PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS FOR HASBRO - round 53

JediTricks
06-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Please post your VOTE for up to 6 {six} of the questions provided in this thread, letting us know which ones you most want to see asked on June 27th. Keep in mind that your votes in round 52 do not count in this round, so if your question is still on the list you may want to vote for it again.

Also, feel free to post new questions. For reference, here are Hasbro's answers to previous SSG questions (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1320); to ActionFigs.com's questions (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1916); and from other sites (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1298). The questions we asked last round can be found here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=623323#post623323).

Current questions (vote for up to 6):

- Twice during the prequels, a vehicle toy's MSRP was dropped significantly without any changes to its mold - the first being the Episode I Naboo Royal Starship which went from $100 to $50, and the second being the Republic Gunship which in the Saga line was $40 but subsequent releases were $30. What were the causes of these price drops? Why hasn't this happened with other vehicles in similar high pricepoints?
- What are the requirements that a retailer must go meet to get a Star Wars exclusive, do they have to be a certain size company, make a certain number of Hasbro orders a month, etc.? Is there some sort of process that a retailer has to go through to get an exclusive, do they work with Hasbro on what item to produce or is it out of their hands?
- A few times in Q&A's history, you've suggested collectors submit their local stores' pegwarming data to you so Hasbro store reps can get these problems fixed. Some of the stores did show signs of improvement in this department, however others still suffer old TSC pegwarmers (Moff Jerjerrod is pretty consistent) and show absolutely no signs of moving, and the reports on these were coming in from all over the country. What if anything was done to fix the problem, and what will be done in the future? If nothing else, having several Hasbro Star Wars pegs filled up with very old product is going to hamper sales of newer product hurting your business and hindering collectors' ability to get new figures.
- 2007 was likely the best year ever for army builders. Every trooper - with the exception of the McQuarrie Concept figures - was widely available in large numbers, even in the heavily competitive Los Angeles area. Several battle packs reflected the love of army builders. Even the troops from the 2006 Saga line were available far into the year due to the delay in the TAC. Is this the distribution model Hasbro will be using from now on, where troops will be plentiful and the previous year's assortment will available into the next year's line?
- The Order 66 packs from last year were great and the new ones out now look just as good. How long will it be before we start to see these clones sold on their own though? It would be great to army build them but not on a 1 to 1 ratio with their Jedi commanders.
- Although the Cruisemissile Trooper vehicle has its share of detractors, including those at Hasbro, the concept and design have some fun and interesting toy merits, though not fully realized. Perhaps the original design could be embellished and resized to fit into either the current Starfighter Vehicle pricepoint or a Battle Pack or other smaller medium. And of course, this time around it could have a removable pilot and cooler features to make it a fun new vehicle with unique Star Wars credibility. Would Hasbro ever consider making an update to this vehicle with design and features befitting the modern line?
- With the ROTS line, we got a couple vehicles that have removable droid slots, but due to some issues, the droids don't actually work that well with them. Both ships have enjoyed repaints, the Jedi Starfighter almost too many to count, so there are plenty of droid slots in collectors' hands which don't actually accommodate astromech droid figures. The ARC-170 holds the figure too high and so loose that play is hampered; the JSF also holds the figure too high and the mold cavity doesn't actually have enough room to accommodate the feet despite trying; and those aren't the only vehicles with droid slot issues - the Naboo Fighter and Y-wing suffer dedicated droid domes instead of actual droid slots. Granted, Lucas approved prequel designs that "bend" physics to get astromechs into their slots, but with the figures I've experimented with this and found many astromech droids would fit if only they didn't have their feet. But collectors shouldn't have to hack off their droids' feet, so might Hasbro consider making a "pilot" astromech body that could have removable lower legs, perhaps for the Naboo Fighter separately removable legs as well?
- With the July 26th street date for the new Star Wars lines, this comes during the most popular day of San Diego Comic-Con (midnight madness is the night after SDCC's Star Wars day). Many of the Star Wars collecting community will be attending the event that same weekend and won't have a chance to hit a local Toy's R Us or other retailer to grab up all the new product scheduled to come out. Will HasbroToyShop's SDCC booth be offering any of the new lines' items?
- In a recent Q&A, you stated that the upcoming Legacy Collection Darth Vader will likely be your "definitive" Vader, you are having a hard time coming up with more features to add to the character. However, one area still needs addressing, that of his battle-damaged removable hand. In the movie, Luke cuts it off at the wrist, but the articulation on the TLC Vader seems to sport glove articulation which is further back than wrist and can't be popped off to simulate this damage. While a small issue, it does hold the figure back from being definitive. Will it see a change in the future, perhaps as a running change, or a re-release? Also, what about definitive versions for each movie, since the costume changes?
- How are the Wal-Mart exclusive Droid Factory 2-packs going to be shipped? Cases of just 1 set, or cases with all 6 sets? Wal-Mart.com recently had the Hoth Han and K-3PO set in stock, but the other 5 sets still aren't available.
- Although we know that you've handed the baton off to Sideshow for the 12" line, in a recent Q&A you answered that you were thinking of making a return to the scale but had made no decisions. You've got 12" Indiana Jones figures simultaneously as Sideshow's, and The Clone Wars seems to have more kid factor which means a need for a lower pricepoint, which isn't Sideshow's thing, showing both precedent and motive for Hasbro restarting a 12" Star Wars line. If you were going back to 12", how about re-releasing some of the better 12" figures of the past, like Vintage-style Boba Fett, R2-D2 with tools, the Jawa, C-3PO - stuff like that which Sideshow isn't really focusing on right now - to test the waters?
- The relic pack-ins with the Indy figures are a great idea, and many of us are enjoying collecting these almost as much as the figures themselves. Will they continue with the 2009 waves, or will you switch to a different bonus? A good alternative might be some of the various creatures Indy encounters, such as snakes, spiders, scorpions, bugs and rats. What do you think?
- Concerning Hasbro's Clone Wars CGI line, will you be making any of the Separatist Leaders into figures? How about Destroyer Droid, Super Battle Droid, and IG-100 Magnaguard figures, will we be getting any/all of them in the line?
- One of the scenes talked about a lot from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the "nuke the fridge" scene. Would Hasbro make a deluxe figure representing Indy and his life-saving refrigerator? Would Hasbro design the fridge pre-blast "clean" or with battle damage?
- Understanding that Mighty Muggs are a popular item, it seems that most stores rarely have any of these figures, and when they do it's only sparingly and from the latest wave. Will there be an increase in production of the line, or at least more product hitting stores, including older figures from the earlier waves?
- The last time the "midnight madness" question was asked back in April, the answer was "yes, similar plans and activity to 2005 with the launch of Ep III toys, but too early to talk about". Now that we are a month away, are there any more details that can be given out about Midnight Madness 7/26 openings? And will this release date for The Legacy Collection & Clone Wars product be worldwide?
- The Hasbro Star Wars team has discussed in previous Q&As their favorites and personal wishlists from the movies. Any hints though as to what characters might be on the team members' various Expanded Universe wishlists?
- Back on August 17th, you answered SSG's question about the TX-130 tank toy by saying "We have looked at the TX-130 and it is a cool vehicle, but right now would only go after it if it was featured in the upcoming Clone Wars animation." On October 22nd, you answered AF's question about the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid with "We have looked at this, but it would need animation support to make it happen." Now we have total confirmation that both vehicles will feature in the Clone Wars CGI animation, as well as the Droid Gunship - and all 3 of these vehicles are now being made by LEGO (the Tank Droid they did for ROTS). What are the chances now of getting toys of the Tank Droid, the TX-130, and even perhaps a Droid Gunship from Hasbro? The first 2 would make excellent $20 entries and satisfy fans of the Clone Wars, ROTS, and the Battlefront video games.
- Concerning Indiana Jones, with the end of the pack-in relics next year, might there be another way for fans to get their hands on the cardboard crates - not assembled is fine - so that they can build up their Area 51 displays?

