PDA

View Full Version : List All the Expanded Universe Figures Hasbro Has Made / Planned To Date

Tycho
06-25-2008, 12:39 PM
I tried to list all the EU that's been made. How am I doing?

[EDIT: This list has been adjusted so that only "chronology characters, not concept figures" are counted]

TOTJ - Mandalore
..........Exar Kun

KOTOR - Darth Revan
............Darth Maleck
............Darth Nihlus

JEDI VS SITH...Darth Bane

REPUBLIC - Dark Woman
...............A'Sharrad Hett
...............Quinlan Vos
...............Villie
...............Obi-Wan Cold Weather Gear
...............Darth Maul shirtless

CLONE WARS - Alpha
.....................Droid
.....................Ventress
.....................Tol Skorr
....................Padme Illum (x2)
....................Chameleon Droid
....................Chameleon Droid (cloaking)
....................Mon Calamari Warrior
....................Durge (x3)
....................Quarren Warrior
....................(various Clones and their Officer variations)
....................Yoda on Kybuck
....................Roron Corab
....................Voolif Mon
....................Talz Jedi (sorry, forgot the name)
....................Obi-Wan Clone Trooper Armor (x2)
....................Anakin Yavin Duel
....................Anakin Nelvanna
...................Clone Scuba Trooper
....................SaeSee Tiin Armor
....................IG Lancer Droid
....................Ashoka

SOTE.............Dash Rendar
....................Prince Xizor (x2)
....................Luke Coruscant Guard Disguise
....................Chewie Snoova Disguise
....................Swoop Trooper
....................Leia as Xizor's Prisoner

DARK FORCES..Kyle Katarn
....................Dark Trooper

ROGUE SQUADRON..Baron Fel
..........................Hobbie X-wing Pilot

HTTE............Grand Admiral Thrawn (x2)
...................Space Trooper
...................Mara Jade (x2)
...................Luke as Karrde's Prisoner
...................Talon Karrde

DARK EMPIRE..Luke DE
...................Leia DE
...................Palpatine DE
...................Imperial Sentinel

NEW JEDI ORDER...Luke Jedi Master
.........................Kyle Katarn Jedi Knight
.........................Yuuzhan Vong Warrior

LEGACY.............Cade Skywalker
.......................Darth Talon
.......................Ganner Krieg
.......................Antarres Draco

obi-dad
06-25-2008, 01:17 PM
You got all I knew/remembered about and much more. I'm sure there have to be more, but I'd have to research. The Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon during (I think the POTJ series) that weren't movie figures (I think it was a snow or skiing Obi-Wan), don't count do they? I don't believe they were even EU, but ones Hasbro just made up, right?

Tycho
06-25-2008, 01:26 PM
The Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon during (I think the POTJ series) that weren't movie figures (I think it was a snow or skiing Obi-Wan), don't count do they? I don't believe they were even EU, but ones Hasbro just made up, right?

They were concept figures. Reminds me: I forgot the McQuarries. The Obi-Wan Cold-Weather Gear was used for Illum in Jedi Quest however - with a 13 year old Anakin dressed similarly. They were on Illum approximately 6 years before Snowbunny Padme's adventure there.

Yeah, maybe I shouldn't count concept figures after all, but in Cold Weather Obi-Wan's case, there can be an exception because there is a story there.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-25-2008, 05:45 PM
There's also everything from The Force Unleashed and the Holiday Special.

jjreason
06-25-2008, 05:46 PM
How about the Star Tours ride figures? That's EU to me.

Blue2th
06-25-2008, 06:54 PM
What? no Arc Pilot?
It's been asked for...promised like a gillion times! :D

obi-dad
06-26-2008, 08:37 AM
There's also everything from The Force Unleashed and the Holiday Special.

I thought George considered everything from the Holiday Special as cannon? :D

Tycho
06-26-2008, 09:27 AM
You guys are right. I totally forgot about The Force Unleashed - likely because it is so delayed that I have no familiarity with it.

I'm currently working with archived photos to try and get a grip on how much EU (from the chronology) I've missed.

In terms of non-chronology EU, I just realized that you McQuarrie figure fans out there need to add the 3 figures from the EU concept vehicles from 1988 to your collection: speederbiker, airspeeder pilot, cloud car pilot. Remember those guys?

The Holiday Special is another interesting sidetrip: Zutton, Animated Boba Fett, any others? (Blue SnaggleToothe was really a homage to the Kenner figure, not a Holiday Special figure, I'd guess).

The Holiday Exclusives (reindeer antler R2D2, Santa-Threepio, etc.) are also not chronology EU.

