PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Micro Machines

sovereign
08-23-2001, 07:22 PM
uuuuhhhhhh........I'm new here and I wanted to know if we could start a petition to get ST Micros back:confused:

vulcantouch
08-23-2001, 11:38 PM
. . .i'll be happy to sign, sov :)

sovereign
08-24-2001, 01:07 AM
I came from the board that has Captian Kirk on it, and I must say I love how u r layething the smacketh down on his candy *** :D Unfortunately, I'm too much of a moron to Orchestrate a petition:p Would I do it by email:confused: But I shall try!!!! I know the scalpers u r talking about. Every time I go to ebay I always see sb114 as the high bidder for the auction I have my eye on, and I have seen H2racers mall (outrageous prices). I tried to negotiate with him but it was either his way or no way. So Hats off to u mr touch!!!!!!!!!!!!

britcit3
08-24-2001, 02:09 AM
Nice to see you over here Soveriegn.

On this board, you will learn that you can expand your collectionwith the help of other collectors WITHOUT being completely ripped off - SCALPERS are shown short shrift here.

ST MM petition - probably a problem there as Galoob (Hasbro) lost the license from Paramount to produce them (they actually WANTED to make more apparently).

The moderator of this board organised a petition for the return of SW MM's, so it may be worth having a chat with him - his name is Jeditricks.

Cheers & once again welcome.

Britcit3

sovereign
08-24-2001, 02:55 AM
I emailed JediTricks. So how does this board work? I have 32 ST MMs down and 22 to go ( I think)

britcit3
08-24-2001, 03:11 AM
Hi

there are 53 ST MM's in total plus the Captains Yacht.

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
08-24-2001, 03:26 AM
Hmmmm... maybe if copies were sent to Paramount, Hasbro and the company that is going to make the new Trek toys?

I'd be glad to sign! :D

Hmm... I only get 52 after the Captain's Yacht minus any paint variants.... are you counting paint variants? like Generation&1st release Klingon Bird of Prey? There were also some darker versions of Romulan Warbirds and Ferengi Marauders along with BORG Cubes... I may have mis-counted though...

britcit3
08-24-2001, 04:01 AM
I make 3 ships * 16 sets, plus the 5 ships from the collectors editions - Ent E, Ent A, Future Klingon, Future Ent D & Pasteur - makes 53.

This does include the 2 Klingon BOP's - but they do have different paint schemes - the Generations version has more detail and more realistic colour.

Cheers

BC3

ScottKey
08-24-2001, 07:42 AM
ok, so if everyone is so nice and fair at this forum, do any of yall know where i can get the kazon torpedo, the caretaker's array, the bajoran sailing vessel, or the captain's yacht at a decent price?

Scott

good shot jansen
08-24-2001, 08:38 AM
the way we help one another around here, is by developing a communal relationship bond, around the discussion of micro machines.

this forum is primarely a star wars site, and as such, most of the topics involve star wars toys that were manufactured by galoob.

the forum does discuss other galoob lines (star trek, galaxy voyagers, military, alien, predater, et. cte), but our primary function is the discussion of star wars.

the trading community which has transpired here, is an enjoyable off shoot, not the main purpose.

it is during the course of our micro machine related posts, where the needs of others are duely noted, and if someone happens to find, what someone might be lookin for, it is posted here and an equitable trade agreement is usually worked out.

scottkey, you have indicated your wants, and they will be taken in consideration, however, we are not a forum where one pops in once, and asks the going price for a particular toy.

our community is world wide with regular posters chiming in from all corners of the globe. particular wants and needs, which can not be found in your backyard, might be available elsewhere.

case in point:

about 6 month ago, i noticed that someone from england had posted to the old classified section in the old forum, that they were looking for an action fleet tie defender (usually goes these days for $150.00 and up on ebay), and were willing to trade some htf potf figures for it. as i don't collect potwhatever, but i was after the later releases of the mm x-rays which were only released in europe, and just happened to have a dupe defender handy, i offered him the defender in exchange for him to track down the x-rays. he agreed, and i mailed him the defender asap.

several months had gone by, no luck on the x-rays, but he vigilently kept me up to date, so that i would not worry that he wuz going awol.

well to bring this story to a close, i just got word that he has tracked down the x-rays, and that they are winging they're way to me.

in the mean time, we have been corrosponding regularly, and are helping each other out, with not only our own needs, but the needs of others.

i highly recommend that you stay a spell, get to know everyone here, and in time, i'm sure you will be more than pleased with your ssg mm forum experience.

welcome to ssg!

ScottKey
08-24-2001, 08:47 AM
well, i was just posting the trek micros i'm still looking for. i was half awake when i had posted earlier.

anyway, i'm all for helping out my fellow collector, and i'm sure i'll be around for a while.

got to head out to work, but it's nice to finally see a forum where the members are constantly bashing one another.

see yall around later this evening.

scott

JediTricks
08-24-2001, 10:05 AM
Bashing is not our thing, especially here in the MM secton, where we are all just waiting for Hasbro to get those new pieces out into our hands. So, let me welcome the new folks to the board, it's nice to see some fresh faces in here.

As for a petition, it'd be a good idea to get someone who's EXTREMELY motivated and willing to make a small petition site and surf EVERY Trek forum out there (that means actually being a part, can't just drop in and say "save the Trek MMs" and leave forever, nobody respects that IMO). It'd be nice to have a big Trek site to host or back the petition too, and I don't really know who this petition would go to, though I replied to Sovereign with some ideas.

BTW VT, you'll have a good assortment of STMMs mailed to you from me like I owe you, but it'll be on Monday thanks to a hectic pre-birthday schedule that dwarfs my already-hectic schedule. "Thank you for continuing to hold, our representatives will be with you shortly."

vulcantouch
08-24-2001, 03:26 PM
jt: "Bashing is not our thing"
-personally i enjoy a good bash now & agin- right sov? :D

gsj: "our primary function is the discussion of star wars"
-not for Me it ain't :P MY "primary discussion function" is scifimms, so :p ;) it also doesn't matter to me if someone pops in, asks for & gets an assist, pays for it & then is never heard from again. after all, toys, and their efficient delivery into the hands of those who want them, Is the point of our assists. if a newbie feels like chiming in regularly here, fine, but i'd certainly never condition my assistance on his doing so. that'd make this too much like a clique :o

sk: "nice and fair" is one thing; immediate results are another. the priorities re our assists here are ethics and possibilities.
the simple fact is, paying more than srp for anything'd leave a sour taste in my mouth, so much so that i'd rather go without it altogether. (i already got plenty of mms to keep me busy anyway :) ) as a result, i direct my assistance efforts towards helping other mm collectors avoid the same distaste whenever possible. i don't always get results- or i sometimes make people wait Forever for those results- but i've beaten the odds plenty of times, & helped others complete their collections for a Fraction of what they'd otherwise pay.
specify here your max acceptable prices & min. acceptable conditions, and i (& others here) will keep an eye out for opportunities to satisfy your wants. meanwhile, if you decide you don't wanna wait any longer, let us know that too so any finds can be diverted to the next person :)
vt
np: schoolhouse rock (feat. leon redbone?), "conjunction junction"
p.s. -hey jt, do you own an hms bounty k-bop? if so, maybe you have an xtra farragut & spacedock shuttle? if so, feel free to enclose them too :):):)

good shot jansen
08-24-2001, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
hey jt, do you own an hms bounty k-bop? if so, maybe you have an xtra farragut & spacedock shuttle? if so, feel free to enclose them too :):):)

you need?

i gots!

i assume you already have a needy home for em to go to.

lmk (i know, i know, i should jes send em all, but's i gots to ask anyway. besides it's rare that you pop up with a specific request, and as i am always trying to impress ya with my mm savvy(hey, it's only been since last october when i saw the light on these lil guys), and it's always soooooo tough to find something for a vulcan who has everything(including an intimate portrait account on one coco chanel):rolleyes:, i'm kinda hoping that you lost or broke your farragut and shuttle, and i am sweepin' in like a knight in shining armour to save the day)(how's that for lamo postin'?)

any way.........................................

on a sw level (regardless of what you say, we ARE a primary sw board:p :p :p ) (besides, you never know who might be lissenin') ;), the brittish gentleman who just bagged me the x-rays, has informed me that he purchased ep I sets XII and XIII yesterday, so they is definately lurkin' around the toy shops of merrie ol' england.

i just bagged him some lord of the ring figures, which he is having a tough time finding over there, so's i may have a deal in the werkz for possibly scroungin up some more of these. i will keep the faithful informed.

britcit3
08-24-2001, 05:14 PM
Hey GSJ

Where did he bag them ? - I'm still lookin' for them for you guys Stateside.

Cheers

BC3

PS did he bag 12 & 13 for you and if so do you still need 11 (the Rep Cruiser set)?

ScottKey
08-24-2001, 05:25 PM
vulcan, i did mean "nice and fair" as opposed to "give it to me now damn you" heh i've been collecting the trek micros since 94, and i've waited this long, so i'm really in no hurry to get the few remaing that i need.

as to which micros i am still searching for, they are as follows:

Caretaker's Array
Bajoran Sailing Vessel
Kazon Torpedo

and the ever elusive
Captain's Yacht

i consider these the most difficult trek micros to find, simply because they were not included with any of the large collector's sets, they had a very limited run, and in the case of the captain's yacht, no one really knew about it until all the scalpers gobbled them all up.

i don't mind if any of these are loose or still in the box. i already know i'm gonna open em up, play with them a bit, display them, and play with them some more. heh since these are the most difficult to find, i'd probably be willing to spend about $10-15 for each of them, possibly a bit more.

i'm not really keen on the idea of trading for another trek micro, simply because they're just so cool and i'd like to have as many as possible, but i can always search my area (san antonio, tx) for anything that any of yall might be looking for.

scott

sovereign
08-24-2001, 06:07 PM
Hi peoples :D I am going to try to start a ST MM petition, so email me at moondogy1@hotmail.com with your first and last name in the subject + OK (ex: Jacob Alexander, OK) Your name will not be made public. I want to bring back ST MMs made before 1997 and/or have new ships made that came out after 1997 (such as Insurrection ships and Enterprise-NX-01). We dont have a company to back the petition yet but I just want to get the names for now.

vulcantouch
08-24-2001, 06:15 PM
now hear this gsj, jt et al: i can always shunt your unwanted xtras (esp. tail-enders like these) to where they're wanted efficiently, with a minimum of fuss and ZERO markup :) just enclose em in the pkgs you're already assembling for me, no need for special shipments :) actually, my "specific request" to jt was actually more of a "specific reminder", cuz jt's notoriously fuzzy about what's in his collection, & i'm notoriously precise re deducing same from 1000 miles away, buttinsky that i am ;)
btw gsj, now that you recently completed your stmm collection, when do we get to hear your thoughts on the line as a whole? also, whaddya think of kaztorp/array (the last 2 you needed)? :)
same goes for you jdah! wax poetic bout your le set 1! btw, are there any ships in it you don't want? exclusive ent-a, maybe? ;) (can't blame a guy 4 tryin :) )

sk: "i've waited this long, so i'm really in no hurry"
-you hear that everyone?? i must have me a damn twin!! ;) That's the spirit sk, with a stubborn attitude like that you'll outlast the scalpers every time :):):)
vt
np: the 3 shatners, "rocket man" ("i think it's gonna be a long. . . .LONNNNNGGG. . . .time" :o )

JediTricks
08-25-2001, 11:19 AM
p.s. -hey jt, do you own an hms bounty k-bop? if so, maybe you have an xtra farragut & spacedock shuttle? if so, feel free to enclose them too :):):) While I do own an HMS Bounty B.o.P., I don't have an "xtra" Farragut or Spacedock. That's like asking me if I have an "xtra" nose or an "xtra" prototype AF E-wing. No, I have ONE of each of those, tragically. You'll never know how difficult it was parting with the MMs I'm sending you in trade for Warstar's Sisko Sailor, I like to have a big fleet, now I'm down to one of almost everything.:eek:

ScottKey
08-25-2001, 03:36 PM
ya know, i forgot to mention that i'm also looking for on of the nx-2000 excelsiors

Huckleberry Josh
08-26-2001, 02:39 PM
Star Trek ......here ? You should know better than that dude !J/K :p

jeddah
08-28-2001, 05:30 AM
HIGHLY UNLIKELY :p

As you are aware, my collection of ST mms may be on the rise ;)

jeddah

vulcantouch
08-28-2001, 11:22 AM
it was my intent to clean you out of All yer dupes, you duplicitous hider-of-things-from-me ;) after all, given a choice between quantity & VarieTy, who Wouldn't choose the latter? :) meanwhile, since you brought it up: hey jt, do you have an extra nose? :eek:
jdah: actually i Didn't know you were interested in getting more stmms. unless you've got some sweet source you haven't mentioned to me, considering how late in the game you're getting on board, you have my sympathies :o
speaking of sympathies, anyone so inclined may express same to jdah re this (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=446). personally, my vulcan training precludes such sentiments, so count me out :eek:
sk: i know a canadian collector who goes by the handle of ncc-2000 on ebay, between b'jr & whom i've arranged numerous excelsior trades, including an nx i personally owned (beofre i decided i didn't give a damn about such a minor, non-aesthetic-affecting VarianT). he has at least 3 nxs that i know, but i couldn't say whether he'd be interested in parting with it. i'll bring this thred to his attention :)
sov: emailed to you my name & (that of a coupla fellow stmm collectors) for your petition :)
btw, have y'all seen in the new 5" captyacht (http://www.fanmedia.com/startrek/FamilyDetail.asp?FamilyNumber=754&Search=FamilyNumber) in the latest stfanclub catalog-wrapped-in-a-fanzine (as jt's rightly christened it)? damn, this thing's detail's Way more meticulous & accurate than our coVeTed playmates pseudo-mm! Damn! why couldn't this damn thing've been 2 1/2" long, and only cost $2, like any other mm? :mad:
vt
np: b52's, "song for a new generation" ("wanna Beeee, captain of the enterprise; wanna Beeee, king of the SULUs" ;) )

good shot jansen
08-29-2001, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by britcit3
did he bag 12 & 13 for you and if so do you still need 11 (the Rep Cruiser set)?

he's telling me fer the moment he may want to keep those sets, but if he dicides to part with em, he'll send em my way, so fer the moment i got's nuthin':(

he also indicated that he paid quite a bit o' scratch fer em, so's i'm 'summin' he got em from a snaggletooth type:mad:

anyway, i sent him some of your possible best huntin' grounds fer em o're in merry ol'e england, so maybe he'll stumble upon a secret cache!:D

np: buddy holly and the crickets - maybe baby

jeddah
08-29-2001, 10:01 AM
Hi VT,

Yeah, I know I know I know but what can ya do? You know, if there were AF ST then I'd be after them. As it is, I've got the AF-scale set minus a couple (I got a Ferengi Marauder, Ent-alphabet, Maquis and Cardy yellow stingray) what ever ones they are -K-Bop and Rom-Bop?

I'm not mad to collect the mms but will pick em up as and when, and not in a completist way. The only ones I've got are the ones that BritC got me in the presetation set, but that's a good start.

I just wanted a big scale Defiant and now you've scored me that ERTL model, I'm trés happy :D

jeddah

good shot jansen
08-29-2001, 10:57 AM
which indicate on their web site that they have the following strike force toys for $10.00 apiece

Strike Force miniatures
USS enterprise 1701-D #1520
Cardassian warship # 321
Klingon Bird of Prey #449
Borg Temple #33154
Klingon Great Hall #21609

you may want to let vt know if interested, as they are in his home space port!

if so, i will forward the pertinent info his way.

of other st related internet news, an on-line store in new joisey (tamdee), had listed on their site that they had the insurrection ent-e for 39.99, i called them up (trying to see if i could score sum capt's yacht's fer you all), and they informed me that someone, just yesterday, bought all 15 they had:mad:

expect to see a new bounty crop of these ill gotten goods to show up on ebay anytime soon:mad:

jeddah
08-29-2001, 12:38 PM
Thanks GSJ (once again for all your help), but until I move and get myself sorted I am not after anything.

Did I tell you guys that I am moving to the house next door?

jeddah

good shot jansen
08-29-2001, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by jeddah

Did I tell you guys that I am moving to the house next door?

jeddah

i assume in spite of this newly posted caveat, all packages heading east in your direction, will still find their way to the intended recipient?

jeddah
08-30-2001, 04:48 AM
The postman knows us personally, if there is a problem, but in any case we woun't complete for a month at least.

I shall make arrangements. It didn't even occur to me

:)

jeddah

good shot jansen
08-30-2001, 08:26 AM
the sisko sailor (thanx vt! :) ), voyager, and enterprise d with removable saucer, moved into masons play rotation. the sailor at last report was the personal all purpose, heavily modifed star fighter of grand moff tarkin,(and boy is vader jealous!), while the ent-d and voyager, are captured newly designed imperial star cruisers which have been retrofitted and incorporated into the rebel fleet!

i make this announcement, as this is the 1st time, that mason has begun to co-mingle sw & st mm's into a single scenario!

np: the cars - shake it up

JediTricks
08-30-2001, 10:02 AM
it was my intent to clean you out of All yer dupes, you duplicitous hider-of-things-from-me ;) after all, given a choice between quantity & VarieTy, who Wouldn't choose the latter? :) meanwhile, since you brought it up: hey jt, do you have an extra nose? :eek:

...btw, have y'all seen in the new 5" captyacht (http://www.fanmedia.com/startrek/FamilyDetail.asp?FamilyNumber=754&Search=FamilyNumber) in the latest stfanclub catalog-wrapped-in-a-fanzine (as jt's rightly christened it)? damn, this thing's detail's Way more meticulous & accurate than our coVeTed playmates pseudo-mm! Damn! why couldn't this damn thing've been 2 1/2" long, and only cost $2, like any other mm? :mad:I don't have an extra nose; long story short, I lost one in a terrible accident where I was attempting to spite my own face.

As for my dupes, there are some I probably won't get rid of ever, because I really do make dioramas and "play" with my ships, but I gave up some that I thought I wouldn't... I really can't believe I gave you one of my 2 big ol'... well, you'll see. ;)

That Captain's Yacht is very nice, but the price is very UNnice. While it looks good, it's just AF sized and not a vehicle we saw a whole lot of anyway (though it DID do something in the film). I don't understand why Playmates didn't do more shuttles and stuff like this that made sense as an Action Fleet rip offs instead of radically changing the larger ship's designs to hold mini figures.

vulcantouch
08-31-2001, 12:06 PM
ncc2000 has responded to your request for an nx, as follows:
I'll go get my box of stmms and get out the NXs, and see if one of them I can put up with parting with. Gimme a min............................................... ..........................
.................................................. ..........................
...................Ok...found them. Small box + Lots of stmms = Hell. Only 2 are loose. The other two are still in their packages, a 3piece and a 9piece. After looking over these two, I can say that I will part with one. Let me know what I can get in return for it, and We'll see :) Now you go 'do your thing' and tell them what I told you here. :)
ok sk, now you do Your thing and get in touch w/him directly :) email me if you want his address & i'll give it to you :)
ongoing mystery of jt's identity is solved: he is none other than Mark Hamill, who Also collects sw and Also lost his nose in a post-anh accident (was subsequently reconstructed from his ear cartilege) :eek:
big ol' What? :confused: ok, fine, there're some dupes you Won't part with; but tell me Which ones anyway, just outta curiosity: any tailenders? :)

"not a vehicle we saw a whole lot of anyway"
-sigh, we've had this debate before, but: we don't see a whole lot of princess stephanie either (and she Certainly doesn't "do much" :p), but if i could get an economical clone of her i wouldn't kick That outta bed 4 eatin crackers :) yacht Looks cool and is a unique design, That's what counts, not its screen time :rolleyes:
vt
np: thomas dolby, "screen kiss"

good shot jansen
09-06-2001, 09:05 AM

btw gsj, now that you recently completed your stmm collection, when do we get to hear your thoughts on the line as a whole? also, whaddya think of kaztorp/array (the last 2 you needed)?

lemmeseeee :)

1st off, the torp and array are definately two of my faves! the color of the torp is an amazing contrast of colors. when placed next to the kazon fighter, the varying degrees of purple, with the splash of yellow from the torp, make these two a winning combination. the other two kazons (mothership and raider), although interestingly shaped (my hats off to galoob on the well crafted mixture of rounded edges and right angles on the raider) really hold nothing for me.

the array is magnificent in sheer size alone! i wuz not expectin this guy to be so big!

my favorite of the federation large ships is a toss up between voyager and the ent e. i love the blue nacelles on the e (too bad they couldn't have made en transparent ala the capt' yacht).

voyager shape translated well as a mm. the movable nacelles is of course a major plus!

the defiant is my favorite of the federation mid size ships. funny, at 1st i didn't like it at all, but over time i find myself picking up that one, and swooshing it around the room quite a bit. the different shades of blue, with white features works very well on this platypus of a ship. it's interesting to look at from all angles.

the voyager shuttle wins hands down for small federation ships. nothing else comes close shape or color wise (honorable mention goes to the capt' yacht, but being how this one ain't no mm, i shouldn't mention it at all!)

as fer the klingons, it's a toss up between the dark green bop and the bounty.

of course the bounty is super cool with it's movable wings (which makes it the better looking one when displayed on a stand), but i still like the overall paint job of the dark green one (particularly the subtle textures applied to the feathering of the wing, it makes it shimmer when the light hits it right!) honorable mention goes to the d7 battle wagon 9but of course that's prolly due more to nostalgic memories than anything else)

as fer the romulans, the bop still gets my nod. i love the shape of this ship, and the bird graphic on the underside is so menacing when it swoops in fer the kill.

of the deep space 9 aliens, again it's a toss up between jem hadar and the obsidian. the jem hadar gets the prince favorite ship award due to it's wonderful purple shading, and the obsidian scale and massing is so much better shown than on the galor.

i like all the space stations, when grouped all together, along with cloud city, tibana gas and the death stars, they are all really cool lookin!

ships that i can take or leave (can't really say that i dislike any of em, but the following is a list of those i ain't too crazy about)

ferengi marauder (compared with the detail of just about everyother ship in the line, da heck happened here? they coulda etched a few more grooves in the ol die stamper if ya ask me :p)
numiri (if only it was a different color scheme i might have liked it better)
space dock shuttle (or as i recall, you refer to it as the ol' bar of soap)
grissom (having just watched st III this weekend, this ship is really a disapointment as an mm, when it looked quite good in the movie)
borg cube (did they have to make sooooooooo many :rolleyes: )

the one thing that i will say with regards to the entire line, when displayed, with each group of ships gathered together based on their affiliation, the star trek mm's are far more satisfying, eye candy wise than their star wars counter parts.

vulcantouch
09-19-2001, 12:46 PM
from pg. 302 of terry erdmann's encyclopedic Deep Space Nine Companion, behind-the-scenes info re 4th season's (topically enough) Homefront/Paradise Lost 2-parter, specifically the built-for-those-episodes starfleet command building model "inspired, in part, by the general motors pavillion in the 1964 world's fair":
"although it's nearly impossible to see them on a television screen, the front of the building is detailed with statues of famous starships. (galoob Star Trek toys were used for this aspect of the composition.)"
accompanying foto seems to indicate presence of 1701, ent-a and reliant. a fourth, unseen ship may also be present judging from a shadow it seems to be throwing :)

gsj: "star trek mm's are far more satisfying, eye candy wise than their star wars counter parts"
-i always agreed with this because of stmm's wider, more modulated range of hues; but imo with ep1 the swmm line has begun to rival stmm color sublimity. i hope trend continues w/ep2&3- and of course yet-unavailable ep1 ships :)

"(defiant's) interesting to look at from all angles"
-aside, of course, from its needlessly inacurrate underside :rolleyes:

"the obsidian scale and massing is so much better shown than on the galor"
-actually, i consider the galor's massing the more skillful & elegant composition. also, its detailing is more minute :) what i prefer about the obsidian, on the other hand, is its more exuberant palette and more esoteric associations (this design aside was only featured in personal-fave 3rd-season eps "defiant" and "the die is cast") :) what i'm tryina say is i dig em both so much i'd hate to have to choose between em :)
what struck me about array, rather than its size, was the ambitiousness of its translation; depiction of such a skeletal structure in that scale & material required inevitable concessions, but undaunted galoob remained, and the resultant toy's impressive :)
my overall fave klingon is the flagship; my fave klingon translation is the hms k-bop (besides its yummy guac color, i too think the wings look cooler pulled up than down) :)
it's not so much the shape of the voy that impressed me in mm form as the visual texture & density of its detailing (as with farragut); somethin aboot it comes 2gether real nicelike :)
vt
np: chicago, "color my world"

good shot jansen
10-19-2001, 08:35 AM
some more observations on a theme.

the ent -c has got to be the worst assembled mm yet!:mad:

it reminds me of the product that detroit tried to cram down our throats in the 70's. pieces don't quite fir right, detailing very sloppy.

the connection of the saucer section to the body is atrocious!

unfortunately the same can be said (fortunately to a lesser degree) for the ent -e :(

waht happened here, did the plastic heat welding machine take a dump?

i love the subtle differences between the excelsior, and the ent-b! brilliant! i had 1st thought that they were just repaint twins, but upon comparing the two, i was delighted to find that they were indeed two different ships! hats off to galoob for this bit of joy!:D

btw, on one of my exel's, the top saucer marking is nx-2000, while the underside of the saucer is ncc-2000!:eek: of the two others, one is ncc top and bottom, the other is nx top and bottom.

ofr some strange reason, i've taken a strong liking for the numiri ship. on 1st look, it appears to be a black boring piece o' dreck, but upon closer examination of it's subtle hues of purple, blue grey and silver, the craft takes on a somewhat deceptively attractive appearance when viewed from different angles. all in all, a very well detailed, nicely produced mm! :cool:

more observations to follow............................

np: the firm - startrekkin'

