PDA

View Full Version : Epic Collections sets 4, 5, and 6

shinakuma43
02-15-2002, 05:11 PM
I finally have the Epic Collections sets 4, 5, and 6 after only searching for them for about a year and a half. Well, I still need a set of them loose but it's great to need only one set now rather than 2. I took pictures of them so if you want to see them check out the link below:

Epic Collections IV, V, and VI (http://www.geocities.com/sgouki43/epics456.html)

R2: Feel free to use the images if you'd like.

Later,
S43

Jangu Fett
02-15-2002, 05:52 PM
Please! Please, where did you get them??????? I need the Dark Apprentice set to complete my collection. If you bought them from a online store please let me know how much. You are so lucky. I've been looking for this set for going on 4 years.

boss nass
02-15-2002, 06:00 PM
see those sets on ebay all the time

shinakuma43
02-15-2002, 06:19 PM
Boss Nass: I don't think you see these on ebay all the time. You may see sets 1-3, but not 4-6. I've been searching ebay daily for them for well over a year. They were listed only 3 times that I've ever seen.

Jangu: I got them off of ebay. The seller had just one set, I wanted a second one each of for myself to open. If he did have more I would have posted the info here as soon as I found out more were available. I got all six sets for 66.90 with shipping. The seller had all six listed on ebay with minimuns of 5.99-6.99, but no buy now prices. I got lucky and saw them very soon after they were listed. I e-mailed the seller with an offer of 10.00 each for them hoping he'd take it or hit me with a counter offer. Fortunately for me he was online and got my e-mail quickly. He gladly accepted my offer and canceled all 6 auctions and sold them to me for the 10.00 each plus shipping. I didn't need the first 3 sets, but if I figured it would help me if I offered to take them all. 22.30 for each of the 3 sets I wanted isn't bad. I would have had to pay quite a bit more if he didn't want to cancel the auctions and I also would have had to wait about 7 days longer to get them. I hate 7 day auctions.

Later,
S43

vulcantouch
02-15-2002, 11:07 PM
glad your intrepid strategy paid off, the prophets smiled on you :cool: others might whine that your tactic precluded their gettin a chance at em, but i couldn't care less about that: them sets got into the hands of a true collector as cheap as possible, that's what matters :)
vt

shinakuma43
02-15-2002, 11:58 PM
I'm glad it worked out to. Us MM collectors gadda do what we gadda do to get what we need. I had to give that a try. If it didn't work I was already prepared to throw max bids of 200.00 down on each and hope to get them. I didn't post anything about it until I had them in my hands, the last thing I wanted was 50 people e-mailing the seller to see if he had more. He doesn't, so there's no need to ask him again. There's no need for him to know what he had, he feels good with what he got for them and I feel good for having them. He has an online toystore (www.thatdamntoystore.com) so I was kind of surprised that he apparently had no idea how rare they are.

Hopefully everyone else who needs them gets them soon.

Later,
S43

good shot jansen
02-16-2002, 08:02 AM
that is some of the best micro machines news i have heard in a long time!

as far as the seller was concerned, these were toys and he felt happy with getting $10.00 apiece for em!

great work shinky!

if i recall correctly, jt needs one of the 1st three sets (i forgot which one, awhile back he had posted in a near delierium early morning fog that he needed only two of em, he misposted which two, and i had picked him up the ones he had posted and sent them off before he posted his retraction:eek: , you might wanna offer him the one he's missing)

great work!

shinakuma43
02-16-2002, 01:17 PM
GSJ: The wierd part about the whole thing is that I came across them about 10 miutes after the last e-mail I sent where we were discussing the later Epics. After sending the message I figured I'd quickly check ebay and see if anything I wanted was ending soon or just listed. I notcied 6 Epic Collections auctions all with the same title. I almost didn't check, but I figured I might as well check the auctions just in case it was all 6. I really figured it was 2 of each of the sets 1-3, to my surprise it was all 6. If he included the set numbers in the title I'm sure they would have been above 10.00 each in the 30 minutes it took him to end the auctions.

JT: Let me know which of the first 3 you need and you can have it.