Vote now, and suggest new questions too. Thanks for participating!

Battle Droid
06-13-2008, 04:58 PM
New question,

If and when you decide to make Toonbuck Toora from AOTC, would you make Rogwa Wodrata using Toora's body and just sculpt a new head for Rogwa since they both have the same body type and costume?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Howsabout:

Love it or hate it, the so-called "nuke the fridge" scene in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has drawn a lot of attention. Might a deluxe figure be made with Dr. Jones and the life-saving, lead-lined refrigerator? If so, would the fridge be "clean" or have battle damage?

El Chuxter
06-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Can the question I proposed last week possibly be simplified to something like:

Many of the "army builder" figures are tough to find, whether because of their rarity, the desire of many collectors to build large armies, or (most likely) a combination of the two. However, most of these that are tougher to find are not kept in production or reissued. Have you considered possibly releasing one or two case assortments per year comprised entirely of reissued army builder characters--and not just Clonetroopers and Sandtroopers--to keep these figures in the mix?

(JT, I have no idea where you're shopping if the TFU army builders are not tough to find, but I took them out of this version.)

Simdog
06-14-2008, 08:04 AM
New question,

If and when you decide to make Toonbuck Toora from AOTC, would you make Rogwa Wodrata using Toora's body and just sculpt a new head for Rogwa since they both have the same body type and costume?

I like this one. Ask this one!

obi-dad
06-14-2008, 09:49 AM

Many of the "army builder" figures are tough to find, whether because of their rarity, the desire of many collectors to build large armies, or (most likely) a combination of the two. However, most of these that are tougher to find are not kept in production or reissued. Have you considered possibly releasing one or two case assortments per year comprised entirely of reissued army builder characters--and not just Clonetroopers and Sandtroopers--to keep these figures in the mix?

(JT, I have no idea where you're shopping if the TFU army builders are not tough to find, but I took them out of this version.)

EC, I can't find the TFU army builders either, but as far as that question goes, it has been asked multiple times and the answer is always the same... no. I'll see if I can find these questions and which site.

darth_robb
06-15-2008, 01:45 AM
I have a new question concerning Mighty Muggs.

I understand that the Mighty Muggs are a popular item, but it seems that lately most stores appear to never have any of these figures or occassionally only have figures from the latest wave. Will their be an increase in shipping these to stores and will older characters from past waves continue to ship for those of us who have not been able to find them all?

Blue2th
06-15-2008, 08:30 AM
Question:

Recently pics of the new Imperial Pilots set have surfaced with a Razor Squadron Clone Pilot in the set. Have you considered doing a Clone Pilot from the Animated series who piloted the shark teeth Gunship who is basically the same minus the "Razor" markings, perhaps on a single card with gun turrets for our Gunships? With the soon to be released Quad Gunner in Lagacy wave 2, He and his Co-pilot are the only ones missing from this series of blue trimmed Clones.

Or something to that effect.

El Chuxter
06-16-2008, 02:48 AM
I'm sorta of the mind that, if enough people ask the same question enough times in slightly different forms, the point will sink into even the hardest heads at Hasbro. :D

Battle Droid
06-16-2008, 07:38 PM
New question,

Is there any way you can strengthen the legs on the Tri-Droid if you decide to ever rerelease it, or retool and release it as the Octuptarra Droid?

jedimastergeorge06
06-17-2008, 09:36 PM
question,

Will there be a midnight madness sale on 7/26?
And if so what stores are doing it?

sebillba
06-18-2008, 04:26 AM
question,

And if so what stores are doing it?

If we could get this question asked in time, could we also incorporate asking if this is a worldwide release date, or just for USA? If I knew for sure UK stores would also have stock on this date, I might try to take the day off work.

JediTricks
06-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Questions 14-16 added.

Question 10 stricken.

New question,

If and when you decide to make Toonbuck Toora from AOTC, would you make Rogwa Wodrata using Toora's body and just sculpt a new head for Rogwa since they both have the same body type and costume?What's the basis for asking this? They haven't announced they're making Toora, so why ask about a second figure they're also not making?

Howsabout:

Love it or hate it, the so-called "nuke the fridge" scene in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has drawn a lot of attention. Might a deluxe figure be made with Dr. Jones and the life-saving, lead-lined refrigerator? If so, would the fridge be "clean" or have battle damage?Added, vote counted, and I think I'm going to quit this stupid job now.

Many of the "army builder" figures are tough to find, whether because of their rarity, the desire of many collectors to build large armies, or (most likely) a combination of the two. However, most of these that are tougher to find are not kept in production or reissued. Have you considered possibly releasing one or two case assortments per year comprised entirely of reissued army builder characters--and not just Clonetroopers and Sandtroopers--to keep these figures in the mix?I cannot ask the first part of this question, as "many" of the army builder figures just aren't tough to find, that's not correct these days. Give me specific examples of army builders that could use 2 refresh cases a year though and I will consider that second half.

(JT, I have no idea where you're shopping if the TFU army builders are not tough to find, but I took them out of this version.)Target mostly, and TRU.

I have a new question concerning Mighty Muggs.

I understand that the Mighty Muggs are a popular item, but it seems that lately most stores appear to never have any of these figures or occassionally only have figures from the latest wave. Will their be an increase in shipping these to stores and will older characters from past waves continue to ship for those of us who have not been able to find them all?Vote counted. I hate my job.