JediTricks
10-19-2001, 11:07 PM
The Ent-A is the most disappointing IMO in terms of saucer connection being sloppy, and it's the one MM that's virtually impossible to replace (as well as being my favorite Enterprise, I really don't understand Galoob's thinking making that ship the HTF one). Come to think of it, the Ent E the Defiant, and the Ent A are the 3 ships in my collection I've replaced with pewter due to accuracy concerns.

vulcantouch
10-20-2001, 03:50 PM
in that case, lmk if you don't want yer "crappy" ent-a, ent-e & defiant mms :) if so, shipping for your d blueprint's'll be free :D
it's not imPOSSible to replace ent-as, i used to bullseye them for b'jr in my t-16 back home ;) i've been able to get him 3 complete, plus a couple busted ones he's still deciding what to do with (repair? customize into new ships?) :)
my personal ent-a is flawless (or close enough for my taste anyway- sometimes you don't mind certain kinds of flaws, know what i mean?), but its saucer was initially affixed off-kilter. so i just cut the connection point w/a razor, then re-glued it straighter :) but i agree that galoob making it an exclusive Was stupid :mad:
my association with b'jr has afforded me the opportunity to closely examine many multiples of pretty much every mm ship made. in doing so, i've been able to discern patterns re what ship designs were chronically plagued with certain kinds of flaws as a result of the manufacturing process. because of this, i've also been able to gain a bit more objectivity re the difference between manufacturing flaws chronic to a particular ship design and charismatic failings of a particular design ;) unlike gsj i haven't noticed Too many connection problems re ent-c, but he's correct in that pretty much every ent-c's saucer seems pulled like taffy to starboard. same goes for stargazer :(
what i don't get about the ent-e is why they bothered to make the body & saucer 2 pieces that require subsequent gluing? it's not like doing so helped them with any mold undercuts, and every step added to assembly increases cost. so why didn't they just make it one piece (not counting the nacelles- but for that matter they coulda been made part of the same piece without much loss. maybe in return we coulda got a lot more hull detailing? :( ) it's not like the 2-piece decision allowed them to save That much plastic by hollowing out its "neck" :rolleyes:

gsj: "top saucer marking is nx-2000, while the underside of the saucer is ncc-2000"
-our canadian stmm-collectin pal ncc-2000 might be interested in this VarianT; i'll bring it to his attention, maybe you & him can do some biz :)

"i love the subtle differences between the excelsior, and the ent-b"
-all the same, if i hadda choice between getting 2 nearly-identical ships or a completely unique design like cardie patroller, jemhadar battleship etc, there'd be no contest :)
vt
np: elton, "goodbye yeller brick road"

good shot jansen
10-23-2001, 11:38 AM
and that puppy is perfect! guess i jes got a bad one in my three pack. as fer the saucer section on both of em (igot third one somewhere as well), niether one is listing to the side, so i guess that's a hit or miss quality control thang as well.

i agree with you vt, about the two piece ent-e. what the hell was they thinking? sometimes when the light catches it right, the jointing between the two sections can get down right annoying to notice.:mad: oh well, i guess we should just consider us lucky that we even have an ent-e to gripe about!

i guess the ent-a also falls under the hit or miss catagory, mine is perfect, and is actually one of my better ships with regards to all around quality.

vt, tell your friend (who i' assumin' is the same person who you had once referred to as an excelsior freak some time ago), that he is welcome to the nx top ncc bottom. better yet, you're welcome to it, and if you choose, you may surprize him with it! you're call. i'll enclose it in my upcomin' package to you.

np: jurassic 5 - quality control

vulcantouch
10-31-2001, 11:10 PM
. . . & i'm loathe to start new threds when existent ones serve just fine, i'll say thanx gsj Here, upon the arrival of your latest pkg :D here's what he sent:
die-cast ent-a and k-bop, kinda goofy lookin compared to mms but appreciated nontheless :)
-loose stmms, heavy on the klingons: kbop, d7, vorcha, 2 gen kbops, spacedock shuttle and farragut :)
all of above are destined for conscription into b'jr's fleet, for which he axed me to convey thanx to gsj on his be 1/2 :)
now what's really important to me:
-hallmark droid fighter and nabfighter ornaments; smaller than i expected, but still intriguing. and did you know the n1 has 2-part construction that allows for hull separation undercuts not featured on our mms?? :) you want review, jt?? here' syour review :) i got so intrigued by these that i stopped at a hallmark to see the control ship and starfleet legends ornies in person. (i too tried to buy the display ones; no joy :p ) can't wait for my control ship (thanx agin swaffy :) ); as for the starfleets, Damn they actually look pretty good! a nice sub for anyone who doesn't want a long, costly hunt for mms of ent-e, voy & defiant :) if only they were a little bigger; while voy's nacelles don't pivot, these ships' detail is actually Superior to their galoob siblings. ent-e has a particularly elegant silhouette, and while the defiant's underlying shapes (warp cowls, bridge disc, forward nose etc) lack a some deftness in execution, the detail & paintjob On those shapes is sublime :o i'm gonna try scoring these on ebay for under $6, so until i can the restaya stay the helloutamyway ;)
-mm-sized 1980 buck rogers diecast ship bc3 sent to gsj, who gave it up to me when i whined (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=7057#post7057) :rolleyes: hell, I'd never do that; this thing's Way too cool :cool: it even balances like a glove on an mm stand :)
-finally the b5 #6 packaging, complete with multi-height bubble to accomodate the ef1 ship, real cool :) which reminds me, are you going to be sending bc3 any stuff gsj, or should i send him the 6-back b5 card myself? lmk :)
he also sent a perfect-sized box i can use for jt's blueprinks :)
speakin of whom, that grissom jt said he sent stillhasn't turned up; hey, for that matter, gsj forgot to send ncc/nx 2000 like he sed he was gonna (see above post) :o don't mind me fellers (and Don't rush special shipments containing just that one ship :rolleyes: )- lookin gift horses in they mouths' just my nature :cool:
hey gsj, if you look closer at your "perfect" ent-c, i bet you'll find its saucer is taffy-pulled, however slightly, to port :o i've never seen One that wasn't, and i've seen a bunch.
thanx agin geeser ;)
vt
np: inner city, "do ya"

LTBasker
10-31-2001, 11:55 PM
No matter the perfection levels in how the Enterprise-C is put together in the neck connections, it's still an ugly connector piece... The Enterprise-C mm wouldn't be so bad if it had a decent neck, IMO.

I didn't know you could balance a glove on an MM stand... :P

good shot jansen
11-01-2001, 06:52 AM
i included the loose die cast's as they were part of an auction i had won, and i have packaged ones at home!

as fer the heavy on the klingon pieces, those were all the dupes i had laying around in an open state. as more and more packages get opened, there will be more dupes headin' in your direction. i just haven't gotten around to extractin' the ncc/nx excel yet. once i have sufficient quantities, i will send off another salvo!

i hope to have your gsj groove done by that time.

i will also include the badly connected saucer sectioned c at that time, if not for any other reason, despite it's short comings, the saucer ain't taffy pulled to the port side!, tonight when i go's home, i will double check the "perfect" c, but i did study it to some length, and as i recall, the saucer is dead on!

i just sent brit cit a rather large shipment, so i have nothing pending to go in his direction, if you got a shipment headin' in brit cit's direction, by all means send him the bab 5 set 5 packaging. if it ain't too much trouble, can you send me the stands which comes with that set though? i'm using up all my extras to display the ones which never came with stands (the bhastads!):mad:

hey i got a good idea for cost savin's, why don't they just not include the ship, and sell us only packaging:rolleyes:

see, i can be a rhode island bean counter too

np: dana spencer - oh listen rhode island (actually don't listen rhide island, i don't want to give you any ideas):eek:

jeddah
11-01-2001, 09:44 AM
GSJ,
I'll pop my stands in your mail-o-joy; how many do you need?
jeddah

good shot jansen
11-01-2001, 10:03 AM
as many as you care to spare?:)

xoxoxoxoxo;)

thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JediTricks
11-01-2001, 10:42 AM
VT, thanks for the review of the Trek sets, I'm definitely going to try to get those now. I cannot believe you lost that USS Grissom, that's a major bummer. LMK when to pay you for the shipping on those blueprints and how much. You know what's scary? This will be the first thing I've gotten from you mailed at the postal media rate that will actually QUALIFY for that rate! ;)

That Ertl Die Cast Enterprise (originally from ST3) is one of my favorite toys! Luckily for me, I have one of those to replace the one I thrashed as a kid AND I have the Racing Champs pewter Ent-A which is fraggin' great.

jeddah
11-01-2001, 02:12 PM
mon plaisur! :)

jeddah

vulcantouch
11-02-2001, 11:42 AM
jt: hey i didn't lose Nuthin, you fogrot to Enclose it :p major bummer? oh, i think he'll live (http://fan.starwars.com/sabretoothcollection/files/aut_4204bjcollectionupstairs_7f.jpg) ;) saw these a second time and they Really are small :( starfleet legends, now on display o-o-p at a hallmark near you (btw, every hallmark i've been to currently has plenty of sets of these for sale) :)
gsj: aNother salvo? heavens, you do like to keep up a pace, doncha ;) and, uh, YAA-uh, i think you Are gonna get the b5 #5's stands, considering you paid $25 for that set :o
jdah: & i'll take any you Can't spare :p
vt
np: taste of honey, "boogie oogie oogie"

jeddah
11-03-2001, 06:42 AM
VT, you already have some coming from me, but I'll see what else is lying around ::::::just to be sure::::::: so :p :p

jeddah

JediTricks
11-03-2001, 09:05 AM
I'm pretty sure that sucker was in the package I sent to you, pretty DARN sure. I know this, I certainly don't have it. Clearly you aren't starving for one though. ;) I could use a few of those Space Docks, though it looks like you're planning to throw a party and use them for drink umbrellas. :D

I went and looked at the Starfleet Legends set, and everything in your review is right on, but unfortunately, your addendum is equally accurate, those suckers are SMALL AS HECK! I saw the DS9 ornament they're supposed to hang from (which makes little sense, they're supposed to hang from the upper pylons, but they're all way out of scale) and even though it's twice as much, I'm gonna get one for sure - it lights up at the central core underside AND at the outer ring docking ports, and it's got a base and a voice, plus it looks great.

BTW, you're right about the Ep 1 3pack ornaments, that droid control ship is a good replacement for an MM version. I'm sticking with the AF one m'self, but I can see you MM purists being excited on this one, it'll be worth the after-xmas sale price.

britcit3
11-06-2001, 11:08 AM
Got some new stuff from Gary Perry

http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/custom.htm

pics are rubbish though.

And sorry guys, Gary will only ever send me one of each - he never parts with more (i've tried asking him for stuff on behalf of other people before).

Cheers

BC3

vulcantouch
11-06-2001, 11:47 PM
bc3 is apologizing reflexively cuz, with my long history of persistent beggery i've Trained him to feel guilty if he can't get me free resins ;) no problem, unless they were ~$2 each and prepainted (like our beluvved mms), i wouldn't be nuts about acquiring them resins anyway Except as a freebie. meanwhile, i'm quite content to just view bc3's gussied-up copies on his webpage :cool:
jt: after-xmas sale? hadn't heard of that. what's the typical discount? 75%? :)
so, has anyone drilled an mm stand-hole into the bottom of their control ship's sphere yet? :)

gsj: "tanx fer da tanx"
-isn't that what rommel said to hitler? :eek:
vt
np: "desert chase" from williams' Raiders score

jeddah
11-07-2001, 04:29 AM
...Speaking of Tek MMs, there was a fantastic starbase on Voy last night, orbiting Saturn or Jupiter. It was the episode where DR goes back to Fed home to help his creator.

jeddah

good shot jansen
11-07-2001, 06:49 AM
has anyone drilled an mm stand-hole into the bottom of their control ship's sphere yet?

yep! 1st moment i took it outta the package!

jes took my time, and made it right! it looks great on the stand!

it's displayed along with the die-cast, and action fleet version! now if only they would make a potj, and theater giveaway, it would look almost as cool as b'jr's slave I russian nesting doll display:)

man oh man! wouldn't that be keeno!:)

np: paul dukas - the sorcerer's apprentice (fantasia movie score)

JediTricks
11-07-2001, 10:29 AM
I hear Hallmark's after-xmas sales are 50% orff.

good shot jansen
11-07-2001, 02:44 PM
over at the star trek micro machine snake pit (http://www.startrektoys.com/micro/), i decided what the heck, and sprung fer the 20 bucks to get one. :eek: (he's still got one left)

i got's to tell you, i am pleasantly suprised! he used a mm difiant to make a wax mold, and then cast it using a clear plastic. he did a remarkable job on the mold! all the detail lines translated to the mold very well, and when compared side by side to the mm defiant, the thing is supberb! it truely is a clear cloaked version of the mm defiant!

a not very good photo of it can be seen here (http://hometown.aol.com/startrekmicros/captainsyacht.html)

the only difference when compared to the mm one, is that since the mold was made from the mm defiant, the overall thickness (girt) and size is a tad (really not noticable unless you scrutinize it) smaller.

so it's come to this, with no new micro machines product on the near horizon, i am now buying custom knock off's to satisfy my mm habit. :rolleyes:

you takin' notes hasbro?:mad:

np: richard thompson - taking my business elsewhere

LTBasker
11-07-2001, 06:40 PM
JT, that's true, I got a BORG cube ornament last year for 50% that I almost missed.

