PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow 1:6 scale Ki-Adi Mundi

Darth Cruel
07-03-2008, 08:07 PM
This figure is being previewed now!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=5069&source=070308news

Blue2th
07-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Saw that. I will probably buy him. Have all the other Prequel Jedi, and Aayla on order.
I was hoping they would do Saaese Tin first, because the Hasbro one I have is not too bad, but oh well. :thumbsup:

Darth Cruel
07-03-2008, 11:23 PM
I am really liking the growing group of alien Jedi that has been ade by Sideshow. I think they look great displayed together.

Blue2th
07-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Yes :yes:

So, I wonder what the exclusive accessory will be? I can't think of anything. Maybe something obscure from a comic? Anything except another holo.

Whos left to do from the more well known Jedi or the Council? (besides Yoda)
I can only think of Saaese right now. Maybe Agen Kolar. With him and Tin that would make all the characters from Palpatine's arrest.

There are lots of second tier Jedi they could do, and I would welcome those as well like Coleman Trebor or Pablo Jill. Though I don't know if they would do well being obscure.

Jayspawn
07-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Ki-Adi is one of my favorite Jedi and I would totally get this. Except....

...he has to cost UNDER $60. So I'll probably end up passing.

Supprisingly I've made a stand not to pay Sideshow's outragous and obscene prices and I've stuck to it.

Blue2th
07-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I've passed on a few repeats of OTC ones, but what ya gonna do? Who else is going to make these anytime soon? Especially the never made before Alien Jedi (Ki-Adi-Mundi excluded of course, and cheesy Hasbro Plo Koon))
I have a lot of points racked up so I'll probably use it on Ki.
If there were no "Exclusives" I would pass on a lot of them.
Most can be got easy on ebay cheap after a while anyways.

Darth Cruel
07-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Agen Kolar would make an awesome figure! I really want him as well. Or Eeth Koth. Either one of them is good for me. Both would be even better.

Blue2th
07-05-2008, 04:53 AM
Eeth Koth has a more interesting face, but Agen Kolar would probably be the one made if they did.http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17683&d=1215251592

Darth Cruel
07-05-2008, 04:46 PM
It is the costumes that I like a lot. They are more robes than the regular Jedi pants that we see so much of.

Blue2th
07-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Ki Adi Mundi is up for pre-order right now.

This is a switch for Sideshow. Hardly any announcement. Just found out about it by reading the newsletter. No usual priority-pre-order hastyness with exclusive piece. No fanfare.

Well I ordered mine anyways. He's not due till the fourth quarter of '08.

Jayspawn
07-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Pass. Do you think I'm stupid Sideshow? Tryin to pass a less-than$50 off for $70?

It'll be on clearance in a few months. I'll get one then.

JediTricks
07-11-2008, 01:39 AM
I do have to wonder what's going on here. High price for an old buck body figure that has just 1 accessory (the deactivated hilt doesn't totally count since it's the same mold, just no blade glued into the top), a fairly standard costume, no prior notice of it going on sale, and no exclusivity. A real odd piece, I definitely will pass because I hate the character, but I would have anyway due to the weirdness and high price.