Question:

Recently pics of the new Imperial Pilots set have surfaced with a Razor Squadron Clone Pilot in the set. Have you considered doing a Clone Pilot from the Animated series who piloted the shark teeth Gunship who is basically the same minus the "Razor" markings, perhaps on a single card with gun turrets for our Gunships? With the soon to be released Quad Gunner in Lagacy wave 2, He and his Co-pilot are the only ones missing from this series of blue trimmed Clones.

Or something to that effect.Ok, come on, let's get serious, how are they gonna do the gun turrets on a single card? Those silly tiny things from the Saga line are so stupid, and a full-sized turret is too big.

As for the animated pilot, please provide a reference on "same but without the razor markings", since that's basically all that pilot has in the way of decor.

I'm sorta of the mind that, if enough people ask the same question enough times in slightly different forms, the point will sink into even the hardest heads at Hasbro. :DPlaysets, Cloud Car, deluxe figures, Republic Gunship turrets.

New question,

Is there any way you can strengthen the legs on the Tri-Droid if you decide to ever rerelease it, or retool and release it as the Octuptarra Droid?April 25th:

GalacticHunter.com: Will you ever rerelease the Tri-Droid retooled as the Octuptarra Droid with the different guns, legs and eyes? (From reader Rune Haako)
Hasbro: That's an interesting variant we could do someday. While we don't have any plans for it now, there is a really good bet that it will happen someday.

question,

And if so what stores are doing it?Also April 25th:

JediInsider.com: Is there any kind of midnight maddness release event planned for the Clone Wars toys like we've seen with previous movie releases?
Hasbro: Each retailer is shaping up its plans, and it is too early to reveal any specifics. Trust us to say that 7/26 will be a HUGE date for Star Wars, and folks should plan on marking that date down on calendars. More details as they become available!
March 12th:

JediTempleArchives.com: As of this writing, StarWars.com has just released imagery of the new Clone Wars line's packaging. In that article it was stated that the new line will debut on July 26th. Is this the kind of hard street date that we've seen in the past with the other movie lines, and do you expect your retail partners to hold midnight madness type events?
Hasbro: It is a hard street date that will be held across the entire Star Wars Fall line (the Legacy Collection included). There will indeed be similar activity as during Episode III, but the exact nature has yet to be determined. We will keep everyone informed as the details shape up.

Yakface.com: First off thanks for having another fabulous showing at this year's Toyfair, With all the announcements made, 7/26/08 (Saturday) is going to be the busy day at most retailers which begs the question - are there any TRU (or other retailer) "midnight madness" plans like with past major line releases?
Hasbro: Yes indeed, retailers are shaping up their plans and there will be activity similar to 2005 and the launch of Episode III toys. As for specific details, it is too early to talk about it but as things take shape we will keep fans informed.

If we could get this question asked in time, could we also incorporate asking if this is a worldwide release date, or just for USA? If I knew for sure UK stores would also have stock on this date, I might try to take the day off work.Oh for corn's sake! Yeah, fine, ok, added, vote counted.

Anybody want to vote for any CURRENT questions?!?

El Chuxter
06-18-2008, 04:32 PM
The recent army builders haven't been especially HTF since they've just been the same damned Shocktrooper, 501st Trooper, and Sandtrooper over and over, ad nauseum, for over a year.

I stand by my statement that the TFU and Saga Legends army builders are impossible to find. I've seen the Jumptrooper and Evo Trooper twice each now, and absolutely no Shadow Guards. I've seen Neyo once, more Zevs than I can count, and nothing else from that wave. I generally have no trouble finding anything, and even I'm not seeing these anywhere, just evidence that the case was received and those sold out (normally in the form of Zev and Imperial Officer Barbie Doll). If those don't constitute "hard to find," I don't know what does.

Mister Roboto
06-18-2008, 04:43 PM

I'm guessing no. But you are trying to force everyone to vote for the CURRENT questions by shooting down all of the new ones. That might be why no one votes anymore.

JediTricks
06-18-2008, 04:57 PM
The Saga Legends figures are dubious army builders, and the TFU figures are still out there, the final shipments are still coming in.

I'm not going to ask Hasbro to release cases of exclusive EU repaints under the guise of "army builders". If Hasbro hadn't let them into the Fans Choice Saga Legends poll, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. I'm just not convinced anything there, save maybe the Shadow Stormtrooper, could be broadly taken as an army builder - heck, Neyo's an individual character.

As for the TFU figures, this isn't a proven property, the game isn't out for another 3 months and we don't even know how many Shadow Guards, or EVO or Jump troopers are in the game, much less how fans will desire them in 6 months. With that in mind, I cannot reasonably think of a way to ask them to rerelease a whole case of 'em, not in a manner that would result in a different answer than that which they've already given about the lack of their rereleases.

Ultimately, I don't want to just ask about the figures YOU personally cannot find, it should be about what the general audience can't find and NEEDS to be refreshed. This isn't because you are unimportant, but because Hasbro won't deal with just your personal needs, they'll only consider dealing with a common issue.

El Chuxter
06-18-2008, 05:17 PM
It doesn't have to be limited to EU army builders; I just used them since they're the only recent examples who aren't Shocktroopers, 501st Troopers, and Sandtroopers. Wouldn't it be nice to have a case of, say, three Stormtroopers, two TIE Pilots, two Gungan Soldiers, three Battle Droids, an EU/ROTS Trooper, and a generic Ewok?

Wouldn't army builders sell as well as or better than the glut of Vaders still saturating the market, some of which are still hanging around after almost two years?

Blue2th
06-18-2008, 08:40 PM
[B]Questions 14-16 added.

Ok, come on, let's get serious, how are they gonna do the gun turrets on a single card? Those silly tiny things from the Saga line are so stupid, and a full-sized turret is too big.

As for the animated pilot, please provide a reference on "same but without the razor markings", since that's basically all that pilot has in the way of decor.

Playsets, Cloud Car, deluxe figures, Republic Gunship turrets.

The Clone Pilot in the new set of Imperial Pilots has those jagged dark blue markings on his legs, helmet, etc. the same as the Clones in the Target Arc Fighter Battlepack. The one in Clone Wars 1 does not. Yeah the Turrets are a joke. Strike that.

Let's simplify:

With the release of many of the Clone Wars 1 figures in Legacy Wave 2, including a Quad Gunner for the Sharktooth Gunship. Will you ever be making the Pilots for this Gunship as well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-18-2008, 08:44 PM
It doesn't have to be limited to EU army builders; I just used them since they're the only recent examples who aren't Shocktroopers, 501st Troopers, and Sandtroopers. Wouldn't it be nice to have a case of, say, three Stormtroopers, two TIE Pilots, two Gungan Soldiers, three Battle Droids, an EU/ROTS Trooper, and a generic Ewok?

