PDA

View Full Version : SW: Legacy Collection - Wave 3 & 4!!

Beast
06-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm shocked noone has reposted this info as of yet. Rebelscum and POTF2 have the lists of the contents of the upcoming Legacy Collection - Wave 3 and 4. I have to say that Wave 4, the A New Hope wave, looks pretty interesting. Looks like we'll finally be getting the much requested Brainiac, Wioslea, Trinto Duaba, and Dice Ibegon to further fill out the Cantina. Take the following info with a pinch of salt of course, just in case it changes.

Wave 3: Revenge of the Sith Basic Figures
Bail Organa
Breha Organa
Clone Commander Faie
Emperor Palpatine
Felucia Clone Trooper
FX-6
General Grevious
Stass Allie

Wave 4: A New Hope Basic Figures
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
Brainiac (Cantina Patron)
Trinto Duaba with Dice Ibegon (Cantina Patrons)
Han Solo (Stormtrooper disguise)
Jawa & WED-15 Droid
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper disguise)
Spacetrooper
Wioslea

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_Rumor_List_For_The_Legacy_Collection_115275.as p
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Latest_New_Rumor_List_Update_115307.asp

TheRealDubya
06-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Wave 4 sounds perfect. Can't wait to see the new Ben Kenobi...hoping to finally retire the VOTC one.

sebillba
06-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Another year with no Bom Vimdin, this is really disappointing.:upset:

El Chuxter
06-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Wave 4 sounds pretty close to perfect. Not sure if I need or want another Ben Kenobi, but I'll probably get it if it's a dramatic improvement.

Wave 3 is less stellar. Breha's a must, and FX-6 might be worth getting maybe. Grievous as well, on the off-chance he's actually the right size, for a change. Oh, and if that's the brown-suited Palpatine, maybe. The rest, <fartnoise>:rolleyes:</fartnoise>.

Battle Droid
06-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Hasbro said Grievous would be correct size the next time they make a new movie one, so they better keep to their word.

DarkJedi5
06-12-2008, 09:03 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. The first rumor list had some pretty far fetched items on it. ComiCon can't come soon enough....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-12-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm shocked noone has reposted this info as of yet.
That's because it's just rumors. :p

The ROTS list is the same as the one posted a few weeks ago, but thankfully, Agen Kolar has been replaced by Emperor Palpatine (which was previously confimed by Hasbro and will hopefully be the senate duel one). I'm really looking forward to Grievous and the rest will be good too.

Luke, Han, and Obi-Wan were also confirmed. Brainiac and Trinto Duaba are really odd choices, but it'll be great to have Dice Ibegon and Wioslea, both of whom I've really wanted for a long time. I wonder if the spacetrooper will be based off of the picture from the Making of Star Wars book?

Kidhuman
06-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Wave 4 sounds pretty close to perfect. Not sure if I need or want another Ben Kenobi, but I'll probably get it if it's a dramatic improvement.

Wave 3 is less stellar. Breha's a must, and FX-6 might be worth getting maybe. Grievous as well, on the off-chance he's actually the right size, for a change. Oh, and if that's the brown-suited Palpatine, maybe. The rest, <fartnoise></fartnoise>.

Agreed with EC I am.

Beast
06-13-2008, 12:24 AM
That's because it's just rumors. :p
Yes... rumors. From the same folks who have been 90% correct or better.

Droid
06-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Yes, it seems these folks always are correct and I suspect Hasbro leaks them information so they can be the first to report, since their staff person is the Fan Club President, or whatever that farce was.

I would be thrilled with Breha Organa. I actually hope that the Emperor is from the speech announcing the formation of the Empire. I think that if it was the Senate Duel figure they would call it Darth Sidious.

I hope the Kenobi is the first ever ANH Ben with jointed knees so he can sit in the cantina, if he had a booth. Getting three cantina characters would be awesome. I do wish they would have made Bom, but I really think that they'll get him in the next year or two. I hope Dice Ibegon is a fully developed figure and not some cheap plastic accessory. I'm thrilled about the WED droid and would be very interested to see how Wioslea is developed. It should be huge.

Blue2th
06-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Hopefully that's a correct size Grievous.

It would be cool to finally get a Spacetrooper. I remember him being in the SSG Q&A "will we ever see him made" like forever, and I kept voting for that question. Don't know if it was ever asked or answered.

dindae
06-13-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm glad we are getting Palpatine instead of Agen Kolar. And the ANH is great although I don't know if I will buy the Luke, Han, or Ben.

Beast
06-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Hopefully that's a correct size Grievous.

It would be cool to finally get a Spacetrooper. I remember him being in the SSG Q&A "will we ever see him made" like forever, and I kept voting for that question. Don't know if it was ever asked or answered.
Yeah. Even though I quit collecting Star Wars... I'll have to get that SpaceTrooper. :)

He's one of the long held Holy Grail figures that I had back in the day.

Devo
06-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah. Even though I quit collecting Star Wars... I'll have to get that SpaceTrooper. :)

He's one of the long held Holy Grail figures that I had back in the day.

If I ever quit collecting Star wars I doubt I'll be coming to these sites anymore - the temptation would be too much, knowing what new figures were being made and had been made since I stopped. Thats not a hint for you to go away, just I find it curious :D

I'll be eating up that ANH wave. Really happy about trinto duaba - it wasn't a name I was familiar with but when I saw his picture it was a cantina patron I always noticed in the film tucked away in the back, looking sinister under his hood. Dice Ibegon is another of the really distinctive patrons off the list. Brainiac doesn't particularly excite me but better for Hasbro to mix well recognised cantina aliens with less recognised ones. And Wioslea will be great for our mos eisley streets. I've been looking forward to the WED droid for a few years now because it can be used in echo and yavin base, and the cloud city junkpile - not just purchase of the droids.

Banthaholic
06-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Well if there are going to be three more Cantina aliens to serve, we just might need another Cantina bartender.<cough> Ackmena <cough>

Though as I watched the Cantina scene for the umpteenth time today, I had to wonder why is the best place to find a pilot a bar. Does no one in the galaxy care about drinking and flying? Especially with the delacacy of the hyperspace coordinates... If Bo Shek didn't point out Chewie they could easily have been taking the hidden death star plans on flight with a drunk Feltipern Trevagg. In his inebriated state he would have missed Alderaan altogether and headed off for some Rancor fights on Nar Shaddaa. Thus changing the whole fabric of the galaxy. I just don't know if a bar is the best place to find your ride.

Beast
06-13-2008, 11:07 PM
It's is Tatooine. It seems like the only thing to do on the planet is drink. ;)

Tycho
06-14-2008, 04:20 AM
I'm sure the Sandtroopers set up sobriety checkpoints.

Cane_Adiss
06-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Wow, I'm really stoked for whats coming next year! Dice Ibegon! Wioslea! Trinto Duaba! Brainiac! Ugnauts! 2-1B! Probe Droid! Geez this is almost too much. I really hope it's all true, esp. wave 4. The ROTS wave would've been more exciting if they had some aliens, such as the Mon Calamari Dancer, Veedaaz Awmetth, Eeusu Estornii, or an Utai.

General_Grievous
06-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Yet another rumor list from Rebelscum. This is an ESB wave.

The Empire Strikes Back Basic Figures

2-1B (Medical Droid)
Bespin Security Guard
Captain Needa
Imperial Probe Droid
Luke Skywalker (Dagobah)
Luke Skywalker (Medical Frigate)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Spirit)
Princess Leia (Medical Frigate)
Rebel Hoth Soldier
Toryn Farr
Ugnaughts (2-Pack?)
Willrow Hood (the infamous Ice Cream Maker Guy)

Frankly, if this is true, then this could be one of the best waves yet. It's pretty much all fan-requested characters.

Except for 2-1B. If there's one character we don't need another figure of, it's 2-1B.

:p

Beast
06-14-2008, 01:42 PM
A 12 figure wave? I have a feeling they'll drop some of those.

But if they make Medical Frigate Luke and Leia that's very cool. :)

General_Grievous
06-14-2008, 02:31 PM
My guess is they'll split it in two.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Read the fine print, boys:

Unlike previous reports, this is not meant to be a specific wave of figures. From what I'm told, this is a list of characters that are on tap for 2009, possibly even into 2010!

I have a hard time believing they're trotting out another Deuce and Probe Droid so soon after the ROTS one and the probot in the upcoming Hoth Battle Pack. I wonder if the Obi-Wan will be more like Anakin? I don't really think he needs to be redone (unless he has a hood); same with Dagobah Luke, though they could use more articulation I guess. The others should/will be cool.

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2008, 03:09 PM
I like the looks of that wave 4. I never did send in for that Han in the stormtrooper disguise, so I will definately get that, and probably more from that wave.

