PDA

View Full Version : Target $5 off coupon no longer accepted.

jedi master sal
07-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Official announcement from Target:

July 02, 2008

Target Coupon Fraudulently Tampered with and Transferred

Target no longer is able to accept the coupon
MINNEAPOLIS, Jul 02, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Unfortunately, due to fraudulent tampering and transferring, Target no longer is accepting coupon offers for $5 off a $25 or more toy or general merchandise purchase at Target. The coupons state they are valid through October 1, 2008.

Target sent the original coupons for $5 off a $25 or more toy purchase via e-mail to approximately 85,000 guests during the months of February and March. The altered coupon had an image and the word toy removed to make it appear to apply to any purchase.

Kathee Tesija, executive vice president, merchandising, Target, said, Our goal is to always surprise and delight our guests with great values, and we are disappointed that some of our guests may be inconvenienced by our need to respond to this fraudulent tampering and transferring.

Guests who originally received the coupon will be notified via e-mail that the coupon no longer is being accepted, and they also will receive a $5 Target GiftCard by mail. In addition, Target stores are posting signs at all check-out lanes alerting guests that these coupons are no longer valid.

figrin bran
07-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

jedi master sal
07-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

YESSSSSSSS!

Did you at least get to use this once??

I know that stores have already been alerted to this as I've had a couple of local collecting buds try to use the coupon and it didn't work.

I'll count myself lucky as I used it 6-8 times at least and gave away a couple of dozen to people in stores,not to mention those people I passed along the coupon, er um, information to online. Never once did I alter the coupon. I'm to chicken to do something like that. And shame on those who did, because they ruined it for the rest of us.

Maradona
07-02-2008, 01:29 PM
GREEEEEED!!!!!

That is what must have killed this benefit. Someone probably wanted to exploit this and all of us toy people will now be without it for the toy intensive month to come. I used them about 8-9 times and never had a problem. Easy come, easy go...

Bel-Cam Jos
07-02-2008, 01:41 PM
And with the "Order 66" figures on sale for $6+ each, too...

jedi master sal
07-02-2008, 02:26 PM
And with the "Order 66" figures on sale for $6+ each, too...

You mean the Order 66 sets that weren't supposed to go on sale??? <-sarcasm alert.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Well, that sucks. I got to use one several times, but I was really counting on those to come in handy on July 26. Oh well.

Banthaholic
07-02-2008, 07:42 PM
You know the nerve of whomever ruined this. Greed. A useful coupon is giftwrapped for toy shopping and people got to try and push it for more.

This really would have been nice for the end of this month. I never did get around to using one as I always forgot it the day I found my stuff.

jedi master sal
07-03-2008, 07:41 AM
This really would have been nice for the end of this month.

I hear ya. Whatever I didn't get at TRU I was going to get at Target.

Oh and I signed your petition for Ackmena!

CaptainSolo1138
07-03-2008, 11:08 AM
However, I am still accepting them.:lipsrsealed:

2-1B
07-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Damn, I was hoping to use this for laundry detergent and deodorant.

Banthaholic
07-07-2008, 07:31 PM
I hear ya. Whatever I didn't get at TRU I was going to get at Target.

Oh and I signed your petition for Ackmena!

Thanks, with 4 new Canitna Patrons coming this year, Wuher might need some help on the way or more fights might be breaking out.

El Chuxter
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
That's why I couldn't find this thread. It was under Gen Disc. lol

Mvader91
07-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Just used two of these today! Sweet!

jedi master sal
07-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Just used two of these today! Sweet!

Really?

They are supposed to be discontinued. Perhaps you got noobs at the register. Signs are supposed to be posted everywhere. For both the cashiers AND consumers, so there is no misgiving about the use of these.

Well I guess good on you if you did.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Just used two of these today! Sweet!Because he used it on 2-1B's laundry detergent and deodorant. :lipsrsealed:

I almost bought a rare variant of the Order 66 figure sets: it was down to $3.51 because it had ONLY ONE FIGURE INSIDE! Sweet! :pleased: