PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars movie set

Bel-Cam Jos
07-05-2008, 11:08 AM
I clicked on the News section for the CW cards... where there was no information? :confused: Maybe we just need to be patient.

How 'bout now? No? Darn it! I was patient, and everything! Oh well... :rolleyes: More news to come, as well as those who plan on buying them (I'm still undecided).

OC47150
07-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Here's a direct link to the info, BC.

http://www.topps.com/ent/brands/SWCW/SWCW-Web.html

I'm wonder if there are preview cards.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Unless they were actual artwork (like McQuarrie paintings, SW Galaxy sets, et al), I never really liked cartoon or drawn trading cards; live shots were/are the best. Maybe the CGI aspect will convince me, but I'm not too excited yet.

Jayspawn
07-06-2008, 10:37 PM
I'm already passing on this set. No autograph cards. But if I can get a base set for cheap, then I'd be down.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
I was looking through my collections of cards the other day (check out the trading section for a request of mine to fill in holes in those unfinished sets :D), and I realized I actually bought a couple packs of the other Clone Wars set. I'm still not sold on this new one yet; I might buy a pack or two and let those move me (or not).

2-1B
07-23-2008, 06:51 PM
I got P1 from the current NonSport Update. I'll buy the base set, but no boxes.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-26-2008, 01:14 PM
I would figure that Comic-Con would have a freebie card this weekend.

I saw no packs on display in my brief searching at 2 Targets and 1 W*M this morning.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Found some at Target today ($1.99 per, with 7 cards in); bought five packs (the first three had insert cards; what luck). I think I'm done with pack buying, but I might see if I can find a completed set somewhere down the road (or just let the ones I have be the end of it). They look okay.

Possible movie SPOILERS below, since card titles are mentioned:

I got a checklist card (wonder why I love checkLIST cards :rolleyes: ), and there's some other movie allusions (#21 Attack of the Clones, #44 Tank Girl, #Towering Terror, #79 Clash of the Titans, #85 Desperately Seeking Ahsoka, #86 Return of the Huttlet) and many examples of alliteration. Weird titles? #23 Octuptarra Peril, #53 Little Girl, Big Challenge, #59 Rex on the Rampage, #67 Attack and Repeat, #90 Checklist :p .

OC47150
08-02-2008, 08:26 PM
What a coincidence! I bought five packs of CW cards at Target today, too!!

I pulled one motion, one ani film and two foil cards from the packs.

It's a nice set. I have a friend who's getting a box and will be selling extra sets real cheap soon, so I'll get a complete set from him. I'll probably buy a few more retail and hobby packs, too.

plasticfetish
08-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Picked up a few packs of these the other day to check them out, and I like them. They've actually got me a little more jazzed up about the film than I've been.

I'll probably (slowly) put a set together from hitting Target, etc.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-08-2008, 04:35 PM
I'd been looking for those "_ packs + bonus pack" boxes that Target often had for card sets, and I finally noticed one. It's 5 packs ($9.99) and 2 "bonus collector coins." Not sure if that's enough to get me to pick up one. I think the find-a-complete-set-sometime-later deal will work for me.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-14-2008, 12:50 PM
I got four packs from someone who was out of state on a vacation (thanks, ma! ), which netted me 12 more new cards (including a few inserts), so now I'm at that balance point: I have about half the set, plus a few foils and animation cels. Do I keep on pack-opening?

In fact, those wrappers seemed to be hobby ones (they mentioned Red Animation cel inserts, but I got a blue cel card [Dooku, it said there're 5 of these]) based on the different 1:something ratios of cards listed.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-14-2008, 07:00 PM
I forgot to mention that inside one of the packs I recently opened was a white card with one of those "don't steal this" store exit sensor bars glued to it. I did get the seven cards plus that; don't hav eany idea why.

Also, if any of you are putting together a set and need fill-in cards, here are the extras I have:

10, 12, 24-25, 27-28, 38-39, 42-44, 55, 61, 71, 82, 88-90.

OC47150
08-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I bought some hobby and retail packs this weekend. Got two regular ani film cards, a couple of foil cards and one red-framed ani card.

SirSteve
08-18-2008, 12:26 PM
I've got FREE Clone Wars P1's to those willing to help set up and add to 'The Clone Wars' trading card category at CollectionStation.com (http://www.collectionstation.com)

If interested, simply create a new category there and we can finalize it together. If you need help, check the FAQ section for a demo on creating new categories.