Wouldn't army builders sell as well as or better than the glut of Vaders still saturating the market, some of which are still hanging around after almost two years?
I like this idea and would vote for the question if it were ever added.

bigbarada
06-19-2008, 12:22 AM

Put me down for numbers 1, 3, 11, 16. Nothing else on that list really interests me and I think question 9 is getting a little nit-picky.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-19-2008, 01:13 AM
Speak for yourself, Mr. I-want-less-than-accurate-Darth-Vader-figures. ;) :D

bigbarada
06-19-2008, 04:04 AM
Speak for yourself, Mr. I-want-less-than-accurate-Darth-Vader-figures. ;) :D

Well, that feature just makes him accurate to that one scene, thus limiting his playability. I think potential for playability should trump accuracy whenever possible since these are toys, not replicas, after all.

I know you'd say that having a two-piece removable helmet makes him only accurate for that one scene, but that's different. Since, in theory, he could have taken that helmet off at any point in the movies and, in fact, it's implied that he does take it off from time to time in the meditation chamber scene from ESB.

So having a two-piece removable helmet actually makes him the most "all-purpose" Vader figure to cover all of the OT films. I understand that there are differences in his armor from film to film, but I think they are too negligible to warrant having a different Vader figure per film.

Maybe that's just the crockety old man in me coming out. "Back in my day, we didn't have ten different Darth Vader figures for every scene in the movies. We only had one Darth Vader figure and he wasn't accurate to ESB or ROTJ, in fact he wasn't even accurate to ANH; but we managed just fine with that one toy. All these kids with their new-fangled 'articulation' and 'accuracy'... why it's anarchy I tell you!"

:D

sebillba
06-19-2008, 04:53 AM
Oh for corn's sake! Yeah, fine, ok, added, vote counted.

:ermm: Well I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question. There's a whole thread here devoted to this date, it's had more than 1100 views and 60+ replies..... people are excited about this date. It's a big day on the SW calendar. But please remember there are collectors outside of the US as well, and it would be nice to know if we should be looking forward to this date too. Jeez, there's even a question already, addressing the fears of those poor unfortunates who have to attend SDCC, and are worried they might miss out on the big launch. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for adding the question, albeit begrudgingly. Now, dare I ask that you adapt it slightly? "And will this release date for The Legacy Collection and Clone Wars product be worldwide?" I'm not interested in getting the animated CW stuff, so the question doesn't really help me as it stands.

I'll also vote for 12 and 14.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Well, that feature just makes him accurate to that one scene, thus limiting his playability. I think potential for playability should trump accuracy whenever possible since these are toys, not replicas, after all.
But if his hand is articulated/removable at the wrist as opposed to the glove, I don't think people worried about "playability" would really care since the effect is the same. I've just wanted a two-piece removable helmet Vader for a really long time, and I'd like it to be done right. I actually didn't add the part about the definitive Vader for each film, since I think he's fine otherwise, I just want the proper hand and then I'll be happy. :D

JediTricks
06-19-2008, 07:45 PM

Wouldn't army builders sell as well as or better than the glut of Vaders still saturating the market, some of which are still hanging around after almost two years?Ok, we're going around and around in circles now. As I pointed out before, the other army builders in the line aren't hard to find lately - stormtroopers, white AOTC clones, and white ROTS clones were all readily available in 2007, almost to the point of pegwarming. The TIE Pilot hasn't had a re-release in years, but it's also not something that most collectors want to army-build, they want 1 or 2 of 'em and that's it - and these days, they're complaining that the articulation and helmet aren't that good. The Gungan Soldier is supposedly getting an update next year.

And it's been asked of them before, such as this May 23rd answer:

YodasNews.com: First, thank you for confirming the release of an SA sculpt Gray Coruscant Clone. Can you confirm that he will be the sculpt that uses the communications antenna and will the antenna be included with him?
Second, you say that you will not be continuing the TFU and SL Fanís Choice waves through till July. Iím not so much worried about the TFU wave, Iíve seen plenty of those around in my area. My concern is regarding the Fanís Choice wave of Saga Legends figures. These figures were voted for by the fans, and thus are the ones that we would like to see at retail the most. Packing them one per case pack does not allow everyone who wants them to get them. Especially since the other 7 figures you included in the case pack (specifically referring to case pack W4 R1 08) were already peg warmers, and have now plugged up the pegs even more.
I still would like to see more Darktroopers as I didnít have a chance to get the amount of them I wanted, and I still know other people who never found them. And, as an army-builder, if you cut me off short of my Commander Neyo and Covert Ops Clone wants, Iím going to be completely buggered! So my question is this, is there any chance that you will be releasing solid cases of the 5 fanís choice figures in the US before they are discontinued? Or perhaps a case pack that contains multiples of each and no other previously released pack-ins? Do you have some plan in mind that will get these figures to the people who voted for them in the quantities they desire? Letís face it, most people donít vote for clones so that they can only buy one.
Hasbro: 1) We can confirm the gray Coruscant clone will be the antenna sculpt and he will have it.
2) Regarding the Saga Legends fans' choice figures, Mark - there was no possible way to release solid packs or just case packs of those figures for collectors for two reasons: a) This is counter to the very successful strategy we have developed that keeps Saga Legends productive at a high level, and that is delivering a mix of kid and collector-targeted figures in every case pack; b) We cannot put multiples in a case pack because we can only produce so many figures of any character per week/month. We have been running all of them at capacity since we slotted them in...and have put a large number of the fans' choice figures back out there. Unfortunately, it will just take time and searching to track them down but we are getting them out there. The demand on some, like Darktrooper, has been so high that we are looking for another way to bring him back out down the road.
Also, they keep claiming Vader is far and away the most popular character in the line.

The Clone Pilot in the new set of Imperial Pilots has those jagged dark blue markings on his legs, helmet, etc. the same as the Clones in the Target Arc Fighter Battlepack. The one in Clone Wars 1 does not. Yeah the Turrets are a joke. Strike that.

Let's simplify:

With the release of many of the Clone Wars 1 figures in Legacy Wave 2, including a Quad Gunner for the Sharktooth Gunship. Will you ever be making the Pilots for this Gunship as well.When I said "reference", I meant a visual one.

:ermm: Well I thought it was a perfectly reasonable question. There's a whole thread here devoted to this date, it's had more than 1100 views and 60+ replies..... people are excited about this date. It's a big day on the SW calendar. But please remember there are collectors outside of the US as well, and it would be nice to know if we should be looking forward to this date too. Jeez, there's even a question already, addressing the fears of those poor unfortunates who have to attend SDCC, and are worried they might miss out on the big launch. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for adding the question, albeit begrudgingly. Now, dare I ask that you adapt it slightly? "And will this release date for The Legacy Collection and Clone Wars product be worldwide?" I'm not interested in getting the animated CW stuff, so the question doesn't really help me as it stands.

