PDA

View Full Version : The Great AT-TE

Bosskman
07-03-2008, 06:22 AM
Here's my review of this monster now that I have it:

It's way bigger than I thought it would be. It's pretty wide as well as high off the ground (Clones can fit underneath it) The feet come with wheels you can snap on or leave off. The main gun is HUGE, but because of the scale of the behemoth, you really can't appreciate it until you see it rigth in front of you. The rear area opens pretty smoothly. It's actually really cool. There are only 8 or 9 stickers that have to be applied but there are others already applied. (like in the front section with the 3 seats. The side door top flaps make a loud snap when you open and close them. It almost sounds like they're going to break. That's the only bad thing I can say about the truly amazing vehicle.

Contrary to what some people have stated before this thing does not walk. The legs are highly articulated though, and each marked specifically where they need to be attached to the main body.

This is really one sort of vehicle we never actually thought they'd made. The size, features, attention to detail (like places for blasters and stuff all throughout the inside). Can't wait for the Falcon.

It would be really sweet if they would update the AT-AT like this.

jedi master sal
07-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Here's my review of this monster now that I have it:

It's way bigger than I thought it would be. It's pretty wide as well as high off the ground (Clones can fit underneath it) The feet come with wheels you can snap on or leave off. The main gun is HUGE, but because of the scale of the behemoth, you really can't appreciate it until you see it rigth in front of you. The rear area opens pretty smoothly. It's actually really cool. There are only 8 or 9 stickers that have to be applied but there are others already applied. (like in the front section with the 3 seats. The side door top flaps make a loud snap when you open and close them. It almost sounds like they're going to break. That's the only bad thing I can say about the truly amazing vehicle.

Contrary to what some people have stated before this thing does not walk. The legs are highly articulated though, and each marked specifically where they need to be attached to the main body.

This is really one sort of vehicle we never actually thought they'd made. The size, features, attention to detail (like places for blasters and stuff all throughout the inside). Can't wait for the Falcon.

It would be really sweet if they would update the AT-AT like this.

Okay so a few questions:

1. How and where did you get this?
2. It's 4 seats in the front not 3. We've seen pictures from Toy Fair. Care to take a pic and show us if it is 3 or 4?
3. How many clones does the cockpit hold?
4. Do they stand or sit in it?
5. Can I have your AT-TE?

Blue2th
07-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Bout time you Canadians got to pick first aay :thumbsup:

So is that a tri-logo box, or anything different from what us Yanks might expect?

Bosskman
07-03-2008, 07:03 PM
JMS,

1. I got it yesterday at a used CD store here in Saint John, New Brunswick Canada that carries SW stuff among other things.
2. You're right, there are 4 seats. It's so freakin' wide that you couldn't see the far sided seat from the angle I was at.
3. The cockpit (the boxy frontmost compartment that is) holds one standing clone.
4. I guess you could pose the clone sitting but he's have no place for is posterior to rest.
5. Not on your life, it's mine.

Blue2th

The box has enlish, french and spanish, but the AT-TE itself only has english (it says so on the box). I haven't put batteries in it yet.

2-1B
07-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Awesome, I can't wait to buy 5 ! :grin:

DarthBrandon
07-03-2008, 07:50 PM
JMS,

1. I got it yesterday at a used CD store here in Saint John, New Brunswick Canada that carries SW stuff among other things.
2. You're right, there are 4 seats. It's so freakin' wide that you couldn't see the far sided seat from the angle I was at.
3. The cockpit (the boxy frontmost compartment that is) holds one standing clone.
4. I guess you could pose the clone sitting but he's have no place for is posterior to rest.

Blue2th

The box has enlish, french and spanish, but the AT-TE itself only has english (it says so on the box). I haven't put batteries in it yet.

I will vouch for him on that JMS, it's the same place I picked mine up at a week or so ago. There are a few pics in the Canadian Found thread with it boxed on mom's table. It will stay that way until X-mas as it is Brandon's gift. I will pick up a second later on after I pick up my Falcon that's on hold at TRU.:thumbsup: They won't let me buy it until the 26th.:sad:

jedi master sal
07-03-2008, 08:28 PM
JMS,

Blue2th

1. Cool, and kudos to you for scoring it.
2. I thought so. Yeah from an angle it can appear to be 3. glad we got that cleared up.
3. Darn, was hoping it held two sitting, oh well, that will do.
4. Hmm, well, this might be something to make a non-permanant seat for.
5. Ah, pretty please!

Oh well, ok. You Canucks deserve to get things first from time to time to, eh. And if someone off the street asks you about them, just say you don't know what they're talkin a'boot. heh heh. I kid because I love you Canuckle Heads!

jedi master sal
07-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I will vouch for him on that JMS, it's the same place I picked mine up at a week or so ago. There are a few pics in the Canadian Found thread with it boxed on mom's table. It will stay that way until X-mas as it is Brandon's gift. I will pick up a second later on after I pick up my Falcon that's on hold at TRU.:thumbsup: They won't let me buy it until the 26th.:sad:

Lucky sonofabiscuit...