Kidhuman
06-14-2008, 05:15 PM
A 12 figure wave? I have a feeling they'll drop some of those.

But if they make Medical Frigate Luke and Leia that's very cool. :)

Exactly. 12 figures to a wave????? No freakin way. Wave 5 last year was absurd to fine all 9 figures, no way 12 will work

Devo
06-14-2008, 11:44 PM
I wonder if the Obi-Wan will be more like Anakin? I don't really think he needs to be redone (unless he has a hood)

I bet there doing him as a soft-goods spirit figure like that brutal Jedi spirit Haydakin from 30th anniversary collection.

Veers
06-16-2008, 12:00 AM
This is some interesting news! I cant wait for that Han Solo Stormtrooper figure to come out. It is about time they make him on a card. I wonder if the Kellogs Han Solo Stormtrooper figure would be used?

bigbarada
06-16-2008, 12:01 AM
This is some interesting news! I cant wait for that Han Solo Stormtrooper figure to come out. It is about time they make him on a card. I wonder if the Kellogs Han Solo Stormtrooper figure would be used?

Probably not, since Hasbro wants to "preserve the collectability" of that figure. lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-16-2008, 12:27 AM
And they're also not too keen on trotting out 13-year-old figures again. Repaints and repacks, sure, but at some point it gets ridiculous. :D

obi-dad
06-19-2008, 08:19 AM
Almost everyone replying seems just as excited as if they saw the pictures at ToyFair. These are rumor lists and as excited as I'll be if 3/4th of these lists were true, I'd be REALLY surprised if even 1/2 of the lists are true. Too much collector figures in these lists. 3 years spread over these figures will be.

Beast
06-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Almost everyone replying seems just as excited as if they saw the pictures at ToyFair. These are rumor lists and as excited as I'll be if 3/4th of these lists were true, I'd be REALLY surprised if even 1/2 of the lists are true. Too much collector figures in these lists. 3 years spread over these figures will be.
In the Empire Strikes Back list, yes... those will be spread out.

But Rebelscum has some pretty close ties with Hasbro, and gets a lot of scoops.

Their lists have been more or less 90-95% accurate.

mabudonicus
06-19-2008, 12:15 PM
If there's one character we don't need another figure of, it's 2-1B.

ohhhh you did NOT just post that!!!!

I got a vintage deuce in the mail yesterday and it made me sad to think there'd never be another one to collect. I hope they make an SA version of the ESB one
:beard: Iso&Baws

I hope Hasbro doesn't read that blasphemous post

obi-dad
06-19-2008, 12:44 PM
In the Empire Strikes Back list, yes... those will be spread out.

But Rebelscum has some pretty close ties with Hasbro, and gets a lot of scoops.

Their lists have been more or less 90-95% accurate.

I hope so... that would be very cool, but I'm going to pull the "I'll believe it when I see it" card until Hasbro confirms or pictures come out.

obi-dad
06-19-2008, 12:46 PM
ohhhh you did NOT just post that!!!!

I got a vintage deuce in the mail yesterday and it made me sad to think there'd never be another one to collect. I hope they make an SA version of the ESB one
:beard: Iso&Baws

I hope Hasbro doesn't read that blasphemous post

I was hoping to see someone reply with some love for 2-1B. The ESB one definitely needs an update.

DarthQuack
06-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Except for 2-1B. If there's one character we don't need another figure of, it's 2-1B.

:p

Who's Two One Bee?

Sinscia Fat'o
06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Awesome lists. I really want the ANH Obi and ALL the ESB list. Even though 12 is a very large number for a wave...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Awesome lists. I really want the ANH Obi and ALL the ESB list. Even though 12 is a very large number for a wave...
Does nobody know how to read, or are you all just ignoring me? :p The ESB figures are NOT one single wave, they're "on tap" for the next few years.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Double post . . . eat it!

Since this thread seems to have become the "rumor" thread, here's another one from RS:

TIE Fighter Pilot
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Saurin
Imperial Commander
Han Solo (Ceremony)
C-3P0
Danz Borin
Dr. Evazan
Wedge Antilles
Walrus Man (Ponda Baba)
Death Star Droid
Death Squad Commander
Bith Musician

And again, like the ESB list, it's figures that are "on tap" for the next few years, not a specific wave. I kind of have to doubt its validity, though, as they said they wouldn't be doing a new RA-7 any time soon. But hell, they might do it in the inaccurate silver of the vintage version. It seems like these lists are a lot of "what do fans want, what needs an update" sort of thing more than an actual concrete list of figures . . . but who knows.

jedi master sal
06-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Double post . . . eat it!