I'll also vote for 12 and 14.I was frustrated because until your post, I wasn't going to add the Midnight Madness question at all, and then you come along and tack on the one piece that makes it addable. It has nothing to do with the UK part, and everything to do with me not wanting to ask yet another Midnight Madness question that Hasbro's already answered a few times (poorly, but that's sometimes their MO).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-19-2008, 08:06 PM
When I said "reference", I meant a visual one.
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/ac/ARCpilot.jpg

JediTricks
06-19-2008, 08:31 PM
It's not that similar a paint job, it's not the same minus the teeth as the one we're getting, the shoulders, chest and helmet are different on just the parts we can see. In light of that, I don't really want to ask about a very specific and not that recognizable repaint of this guy because if it's "no" then we've wasted a question, and if it's "yes" all we get is one little repaint most folks won't care that much about anyway. If you can think of a way to broaden the appeal of the question, feel free to hit me up with it.

El Chuxter
06-20-2008, 01:56 AM
Ok, we're going around and around in circles now.

Well, I am a fan of the late Billy Preston. :D

Blue2th
06-20-2008, 09:48 AM
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/ac/ARCpilot.jpg

Thanks JabbaJ! I was looking all over for that. Thought I already went to Wiki.

So he looks just like an Ep.2 pilot but with blue instead of yellow. Not that thrilling but we don't have one yet. Super-easy figure for Hasbro's repaint department.

Not that important, guess I can always vote for the Cruisemissle Q.

sebillba
06-20-2008, 10:49 AM
I was frustrated because until your post, I wasn't going to add the Midnight Madness question at all, and then you come along and tack on the one piece that makes it addable. It has nothing to do with the UK part, and everything to do with me not wanting to ask yet another Midnight Madness question that Hasbro's already answered a few times (poorly, but that's sometimes their MO).

Ah, ok then. I've wanted to ask it before, but didn't think anyone else would vote for it as a question in it's own right, and this just seemed like a good chance to get it added in. Thanks for changing it. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-20-2008, 02:10 PM
It's not that similar a paint job, it's not the same minus the teeth as the one we're getting, the shoulders, chest and helmet are different on just the parts we can see. In light of that, I don't really want to ask about a very specific and not that recognizable repaint of this guy because if it's "no" then we've wasted a question, and if it's "yes" all we get is one little repaint most folks won't care that much about anyway. If you can think of a way to broaden the appeal of the question, feel free to hit me up with it.
Well, why not put it up? You always say that nobody votes for any of the questions, but you also never give many questions the chance to be voted on anyway.

Also, I remember they said they would release one soon, but that was a while back, so it might be good to ask about it again, and whether they meant this pilot or if they think the Evolutions set one is good enough.

bigbarada
06-20-2008, 03:08 PM
New question:

In the recent trailer for the Clone Wars animated film, there is a sighting of Jabba's Sail Barge. Given the excitement generated by the upcoming AT-TE and BMF Falcon and since, according to rumors, the kidnapping of Jabba's son is a key plot point in the film, is there a chance that we might see a large-sized toy of Jabba's Sail Barge as a tie in to the cartoon?

sebillba
06-21-2008, 07:27 AM
We've got an answer for Q12:

"Cool Toy Review: Will the hidden relics hidden inside the crates continue on into 2009? We love the added element of both the relic itself, and the crate it comes in is a nice way to build up Area 51 scenes.

Hasbro: The relics will end with Wave 4 this year, and will be replaced by figure bases for all of the new figures in 2009."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Okay, spawned from another thread:

Just for clarity's sake, what lines of figures will we see this fall?
*The Clone Wars - animated-style figures with rocket-launchers or action features
*The Legacy Collection (build-a-droid) - new realistic-style figures with droid parts that will be changed when the figures are shipped alongside later waves
*The Legacy Collection (Saga Legends) - old realistic-style figures based on characters from the Clone Wars with clone weapons "lockers"
However, there is some confusion as to some so-called "greatest hits" figures that are apparently apart from the Saga Legends. Will these figures have the weapons lockers or extra droid parts? How will their packaging be differentiated from the other lines?

JediTricks
06-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Saga Legends will be like a subset I believe, it will remain Saga Legends. The Legacy Collection will have a case made up of BD (new) figures and GH (old) figures all under 1 SKU, and then Saga Legends will have its own separate case. Basically, there are now 2 SKUs but really 4 lines of figures to worry about this next year. That deserves a question of its own, I've got one percolating in my head but would like to see input as well. And we know that the GH figures will have droid parts to supplement their waves. Actually, I'm not totally sure the SL figures are under the LC SKU, they may be a separate SKU again, but they're wearing LC badging so I'm guessing not.

Battle Droid
06-21-2008, 06:12 PM
New question,

Now that the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid has been confirmed to be in the Clone Wars 3D movie is there a better chance of Hasbro making one?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-22-2008, 01:59 PM
Saga Legends will be like a subset I believe, it will remain Saga Legends. The Legacy Collection will have a case made up of BD (new) figures and GH (old) figures all under 1 SKU, and then Saga Legends will have its own separate case. Basically, there are now 2 SKUs but really 4 lines of figures to worry about this next year. That deserves a question of its own, I've got one percolating in my head but would like to see input as well. And we know that the GH figures will have droid parts to supplement their waves. Actually, I'm not totally sure the SL figures are under the LC SKU, they may be a separate SKU again, but they're wearing LC badging so I'm guessing not.
The TAC Saga Legends were a different SKU than the basic TAC figures, but they still had the TAC logo and everything. I bet the GH will be the same SKU as the BD figures (if they're in the same case, they would obviously be) and the SL figures will be a different one, and the Clone Wars will be a third SKU . . . or, well, I have no idea, actually.

Tycho
06-23-2008, 03:45 AM
New Question:

Your team has favorites for their personal wishlists from the OT and PT that you've discussed in previous Q&A's. Any hints as to what characters might be on the team members' Expanded Universe wishlists?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-23-2008, 02:55 PM
New question:

Multiple times, we've seen R2-D2 figures based on the R4-G9 mold, which many fans believe to be far superior to the vintage-style R2-D2 mold. However, on each of those R2-D2 figures, he has been scene-specific (shooting flames from his rockets, in comic colors, or battle-damaged). When will we see a normal, clean R2-D2 using this mold?

Cane_Adiss
06-24-2008, 01:16 PM
My votes so far: 6, 13, 14

and a new question if added:

Would Hasbro consider eventually releasing comprehensive "battle pack" type sets of all the cantina aliens or Jabba's palace aliens released, perhaps as exclusives? It would give new collectors an opportunity to "catch up" their alien collections if they've missed out on older figures like Muftak or Tessek. It would also be a good way to release figures that might otherwise be tough sells on their own such as Leesub Sirln, Jess, Rycar Ryjerd, Loje Nella or even the concept Revwien alien.

