PDA

View Full Version : July Hauls

Ji'dai
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
My LEGO collection just increased by two-thousand, three-hundred fifty-two pieces today. DHL delivered my Green Grocer (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10185) I ordered last week!

Can't wait to build it and attach it to my Cafe Corner (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10182) and Market Street (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10190) buildings I got last year.

Unlike its predecessors, this set sports interior furnishings, such as a grandfather clock, fireplace, fire extinguisher(!), and freezer case & cash register/counter for the ground-level grocery. There's also a fire-escape built into the rear. Sweet!

JediTricks
07-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Picked up 3 of the Indiana Jones Titanium Series vehicles yesterday at TRU:

ROTLA Cargo Truck
LC Motorcycle w/sidecar
LC Mark VII Tank

They're all pretty nifty in their own ways, better than I expected.

Beast
07-02-2008, 06:49 PM
Batman the Movie on Blu-Ray.

It's shocking. The picture is nearly flawless compared to the last DVD release.

The new extras are great as well. Great new nterviews with Geoff Johns and Paul Dini, etc.

And the virtual tour of the Batmobile is pretty damn spiffy as well.

TeeEye7
07-02-2008, 06:56 PM
4% raise in salary.

Kidhuman
07-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Weeping Angel from the Doctor Who Line

sergiurusu
07-03-2008, 01:19 AM
Hot Toys Terminator Endoskeleton regular version - already have the damaged version.

JediTricks
07-03-2008, 03:51 AM
Oh man, I started chuckling hard when I saw that boxed-open pic with the wide-open mouth, surprised terminator! :D Luckily, the loose pic fixed that. Pretty dandy, but how much? I'm betting a lot, those Hot Toys imports are expensive.

Ji'dai
07-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Indiana Jones
Colonel Vogel
Dr. Elsa Schneider
Indiana Jones with Sub-Machine Gun
Young Indy

$16.03 in gas ($3.97/gal)...

...plus I found a fin on the sidewalk outside Wal-Mart!

Jedi_Kal-El
07-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Transformers Animated:Optimus Prime vs Megatron 2-Pack

Kidhuman
07-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Just ordered a TARDIS Playset. I am stoked, should have it Monday

jedi master sal
07-03-2008, 07:42 PM
4% raise in salary.

Nice, I'd like to get that but just know I'm not and will be disappointed.

I'd go into a long tirade about how much more I think I'm worth this year compared to last, but to those not involved, it's a long and potentially boring story.

What I'd like to get for a raise: $5K (again long story but for what I accomplished it's totally worth it to them)
What I'd like to get knowing I won't get that kind of a raise: 5%
What I'm likely to get: 2.5-3%

Depressing really.

Yes, I know I should be thankful to be working, but damn, I hate feeling very under appreciated. No amount of "good job" or "attaboys" is going to do it either. Money talks and Bull.... well you know.

Jargo
07-03-2008, 09:06 PM
A whole lot o' looooooove... :love:

TeeEye7
07-03-2008, 09:31 PM
I'd go into a long tirade about how much more I think I'm worth this year compared to last, but to those not involved, it's a long and potentially boring story.

My worthless union failed (again) to negotiate a 5% inequity raise for the people in my unit. My counterparts in the crime scene unit for the city police make 12% more than I do for doing the same job. Instead of being 3% behind, we're 8% behind. And the county wonders why we can't keep our unit fully staffed. :rolleyes:

LTBasker
07-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Hauls for the past 2-3 weeks:
Indiana Jones Cairo Swordsman x2
Star Wars Saga Legends Commander Neyo x1
Star Wars Saga Legends Zev x1
Star Wars Saga Legends Kashyyyk Trooper x1
Hot Wheels Batman 1:50 Tumbler x2 (Pending)
Hot Wheels Batman 1:50 '66 Batmobile x2 (Pending)
Hot Wheels Batman 1:50 Comic Batmobile x1 (Pending)
Order 66 2-pack Obi-Wan/Clone 1 of 6 x2
Order 66 2-pack Tsui Choi/Clone 3 of 6 x2
Order 66 2-pack Palpatine/Clone 4 of 6 x2
G.E.D.
Frame for G.E.D.
Smirnoff Ice Triple Black six-pack
Futurama Beast with a Billion Backs
Diamond Select Stargate SG-1 Serpent Guards x3 (Pending)

Jedi_Kal-El
07-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Smirnoff to celebrate your Good Enough Diploma, eh LT.