GSJ, it's not very hard to do that. ;) In fact I've been thinking about asking this one friend of mine on how to do such a thing and I hope to someday be able to do "cloaked" versions of a Klingon BoP, HMS Bounty w/ the wings up, Romulan BoP, Romulan Warbird, Defiant, Klingon Negh'Var, Klingon Vor'Cha, Klingon D-7 and the Enterprise from the TOS episode when they stole the cloaking device from the Romulans. :) And instead of the regular clear color that that one person used I'd try to go with a bluish color kinda like the Spirit of Obi-Wan figure Lays offered in '97.

JediTricks
11-08-2001, 04:50 AM
That's a keen idea, I'm gonna ask my mom's fiance, who's a professional moldmaker, if he can make molds like this for me. Come to think of it, instead of risking the life of my MM Defiant, I'll just scrounge up another Rawcliffe Pewter keychain Defiant since it's way more accurate.

LTBasker
11-08-2001, 06:10 AM
Yeah, good idea, some of the paint might come off and if you can get more detail out of it..well, the MM Defiant can take 5 + eternity. :D :p So glad I could give such a good idea... ;)

JediTricks
11-09-2001, 02:48 AM
I found my old pewter one, it's pretty beat up because like a 'tard, I actually used it as a keychain fob. But the thing is, it's a big smaller than the MM defiant even though it's lightyears more accurate. I think what I'm gonna do is see if I can cast this thing in clear, "wavy" clear, and half-clear/half-gray done with the front, the back, and each side (for a cloaking in progress look). I hope this project works out!

jeddah
11-09-2001, 05:55 AM
quoth JT; "tard" ?????

que?

as in "bas" ? :p

confusedly yours;

jeddah

good shot jansen
11-09-2001, 06:41 AM
"re"

i'm confused as to what he means when he says "keychain fob"

da heck is "fob"?

np: chrome-moly violets - cryptic correspondence

JediTricks
11-09-2001, 09:00 AM
GSJ got the "tard" reference.

fob: 1. A small pocket at the front waistline of a man's trousers or in the front of a vest, used especially to hold a watch.
- a.A short chain or ribbon attached to a pocket watch and worn hanging in front of the vest or waist.
- b.An ornament or seal attached to such a chain or ribbon.

LTBasker
11-10-2001, 03:46 PM
Hey I just had a cool thought, you know how that one Imperial Officer said "That ship is too small to have a cloaking device!" about the Falcon, well it'd be cool to actually get a "cloaked" Falcon made. :D Cloaked Falcon vs. Cloaked HMS Bounty...hmm....

jeddah
11-18-2001, 12:59 PM
evenin'

You frequently post details of online shops that sell SW AF and mms etc; do you know of any where I can order Trek MMs online? Trouble is, since BC3 sent me that presentation pack with 15 trek mms, I've kinda wanted to get all the Trek mms :eek: I know it's nigh on impossible but don't like E-bay.... :)

If anyone is into models comme moi -JT you cutomise doncha?- you could do lot worse than here (http://www.linkandpinhobbies.com/sfmods.htm) . I love the Prometheus, Steamrunner, Sabre, Equinox and Cheyenne :frus:

ta v muchly :)

jeddah

britcit3
11-18-2001, 03:00 PM
Hey Jeddah,

try.....

http://hometown.aol.com/missmiataracer/mm.html

I suppose she is technically a scalper, but her prices ain't so bad.

BC3

LTBasker
11-18-2001, 05:34 PM
From a certain point of view, but if you consider a bunch of things, she might not be. I'm not sure though, technically someone like an economics major or something could say she isn't, but you can never be too sure.

vulcantouch
11-18-2001, 06:39 PM
i don't for a tenth of a second believe missy paid that much or more for Any of those; so by my definition (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=20&PID=1590), missy's a scalper, no question :dead:

jdah: "don't like E-bay"
-for trekmms, who the hell in their right mind Does? :p i guess some of us stmm VeTerans ought've warned jdah more strongly about trekmms' insidious nature; "the jdah may be of bajor but will find no rest there" :o models? did you see my bountyhunt report about finding a complete voy model? if you'd consider compensating bc3 for b'jr's ep1 set 12 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=20810#post20810), b'jr might consider deferring the voymodel to you. not only that, if you don't care about me keeping things in their pkgs, i Might be able to squeeze not only the voy model but also a $20 potj bwing into your upcoming shipment- lmk & i'll give it a try :)
vt
np: annie ross, "love for sale"

LTBasker
11-18-2001, 07:11 PM
That's true, VT... but she also could've traded. And judging how much she paid for the item she traded could've considered the outcome of the price. H2RCR's scalperness has been revealed on several occasions, and I think my economics lesson to him either made him scared to show his face on the board, gave up, or has run out of ways to embarass himself. (the ex-girlfriend and him being married thing was pretty funny.)

Tell ya the truth, there is kinda stronger evidence that MissMiataRacer could be a scalper. You know how I said in an e-mail I sent you not too long ago that SB114 was a mean scalper/hoarder on ebay? How I know that is on an auction of SB114's (s)he said in the description for a Collector's Set III: "Hide them away in your closet for a few years and then sell them!" Anyways, back on the topic, in SB114's feedback, a person said the name Leslie, and of course it has been said on STT.com's MM board that MissMiata's name is Leslie. (or Lesley) So it could be that MissMiata is SB114, but then again it could be coincidence and they could even be different genders with the same name. Not sure, but I wouldn't take any action on that claim until it can really be proven. Also, to support my above comment on the fact that she could've traded, when I was first getting back into Trek MMs (before I found this board) I had browsed by the collection 14's and I had seen MissMiata's site and I planned on getting some C-14s to trade for some micros there and when I e-mailed her, she replied that she would trade an Enterprise-E for like 3-4 C-14s. So her scalperness can't really be confirmed unless a situation happens like with H2RCR. (She seems to be smarter than him...although that's not hard to do.)

Ok, phew... hehe. VT, I'm not trying to prove you wrong on anything to be mean, even if it seems like I'am being mean ( :cry: ) I just don't want anyone wrongfully accused...

good shot jansen
11-19-2001, 09:13 AM
you're hooked girl! no boubt a doubt it!

having myself been stung a year and a half ago, i know whatcha' going through:(

i've been holdin' on to a uss voyager dupe fer some time now, which i will be more than happy to forward in your direction:) (of course, vt would need to give his blessing as well, since i pretty much have consigned to him all my st mm dupes). other than that, any dupes that i may have, once i git around to opening everything (remember, i collect mm's under the guise of gettin' em for mason, so's i have to space everything accordingly, can't drop a giant whump on the kid fer no reason!):sur: , are pretty much common place mm's that ain't too tough to git cheaply. as fer online joints? sheeesh, unfortunately, all online places seem to be very well aware of how much trek mm's fetch on the open seas:Pirate: , and have all priced their stock accordingly:frus:

tell us whatcha got, so's we know's what's ta look's fer!

:kiss:

jeddah
11-19-2001, 12:38 PM
HI, thanks for the feedback :frus: it's gonna be a long slog but my priorities are fed ships. I would Ideally like 16 Piece Set #2 and #3 but I think you guys'll be telling me that I may as well confound the Knights who say Ni and locate the grail.:D

Specifically, I am after the Spacedocks(?) or whatever the star bases are called, Defiant, and other Federation shippies (did they make an Equinox?)

GSJ, I have only one set, and my new collectordom is all BC3's fault. It is a collectors ST set with a bonus Enterprise mm in. It doesn't seem to have a number on it (i.e set 1) but here's my critique:sur: don't have a heart attack VT, you know how I dislike submitting critiques :kiss:

Ent A - OK as a sculpt but seems a little dull. Luckily the thin nacelles are rigid and parallel. The dish reminds me of a spider's web and I'm not that keen on how round it is - makes it look a little dated. The profile is much more appealing than the overhead view and this is because the fuselage is a satisfyingly organic cylinder.
Kirks Ent - Very submarinelike nacelles with badly painted red tips that look like joke matches or worse. Nice to have but a basic mm even thought the sculpt is crisp.
Ent D - Love it, can hear JLP just lookin at it.
Excelsior - Bluebird :) Is this correct colour? I do like it but feel it could be toned down a nadge. Nice slim ship and teh dish seems much more harmonius with the design than the Ent A. Xfers and paint job supreme and I love the a** end - looks like a Sando Aqua Monster has taken a bite out. Also the bridge construction (or whatever) on the dish sublty streamlines the dish and prepares it nicely for meeting the body.
Reliant My favourite big ship in the pack. I thought this was Miranda-class is this not so? I want to lash this to my 2 Huskies pups(Moya and Talyn) and take them sledpulling using it as a rig. It so looks like it would be superfast and I am sure I'd win the rallye...next one's in 2 weeks so who knows.... :) Fine details, fine paintjob and straight nacelles!
Shuttlecraft I happen to like the shuttles (not so keen on the Voyager ones) - I don't know why, I just have a thing about transports; ask me about Medium Transports (Gallofree variety) and I'll tell you I have 10 mms of them :evil:. Aussi, we have a Honda Civic S (an old tiny white car) and it is this shuttle. SO much so that it is known in my house as The Runabout. My favourite in the pack without a doubt. I grew up on V so I suppose there may be some past love lost there and I project it on this thing....:stupid:
Emissary Runabout similar comments as above but I prefer the basic lines of the shuttlecraft. Good detailing and the colouring reminds me of the Neb B Frig mm. Which reminds me, when're Haspbro going to contemplate on capital Rebel Alliance ships!!???!!!. I can't write any more about this as it is too depressing to be reminded that DS9 is over.

Of the non-Fed ships, notable mention goes to the K-Bop, Rom-WB (my fave alien vessel, je pense) and Galor WB.

I was a bit disappointed the other night as we are currently enjoying 2 episodes of TNG season 1, per week and I saw my first F Marauder in action*. I did not realise it was this as it was being chased by ENT and it looked really cool - like a UFO. When the camera eventually offered us a front-view shot I realised it was the Playmates ship I had (and in this pack too) and I must say I hate the front design (and before you ax, no, I'm not passing it on to the VT et Baal'jr Cedars of Lebanon Convalescence Home). Does anyone else think this design is a little too literal for ST? I mean, there's no way you'd think this was Viidian or some bioship, it's clearly Ferengi. Too clearly Ferengi! Take the Rom WB - it is very suggestive of the Rommers but they're not green, they don't have droopsnoots, they just have the tapered ears which is suggested by the design.

Okay that's me out. I guess I should uncross my legs and relax.

VT, thanks for the B-wing and Voy offer but I don't want to include the B-er on the current package. I'm not really after Voy yet - or for the forseeable future as I'm 1/2 way through my DS9 fibre optic (been doing it for 8 weeks -slowly and careful, like) and I'm not buying any more kits till I've done the Defiant you skillfully scored. Thanks for looking out for me again, tho'. I can settle with BC3 anyway, just LMK.

jeddah
* If you want to see what fear the word "marauder" can instill - justifiably - tune into Farscape :evil:

britcit3
11-19-2001, 12:50 PM
Hey Jeddah

That set 1 also has the best MM ever in it (in my humble opinion).......the Klingon D-7 Battle Cruiser - an absolute design classic.

I think the D-7 really captures the menace of the early Klingons and it looks as if it takes no c**p from those feeble Federation ships.

In terms of Fed MM's, you really MUST but coll set 2 no matter what the cost (I paid $90 for mine) - the Farragut is superb as is the Defiant.

As I said eariler though, your only real options in terms of aquiring said sets is via Ebay and Miss Racer.

Cheers

BC3

vulcantouch
11-19-2001, 01:37 PM
-some1 plz tell ltb to not worry bout delicacy round me :evil: meanwhile, you can Try to prove me wrong all you like. it's not like you'll succeed :happy:
eewww, jdah actually Likes the ent-d ****tle :p and "enjoying 2 episodes of TNG season 1"? is enjoy the right word for that crappy season? :p btw, armin "quark" shimerman played one of those ferengi (the first ferengi we'd seen). also, marauder design derives from ferengi grabbiness (tryin2 wrap they arms around evvything :greedy: ) & i'm surprised you don't dig galor more jdah- after all, its design Is based on the egyptian ankh :cool:
voymm for jdah, eh gsj? blessin bestowed, on one condition: send it 2me in yer next pkg & i'll enclose in jdah's pkg. that way b'jr & i can at least have a look at it :cool:
fed mms jdah's still missin (http://freespace.virgin.net/james.hobson/st.htm), sorted by acquisition difficulty:
"easy": ent-b, k-7, fs, stargazer, grissom, saucer-sep ent-d
"hard": farragut, saratoga, sds, def, voy, pasteur, 3-nac ent-d, voy shuttle
"who told u to start so damn late": captyacht, ent-e
oh, so now c**p gets censored too? :rolleyes: at least they can give us a detail-encrusted st:tmp klingon mm to make up for it, right bc3? :cool:
vt
np: diana ross, "give up (rodgers/edwards write/produce)

LTBasker
11-19-2001, 01:37 PM
I got mine around $70-$80 so you don't really ahve to pay an arm and a leg on ebay to get the set, unlike the set III. Set II has gotta be nearly the best packed 16-pack. (would've been the best if they had left out the saucer sep Enterprise-D and put in HMS Bounty :( ) They put some of the best Trek MMs in that pack. :)

britcit3
11-19-2001, 01:54 PM
On the subject of ST MM's have you all seen this way cool ship??????????

http://www.starfleetyards.com/starships/modeler_submissions/feyman/hammer_class/default.htm

And the good news is, it's a piece of pi.......erm, cake to make.