Jayspawn
08-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Picked up several packs over the last few weeks. Sent a few of the cards to some of the actors to hopefully get signed. Got a nice cel card -no sketches yet.

OC47150
08-28-2008, 08:52 AM
Has anyone gotten a sketch card yet? Just curious.

I've seen the two-packs at Target and Mejier; no extra bonus cards. I've also seen the 5-pack box sets with the two coins out. I might pick one up, just to see what the coins are.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-02-2008, 08:32 PM
On a whim today, picked up a two-pack at W*M: got a few regulars I didn't have, plus a Yoda foil and animation cel #4. Sweet!

plasticfetish
09-03-2008, 03:05 AM
Picked up a few more packs today at Target. I pulled another animation cell (3 of 10), and another motion card (2 of 5.) Fun stuff! Still slowly building a set...

OC47150
09-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Bought a couple of packs and got one animation cell and one motion card. Not too bad. Also filled in a few gaps in my basic card set, too.

OC47150
09-11-2008, 08:57 PM
I came this close to buying the box to see what the coins looked like but settled for a couple of packs. I got two foil cards and one cell card.

jawa39
09-11-2008, 11:44 PM
I got some extras also if anyone needs any. Here is the list:

2 Coins, Yoda and Dooku
2 Foil Cards, R2D2 and Clone Troopers (Cool Card)
#'s-90, 87,86,83,78,64,58,57,56,55,53,51,47,46,44,41,40,39 ,25,24,21,20,18,16,13,11,10,9,4,3,2,1

plasticfetish
09-13-2008, 05:16 AM
After weeding through the stack that I've got going, I noticed something that I've never seen with Topps cards before... a reoccurring problem. I've got about 25 different cards, all pulled from various packs, that have creases or roller marks down the length of the cards. Anyone else notice this problem?

Aside from that, I picked up a "bonus box" tonight, and scored a foil, an animation cel, and another motion card. I'm about 2/3 done (slowly) building my set. :thumbsup:

OC47150
09-30-2008, 08:25 PM
After weeding through the stack that I've got going, I noticed something that I've never seen with Topps cards before... a reoccurring problem. I've got about 25 different cards, all pulled from various packs, that have creases or roller marks down the length of the cards. Anyone else notice this problem?

I haven't noticed such a mark on my cards before but I will look.

I have a couple of extra foil, motion and cell cards that I'm willing to trade. I'll post the #s in the next night or so.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Ever do this? You're in a store, and you have maybe $3-5 in merchandise and do don't feel it's "worth" using your credit card, so you impulsively buy something else to make it seem okay to use it? Well, that was me yesterday, and I threw in a couple packs: netted me 5 regulars I didn't yet have, plus a Blue Border animation card. :thumbsup: But I think I'm still about 35 cards away from a complete set, IIRC.

OC47150
10-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Ever do this? You're in a store, and you have maybe $3-5 in merchandise and do don't feel it's "worth" using your credit card, so you impulsively buy something else to make it seem okay to use it?

All the time. :yes: Sometimes it pays off, and sometimes (more often than anything) you get a couple of packs of duplicates.

Glad it paid off in your favor, Bel-Cam.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-26-2008, 05:36 PM
All the time. :yes: Sometimes it pays off, and sometimes (more often than anything) you get a couple of packs of duplicates.

Glad it paid off in your favor, Bel-Cam.I've found a foolproof * method for avoiding the dreaded duped-by-dupes dilemna: buy two packs.

* = foolproof is herby defined as works 100% of the time, provided I mentally repress any times it does not. :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Well, another "foolproof" time netted me 9 cards I didn't have, plus 2 specials (foil and cel), with only 3 duplicate regular cards. Just 18 more to complete the set. :pleased:

I'll post in the trading section my needs and extras [I'll head there right now... :D]

Bel-Cam Jos
11-18-2008, 08:30 PM
I noticed a different-looking pack of CW cards in Target today, and upon closer inspection, I realized its a pack of just stickers! I beat the odds (1:12 packs) of getting a magnet, getting one in each of the two packs I bought. Don't know if I'll go for the whole one of this set (73 was the highest number I got, so it's probably at least 80 stickers in the set). Packs are $1.99 each; I'm probably done after just these two packs.

tony jedi
11-23-2008, 08:14 AM
Hello all this is my first post on here so bear with me, anyway as i live in the UK collecting Star Wars cards can be a real nightmare as i have to depend on dealers at shows i attend and ebay,and i get a lot of items from the US via ebay. I recently discovered that there is a retail version to be had (so there are different chase cards ) so i recently had those two sets of chase sent out to me to add to my card collection. I do have some spare odds and ends from that set so if anyone is interested let me know.