LTBasker
07-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Indeed, good enough alcohol for a good enough diploma, seemed like a match to me. :D

Jargo
07-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I got this. (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=97184&doy=4m7) Bought for me. With 650w PSU.

bobafrett
07-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Some ink for my printer, so I can start printing Thank you cards w/notes, and cardstock to go with it..

sergiurusu
07-05-2008, 01:45 AM
Oh man, I started chuckling hard when I saw that boxed-open pic with the wide-open mouth, surprised terminator! :D Luckily, the loose pic fixed that. Pretty dandy, but how much? I'm betting a lot, those Hot Toys imports are expensive.

They are expensive indeed but I think the 2 Endoskeleton versions are maybe the best 1/6 figures ever.:thumbsup:

Attached are some pics of my Battle-Damaged Endo

Jargo
07-05-2008, 03:52 PM
I got this. (http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=97184&doy=4m7) Bought for me. With 650w PSU.and 4gb server Ram. and a complete system case swap done by a computer engineer mate for free.

and you know what? I have absolutely no idea why three people would invest so much time and money to give me this system revamp. absolutely clueless I am. bewildered and shocked. might not seem like a lot to some people but it's a big thing to me.

I remember back in the eighties dreaming of owning a computer. I thought it would make me futuristic. bit sci-fi. a cool accessory. now i sit here staring at three monitors with a computer that processes faster than I think on my more creative days and I bloody well marvel at all those little blinky pixels and this internet and the cordless mouse and all those little tiny bumps and and bits on the motherboard and the processor chip and though I feel cheated that it doesn't have punch cards feeding into it or spinning tape reels and banks of blinking lights and switches, I'm still in awe.

and puzzled.

figrin bran
07-05-2008, 09:50 PM
TFU Prowl
Indy Titanium Cargo Truck
Wall-E Gopher bot

DarthQuack
07-07-2008, 01:56 PM
toilet paper
shaving gel
cheese balls
tortilla chips
brown bags

Kidhuman
07-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Firefly Season on DVD

JediTricks
07-08-2008, 05:07 AM
Saga Legends Biker Scout (clearance at Target)

Indiana Jones Titanium Series Flying Wing - nice, decent paint, assemble is a little sloppy at tails and cockpits are too tall, but generally cool.

Beast
07-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Batman Begins on Blu-Ray
Batman: Gotham Knight on Blu-Ray

DarthQuack
07-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Ric Flair: The Definitive Collection

Ji'dai
07-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Firefly Season on DVD How much did you pay for that set KH? My local Sam's Club has it for under $19.

Came home to find a box full of LEGO goodies on my back porch this afternoon:

Town Plan (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/10184) - 50th Anniversary set featuring a 1950's era city with movie theater, gas station, and town-hall. The cars even have fins!

Indiana Jones Peril in Peru (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7628) - nice addition to the line. I like the looks of the DC-3. Hopefully we'll get the PanAm seaplane in a future release.

Freebies - couple of LEGO 50th Anniversary "gold" brick keychains.

Kidhuman
07-09-2008, 05:37 AM
I got it for free from my job.

El Chuxter
07-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Two kilos of crack

JediTricks
07-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Batman Gotham Knight (Target exclusive with Batman Beyond pilot) - fair to good, but lacking greatness, could have had more varied art styles and writing, and Kevin Conroy shouldn't have voiced ALL the Batman versions, it didn't feel quite right. Not quite as inspired as the Animatrix, but decent none the less.

Harvey Birdman vol 1 - fantastic, needs more extras, but outstanding packaging actually does make up for that.

Iron Man Titanium Man - decent, a little tubby.

and my wisdom tooth in a box - ouch!

Kidhuman
07-10-2008, 05:38 AM
Got my TARDIS playset

Ji'dai
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Received a LEGO City Cement Mixer (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7990) in the mail today.

TeeEye7
07-12-2008, 01:45 PM
Hallmark Ornaments:

Royal Guard
Emperor Palpatine
Imperial Shuttle
The Final Confrontation (Luke vs. Vader)

Thanks to Mrs. TI7 :thumbsup: :love:

JediTricks
07-12-2008, 11:47 PM
KYB GR-2 f. left & f. right Struts - for my Mazda, just had 'em installed today, now it has a much tighter ride in front, and the pricing was low enough that I can get the rear end done too.

Sideshow 12" Luke ANH exclusive - disappointing. Head paint issues, especially the hair, and the top is almost as cheaply produced as Hasbro's version. Accessories lack that little weathered touch that makes this line sing. Exclusive hat is wonky. Priced way too high. Considering asking for a refund.

Transformers Universe Prowl - very cool, wish the wheels were fatter and the paint were a little better or more interesting, but otherwise lots of nifty stuff going on, clever transformation bits, good poseability. Side view is a little gappy, I don't like how the shoulders or torso look from here at all, and the whole thing could use better paint. Homage is good stuff, 280z to a 350z, shoulder rockets, even the chest hood, door wings, and rear end legs make it charming. Still, it's nifty

TFU Sunstreaker - alt mode is good but like their last lamborghini attempt (RID Prowl), they kinda thicken up the car vertically. Deco is badly hurt by yellow paint on black part, impossible to do this right on this budget (needs an extra primer coat underneath). Transformation has a lot of weird and wild stuff going on, kinda Alternators-y. Bot mode is cool, one of the best G1 homages yet (and you can see how they're gonna do Sideswipe with this mold which is cool, a good variation) and just clever on its own. No torso gapping which is great, feels like a rough customer. Head is automorph geared to reveal, also reveals the ears, but this leaves the chest at a 1 or 2 degree angle (you can kinda work with it to get out of there, but it doesn't ratchet so it could break). Upper arms slide off, but I don't mind. A real winner.

figrin bran
07-13-2008, 12:15 AM
Animated Leader class Megatron
Juno Eclipse on clearance at Target for 4.64
McDonald's Transformers Animated Ratchet

JetsAndHeels
07-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Justice League seasons 1 and 2 on dvd...both on sale at Best Buy for $19.99 each.

El Chuxter
07-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Woah! Thanks for the heads up! I might be making a trip for Batman Beyond, Justice League, and that last season of TAS I don't have yet!

Too bad the Superman and JLU series aren't on sale.

bobafrett
07-13-2008, 12:35 PM
2 Royal Guard hallmark ornaments. That's about all I can afford this month.

JetsAndHeels
07-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Woah! Thanks for the heads up! I might be making a trip for Batman Beyond, Justice League, and that last season of TAS I don't have yet!

Too bad the Superman and JLU series aren't on sale.

The JLU sets are on sale also. Best Buy is having a big promotion for the Dark Knight.

TeeEye7
07-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Old stuff to most everyone, but I finally scored the Deuce! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
07-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Thanks to J&H's tip:

Batman: TAS Vol. 4
Batman Beyond Vols. 1-3
Justice League America Vols. 1-2
Justice League Unlimited Vols. 1-2

Meaning, aside from Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker: Uncut Edition and Superman: Brainiac Movie I Can't Remember The Name Of (both bargain basement titles), a volume or two of Superman (not included in this sale), and Static Shock (still not released on DVD in any proper format), my DCAU collection is nearly complete! And years before I thought it would be!

figrin bran
07-13-2008, 08:06 PM
I didn't see J&H's tip but I did read the Best Buy ad this morning, rushed out and filled some holes in my DCAU collection with Season 1 and 2. Unfortunately, they didn't have any of season 3.

JetsAndHeels
07-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Batman: TAS Vol. 4
Batman Beyond Vols. 1-3
Justice League America Vols. 1-2
Justice League Unlimited Vols. 1-2

Nice pickups!! Those are some sweet deals going on there this week.