All you need (all MM's):

Saucer - base of SW Ep1 Battle tank
Rear of saucer - top/front of battle tank.
Body - hull of Ent B (didn'y have spare, so used Gal class).
Nacelles - Gal Class.

Once again, BC3's cra.......erm, rubbish camera doesn't do justice to the finished article.

BC3

good shot jansen
11-19-2001, 01:59 PM
that'll be one less ship on the hard list of fed's that you'll need to track down.

btw girl, you do understand, that no matter how you may try and deny it, you is now caught in the lure of mm's!:sur: once it starts, there's no known cure to make it stop! i speaks from experience on this one. don't even try and fight it. jes stick a fork in ya, cause you're done! :eek:

bc3, i love the hammer! thanx fer the tip on how to make!

np: mc hammer - hammer time (sheeesh, how frickin predictable was that:rolleyes: )

LTBasker
11-19-2001, 02:14 PM
Nicely done, BC3. Although the nacelles on the one on that site look bigger than a Galaxy Class MM, maybe the Nebula class MM nacelles would've been the right size? Were they too big or didn't want to track down a Farragut to cut up? :)

britcit3
11-19-2001, 02:24 PM
There is NO WAY that I would chop up a Farragut - it would be a real crime given how much they're worth.

BC3

britcit3
11-20-2001, 02:15 AM
Never seen this before......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1035926596

BC3

JediTricks
11-20-2001, 10:04 AM
I'm running super late for sleep, but I'd like to say that, in my most humble of opinions...
the MM Defiant SUCKS!
That thing is such a bulgey mess, it shares only a passing similarity to the show version. Thankfully, there is the overpriced pewter version, the well-priced pewter keychain version, and the stupendously-fantastical Playmates electronic version to fill the need for ACCURATE U.S.S. Defiant toys in my collection. (And yet I've decided to keep my MM Defiant because the keychain pewter one isn't Federation blue and doesn't fit with my other MMs.)

vulcantouch
11-20-2001, 12:08 PM
bc3: re b5 stamper set, i wouldn't concern yourself; i've seen this at cons a few times. 2me it always looked like a bootleg made from the original galoob mms. both molding and paintjobs are inferior, and there aren't any ships featured that galoob didn't already make mms of :p

jeddah
11-20-2001, 02:03 PM
:D

The mm Defiant, JT's B-wing ;)

jeddah
*doesn't "bulgey" sound like a guppy reference?*

vulcantouch
11-21-2001, 04:33 PM
. . .b'jr has agreed to provide you with one each of the following eight fed mms (plz indicate any you don't want):
fs, k-7, stargazer, galileo, grissom, ent-b, ent-c, saucer-sep ent-d
on one condition: IF in the future you're ever fool enough to shell out the sky-high market prices in order to make your stmm collection more complete, you'll turn over all unwanted dupes to b'jr (for which you will of course be compensated; he simply wants 1st-chance rights); deal? :)
vt
np: stevie, "higher ground"

jeddah
11-23-2001, 07:28 AM
Thanks VT, that's very kind of Baal jr and I am OTM re Voyager mm, but please tell him it's not necessary. If I received these from him, then I'd not look for them and if I didn't then I would. I'm really trying to stop getting involved in any mroe transactions/wheelerdealing till I'm squared; I'd much rather Baal jr squared off with you what I owe VT

jeddah

JediTricks
11-24-2001, 06:27 AM
Jeddah, truth is spoken from your keyboard. :D I got "bulgey" from the Treehouse of Horror where Homer goes 3d.

VT, thanks for the offer, now all I have to do is learn how to intricately paint accurately. :p

vulcantouch
11-25-2001, 03:36 PM
u.s. tv viewers might be interested in catchin a "star trek" edition of that uk-import gameshow Weakest Link, monday night. in case i miss it (i might forget, i'm not in the habit of keepin track of primetime programs if they ain't trek or animated), someone tell me how it was :)

britcit3
11-25-2001, 06:17 PM
That is SOOOOOOOO unfair!!!!!!

How come us Brits don't get Trek Weakest Links?????

(especially as Anne Robinson was brought up only 2 miles from where I come from!)

I ain't fair I tell ya!!!

BC3

LTBasker
11-25-2001, 06:32 PM
Sure it is... we get that kind of stuff, and you get the rarest of rare SWMM items.

britcit3
11-26-2001, 01:15 AM
Oh yeah! I forgot !

good shot jansen
11-26-2001, 02:53 PM
i went to retrieve my dupe voyager, and the bloody things got a broken nacelle!:frus: :( :mad: i did not notice that before!!!!!:mad: i will forward it on to vt anyway (sheeesh)

gawd dammit! who did quality control over at galoob anyway:mad: i'm furious over this. jeddah, i apologise (especially since you are otm (over the moon i persume)) deeply for this. cripes! so out of three voyagers which have had the pleasure to know, two of em were busted before i could even git my hands on em:mad: :frus: :mad: :frus:

%$#$%$$##@#$%%

vulcantouch
11-26-2001, 11:44 PM
the show was fun; lotta affection & authentic interaction (cuz of the tension) :) and though i'm sure all them spontaneous-sounding trekky quips delivered by Severe Miss Arch Hostess herself were pre-scripted for use in specific situations ("mr. delancie, i believe that's your Q to leave"), they were still a nice touch :) i'da never guessed delancie would be the first to get knocked out. picardo immediately convinced me he'd be one of the last to fall -and in fact he won- but was pleasantly surprised to see levar come in second. i don't hate wheaton nearly so much as i did before this (as anne's chosen whippin boy for the evening, he generously played into the cocky, young-turk hollywood actor schtick suggested by her disdain), but i was really rootin for armin to pull off an undeserved win a la quark (he got 4th place). too bad nimoy, mulgrew, patrick, garak (his name's almost the same as Thy Hostess :) ), kira, dorn or jeryan weren't on, i woulda enjoyed seeing how they'd fare. i hope they do more of these; a steady diet of this kinda show wouldn't agree with me, but i wouldn't mind an occasional excuse to tune in :)
don't sweat jdah's brokeded voynac yet gsj; i can probably get b'jr to swap a good voy for it. after all, he already has nine, Not counting two that don't have nacelles at all :)
vt
np: toots thielemans, "only trust your heart"

britcit3
11-27-2001, 01:23 AM
That show sounds a right laugh......I just hope that it gets sold to the BBC.

Keeping fingers crossed.

BC3

good shot jansen
11-27-2001, 06:57 AM
(i guess using as always, and eternally in the same sentence is a tad redundant):rolleyes:

as usual, you ride in to my rescue!:happy:

i've decided not to extract the nx/ncc excel from it's pack (btw it's in a set #2 the movies collection with a 3 set card backing showing the reliant on the front card), that way you can decide if you want to keep the puppy pristine ( i know, that's not your style), however, being that there are people who cherish excel's just if they have nx markings, and seeing how this one's got both, (here comes another run on sentence:rolleyes: ), as well as taking in account you're recent observation to jeddah, that trading rare mm's for other rare mm's ain't taboo, i thought that maybe you would want the set complete fer future possible ferengi type manuvers:D .

i may have to send the next package san gsj groove. been havin' a tough time gettin time in on the stereo (how's that fer carbon dating meself!:eek: ), what with the janson junior brigade always having to keep the teeny boppin' thang constant.:rolleyes:

jeddah
11-27-2001, 07:21 AM
Thanks once again, please don't "bust a gut"* about the Voyager mm as I am handy with customs and reparations.

*ibid BritC

jeddah

vulcantouch
11-27-2001, 01:40 PM
. . .plz describe nature of voybreak, so jdah can ascertain whether a repair is possible :) also, unless there's some reason i'm forgetting, there's no hurry re sending pkg to me, feel free to wait til mixtape's done & send all together. after all, lord knows skinflint moi's bin makin You wait for all your stuff til i get Your tape done (as i just got done tellin ltb via email, patience is the one price i ask my trade partners to pay) :rolleyes:
bc3: as i recall, complete wl rankings, first to last: picardo, levar, wheaton, armin, crosby, roxann, shatner, delancie :) a few more quips i recall:
"which one can no longer Kling On?"
"did you forget your eyes, levar?"
"someone's brain should report to sickbay"
"whose phaser is set on styupid?"
(to wheaton) "your first name is william, yet you go by wil with only one L"
wheaton begins to explain: "it's. . ."
(cuts him off) ". . .pretensious" :p
vt
np: harold budd, "serpent in quicksilver"

britcit3
11-27-2001, 01:45 PM
Can't believe John De Lancie went out first - my money would have been on him winning.

& I thought that Q knows EVERYTHING.

BC3

jeddah
11-27-2001, 02:46 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D

I SO want to see this! I love Anne Robinson (I know, I know, she's a gay icon and all that but she is just so funny) not least for her comments about the Welsh (please BC3 don't say you are Welsh :o), and the priceless "Set your phasers for Styupid" and her comments to Riker - "wonderful" (in a voice similar to C3-Po on Bespin when he is finally reunited with R2)

I am so angry :frus:

jeddah

britcit3
11-27-2001, 03:00 PM
Delighted to announce that a very small amount leek scented blood courses through my veins (had a Welsh great grandmother - but doesn't stop me taking the mick out of the taffs).

I especially liked the bit in room 101 where she asks Paul Merton"I mean, what are the Welsh actually for?".

Mertons face was classic.

US forumers - we are referring to a UK show called ROOM 101 where celebrities can put all the things that they hate in.

Ms Robinson caused quite a stir when she asked for the Welsh to be placed in the room.

In fact, so much of a stir that she was reported to the race relations commission.

I don't know - some people just can't take a joke.

Cheers & yakkyda (god knows what the spelling is).

BC3

vulcantouch
11-27-2001, 03:13 PM
"yakkyda"? that's One spelling permutation for bin laden's network i Hadn't yet seen the news orgs offer ;) remember in the 80s when we heard 9000 different ways to spell libya's head-o-state? :p
gay icon eh jdah? funny, i'd just been thinkin how Pagliesque her seVeriTy struck me (check out a sample of cp's imperious writing voice here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/0679735798/reader/8/ref=lib_dp_/104-4544325-3360707#reader-link) :) ) and actually, "wil" was wheaton aka weaselly crasher, not jonathan frakes aka riker-
don't forget: eat a choy every day, keeps the wallabee away :p
vt
np: nicole kidman hosting snl, "tie me kangaroo down"

good shot jansen
11-27-2001, 03:49 PM
. . .plz describe nature of voybreak, so jdah can ascertain whether a repair is

the top portion of the starboard pivoting nacelle strut is missing:frus: , the nacelle stays put for displayin' on a stand only. when you touch it, it falls off naturally:mad: (you'de think thay woulda done sumptin' bout that gravity thang by now:rolleyes: ), when you place the nacelles in the angled warp position, it stays as well (coursen til you breath lightly on it:frus: ).

a simple spot of :crazed: glue will keep the nacelle in what ever position you wish fer eternity :rolleyes: ...............
anyway, that's the dammitage report:mad:

np: talking heads - wild life (things fall apart, it's scientific)

LTBasker
11-27-2001, 06:03 PM
If no one says this yet I guess I'll say it. :) LeVar's first question was "who did Anothony Daniels do the voice for in Star Wars?" :happy:

vulcantouch
11-27-2001, 11:41 PM
i was hoping to find a link to a stwl show transcript for y'all, but this (http://www.syfyportal.com/article/?id=449) was the closest i could find :sur: but it sez burton won; why don't i remember it that way? oh wait, maybe he Did win :stupid:
whatabout tuvok? would've liked to see him kick emotional butt :cool: or dukat, or ROM, or my ever-fave borg queen susanna thompson :kiss: she's done almost as many trek guestings as delancie :D
so ltb, are you gonna tell us what the Answer to levar's 1st quextion was? i'm WAITING ;)
vt
np: barry/louie armstrong, "we have all the time in the world" from ohmss score

LTBasker
11-28-2001, 12:02 AM
Geordi did get it right. Nice to know the Trek peeps know Star Wars. :cool:

I think LeVar did win, I wasn't paying much attention at the end, I know Picardo spoke after him but I think LeVar LaForge did win. :D Crosby and Shatner should've definitely been the first two to go. :stupid:

JediTricks
11-29-2001, 12:30 AM
Yeah, Levar did win, he won with "antebellum" which he seemed to pull from somewhere in the pit of the deepest bowels of his mind!

