PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Exclusive Republic Gunship.

Battle Droid
06-25-2008, 08:04 PM
http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=11148

Maradona
06-25-2008, 08:53 PM
If it fits the box art, it should be worth purchasing. I get the suspicion that it will not be $45 like the TRU exclusive was. I'm thinking $30.

Blue2th
06-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Interesting. Looks like the first AOTC Gunship only with a battle worn look, and nose art. Looks like a Twilek.

It's kind of a strange thing nose art. Just like WWII Warplanes, makes you think that Clones had lust in their hearts for the opposite sex? Had someone waiting at home from the war for them? Went out drinking and having fun on shore leave, met some ladies of the night? Didn't they have such things bred out of them in the maturation chamber? I thought they were all business. The Shark Tooth Gunship sort of broke that mold, though more for a menacing intimidating effect.

I like it, will probably buy it.

mtriv73
06-26-2008, 08:09 AM
The box art shows fully closed sides. I wonder if they made a piece to snap in and close off the part left open when you close the back flip-out doors? I've already gotten 3 gunships (I skipped the 1st clone wars one), this will have to be pretty special to justify buying a fourth.

pegger
06-26-2008, 09:34 AM
If you notice on the box - ships have different sticker apps too. I wonder if they are pulling a "Dagger Squadron" with the stickers on this one too.

JMS - I may (pretty please) be needing some help with this one (and the A-Wing). Canada Walmart's don't carry ships.

jedi master sal
06-26-2008, 10:46 AM
If you notice on the box - ships have different sticker apps too. I wonder if they are pulling a "Dagger Squadron" with the stickers on this one too.

JMS - I may (pretty please) be needing some help with this one (and the A-Wing). Canada Walmart's don't carry ships.

Okay to clear a few things up:

Other than the decals (and possibly some weathering) this is the same as the original gunship.

There will be at least 2 decals sets to put on it. One featuring the Tw-Lek trooper, the other Salacious Crumb (or at least one of his race). I know I saw a picture of this somewhere but can't find it now to confirm though.

And of course pegger, I'll help you get these if you need the help. Let me know closer to that time and you can paypal me then.

I plan on getting this version. I like the Twi-Lek deco. Since that's supposed to be a decal, if you don't put it on, you essentially have a regular AOTC gunship, of which I need 2-3 more. So seriously, I can see me getting 4-5 of these. One for each decal set, and 2-3 more to use as standard AOTC gunships. Lord knows I have enough pilots. Plus, with the 2 Clone/Imperial pilot sets I plan on getting, I'll have more...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Hmm . . . I love the gunship, so if I can find that mofo, I'll get it. Dunno about alternate sticker themes, but I already have five gunships, so a few more can't possibly hurt. :D

Phantom-like Menace
06-28-2008, 11:32 AM
This is one of the few times I'm waffling on a purchase due to space concerns. I already have three gunships, and I don't really need another. I really like the alternate decal options and can't believe it's taken Hasbro this long to jump on it. I know I'm tempted to buy two gunships I don't need right now, and it's all because they've finally gone through with this.

Edit: Oh yeah, I wonder if it would be too much to ask for to get some gun pods. I'll buy the damned figures separately, but I'm sick of having three gunships (soon to be four or five if I'm weak) and only one set of pods.

Blue2th
06-28-2008, 12:26 PM
I've got to many Gunships myself, but I don't really like the ROTS grey one. It just looks awful with that grey body and puky yellow green on it. It never really appeared anywhere anyways. I had two and sold one.
For that matter, I don't even remember the Clone Wars Command Gunship being in Clone Wars, as Captain Fordo and his troops were in a red trimmed one that got shot down, I seem to remember. At least it's not as ugly as the ROTS one though.

Kidhuman
06-28-2008, 04:32 PM
It doesnt make a difference as I avent seen a WM exclusive in the lastyear with three WM's around me.