Since this thread seems to have become the "rumor" thread, here's another one from RS:

TIE Fighter Pilot
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Saurin
Imperial Commander
Han Solo (Ceremony)
C-3P0
Danz Borin
Dr. Evazan
Wedge Antilles
Walrus Man (Ponda Baba)
Death Star Droid
Death Squad Commander
Bith Musician

And again, like the ESB list, it's figures that are "on tap" for the next few years, not a specific wave. I kind of have to doubt its validity, though, as they said they wouldn't be doing a new RA-7 any time soon. But hell, they might do it in the inaccurate silver of the vintage version. It seems like these lists are a lot of "what do fans want, what needs an update" sort of thing more than an actual concrete list of figures . . . but who knows.

I agree with you Mr JJL. I think it's possible that this is Hasbro's way of working with a site to gauge fan interest, then drawing from that to make figures.

Anyway, here's my take on this list:
TIE Fighter Pilot - meh, if I'm not buying TIE to pilot them, I don't need extras. I already have enough from previous releases. Hasbro, bring DOWN the price of the large winged TIE and I'll get those.
Rebel Fleet Trooper - Besides Jesse, I for one will be happy to have an updated version of this. Though for me, these still aren't a big priority
Saurin - About time. This is one of my highly desired Cantina Aliens
Imperial Commander - If it's SA hell yeah. Let's hope for a few head swap running changes.
Han Solo (Ceremony) - meh, PASS
C-3P0 - meh, PASS
Danz Borin - WHO?? Oh okay having looked him up, he's the white suited spaceman. Nah, not needed.
Dr. Evazan - in bad need of a resculpt. SA please or close to it.
Wedge Antilles - I'm SO tired of Wedge figures. I just don't get the fascination with him.
Walrus Man (Ponda Baba) - same entry as Evazan.
Death Star Droid - ok, I'll bite. But aren't we already getting one close to this in the Droid Factory set?
Death Squad Commander - If this is just the Imperial trooper but in gray fatigues, meh, I'll get a couple. Won't army build it.
Bith Musician - OMG, enough already. These are played out (pun intended). Seriously, I don't need these guys yet again. I got them the first time from the fan club, I got them the second time from the tin, I got one of them from the third time as a Disney exclusive. Let them take a set break PLEASE!

-Sal

bigbarada
06-20-2008, 03:00 PM
I agree with you Mr JJL. I think it's possible that this is Hasbro's way of working with a site to gauge fan interest, then drawing from that to make figures.

Anyway, here's my take on this list:
TIE Fighter Pilot - meh, if I'm not buying TIE to pilot them, I don't need extras. I already have enough from previous releases. Hasbro, bring DOWN the price of the large winged TIE and I'll get those.
Rebel Fleet Trooper - Besides Jesse, I for one will be happy to have an updated version of this. Though for me, these still aren't a big priority
Saurin - About time. This is one of my highly desired Cantina Aliens
Imperial Commander - If it's SA hell yeah. Let's hope for a few head swap running changes.
Han Solo (Ceremony) - meh, PASS
C-3P0 - meh, PASS
Danz Borin - WHO?? Oh okay having looked him up, he's the white suited spaceman. Nah, not needed.
Dr. Evazan - in bad need of a resculpt. SA please or close to it.
Wedge Antilles - I'm SO tired of Wedge figures. I just don't get the fascination with him.
Walrus Man (Ponda Baba) - same entry as Evazan.
Death Star Droid - ok, I'll bite. But aren't we already getting one close to this in the Droid Factory set?
Death Squad Commander - If this is just the Imperial trooper but in gray fatigues, meh, I'll get a couple. Won't army build it.
Bith Musician - OMG, enough already. These are played out (pun intended). Seriously, I don't need these guys yet again. I got them the first time from the fan club, I got them the second time from the tin, I got one of them from the third time as a Disney exclusive. Let them take a set break PLEASE!

-Sal

If they make them super-articulated with a more accurate sculpt, then the Bith Musician is the most exciting part of that list for me. I've always loved the Cantina Band, but the POTF2 figure was just too crappy for me to ever buy. I'm waiting for a true update of the figures not just more rereleases.

Why SA? Well it would give you the ability to make the band appear to actually be playing their instruments, not just holding them 6 inches in front of their faces.