JediTricks
06-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Question 17 added.

Question 12 stricken.
Sebillba is refunded 1 vote.

Thanks JabbaJ! I was looking all over for that. Thought I already went to Wiki.

So he looks just like an Ep.2 pilot but with blue instead of yellow. Not that thrilling but we don't have one yet. Super-easy figure for Hasbro's repaint department.

Not that important, guess I can always vote for the Cruisemissle Q.If we had 2 or 3 more figures that could be Clone Warsed that way, I'd put it in that question, but by itself it's not enough for what makes a workable question.

Well, why not put it up? You always say that nobody votes for any of the questions, but you also never give many questions the chance to be voted on anyway.Why not put it up? Because people will vote for it, and then either I'll have to veto it when it comes down to sending it or know that we're wasting a precious question slot that may annoy Hasbro rather than get a response. I don't want the site to look completely bereft of ideas and questions and settling for just asking about every random repaint 1 figure at a time, it makes us look bad and it risks us getting dropped from the Q&A program. Plus, Hasbro's made it pretty clear specific stuff like that is on their not-cool list.

Also, I remember they said they would release one soon, but that was a while back, so it might be good to ask about it again, and whether they meant this pilot or if they think the Evolutions set one is good enough.When? Link? That'd change things a lot, of course. I am not seeing it, just went through every instance of the words "clone pilot" and came up without that Q&A.

New question:

In the recent trailer for the Clone Wars animated film, there is a sighting of Jabba's Sail Barge. Given the excitement generated by the upcoming AT-TE and BMF Falcon and since, according to rumors, the kidnapping of Jabba's son is a key plot point in the film, is there a chance that we might see a large-sized toy of Jabba's Sail Barge as a tie in to the cartoon?Oh how I want to nag them about this, but on May 23rd, this answer said no:
JediInsider.com: Jabba the Hutt seems to play a large role in the upcoming Clone Wars movie. What are the chance of seeing a Clone Wars version of this character and some type of Jabba's Palace or Sail Barge toy?
Hasbro: Jabba as a character, yes, eventually. The playset or vehicle you describe - no plans.
I'm almost tempted to go full-out and nag them about "assuming the Falcon and AT-TE sell well" and then needle them about it appearing in the animation AND being a major scene for dozens of figures to interact with, but we already know they're not gonna, it'll take more than Q&A to convince them. I dunno, maybe here, maybe for SDCC just to watch Derryl squirm. ;)

We've got an answer for Q12:

"Cool Toy Review: Will the hidden relics hidden inside the crates continue on into 2009? We love the added element of both the relic itself, and the crate it comes in is a nice way to build up Area 51 scenes.

Hasbro: The relics will end with Wave 4 this year, and will be replaced by figure bases for all of the new figures in 2009."
Thanks, I dunno how I didn't put that together with our question, brainlock or something.

Okay, spawned from another thread:

Just for clarity's sake, what lines of figures will we see this fall?
*The Clone Wars - animated-style figures with rocket-launchers or action features
*The Legacy Collection (build-a-droid) - new realistic-style figures with droid parts that will be changed when the figures are shipped alongside later waves
*The Legacy Collection (Saga Legends) - old realistic-style figures based on characters from the Clone Wars with clone weapons "lockers"
However, there is some confusion as to some so-called "greatest hits" figures that are apparently apart from the Saga Legends. Will these figures have the weapons lockers or extra droid parts? How will their packaging be differentiated from the other lines?Greatest Hits have droid parts, Saga Legends have weapons lockers. We've seen the packaging already several times. And as for the rest of the question, I'm already going to use one of our question slots to ask them what's going on and how everything breaks down with BD, GH, SL, and CW, it was something Steve and I felt had to be asked immediately, so no need to vote on it, it's predetermined.

New question,

Now that the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid has been confirmed to be in the Clone Wars 3D movie is there a better chance of Hasbro making one?Would you want them to make it animated style like that (which I personally don't care for), or movie style like they said they were going to do with the vehicles? Also, would you mind if I threw the TX-130 and Droid Gunship out with it to round out the question? They're vehicles for Clone Wars which LEGO's already doing or have done.

The TAC Saga Legends were a different SKU than the basic TAC figures, but they still had the TAC logo and everything. I bet the GH will be the same SKU as the BD figures (if they're in the same case, they would obviously be) and the SL figures will be a different one, and the Clone Wars will be a third SKU . . . or, well, I have no idea, actually.Told you, it's confusing as all get-out. With TAC, the Saga Legends figures had a different color-coding for the trim and inserts, and the "Saga Legends" branding in the lower corner where the movie name was (the TAC name didn't actually appear on the cards at all). I'm pretty sure BD are casemates with GH, but I am not totally sure what the deal is with SL and CW, and their answer dodged the question when Yoda's News asked.

New Question:

Your team has favorites for their personal wishlists from the OT and PT that you've discussed in previous Q&A's. Any hints as to what characters might be on the team members' Expanded Universe wishlists?I could swear they've been asked this already, but after 2,000 questions, I just cannot find it in the huge list of answers I have in my PC. So I'll add it and count your vote.

New question:

Multiple times, we've seen R2-D2 figures based on the R4-G9 mold, which many fans believe to be far superior to the vintage-style R2-D2 mold. However, on each of those R2-D2 figures, he has been scene-specific (shooting flames from his rockets, in comic colors, or battle-damaged). When will we see a normal, clean R2-D2 using this mold?I was about to ask that, but did a quick search for "g9" and came up with this May 9th answer which makes our question redundant, I'll highlight the passages which concern us:
Rebelscum.com: I am a big collector of the Jedi Starfighters. I like to display them with their pilots and the accompanying astromechs. First I would like to thank you for the upcoming Droid Factory sets as I see many astromechs and pilots paired together. My question is 2 fold:
Do you have plans to produce any more Jedi Starfighters what with The Clone Wars coming out?
Second, are there any plans to do an updated R2-D2 figure using the standard R4-G9 mold as you utilized it for Vader's R4-K5 as well as Mace's R4-M6?
Hasbro: We're glad you enjoy the Starfighter - we certainly do too.
This is a sidebar - but we also have good news to report for those who felt that stickers should have been included with the Aayla Secura Starfighter (even though as it is, it is deco-accurate to the comic). We will be producing a sticker sheet for the vehicles that can be obtained by contacting our Customer Service department on the Hasbro web site. The stickers are being worked on now but will take several weeks to finish. We will advise 'Scummers on when they will be available, and they can then contact Customer Service. We'll send a pic when ready.
Now back to the question at hand...
Yes indeed, Starfighters will continue at a good pace with The Clone Wars animation. While we won't abandon the iconic EpIII version, the focus will be on a new, slightly-modified Delta 2 to match the animation. This new one will be out later this year. As more Jedi are revealed to us in the animation, we hope to be able to match future Starfighters to them as well. Whether we do more deco versions of the "classic" Delta 2 and EpIII Starfighter has yet to be seen, but we will be keeping the main ones in rotation in the Starfighter collection. If we do more "new" color versions of these ships, we may use these as exclusives as we have for the last few variants.
On R2-D2 with standard R4 body - We will be looking to get this version out eventually. We just have yet to figure out where to slot him in.
(BTW, don't think for a second that if I thought we could get away with constantly asking multipart questions and actually get answers like some other sites out there that I wouldn't. :p)

and a new question if added:

Would Hasbro consider eventually releasing comprehensive "battle pack" type sets of all the cantina aliens or Jabba's palace aliens released, perhaps as exclusives? It would give new collectors an opportunity to "catch up" their alien collections if they've missed out on older figures like Muftak or Tessek. It would also be a good way to release figures that might otherwise be tough sells on their own such as Leesub Sirln, Jess, Rycar Ryjerd, Loje Nella or even the concept Revwien alien.I'm not sure I understand what you mean, do you mean a single pack with all the cantina aliens, or a ton of 5packs until all the aliens are done? Also, when you respond, keep in mind that Hasbro's almost certainly gonna kill the idea because it's not kid-friendly enough :ermm: so you may want to try to work around/through that hurdle.

Battle Droid
06-25-2008, 02:35 AM
Would you want them to make it animated style like that (which I personally don't care for), or movie style like they said they were going to do with the vehicles? Also, would you mind if I threw the TX-130 and Droid Gunship out with it to round out the question? They're vehicles for Clone Wars which LEGO's already doing or have done.

Movie style, and yes add the others. :)

Cane_Adiss
06-25-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, do you mean a single pack with all the cantina aliens, or a ton of 5packs until all the aliens are done? Also, when you respond, keep in mind that Hasbro's almost certainly gonna kill the idea because it's not kid-friendly enough :ermm: so you may want to try to work around/through that hurdle.

What I mean is something like the Entertainment Earth exclusive astromech droid packs, but with cantina characters. Put 5 or 6 in a set perhaps including one new exclusive figure (such as the ones I mentioned that may be less likely to sell well single carded). It should be an exclusive so the kid friendly factor may not be an issue, although some kids like the aliens too.

Bear in mind I don't mean for Hasbro to come out with something like this immediately. Only when the number of viable cantina/JP characters that need to be released or updated has basically dried up. Or, they could do something like this sooner, but for old figures they have no plans of updating at all. Figures such as Muftak, Kabe, Takeel, BoShek, Djas Puhr, Ellorrs Madak, Ketwol, Zutton, Kitik Keed'kak (corrected green color perhaps?) and the blue Snaggletooth. I just want to see what they think of the idea when the time is right.

jedibear
06-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Here's another potetial question for Indy enthusiasts...

While the relics have been fun and will be missed next year, any chance of including broken down (flat) crates in the '09 figure packaging so collectors (and kids) can continue building up their Area 51 displays?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Why not put it up? Because people will vote for it, and then either I'll have to veto it when it comes down to sending it or know that we're wasting a precious question slot that may annoy Hasbro rather than get a response. I don't want the site to look completely bereft of ideas and questions and settling for just asking about every random repaint 1 figure at a time, it makes us look bad and it risks us getting dropped from the Q&A program. Plus, Hasbro's made it pretty clear specific stuff like that is on their not-cool list.
Which sites have been barred from the Q&A? GH was banned for like an hour but Hasbro re-added them, and that was for posting pictures of the Falcon, not asking questions similar to those seen on many other sites.

When? Link? That'd change things a lot, of course. I am not seeing it, just went through every instance of the words "clone pilot" and came up without that Q&A.
I don't have a link, but I'm pretty sure it'll turn up if you search "ARC pilot" or "ARC Trooper pilot" or something similar as opposed to "clone pilot."

master J
06-25-2008, 07:59 PM
I'll vote for 14, 16, 17

And the Corp Alliance Tank droid question

Neuroleptic
06-25-2008, 09:14 PM

JediTricks
06-26-2008, 02:11 AM
Questions 18-19 added.

Movie style, and yes add the others. :)Good, ok. I just remembered that we already asked them about the Tank Droid and TX-130, they said it hinged on animation, so I'll include that part as well to fuel the fire.

What I mean is something like the Entertainment Earth exclusive astromech droid packs, but with cantina characters. Put 5 or 6 in a set perhaps including one new exclusive figure (such as the ones I mentioned that may be less likely to sell well single carded). It should be an exclusive so the kid friendly factor may not be an issue, although some kids like the aliens too.

Bear in mind I don't mean for Hasbro to come out with something like this immediately. Only when the number of viable cantina/JP characters that need to be released or updated has basically dried up. Or, they could do something like this sooner, but for old figures they have no plans of updating at all. Figures such as Muftak, Kabe, Takeel, BoShek, Djas Puhr, Ellorrs Madak, Ketwol, Zutton, Kitik Keed'kak (corrected green color perhaps?) and the blue Snaggletooth. I just want to see what they think of the idea when the time is right.That's a lot of exclusive packs though, we're talking:

Ponda Baba,
BoShek,
Breedo,
Hem Dazon,
Dr Evazan,
Greedo,
Elis Helrot,
Jawa,
Dannik Jerriko,
Kabe,
Kitik Keed'kak,
Ketwol, Labria,
Nabrun Leids,
Ellors Madak,
Muftak,
Myo,
Momaw Nadon,
M'iiyoom Onith,
Djas Puhr,
Lak Sivrak,
Takeel, and
Feltipern Trevagg

and that's not counting Wuher or Figrin Da'an and the Modal Nodes, or the 4 new Cantina figures coming out in the next 6 months, OR anybody from Jabba's Palace. That's at least 5 different multipacks (which ain't cheap), they're not gonna jump at the chance to make a bunch of low-selling exclusives from tooling scattered all over China just to satisfy the fanboy lust for repacks. Either they do them all at once and risk even lower sales from spreading interest across multiple sets, or they have to commit to a long term plan of release which could prove unpopular before the last sets come out. All that plus an exclusive new figure? Does this really seem like something they're gonna do? And then you want to ask if they'd try it again with Jabba's Palace? I don't think any of that is plausible, which makes it difficult to ask since the answer's likely to be "no".

Here's another potetial question for Indy enthusiasts...

While the relics have been fun and will be missed next year, any chance of including broken down (flat) crates in the '09 figure packaging so collectors (and kids) can continue building up their Area 51 displays?I'll add this on a trial basis, but no guarantees it'll stay around.

