PDA

View Full Version : 12" Leia/Boushh

dr_evazan22
02-15-2002, 07:36 PM
When the first set of 12" Bounty Hunters came out a year or so ago I thought they looked great. Then I heard that a second wave was planned w/ Suckass, Dengar, and Leia/Boushh.

I was so excited!

Now, Hasbro's not produced the Boushh fig, and instead will make the Imp Officer.

Is anyone else out there disappointed?

On another note, I think that Hasbro has been doing a little better job w/ the articulation of the 12" figs... They ARE almost "fully poseable".

derek
02-15-2002, 11:00 PM
i'm not disapointed. and you won't be either if you get one off e-bay. if you look around you should find one pretty cheap.

i wish they would of made a rebel trooper instead, but the imperial officer has a cool head sculpt with 70's sideburns.:D

how articulated the final product is remains to be seen. true, dooku and the imperial officer had the new body, but i'll believe that's the final product when i have it in my hands. i wouldn't be suprised if dooku and the imperial officer were prototypes slapped together only for toyfair at the last minute.

JediTricks
02-16-2002, 02:05 AM
I am holding back till I see some core characters with better head sculpts and new, super-posable bodies. Plus, it'd be nice to have some heads that are in-scale with those bodies.

I have nearly all the POTF2 12" figures (excuse me, "Action Collection" and Collector's Series ;)) and the 12" Boushh there is one of the best.

Over the years, Hasbro has said they'd do a lot of 12" figures they neglected to do, the list of figures they said they'd do is nearly as long as the list of figures they HAVE done, so I'm not surprised Leia as Boushh wasn't put out here, nor am I surprised that we don't have a 12" Gamorrean Guard.

LTBasker
02-16-2002, 02:07 AM
Grey uniformed Imp. Officer head + Black uniform from other Imp. Officer + Bossk's vest and stuff = 12" BoShek. :p

AreTwo-DeeTwo
02-16-2002, 10:39 AM
I wish I was good at customizing but I SUCK at it really, really bad.
I also wish we could get a Gamorrean Guard, Hammerhead and some other alien type figures. They seem to do well with making those. Heck I'd like to see the rebel troopers made and other rebel pilot's outfits.
I agree with Jedi Tricks about those heads. They are just not in scale with the bodies. I really like the 12 inch figures concept and have bought a majority of them. To bad the bodies are not like the GI JOE versions.
I already have the Leia Boush version and it's great. I get tired of Hasbro making duplicates of the figures in the same outfits. I'd rather have a Bespin Gown Leia or Leia Endor than another Boush.
I am not very excited about getting the Imp Officer. I am getting a bit tired of all the Imperials. I think we have the AT-AT Driver, Snowtroopers, 3 Sandtroopers, Biker Scout, Royal Guard, Death Star Trooper/Officers hat version, counltess Vaders, and 2 Emperors plus 2 Tarkins. Although a General Veers with snap on AT-AT commander version would be allright.
Make some of rebel dudes - Fleet Trooper, Hoth Soldier, Endor Soldier, A-Wing Pilot, B-Wing Pilot, Y-Wing Pilot.
I could go on and on.

Turbowars
02-16-2002, 12:56 PM
How about a Leia Boushh that is in the right proportion. Look at Leia in Jedi, Chewy towers over her and the 12" is the same size as him. Just a thought. Oh I got a Boushh on e-bay about a year ago for $15. I also have the KB three pack, which Leia should have been packagd with the helmet on

derek
02-16-2002, 03:08 PM
turbo wars,

if you want leia and padme in the correct scale, just put their head on the "mary kate and ashley" dolls.:D

dr_evazan22
02-16-2002, 05:54 PM
I have the KB 3 pack that has Boushh, but haven't opened it, that's why I was looking forward to the single version.

Those are a bunch of good suggestions you made Are-Two, about the aliens, and definitely about the Bespin Leia.

Another single figure I'd like to see made, in either scale, is the Bartender R2 from Jabba's sail barge. Maybe I can look on ebay for a loose one that someone opened.

They also need to do a single Scout.

JediTricks
02-18-2002, 08:20 AM
Carrie Fisher is barely 5 feet tall, so I think 12" Boushh is in scale. It's all the Action Collection Chewbaccas, even the skinny hairless one, that are out of scale.