But I forgot Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax who should be listed right after Dark Empire for Crimson Empire's placeholder.

Anyway, I'm working on it right now.

Tycho
06-26-2008, 11:21 AM
I've covered '95 to 2003 thus far and must step away to do some actual 'potential' income generating work for the moment (my assistance has been requested on a Gas & Electric office park redevelopment plan).

Before I leave, I will make the following observations:

EU's years were on and off:

1996 - Shadows of the Empire did the worst, possibly because of overproduction or lack of follow-through (a second wave with characters like Guri and Leebo, amongst others).

1998 - did fine with Dark Empire, Heir to the Empire, and Dark Forces in basic carded figure assortments.

2001 - saw basically prequel concept figures released - of Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Darth Maul. McQuarrie fans: remember - we DID get those.

2003 - tested the waters for the McQuarrie Trooper's first release

2006 - saw Scorch, that Talz Jedi, some Clone Wars characters in Battle Packs, and Sora Bulq was actually an AOTC figure though his character was much expanded on in the EU as one of Dooku's Dark Jedi.

2007 - saw the EU pile on with comic 2-packs from Crimson Empire, Marvel, Heir the the Empire, Republic, Rogue Squadron, Infinities, Clone Wars, Empire, and basic figures from Clone Wars, KOTOR, and probably more.

2008 - is seeing more - basically along these same lines with SOTE returning.

Lord Malakite
06-26-2008, 02:55 PM
1998 - did fine with Dark Empire, Heir to the Empire, and Dark Forces in basic carded figure assortments.
Of course they did fine. Aside from the concept vehicles they were near impossible to find at retail thanks to being shortpacked. :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
06-26-2008, 03:01 PM
One that might be forgotten would be the "Training" Maul with the red piping on his outfit. He's not really a concept figure, though I'm not sure where he'd fit.

Tycho
06-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Of course they did fine. Aside from the concept vehicles they were near impossible to find at retail thanks to being shortpacked. :rolleyes:

I got into brand new cases of some of those figures:

Leia DE, Palpatine DE, Kyle, and Mara, arrived at 2 per case, with 1 Sentinel, 1 or 2 Lukes or Thrawns, and 1 of the other I believe. Prior to that, Luke, Thrawn, and the Sentinel shipped in another case with some "Collection 2 movie figures - probably Lobot, Mon Mothma, Chewie Bounty, and PruneFace at 1 per case from their 2nd issue. The Space Trooper and Dark Trooper were harder to find and came out later due to a delay I think.

One that might be forgotten would be the "Training" Maul with the red piping on his outfit. He's not really a concept figure, though I'm not sure where he'd fit.

That figure is not really "chronology EU" either. In no comic or novel was Maul depicted with red "fringe" on his coat-trimming. That wouldn't be very "Sith" of him either. Yeah, I'm not sure it was even a concept design or if Hasbro was just trying to sell another Maul and got that approved for whatever reason. (read: to make more money)

Lord Malakite
06-26-2008, 07:44 PM
I got into brand new cases of some of those figures:

Leia DE, Palpatine DE, Kyle, and Mara, arrived at 2 per case, with 1 Sentinel, 1 or 2 Lukes or Thrawns, and 1 of the other I believe. Prior to that, Luke, Thrawn, and the Sentinel shipped in another case with some "Collection 2 movie figures - probably Lobot, Mon Mothma, Chewie Bounty, and PruneFace at 1 per case from their 2nd issue. The Space Trooper and Dark Trooper were harder to find and came out later due to a delay I think.
I just know that I personally (though I have them all) have never seen any of them at retail. I only have the set by pure luck. I have Thrawn, Luke, Leia, Sentinel, and Palpatine because JBF got lucky at a KB clearance sale when the employee just happened to bring out the last "unopened" case from the back just as he got there. Kyle, Mara, Dark, and Space I (like probably a few others here) got just because I lucked out with the Fan Club getting/selling them in pairs with those SW Fan Club exclusive badges.

Tycho
06-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Several of my best friends are also Star Wars collectors. They don't post on the boards here, though. But by the nature of our friendship, we share trips to Disneyland, movies, things like that as well - though we all met years ago in the toy isles.

One day when I was actually supposed to go to Disneyland with my buddy and his family, I had decided not too for that particular day trip. So while running errands, I hit Toys R Us.

They not only got in like 5 cases of the C2 EU wave (with Mara, Leia, etc.) but they had them clearanced at $2.98 each or something.

I bought it all and shared the bounty with my pals. Later I got an extra Mara Jade from the same friend as a present, as I think I was searching for more of her (and I got her, more of Leia, etc. as I needed the characters for scenes I decided to do).