Weakest Link Celeb is such a rip off IMO, they trash each other for $10,000 in charity and ONE WINNER gets a paultry pittance compared to "Millionaire"'s celeb shows.

SWAFMAN
11-29-2001, 12:15 PM
Although I like the idea of seeing the various ST cast members sparring in a battle of wits, the entire trend towards celebrity guests on popular game shows has become tiresome - even irritating to me.

I try to not watch too much tv, but I do tend to get sucked-in more than I'd prefer to admit. When I watch, I enjoy the shows where you're challenged to use your brain instead of just sitting there getting an "eye"-V dose of idiocy. So I try to watch Jeopardy if I'm home when it's on, and I've watched "Millionaire" and "Weakest Link."

Well, it is painfully obvious that all these programs use easier questions when hosting celebrity contestants, and that just takes away any challenge when playing the game at home. I don't care that they asked Burton a question about the Antebellum period, the fact is I've seen far too many embarrassingly easy questions asked of, and missed by, far too many of these celebs.

Within the last year, it seems Millionaire and Weakest Link have aired as many or more celeb shows than those with regular contestants. I suppose I must be in the minority in my opinion, since they wouldn't be doing this if the ratings weren't good. But if that's the case, it's disappointing to me that the average viewer prefers the entertainment value of seeing celebrities on these shows over the mental stimulation of having more difficult questions.

One could argue that this has been the networks' way of donating more monies to charity, but I wish they would just hand over a lump some directly rather than exploit the process with these celeb guest shows, and give the viewers more challenging games.

[end-of-rant]
:crazed:

(btw: it doesn't seem like such an amazing stretch that one of the main stars of 'Roots' would know of the antebellum period.)

jeddah
11-29-2001, 12:53 PM
I watch far too much TV at the mo'. but by 9pm I am so tired working on my music that if I were to read one of the many books I have on the go at one time, I just fall alseep.

Speaking of my music, I have an audition on Sunday morning for Breakout records here (http://www.bic.co.uk/Box_office/Pavilion_Layout.asp) at the Bournemouth Pavilion. Haven't performed there since '96! I shall be doing my most recent songs Phat Chance and Essensual :) (I would be doing a song I wrote about internet forums - a songwriters one in particular where I had big run-ins with some precious Country folk - called Where The Elite Meet (after a Battlestar Galactica trading card I had as a kid) but I am stuck for a second verse so it's unfinished.

!
idea

jeddah

britcit3
11-29-2001, 01:07 PM
Hey Jeddah

What sort of stuff do you do (music, that is)?

BC3

vulcantouch
12-01-2001, 11:58 AM
. . . it sounds like jdah might be "boycotting" your quextion till you answer mine (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=22749#post22749) ;)
vt
np: abc, "answer my prayers"

britcit3
12-05-2001, 02:28 PM
I've said it once, and I'll say it again - it just ain't fair.

You Yankee Doodles get a Star Trek Weakest Link and what do we Brits get?.........

The Robinsonmonster presenting the UK Medical Drama weakest link - terrific.

The worst bit is that they could have got the chap who plays Cpt. Panaka on it, as he has plays a doctor in Holby City.

But was he on it? Was he hell.

BC3

jeddah
12-05-2001, 02:30 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll get it, maybe at Christmas...:rolleyes:

jeddah :)

LTBasker
12-05-2001, 09:18 PM
Well ain't that just dandy. :happy:

JediTricks
12-06-2001, 04:28 AM
Believe me, if I could send the Weakest Show back to the UK, I would. ;)

jeddah
12-09-2001, 01:19 PM
....would you guys pay $35.00 for a Strike Force K-BOP?

I can order it online and was about to checkout when I realised I didn't have any point of reference for the Strike Force line and although it's the last one I need I thought I'd better check.

I like the SF range as the window and box is much much nicer than the AF ones and looks like a presentation case.

jeddah

britcit3
12-09-2001, 01:35 PM
Hey Jeddah

Did my last goody-jiffy arrive a couple of weeks ago?

Cheers

BC3

PS did you see Casualty last night ? - the kid (now in his 20's) who played the young Picard in "Rascals" was in it.

So in just the last 6 months, the BEEB have had him, Capt Panaka & Marina Sirtis in Casualty/Holby City.

JediTricks
12-09-2001, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't pay $15 for the Klingon Bird of Prey Strike Force set, much less $35. I would pay that for the large-size electronic one, but not the SF one.

Speaking of ships, Art Asylum - the new holder of the Trek license - is planning to do 12" electronic Trek ships, you can see the news at figures.com (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=101&show_article=41) and my thread in the figures.com forums asking AA to do ships from all the shows and Micro scale ones too:
http://www.figures.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381

LTBasker
12-10-2001, 02:08 AM
That's all cool and spiffy...but just imagine how much 12" Electronic ships would cost... Let alone the micros, weren't the prices already going up before every line ended?

JediTricks
12-10-2001, 10:02 AM
Well, gauging from the Ent-E and Defiant sitting on top of a pile of 12" Star Wars figure boxes in my room which these 2 ships are only a few inches longer than, I'd say the price of 12" ships would be between $20 and $30. ;) Honestly, I'm not turning my nose up at ANY line of Trek ship toys. Either way you want it, go support which ever size you want to see them do because Art Asylum really is blazing a new path and there's not a lot of input on the issue yet, and I am confident they will read those forum comments.

britcit3
12-10-2001, 10:06 AM
Hey Guys

Is there any electonic way of contacting Art Asylum?

Tried their web site, but it's still under construction.

Just thought that I would start bothering them about MM sized vehicles.

The very thought of real MM Dauntless & Equinox....Aye Karumba.

BC3

good shot jansen
12-10-2001, 11:30 AM
....would you guys pay $35.00 for a Strike Force K-BOP?

not when i can get a set of 4 sf ships (including the k-bop) for $20.00!:o

and you can too over at federation supply base (http://www.fsbase.com/clear.htm) :)

of course if you need to use me as a u.s. clearing house, i would be happy to blige!:)

vulcantouch
12-10-2001, 12:53 PM
. . .if you feel like baggin one & havin it sent here :)

LTBasker
12-10-2001, 08:26 PM
Maybe we'll get presents with 12" NX-01, like oh say... deployable MM shuttles? :D Doubt it, but at that size it wouldn't be impossible...

JediTricks
12-10-2001, 11:05 PM
I know that Figures.com has had contact with AA's main guy, Digger, so that's why I suggest supporting it over there.

britcit3
12-18-2001, 12:40 PM
Take a look at this STMM auction.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1049978236

Those cruddy, low quality, poor resolution pics look kinda familiar.

Do you think that I should be on commission?

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
12-18-2001, 01:38 PM
The Rom bop has a Klingot bop wing cannon!!! Err... ain't those your pics?

JediTricks
12-19-2001, 03:20 AM
Turn this seller in, the auction will be closed and he'll be in trouble.

SWAFMAN
12-19-2001, 09:40 PM
I reported the seller to eBay & I hope it was ok to have included a reference to BC3's web page. I did not contact the seller, just eBay.

jeddah
12-27-2001, 10:13 AM
Hi and Happy season of indulgence, whatever your faith or lack thereof

Had to use this thread because I knew the likes of VT, JT and GSJ would see it - I hope R2 does too as she is the Oracle of Delphi (only much more atractive) :) when it comes to SW lines.

This is being auctioned (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1682155089) and finishes tomorrow. Dayum! I wish this'd started weeks ago so I could've pointed my brother here b4 Xmas... :)

So was this a licensed collectors toy from Hasbro or someone? It looks like
a nice little thing but the details the seller has supplied are.....
lacking.

I can't afford it of course but am intrigued to know if it was a fanbuilt thing or .....?

thanks

jeddah

r2dee2
12-27-2001, 01:09 PM
Why thanks jeddah :kiss: !!

I've not heard of a radio contolled R5 - D4 ...not that there isn't one...but I tend to think this is fan made. I only know of the radio controlled speeder bike and the Cox Landspeeder, if I remember correctly. I have a few remote control toys, like the R2 and M. Falcon done by Banpresto in Japan and a nice remote R2 from Hasbro about 21 inches high........ and that R5 is 31 inches high...fairly big!! You could always email the seller :)

STILL indulging in turkey, fresh cranberry sauce, dressing, sweet potato casserole with loads of marshmallows on top, green bean casserole, home made bread and home made Pumpkin Pie...my fav!!

LTBasker
12-27-2001, 04:16 PM
Very much most likely a custom or a bootleg. Only remote controlled stuff I've heard of that's come out of Hasbro is a remote controlled R2 and Speeder bike and Luke with Speeder bike. (The Luke was either canceled and not produced or produced in very low numbers then canceled, can't remember.)

vulcantouch
12-27-2001, 11:59 PM
anyone else here have a history of them in Your holiday menus? i'll bet not ;) anyhoo, i Am a fan of your site's new location, r2- it loads 9000 times faster than the old one! :D i notice you also consolidated all teatime pix on one convenient page (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/vttime.htm) too :D with sites like yers, who needs dumb old starwardotcomfanpages anyway? :happy:
alas, i see i Still have to get around to providing you captions for the sabrepix (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/sabretooth.htm) :stupid:

jdah: "Had to use this thread because I knew the likes of VT, JT and GSJ would see it"
-hmph, unlike Some people i could name, I always make sure to read All mm forum posts :p
vt
np: maw, "all that"

britcit3
12-31-2001, 03:49 AM
Check out this guys works - it looks great.

http://www.virtualscratchbuilder.com

As well as the Star Trek stuff on the main page, there is also a Star Trek page.

I have ordered a NX-01 and a New Orleans class from the guy.

I will let you all know what they are like when they arrive.

Cheers

BC3

LTBasker
12-31-2001, 06:16 AM
Hmm... not bad models. Although I think the Steamrunner's nacelles are supposed to be a little more rounded. The New Orleans class look pretty cool. Especially since I've only ever seen a side-view pic of it. :D

JediTricks
12-31-2001, 11:30 AM
Hey, I read most of this stuff! :D

Happy holidays/new year/whatever to y'all! Hard to believe it's been so long without MMs, but at least we keep warm around the barely-glowing embers of our hopes and Hasbro's promises.

That R5-D4 appears to be a custom made, but not from the Hasbro '98 r/c R2-D2 which is significantly different (http://www.myfigures.com/pg/index.html?page=detail&sdetitemid=1114&x=&sview=item_view&sperpg=25&srefer=Home&slicid=252&slineid=4&sserid=28).

jeddah
01-02-2002, 08:30 AM
....in the form of ST mms from BC3.

Botany Bay Weee-yerd. Never seen or heard of this before (have I??) looks like a Skipjack class US sub with a girdle. As a fan of cargo and other civvie spacecraft I like it lots. On that site that BC3 posted yesterday with the cool ST customs, I loved the cargo hauler too.
Kazon Something. I'm not sure which this one is, it looks like a trigger for a gun, but I remember them from Voyager (Night?) I thought they were gold, though this one's a cool Nute purple :) It's hiding at the back of my internet computer table ready to sneak out on......
...USS Enterprise , a much nicer and refined version of the Ent, far nicer than that cartoon-fell-from-a-mountain-nose-first Ent D. Nice turquoise too; much more colourful than most. Speaking of colour;
Stargazer This MM looks a lot more realistic in resin than it did in celluloid. I've always like this class and never know what it was from until a few weeks ago when TNG had this episode on. unfortunately it looked a bit mingin' on the episode. Was it yellow before the Merengi (cha cha cha!) got their hands on it?
Galileo II Nice but bland design. Looks a lot more shuttle-y than what evolved in the other franchises. Curiously the decals on the nacelles are upside down. It also seems to made of a more brittle plastic. He's legging it from the Kazon at the mo and no happy-go-lucky American airline-like flash of name is going to save it :evil:
Surak I think this one is going to have to grow on me. At the moment it is submerged in hot water so I can straighten the pylons. This is Vulcan right? Apart from Tuvok they're one of my least fave species. I do love the Romulans tho', most notably, Cretak. I suppose this design is utilitarian, efficient and therefore logical ;) And NO VT you can't have it before you ask. :p
Star Base Sorry, I don't know the correct term but these are my favourite structures out of all of Star Trek. Much nicer than DS9, hug your Space dock today :) I'd love an 8' high model of one in the centre of my new lounge.
Caretaker's array Cool but prickly. Can't get it to stay up. I have so far used it to suck the AF B-wing up to it, and then hirl it as hard as I can out of the 1st floor window. Sadly the window was shut and made of enhanced Durasteel so ... no more AF B-wing. I already have one of these so I've put them at opposite ends of the house for when I'm feeling tired. :)
Sisko's Bajoran Yacht This is the very zenith of fine design. Loved the episode and love this. Thanks SO MUCH BC3 ;)

well, not much doin' on the boards. Anyone heard from GSJ?

jeddah
.P.S I was making the last 2 up out of childish prankery. Happy New Year! :p

good shot jansen
01-02-2002, 11:25 AM
....Anyone heard from GSJ?

not lately;)

the company decided as a lil holiday gift, to give all us woiking stiffs sum paid time off between 'mas and n'years. so's i tooks the family on excursions throughout the state, intentionally by-passing the mouse that ate florida (translation - no orlando!), anyway's hope all had a wonderful 'oliday season!

the post man left several notice cards for me. letting me know that they have a ton of parcels jes waitin' for me to pick up:eek: . i'm assuming it's vt's box o' goodies for moi, including the highly anticipated mix tape, jedi goofy's goodies (say that three time fast!) from rebel toys, and am hoping that it also includes jeddah's package to boot! :happy: mason's been waxing for a scimter bomber fer some time!

jeddah
01-02-2002, 06:16 PM
...when I've got VT DTs about sending them in time for Xmas showage at the Top Of The World....Now I feel like a complete class 'A' shingle and grit.

