PDA

View Full Version : Another Rumour List: Repaints for Wave 4

sebillba
06-23-2008, 04:25 PM
From RS:

Wave 4: Repaints & Repacks Basic Figures

Coruscant Landing Platform Clone Trooper
Count Dooku (Hologram)
Imperial Engineer (from Star Wars: Battlefront II)
Jodo Kast (from Star Wars: Twin Engines of Destruction (http://www.rebelscum.com/darkhorse_bobafett.asp))
Saleucami Trooper (from Treachery on Saleucami (http://www.rebelscum.com/TACBPsaleucami.asp) Battle Pack)
Yaddle & Even Piell (from Jedi High Council screen scenes (http://www.rebelscum.com/sagascenes.asp))
B-A-D: RA-7 ("Death Star Droid")

These rumours just keep getting worse.... if this is the silver Death Star Droid, it's probably the only BAD figure I'd want, but I'm not interested in most of these repaints/repacks.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Well, we already knew about the Landing Platform Clone, and I've wanted one with an antenna for a while (it's the only clone that actually needs an antenna). I've also wanted a holographic Dooku for Ilum scenes. I'm not remotely interested in the Yaddle/Even Piell set unless they're upgraded, which I doubt they are. The rest are kind of "meh" so hopefully the droid is good (or, hopefully the figures they carry forward in this wave to have the extra droid parts will be good).

jedi master sal
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
My thoughts on this wave:

Coruscant Landing Platform Clone Trooper: cool, I "might" army build this one. At the least I'll get 2 squads to help (5 in each squad)
Count Dooku (Hologram): excellent. I'll get one of him
Imperial Engineer (from Star Wars: Battlefront II): someone refresh my memory, which one is this?? Are we talking another Imp gunner?? If so, I'll get one for the droid part if it's a new piece, otherwise pass.
Jodo Kast: pass unless it's a new droid piece
Saleucami Trooper: never liked the one with the FIXED visor on the front of the helmet. I'll get one if it's a new droid piece)
Yaddle & Even Piell: one for the droid piece. Not really interested in the jedi, unles they are new or significant upgrades.
B-A-D: RA-7 ("Death Star Droid")

So by the look of the droid it is new. Wow, other than the Coruscant clone, and Dooku, I'm not excited by the wave. One of each other than the Coruscant clone. Hmm, cheap wave for me!

These rumours just keep getting worse.... if this is the silver Death Star Droid, it's probably the only BAD figure I'd want, but I'm not interested in most of these repaints/repacks.[/QUOTE]

Jargo
06-23-2008, 07:03 PM
YADDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

actually i'd only buy it if she gets proper working legs like a couple of Yoda figures have had. If it's just a re-issue then THRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP!! :frus: to hasbro.

Tycho
06-24-2008, 04:26 PM
I thought Jodo Kast was coming with Boba Fett in a Comic-2-pack?

I have been looking forward to actually getting "Twin Engines of Destruction" as a one-shot comic book, as I never got that, nor could find it at Comic Con (but I admittedly didn't have time to look that hard).

In any case, I hope this comic pack is still on tap.

Yeah, the Dooku hologram does sound kind of cool.

Droid
06-24-2008, 05:08 PM
I'll buy an Even Piell to cut off the back of his robe so he can sit in the Jedi Council chair.

I would buy an RA-7 if it was silver like the one from the sandcrawler/vintage figure.

Tycho
06-24-2008, 06:26 PM
I got my RA-7 with the Diamonds Exclusive Sandcrawler vehicle toy.

I think it was done kind of off-color gold to be more film-accurate? Not sure. The silver would pay homage to Kenner, like Han's blue Hoth coat does (when Lucasfilm's demonstrated the coat to be brown, I guess).

Old Fossil
06-25-2008, 09:17 AM
I may get the Saelucami trooper, to go with my lone Neyo.

If the Death Star Droid is silver, I'll definitely pick it up. The gold-tone one, however movie accurate, should never have been made in the first place.

obi-dad
06-25-2008, 12:35 PM
YADDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

I want a Yaddle & Yoda like NiubNiub made to sit in their Jedi Council chairs with their legs crossed.

Cane_Adiss
06-25-2008, 01:07 PM
This wave is almost a complete pass for me. I May pick up the holo Dooku, and perhaps the Even Piell/ Yaddle. Only if Yaddle is repainted properly tho. No candy red hair and she needs to look older. The boring clones are always a pass for me. Jodo Kast is just another recolored Boba Fett so he'll be pretty boring as well. Would need to see the Imperial Engineer before I thought about it. If it's just a repacked AT-ST driver then I'll pass.

Mr Burns
06-27-2008, 12:19 PM
I think you will find that this wave gets released as wave 3. In fact I'm quite certain it will:whip:

obi-dad
06-27-2008, 02:58 PM
I think you will find that this wave gets released as wave 3. In fact I'm quite certain it will:whip:

Well, it would make sense to give them more time to get the new figures to market, but I really don't care what wave number any set of figures is... we get them all eventually. Course, if Hasbro wanted to check with me, they could put all the OT waves up front and keep pushing off the PT & Clone Wars waves, but something tells me I'm not Hasbro's only SW customer.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Hopefully Kast will have a little retooling and such and not just a repainted Fett. The count could be cool, but not something i would bend over backwards to get...kinda like the rest of the wave. Though the Yaddle Evan two pack could be a very good thing as i missed those two the first time around.