Later,
S43

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-16-2002, 03:55 PM
Cool find Shina on such rare items. Those sets are almost like the Holy Grail for some of us collectors. I think I'll find the Lindbergh baby alive first rather than those darn Epic Collection sets (and he's been dead 70 years!)

jeddah
02-16-2002, 03:59 PM
...well why dincha say so before?

I picked up a spare set of these just in case, so now I have 2 lots of unopened 1-3s. I could've sent them on.

LMK if I can be of any help, and no sarcy comments about waiting :p

jeddah

r2dee2
02-18-2002, 09:44 PM
I'm so happy for you S43!! I know so many people have been looking for these for a long time and your patience paid off. I do have my pics up here (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/epicsets.htm) but some of yours are better than mine, so I may take you up on your offer:):)

JediTricks
02-20-2002, 01:46 AM
S43, good job on 4-6! I've totally given up hope of finding those at a price I can afford.

Wow, you guys are so nice to think of me like this. I'm missing #1, "Heir to the Empire".

shinakuma43
02-20-2002, 03:02 AM
R2: I wish I knew you had pics of them. I must have missed them every time I visited your site, but I remember I wanted to see nice pictures of the sets but never saw images of boxed sets other than the few I've seen on ebay. All of them were pretty small and not very clear. Oh well, now I can just look at the sets :)

JT: Just send me your address and I'll send out the Heir to the Empire set to ya. LMK.

Later,
S43

good shot jansen
02-25-2002, 07:54 AM
i have to say that i am thrilled with all the mm's that came with the sets!

1st off, the x-wing is the best version of any of the released mm x's!

it is made of a harder plastic than the others, thus the wings are maintained at the proper open angle! The engines are not the same length, but they are dayum close! (i still havn't seen the same length engines that jedi goofy reported were present on the x-wing which came with the tie pilots head transforming set. the one which came with mine, is the standard run of the mill, ribbery x-wing :( ).

the paint job is supberb, being painted on the bottom as well as the top, and the detailing when examined underneath a magnifying glass, appears to be a complete resculpt from the previous x-wings. definately an added surprize to this collection!

the expanded b-wing is indeed a complete resculpt, with a different quad engine design than the standard b. the entire ship is larger than the standard b as well as the cockpit being mounted on a different side than the standard. i only wish they hade made these things with pivoting wings.

the scimnitar bomber is a delight to play with. it's radical design when compared to the rest of the emperial fleet is a welcome change. again this vehicle was made with heavier plastic, giving a nice feel to the toy when played with.

the coral vanda (although being an underwater ship), looks great when in flight formation with the rebel transport

the hapes nova is a cool looking ship, i just wish that the chinese fan bridge shields were retractable, it makes the ship look like some kind of prototype dino from jurassic park!

the mon ramonda is a cool addition to the calamari fleet, and the tafanda bay is so colorful. (the tb is the only ship which has not entered into play, as mason quite can't figure out how to include it in his battle plans!)

vulcantouch
02-25-2002, 01:29 PM
-you Gotta be kiddin; mine looked the same but with a sloppy, too-thick, detail-obscuring coat of paint to boot :p and remember, i personally handled the one you're talkin bout. i say tie-head-set's the best, it's even got engine intakes :D
expanded bwing was a missed opportunity imo; if hinge wings weren't possible, they at least shoulda made it a Closed wings VarianT :rolleyes:
did you know that cool hapes nova can Hump the sisko sailor perfectly? try it :sur: maybe someday i'll put together a Micromachine Sex webpage showcasin some of the inventive positions in which various mm ships can "establish an airlock", huh-huh huh :evil:
speakin of Humps, your name's come up the last few times (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=39811#post39811) :D
vt

good shot jansen
02-25-2002, 02:33 PM
yeah, i seeze your pernt. the engine intakes are real nice and detailed. the engine lengths are close to being the same size, just a smidgen shorter fer the lower two. and the lasers are longer as well.

my displeasure with this particular x-wing, is that mine came all warped outta shape right outta the box with the lasers perntin' in all crazy directions:frus: , also the connection pernt fer the two halves was not assembled real good, (you can see a glob o' glue in there keeping the two halves from layin' flush with each other:mad: ), thus the front fusalage is angled noticeably upward from the rest of the body like some dayum chihuahua in heat:eek: (how's that fer sex'n'mm's ?)

britcit3
03-02-2002, 04:07 AM
Have taken a leaf from Shinkys keen auctioneering book and bagged a Jedi Braid set for $7 US on a buy it now.