I am sending them prioritoire gratis for my tardiness, I need to repackage the Betty and latter EP1 mms as per my instructions. As soon as I move they'll be off. Sorry if I appear a slacker, in an attempt to mitigate; things are a little bogged down in procedure chez jeddah @ the mo' - If I'd sent them in October, then there'd not be a worry (but I didn't).

Please try to explain to Mason that I am not an evil git. If not, I'll have to make it up some other way.:o

Hope this is all still :cool:

jeddah

JediTricks
01-02-2002, 11:56 PM
The Surak is pretty cool IMO, I got a second one and shaved it down to be just the shuttle element. The design was supposed to be the Enterprise's main shuttlecraft for the ST2 show before it was mutated into The Motion Picture.

LTBasker
01-03-2002, 01:31 AM
Yeah, it'd be cool to get a small fleet of'em and if Art Asylum makes any Vulcan ships we could some Vulcan ships and put a bunch of Surak's around them... Why not? :D (Well it could be considered canon! They put the D-7 Klingon ship in there.. :rolleyes: )

JediGoofy
01-03-2002, 05:10 AM
It cannot be true! ;)
I do not even think about it! :crazed:
What are you talking about gsj? :p

Ciao!
JediGoofy

good shot jansen
01-03-2002, 06:37 AM
i kinda knew you was bogged down with your traverse across the fence, i was jes wonkin your chain:confused: :kiss:

did receive vt's long awaited mix tape, began listening to it last night. it is now in my car's tape player and shall be the music to drive by fer the next couple of days! halfway through side a and am lovin it long time! will give full review (along with swaffy's tape) in the veddy neah futcha!

jedi goofy, i did indeed receive your package from rebel toys, every thing appears to be a-ok, so go ahead and levae him some positive feedback. without having to go back and hunt through past threads, who else is sending stuff my way for turn around to you? i can't remember:sur: , let me know if i should wait for additional items to arrive, or if i should send you rebel toys package now, either way is fine by me!

since i insist to remain ot here:rolleyes: , my newest mm surprize is finding out that the engine innards inside the cowling of the phoenix ship from titan a.e., glow in the dark! the ship was on top of my computer screen at werk for so long, i finally brought it home, and mason called me into his room last night to see the dayum thing glowing quite impressively! definately a cool feature!

britcit3
01-03-2002, 06:42 AM
Eh up GSJ

I posted you a little goody pack last week containing......

Die Cast Blakes 7 Liberator
My old Norway
3 metal minis (self painted) - dupes of ones that I bought at auction.
One of them looks like it could be a prototype design for a MTT, so I think that you will like it.
Another of them looks like The Scorpio from Blakes 7.

LMK when it arrives (posted on Saturday).

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
01-03-2002, 06:45 AM
thanc bc3!

i still have your package here from richard marceau, i was just wiating for some of the other things to arrive before sending, should i just send it now, or wait for others to arrive?

as always, either way is fine!

britcit3
01-03-2002, 06:58 AM
Hi GSJ

As far as I am aware, there are jusr 2 things that should be on their way to you for me:

The STMM 14 pack - you can take them out of the pack and post them loose if you like (they are part of my growing fleet)

& the custom NX-01 & New Orleans (made of balsa so should weigh almost nothing). - due in about 2 weeks.

So you may as well hold onto the droid until these 2 packs arrive.

Once again cheers & thankyou.

BC3

PS the seller has sent the Blockade Runner direct to the UK for the same price - nutter!

JediGoofy
01-03-2002, 08:22 AM
These are very good news indeed! :happy:

Thank you once again gsj!

If I am correct s43 is sending a Trophy Maul to you for me (can you confirm s43?). I hope you can include it in the package.

By the way I am only interested in the Theed Palace Assault Deluxe Action Set, Mars Guo's Podracer, and Trade Federation Droid Figther. So I will be happy if you keep the Republic Cruiser as a gift for your son (unless bc3 needs it for his AF collection, but unfortunately it was not included in his wish list).

Moreover I still hope someone else has the last few items I am looking for (that is: a Cloud Car Pilot, Snowspeeder grey version from Action Fleet Series Alpha, Trade Federation Tank exploding turret and Trade Federation MTT firing from Trade Federation MTT/Naboo Battlefield Mega Deluxe Action Set, and Landspeeder and AT-ST display stands from KB Exclusive 2-Pack) and wants to trade/sell them to me.

Anyway, gsj, thanks to you this new year starts great! :D

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. If it is OK for you I will send the money for the shipping of the package and for s43 (and for anyone else will help me with my wish list) to you. I hope you can, as additional favour, forward the money to destination. :o Thanks!

jeddah
01-03-2002, 11:30 AM
Paul, the original owner, moved out in September!

We are being lied to by the mortgage broker but as the mortgage is going to be in John's name (and he's self employed hence the need for a broker) they won't talk to me. (And John is not as effective a moaner as me)

She promised us we would be in for Christmas too!:frus: :mad:

Anyway, the valuation is being done tomorrow - I have had the last 3 weeks off work, waiting to move, I go back on the 7th - 4 days time.

I feel a report to the Ombudsman coming on. Thanks for your patience (or resignation to this).

jeddah

vulcantouch
01-05-2002, 12:58 PM
nice childish prankery jdah, i fell for it :p what're vt dts? like what cold-turkeyin alcoholics get? ;)
btw, starbase is Federation Spacedock, & mauve trigger is "kazon fighter" :)

"they're one of my least fave species"
-knowing you, i bet you'll change your mind once you watch tpol :D i like surak's lav/olive color scheme in addition to its angular warpsled shape :cool:

bc3: that guy pirating your pics Was a hilarious bitta nerve on his part, right? (almost as laughable as his $100 buyitnow price eh? :rolleyes: ) i mean, if he's gonna steal why don't he steal somethin better, right? ;D

gsj: you didn't know of phoenix's phosphorescence? hell, i could tell just from the plastic's color & inferior detail retention ;)

jt: "Hey, I read most of this stuff"
-oh you know i didn't mean You :rolleyes: ;)
vt

jeddah
01-06-2002, 02:11 PM
he he, thanks for info VT, Kazon Fighter (I'd re-checked BC3s email and he'd said in that what it was, I was just being pants again) :)

DTs yep, on the right track, but more to do with my procrastination than my taste for liquor :D

jeddah

good shot jansen
01-11-2002, 10:14 AM
this is to confirm that your surprize package containing blakes 7 liberator, norway, and additional sc fi micros has arrived safely!

unfortunately, the postal boys had another wang dang doodle with the box, and the nacelles for the norway were flopping around in the box, disattached from the main body of the ship:(

but have no fear, a lil dab o' crazy glue patched that right up, and the norway is as good as new!:happy:

thanx as well for securing me that die cast att! as it was the last one i needed, i truely appricate your quick grab:)

britcit3
01-11-2002, 10:20 AM
Eh up GSJ

Sorry about the Norway - those resins break if you breath too close to 'em.

No problem with the DIE MTT - will let you know as soon as it arrives.

Cheerio

BC3

good shot jansen
01-11-2002, 10:29 AM
which is your st mm set #14 brit cit!

(i can't believe i got to morning deliveries, usually the post office ain't ever here much before 2: PM)

anyway, as soon as i get the last remianing package (the balsa st customs), i will forward all this in your direction

LTBasker
01-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this but I thought this would be an appropriate thread to post it on. Baal, if you're checking this post over I sent you a private message about a trade proposition just in case you haven't seen it yet.

JediTricks
01-18-2002, 02:08 AM
Just a little gloating, I finally got a Playmates Klingon BOP yesterday in good condition (no box, don't care). Now I only need a playmates Excelsior-class starship and I'm all setting pretty (the Ent-B was released in the Generations line, and then re-released as the Excelsior without mold changes in a different line).

vulcantouch
01-18-2002, 12:57 PM
. . .b'jr & i would do this trade ltb is proposing, if we had an xtra hms that is (i told ltb it wouldn't hurt to axe you :) )
jt: i got a 2ndhand playmets ent-b but you wouldn't want it anyway cuz it's missing its nacelles (i don't miss em much) :)

JediTricks
01-19-2002, 02:09 AM
Oh? If the nacelles are designed to be removable like the ENT-D, I may be able to pick up a set on ebay cheaper than the whole vehicle. Hmm...

vulcantouch
01-19-2002, 10:52 AM
. . .but hey, thanx for ebay tip ;) i just bought latest cinefantastique ish for voy season 7 wrapup. it also has b5 legend of the random rangers article in it- would you like me to enclose when i send legoplates? (i've yet to schedule an archeological dig to retrieve legos, in case wondering; likely sometime this spring.) lmk :)

JediTricks
01-22-2002, 01:15 AM
Thanks, but I'll pass. I love B5, but something about reading about the behind-the-scenes always makes me grit my teeth ever since TNT screwed things up.

jeddah
02-07-2002, 12:26 PM
Following my recent plunge into STmm-dom BC3 has kindly supplied the following to me and my report follows;

Harrier Class scratch-built pre-TOS resin sculpt from BC3 studios :) a nice little steamrunnery feddy ship. pics on BC3s site.
USS Farragut very cool design which I am told comes from ST3. No decals on it though which make it look a bit naked :sur: Love the planchette on top - this reminds me of something but I can't think what; in the same kinda-way that Roy Neary sees Devils Mountain in a pile of mash or foam :D I am more into these kind of obscure looking Federation ships than the rather ordinary Enterprises so I was pleased to receive, in addition;
Future Enterprise D Cool too! Not seen the episode but would love to as this is a really nasty sumbeech. Especially like the spurs on the side nacelle pylons. Can't imagine it being easy for Piker to reconnect the saucer section, tho'.
USS Grissom Hoo-wee. This elegant darling nearly threw a hydrospanner into my favourites category but the Spacedock managed to hold it's ground (possibly because it also looks like the Galactic Senate) :D . I can imagine Beverly driving this around space. Love the long canoe-like keel with it's blue-whale-esque-ness and the blue colour.

So, thanks alot BC3. As I sent all my mm-stands to VT and GSJ I have had to remove the stands from the Kazon fighter, Botany bay and sledge (sorry, Surak :p ) so I can have my Fedleet around my Spacedock.

Will any ST mm ever knock the Spacedock from top of my faves list? Keep sending me freebies and I'll let you know :evil:

jeddah

LTBasker
02-07-2002, 11:28 PM
I'm sure HMS Bounty would, who can resist pivoting wings? :D

JediTricks
02-09-2002, 02:31 AM
What's this talk of the HMS Bounty having pivoting wings?

LTBasker
02-09-2002, 02:33 AM
Ya know, like Voyager's nacelles? I've heard them refered to as pivoting.... I think... maybe I'm getting confused with LEGO joints. I dunno, too many joint names. :D

britcit3
02-09-2002, 05:38 AM
If you go to the Art Asylum site (the inheritors of the Trek license)........

http://artasylum.com/

The have added a Trek icon.

It doesn't actually tell you anything except that new product (probably figs) will be available in Fall 2002.

However, heres hoping for MM and Strike Force type stuff.

The message boards are also well worth checking out - some of their staff actually care enough about their customers to actually repsond to the their enquiries - the chap is called Morpheus.

Cheers

BC3

JediTricks
02-09-2002, 07:30 AM
Figures.com has confirmed the first wave of Trek product from Art Asylum... no MM-style ships:

http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=101&show_article=48

britcit3
02-09-2002, 07:49 AM
They are apparently making a large scale NX-01.

According to the messages boards, we may see shuttle pods included (as with the Captains Yacht with the Ent-E).

If they do make it, I'm having one.

BC3

LTBasker
02-09-2002, 11:29 AM
Oh good, we can eat the cake this time? :D

britcit3
02-17-2002, 03:55 AM
The nice people over at Art Asylum (who actually use their buzz board to communicate with their customers) have recently posted pics of their NX-01, which appears to be about twicethe size of an AF.

Morpheus from AA has just posted the following thread.......

http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000057

He tells use that we can expect to see other Alien ships in scale with the NX-01 - from the Enterprise episodes that I have seen there are quite a few much smaller ships (like the one whose female crew member impregnated the human !(I know!)).

This surely means that we can expect to see some roughly MM sized Trek ships - yippee!!!

Although the Klingon D7 would be massive.