Ponda Baba and Evazan are also high on my list. Also if the TIE Pilot is SA without a removable helmet, then I'm down for an update.

dindae
06-20-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm guessing these are just the lists referred to as the "parking lot".

TIE Fighter Pilot - No
Rebel Fleet Trooper - No
Saurin - Yes
Imperial Commander - No interest unless it is the one played by Rutger Hauer
Han Solo (Ceremony) - No
C-3P0 - No
Danz Borin - Yes
Dr. Evazan - Got enough but I would buy an vastly improved sculpt
Wedge Antilles - No
Walrus Man (Ponda Baba) - No
Death Star Droid - I would get it if it was based on the vintage paint scheme
Death Squad Commander - ditto
Bith Musician - Only if it came with the instrument that required you to be seated to play

sebillba
06-20-2008, 04:32 PM
The Saurin has long been high on my wants list, and I wouldn't mind seeing updates of Evazan and Ponda Baba, and maybe a silver Death Sar Droid. But apart from these, I'm really underwhelmed by everything on these rumour lists. It's not surprising I'm way more excited about the Indy line these days.

Jargo
06-21-2008, 08:01 AM
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
Jawa & WED-15 Droid
Wioslea
Saurin
Danz Borin
Dr. Evazan
Walrus Man (Ponda Baba)
Bith Musician

i'm up for those. don't care for the rest.

DarkJedi5
06-21-2008, 02:12 PM
From the Q & A over at Jedi Defender:

3. I’m a huge, huge fan of the Mos Eisley “Cantina Monsters” (as my two little guys call them). I love to get those thirsty alien action figures, so I was wondering - just how excited am I going to get with the upcoming Legacy A New Hope wave? Are we talking just “2 cantina guys” excited or “holy crap - 4 figures including the worm lady” excited?

** I hope you temper your language around your sons when we finally reveal the pictures of this great wave! There will be *four* Cantina denizens in the wave this Fall, two of them coming in one pack. One of the characters will be Lak Sivrak's lover, which should be enough of a hint for you to be doubly excited.

I think that pretty much confirms a large chunk of the ANH rummor list....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-21-2008, 02:40 PM
But they also said, on RS's Q&A:

Rebelscum: It seems that each wave for 2008 is made up of 8 figures, which means there will be 2 astromech droids for the B.A.D.s. This means that there aren't any protocol droids (since they would be part of a wave of 6 figures). While we understand any rumor lists that pop up are just that...rumors only...when can protocol droid lovers look forward to building one?

Hasbro: Waves 3 and 4 will feature protocol droids...actually two different versions of the Death Star Droid/RA-7 model. Names will be released later when we announce the waves at Comic Con.

Meaning that waves 3 and 4 will each have 6 figures. Or maybe the other two will have old droid parts or something? That would suck . . .

EDIT: After reading all the sites' Q&A, I found this at Yoda's News:

YN: Pictures have recently surfaced showing some of the later 2008 figures on the new Legacy Collection packaging, numbered GH#. What is the criteria to make it as a Greatest Hit figure and how do they differ form the Saga Legends? Will these 'Greatest Hits' figures be packaged in the same case assortment as the Legacy Collection basic figures?

H: Great question. Saga Legends is designed as a kid-first targeted line that is a solution to a need-based problem that we can use across the world to get the best and most-in-demand figures out there in constant availability. The idea is that Saga Legends both complement the new Clone Wars animation (with versions of Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, R2-D2, etc.) as well as generally ensure that many of the most popular Saga characters are available for kids. As with the vast majority of the previous Saga Legends line, there will be no changes to the figures themselves, but will just "carry forward" in new packaging. While there will be changes to the Legends lineup with time, the figures that we rotate in will be the best of the best. This may include troops like Shock Troopers, 501st, and other classic Clones that collectors like, but these effectively hit a dual audience.

The GH or "greatest hits" figures serve the similar purpose of adding core character strength to the Legacy/Droid Factory lineup, but here we have looked to figures that kids would also be interested in, but could also still have some collector demand as well (Felucia Troopers, TFU Vader, etc.), but ultimately will not be available all year like Saga Legends.
So perhaps two figures each from waves 3 and 4 will be "greatest hits" as opposed to "build-a-droid," but not quite "Saga Legends"? So maybe this still means they will have droid parts but will be otherwise old . . . I really don't know, I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

mark2d2
06-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Wave 4 sure sound great. . . Very, very excited. So hope this proves to be true. My Thoughts on each fig is listed below.

Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi (the only one that's kinda a yawn)
Brainiac (Cantina Patron) (cool)
Trinto Duaba with Dice Ibegon (Cantina Patrons) (AWESOME!!!)
Han Solo (Stormtrooper disguise) (i don't have it. cool.)
Jawa & WED-15 Droid (ONLY ONE OF MY MOST WANTED FIGS EVER!!!!)
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper disguise) (be cooler if he was shorter)
Spacetrooper (might get this one...)
Wioslea (totally awesome! long overdue!)

obi-dad
06-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Exactly when is SDCC? I can't wait for some of these rumors to be confirmed and see the pics or put them to bed until late '09 to 2010. I NEED some freakin' pictures!

DarkJedi5
06-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Pretty sure SDCC is July 24th-27th.

obi-dad
06-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Pretty sure SDCC is July 24th-27th.

duhh! :confused: I knew Midnite Madness was during this, but never put the information together. I've been impatiently waiting for confirmations and pictures and wondering when it would happen, but I knew the date of MM and knew it conflicted with SDCC. Sometimes even a genious can be a moron. thnx

Tycho
06-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Sometimes even a genious can be a moron. thnx

You spelled "genious" wrong, genius ;)

But your conclusion is so true. I AM a genius. I really should have been born a god. But no matter. Sometimes it feels great to "dumb down" and act like a moron. See "The Stupid Thread" in the general section for details.

I need to quiet my extremely active, intelligent mind that can move so fast and continuously, that it drives me crazy. I really should meditate more.

But as I noted, it feels really good to "dumb it up" here and there, as maybe ignorance IS really bliss. It's difficult being so smart knowing that I really ought to be running the world but just haven't achieved becoming the leftwing dictator I was always meant to be, just quite yet.

Blue2th
06-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Hookt on Foniks werkt fer me! :squareeye

obi-dad
06-26-2008, 01:22 PM
You spelled "genious" wrong, genius ;)

Not quite as bad as some of the grammar in my sentences. That's what I get from posting at work. I start a post, get called away, and finish it later without re-reading the whole thing. I think I've seen one sentence that was "choppy" in 2 places where I stopped twice in the middle of posting.

Mr Burns
06-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
Jawa & WED-15 Droid
Wioslea
Saurin
Danz Borin
Dr. Evazan
Walrus Man (Ponda Baba)
Bith Musician

i'm up for those. don't care for the rest.
Wave 4 is the Revenge of the Sith wave, and this wave isn't wave 3?:cry:

bkh0501
06-27-2008, 06:44 PM
There's a lot of figure's I'd like to see redone with super articulation.

Cane_Adiss
06-28-2008, 12:47 AM
Hasbro said something to the effect of "the ANH wave won't show up at retail until the end of the year, possibly even January". So I'm betting that means that ANH will be wave 5 or even 6. ROTS being wave 3, and Repaints wave 4. I just can't wait to see what these waves look like! Esp Trinto and Dice. That will be one sweet set!

obi-dad
06-28-2008, 12:56 PM
right now, I don't care which wave is which... I just want some d@rn pictures!!! +/- 25 days is too long to wait. Where are the d@ng leaks? Where are the freakin ebay auctions? I can't take it any longer. I'm going crazy!!!

Now, after I have my fix (I'm a SW figure new/picture junkie, you know) then I'll want the ANH wave moved up to the front of the line and the repaint wave at the end with the ROTS right before it. But, Hasbro never consults me before they design & release figures for some reason.

Tycho
06-28-2008, 02:59 PM
It's crazy, but MadSlantedPowers' polls even proved it: after 30 years, ANH has the most-demanded figures STILL yet to be made - and it's the most popular and endeared with the fans even after 2 more OT movies and all the prequels.

Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi - a SA all softgoods that rides in the landspeeder would be cool. Not sure if the VOTC one qualified there. I didn't buy that figure as I customed the Obi-Wan I needed (E1 accessory robe in '95 Obi-Wan without the plastic shell robe)

Brainiac (Cantina Patron) - I'll take 1 for Mos Eisley and maybe 1 for the streets of Coruscant. Maybe 1 more for the SOTE Coruscant? I guess I could use 3 at least.

Trinto Duaba with Dice Ibegon (Cantina Patrons) - I'll take 1 for Mos Eisley and maybe 1 for the streets of Coruscant. Maybe 1 more for the SOTE Coruscant? I think I'll also use this character in Dexter's Diner, and on Coruscant's streets for AOTC. Maybe as a refugee from the Yuuzhan Vong in one of my EU scenes? So I could buy up to 6!