I've seen these go for about $50!!!!

Will either hang it on the computer room wall as part of my BOXED COLLECTION - or use to to trade for one of the AF's I still need.

BC3

LTBasker
03-02-2002, 04:54 AM
$50??? Ludicris! $7 is a very good price but right you can get'em for I think $10.99 at DNSToys. :cool:

The holo-emitter in the set though, is it very and does it have a belt clip? Trying to find a good holo-emitter for a costume idea. :)

shinakuma43
03-02-2002, 11:05 AM
Good job BC3 7.00 is about the cheapest I'd ever expect to see one. I believe it's less than what we paid to get them in the australian deal way back.

I haven't been watching auctions for them but if they are going for 50.00 it wouldn't surprise me. They were never available in the US, they aren't listed all the time, and most people don't know about dnstoys. I remember about a year ago when the Episode 1 AF ships and playsets were getting very expensive on ebay. I was really wishing I didn't hold off on getting them but I then found out DNSToys and TNCUniverse both had pretty much everything I needed in stock for close to retail prices and so I paid reasonable prices for just about all of them. The only mistake I made was not ordering 2 of each item. At the time I wasn't planning on opening them up so 1 of each was all I needed. So, just because something is available off of ebay for much cheaper doesn't mean it's not going to sell for more on ebay. Ebay has a much greater exposure than dnstoys or any other collectible web site. I've even done the same thing a few times, I've won a few items only to find them much cheaper days later at one of the collectible sites.

Later,
S43

good shot jansen
08-07-2002, 12:19 PM
someone is willing to trade the epic sets IV-VI for some mint star trek micros (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13175)

the poster is a person named tibor, and he's looking for set XI, and collectors set 3

SWAFMAN
08-07-2002, 04:39 PM
if ever there was a gauntlet swatted upside VT's head, then thrown defiantly at his feet, that is it, GSJ.........

can S43 & VT collaborate to make this happen?

stay tuned, MM fans............

Tibor
08-09-2002, 12:51 PM
Oh man, I didn't swat anybody upside anything... particularly not a Vulcan, just floating the idea.

I was going to buy the STMMs but thought I'd see what the trade frontier was like. I also have opened Epics 4, 5 and 6, but the Ext-B-wing has a bit of glue overflow, so definitely not mint. I'd consider a loose HMS Bounty or 1701-E in some sort of trade for some of these loose Epics too.

I'll have to look for the loose figures, as they're relegated to a mixed box of MM wee little folks...

But all in all, I'm a huge fan of MM in general, but particularly the small SF space stuff. I also weep that Glitch and co. never made the Indiana Jones playset ... that would be my favorite of all.

Leroy Landers
08-09-2002, 11:27 PM
I need a Mon Remonda mm loose I am willing to buy or trade.

BobaFett77
08-10-2002, 09:57 AM
I can help you out with a couple of your needs and am interested in a trade. I sent you a private message, if you don't get it just send me an e-mail.

vulcantouch
08-10-2002, 11:08 AM
. . .swaffy's just referring to my legendary brokering of notoriously difficult-to-arrange trades, via my vast trading network contacts :)
LL: are you the guy i emailed about winning the ebay auction? either way, feel free to be in touch (either here or via email) about trading me for a loose remonda. lmk what you have to offer, & we'll go from there :)
vt
p.s. i wonder if s43 has rec'vd pkg i sent yet??

shinakuma43
08-11-2002, 12:08 AM
Tibor: any loose Epic sets 4-6 items you have I need. Star Wars MMs are much more important to me than my ST MMs. LMK what you need and what you have and I'm sure we can work something out.

VT: I got the package a couple days ago. I guess I shoulod check my e-mail more often I didn't even know it was on the way. I've been out since it arrived (my PC is always on in case it said I was online). They are all great and your package wil be on its way ASAP.

Later,
S43

Tibor
08-11-2002, 10:45 AM
Hi s43,

I'm mostly interested in picking up an HMS Bounty and 1701-E. I've had a request for the Scimitar and Mon Remonda, but all the rest are still available. Let me know what you think.

Tibor