El Chuxter
07-13-2008, 09:55 PM
No kidding. Especially Season 2 of Batman Begins for $12.99 (IIRC, regular price was $29.99).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2008, 04:23 PM
No kidding. Especially Season 2 of Batman Begins for $12.99 (IIRC, regular price was $29.99).
An entire season of a movie? That's odd!

El Chuxter
07-14-2008, 05:05 PM
D'oh! I meant "Beyond."

figrin bran
07-14-2008, 09:30 PM
I got Last Crusade Indy from HTS today.

JediTricks
07-14-2008, 10:58 PM
D'oh! I meant "Beyond."
We knew what you meant.

Ji'dai
07-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Received my two Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Grail Knight figures from HTS today.

JediTricks
07-19-2008, 02:07 PM
KYB GR-2 rear gas strut x2 - for my Mazda MX6. Now it's totally pimpin', new struts in front and back.

Dane-Elec Universal Portable Memory 1gb - this thing is so cool I had to buy it when I saw it at Target. It's a micro-SD card, which my phone takes, that comes with a Mini-SD adapter, an SD adapter, and best of all, a USB adapter making it a 1gb tiny in-port flash drive. And it was $10!

Iron Man Iron Monger v2 - my buddy Dom sent this to me as I had been looking and Dom is cool. The figure is pretty rad, nicer sculpting and articulation and color than v1, I even like the reveal gimmick. This one has the Hasbro QC curse of Dom though, the left wrist is screwy due to a large chunk of flash that didn't get cut out of the hand, leading to incorrect assembly. Still, quite nifty.

Kidhuman
07-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Lando Stormie comic pack
Agen Kolar. Tarful and Bacara GH packs with their couter parts in which I can not remember

Ji'dai
07-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Indiana Jones

Adventure Heroes
Indiana Jones & Cairo Swordsman
Indiana Jones & German Mechanic
Indiana Jones & Marion Ravenwood
Indiana Jones & Tribal Warrior
Rene Belloq & Ark and Ghost (bought another for the Ark & Ghost)
Sallah & Mummy

Titanium Series
Cargo Truck (Raiders)
Flying Wing (Raiders)
Vogel's Mark VII Tank (Last Crusade)
German Motorcycle (Last Crusade)
Biplane (Last Crusade)
Rocket Sled (Crystal Skull)
Mutt's Motorcycle (Crystal Skull)
Jungle Cutter (Crystal Skull)

DarthQuack
07-19-2008, 06:47 PM
An awesome week of memories on vacation including scaling the highest peak in New York, Mt. Marcy.

figrin bran
07-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Titanium AT-TE repaint
DC Infinite Heroes Captain Marvel "Shazam", Guy Gardner, Adam Strange

Jedi_Kal-El
07-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Transformers Animated Grimlock

figrin bran
07-21-2008, 09:19 PM
From HTS: Last Crusade Grail Knight and Young Indy

JediTricks
07-22-2008, 01:58 AM
TF:U Tankor - Hit Target for some SDCC supplies (Ensure, sunscreen, I don't even remember what else) and found this one. Even though I had been adequately warned, I had to know in person, so down went $10. Man, there is officially a new court jester in the Classics line, Tankor has dethroned the previous one, Astrotrain. I didn't like Astrotrain, but he was a sight better than this all-around loser. Whoever designed Tankor here needs to put down the pipe and get himself to an NA meeting, stat. So many poor ideas, a really stupid head, and underwhelming sculpting. And what's the hinged buttplate about? How they could take a weak G1 character and make him worse in every way is impressive, but the figure itself is merely laughable at best.

El Chuxter
07-22-2008, 09:50 AM
And what's the hinged buttplate about?

The original design called for him to drop poo-bombs, sort of playing up an inside joke among the Hasbro guys that his name was "Tankor." The bombs were scrapped, but they forgot to remove the hinge.

Kidhuman
07-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Picked up the CW GH Figs yesterday.

