCS and i'm glad I just got LEgo indy for free with my unit rather than buying it.

Ji'dai
06-07-2009, 07:45 PM
My Target has Lego Indy on PS2 clearanced for $10, so keep an eye out if you want one. I picked up a copy of it for PS3 at Walmart for $20 over the weekend.

Ji'dai
06-16-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm tempted to get this game eventually as i'm curious about the "new" levels for the first three films. I knew this would happen though, a re release with KOTCS and i'm glad I just got LEgo indy for free with my unit rather than buying it. According to the LucasArts press release, the new game will be a complete retelling of the first three movies plus include KotCS. Apparently the free play mode will differ from the story mode as well. Even a Gamespot article (http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6211063/lego-indiana-jones-2-the-adventure-continues-impressions-co-op-new-movie-content-and-level-editor) reports "that none of the content in Lego Indy 2 will be recycled from the previous game; it'll be all-new, 100% fresh content".

So if the game is completely new, I may get it when it's first released instead of waiting to get it on clearance.

---

I just bought the first game recently and finally beat the Raiders levels yesterday (with a 17.5% completion rating lol). I started the ToD story last night. It's fun playing as Short Round! He can get into all those crawl spaces I've had to pass by in other levels.

Tycho
06-16-2009, 12:30 PM
I will echo J'dai's sentiment. IF the game is completely new, I'm down for buying it, too.

The Lego Adventure games are way too much fun. They get my highest recommendation.

I've been watching the price of Lego Batman myself.

I think they could do another Lego Star Wars as well - for Clone Wars. Although again, no repeats of the old Complete Saga game. It should either be all new PT/OT or just Clone Wars. They could make it all EU though:

SOTE with Clone Wars for example. The Thrawn Trilogy or Yuuzhan Vong War in Lego fashion, not to mention Tales of the Jedi (Ulic Qel Droma, Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider) would be incredible!!! Also add Rogue Squadron!

Ji'dai
06-16-2009, 03:21 PM
This is the link for the LucasArts press release (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/legoindianajones2/gameinfo/news/summary.html). I meant to add it to my previous post.

Now that I have a PS3 of my own I can really sit down and enjoy my LEGO SW Complete Adventures. I beat the first level of Episode I so I could unlock the OT chapters and played a little of ANH. Really fun game! I may have to pick up LEGO Batman too when it goes on clearance.

I'd totally dig a Tales of the Jedi LEGO game. Unfortunately those stories are way too old to ever see development as a game. I doubt kids even know what the Thrawn Trilogy or SOTE was.

A Clone Wars game based on the new animated series would be more likely. Makes me wonder why there isn't a game in development for it. Were they just not sure how well the movie or first season would do? But they could add Tales of Jedi or SOTE as bonus levels to a CW game, piggyback the old stuff on the current popular vehicle.

Ji'dai
08-18-2009, 10:59 AM
I finally beat the LEGO Indiana Jones game. I got 100% after buying all the parcels. It rains treasure and hearts in the college when you get 100% on the PS/3 version. Then I went back and replayed some levels with the Treasure multipliers on until I racked up 4 billion treasure points, the most you can get. Looking forward to the second version now.

I haven't played much of Complete Star Wars yet. I beat the first level of TPM and the first two of ANH. So I still have much to do there.

And I've noticed that LEGO Batman has fallen in price too - I'm seeing it under $20 at most retailers now.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I'm nearing 100% completion myself. I need "fortune and glory" and "You cheat very big!" which will happen only at the end of the game.

I'm having trouble with Willie Scott scream achievement. Do you have to use both scream AND super scream? I've been super screaming enemies for about an hour and still didn't get it. I also need to disarm enemies, which i just use the whip and sometimes I get the weapon, other times I take out their legs, etc. And lastly, I need to access restricted areas 50 times. Does this only work when Indy or a good character is wearing a hat or can I use the actual germans in the game?

thanks!

DarthQuack
08-22-2009, 06:53 PM
I definitely want to pick up this and LEGO Batman.

Ji'dai
08-23-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm nearing 100% completion myself. I need "fortune and glory" and "You cheat very big!" which will happen only at the end of the game.

I'm having trouble with Willie Scott scream achievement. Do you have to use both scream AND super scream? I've been super screaming enemies for about an hour and still didn't get it. I also need to disarm enemies, which i just use the whip and sometimes I get the weapon, other times I take out their legs, etc. And lastly, I need to access restricted areas 50 times. Does this only work when Indy or a good character is wearing a hat or can I use the actual germans in the game?

thanks! I think the achievements are an XBOX only thing. The PS3 version, which is what I own, doesn't have 'em. Not sure about the Wii version.

If you use the whip on a female comrade it'll slingshot her into Indy arm's for a kiss. I've never really used the whip to disarm enemies. Usually you can pick up an enemy's weapon after he died.

To access the restricted areas in the PS3 version you have to wear the right hat or you can use a German soldier if that character is unlocked.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Ah, I see. The 360 version lets you disarm enemies and you can buy a parcel that lets you stand more of a shot (rather than pull them towards you or yanking their feet out from under them).

I did finish the 360 version a bit ago to 100% completion!! I had to do the Disarm 150 enemies achievement and enterting restricted german areas 50 times. I basically just played "opening the ark" several times while using the treasure multipliers, just to get some more treasure. After that, I had to rack up more treasure to buy the remaining two parcels, so I used all of my multipliers (which I think was the amount X 64) and after I finished the "Opening the ark" level again, I had something like 11 million points, so I was able to buy the last two and complete the game to 100%. The studs thing happened and I collected about 166 million and then saved it and turned it off.

Very excited about the second one too, just like Ji'dai! :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
08-23-2009, 08:59 PM
In the PS3 version, there are several treasure multipliers - Treasure x2, Treasure x4, x6, and so on up to x10. I thought you could only turn one at a time. After I beat the game and was trying to rack up enough treasure to buy the remaining parcels I discovered that they could ALL be turned on at the same time, or every piece of treasure you pick up is multiplied by 3,840! It made it a lot easier to rack up 4 billion treasure after that.

This site has the cover or poster art (http://indyville.fi/kuvat/pelikannet/lego2_adventure_continues_rp2_tays.jpg) for the upcoming sequel.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Anybody pick up the sequel Lego indy game? It any good?

I just beat "Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb" today. I bought it for the x-box months ago and finally got around to it. Excellent game!!! really enjoyed it! I just wish we'd get a regular, non-Lego indy game on the next gen systems already!

DarkJedi5
11-28-2010, 03:46 PM
I bought it cause the wife loves to play the Lego games but it got pushed to the back burner when Harry Potter came out and we haven't finished it. They totally reworked the game play dynamics and it's not as straightforward as the previous Lego games. They seem to have abandoned a lot of the formatting because subsequent Lego games have been more like the Star Wars games (though Harry Potter does use some of the new facets in it's hub structure).

Anyway, it's an unfair assessment since I never finished the game, but it's probably the least fun Lego game I've purchased (and I've played them all except for the Rock Band one).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-28-2010, 06:25 PM
I bought it cause the wife loves to play the Lego games but it got pushed to the back burner when Harry Potter came out and we haven't finished it. They totally reworked the game play dynamics and it's not as straightforward as the previous Lego games. They seem to have abandoned a lot of the formatting because subsequent Lego games have been more like the Star Wars games (though Harry Potter does use some of the new facets in it's hub structure).

Anyway, it's an unfair assessment since I never finished the game, but it's probably the least fun Lego game I've purchased (and I've played them all except for the Rock Band one).

Ah, that's a shame. I've heard mixed/negative things about it, but I wanted to get other opinions too. I'm a fan of the Lego games, so I was hoping this would be more of the same, but I guess it isn't.

I bought Lego HP too and am planning on playing it once I beat SW:TFU (I'm trying to beat old games before moving on to new ones).

DarkArtist
12-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I got it for Christmas last year and loved it, it was harder I think then the first game... haven't played it in a while since I got the PS3 and my dogs decided to make a meal out of my Wii Sensor bar so I haven't had the Wii up and running since the summer..

just got a wireless Wii sensor bar so hopefully I'll be playing it this weekend.

Tycho
12-01-2010, 04:15 PM
just got a wireless Wii sensor bar so hopefully I'll be playing it this weekend.

I got senseless at a bar and then played with my Wii.

I didn't just post that, did I?

InsaneJediGirl
12-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Lego Indy is okay, I enjoyed Lego Star Wars and Batman more. Lego Indy just gets very tedious in my opinion.