Well, I'm only starting with one for now, then will pick up another one or two in the couple of months to come afterward. (with all luck, if they don't sell out first)

JediTricks
07-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Congrats on the get. Dang it, now I am tempted to buy this again, why would you do this to me?!? :p

jonthejedi
07-05-2008, 05:49 AM
Does anyone have the Target DPCI# for the AT-TE?

mm74md
07-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Does anyone have the Target DPCI# for the AT-TE?

087-06-1555 Clone Wars AT-TE $99.99

Maradona
07-10-2008, 10:50 AM
087-06-1555 Clone Wars AT-TE $99.99

Hmmmm, I wonder if they'd bring this out...

jedi master sal
07-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder if they'd bring this out...

Well PLEASE let us know if you are successful.

I'm half tempted to do this too, but I've already committed to buying from TRU. I've already got $500 worth of gift cards for TRU for that purpose. Though, I do have another $300 in cash just in case I need to buy from somewhere else.

Phantom-like Menace
07-12-2008, 12:40 AM
So very evil to have this and not give us some pictures.;)

I'm glad some of us already have this. I'm finding myself more and more annoyed that as I come up on the end of the month my financial situation is getting more and more tenuous. I might be able to swing one immediately, but the second I may not be able to afford until after these things are no longer on the shelves.

Maradona
07-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Well PLEASE let us know if you are successful.

I'm half tempted to do this too, but I've already committed to buying from TRU. I've already got $500 worth of gift cards for TRU for that purpose. Though, I do have another $300 in cash just in case I need to buy from somewhere else.

I doubt I'll try. I'm under the impression there will be a sale the week the film comes out. I might just hold out until then... on principle.

Tycho
07-15-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm going to love getting the AT-TE. Ever since I saw it in the movie, I wanted a toy of this walker made!

I'm going to PLAY with this thing!

Do the front cannons fire like missiles, too? (Like the Republic Gunship's do?)

Bosskman
07-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Yes they do, so do the 2 in the back.

jonthejedi
07-16-2008, 05:47 PM
I also heard the 4 in front rotate in synch, even though you can fire each independently.

Bosskman
07-17-2008, 05:23 AM
That is true. You can move them semi independantly, but it's hard and I don't think it was meant to be that way so I just left mine alone. Man that thing is a huge beast. It makes the gunship look like a mosquito. I'd still like a modified gunship-carrier for it though. The scale would be off from the movie but it would still be cool.

Tycho
07-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Good to hear it has some size. I was worried the legs were just re-used from the AT-AP, etc.

Sounds like it's worth the price.

How are the electronics?

Bosskman
07-17-2008, 04:41 PM
I haven't put batteries in it yet and probably won't for a while as it's on my shelf with a bunch more Geonosis stuff.

Jaff
08-13-2008, 03:50 PM
I love the AT-TE, esspecially the sounds. The opening ramp is the coolest sound/feature to be combined in a while. The only problem I have with the AT-TE is it's legs. They keep falling off, and I can imagine that in a few years they won't stay on.

Anyone else have problems with the legs?

Tycho
08-13-2008, 04:06 PM
I love the AT-TE, esspecially the sounds. The opening ramp is the coolest sound/feature to be combined in a while. The only problem I have with the AT-TE is it's legs. They keep falling off, and I can imagine that in a few years they won't stay on.

Anyone else have problems with the legs?

Yes. This has been widely discussed since the vehicle came out the other week.

The fix: go to Home Depot and buy some refridgerator line tubing, 3/16" OUTER DIAMTER (OD) - it's like $3.99 or less in the plumbing section. You'll get many feet of it, but you only need to cut 12 less than 1/2 pieces and stuff them inside the leg joint prongs (at the "hips" and at the feet). It pushes the holding prongs apart wider and makes them catch. I haven't found it to work as perfectly as others have said it does, but my AT-TE is standing. I'm just not continuously posing it. But it won't collapse when I open the troop compartment or fire its cannons.

bigbarada
08-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Yes. This has been widely discussed since the vehicle came out the other week.

The fix: go to Home Depot and buy some refridgerator line tubing, 3/16" OUTER DIAMTER (OD) - it's like $3.99 or less in the plumbing section. You'll get many feet of it, but you only need to cut 12 less than 1/2 pieces and stuff them inside the leg joint prongs (at the "hips" and at the feet). It pushes the holding prongs apart wider and makes them catch. I haven't found it to work as perfectly as others have said it does, but my AT-TE is standing. I'm just not continuously posing it. But it won't collapse when I open the troop compartment or fire its cannons.