Plo Koon/Capt Jag(off)
Bar2/Slave Leia
Shaak Ti/Bodyguard

DarthQuack
07-22-2008, 12:48 PM
$30 some dollars in groceries.

Blue2th
07-23-2008, 10:02 PM
At Target:
Picked up both GI Joe M.A.S.S. Device DVD packs today, as well as the Star Wars Titanium Cloud Car and Wedge's X-Wing.

Yesterday I found at Target of all places two Beatles themed Corgi London Buses, with Abbey Road and Revolver graphics on them. Still looking for the Sgt.Peppers one.

Mvader91
07-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Have you watched the DVDs? R they worth getting?

Blue2th
07-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Have you watched the DVDs? R they worth getting?

I opened one and started watching the "Revenge of Cobra" but yes In my opinion they are a great value considering all the stuff you get for $20. There's a small poster in there too.

I was all giddy when I put the DVD in started watching it. It brought back all the memories. A lot better than trying to watch it on grainy Youtube.
Unfortunately I fell asleep because I took some Nyquil for a headcold. Gonna watch it again today.

figrin bran
07-26-2008, 01:21 AM
My SDCC haul:

SWSShop's Clone exclusive
Cars Lightning Storm McQueen
JLU Giganta
BSG pewter silver Viper
BSG I *heart* toasters t-shirt
Heroes "villains" t-shirt
Superman logo shirt - Kingdom Come style
a ton of freebies including a Cody CW mask, a Batman mask, a Spiderman mask, a card that someone from Collection Station gave me ;)

Ji'dai
07-26-2008, 02:18 AM
Midnight Madness Hauls:

Legacy Collection
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker
Chewbacca
Leektar & Nippet
Ak-rev
Yarna d'al' Gargan x2
Bane Malar
Padme Amidala

Clone Wars
R2-D2

jedi master sal
07-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Midnight Madness HAUL!

First let me point out that TRU figure prices were $6.99 each, not the $7.99 that was anticipated. That alone saved me more than $30.

Second, I got so much I had to think about what I wanted to open first. So, after a couple of minutes I decided on giving that honor to Yarna since I had waited for her for so long. (please post what you opened first for your midnight madness haul and if there was any reason for your choice-I'm just curious).

Okay so here we go:

Legacy Wv 1
Han X1
Luke X1
Chewie X1
Vader X1
Yarna X1
Ak-Rev X1
Ewoks (Leektar and Nippet) X2 (using the other for a custom)

Legacy wv 2
Obi-wan X1
Saesee Tiin X1
Padme X1
Clone (with quad gun) X1
IG lancer droid X3
Mon Cal warrior X2 (wanted 5)
Quarren warrior X2 (wanted 5)
Scuba trooper X5

Evolutions Padme X1
Evolutions Imperial pilots X1 (wanted 2)

missed both Rebel sets. In fact only one set was found by someone at my local TRU and I was the only person to have the sole Imperial set...

Galactic Heroes:
Jar Jar/Destroyer droid X1
Plo Koon/Captain Jag X1
Shaak Ti/Magnaguard X1
Slave Leia/Bar2-D2 X1

Set of 3 lightsaber stylus for the DS <--very cool, IMO

Ships:
AT-TE X1 YES!!!
Falcon X1 <--of course...
Homing Spider Droid X3
V-19 X1
B-wing X1

LEGO:
TRU exclusive Homing Spider Droid set

So other than a few extras and the Rebel Pilots evolutions, I had an amazing haul.

I showed up at my local TRU at 6pm! First in line of course. I was prepared with a line list for people to sign into so they could hold there place in line, in case they needed to go across the street to the Pizza Hut to use the bathroom. I made my own "visual wants list" using pics from the net. This was to benefit my fiancee so she new exactly what to look for. I went into the store a few times to check on the progress of the set-up and just chat with the workers, many of which I've known for years now. Next person in line didn't show until 8:30pm, it stayed slow with about 8 people up until 11pm, THEN finally the rush of people was on, and the line extended to just under 60 people. Many kids, which surprised me just a little. Not because of their interest, but because their parents would bring them out so late. I was very happy to see that though. The kids bought mostly LEGO and the animated stuff (along with ships) and the adult collectors went more for the Legacy stuff. It was a huge success for my local store as they either sold out of some things or were severely low in stock. It's both good and bad. Good because sales were great. Bad because they won't get a truck for about a week, so the shelves look kind of bare right now and the toys just hit.

