PDA

View Full Version : Are the vehicles balanced for the OT and PT collections?

Tycho
06-16-2008, 04:31 AM
What I mean is "are there good amounts of Imperial versus Rebel equipment choices?"

"How about Republic vs. Separatist?"

Galactic Empire........................Rebel Alliance

TIE Fighter..............................X-wing
Vader's TIE.............................Y-wing
TIE Intercepter........................A-wing
TIE Bomber..............................B-wing
AT-AT....................................Millennium Falcon
ATST......................................Snowspee der
Imperial Shuttle

Army of the Republic................Separatist Forces

Jedi Starfighter.......................Droid Fighters
Republic Gunship.....................AAT Tank
Jedi Starfighter 2.....................Geonosian Fighter
ARC 170................................Hailfire Droid
Anakin's starfighter..................Grievous' Fighter
ATAP....................................Homing Spider Walker
V-Wing
V-19 Torrent fighter
AT-TE

Clearly the Separatists need the Tank Droid and the Droid Gunship to help them catch up, possibly before the Clones also get a Swamp Speeder and Turbo Tank.

I didn't count the Naboo's N-1s as they weren't directly under Republic command.

Clearly the PT is over-taking the OT in terms of war vehicles - but not by too much.

Ground and air vehicles both seem to be well represented on both sides except the Rebel Alliance doesn't seem to have surface attack craft unless you count the snowspeeder, which while it flies, is not a space vehicle.

Bosskman
06-16-2008, 04:48 AM
The Tank Droid is a must. The V-19 isn't a PT vehicle. The PT vehicles will never have anything like the awesome BMF. It dwarfs everthing, even the Naboo Cruiser and the AT-TE combined.

Darth Jax
06-16-2008, 07:26 AM
What I mean is "are there good amounts of Imperial versus Rebel equipment choices?"

I didn't count the Naboo's N-1s as they weren't directly under Republic command.

Clearly the PT is over-taking the OT in terms of war vehicles - but not by too much.

Ground and air vehicles both seem to be well represented on both sides except the Rebel Alliance doesn't seem to have surface attack craft unless you count the snowspeeder, which while it flies, is not a space vehicle.

You should throw Jango's Slave 1 in as a separatist vehicle.

The Y-Wing is more bomber than fighter so it was a surface attack craft.

Neuroleptic
06-16-2008, 08:28 AM
Galactic Empire........................Rebel Alliance

TIE Fighter..............................X-wing
Vader's TIE.............................Y-wing
TIE Intercepter........................A-wing
TIE Bomber..............................B-wing
AT-AT....................................Millennium Falcon
ATST......................................Snowspee der
Imperial Shuttle

The Imperial Shuttle should be listed on both sides, since the vehicle was also used by the Rebs and could double as the Tyderium Shuttle Han Solo flys in Return of the Jedi. But that's just my opinion.

^_^ this would make the OT vehicles even.

DarkJedi5
06-16-2008, 09:17 AM
What about Boba's Slave I? I know it's not technically an Imperial craft, but it seems to me it should be listed for the sake of making an accurate list of vehicles. The Alliance doesn't really have anything like it unless you want to count Dash Rendar's Outrider....

Tycho
06-16-2008, 01:27 PM
I thought about Fett and Rendar when I made this list.

Though they worked for factions, they were basically free-lancers (all the Fetts - as Jango actually hated Dooku, but loved his money).

So I didn't think the Outrider or Slave-One could fit into any of these groups.

As to the Imperial Shuttle - Lambda Class shuttles were basically sold to the Empire (I forgot what company makes them) but the Rebels' shuttle was just a stolen one.

And I was thinking in terms of the GAR when I listed the V-19. Sure it's Expanded Universe, but if you buy one, I'm sure you'll make it serve the appropriate faction (the Clone Army).

El Chuxter
06-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Jango didn't hate Dooku. Did you never read Brokeback Mandalore?

obi-dad
06-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Jango didn't hate Dooku. Did you never read Brokeback Mandalore?

I tried to watch the 3D cartoon, but once I realized what it was about, I had to eject the DVD! :D

Tycho
06-17-2008, 01:45 PM
In looking at this list, and having just picked up and played with the vehicle again, I realize how much I appreciate the V-wing. It's one of the most fun vehicles we've ever gotten.

I think I also love the '79 mold for the X-wing (updated with the 1995 electronics of course).