Jawa & WED-15 Droid - I like the WED-15 droid. I always have. I think I'll buy at least 2 for my Sandcrawler scene and Purchase of the Droids. Maybe a third for the ANH Lars Homestead?

Spacetrooper (might get this one...) - I might get this figure. It depends. I bought 3 of the Expanded Universe figures to use as the troopers seen in ANH as the Falcon's captured. I don't know if I need to replace them. It depends on how cool this figure is, and I might be able to resist buying it.

Wioslea - a unique figure, I may want to keep her as such - buying only 1 for Mos Eisley. Sad that some of the coolest figures I only get a limited number of. But Wioslea is one of those that you want to keep special and not use her species as a "filler alien species" in every diorama. So Mos Eisley for certain. And that's probably it, even though I'm sure to love this figure. I only have 3 Ephant Mons in spite of finding probably 8 figures (the others went to friends who had trouble finding him).

Blue2th
10-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Carded pic of FX-6 over at Jedi Defender: http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/1-08/08Leg_FX6Carded_Full.jpg

Tycho
10-05-2008, 02:20 AM
FX-6 looks way cool. He's going to really add to my Vader Operating Table / Chopper Droid / 2-1B/ Darth Sidious scene!

cookiemonster
10-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Actually theres only 2 figures I want out of this set one is the FX droid, the other is General Grievous (Right Scaled).

Blue2th
10-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Those are the two that I want the most, but I'll buy the rest of them also.

obi-dad
10-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Ok... this may be the wrong thread to bring this up, but it has been bugging me since SDCC. At ToyFair last year (was that in Feb??) Hasbro brought up to the Yarna wave for display. Then at SDCC (July?) Hasbro again only brought up to the Yarna wave, but then had slides just of the next wave (4 - Obi/Wioslea/WED/Brainiac/SpaceTrooper/Trinto) ... When do we get any confirmations past January? When do we get new pics? There isn't any big cons left until ToyFair '09 is there? Doesn't Hasbro usually have more than one new wave to display between these? I don't know, as excited as I was to see the slides of this wave in July, I was frustrated we didn't see even one new wave of figures "in person". I would have been happier if they would have brought this wave to SDCC and had the next wave out in the slide show.

cookiemonster
10-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I have thought this since July, when I saw the poor showing by Hasbro, for both the Indy Line and the Star Wars Line.

Also when they didnt show Willrow Hood who they said wait until SDCC for his showing, also for the Lumiya and Shira Bree figure, still wondering if this figure is ever going to happen.

Tycho
10-06-2008, 02:48 PM
We saw the new Bail and Breah Organa in person, along with FX-6 - (at Comic Con). That was after the Yarna wave.

There just isn't that much coming out, I'm afraid. But with the economy being the way it is - and it was probably inevitably headed in that direction back when Hasbro was making its plans for products through first quarter next year, they're not producing as much. A majority of people won't have the funds to buy as much.

Plus our polling on this site shows that we're close to the bottom of the barrel for SW figure choices from the movies. They have to turn to the EU. It's inevitable, too.

cookiemonster
10-06-2008, 02:53 PM
I am sorry Tycho I disagree there is still plenty of figures to be Made from ANH and ROTJ (and thats not just resculpts of exsisting figures), ESB I will agree that theres about 22 that could be done (the rest would be resculpts to bring them upto date).

As for the Prequels, Meh, not bothered really, as we are getting the figures I want from here in the Clone Wars style which I think is better.

And this is my own personal opinion, I am not saying everybody thinks like this.

As for the EU - I want some Unique Marvel Characters released, and not just funky colored kit bashes.

El Chuxter
10-06-2008, 04:09 PM
As for the EU - I want some Unique Marvel Characters released, and not just funky colored kit bashes.

They can start with Jaxxon.

I won't shut up about the big green fella until I have his action figure in my hand. Preferably in a totally made-up situation, defending Teek from some Togorian Pirates.

jedi master sal
10-06-2008, 04:49 PM
I am sorry Tycho I disagree there is still plenty of figures to be Made from ANH and ROTJ (and thats not just resculpts of exsisting figures), ESB I will agree that theres about 22 that could be done (the rest would be resculpts to bring them upto date).