I of course knew several people that were in line. Some being fellow local collectors from my local club, some friends for years now, one of which I hadn't seen in about a year, so that was very cool.

It was a blast and I held my perfect record of being first in line. It's not that I have to be the first to get the stuff, it's (for me) a way of showing loyalty to the line that I take the extra effort to be their early and hopefully first.

Anyway, when all was said and done, I got home around 1:15am. I only opened 6 figures. I was just too darned tired.

So for the finale...

Total spent: $720.74

I had $875 in gift cards and cash and would have spent it all had I been able to get the evo sets and the extra figs I wanted. Since I buy my gift cards from my local grocery chain that gives money off on gas at their gas stations per $50 you spend, I ended up racking up $2.50 per gallon of gas off the next time I use my "Fuel Perks."

Wow what a night!

Most likely the last one, and it was worth it!
-Sal

P.S. I forgot, a couple of my buds that were at TRU went up to the WM afterwards to look for stuff they missed. WM didn't put ANYTHING out!!! hah! Wow, did WM lose BIG last night in my area. And I know for a fact that there was at least 20 people there waiting for the stuff to be put out (a report I got by cell phone form one of those buds). Man, I would have been PSSD if I'd have waited all that time for nothing. I didn't bother to go out this morning. With such few things I need to get, I'm sure I'll find it in the next few weeks before the next waves of things show up.

Kidhuman
07-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Yarna
Bane
Ak-Rev
Vader(2 part helmet)
Leektar and Nippet

jedi master sal
07-26-2008, 07:28 PM
I went out again this afternoon to see if I could pick up some of the scraps left from my wants list that I didn't get at midnight madness. I managed to score the Hoth Patrol Battle pack (Han and Chewie one). Though I apparently missed the Hoth Biker set (I had received a tip form a local collecting friend about the battle packs being there, but didn't get there in time to get both of them as he reported to me that they were both there).

I got a call at about 6pm from another collecting friend. He found more figs at my local WM. Apparently there were more a few aisles down from the main display and this time it WAS Legacy figs. (I had been there earlier in the day and either these weren't out or I missed them-but on a good note I found the Rebel I evolutions set and it rang up for only $15!) He picked me up the extra Mon Cals and Quarren I wanted, so I'm totally caught up on Wv 1 & 2 Legacy. In fact all I need is the Hoth Biker ste and the Rebel II Evolutions set (which I haven't seen anyone else reporting being found) and I'm totally caught up (for about two weeks until the next waves of new stuff roll in.

Including the two sets I got today and the figures I'll get from my buddy tomorrow, that's another $82.39 for a total of $803.13 spent this weekend.

JetsAndHeels
07-26-2008, 07:39 PM
My MM hauls:

Legacy-
Han
Luke
Chewie
Vader (2 piece helmet)
Yarna
Bane
Ak-Rev
Scuba Trooper
Evo Trooper
Snow Bunny Padme
Obi-Wan
Saessae Tinn
IG Lancer Droid
Clone w/quad
Mon Cal
Quarren

clone wars-
Yoda
Greivous
Captain Rex
Obi-Wan x2
Anakin
R2
Clone trooper
Battle Droid

And last, but definately not least, the BMF

bobafrett
07-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Yarna d'al' Gargan
Bane Malar

That's all I could afford to spend. We had plenty of figures left at my Wal-Mart, just not sure which ones I should have picked up, but ten they were probably gone before I got off of work at 4 pm.

Ji'dai
07-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Picked up the Evolutions Rebel Pilot Legacy set (Bold/Janson/Numb) this afternoon.

figrin bran
07-26-2008, 11:19 PM
I spent somewhere around $180 on figures today!