Which sites have been barred from the Q&A? GH was banned for like an hour but Hasbro re-added them, and that was for posting pictures of the Falcon, not asking questions similar to those seen on many other sites.I don't know who has been banned before, but I don't want to become the first. I dunno what the reasons are behind it, but there are about a half-dozen sites or more who were with the program and no longer are. Anyway, you know my position on this situation.

Also, I'd appreciate some voting from you, or come up with questions that aren't either not making the cut or have been answered, you have by far the most posts in this thread and yet no actual votes beyond the "nuke the fridge" question you came up with.

I don't have a link, but I'm pretty sure it'll turn up if you search "ARC pilot" or "ARC Trooper pilot" or something similar as opposed to "clone pilot."Neither term came up with anything.

jedibear
06-26-2008, 03:07 AM
9 14 19 (and thanks for paraphrasing/adding my question!) :)

obi-dad
06-26-2008, 10:59 AM
Well, I'm not really interested in any of these questions, except maybe one. I'd be just as glad to let JT pick his top 6 for me, but since that probably isn't cool, I'll offer 4, 5, 8, 9, 16 & 18.

I would definitely add my voice/vote to further push/bug Hasbro about Jabba's Sail Barge,, which is a question (& vehicle) I could get excited about. So, JT, if you decide to push the fan's desires to see this happen, you could cross any of the above votes off the list, but like you said, I would start it would something like "assuming the Falcon and AT-TE sell well" ....

I think it's definitely worth getting the question out to them repeatedly from different sites.

JediTricks
06-27-2008, 03:02 AM
9 14 19 (and thanks for paraphrasing/adding my question!) :)Sure thing, thanks for voting.

Well, I'm not really interested in any of these questions, except maybe one. I'd be just as glad to let JT pick his top 6 for me, but since that probably isn't cool, I'll offer 4, 5, 8, 9, 16 & 18.Thanks for not making me sweat that.

I would definitely add my voice/vote to further push/bug Hasbro about Jabba's Sail Barge,, which is a question (& vehicle) I could get excited about. So, JT, if you decide to push the fan's desires to see this happen, you could cross any of the above votes off the list, but like you said, I would start it would something like "assuming the Falcon and AT-TE sell well" ....

I think it's definitely worth getting the question out to them repeatedly from different sites.I am thinking if you or BB hits me up with the suggestion in the next round, I'll probably add it then. I have a lot of little sub-ideas percolating in my head on this one, so a little nudge towards that this weekend should do the trick.

And my votes:

1 pricedrop
7 droidslots
8 sdcc
9 vaderhand
11 one-sixth
18 vehicles

Last few hours to vote gang!

El Chuxter
06-27-2008, 02:24 PM

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Also, I'd appreciate some voting from you, or come up with questions that aren't either not making the cut or have been answered, you have by far the most posts in this thread and yet no actual votes beyond the "nuke the fridge" question you came up with.
I'll get around to it . . . ;)

3, 9, 16, 17. I don't really feel there's much to ask them right now.

Blue2th
06-27-2008, 03:04 PM

Battle Droid
06-27-2008, 03:59 PM
13 as another one of my votes.

JediTricks
06-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Fantastic, these last votes made a big change.

That's it for this round. Thanks to everybody who voted and added questions.

Here are the questions we're sending in this round:

This fall, it seems there will be 4 different Star Wars sub-lines vying for space on the pegs: Clone Wars, Legacy Collection BD figures (that's for "Build a Droid", right?), Legacy Collection GH ("greatest hits") figures, and Saga Legends. How many SKUs will that be: 2, 3 or even 4? It looks like 3, with GH figures shipping in cases with BD figures and Saga Legends wearing the Legacy Collection badge but being a separate line, is that accurate? Is there any concern that all this may create confusion or in-line competition on the pegs, perhaps even squeezing out the coveted new Legacy Collection BD figures?
The Hasbro Star Wars team has discussed in previous Q&As their favorites and personal wishlists from the movies. Any hints though as to what characters might be on the team members' various Expanded Universe wishlists?
Back on August 17th, you answered SSG's question about the TX-130 tank toy by saying "We have looked at the TX-130 and it is a cool vehicle, but right now would only go after it if it was featured in the upcoming Clone Wars animation." On October 22nd, you answered ActionFigs.com's question about the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid with "We have looked at this, but it would need animation support to make it happen." Well, now we have total confirmation that both vehicles will indeed feature in the Clone Wars CGI animation, as well as the Droid Gunship - and all 3 of these vehicles are now being made by LEGO (the Tank Droid they did for ROTS). What are the chances now of getting toys of the Tank Droid, the TX-130, and even perhaps a Droid Gunship from Hasbro? The first 2 would make excellent $20 entries, and all would satisfy fans of The Clone Wars, ROTS, and the Battlefront video game series.
The last time the "midnight madness" question was asked back in April, the answer was "yes, similar plans and activity to 2005 with the launch of Ep III toys, but too early to talk about". Now that we are a month away, are there any more details that can be given out about Midnight Madness 7/26 openings? And will this release date for The Legacy Collection & Clone Wars product be worldwide?
One of the scenes talked about a lot from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the "nuke the fridge" scene. Would Hasbro make a deluxe figure representing Indy and his life-saving refrigerator? Would Hasbro design the fridge pre-blast "clean" or with battle damage?
In a recent Q&A, you stated that the upcoming Legacy Collection Darth Vader will likely be your "definitive" Vader, you are having a hard time coming up with more features to add to the character. However, one area still needs addressing is that of his battle-damaged removable hand. In the movie, Luke cuts it off at the wrist, but the articulation on the TLC Vader seems to sport glove articulation which is further back than wrist and can't be popped off to simulate this damage. While perhaps a small issue, it does hold the figure back from being truly definitive. Will it see a change in the future, perhaps as a running change, or a re-release? Also, what about definitive versions for each movie, since the costume does sport quite a few changes?

And we're asking for clarification on this Q&A we got last round since one of the items does appear in animation:
SSG: The recent Clone Trooper and Rebel Trooper role-play blasters are pretty cool. With that in mind, will Hasbro be offering more role-play weapons such as all-new sculpts of Han's blaster, the Stormtrooper blaster (with more accurate size and folded stock under the barrel), Biker Scout pistol, and perhaps even larger ones like the Hoth Rebel rifle and Clone Trooper long rifle? (Please discuss the specific possibilities of each of the examples in this question.)
Hasbro: Sorry for the blanket answer, but since none of these blasters are present in the Clone Wars animation, we do not have plans to pursue them. Our role play efforts are really focused on trying to match what on-screen opportunities the entertainment brings (last year's Rebel Trooper blaster notwithstanding).
A new round of voting is up now.