PDA

View Full Version : This Is Getting Out Of Control!!!!

jedimastergeorge06
07-04-2008, 08:43 PM
I was on ebay looking around and found another stupid ebayer selling a han solo figure from the legacy collection for an extremely high price.....check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Legacy-Collection-HAN-SOLO-1ST-DAY-OF-ISSUE_W0QQitemZ140246634878QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m140246634878

Mvader91
07-04-2008, 09:04 PM
That is ricoculous!

Jedi_Kal-El
07-04-2008, 10:11 PM
A. I'm not about to ever pay that for a single figure. Ever!!!!
B. I'm not a MOC collector so that first day release stuff isn't a big deal.

There's going to be one person that's willing to pay that though so they can be the first one to have it. If they want to spend that much for one figure that'll cost them $6.99 in a few weeks then more power to them.

sith_killer_99
07-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Interesting, the auction says:

"These 1st Day of Issue are the successors to the Ultimate Galactic Hunt campaign from a few years back. Get this while you can - they are hot!"

:rolleyes:Idiots:rolleyes:

obi-dad
07-04-2008, 11:25 PM
I never understood paying to have a figure first. Who cares? If I get the figure in August and someone did Buy It Now for $75, we would both still have the figure in August, but I spent a lot less. Now, if you were paying for something customized or something that was unique... I could understand that.

Jedi_Kal-El
07-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Interesting, the auction says:

"These 1st Day of Issue are the successors to the Ultimate Galactic Hunt campaign from a few years back. Get this while you can - they are hot!"

:rolleyes:Idiots:rolleyes:

Funny thing is, these won't be worth any more than the regular releases in the long run. If you look on ebay, you can find UGH figures for the same price as the others if you look for the right auctions.

Edit; I'm tempted to send the seller a message and let them know that fans aren't going as nuts for them as they think.

bigbarada
07-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Well, if this person sells this figure, then I guess that would make him/her smart and the buyer would be the dumb one.:yes:

Jargo
07-05-2008, 07:39 AM
if it was a decent product and not some cheap mass produced pice o' carp I might understand someone paying a lot to have one first or just have one. but it is a cheap mass produced pice o' carp so whoever buys it at that price is a complete assclown.

jjreason
07-05-2008, 08:35 AM
The song remains the same - there have always been, and will always be fools that are easily parted with their money. I betcha someone "buys it now" before 5pm tomorrow. :assclown: :D

Blue2th
07-05-2008, 02:20 PM
I'd pay that much for a Weequay Freeze Frame but not a figure that's coming out in a few weeks.

People are impatient though, or just want bragging rights that they have something before anyone else, and money is no object. That's the only reason I could think why someone would buy this.

sith_killer_99
07-05-2008, 05:15 PM
I'd pay that much for a Weequay Freeze Frame but not a figure that's coming out in a few weeks.

A Freeze Frame Weequay would be a steal for $75.00!:D

Blue2th
07-05-2008, 07:07 PM
A Freeze Frame Weequay would be a steal for $75.00!:D

Yeah, that price is more like for a Boba FF or a TIE pilot. Last time I checked Weequay FF's were at $300+ and that was many years ago. Who knows what they are going for now.

Jedi_Kal-El
07-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Been a while since I've looked up any MOC prices, so I wouldn't know how much the carded FFs are going for these days either.

Well, they still don't have a buyer for that Han yet, and here I thought that fans were suppose to rush to it.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Well, if this person sells this figure, then I guess that would make him/her smart and the buyer would be the dumb one.:yes:

This statement summs it up. Maybe to some people this han is worth the cash, after all something is only worth as much as your willing to pay for it.

Personally i think the UGH and other gimmicks are bad for the hobby...but thats because i collect loose, though i know 4-5 other fellow collectors who only collect this kind of stuff...but we'll see in the long run.

I walked by two UGH figures last night still hanging on the pegs at my local wal-mart. I almost got the han just to add the coin to the book but i thought better of it as my budget for last month was blown on IJ and magic cards...not to mention a few trips i made.

El Chuxter
07-09-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm going to go on record now by saying there will be a carpload of these "first day of issue" figures rotting on shelves weeks later.

Blue2th
07-10-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm going to go on record now by saying there will be a carpload of these "first day of issue" figures rotting on shelves weeks later.

I'll second that.

Especially the re-packs of some of the figures that are still on the pegs right now.

obi-dad
07-10-2008, 07:41 AM

Well, I'm going on the record now to say my crappy stormtrooper helmet cards with a stupid gimmicky "first day of issue" sticker will go in the trash once I free my figures from their plastic cocoons.

Devo
07-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Exactly. This guy is going to be a serious pegwarmer - More fool anyone who pays that kind of money for him.

Lazer Brain
07-10-2008, 04:28 PM
well it did not sell and has not be relisted..
later

DarkArtist
07-13-2008, 10:33 AM
the only way I would pay that much for a figure would be if it was a vintage Yak-Face or Blue Snaggletooth or maybe one of the the hard to find '85 POTF figures like Han Carb or Stormie Luke.

I have absolutely no desire to get the first day release figures. I'll just be happy to get one of each and the Falcon the first day and go from there. I would like to get multiples of the Clone Trooper and Battle Droids from the Clone Wars line however. I really hope that maybe either next year or even as an exclusive for EE or something that they re-release some of the build a droid like the R7.