I really want my house and the chance to start recreating all this!

There are some things, like Tol Skorr with Asajj Ventress (rumored Republic comic 2-pack) which I have no plans to bother with. It's all a matter of taste and how much I liked a particular series.

I guess I might want to do "Dooku and his Council of Dark Jedi: Quinlan Vos, Sora Bulq, Asajj Ventress, Tol Skorr, General Grievous, etc."

There was once an urban legend that Darth Vader became the Dark Lord of the Sith by killing all his rival Dark Jedi.

Let's see:

He killed Dooku.
I don't remember who killed Sora Bulq.
He might've killed Ventress - but probably not. "Defeated" might apply though.
I don't remember how Tol Skorr died - but I think Quinlan killed him.
Obi-Wan killed Grievous, who wasn't a Dark Jedi anyway.

If Durge could be counted, Anakin did manage to take care of him.

If Aurra Sing were counted, Aayla Secura took care of her the last we heard.

Quinlan Vos survived on the run after Order 66. Rumor is that his son is "Vader's Secret Apprentice" in TFU.

DarkArtist
06-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Tycho,

when did we get a Exar Kun figure... is he rumored or was I just sleeping when he came out ?

Tycho
06-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Tycho,

when did we get a Exar Kun figure... is he rumored or was I just sleeping when he came out ?

According to a Hasbro Q&A, he's in a 2009 Comic 2-pack. Maybe they'll show him at Comic Con.

No word on who the other figure is, but Mandalore is an easy re-pack, while Ulic Qel Droma could be done twice - as Jedi and Sith Lord. Obviously, Nomi Sunrider is the other most likely candidate. But I'd pack the Sith Lord Ulic with Exar, and then do a Jedi pack with Nomi and Light-Side Ulic.

I want a whole more extensive line for TOTJ than this, but that takes care of "the big 3."

In any case, I don't like to "count" the figure myself until I see a hardcopy, but MadSlantedPowers took Hasbro's confirmation as solid enough to pull Exar out of the EU options for the poll he's doing very well at running. I'm inclined to trust his judgement and cautiously say "Exar is coming."

ChrisLyne
07-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Depending on how you want to count you could say that the comic 2 pack Anakins and Obi-Wans (coming with Assasin Droids, Durge, Alpha, etc) are CW figures and therefore count as EU.

I love the list. I just hope the NJO era gets more figures soon (I need to Solo kids as Jedi!).

Tycho
07-13-2008, 07:51 PM
I agree on the Solo Kids (multiple times):

Jaina as teen apprentice
Jaina as Rogue Squadron Pilot
Jaina as NJO Jedi Knight

Jacen as teen apprentice
Jacen as NJO Jedi Knight
Jacen as Darth Caedus

Anakin as teen apprentice
Anakin as NJO teen Jedi warrior

That would be 8 figures from 3 characters. My preference would be for the NJO figures first, followed by Darth Caedus. Still, the YJK stuff should be done, but not as the first priority.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Re-doing Obi-Wan and Anakin because their robes got ripped and singed differently WON'T count in my book. They can be nice figures, but really. And Durge and Ventress have been getting multiples, too. In Grand Admiral Thrawn's or Prince Xizor's cases, I can see it being justified. Ventress and Durge are tougher calls, but you could justify it. Main movie-character Jedi though? I might buy them "battle-damaged," but I don't have to count it as something unique to the EU since they are not.

I'm not even sure Quinlan Vos needs another action figure (he's getting his 2nd) so close to his original 2007 release. But I love Quin's character, so I should just keep my mouth shut. Besides, I hear he's coming with Tholme! Coolness. (That's Quin's master for those not up on this. And Quin is Aayla Secura's master.)

Now I think they should do Ki-Adi Mundi in Tatooine Disguise as A'Sharad Hett's master. That'd be cool and with that hat and accessories, he will not be a repeated movie character unlike the unnecessary resculpt of him we got in the Saga Collection for 2002 or 2003 I think, which was barely different from his 1999 figure. Then we got him in the Jedi Council set and finally AGAIN in the 2005 ROTS collection, though he was nicely updated.

El Chuxter
07-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Darth Stupididea Caedus had better be single-carded or packed with someone really stupid, so no one has to buy him to get a decent character (like Jaina).

Tycho
07-14-2008, 11:30 AM
OK I updated the list of all the EU that's been made (or is coming out). How am I doing?

