PDA

View Full Version : sonic landspeeder

sjd9299
07-05-2008, 03:44 PM
I need help pricing an item. A person in my town is selling off some vintage Star Wars toys. She has a sonic landspeeder and I am not sure how much to offer for it. I have checked completed Ebay listings but there have not been many sold. So I ask you guys to help me make a fair offer, but I do not have a lot of money and want to get it as cheap as possible. So here is waht she has:

Nice box, no rips or crushing
paper insert about not leaving batteries in
instructions
2 blue adjuster sticks
R2 remote in good condition, some yellowing
BAD battery corosion in both compartments, broken windshield

Kidhuman
07-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Start at 20 dollars and go from there.

sjd9299
07-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Start at 20 dollars and go from there.

I think she has checked Ebay and has a pretty good idea of what it is worth. She probably thinks its worth a lot more than it is. One of those "I can put the kids through college by selling Star Wars toys" types. I want to be fair enough so that I get it but not so fair that I kick my self for paying too much. I think if I start too low I will loose it all together. So I would like some reasonable ideas about what I should pay.

Kidhuman
07-05-2008, 08:17 PM
I dont know what they would go for on Ebay as I havent looked it up. Take the average price of it on Ebay and offer it up(thats what I did when I purchased some POTF figures a few months back from a co-worker), but also, dont offer up your soul if you know what I mean.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Well, the quite-outdated Tomart's Guide to Worldwide SW Collectibles lists it loose complete at $175. But I'd go with the start at $_____ and let the wonders of the secondary market system carry it on the wings of collectible capitalism. :pleased: Just guessing, I'd figure $50-$75 would be its final amount, if done by online auction.

sjd9299
07-06-2008, 02:55 PM
This one is a very similar auction, but it does not have the paper work or the blue sticks and it sold for $190.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-STAR-WARS-Sonic-Controlled-Land-Speeder-MIB_W0QQitemZ220249314306QQihZ012QQcategoryZ50270Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are two up for auction right now. Both are only the Landspeeder and the remote. One is a BIN for $60 and the other has a long way to go.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=sonic+landspeeder&category0=

And that is it. Only 1 similar and 3 total auctions for this item. No way to get an average price. Was that one auction a fluke? Should it have sold for more? Was it the sellers lucky day? IDK.

vader121
07-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Depending on how bad you want it I would suggest you offer up $40 but I wouldn't go too high given it has some damage to it. You could always hold out for a better one on ebay. Deals can be found.

If she wants a ton more $ for it you could play up the damaged angle and point out the damaged windshield and corroded battery compartment. But again it all depends on how bad you want it.

sjd9299
07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Well after alot of back and forth... She will go no lower than $150.

LusiferSam
07-08-2008, 11:31 PM
$150 is awful high for a loose piece like this. It is a rare item, but not in terribly high demand. The broken windshield and battery corrosion would have me thinking twice. But it does come with everything else. Still $150 is high. I think I paid around $50 for mine. I'd say $70 max is would I be will to pay for this one.

sjd9299
07-09-2008, 03:56 PM
$150 is awful high for a loose piece like this. It is a rare item, but not in terribly high demand. The broken windshield and battery corrosion would have me thinking twice. But it does come with everything else. Still $150 is high. I think I paid around $50 for mine. I'd say $70 max is would I be will to pay for this one.

I was wrong, the windshield is not broken, it just does not stay on very well.

I value all of your opinions but I think $150 was a good price. Look at the recent purchases thread to see this item and the other stuff I bought today.

LusiferSam
07-09-2008, 09:08 PM
I value all of your opinions but I think $150 was a good price. Look at the recent purchases thread to see this item and the other stuff I bought today.

Well, if you think it's a good deal that's the only thing that matters. Congrads on getting one of the more unique vintage items. If and when you clean up the battery contacts I love to know if it works.

sjd9299
07-09-2008, 09:59 PM
The best part of it is that I already had a good Sonic Speeder, I just needed the box, R2 remote, paperwork, and blue sticks. So when I put it all together I have a nice, working, 100% complete one and one that has a nice body and good winshield but very corroded battery contacts. I will try to clean this one up and see if it will work too.

Did you check out the pictures?