As for the Prequels, Meh, not bothered really, as we are getting the figures I want from here in the Clone Wars style which I think is better.

And this is my own personal opinion, I am not saying everybody thinks like this.

Movie characters are still the bread and butter though. Hasbor will find a way to keep putting out Movie figures, even if it means slight upgrades. There are still many movie figures that do not have the ultimate version of them made yet.

However EU has been creeping it's way into the line a bit more in the last year or two. Prequel figs are still in demand as that is what kids of today were brought up with.

For myself, I'm not drawn to the animated figs. Oh I could be, but I don't want to spend another small fortune on those figs to. Many of us are waiting for the realistic versions of some of the characters like Ahsoka and Phase one Cody. If it never ha[[ens so be it, most of us won't worry about it.

As to comic characters, I for one would like Jaxxon, but not the toony version. Rather the more realistic version. As well we could use Delilah Blue from the Legacy comic. Yes, Hasbro will have to move to more EU, but when the line becomes more EU than anything else, I'll venture to guess it's going to wither and die. The average everyday fan just doesn't know who some of these characters are and many EU characters don't look like they belong in the Movie SW universe. Again my Jaxxon being one of them.

obi-dad
10-06-2008, 04:49 PM
We saw the new Bail and Breah Organa in person, along with FX-6 - (at Comic Con). That was after the Yarna wave.
I'm going to have to agree with cookiemonster and say
I am sorry Tycho I disagree.

Unless I'm having a brain fart and can't remember AND I can't find the picture in Hasbro's section for SDCC (or no one took a picture of the figures) Hasbro didn't bring them to SDCC. There was a slide in their slide show: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/data/5680/Slide17.JPG but I don't see any pictures to prove Hasbro brought them. And, these are due out before the Obi/Wioslea/WED/Brainiac/SpaceTrooper/Trinto wave, so if I'm correct thas Hasbro didn't bring them, then my point still stands that there were no new Legacy figures brought and no slides past the first wave of 2009. It's still possible that your point is valid that they simply had no other figures created yet, but I find that very hard to believe.

D@mn! just went to all that work and looked again at the pics and guess what I found: http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/data/5676/SDC_30151.JPG Ok, I'm wrong, but since I worked hard to prove you wrong, Tycho, I thought I'd go ahead and post that I was wrong.

cookiemonster
10-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Can I just say I wasnt disagreeing with Tycho about figures being there or not, I was actually disagreeing about the movies being Tapped out.

Chuxter and Sal I would love to see Jaxxon made, along with Cody Sunn-Childe and I am being serious, theres lots of potential, just Hasbro doesnt seem to want to go for it.

obi-dad
10-06-2008, 09:42 PM
yes, i know... i was originally just trying to be cute and use your statement to disagree with the other part Tycho's reply. i should have just scrapped the whole thing when i realized he was right... sorry to be confusing. btw... i totally agree the the movies are far from being tapped out between never before made figures and ones that resculpts are needed (besides ESB, which seems to have a definite limited amount of figures left, which i posted in the QnA secetion).

cookiemonster
10-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Obi thats ok, I think I counted about 22 figures that are left to do from the ESB Movie, thats not including resculpts.

El Chuxter
10-07-2008, 12:09 AM
Anyone who knows me knows I'm not joking about wanting Jaxxon, Teek, and a resculpted Kit Fisto with Mighty GrinTM.

BoShek
10-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Is there a Build a droid for the Obi-Wan wave? If so, whom is it? Thanks. :thumbsup:

Blue2th
10-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Is there a Build a droid for the Obi-Wan wave? If so, whom is it? Thanks. :thumbsup:

Found a list, and copied and pasted it. Shows which droids we get.

2009 Basic Figures
Wave 1 – A New Hope

xx Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
xx Brainiac & Wioslea
xx Jawa with WED-15 Droid
xx Spacetrooper
xx Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon
xx Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise
xx Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise

Build-a-Droid: R2-N6
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:R2-N6.jpg
Build-a-Droid: R5-A2
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:R5a2.jpg

Blue2th
10-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Some close ups of Brainiac, Woislea, Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon at Jedi Defender
http://www.jedidefender.com/index.php

electricidad
10-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Those guys look awesome! I actually bought my last car from a guy who looks like Wioslea. It's a Ford 500.

Snowtrooper
10-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Wioslea really looks f***ed up. She's even uglier than Herml Odle. Can't wait to get this wave. I don't remember Trinto having such a dark face, but maybe I remember it wrong.