PDA

View Full Version : How many versions?

omnithx
07-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Everyone has one figure, at least, that gets them excited. They would buy any version released and there can never be enough made.
For me, this is Luke in his Jedi Knight outfit. On tatooine or on the second Death Star, doesn't matter, I love this figure. Over the years I've bought all the variations I could find, not card variations, just different sculpts or colour variants.
Here is all that I know of in the basic figure size, can anyone let me know if I'm missing any.
Vintage (green saber)
Vintage (blue saber)
Orange carded tan vest
Orange carded black vest
Power FX
Cinema scenes Final Duel
Complete Galaxy Tatooine
Desert Skiff vehicle figure
Rancor & Jedi Luke Beast 2pk
Luke- Special Theatre Edition (card variation worth the effort)
Saga #03/17 Throne Room Duel
Saga #04/04 Jabba's Palace
Saga #04/11 Holographic version
OTC #06 Jabba's Palace
TAC #25 Jabba's Palace
I haven't counted all the Endor versions that can be stripped down to his Jedi outfit, that's just weird.

Feel free to post your own list of figures if you like a particular one and don't know how many different ones are out there.

Blue2th
07-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Looks complete to me. Though I don't know if there was perhaps a long saber version of him?

This is the one figure to this day that has escaped Hasbro making a really good one of. The original ones and the POTF2 ones are what they are, but many of the newer ones are just not that good in my opinion (many agree with me)
They haven't even done a Vintage Collection re-issue with an Endor coat yet, which would be cool.
I think if a poll was done today like a few times before. A "definitive" Luke Jedi has been and will always be the number one most requested figure yet to be done.

sjd9299
07-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Everyone has one figure, at least, that gets them excited. They would buy any version released and there can never be enough made.
For me, this is Luke in his Jedi Knight outfit. On tatooine or on the second Death Star, doesn't matter, I love this figure. Over the years I've bought all the variations I could find, not card variations, just different sculpts or colour variants.
Here is all that I know of in the basic figure size, can anyone let me know if I'm missing any.
Vintage (green saber)
Vintage (blue saber)
Orange carded tan vest
Orange carded black vest
Power FX
Cinema scenes Final Duel
Complete Galaxy Tatooine
Desert Skiff vehicle figure
Rancor & Jedi Luke Beast 2pk
Luke- Special Theatre Edition (card variation worth the effort)
Saga #03/17 Throne Room Duel
Saga #04/04 Jabba's Palace
Saga #04/11 Holographic version
OTC #06 Jabba's Palace
TAC #25 Jabba's Palace
I haven't counted all the Endor versions that can be stripped down to his Jedi outfit, that's just weird.

Feel free to post your own list of figures if you like a particular one and don't know how many different ones are out there.

I don't know how picky you want to get but I know of a few that you missed. There are probably even more!

Vintage (snap cape)
Vintage (made in Taiwan)
Vintage (made in Hong Kong - painted face)
Vintage (made in Hong Kong - painted hair)
Vintage (green saber with raised dots)
Vintage (green saber with raised dots inside a rectangle)
Vintage (brown gun - possibly only from Europe)
and then there are all the possible combinations of the above

POTF2 (raised rings on saber handle)
POTF2 (indented rings on saber handle)
POTF2 (blueish cloak)

Tatooine Skiff (backward waist)

Saga #03/17 (glove on right hand)
Saga #03/17 (glove on left hand)

OTC #06 Jabba's Palace is the same figure as Saga #04/04 Jabba's Palace

omnithx
07-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the extra info. After going through my multipacks I found another two - ROTJ DVD Commemorative pack has a Jedi Luke
- Battle above the Sarlacc Battle Pack
Both of these are repacks by the looks of it.
Varients like accessory changes don't really excite me, but who knows, when you finally get a set of something you keep looking for something else to collect.