PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Yoda Figure....

GNT
02-15-2002, 09:32 PM
By now we've all probably seen the AOTC Yoda figure,do you guys/gals like the new Yoda figure?

I'm alittle disappointed that he still has no seperate legs like the vintage one,but does have waist articulation which I believe is a first for a Yoda Figure :) at least its something :rolleyes:

Whats the brown/gold thing Yoda is on,is it the same thing Dooku uses to catch Obi Wan?

Thoughts?

LTBasker
02-15-2002, 09:36 PM
Well he looks younger than he did in E1 but they're probably still working on it.

Beast
02-15-2002, 09:51 PM
I think it looks alright. I still think the E1 Yoda looks tons better then the one that was pictured at Toy Fair. But knowing Hasbro that was no doubt a prototype. I think he's on some sort of pillar in the hanger where Dooku's ship is stored. It also looks like it shoots him off like a missle. I don't like that feature at all, but atleast they didnt make him magnetic so he lands attached to Doooku's back. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Unit-01
02-15-2002, 11:20 PM
LOL JarJar. I think it's good that he looks younger than E1 and he looks like he does in the Classics too. The E1 Yoda (in the movie) was just plain ugly. He looked older than in ROTJ. Crap, he didn't even look like Yoda!

Battle Droid
02-16-2002, 12:31 AM
It's horrible looking, though I'll probably end up buying it.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
02-16-2002, 11:18 AM
I don't like the figure. I am disappointed with it. He looks like he is ready to part the Red Sea for all of Moses' followers. I am assuming the stick thing it is holding will actually be his lightsaber when it's released? Maybe I will change my mind after seeing the film. Perhaps he is actually doing something like moving objects around to **** off the Count.

Jayspawn
02-16-2002, 11:58 AM
I think it's ok looking. I'm more than sure I'll buy it being that I'm a fan of Yoda.

"Mine, or I will help you not."

JEDIpartner
02-16-2002, 12:08 PM
This is one of the worst figures in this new line. I can't believe they even got the skin colour wrong! It's too dark, for heaven's sakes! Those eyes are wacky and he looks like a p***ed off little frog creature. This is NOT Yoda!! I'm sorry... but this will just not do.:mad:

evenflow
02-16-2002, 01:21 PM
I think it looks horrible. They need to work on him, and where's his lightsaber? I was really looking forward to seeing it, but nothing?

InsaneJediGirl
02-16-2002, 02:02 PM
Hmmm...He looks like Darth Yoda instead of Jedi Master Yoda.:evil:

master jedi
02-16-2002, 03:18 PM
I'm a bit disappionted. Can't Hasbro do anything right?

GNT
02-17-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
I'm a bit disappionted. Can't Hasbro do anything right?

Well only 1 in ten products they make are good but I feel they don't even know what they are making all the time,sheesh :)

master jedi
02-17-2002, 09:00 PM
If 1 out of 10 are good then that means that they make a lot of good stuff.:rolleyes:

chewie
02-17-2002, 09:56 PM
I seriously don't think there's many mold revisions/re-dos if a sculpt comes out looking crappy. I think Hasbro basically hopes the sculptors get it right the first time and from that, the toy is approved no matter how faulty it may be.

Lord Tenebrous
02-17-2002, 10:17 PM
It really is a shame, because the color scheme isn't there, the detail isn't there, the facial structure is wrong....and his ears are sagging. The Yoda figure sucks.

:cry:

Unit-01
02-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Well that Yoda IS a prototype guys.

GNT
02-18-2002, 12:40 AM
The cloak Yoda wears should be more greyish like in the picture,if hasbro coulld do that It'll be one great yoda figure :)

JEDIpartner
02-18-2002, 10:54 AM
Let's hope to God that our little green friend doesn't arrive with a bad whack of Jaundice!!! Did anyone else notice that his eyes are "YELLOW!" in that picture???:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

General Veers
02-18-2002, 11:11 AM
Woooo why does GNT have 0 posts?????:confused: :eek:

JEDIpartner
02-18-2002, 11:33 AM
THAT'S who was missing off the "TOP 5" posters box!!

Maybe that's what happens when you reach a certain number? Maybe it resets? Maybe he upset the midichlorians!

mabudonicus
02-18-2002, 12:08 PM
Yeah, the figure looks kinda crummy, but I must say that the overal sculprt of the figure, including the aforementioned "darthlike" sense of evil, suggests that we're gonna get some pretty good proof that Yoda deserves the reverence that all Jedi lavish upon him. That is one side of the character that has always been implied(the immense power at his disposal), and as long as lucas doesn't see this as a good reason to use that scene from the Matrix ONE MO TIME, it is an exciting prospect. We know that he COULD use his powers if he NEEDED them, and it looks like we're gonna see something happen in the film that is bad enough to warrant him FINALLY cutting loose.
THAT is what this figure makes me think, anyway.

Darth Ovori
02-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Will it come with both Walking stick and Saber... ??? ... hmmm

evenflow
02-18-2002, 01:22 PM
I hope that that is just the prototype and that changes will be made because it is really really horrible.

Darth Nanny
02-20-2002, 04:50 PM
Well if that clear plastic rod is stuck somewhere intimate it might explain his expression :eek:

Amanamike
02-21-2002, 12:53 AM
tHIS FIGURE SURE IS UGLY, but being the collector I am I cant help but buy at least one. I mean come on..its star wars stuff how can you not buy it. I just wish it looked better. This guys little joke here was about as close to the mark as it was when i saw it..sad but true

Casual George
02-22-2002, 02:50 PM
I think they are on the right track with the figure. Hasbro will probably come up with a decent Yoda. I do think it's time for some independent leg articulation. Especially give how mobile he's supposed to be in AOTC. The one piece legs have got to go.