BC3

JediTricks
02-18-2002, 08:05 AM
Nice find BC3!!! That's great news, I hope they can pull it off without stumbling.

good shot jansen
02-18-2002, 11:20 AM
pretty dayum cool if you ask me (http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=29560&domain=figures.com&dom=fig&domain_id=4)

here's the link to see the rest of the photos (http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=29556&domain=figures.com&dom=fig&domain_id=4)

vulcantouch
02-18-2002, 02:22 PM
. . . fool me a zillion times (http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000047)? no problem, i'll gladly keep fallin for it ;)
vt

good shot jansen
02-18-2002, 03:14 PM
oh baby! action fleet comes to trek in a big way! (http://www.americandreamcomics.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/americandreamcomicscomimages211/Star%20Trek%20NX4.jpg)

get it on!
np - t. rex - "bang a gong"

britcit3
02-18-2002, 03:33 PM
SOLD!

How much?

BC3

JediTricks
02-19-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
oh baby! action fleet comes to trek in a big way! (http://www.americandreamcomics.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/americandreamcomicscomimages211/Star%20Trek%20NX4.jpg)

get it on!
np - t. rex - "bang a gong" What was the pic? The whole ADC site says 503 Service Unavailable (I think that means they went over their bandwidth allotment).

good shot jansen
02-19-2002, 08:01 AM
don't know why the link doesn't work for you jt, i tried it agin from my post, as well as from your quote from my post, and both of em worked properly:confused:

JediTricks
02-20-2002, 01:53 AM
Thanks GSJ, it's working now. They must have used up that day's allotment of bandwidth (some hosts give you a limit of daily bandwidth instead of cumulative monthly) when I checked before.

It looks pretty good. You can see the Enterprise inside is just a cardboard mockup, but even there, the lettering on the hull is too small. I wonder if the box will have side windows. ;) (I kinda hate the "back to where it all began" thing though)

rosel_sampson
03-07-2002, 05:20 PM
I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE NEW MM'S STYLE SHIPS ART ASYLUM IS GOING TO GIVE US:crazed:

britcit3
08-13-2002, 02:10 AM
Just got this message via my web site.....

I heard on a message board that Galoob made a 3-pack
of ships for Star Trek: First Contact. They were
supposedly extremely rare (only about 100 made) and
given to employees when their Star Trek licence ran
out. Apparently it included the Phoenix, the Borg
Sphere and either the Enterprise-E or the Akira class
ship (my source wasn't sure which).

He apparently saw a picture of it once and that's it.
I was wondering if you knew anything about this.

Is this true - does anybody (Glitch?) have any info on this?

Cheers

BC3

Glitch
08-13-2002, 02:24 AM
Hi BC3,

Hmmm...

I wish I could help you out on this one, but it's a mystery to me. I don't recall seeing this set at any time, but I would have been going hot and heavy with Episode 1 AF and MM right about then.

Hell, I never received anything.

britcit3
08-13-2002, 10:56 AM
Cheers anway Glitch

BC3

vulcantouch
08-13-2002, 11:38 AM
. . .so my gut tells me this's just a fun fan-started rumor, much like the one we heard ~2 years ago about a limited edition box #4 coming out (w/sphere, dauntless, prometheus, relativity, corrected-undercarriage defiant, 8472 bioship, delta flyer etc etc etc), or the b5 #7 3-pack on ebay four years ago that i bid $5000000 for (surprise surprise, i never had to pay up) :p a few years back i also heard local rumors about a uk-only-released 19-ship b5 box, with the 19th "bonus" ship being a shadow ship. how convenient that these rumors are always set somewhere Other than where they're being spread, doncha think? ;)
vt
np: with my borg queen octohedron, cardie patroller, vulcan lander & ringdriver, romulan courier & jemhadar battleship mms, of course :crazed:

sicqnus
08-13-2002, 12:05 PM
Hi Jim,

Maybe you should help me...

I've seen this Galoob Enterprise-D exclusive offer on a magazine a long time ago (pic is linked below).

I know it's an unpainted ship offered with a decals sheet and manufactured from Lewis Galoob Toys. It was included as a special offer in a StarTrek Enterprise Model.

But wich one ? And wich brand ? (MPC, AMT...?).
Have you got any info ???

http://www.sicqnus.com/options/STGalooboffer.jpg

Thanks per advance.
:confused:

There was another line of MM sized plastic ships made by the brand "Gamescience". The scale was 1/3800e and they were sold unpainted with decals sheet sealed in plastic baggies.
Picture below :

http://www.sicqnus.com/options/gamescience.jpg
[B]

britcit3
08-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Hi Sicqnus

Sorry - never seen that EntD before.

Don't like those plastic minis - but DO like the metal USS Andor pictured.

When I update my site at the weekend, I will be adding lots of pics of metal mini's (painted), that I have recently aquired.

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
08-13-2002, 12:40 PM
I will see that with pleasure !

The Andor class is a FASA miniature (for RPG) done in the 80's.
Very nicely done ships (but difficult to paint well anyway). I compared them to the Rawcliffe Pewter serie and the Pewters are awfully made (and pricey).

There's 14 FASA ships new in package up for auction on Ebay :
auction number : 1756701165

Price is high but these are to me the best ST miniatures ever seen... More a collectible than a toy indeed.

Live long and prosper !

britcit3
08-13-2002, 01:44 PM
Hi there

Whoa - that's a bit pricy for moi at the moment - cool stuff though.

Can you still get FASA mini's in France??

I have just found this Canadian dealer (via Ebay) selling resin MM sized Trek vehicles.

http://www.trinketbaron.com/d1/

The pics of the Akira, Norway & Ent E look kind of familiar though - can't think where I've seen 'em.

BC3

sicqnus
08-13-2002, 02:26 PM
No, unfortunately FASA ships were very rare here and the few people I knew interested in them had to cross the Channel in the past to find them. They were cool shops in Portsmouth and Brighton but they're always been pricey.

I've seen the pics on the site : I know what you mean ;-)

I'm impatient to see the Nemesis Enterprise-E 13" prototype from Art Asylum............................................ ...

Sicqnus

LTBasker
08-13-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by britcit3
The pics of the Akira, Norway & Ent E look kind of familiar though - can't think where I've seen 'em.

Well I know where they got the Norway pic.

This look familiar? It should, I just grabbed it from your Gary Perry section. Same goes for the Akira class.

britcit3
08-14-2002, 12:51 AM
I know !!

I keep seeing my pics on sites and auctions !!!

I wouldn't mind, but my digicam is rubbish - the pics are usually awful.

Oh well.

Cheers

BC3

Glitch
08-14-2002, 02:42 AM
You may want to hold on to your MM funds. There is something MUCH better coming along VERY soon - trust me. :)

monkeyflyers
08-14-2002, 04:20 AM
Are we talking SW here and how SOON will I be spending all my money??

good shot jansen
08-14-2002, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Glitch
You may want to hold on to your MM funds. There is something MUCH better coming along VERY soon - trust me. :)

if anyone needs me, i'll be lying in bed all night, wide awake, waiting in anticipation, wondering what marvelous toys are being shipped as we speak on a slow container ship from galco!

:greedy: :greedy: :greedy:

britcit3
08-14-2002, 08:14 AM
Hey Glitch

You can't do this, man !!

C'mon - just a hint.

BC3

LTBasker
08-14-2002, 09:18 AM
*bows to Glitch* Please please please, this is cruel and unusual punishment. :eek:

At least tell us if it's SW or ST and if it's bigger than a bread box, or bigger than a 3-pack. :D Although exact details would be a big plus... ;)

Glitch
08-14-2002, 01:28 PM
Ok, ok....

That was somewhat cruel, so I will give you a hint:

It is SMALLER than a breadbox.

C'mon this is a MICRO Machines board. Did you think it would be bigger?

I'm sorry I have to be so vague, but I just need to get more details before I can share it with you guys.

It's a genuine "centerpiece of the collection" type of thing.

britcit3
08-14-2002, 01:53 PM
Aye Karumba !!

Bc3

vulcantouch
08-14-2002, 11:54 PM
. . .but of course, that's prolly cuz i'm 98% sure the thing glitch's yankin our chains about concerns af rather than mm, which means i'll be sleepin right thru all That af jazz as always ;)
yknow bc3, you do have every right to mind that these peeple are profiting partly from using your images; at the very least i'd insist they credit you & include a link to your website in their auctions :Pirate:
vt

JediTricks
08-15-2002, 04:29 AM
Glitch did a naughty thing, he made us hope again. :D ;)

LTBasker
08-15-2002, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Glitch did a naughty thing, he made us hope again. :D ;)

And who wants a thing like that? :p

I'm just gettin excited over it cause I'm hoping it's either new STMM's, or rereleases of the rare ones. Who doesn't want a fleet of HMS Bountys and Kazon Torpedos? :crazed:

Glitch
08-15-2002, 11:08 AM
Sorry, but chain jerkin' is not my thing.

SWAFMAN
08-15-2002, 04:53 PM
everybody just chill and wait patiently (well, at least quietly) for Glitch's follow-up. don't try to guess or suppose, 'cuz it's non-productive.

patience, young padawans.... patience...

there. that's much better. aaahhh.

;)

vulcantouch
08-15-2002, 11:31 PM
(vt again dusts off standard-issue obsidian order interrogation gear :evil: ):
then What do you call all them instances where you posted pix of various behind-da-scenes galoobesoterica here, and then removed same mere hours later with Nary an explanation, eh?? hmmm?? eh?? hmmm? i got ya There, now don't i?? :D
i rest my case: glitch is a Master of the chain-yank and, far from denying it, should proudly Own up to said mastery :D
hey jt, were you ever able to get a response outta that other galinsider i referred you to, whose initials are a.y.? :Pirate:
v.t.

darthcarlos
08-16-2002, 12:09 AM
GLITCH

Are we talking about Micro size or Action Fleet size?

Darth Carlos

Glitch
08-16-2002, 11:35 AM
Got ya VT,

The picture in question that I pulled was one that I was unsure whether or not I had permission to show at that time, so I thought twice of it. I have no problem with rare and unique AF and MM images and items of the past, but new Hasbro items are a totally different story. Also, I discovered that the link gave full access to my entire image directory.

I'm sorry if my intensions and actions were misinterpreted.

By the way, all details will be sent via PM's and e-mail.

P.S. An "insider" named AY? Sounds like Anthony to me. If so, I hope he is doing well.

jeddah
08-16-2002, 12:47 PM
..I get it ;)

you guys are going to be stoked! :evil:

jeddah

vulcantouch
08-16-2002, 11:21 PM
just got following email from one of our esteemed foruMMers, who i'll keep anonymous, but about whom i'll just say i've reassured "aw man, you worry too much" on previous occasions ;) lessee if yall agree:

VT,
PLEASE be cool on the MM board with Glitch right now. . . He is not yanking any chains, but I don't want him to misunderstand our friendly joking, and say, "forget you guys" and bail on us.

vt responds: aw man, you worry too much ;) though i spose glitch should be flattered that his participation here is valued so much as to inspire above worryin, i for one imagine glitch considers himself One Of Us, in that he's got the same humor about the same kinda joshin & needlin the rest of us regularly inflict on one another. but, if i'm wrong, just show me where the glitch Idol is so i can bow down solemnly afore it ;)
for the record, my "chain yank" term implies not dishonesty, but simply teasing. like a stripper; you know she's got Somethin under there, but she's still takin her time lettin you see just What. and it hurts So good :happy:
jdah: whaddya git?? oh never mind, i'll be patient & dignifried about this. of course, i can't hep but wonder: is the fact that this tawk's takin place here in the TREK mm thred of any significificance? :sur:
glitch: yup, sounds like anthony to me too ;) lmk if you want details (ooo, vt might've stumbled upon a bargaining chip; Who's Holdin The Chain Now??? ;) )
vt

JediTricks
08-17-2002, 01:44 AM
VT, no I didn't get any response.

Dang it, everybody keeps reminding me that I missed the interesting pics. :( Oh well, at least Glitch isn't in trouble, that IS good since otherwise, he wouldn't be allowed to share his neat insider info with us. :)

Jeddah, what'dya get?

jeddah
08-17-2002, 04:16 AM
I just wanted to be untypically irritating by inferring I was in on Glitch's secret - which I'm not sure if I am. I guess we'll see.

jeddah

Tibor
08-19-2002, 06:52 PM
So Glitch, by noting "MICRO machines" in your earlier post, I'm going to go forth in the happy delusion that you're referring to the small (<3") micros instead of Action Fleet (not that there's anything wrong with AF - nifty actually, I just happen to like the little stuff).

Should anyone in important places in the toy biz happen to be looking for commercial ideas to link the the Indy 4 movie, please dust off your Raiders MM playset concept - that was a beaut!

But back to the task at hand --- weasling info out of your conservatively clamped neurons, would we be considering multiple vessels, or just one linked to some other issue?

JediTricks
08-20-2002, 02:03 AM
BTW, have I mentioned recently that I can't wait for AA's "Enterprise" NX-01 toy (and the rest of that line)? It's killing me that it's due out any day now because I want it for my birthday but I bet I won't find it till Sept.