The tubing that I bought was sold by the foot at 19 cents per foot. There were a pair of cutters next to these big reels of tubing and I cut off one foot of it and paid 20 cents (with tax) for it at the register. Are you buying full reels of the stuff?

Even with multiple AT-TEs, I think one foot per AT-TE should be more than enough.

Mvader91
08-15-2008, 02:01 AM
I guess for 100.00 you should not have to play Bob the Builder!

bigbarada
08-15-2008, 02:18 AM
I guess for 100.00 you should not have to play Bob the Builder!

You're right, we shouldn't have to resort to this considering the price of the toy. However, the funny thing is, most of the people who own an AT-TE still love it despite this problem. And once it's fixed the toy is truly amazing.

Tycho
08-15-2008, 06:38 AM
I asked for where they had the tubing you could cut and they said they didn't do that, so I bought what I did. No regrets though.

Ando
08-15-2008, 12:31 PM
I asked for where they had the tubing you could cut and they said they didn't do that, so I bought what I did. No regrets though.

I didn't even bother asking. I went to Home Depot, and the employees there scatter like roaches when they see you coming.

I just paid my $3.69 and got enough to last me for 100 AT-TE's.

Personally, I kind of liked having to do this fix and make something like this even better. I've always like modifying things, so it was kind of fun for me.

bigbarada
08-17-2008, 03:02 AM
Personally, I kind of liked having to do this fix and make something like this even better. I've always like modifying things, so it was kind of fun for me.

Y'know, I actually agree with you there. While I still believe that Hasbro's QA/QC department seriously dropped the ball here, it is kind of fun going out and searching for a solution to the problem. When you modify a toy like this, it's like making it your own and it becomes more than something that you just picked up off of the toy shelf.

Anyways, now that it's fixed, I have nothing but love for this toy.:love:

El Chuxter
08-17-2008, 11:01 AM
Funny, I find that Home Depot around here is the last place on earth one can actually find helpful employees....

I'm of the mind that, fun to fix it or not, for $100, that thing had better be perfect. Heck, for $100, it had better make me breakfast in bed every morning.

Blue2th
08-17-2008, 11:51 AM
I went to Lowes which is right next door to the Target I bought the AT-TE.
I couldn't find any 3/16 tubing. Maybe everybody is buying it up for their AT-TE's?
You can buy tubing by the foot or a whole roll, somebody must have bought the whole 3/16 roll. So I bought some 5/16 tubing, one foot for 18 cents. I hope that works. Anybody using the 5/16? I know they mentioned it as either 3/16 or 5/16 in the fix article.

Tycho
08-17-2008, 11:54 AM
I bought both and the 3/16 fit better, but my legs have ONCE fallen off still - it happened yesterday.

I might switch to 5/16, but I had a hard time fitting it before.

These are the OUTER DIAMETER measurements of the tubing.

Blue2th
08-17-2008, 12:36 PM
I bought both and the 3/16 fit better, but my legs have ONCE fallen off still - it happened yesterday.

I might switch to 5/16, but I had a hard time fitting it before.

These are the OUTER DIAMETER measurements of the tubing.

So the 5/16 is a tighter fit, and perhaps make the legs move less as well?

Tycho
08-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Well, the 5/16 doesn't "fit," you have to crush-squeeze it to get it in there, though that's not hard. It just didn't look like the Rebelscum picture, so I went with the 3/16.

Like I said, my AT-TE's legs fell off again yesterday, but I put them back on still using the 3/16 because I didn't feel like taking the time to cut the 5/16. I might do so soon though. Maybe that will work better.

bigbarada
08-17-2008, 01:06 PM
I thought I had bought 3/16" tubing; but, after looking more closely at it, the tubing I got is actually 5/16" OD (outer diameter) and 3/16" ID (inner diameter). It was a tight fit, but I've haven't had a problem with the legs falling off at all.

Danoby
08-18-2008, 03:38 PM
So everyone is running around town looking for plastic tubing that has to be the right size and fit, and by trial and error if your lucky to get it to work!

I found a better solution that works and is allot easier to find!

Get ready for this.

"Mighty Putty"!
Not only does it work but it's allot easier to find than some plastic tubes that your not even sure if it will work!
I can even do really cool poses because the joints are are tight and secure! The trick to using this stuff is not to over do it on the joints.
Danoby

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u299/Danoby/AT-TElegs.jpg

Ando
08-18-2008, 04:02 PM
That's awesome, Danoby!

I had pretty good luck with the 5/16" tubing. It makes the legs sturdy as heck and I can still disassemble and repack it when my friends and nephew have gone home.

Bosskman
08-18-2008, 07:47 PM
I saw that mighty putty commercial last night, but since my AT-TE doesn't have this problem I don't need it.