[Again: This list has been adjusted so that only "chronology characters, not concept figures" are counted]

TOTJ - Mandalore
..........Exar Kun

KOTOR - Darth Revan
............Darth Maleck
............Darth Nihlus

JEDI VS SITH...Darth Bane

REPUBLIC - Dark Woman
...............A'Sharrad Hett
...............Quinlan Vos
...............Villie
...............Obi-Wan Cold Weather Gear
...............Darth Maul shirtless

CLONE WARS - Alpha
.....................Droid
.....................Ventress
.....................Tol Skorr
....................Padme Illum (x2)
....................Chameleon Droid
....................Chameleon Droid (cloaking)
....................Mon Calamari Warrior
....................Durge (x3)
....................Quarren Warrior
....................(various Clones and their Officer variations)
....................Yoda on Kybuck
....................Roron Corab
....................Voolif Mon
....................Talz Jedi (sorry, forgot the name)
....................Obi-Wan Clone Trooper Armor (x2)
....................Anakin Yavin Duel
....................Anakin Nelvanna
...................Clone Scuba Trooper
....................SaeSee Tiin Armor
....................IG Lancer Droid
....................Ashoka
....................Scorch

HOLIDAY SPECIAL...Boba Fett

SOTE.............Dash Rendar
....................Prince Xizor (x2)
....................Luke Coruscant Guard Disguise
....................Chewie Snoova Disguise
....................Swoop Trooper
....................Leia as Xizor's Prisoner

DARK FORCES..Kyle Katarn
....................Dark Trooper

ROGUE SQUADRON..Baron Fel
..........................Hobbie X-wing Pilot

HTTE............Grand Admiral Thrawn (x2)
...................Space Trooper
...................Mara Jade (x2)
...................Luke as Karrde's Prisoner
...................Talon Karrde

DARK EMPIRE..Luke DE
...................Leia DE
...................Palpatine DE
...................Imperial Sentinel

CRIMSON EMPIRE...Kir Kanos
.........................Carnor Jax

NEW JEDI ORDER...Luke Jedi Master
.........................Kyle Katarn Jedi Knight
.........................Yuuzhan Vong Warrior

LEGACY.............Cade Skywalker
.......................Darth Talon
.......................Ganner Krieg
.......................Antarres Draco

Man, we need more TOTJ, KOTOR, Jedi vs. Sith (Githany, Khan, Hoth, Rain, Bug, Tomcat), some Republic, SOTE, Rogue Squadron, Heir to the Empire, Dark Empire, Jedi Academy, New Jedi Order, Legacy

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Now there's those rainbow-colored Crimson Empire figures. There's also the second shirtless Maul and the Jabiim Anakin and Obi-Wan figures, as well as another Anakin in the upcoming Durge Comic Pack (it looks like you've counted Durge already).

Bel-Cam Jos
07-14-2008, 07:44 PM
What about the Comic Pack with Leia from SW: Infinities? I know they don't consider the Infinities or Tales lines as "canon EU," but it's close.

Is C-3PX (or whatever that bounty hunter droid from the Dark Horse series was called) from the Droid Factory exclusives?

Are the cartoonish Clone Wars figures different from the "serious-looking" Clone Wars ones, in your definition, Tycho?

And I say the brown Hoth coat Han is EU... :rolleyes: :votedforblueeventhoughIsawtheactualcostumeupclose anditsreallybrownsowhat:

Tycho
07-14-2008, 10:50 PM
No, the blue coat Hoth Han is the EU one, tribute to Kenner. But it looks better and everyone thinks it's blue when they're watching the movie, too - including myself.

Anakin and Obi-Wan are not going to be counted if they are just in variations of their standard Jedi-wear.

C-3PX should be counted. I'm not sure where he fits in the chronology though. I didn't follow Droids, other than the cartoon show.

I'd count the serious-looking Clone Wars stuff, as it seems to fit the main line, and forget about the rest. I did buy the Cartoon Network figures though. They were kind of cute.

The Leia Infinities begs the question of whether that figure can stand in for Leia during her mainline EU adventures. She started but never completed her Jedi training. She was elected Chief of State to succeed Mon Mothma. (Why they didn't say Supreme Chancellor, I don't know.) She retained a Senate seat in the New Republic afterward (Alderaan had a seat but no planet - it's a nice sympathetic gesture I guess - but they do have a refugee population. So I guess it's sort of like if the Palestinians got a seat at the United Nations.) And Leia also went through 2 pregnancies - the twins, and then Anakin. She later became an executive of SELCORE, a refugee relief organization which aided those displaced by the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

I'm going to go to the Comics and Books forum and start a thread "The Career of Princess Leia."

El Chuxter
07-14-2008, 11:22 PM
C-3PX appeared in several different stories, most prominently the Droids miniseries, set sometime between ROTS and ANH.