My card collection is made up the following

BASE SETS
CHASE CARDS
PROMO CARDS
WRAPPERS
EMPTY DISPLAY BOXES
SELL SHEETS
i hope to take a few pics and post them on here as the items i have are just way to many to list. but i do have all the vintage cards stickers empty boxes from 1977-1983/4 but am missing a few items from the recently produced sets albeit not many but i am just not sure as to what has been produced and what has not. Example i was suprised when i found out there was a (retail?) second set of six etched foil cards from STAR WARS HERITAGE to be had. And the nightmare i had in tracking down the retail version of the chase cards from the EPISODE ONE SERIES TWO set is nobodys business.

I also notice how sell sheets in the UK are not so much hard to find but just a wee bit expensive from dealers over here so i was wondering are they quite common over in the US? do collectors even bother with them? i currently have 18 different sell sheets and i am convinced there are others out there its just a matter of finding out what was produced and what wasnt. I mean i find it hard to believe that there wasnt many sheets made for the majority of the widevision sets of cards.
Anyway thats enough for now all the best post again soon.:thumbsup:

OC47150
11-24-2008, 08:40 PM
I noticed a different-looking pack of CW cards in Target today, and upon closer inspection, I realized its a pack of just stickers! I beat the odds (1:12 packs) of getting a magnet, getting one in each of the two packs I bought. Don't know if I'll go for the whole one of this set (73 was the highest number I got, so it's probably at least 80 stickers in the set). Packs are $1.99 each; I'm probably done after just these two packs.

I've noticed a two-pack of the stickers at Target but there was no mention of a bonus card or sticker.

I haven't bought any...yet.

Jayspawn
12-05-2008, 08:28 PM
I bought a pack of the sticker cards. Kinda neat but I can do without em.

OC47150
12-11-2008, 10:01 PM
I bought a pack of the sticker cards. Kinda neat but I can do without em.

I bought a couple of packs of stickers, too. I might buy one or two more, but have no plans to get a whole set unless I find a complete set real cheap.

And the CW cards are disappearing, too. See the $10 box here and there, but that's about it.

I'm just waiting for the new Galaxy cards in January!!!

Jayspawn
12-20-2008, 12:54 AM
I wish the current CW cards reflected scenes and episodes of the current television series.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-20-2008, 10:51 AM
I wish the current CW cards reflected scenes and episodes of the current television series.But that would involve good timing, forward thinking, proper marketing research, and understanding of consumer desires... :rolleyes:

OC47150
12-21-2008, 08:24 PM
I wish Topps would go back and give us the rest of the prior CW series in trading cards. It's been, what, three or four years now?

The girlfriend gave me a couple packs of the stickers for Christmas.

A fellow collector buddy was telling me people are using magnets to find the magnetic cards in the packs. That's not nice.

OC47150
02-16-2009, 01:38 PM
I noticed tin sets of the CW sticker cards at Target this weekend. Temptation won out and I bought a box. There are 6 different tins, and I bought the one with Rex on the lid.

35 cards plus a special bonus card for $10. The cards are in one big pack, and there were no foil or pop-up cards included.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-16-2009, 04:46 PM
My two-pack purchase was enough for me. I'm jonesin' for the Galaxy series now! (although, I still need a few in the CW card series to complete it, but that's a backburner issue).

2-1B
02-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I noticed tin sets of the CW sticker cards at Target this weekend. Temptation won out and I bought a box. There are 6 different tins, and I bought the one with Rex on the lid.

35 cards plus a special bonus card for $10. The cards are in one big pack, and there were no foil or pop-up cards included.

I caved and bought Yoda...don't plan on buying all 6 though.

I just had to get one tin, at least. :)

OC47150
03-26-2009, 07:51 PM
I got a magnet!!! I bought a random pack at Target tonight. It's of a clone magnet.