Clone Wars Obi-Wan
Anakin
Yoda
R2
4 X Clone Troopers
Captain Rex
Battle Droid

from Legacy

Bane Malar
Saesee Tinn
Scuba Clone
IG Lancer Droid
Mon Cal soldier
Quarren soldier
Obi-Wan in clone armor

Padme evolutions
Rebel Pilots evolutions

As I just returned from Comic Con and spent a bit of cash there, I can't afford BMF or an AT-TE just yet.

Kidhuman
07-27-2008, 02:26 AM
Picked up an animated Obi-Wan in clone armor. I like that figure alot. I like the helmet/head swap better than the placing the helmet on the other non animated one. I also got the JJB/DD Gh pack and lancer droid.

figrin bran
07-27-2008, 07:52 PM
I got all of this from Target for only around $8 today

2 X Kashykk Troopers, 1 Juno Eclipse for $1.66 each

Transformers Animated Snarl, Jazz, Soundwave

I had a $25 gift card and used the $5 off TF'sAnimated coupon from McDonalds to bring the price down to $7 something.

I also got TFAn. Grimlock from Walmart.

jedi master sal
07-28-2008, 01:20 PM
I got all of this from Target for only around $8 today

2 X Kashykk Troopers, 1 Juno Eclipse for $1.66 each

Transformers Animated Snarl, Jazz, Soundwave

I had a $25 gift card and used the $5 off TF'sAnimated coupon from McDonalds to bring the price down to $7 something.

I also got TFAn. Grimlock from Walmart.

I'm not collecting the animated TFs, but dang, I might just get Soundwave. I saw Snarl and Jazz and passed on them both.

JetsAndHeels
07-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Yesterday I picked up a spider droid and Commander Fox.

I am probably going to get the torrent starfighter today.

Old Fossil
07-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Today at WM I got

Yarna
Bane Malar
Ewoks
Ak-Rev

and the two Hoth Battle Packs -- the first BP's I've ever bought, actually!

Guess I'll drop back by and pick up the RotJ Vader to complete that R7 droid.

TeeEye7
07-28-2008, 08:54 PM
BMF.

Thanks to Mrs. TI7 :love:!

El Chuxter
07-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Masterpiece Megatron
Business Suit Cobra Commander
MARS Corporation (Destro's company, if'n you didn't know) company t-shirt
Watchmen t-shirt
Comic Book Legal Defense Fund t-shirt
Snake Eyes poster
Combat Heroes Snake Eyes
a bazillion trade paperbacks (mostly stuff I want to try or was looking for deals on: Invincible, Cerebus, Sandman, Preacher, and Ennis' Punisher)

And my new favorite material possession:
autographs from Larry Hama and Steve Leialoha on the reprint of GIJoe #21 ("Silent Interlude," AKA "one of the best damned comics ever created")

figrin bran
07-29-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm not collecting the animated TFs, but dang, I might just get Soundwave. I saw Snarl and Jazz and passed on them both.

My suggestion, Sal. Don't get Soundwave! Snarl and Jazz are far better. Unless you like the Scion alt mode for Soundwave, the bot mode is a bit underwhelming. But in the end, it's up to you and if you like it, buy it.

Tonight I ordered the Combat Heroes Snake Eyes from HTS along with the titanium Wedge X-Wing. I didn't want to deal with the ticket nonsense at SDCC and then wait 2 hours.

Ji'dai
07-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Picked up five 65-quart clear plastic totes today. After the recent flood, I decided to migrate the ol' comic collection out of cardboard long boxes to plastic containers.

And I didn't get the BMF, but TRU did let me have four Falcon shipping cartons today. :bandit:

That's right. I'm gonna make my own Falcon.

JON9000
07-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Toys:

Millennium Falcon (Yes!)

Music:

The Dark Knight Soundtrack (CD)
Liquid Liquid- Liquid Liquid (CD)
The Black Hole Soundtrack (vinyl)
Liquid Liquid- Optimo (vinyl)
U2- War (180g vinyl)
Led Zeppelin- The Song Remains the Same (180g vinyl)

Misc:

Fax Machine