PDA

View Full Version : Smallville Season 8

Pages : [1] 2

JetsAndHeels
06-20-2008, 05:53 PM
Here is some news concerning our Doomsday character and another cast addition for season 8.

Michael Ausiello reports that actors have been cast in the roles of Davis Bloome (aka Doomsday) and Tess for Season 8 of "Smallville".

My increasingly itchy moles report that Sam Witwer, best known to Battlestar Galactica fans as ex-Raptor ECO Alex "Crashdown" Quartararo, has been tapped to play the series regular role of Doomsday. Additionally, relative newcomer Cassidy Freeman is joining the cast as Tess, a sexy and vengeful firecracker with whom Lex hires to run his empire in his absence. Ironically, the actress' most recent credit was the failed CW pilot Austin Golden Hour - starring none other than Green Arrow himself, Justin Hartley (who's back on Smallville full time next season).

You'll recall that The CW released the following information on these two new roles...

Doomsday: Real name: Davis Bloome. He's in his mid-20s. He works as a bartender at the hip new Metropolis lounge Ace of Clubs. He plays down his smoldering good looks with a self-effacing wit and down-to-earth soulfulness. But he has long felt like an outsider (hence his nickname). And beneath his charismatic, easy-going demeanor lies a brooding sense of isolation and insecurity. When he begins to delve into the haunting mysteries of his true origins, a darker truth begins to emerge, one of blood and serial murders, one of survival and utter destruction - one in which he is forced to confront the true evil inside of him."

Tess: Drop-dead gorgeous.Roughly 28 years old.She's determined, sexy, vengeful and has super-strength. "While Lex is away, she is in control of his estate and rules it with aggression. She's had intellect and the confidence all her life, though it's obvious she's had some training from Lex as well. But as much as Lex has helped fortify her power, he is also her biggest weakness. She harbors an undying devotion to Lex, claiming he saved her life a few years ago. She carries out his wishes with coercion, force, seduction - anything to get what she wants. And no one can resist her beguiling ways. Even Clark Kent. She doesn't remember anything before the day she met Lex. Once she realizes her previous life is buried below the surface, she's desperate to dig it up."

Season 8 of "Smallville" is expected to premiere in September.

JetsAndHeels
06-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Here is some more info on our new characters, via the CW's official Smallville press release:

Rocked by the mysterious death of Lionel Luthor and the sudden disappearance of his son, Lex, the town of Smallville will be put further on edge this fall with the arrival of two new villains, as Sam Witwer ("Battlestar Galactica") and Cassidy Freeman ("Finishing the Game: The Search for a New Bruce Lee") join the cast of "Smallville" (Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT on The CW) as series regulars for the hit show's eighth season.

Witwer will play Davis Bloome,a charismatic Metropolis paramedic who - when he isn't saving people - is forced to confront a burgeoning darkness inside of him that just might be a harbinger of doom.

JetsandHeels: So he went from being a bartender to a paramedic? Interesting.

Freeman will play Tess Mercer. Handpicked by Lex Luthor to succeed him before he vanished, Tess arrives in Smallville as acting CEO of LuthorCorp. Beneath her mysterious allure lies a cunning ruthlessness to match her mentor's.

"We're thrilled that Sam and Cassidy will be joining the cast, and we have some very exciting things in store for them, their characters and 'Smallville' fans for this season," said executive producers Kelly Souders, Brian Peterson, Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer in a joint statement. "They are both incredibly talented performers, and we cannot wait to begin to work with them."

Best known for his role as Alex "Crashdown" Quartararo on the acclaimed series "Battlestar Galactica," Witwer is also featured in the forthcoming "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed" video game. His previous credits include "Stephen King's The Mist" (written and directed by Frank Darabont) and guest-starring roles on a number of series, including "Dexter," "Cold Case," "Enterprise," "Angel," "Dark Angel" and "ER," among many others.

Freeman previously appeared in the feature film "Finishing the Game: The Search for a New Bruce Lee," which debuted at the prestigious Sundance Film Festival in 2007. Her other television and motion picture credits include a guest-starring role on "Cold Case," the made-for-television movie "An Accidental Christmas," the independent film "Shades of Gray," and shorts "Clock" and "Razor Sharp," among others.

From Tollin/Robbins Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, "Smallville" is executive produced by Kelly Souders, Brian Peterson, Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer. SUPERMAN was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

JetsAndHeels
07-06-2008, 06:49 PM
I may be talking to myself here, but I found some info on the upcoming season, including "spoilers"....I will let Tycho start the new season thread, don't want to steal his thunder.

TVGuide.com has posted an article about the up-coming 8th season of "Smallville", with some interesting spoilers...

This season's theme is "double identities," [Kelly] Souders says. "It's about the Superman identity emerging as Clark Kent tries to maintain a normal life - or the appearance of a normal life." To that end, he takes a job at the "Daily Planet," right across the desk from Lois Lane (Erica Durance).

"The camaraderie as they work side-by-side that everyone loves from the DC Comics and all the Superman lore is going to come to fruition this year," Souders says. "The two of them are thrown together in some unfortunate situations for Clark. She becomes a little bit of an obstacle to him saving the world, when he's on a deadline."

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-06-2008, 11:56 PM
I may be talking to myself here, but I found some info on the upcoming season, including "spoilers"....I will let Tycho start the new season thread, don't want to steal his thunder.

TVGuide.com has posted an article about the up-coming 8th season of "Smallville", with some interesting spoilers...

This season's theme is "double identities," [Kelly] Souders says. "It's about the Superman identity emerging as Clark Kent tries to maintain a normal life - or the appearance of a normal life." To that end, he takes a job at the "Daily Planet," right across the desk from Lois Lane (Erica Durance).

"The camaraderie as they work side-by-side that everyone loves from the DC Comics and all the Superman lore is going to come to fruition this year," Souders says. "The two of them are thrown together in some unfortunate situations for Clark. She becomes a little bit of an obstacle to him saving the world, when he's on a deadline."

Jesus, FINALLY, YES. Clark at the DP, with Lois and whatnot. About time we got here. Maybe this season we can see him move towards the Superman role and the show can end on a fantastic high note.

Tycho
07-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the props on the Season 8 thread. Think maybe it should start on the premier night?

Meanwhile, we're discussing The Daily Planet now, so...

Will Perry White be back? How does Clark get a job there with no college education? Refresh my memory? How did Lois? Because Gabriel liked her, right?

Are any of them still in school? Chloe maybe?

By the way, does starting the season 8 thread imply that I still like the show? Please don't go that far :D

I hope it will be good, but I guess we'll see.

OK:

Clark

Lex - save for some episodes. Perhaps he gets put away for the murder of his father? Appropriate. Does he ever replace Martha as Senator? So he could be President? How? With a prison record. Imagine Barack Obama being elected today with the pundits saying "He only killed his father..."

Lana -have to say it - it's about time. The Clark-Lana thing needs a final resolution, or an "at least until later." What will she do with her life?

Chloe - she's like Lois # 2. What will they do with her?

Jimmy - he's where he needs to be.

Lois - finally - but why won't she recognize Superman? Especially now that we know that she knows Clark so well?

Martha - will Mommy ever visit? When will she retire so someone's on the farm? Clark will send his paychecks home, remember?

Oliver - K. So he's in now. Does he know all of Clark's abilities? Origins? Weaknesses? What's the state of the Justice League? Is there a JL before there's a Superman?

Miss Lexy - the new girl. Do we need her? Where did she come from? If it were Helen Bryce or something, who'd been established a long time ago, it'd fit much better.

DoomsDay - but not DoomsDay - Do we need him? Why is he a common-boy instead of just the mutated tyrant that history established him as?

Brainiac would be perfect to be brought back with Lex off the show.

Kara - is Supergirl off the show already? I missed the finale so I have no idea what is up with her. She only marginally contributed in my estimation.

JetsAndHeels
07-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Tycho, its your thread so start it whenever you like. My advice would be start it soon though because the season 7 stuff is now old news.

If you don't want to start it, well someone can do it. :)

Tycho
07-10-2008, 02:03 AM
This thread was being requested, so here we go a little early.

Up, up, and away!

JetsAndHeels
07-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Good job, Tycho. TV Guide indicated that Season 8 will premiere on Thursday, September 18th. We have a couple of months for speculation and discussion before the actual episodes air.

And just to break in the new thread, a little bit of info:

Michael Ausiello, who moved from TV Guide to Entertainment Weekly, reveals some interesting spoilers regarding "Smallville" in his latest column...

Get ready for a Jimmy/Chloe/Doomsday triangle, although I have a feeling I know which suitor will ultimately win her heart: the one who doesn't turn out to be a serial killer! Just a hunch.

From everything I'm hearing, there will be a lot more comedy this season, courtesy of those new adventures Lois and Clark will be embarking on.

InsaneJediGirl
07-10-2008, 08:35 PM
I pray its not over the top comedy, sure its cheesy at times but lets keep that as low as possible :p

JetsAndHeels
07-11-2008, 10:11 PM
The CW apparently ran a message across the screen during this week's repeat "Smallville" episode stating that the Season 8 premiere would be Thursday, October 2nd. TV Guide's current issue stated that the premiere would be September 18th.

Spoilers ahead:

With the news already out that Chloe, Jimmy and Doomsday will make up a new love triangle in the show's 8th season, Ausiello reports that one of the two will propose to Chloe.

Will she accept the marriage proposal? It looks likely. It's been a while since the writers of the show have been able to include a wedding episode.

Tycho
07-11-2008, 10:15 PM
Wedding episodes? Groan. The most intense were Lex's with Lana and with Helen Bryce.

After that, you don't need to keep falling back on wedding episodes.

Jedi_Kal-El
07-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Thrilling. Chloe, Jimmy, and Doomtender. Can't wait. :rolleyes:

InsaneJediGirl
07-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Maybe, in a twist of fate, Doomsday will purpose to Jimmy and they will fly out to California to get married ? :p

JetsAndHeels
07-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Front cover artwork (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/smallville7/season7-dvd.jpg) and back cover artwork (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/smallville8/season7-back.jpg) for the season 7 dvd set.

DVD SPECIAL FEATURES:

Supergirl: The Last Daughter of Krypton Featurette - The definitive documentary covering the Supergirl character first popularized in the pages of DC Comics, and later manifested in a feature film, animation, and finally Smallville.

Jimmy on Jimmy Featurette - Aaron Ashmore (Smallville's Jimmy Olson) meets with Marc McClure (1980s Superman The Movie Jimmy Olson) who meets with Jack Larson (Jimmy from the 1950's The Adventures of Superman), and Sam Huntington (Superman Returns Jimmy) to create a fun "roundtable" of the Jimmys each chatting about their favorite subject of playing the role of Jimmy Olson!

Now that is a special feature I think I would definately enjoy.

Smallville Legends Mobisodes Gallery - Computer animated short films covering the back-story of Kara Zor-El (aka Supergirl)

Cast & Creator Commentaries - includes Executive Producers Alfred Gough & Miles Millar, and cast members John Glover & Justin Hartley. Comic Book

Unaired Scenes

Also there was a recent interview with Darren Swimmer, one of the new executive directors of the show. He discusses some of the news for season 8:

Q: Let's shift then to the new season Big Bad - Davis "Doomsday" Bloome played by Sam Witwer. He's such an important villain in the comics (Superman's killer) but was he an easy choice to bring into Smallville?

DS: Part of what excited the four of us to bring Doomsday into the show was the fact that he has no previously established Earthly alter ego in the comics. Davis Bloome will be very different from the Doomsday we've seen in the comics. Especially at first. We thought it would be interesting to see the human side of a character that had very little humanity in the comics. Sam Witwer is tremendously talented, and we're all really thrilled to begin working with him.

Q: How's he going to mess up Clark's life this year?

DS: Doomsday did kill Superman in the comics, so Clark better be on his toes.

Q: Tess Mercer, played by Cassidy Freeman, is also heading to Smallville as Lex's handpicked minion for LuthorCorp. It's great having female adversaries in the mix so what's she bringing to the creative pot for the writers?

DS: The fact that we can play romantic tension between our main villain and several of the other characters gives us a different deck of cards to play with. She'll be interested in Clark, but for entirely different reasons than Lex was. Cassidy Freeman really brings the role to life, so it's been exciting to write for her.

JediTricks
07-20-2008, 03:40 AM
I am rolling my eyes at all those answers. --> :rolleyes: -- ^

JetsAndHeels
07-21-2008, 06:59 PM
I am rolling my eyes at all those answers. --> :rolleyes: -- ^

Don't kill the messenger.

El Chuxter
07-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Part of what excited the four of us to bring Doomsday into the show was the fact that he has no previously established Earthly alter ego in the comics. Davis Bloome will be very different from the Doomsday we've seen in the comics. Especially at first. We thought it would be interesting to see the human side of a character that had very little humanity in the comics.
Uh, there is a reason for that. He's a mutated alien killing machine with no human alter ego and therefore no humanity. Duh.

Jedi_Kal-El
07-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Uh, there is a reason for that. He's a mutated alien killing machine with no human alter ego and therefore no humanity. Duh.

I'm guessing they either missed that part, or just don't care, Chux. I'm going for the latter.

JetsAndHeels
07-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Some more info on season 8, plus a few minor spoilers:

Entertainment Weekly's "Ask Ausiello" column reveals plenty of "Smallville" spoilers this week.

Any scoop on when Kristin Kreuk will be returning to Smallville?

Ausiello: Would you believe sweeps? Shocking, I know. According to exec producer Brian Wayne Peterson, who I cornered at The CW's press tour party last week, Kreuk's five-episode stint as Lana will kick off in early November. "She'll come back at a very inopportune time for Clark," he hints. In the meantime, while Ms. Lang's off "giving Clark some space," the man who would be Super will be growing closer to Lois. "They'll be working together this year at Daily Planet," Peterson says, "and some friction is going to come out of that." Not to mention several winks to classic Superman lore - beginning in the season premiere. Teases Peterson: "There might be a phone booth moment between the two of them."

JetsAndHeels: Looks like another love triangle in season 8. Yay.

Now that Al Gough and Miles Millar are gone from Smallville, will the new show-runners amend their "No flights, no tights" policy?

Ausiello: Um… hell, yeah! "We are respecting everything that Al and Miles have set up," offers Peterson, choosing his words carefully. "All I'll say is we can definitely guarantee that there are no tights."

JetsAndHeels: Hey, he didn't say anything about flights!!

Any other scoop about Smallville?

Ausiello: Obviously, I wasn't going to cut Peterson lose without asking him about Smallville's most celebrated non-couple, Clark and Chloe. "We definitely touch on [her feelings for him]," he says. Adds fellow EP Todd Slavkin: "They've been best friends for a long time, and Clark would never get in the way of her pursuing her happiness. But oftentimes, feelings have a way of creeping in. That's all we'll say." Um, you've said more than enough, my friend. More than enough!

JetsAndHeels
07-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Looks like we get more characters to appear in season 8.....I hope they make it good, because "Justice" in season 6 was one of my favorites.

I bolded some of the key parts for any of you who don't feel like reading the whole thing.

Oh, and I found this on newsarama:

The Legion of Super-Heroes is coming to Smallville, and the writer who's guiding the futuristic team in comic books will be the one introducing them to the show.

Geoff Johns, writer of next month's Final Crisis: Legion of 3 Worlds mini-series for DC Comics, will also be writing the Legion's introduction to the Smallville television show. As announced Sunday at San Diego Comic-Con, Johns will be writing "Legion," the ninth episode in this year's season 8 of Smallville.

"I've known the Smallville writing team – Todd [Slavkin], Darren [Swimmer], Brian [Wayne Peterson] and Kelly [Souders] – for a long time," Johns told Newsarama. "I had an idea for an episode, so we all had lunch. And I pitched them the idea of bringing the Legion of Super-Heroes to Smallville. And we're off and running."

In comics, the Legion of Super-Heroes is a group of super-powered teenagers from 1,000 years in the future who are inspired by the legend of Superman. The Legion story, which saw the young heroes time-traveling back to visit a young Clark Kent, recently inspired a Warner Bros. animated TV series.

Smallville fans had already seen updated versions of several DC Comics heroes on the live-action show, including Green Arrow, who's become a regular character. Just last month, it was announced that a new "Doomsday" character, played by Battlestar Galactica alum Sam Witwer, will be added to the Smallville cast this season as a nemesis for actor Tom Welling's Clark Kent.

While the show's very human-looking Doomsday is apparently a re-interpretation of the monstrous comics character who once killed Superman, according to Johns, the Legion that appears in his Smallville episode will be the team that comic book readers recognize.

"I can't get into any specifics about the story we're telling because we’re still working on it all. But they're from the 31st Century. And it will be focusing on some obvious characters who first met Clark," Johns said. "It will be written to fit with Smallville, and I think it's going to be a really fun challenge to approach the Legion in a different way. But with me, you know you're going to see Legion rings, and they're going to be as true to the core as possible. It's going to be the Legion of Super-Heroes."

Johns, who just recently used Legion characters in a story he wrote for the Superman-centered series Action Comics with artist Gary Frank, couldn't confirm if the Legion characters he's introducing in Smallville would appear in more than one episode.

As Smallville fans may remember, this won't be the first time the name "Geoff Johns" is attached to the show. In Season 4, a super-powered, villainous football-playing character was named Geoff Johns. And as most comic book fans know, Johns shares offices with former Smallville writer and comic book creator Jeph Loeb, who was involved with the series during Seasons 2-4.

"Like I said, I've known the Smallville team for a long time. And I have to thank Jeph Loeb for introducing me to those people in the first place," Johns said. "I'm really looking forward to working on the show. It's exciting to see the Legion be part of that."

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 04:00 PM
The Legion is almost too late to do, but at least they're going to do it while they can. I dunno, I wish I had made it to the panel, but in a way I don't mind. Hopefully this season won't fail the series.

Good riddance to Kara Zor-el!

Droid
08-01-2008, 05:02 PM
If they aren't going to use her, KILL HER. Clark should be the only living Kryptonian (other than the odd super villain).

Jedi_Kal-El
08-02-2008, 02:41 AM
While I didn't hate Kara, I really didn't care for how she was portrayed on the show. She was always missing, or had amnesia, or was missing with amnesia, so she's better left in the Phantom Zone.

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 05:00 AM
You guys are both right, that's the bottom line, they didn't use her properly and she became an anchor.

JetsAndHeels
08-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Perhaps I was wrong about the Season 8 premiere being delayed until October. According to the Superman homepage, it is in September.

Having said that, here is our 1st official episode description for season 8!!

The premiere episode of "Smallville" Season 8 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, September 18th at 8.00pm. Titled "Odyssey", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

"The Justice League, led by the Green Arrow (Justin Hartley), hits the Artic in search of Clark (Tom Welling), who disappeared after the fortress collapsed. The team immediately has a confrontation with the new CEO of Luthorcorp, Tess Mercer (Cassidy Freeman). Meanwhile, Chloe (Allison Mack) is being held prisoner by a suspicious group who has discovered she has a new power, and Clark has been stripped of his powers by Jor-El."

Kevin Fair directed the episode, with the story by Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders and teleplay by Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer.

Pics can be viewed here (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=5361#comments).

Droid
08-29-2008, 08:59 PM
Meanwhile, Chloe (Allison Mack) is being held prisoner by a suspicious group who has discovered she has a new power, and Clark has been stripped of his powers by Jor-El."

1. So rather than controlling Clark, Lex just disappears.
2. So rather than being controlled Clark loses his powers.
3. Wow, Jor-El takes Clark's powers. We've never seen that before. How
original an idea. Wonder if they can make it last for more than two
episodes.

JediTricks
08-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Tess Mercer? For some reason, to me that read "Miss Teschmacher", I wonder if that's intentional.

Jedi_Kal-El
09-01-2008, 01:34 AM
Tess Mercer? For some reason, to me that read "Miss Teschmacher", I wonder if that's intentional.

They claim it's an intentional mix between Mercy Graves and Miss Teschmacher.

JediTricks
09-02-2008, 10:47 PM
They claim it's an intentional mix between Mercy Graves and Miss Teschmacher.
Yes, that makes perfect sense. Now if you'll go excuse me, I'm going to try to fit my head in the garbage disposal. :eek: Could they be LESS similar as characters go?!? Lazy and stupid writers trying to blend 2 different characters just because they each hung out with Lex Luthor in spin-off material!!!

JetsAndHeels
09-09-2008, 09:20 PM
The second episode of "Smallville" Season 8 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, September 25th at 8.00pm. Titled "Plastique", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

DC COMICS CHARACTER PLASTIQUE BLASTS INTO METROPOLIS; DAVIS BLOOME ARRIVES IN SMALLVILLE - It's Clark's (Tom Welling) first day at the Daily Planet with Lois (Erica Durance), and the pair are immediately thrown together on a story when a bus explodes outside the office. Clark rescues Bette (guest star Jessica Parker Kennedy), a young girl who bonds with Chloe (Allison Mack) over their shared meteor abilities, but Bette is hiding a big secret. Paramedic Davis Bloome (Sam Witwer) arrives in Metropolis and is drawn to Chloe.

Rick Rosenthal directed the episode. Written by Holly Henderson & Don Whitehead.

Tycho
09-10-2008, 02:44 AM
I bought Season 7 at Target tonight. It's "on sale" for $39 (I think it's regularly going to be around $43-45. But they give you a $5 gift card with the purchase - good for anything on your next visit to Target.

That's actually USEFUL, so the DVD set is more like $34 with that giftcard considered.

Not the $20 bargain I got Season 6 for (thanks to JetsAndHeels' message) - and ALL Smallville Seasons 1-6 are still on sale for $18 each if you hurry to Target.

But I think we're agreed that the price gets better, though the show's quality does not.

However, I'm re-watching Season 5 onward now, and I like it thus far. But I was a big fan of James Marsters' Brainiac aka Professor Milton Fine being on the show. I don't know how it's all going to hold up in my opinion as soon as Lex Luthor becomes "a vessel" for Zod. That Jor-El can possess Lionnel Luthor annoyed me, too.

I suppose this stuff is possible with strange alien technology that not even Kal-El understands, but I don't like those insertions of the most improbable types of fiction with NO EXPLANATION whatsoever.

It's a far enough stretch that a single crystal can contain some kind of program to build the Fortress of Solitude, or that Clark regards that crystal's "AI" as actually being Jor-El (who's dead). If Jor-El could manage all that he has with the ship, the stones, the Fortress, then he should have been able to escape death, too. It's hard to accept that he'd just choose to die to honor his word to the stupid Kryptonian Council.

I really need to read Kevin J. Anderson's book or get some other handle on what happened on Krypton before Jor-El's death. This is the single most interesting aspect of Superman lore to me.

Tycho
09-11-2008, 06:12 AM
So Smallville Season 8 officially starts one week from today?

JediTricks
09-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Ugh, Plastique? Way to dig deep on the nobodies list there guys.

JetsAndHeels
09-12-2008, 09:01 PM
I bought Season 7 at Target tonight. It's "on sale" for $39 (I think it's regularly going to be around $43-45.

Actually the retail price on it (at BEST BUY) was over $70.

I find this to be an outrage. There is no way in hell I am paying that much coin for less episodes. The writers' strike cheats us out of more episodes, and then when the season set is released WE have to pay more!! F THAT BS!!

Tycho
09-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Well, then I guess I got a good price.

I'm watching all of my Smallville collection from Season 5 through Season 7 (just bought 6 & 7). So far, I'm still on the end of 5. It's pretty good still. Not as bad as I worried it might be. But I think the show went downhill gradually, if I recall.

One thing for sure is that if you watch how a SEASON plays out, with all the subplots in the shows connected (like "the ship" and Milton Fine) then it plays much better than when re-run hiatuses interrupt the regular live season flow of things, and you forget what happened on the last episode before the winter or spring breaks.

No: this show is not The Shield or Deep Space Nine - something where the writers are incredibly foreward thinking. But it can get better watched as a season straight through. We'll see if that holds true for Seasons 5 and 6 as well though.

JetsAndHeels
09-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Don't forget!! Season premiere is tonight at 8pm.

You can check out a preview online at cwtv.com

JediTricks
09-18-2008, 05:43 PM
The TV listings had the short synopsis, like 3 sentences, and one of the phrases was a true eye-roller:

"Jor-El strips Clark of his powers"

Gee f'ing whiz, that's never happened a thousand times now! Man, if that's the best they can do on this series, they should have ended it last year. So sick of that "plot twist", dumbest thing ever.

Tycho
09-19-2008, 05:22 AM
It was a great episode! Nice to see the Justice League in action, and the return of Martian Manhunter.

And Clark has arrived at the Daily Planet. I would have liked to see his mom guest star when he made that decision though.

So they added Ollie to the permanent cast. I guess I knew that, but forgot.

Anyway, I missed it live but just watched it here:

Smallville episode 1 (season 8) (http://tvshack.net/tv_shows/Smallville/season_8/episode_1/)

Pretty good show.

sith_killer_99
09-21-2008, 12:12 PM
WOW, I need to move to Metropolis. It seems that anyone who fills out a "job application" can become a reporter at the Daily Planet.:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show and like the series, for the most part. I just find it odd how they take huge steps to get from one point to another.:yes:

For me this show is more about action and cool FX as opposed to storyline and character development.

With that said, this was a fun episode, Green Arrow takes down Superman. Chloe fails to heal Clark. The whole Chloe/Brainiac thing is pretty cool too. Lots of interesting stuff going on, as always.

JediTricks
09-22-2008, 12:11 AM
That was a horrible episode.

Clark with the Russian mob that won't let him go - yeah, that made perfect sense. Oh, but he wandered without powers through the Arctic without dying to get there, right. And then they miraculously find him in 15 minutes. Then he gets his powers back not through the standard ripoff gimmick, but the stupidest one of all, the sun, which didn't give him back his powers any of the other times (oh, but apparently that's just because we never flew his human body into it before... riiiight).

Chloe's power? Gone. But now she has an even stupider power that just materialized out of nowhere. And the DDS taking her being a fake? Lame. But at least her ability made it possible to transform anonymous cellphone numbers into tracking devices. The Brainiac connection doesn't really work here either, this feels very last-minute thrown in.

Justice League looking for Clark, can't afford all the actors so 2 are sent to the Southern hemisphere. Do they call them back when they find Clark? No. But they break into the world's most badarse facility and it's a ghost town, a handful of guards at most.

Serum makes people do what they want, they know it wears off fast, so they give some to Green Arrow and give him an epic mission, which he then proceeds to attempt to fulfill in the stupidest, quickest manner possible... and then it wears right off afterwards.

Manhunter flying into a big fireball, that's rather unlikely, and then how exactly does he lose his powers? Then again, why didn't he save Clark before the fortress collapsed instead of waiting for him to get shot through the chest?

Tess Mercer... nothing good was done here, especially that last scene - wow, look, the thing Lex didn't see for 20 years she sees in 1 day. The actress feels doesn't seem to have any acting depth so she just spews "nasty!" everywhere, pushing too hard.

Lois, while they got her hair closer to the character's, was more ridiculous than ever before. Every new thing they had her do was sillier and more unbelievable than the last. But at least now Clark has a new job opposite her despite no experience and now no education to back it up.

And how pathetic is it that Clark dying brings up tons of footage of Lana and everybody else takes a back seat.

BTW, didn't notice before, but Doomsday is being played by the Secret Apprentice from SW: The Force Unleashed.

Tycho
09-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Lois has no educational credits either. She was Chief of Staff to a Kansas State Senator though. But in the newspaper business, if she can sell stories...

A long time ago, I was published in the Daily Herald - a smalltown paper in Illinois. I wrote an article with interviews of guys heading off to fight in the first Persian Gulf War. I had just graduated high school early, and I knew a lot of the guys who were finished with grammar school and enlisting right afterwards - to go fight Saddam (the first time).

Now I have 2 college degrees - but that doesn't always matter. If you can sell a story... (editors fix bad grammar btw - but that wasn't usually an issue with me because my mom was a college English teacher and I had received a CONSTANT eduction from her).

Meanwhile, Perry White owes Clark a favor because he saved White in an earlier episode. I haven't seen White at the Daily Planet for a long time (if ever - I forgot). When Clark saved him, he wasn't working for the paper, but a tabloid television show that was looking for Wall-of-Wierd stuff - but not by name. In any case, a guest appearance by Perry White giving Clark his job would explain things. In the world out there, it's often WHO-YOU-KNOW.

Honestly, could any of us get a Chief of Staff job with a public official? I mean I actually have some experience in that area, having been on staff before (but not directing it) - and I doubt that I could land that type of job. (In San Diego City Council, the Chief of Staff makes at least $100 K a year, and some make much higher. Now if it were the case that someone in a position like that owed me a great favor, I would see that as being "my IN."

Clark would have to write his way into a Daily Planet reporter job. We've never seen him write anything that I can recall. So Perry White would have to make this play happen. The guy who played him was Annette O'Toole's husband. (the actress who plaid Martha Kent all those years). It's not like it would be hard to reach him. But like JT was saying, maybe they couldn't afford him for this show and stay within budget. But in any upcoming episode, they could get him to guest star and explain Clark's job in retrospect. Michael McKeon is the actor, I think. He did a big guest star appearance on Star Trek: Voyager. I'd have to go look up the episode to get his name right. But it's something like that.

Droid
09-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Michael McKeon is the actor, I think. He did a big guest star appearance on Star Trek: Voyager. I'd have to go look up the episode to get his name right. But it's something like that.

He played Lenny (of Lenny and Squiggy) on Laverne and Shirley.

He was Mr. Green in the movie Clue.

He has been in a lot of the Christopher Guest movies like Best in Show and A Mighty Wind.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-23-2008, 12:28 PM
I really liked this episode. It had some nice action and movement towards the bigger picture of Clark in Metropolis. The Chloe subplot was pretty interesting and thanks for reminding me about the connection to Brainiac and how this could effect her. I don't know what to make of the new CEO of Luthorcorp, but i'm curious to see what she does this season.

Should be pretty interesting! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
09-23-2008, 06:35 PM
I don't know what to make of the new CEO of Luthorcorp, but i'm curious to see what she does this season.

I hope she gets naked.

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

JetsAndHeels
10-01-2008, 08:55 PM
The 3rd episode of "Smallville" Season 8 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Toxic", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

OLIVER FLASHES BACK TO HIS DAYS ON THE ISLAND AND LEARNS MORE ABOUT HIS PARENTS' DEMISE - Oliver (Justin Hartley) collapses at a charity event and reveals he only has 24 hours to live. Clark (Tom Welling) and Chloe (Allison Mack) call Davis (Sam Witwer) for help but his prognosis is grim. Delirious, Oliver flashes back to when he was stranded on an island and first learned how to use a bow and arrow. He also recalls meeting Tess (Cassidy Freeman) for the first time on that island after she had been kidnapped by a drug runner. Meanwhile, Chloe decides to use her new powers to help save Oliver, shocking Clark.

Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Caroline Dries.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-01-2008, 10:58 PM
The 3rd episode of "Smallville" Season 8 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, October 2nd, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Toxic", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

OLIVER FLASHES BACK TO HIS DAYS ON THE ISLAND AND LEARNS MORE ABOUT HIS PARENTS' DEMISE - Oliver (Justin Hartley) collapses at a charity event and reveals he only has 24 hours to live. Clark (Tom Welling) and Chloe (Allison Mack) call Davis (Sam Witwer) for help but his prognosis is grim. Delirious, Oliver flashes back to when he was stranded on an island and first learned how to use a bow and arrow. He also recalls meeting Tess (Cassidy Freeman) for the first time on that island after she had been kidnapped by a drug runner. Meanwhile, Chloe decides to use her new powers to help save Oliver, shocking Clark.

Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Caroline Dries.

Oliver flashback?

The show is still about Clark, right?

And anybody else see this show called THE GRAYSONS that's coming to CW? Sounds AWFUL.

Droid
10-02-2008, 10:27 AM
I just don't care enough about Smallville anymore to even type what I thought of it. I forgot it was on last week and had to watch it on the web.

There is no story about Robin before he met Bruce Wayne. Give me a break.

Tycho
10-03-2008, 04:21 AM
I thought the show was good tonight. I wonder if Tess Mercer's encounter with Oliver on the island was set up? It's the conspiracy theorist in me. This time though - probably not.

Somehow you want Mercer to be redeemable though - like her and Ollie could fall back in love. That could be a good story device as Lois reconsiders having broken up with Ollie herself.

Then there's this whole thing with Chloe, Jimmy, and Doomsday.

I guess Doomsday's not a bartender. Having him be a paramedic is working for me. But he's an awfully commanding paramedic. Why is he acting as if he's the senior doctor on duty at the emergency center? A paramedic wouldn't be giving duty nurses their marching orders.

Anyway, I'm really curious about how Smallville is going to handle his story.

As to Clark? Yeah - I guess he's still on this show for one reason or another ;)

But I like all the other characters' storylines myself.

JediTricks
10-08-2008, 03:27 AM
Why is it that this show is already feeling like "Lois & Clark without the talent or chemistry or vision, plus some other people who are doing other stuff occasionally"?

Of course Arrow knows Tess and had a relationship with her, that makes perfect sense... riiiight. :rolleyes: And what should have been the best part, Oliver becoming the man he is, was the worst friggin' montage EVER!

JetsAndHeels
10-09-2008, 11:31 AM
The 4th episode of "Smallville" Season 8 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, October 9th, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Instinct", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

DC COMICS CHARACTER MAXIMA SETS HER SIGHTS ON CLARK - Tess (Cassidy Freeman) and her team perform tests on Clark's (Tom Welling) crystal that she had retrieved from the arctic, causing it to send a beam of light into the universe. This triggers the arrival of Maxima (guest star Charlotte Sullivan), a queen from the planet Almerac, who is searching for her soulmate, who she believes sent the signal. Unfortunately, Maxima's power is too great for mortal men and her kiss kills them. The seductive Maxima arrives in Metropolis and begins her search, starting with Jimmy (Aaron Ashmore). Allison Mack and Erica Durance also star.
James Conway directed the episode written by Turi Meyer and Al Septien.

Tycho
10-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Clark is such an idiot!

Never once did he say, "Hey Maxima. I have a destiny that has me really having to stay and kick it here on earth. So why don't you just hang around with me for a while and I'll give you a guided tour of my barn?"

Problem solved. Then he can have a long distance relationship with her. I mean what? Don't Kryptonians with all their technology have instant messenger?

It would seem Maxima could pop in any time she was getting in that kind of mood, and Clark was more than motivated to be there for her. And then maybe at convenient times down the road, he could pop over to her planet and give a speech or two as king of whatever.

But you don't just turn down a girl like that who wants to jump all over you the first time she sees you!

Nevertheless, the little tease of improved chemistry between Lois and Clark was alright. But why does every girl who's "right for Clark" have to come give him their shoulder up in the attic of his barn? Lois walked right in Lana's footsteps. That wasn't very original.

pbarnard
10-10-2008, 02:54 PM
The barn is the metaphoric Fortress of Solitude. It's about the only depth that these so called writers seem to have. I've been wondering, why not call the series Metropolis: while we commute in from Smallville".

Droid
10-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Would Maxima really want Kryptonians if they weren't on Earth? Would Clark have his powers in her galaxy?

JediTricks
10-16-2008, 02:10 AM
The barn is the metaphoric Fortress of Solitude. It's about the only depth that these so called writers seem to have. I've been wondering, why not call the series Metropolis: while we commute in from Smallville".
Ha! Totally, you see Chloe and Jimmy living at the Talon and working in the city which is supposed to be 3 hours away, EVERY SINGLE EPISODE now!

I thought Maxima was really sexy, but a little wimpy compared to what she was doing. Either she's more sultry and takes a smarter approach, or she's more aggressive and doesn't wait for anything to happen. Of course, she's supposed to be more regal, but that wouldn't fit the show. Very attractive, though someone should smack the cinematographer on this episode, lighting or camera was making this pale girl look like blue milk sometimes.

Maxima was a bit changed from the comics, this power I think came out of nowhere. Clark's opposition to her is philosophical, she is looking for a mate to "take", and while he might not mind a little action, ultimately it differs from his more wholesome take on love.

Ultimately, this was a dumb episode and nobody really did anything, Maxima's understanding of Clark's world was a weird mix of knowing and ignorant, but at least it was a simple tale so it held its own.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-22-2008, 12:04 AM
as much as i'll get guff for it, i gotta say for some reason, I enjoyed last weeks episode with the psycho wedding guy. I like twisted characters like that and I enjoyed what he did with Chloe, Jimmy, etc, etc. I knew it was the jeweler once we met him too, but no worries.

I will also say that I enjoyed the relationship between Clark and Lois in this episode; the banter was great and their awkwardness at the end was fun to watch. I laughed pretty hard at Clark's "Statistically....." comment in the elevator.

God help me. :whip:

JetsAndHeels
10-23-2008, 12:07 PM
as much as i'll get guff for it, i gotta say for some reason, I enjoyed last weeks episode with the psycho wedding guy. I like twisted characters like that and I enjoyed what he did with Chloe, Jimmy, etc, etc. I knew it was the jeweler once we met him too, but no worries.

I will also say that I enjoyed the relationship between Clark and Lois in this episode; the banter was great and their awkwardness at the end was fun to watch. I laughed pretty hard at Clark's "Statistically....." comment in the elevator.

God help me. :whip:

I liked the episode too, JMG. I thought it was well done.

Here is the description for tonight's new episode:

The 6th episode of "Smallville" Season 8 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, October 23rd, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Prey", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

DAVIS STARTS TO SEE HIS DARK SIDE - Clark (Tom Welling) looks into a recent attack in a theater that may be the work of a serial killer. Suspecting it could be someone who is meteor-infected, he demands that Chloe (Allison Mack) release the names of the people she is counseling at the Isis Foundation, which causes a rift between the friends. Davis (Sam Witwer) fears that his blackouts could mean that he is the serial killer and collects evidence that may implicate him. Fearing the worst, he confesses his suspicions to Chloe. Erica Durance, Aaron Ashmore and Cassidy Freeman also stars.
Michael Rohl directed the episode written by Brian Peterson & Kelly Souders.

Tycho
10-25-2008, 06:59 PM
This week's was a good episode. I liked the darkness of it.

Handcuffs on that kid who seemed to turn into a non-corporeal whisp of dark smoke and green eyes seemed kind of ridiculous. He should have been easily capable of escaping that.

It's hard to follow the momentum of any broadcast season. I'm watching the show on DVD now and it seems to make much more sense as an epic production than as something interrupted by re-runs and sports and election programs.

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Something that I liked from this week's episode:

Clark seems to finally be embracing his destiny. I like the idea that he is listening out for trouble and then using his abilities to help others. Hopefully that will be something that does not stop.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Something that I liked from this week's episode:

Clark seems to finally be embracing his destiny. I like the idea that he is listening out for trouble and then using his abilities to help others. Hopefully that will be something that does not stop.

Definitely agree that I loved that part of the episode. It's great to see some more action and mystery this season. I'm still wondering when we will see Davis in his "creature" form and I did like how Jimmy mentioned that the creature had "boney eyebrows." That made me chuckle. Glad to see MM back too.

Overall, I also enjoyed this weeks episode.

and was I seeing things or did I see BLUE TIGHTS AND A RED CAPE during next weeks preview?!? Of course it won't be what we think it is, but it still made me go "huH!?!?" and I had to rewind it and see it again. :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2008, 05:38 PM
and was I seeing things or did I see BLUE TIGHTS AND A RED CAPE during next weeks preview?!? Of course it won't be what we think it is, but it still made me go "huH!?!?" and I had to rewind it and see it again. :thumbsup:

Yeah, you saw it. I am having flashbacks to the Lois And Clark episode where Lois turns into Ultra Woman. :)

Tycho
10-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Heh. If I had Clark's powers, I might be so apathetic, I'd just let a lot of folks die. You can't help everyone. But I'm sure I'd want to try.

However, with that super-breath, I'm sure I'd use it to blow a lot of ladies' skirts up. But then, I'd also have x-ray vision! The ultimate skill for a peeping-Clark.

Man, I'd be trouble with super-powers! :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
10-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Heh. If I had Clark's powers, I might be so apathetic, I'd just let a lot of folks die. You can't help everyone. But I'm sure I'd want to try.

However, with that super-breath, I'm sure I'd use it to blow a lot of ladies' skirts up. But then, I'd also have x-ray vision! The ultimate skill for a peeping-Clark.

Man, I'd be trouble with super-powers! :crazed:

All reasons why it is Clark who becomes Superman, not someone else.

Droid
10-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Did anyone notice that when Clark ran away from Chloe to confront Davis he had a blue shirt and no jacket and then when he arrived on the scene to fight the ghoul he had on his red jacket? Did he stop and pick up his coat in case he got chilly?

JediTricks
10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Did anyone notice that when Clark ran away from Chloe to confront Davis he had a blue shirt and no jacket and then when he arrived on the scene to fight the ghoul he had on his red jacket? Did he stop and pick up his coat in case he got chilly?
I did notice that, I guess at super-speed you have plenty of time to grab your coat, maybe a nosh, read the paper, hit the bathroom, and check email. :p

I'm shocked nobody's talking about the fact that Clark lept a tall building in a single bound! That was awesome!

JetsAndHeels
10-28-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm shocked nobody's talking about the fact that Clark lept a tall building in a single bound! That was awesome!

You are right, it was awesome. So glad they put that in the episode.

I must say that I am enjoying most of these new episodes in season 8. I just hope that the show keeps the element of Clark helping the citizens of Metropolis. That is such a huge part of the development of his character.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-28-2008, 10:56 PM
I did notice that, I guess at super-speed you have plenty of time to grab your coat, maybe a nosh, read the paper, hit the bathroom, and check email. :p

I totally forgot to mention that; that was awesome!!!!

You are right, it was awesome. So glad they put that in the episode.

I must say that I am enjoying most of these new episodes in season 8. I just hope that the show keeps the element of Clark helping the citizens of Metropolis. That is such a huge part of the development of his character.

I agree; it's really adding some much needed excitement and fun into the show.

and hey, J&H, any leaked pics of Doomsday showing up anywhere, eh eh eh?!!???? :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
10-28-2008, 11:32 PM
and hey, J&H, any leaked pics of Doomsday showing up anywhere, eh eh eh?!!???? :thumbsup:

I haven't seen any leaked pics so far. Believe me, I have been looking!!

I will say that episode 10, entitled "Bride", looks to be something. It is the episode where Lana returns, and there is alot going on. From everything I have read, I can just say it's a "bloody mess".

And I guess now is as good a time as ever to list this week's episode description:

The 7th episode of "Smallville" Season 8 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, October 30th, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Identity", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

"Jimmy (Aaron Ashmore) snaps a picture of Clark (Tom Welling) super-speeding to save Lois (Erica Durance) from a mugger and manages to catch a red and blue blur on film. Jimmy shows it to Tess (Cassidy Freeman) who decides to run it on the front page of the Daily Planet. Clark fears his identity will be discovered so he asks Chloe (Allison Mack) to run interference with Jimmy, but she refuses."
The episode is written by Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer and directed Mairzee Almas.

Tycho
10-29-2008, 12:05 AM
I've been watching Season 7 on DVD now and noticed something that ticked me off.

In Season SEVEN they reveal what Lana's pregnancy being faked was all about:

1) Lex uses it to get Lana to marry him - true

but

2) Lex probably used that genetic material to clone Lana - the same clone that she put in the SUV that blew up.

Now why was he cloning her? Was he going to kill the real Lana and replace her with his programmed Stepford clone of her?

Was she a prototype to help him clone the soldier who'd be the template for his clone army? (Was Jango Fett unavailable or something?)

The plot was not satisfactorily resolved unless I'm missing something AND the rest of the plot is pretty unoriginal since I saw Episode 2 of Star Wars.

Droid
10-30-2008, 11:04 AM
The whole clone thing was some mighty lazy writing. It ranks right up there with "it was all a dream".

I like the Clark becoming Superman element too. But the show is just so bad and has been so bad for so long I have a hard time caring anymore.

Tycho
10-30-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm reading Kevin J. Anderson's "Last Days of Krypton."

1) Krypton was not always an ice planet, but tropical, actually.

Whoa! That goes against everything I'd ever seen or learned. I guess something will happen to turn the planet icey before it explodes? But in time for every Superman nemesis from another world to know about it since they refer to Krypton as a "ball of ice." OK - it's possible I guess.

2) Zod bets on Non in the Kryptonian equivalent of podracing. Non rides a chariot pulled by giant iguanas - and his are black and lethally bite the other racers' green lizards of course. Non's Kryptonian name was Nam. Ursa's first noticed by Zod in the audience there and it's love at first sight. She is named Aether or something like that. My guess is that they change their names, sort of like other bad guys call themselves Darth.

If everything is starting to sound un-original, please let me continue to the planet destroying super-weapons. I wish I were kidding, but I'm not. However, it is justifiable since Krypton did explode.

Anyway, I am still reading, but I thought I'd mention what I knew (and maybe wish I didn't know).

Tycho
10-31-2008, 01:21 AM
Don't forget to respond to my other post about Krypton up above.

But does this mean Chloe will kill to protect Clark's secret? She'll definitely assault someone. That's for sure. We don't know that the stalker dude died.

Good episode with some character growth for both Oliver and Clark.

Lois looked hot.

And it looks like Kara (Supergirl) returns next week when Lois and Clark are trapped in The Phantom Zone.

pbarnard
10-31-2008, 08:39 AM
Your first posting, I'd just say its KJA, so if anyone can ruin/change/lose the meaning of a mythos, he can.

I think the Chloe thing is a toss up. Is it her protecting Clark, or is it Brainiac or is it Brainiac manipulating/lowering her inhibitions ala alcohol (something she would like to do, but normally wouldn't).

JetsAndHeels
10-31-2008, 10:41 AM
And it looks like Kara (Supergirl) returns next week when Lois and Clark are trapped in The Phantom Zone.

No $h*t!! Stop the presses!! :)

JetsAndHeels
11-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Better late than never....

The 8th episode of "Smallville" Season 8 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, November 6th, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Bloodline", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

KARA RETURNS - Clark (Tom Welling) receives an anonymous package containing the crystal that Tess (Cassidy Freeman) found in the Arctic. When he removes the crystal, it activates and sends him and a visiting Lois (Erica Durance) to the Phantom Zone where they run into Kara (guest star Laura Vandervoort). Kara opens a portal for Lois to return but Zod's wife Faora escapes with her and takes over Lois' body. A possessed Lois goes on a rampage in Metropolis. Allison Mack, Aaron Ashmore and Justin Hartley also star. Michael Rohl directed the episode written by Caroline Dries.

JediTricks
11-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Ok, when Tess showed up just after Chloe in the farmhouse, that was too much, too stupid. This character is so struggling still, and now she's just popping up out of nowhere to annoy with no good reason.

I have to admit, Erica Durance as Faora was a far better fit than her as Lois. She was not only far more attractive with the different hair, makeup, and clothes, but the character was a better fit to the actress than the Lois character. Really a shame she didn't get to be that character more, or have a Lois that is better written to her acting talents.

I swear everybody in this episode got knocked unconscious - Clark, Lois, Kara, Oliver, Tess, and Davis! That's got to be a friggin' Smallville record.

Poor Sam Witwer, once again he's run through by surprise by his creator. This guy just can't catch a break. :p

All in all, not the worst episode but not a good one either. We got some stuff developed though, that's good, character development for a few folks.

Tycho
11-07-2008, 12:25 AM
CW was the only channel to screw up down here in SD.

All my other channels worked. There was no sound on CW and just static noise (but there was a picture).

I chose not to watch that way and I'll catch the show on YouTube or DVD.

Anything seriously important happen? Kara return from TPZ?

JediTricks
11-07-2008, 12:31 AM
A lot actually, I started to type it up but realized it needs to be seen.

Droid
11-07-2008, 12:22 PM
So who took the crystal from Tess and who mailed it to the farm? It doesn't make sense for it to be Lex (although maybe he's Kryptonian tainted Lex now :rolleyes:). Why would a crystal that would allegedly rebuild the fortress send Clark to the Phantom Zone? All questions that will probably never be answered.

By the way, what happened to Zod on this show after he possessed Lex? Is he "dead"? Is he a loose phantom somewhere on Earth? Did he get sent back to the zone?

JetsAndHeels
11-08-2008, 11:16 AM
I liked the episode pretty much. One thing puzzles me though:

Why the hell would Clark open the box with the crystal in it right there with Lois watching? Even if he did not know what was in it, once he opened it he saw the crystal. He did not have to take it out so it could power up.

I know it may seem trivial, but for a guy who wants to keep his secret, that seemed like a big no-no.

Tycho
11-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Uh - he has X-ray vision. How could he not know what was in a paper box before he opened it? I didn't have any sound to my TV on that channel (CW's fault) but I did see that part. The box wasn't lead.

JediTricks
11-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Clark doesn't seem to use his powers for everyday stuff, except for strength and speed. Basically, because he's dumb.

The "X" mystery character I bet will be unsatisfyingly Lex Luthor with another convoluted reasoning for his change of behavior.

Tycho
11-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Is Clark supposed to be dumb?

Or is he naive? Idealistic? Never tiring of giving others second chances?

Then again, is all of the above just being dumb anyway?

To change that perception, would anyone like a cynical Superman who gives second chances anyway?

"Lex, you'll probably just end up back in jail because you're an evil SOB who's beyond redemption anyway, but I'll fix things and save you one more time anyway...."

I guess watching Clark in action then would kind of be a bummer, rather than if he just acts like a hero in spite of everything.

JetsAndHeels
11-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Uh - he has X-ray vision. How could he not know what was in a paper box before he opened it? I didn't have any sound to my TV on that channel (CW's fault) but I did see that part. The box wasn't lead.

Then that is even more reason for him to keep the box shut and not open it while Lois is around!!

Think, McFly, Think!!

Tycho
11-09-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm finishing watching my Season 7 DVDs. I missed a few episodes there. I hadn't cared as much.

The one where Pete Ross returned was pretty good. It was blatant product-placement for Stride Gum, but I didn't mind. It was creatively done.

The Veratas thing is building up until Lionnel's eventual death. I think it seems as though the build-up was too short for Lex to whack his own father over this. I don't remember too well, how it happened. But I know Lionnel fell out his top-story office window and Lex caused it to happen - either by throwing him or shooting him. I think the build-up to that should have been more than 2-3 episodes though. There were moments over the years, like when Lex hesitates to save him in the first-season cliff-hanger (during the tornado) but the writers have always backed off from that position.

They had the chance to do a season-build-up here. But we'll see how it goes from just a 3 episode story arc.

And if Michael Rosenbaum was leaving the show, they should have had Lex go to prison for the murder of his father. They could clear him or have him win an appeal or something when they want to bring him back as a guest star - or have him escape from prison like he did in the Gene Hackman movies.

Tycho
11-11-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm getting the episode I missed downloaded bit by bit.

Broadband is not nearly as fast as DSL was. Maybe I should go back?

But Davis aka Doomsday is the son of Zod? Wow. I didn't see that coming.

Quite interesting. I just got to the part where Green Arrow is breaking into the Luthor mansion, and it's doing some more loading. Darn broadband...

EDIT: AFTER FINISHING THE EPISODE:

Wow! Great episode. Perhaps my favorite from Smallville in a long time.

So

Brainiac was created by Jor-El and corrupted by Zod?
Zor-El somehow rivaled his brother - perhaps just over Lara, but maybe there was more?
Doomsday was created by Zod and his wife, who was not Ursa (from Superman II)?
Bizarro is a phantom who bio-engineered himself off Kal-El, and had been formerly an experiment?

Have I got these right?

JediTricks
11-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Clark is naive, he believes in the best in people. Unless they throw guns at him, then he punches their heads to custard.

Keep in mind, Clark didn't recognize the crystal when he opened it, and it's not like it's ever acted that way before. Unwise to open it in front of Lois? Yes. Full-blown mental handicap moment? No.

Tycho
11-12-2008, 10:55 AM
How come they write the show that way: such that everyone watching will think THEY too are smarter than Clark (isn't NOT being naive, part of being smart?) and what does it say, that we are all cynics and untrusting?

I guess Clark's example is supposed to affect us and we are supposed to be better to each other and give each other the benefit of the doubt?

Well I realized 8 years ago that I think like Lex Luthor instead.

Droid
11-12-2008, 02:43 PM
I thought that Jimmy Olsen from the Superman movies, the Kryptonian who lived on Earth as a human for years and years created Brainiac.

Tycho
11-12-2008, 04:40 PM
No. We're you paying attention? Anakin Skywalker built Brainiac when he was 9 years old.

Jedi_Kal-El
11-13-2008, 03:18 PM
I thought that Jimmy Olsen from the Superman movies, the Kryptonian who lived on Earth as a human for years and years created Brainiac.

Dax-Ur created the orignial Brainiac program to make life easier on Krypton. He abandoned his work after learning of it's desrtuctive capability. Jor-El picked up the work and recreated him years later giving him a body to help aid in the war against Zod.

JetsAndHeels
11-13-2008, 05:18 PM
2 items of business on todays agenda:

First of all, Tori Spelling will be returning. She will reprise her role as Linda Lake. Look for her to be back in early 2009.

Second, here is tonight's episode description:

The 9th episode of "Smallville" Season 8 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, November 13th, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Abyss", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

BRAINIAC ERASES CHLOE'S MEMORY - Brainiac begins removing Chloe's (Allison Mack) memories one by one until the only person she remembers is Davis (Sam Witwer). Clark realizes the only way to stop Brainiac from taking over Chloe's mind is to rebuild the Fortress and ask Jor-El to heal her.
"Abyss" was writted by Don Whitehead and Holly Henderson and was directed by Kevin Fair.

Jedi_Kal-El
11-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Yah!!! Tori Spelling!!! :mad: Some characters should stay dead. She's one of them.

Tonites episode was good, but next weeks is gonna kick someserious butt!!!

JediTricks
11-13-2008, 09:46 PM
How come they write the show that way: such that everyone watching will think THEY too are smarter than Clark (isn't NOT being naive, part of being smart?) and what does it say, that we are all cynics and untrusting? One can be naive and still smart, it's all about attitude and faith in the human condition. However, they write Clark's naivite far too broadly on the show, as well as a bit inconsistently, and when he finally is burned they write him as bitter and calloused which isn't what Supes is about.

I kinda wish tonight's ep wasn't focused on Davis, they overplayed their hand there in recent eps and I fear this will take that over the top.

Jedi_Kal-El
11-13-2008, 11:37 PM
They're over playing Davis for the big DD reveal.

JediTricks
11-14-2008, 04:56 AM
That costume at the preview for next week looked accurate and yet costumey, kinda like The Thing in the Fantastic Four movies.

This episode was a bit of a letdown, and the big twists were too obvious for my tastes. Everything's chugging along like it's trying to get the train into the station rather than tell the story.

Jedi_Kal-El
11-14-2008, 12:17 PM
It did look a bit costumey, but at least they're not giving us a super dumbed down version of the character. I do hope that as DD progresses that the Chloe infatuation fades which I'm assuming probably will.

Tycho
11-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I'll have to watch this one online as well. I missed it because my grandma is in the hospital and not faring too well.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-15-2008, 12:28 PM
I really liked the episode and I feel bad for Clark as Chloe was one of his oldest friends and it's gotta sucks to lose her on that level of secrecy. Still, he did make the right choice.

And I did really like the flashback scene of the two of them in the barn. That young actress did a GREAT job of playing Chloe; the mannerisms and the way she spoke were dead on. I couldn't help but chuckle.

From what I saw of Doomsday, I really like it. They'll probably keep him in the shadows quite a bit unless they can mesh the CGI and costume well. Regardless, i'm really lookin' forward to it! :thumbsup:

Droid
11-17-2008, 03:45 PM
One nitpick before I get into it - Clark could not have run, checked out a library book, and returned to the barn that fast at that age. They said on the show he grew into his abilitiies. That is too fast - even if he stole the book rather than checked it out.

I thought it was a very gripping episode. I was much more into it than most.
There were parts that were just so terribly sad.

On one hand, it was very heroic of Clark to have Chloe forget everything. And it does help transition towards the Superman mythos we know of with Chloe not really being around - particularly if they don't want to kill her. However, that seemed pretty unethical to me. Clark knew that Clark meant the world to Chloe and that her ability to help him made her feel special. So much of her memory of the past years has been re-written or is now gone. He basically took the thing she cherished most about her life away from her because "he knows what is best". I think it was an odd writing choice. It may show Clark growing up, but it also removes one of the only people Clark can talk to about problems. Clark talking to Chloe kind of helps fill screen time in some episodes. From a stroy perspective, I am really sad for Clark.

But why should Oliver, Lana, and Pete, and probably 30 other characters in the run of the show get to know Clark's secret, but Chloe doesn't? The three I listed don't have powers. Chloe thought she was making the world a better place by being Clark's support system and he took that from her.

With this plot development Chloe and Lois are basically the same character.

Was that Brainiac or Davis' voice in the Fortress at the end?

They have totally watered down Doomsday and I think the next few weeks will be cringe worthy.

JetsAndHeels
11-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Tonight is the night...Doomsday!! I can't wait.

Here is our episode description:

The 10th episode of "Smallville" Season 8 airs in the U.S. on Thursday, November 20th, 2008 at 8.00pm. Titled "Bride", here's the official (spoiler filled) description from The CW...

IT’S CHLOE AND JIMMY’S DREAM WEDDING DAY BUT TWO UNEXPECTED GUESTS CRASH THE PARTY - Chloe (Allison Mack) is excited that she's marrying Jimmy (Aaron Ashmore) but is worried that Davis (Sam Witwer) will stop the wedding. Meanwhile, Oliver (Justin Hartley) tells Clark (Tom Welling) he thinks he's discovered where Lex is hiding and takes off to Cuba to confront him. However, when he arrives, Oliver is shocked to find Lana (Kristin Kreuk) instead. Clark and Lois (Erica Durance) grow closer but chaos ensues when Doomsday crashes the wedding and tries to kidnap Chloe.
"Bride" was written by Al Septian and Turi Meyer and directed by Jeannot Szwarc.

Tycho
11-20-2008, 01:44 PM
I hope I am able to watch it. With my Grandma and everything going on right now.

I missed last week, too. I have no way at home to record this. But perhaps my cousins will record it for me.

But I get the gist of last week from your posts: Chloe's memory was erased and her not knowing anything of Clark has been re-booted.

Of course I don't want to miss Lana's guest appearances. :love:

Jedi_Kal-El
11-20-2008, 04:35 PM
You can watch full episodes on the CW website now Tycho if you're unable to watch them when they air.

JediTricks
11-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Ok, why did they think making the first half of the episode into Cloverfield was a good idea? And man, that suit looks pretty suity, reminds me of Roger Corman's Fantastic Four. :p Episode was a lot of emo-talking and not much in the way of action. Lots of plot holes (gee, it's too bad Oliver doesn't know another speedy guy or anything; and that's not how routers work) and Lana back was underwhelming (she looked not so great, too) but at least she got hit in the head again for old time's sake. :D Doomsday wasn't very big either. And poor Lois, they wrote her so stupid-in-love. That ending made NO sense.

For a while, I was hoping that The Traveler was going to end up being Doomsday rather than Clark, that would make a lot more sense at this point and make Doomsday not kill Clark at this stage in the Superman lore which is kinda important. I also thought the Kryptonite was going to play into it, but that was a waste of time too.

So the show's on hiatus until the new year, then they're bringing in new heroes. I fear that ugly sack of crap they showed was Steel, looked totally ridiculous.

Jedi_Kal-El
11-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Heck the end scene with you know who trumped everything they tried to pull off with Doomsday.

JetsAndHeels
11-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Glad you liked the episode, JT.

I enjoyed it myself. Not enough Doomsday if you ask me, but overall I thought it was as good as a wedding episode could get. I wish Lois and Clark had actually been able to connect there (thanks alot Lana). Otherwise I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to new episodes in January.

Droid
11-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Hated the Cloverfield stuff.

The inconsistency of Clark refusing to help Oliver on Chloe's wedding day, going to commercial, and Clark rushing in with the router was stupid. Who was the guy Oliver let listen in on his conversation with Clark? Really protecting the secret there.

Lana was pointless as always.

What is up with the very ending? I know who it was, but it didn't make sense.

I hate how Doomsday is in love with Chloe and that is his primary motivation right now.

Gee, when there was something walking on the barn it's a shame Clark couldn't do anything like use X-ray vision or run outside and get on top of the barn real fast and see what was going on.

Ya, better to sit with Lana in the hospital than to run around looking for Chloe at super speed.

Is Doomsday that fast, that he could leave without Clark knowing where he went? I seem to remember in the original Supes-Doomsday fight something about them hitting each other so fast that people couldn't see their hands, but I don't remember him as terribly fast.

JediTricks
11-23-2008, 04:40 AM
Heck the end scene with you know who trumped everything they tried to pull off with Doomsday.Doomy is just an old romantic at heart. :love: :p

Glad you liked the episode, JT.Which episode was that? ;)

Not enough Doomsday if you ask meTotally agree! They needed to own that thing right there and instead they acted like either they were ashamed of the final version, or they wanted to cliffhanger the full look (which IMO is a mistake).

, but overall I thought it was as good as a wedding episode could get. I wish Lois and Clark had actually been able to connect there (thanks alot Lana). Otherwise I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to new episodes in January.Lana c-blocking Lois actually was a pretty solid piece of wedding-show writing, and they did end up marrying which was bold, usually the soap opera baddie takes the bride JUST BEFORE the vows are complete. :p

The inconsistency of Clark refusing to help Oliver on Chloe's wedding day, going to commercial, and Clark rushing in with the router was stupid. Yeah, you are NOT kidding there, that was really poor writing!

Who was the guy Oliver let listen in on his conversation with Clark? Really protecting the secret there.Good point. And how does a turned-off router send a wifi signal to that guy as well?

Lana was pointless as always.No no, she's mysterious again. :rolleyes:

What is up with the very ending? I know who it was, but it didn't make sense.WTF? I am confused by you 2 talking about the very ending, did I miss something there? I thought SPOILER TEXT: == it was Chloe taken over by Brainiac who had taken over the Fortress, and that's how he got into her when she was placed in the Fortress. ==

I hate how Doomsday is in love with Chloe and that is his primary motivation right now.No, Doomsday SMASH! :p Yeah, it is a little silly soap-opera the way they played that. When his feelings were motivated by Brainiac, that at least had connection.

Gee, when there was something walking on the barn it's a shame Clark couldn't do anything like use X-ray vision or run outside and get on top of the barn real fast and see what was going on.Clark has terrible reflexes when he's not in "super mode". Earlier in the ep, someone bumps into him and it pushes him into Lois, this is SUPERMAN, he can react faster than a speeding bullet and he's super strong, how the hell is this stuff always taking him by surprise?

Ya, better to sit with Lana in the hospital than to run around looking for Chloe at super speed.To be fair, Clark isn't one of those "look everywhere in the world" guys, we've seen that of him before.

Is Doomsday that fast, that he could leave without Clark knowing where he went? I seem to remember in the original Supes-Doomsday fight something about them hitting each other so fast that people couldn't see their hands, but I don't remember him as terribly fast.Clark was knocked away and was busy with the kryptonite, it was a distraction at the time. But yeah, Clark greatly underestimated this thing.

pbarnard
11-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Why is it every episode of Smallville is told in flash back? They show the "ending" or near enough, than go 8 hours or more back in time. This is the third or fourth episode like this.

JetsAndHeels
11-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Why is it every episode of Smallville is told in flash back? They show the "ending" or near enough, than go 8 hours or more back in time. This is the third or fourth episode like this.

If I remember correctly, the first time they used this was on the episode "Spirit", in season 4. That was the one where Chloe tries to set everyone on fire at the prom. She had actually been possessed by the spirit of a girl who had a wreck and landed out in a field of meteor rock.

That episode worked, and I liked it personally because it started out showing Chloe as the enemy. I remember going "what the hell", but then it explained during the show how the spirit overtook her. She then posessed Clark and Jonathan used the kryptonite to drive her out.

pbarnard
11-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes, but the Lana/Lex wedding was the same way. One could even say Requieum where Jonathan Kent dies is the same thing. I'm saying it is getting to be a tiresome device in a tiresome series that for now has reverted into being almost entertaining from where it was the previous 3-4 years. It's like the writers are using all the bad cliches one is advised to avoid in a high school creative writing class.

Tycho
11-24-2008, 01:07 PM
It's like the writers are using all the bad cliches one is advised to avoid in a high school creative writing class.

Oh yeah? Then where is the AllSpark and how come DoomsDay didn't have flames on his sides?

I didn't see the episode, but I haven't heard that there was even ONE masturbation joke or pee-pee scene either.

And Shelby could've appeared on drugs.

Also, Doomsday could have announced "I am Doomsday!" in case we didn't know or something.

Then Clark could have said, "One shall stand and one shall fall!"

The lack of all these cliches in this episode suggests it didn't stand a chance to live up to its full craptacular potential such as if Orci and Kurtzman were writing it.

Who do I complain to?

JetsAndHeels
11-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Oh yeah? Then where is the AllSpark and how come DoomsDay didn't have flames on his sides?

I didn't see the episode, but I haven't heard that there was even ONE masturbation joke or pee-pee scene either.

And Shelby could've appeared on drugs.

Also, Doomsday could have announced "I am Doomsday!" in case we didn't know or something.

Then Clark could have said, "One shall stand and one shall fall!"

The lack of all these cliches in this episode suggests it didn't stand a chance to live up to its full craptacular potential such as if Orci and Kurtzman were writing it.

Who do I complain to?

Wow, total breakdown there.

Keep your Transformers talk out of this thread, thanks.

JediTricks
11-29-2008, 04:48 PM
What is up with the very ending? I know who it was, but it didn't make sense.Ok, so thanks to your reminder, I remember what you're talking about. IMO, that was them getting desperate, they have no clue how to proceed and that character moves the story along, even when that person has been "altered" so the actor that portrays them won't have to be used.

Tycho
12-01-2008, 03:13 AM
My cousin recorded the Doomsday episode for me and I finally watched it.

Was that Lex Luthor in the end, hooked up to all kinds of green wires?

JetsAndHeels
12-01-2008, 11:36 AM

No, it was Professor X. :)

pbarnard
12-01-2008, 12:12 PM

No, Vance Wingfield.

Jedi_Kal-El
12-01-2008, 01:48 PM

No, Vance Wingfield.

Actually guys it was Kojack.

JediTricks
12-04-2008, 04:58 AM
Actually guys it was Kojack.
It was Daddy Warbucks!

Jedi_Kal-El
12-06-2008, 02:34 AM
It was Daddy Warbucks!

He was too skinny to be Daddy Warbucks. :p

Tycho
12-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Kristin Kruek is the smartest member of the cast of Smallville

This might explain why she left the show. :D

On MySpace, their IQ test results were posted in some ad for YOU to take the same IQ test:

137 - Kristin Kruek (Lana)
134 - Tom Welling (Clark)
129 - Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy)
124 - Allison Mack (Chloe)

Funny and ironic seeing how Chloe is portrayed as the smartest character, but Lana is downright devious now.

I would have liked to have seen Michael Rosenbaum (Lex) tested. I bet he's a genius.

I'm a genius too, you know. I bet my IQ is close to 200! (I was tested as a kid once and they told my parents I was a prodigy!)

But anyway, as someone who might be smart:

1) I don't want to click on some ad to give SPAMMERS more of my personal information and e-mail address (so I can buy herbal medacine to enlarge my breasts)

2) I don't necessarily believe that the ad is honest and that the Smallville cast really sat down and took IQ tests for this advertising company (though it's remotely possible - if I were sitting around waiting for the director to call me out for filming, I might take an IQ test to pass the time).

JediTricks
12-08-2008, 07:59 PM
He was too skinny to be Daddy Warbucks. :pWhy do you think he was hooked up to all those liposuction tubes? :D

JetsAndHeels
12-17-2008, 10:07 AM
The CW has posted a trailer for the upcoming episode "Legion" which airs on January 15th.

Trailer (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=5820#comments)

JediTricks
12-18-2008, 07:49 PM
I dunno what to think, it's like they've turned into a cheesy sci-fi action show with that trailer, like Mutant X or something.

pbarnard
12-19-2008, 12:48 PM
I dunno what to think, it's like they've turned into a cheesy sci-fi action show with that trailer, like Mutant X or something.

It's like they have a wheel on which they spin, "How to ruin the plot" and has all these things on it. Finally came up "cheesey/campy bad sci fi". Its come up "all a dream", "take away their memories", "reveal secret, but don't let them exploit it". One thing I have liked, but has been missing the past two seasons is the "Waltons like ending" where Clark and usually it was his parents, explain the lesson and the upcoming challenges. I actually liked that stock device.

Tycho
12-20-2008, 08:32 PM
I liked it even better when Lex and Lionnel Luthor had those talks :D

They were a great source for lessons about alternate morality. :twisted:

JetsAndHeels
01-06-2009, 09:48 PM
The CW has released the official description of the up-coming 11th episode of Season 8 of "Smallville". Titled "Legion" this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Thursday, January 15th on The CW.

"The aftermath of Doomsday's (Sam Witwer) attack on Chloe (Allison Mack) and Jimmy's (Aaron Ashmore) wedding leaves Clark (Tom Welling) in shock, but before he can search for the kidnapped Chloe, The Persuader (guest star Fraser Aithceson) appears and attacks him. Rokk (guest star Ryan Kennedy), Imra (guest star Alexz Johnson) and Garth (guest star Calum Worthy), also known as The Legion, step in from the future to help vanquish the Persuader and the group realizes Brainiac has taken over Chloe once again. Meanwhile, up at the Fortress, Chloe, as Brainiac, informs Davis he is Doomsday and was created to kill 'the other Kryptonian' and destroy the world."
"Legion" was written by Geoff Johns and directed by Glen Winter.

figrin bran
01-07-2009, 01:07 AM
hmmm...so it's Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and one other Legionaire (just looked it up - Cosmic Boy)

So I just started playing Force Unleashed and had been wondering where I had seen the actor for Starkiller. Then I read this thread and it dawned on me suddenly- Doomsday! (and also Crashdown from BSG)

Tycho
01-08-2009, 09:48 AM
Meanwhile, up at the Fortress, Chloe, as Brainiac, informs Davis he is Doomsday and was created to kill 'the other Kryptonian' and destroy the world."

Davis probably won't like that. Thus far, he's been trying to be a nice guy - except for the part of killing himself to force him to grow stronger.

I would like to see Davis struggle against his "father's" intentions, just as Clark struggled against what Jor-El had planned for him.

Thus far, I've liked Davis' character.

Droid
01-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Ugh. I can't provide a link because there is some language, but Smallville is coming back next year.

JetsAndHeels
01-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Ugh. I can't provide a link because there is some language, but Smallville is coming back next year.

Are you sure? I found this article on the Superman Homepage:

The Sun Sentinel has published an article regarding the status of shows on The CW. There's only one small paragraph about "Smallville", but the content of which may dismay many fans...

[The CW's Entertainment President, Dawn] Ostroff declined to definitively say Smallville is over after this season but she indicated this is the direction the CW is leaning. The producers have been told to create a season-ender that could also serve as the series-ender.

While the Producers of "Smallville" would obviously love for the show to go a ninth season, going as far as to try and re-sign the show's stars (such as Tom Welling) for an additional season, they are ultimately at the mercy of the network.

It does not say for sure the show is over, but season 9 is not a definite.

And on another note, if any of you do not have season 7 yet and want it, Best Buy has it on sale for $19.99 this week (the offer end Saturday I believe).

InsaneJediGirl
01-14-2009, 08:04 AM
I stopped watching it in the middle of last season(night classes helped) and I tried to watch a few this season. Its just a huge disappointment.

Droid
01-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Are you sure?

I sent you a private message with the link and the article. The article is as follows:

Seems that a situation is developing over at Smallville that I'd started to suspect for a while, since this current season didn't seem to be building toward any gigantic finale: it looks like there's going to indeed be a Season 9. The story's coming from various sources all over the web, but I first caught it at SyfyPortal, which got its stuff from Michael Ausiello of EW. According to Ausiello, responding to a question about the possibility, "Yes, there's news, and it's good. Some would even call it, ahem, super. According to a well- placed Smallville insider, Welling is nearing a deal to return for a ninth season. I'm told they're just ironing out some minor deal points, such as should the Brinks Truck pull into the actor's driveway, or just unload on the street."

OK, think about this for a moment: nine seasons of Smallville. That's longer than any Star Trek series by two years. That's going neck and neck with X-Files, which itself should have ended two years before it did. That's approaching the current genre record holder, Stargate: SG-1, and that show had to retool itself bigtime after Season 8. I'd been thinking that the last two seasons were going to be it, and have been incorrect both times. This effectively means that when all is said and done, Tom Welling will have played the Man of Steel longer than anyone, except for the iconic Christopher Reeve, who only dipped back into the role once every three or four years. George Reeves managed it for approximately seven years, depending on whom you ask. Of course his leaving the part was either voluntary or not, also depending on whom you ask.

So what exactly does this mean for Smallville? Welling knows what side his bread is buttered on, and at least seems savvy enough to realize that with only two Cheaper By The Dozen movies and a *** Fog remake recently, the movies aren't exactly beating down his door. And as long as the ratings are up, or at least holding steady, the CW isn't in any hurry to have him go anywhere and he seems in no hurry to leave. Plus there's the ridiculous checks he's going to be cashing this upcoming season if (when) he re-signs. As for the show itself, Smallville started with the mantra of "no tights, no flights," but the guys who made that rule - Alfred Gough and Miles Millar - are gone. And Clark has effectively made the leap from the farm to the Planet. Plus the whole Clark/Lana/Lex love triangle albatross is also gone. The Superman theatrical franchise is still in the Phantom Zone as well. And with the Justice League now firmly established in the show's mythology and Justin Hartley a regular as Green Arrow, I see no reason that we couldn't actually see Clark finally get into the superlongjohns.

JetsAndHeels
01-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the information Droid.

It seems we are hearing conflicting reports...so I guess it's 50/50 right now. It is all speculation at this point, but we should know more once we get closer to the end of season 8.

Tycho
01-15-2009, 05:34 PM
If Clark "suits up" as Superman on Smallville, I vote for a modern interpretation of the costume:

perhaps an all-black body suit, somewhat like what Clark saw other Kryptonians wearing (like the folks who came out of the ship - Deciples of Zod). Then a silver "s" going across his chest.

He did get a red cape from the actress he saved during the Warrior Angel movie and his little brother Ryan has encouraged him to inspire hope as a super hero. Now Lana is echoing this and Green Arrow has encouraged it.

So why not? All the pieces are in place.

And then we'll see where they'll take Doomsday.

The rogues' gallery on Smallville hasn't been too bad: Lex Luthor, Mytzpltk, Brainiac, General Zod, Bizarro, Doomsday - and I must be forgetting someone. You guys who are the comic fans have suggested Dark Seid. That could be interesting if done right. The Phantoms were cool.

So the show could still work. I don't think Lois needs to forget any feelings she has for Clark, or not be able to recognize him as Superman. That's too corny. He hasn't worn glasses around her for years anyway. That situation between Lois and Clark could be handled differently.

Michael Rosenbaum needs to come back for some guest appearances as Lex Luthor is too important to the legend to sideline. But he always could be sent to prison during one of those guest roles.

I'd also like to see Martha Kent guest star.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-16-2009, 04:53 AM
Thanks for the information Droid.

It seems we are hearing conflicting reports...so I guess it's 50/50 right now. It is all speculation at this point, but we should know more once we get closer to the end of season 8.

I actually saw the same thing you did Jets when I was watching Attack of the Show. On their scrolling news it said They're not sure if they're going to bring it back for a ninth season, and if they don't then the already have a finale in mind.

Doesn't mean season nine isn't going to happen, but the Queen bee at CW really does seem to want to show more pop teeny bopper fluff like Gossip Girl and 90210 than actually keeping good shows on there.

JetsAndHeels
01-16-2009, 11:30 AM
Doesn't mean season nine isn't going to happen, but the Queen bee at CW really does seem to want to show more pop teeny bopper fluff like Gossip Girl and 90210 than actually keeping good shows on there.

"Then the CW is truly dead." :)

Besides other things I watch on other networks, Smallville and Supernatural are the shows I live for. No joke.

If those were taken away, I will bid farewell to the CW, and I imagine alot of other fans would do the same.

And about last night's episode...I thought it was actually pretty good. Seeing the Legion was cool, but one gripe I have is I wish we could have seen more of the bad guy from the beginning. And I want to see an ep where Clark uses that ring and goes to the 31st century..but I know it won't happen. :)

Tycho
01-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Is The Legion rooted in comic lore or is it just something they made up for Smallville?

The one kid who played a nerd played his part really well. I was truly convinced he was a nerd!

Allison Mack did a good impression of James Marsters as Brainiac.

Of course I love having Kristin Kruek on the show. Lana...:love:

I wonder what Lana's destiny will be?

I think they made a play on the situation with Chloe being a made-up character for Smallville and that's why no one in the 31st century had heard of her.

I'm impressed with Sam Witwer's performance as Davis. Doomsday is proving to be an interesting character and not as 1-dimensional as I found him to be in the comic I looked at.

pbarnard
01-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Is The Legion rooted in comic lore or is it just something they made up for Smallville?

There was a cartoon that was playing the past few years called Legion of Superheroes where the 31st Century gang pulls Superboy forward to the 31st Century. But I know of no comic root.

I do love how they all made the jokes about no cape, no flying, etc. Reminds me of the Time Traveling Villian from the Lois & Clark episode. Where it was asked of Lois Lane in the future, "How dumb was she?" in reference to glasses and a flip of the hair.

JediTricks
01-16-2009, 04:11 PM
The Legion of Super Heroes has a rich history in the Silver Age comics, first appearing in Superboy (their outfits on the show harken back to the original costumes of Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, and Saturn Girl) and then taking on a series of their own. When Cosmic Boy told Lightning Lad that he was acting like a "sub", that was a reference to the Legion spin-off, the Legion of Substitute Heroes, characters who tried out for the Legion but weren't quite good enough. Read all about the Legion here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_of_Super-Heroes

The Legion has also grown a dubious distinction of having the worst-named superhero of all time as their very first audition for new members, Arm Fall Off Boy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arm_fall_off_boy).

As for last night's episode, I thought it was ok for light fare, some interesting, some stupid, some promising, some silly (the flight ring execution was painful). The comment about "no tights, no flights" they made was a little pointed, and worthwhile considering the behind-the-scenes stuff. There was a lot of rushed anti-payoff considering the delay though.

JetsAndHeels
01-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Reminds me of the Time Traveling Villian from the Lois & Clark episode. Where it was asked of Lois Lane in the future, "How dumb was she?" in reference to glasses and a flip of the hair.

That is Tempus, played by Lane Davies.

Tempus is the man.

THE Slayer
01-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Cosmic Boy was fantastic I wish he would come back! He might even be hotter than Justin Hartley! :)

And, I hope the show ends with the cape and stuff. They alluded to some nice things with the Legion ep... like the ridiculousness of clark not being able to fly.

Droid
01-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Oh no! We needed that crystal to destroy Brainiac and now it is ruined. If only there was some way to travel back in time and prevent the crystal's destruction. :rolleyes:

Jedi_Kal-El
01-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Oh no! We needed that crystal to destroy Brainiac and now it is ruined. If only there was some way to travel back in time and prevent the crystal's destruction. :rolleyes:

You think the writers would have caught on to that Droid. :D

JetsAndHeels
01-21-2009, 05:48 PM
The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the up-coming 12th episode of Season 8 of "Smallville". Titled "Bulletproof" this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Thursday, January 22nd on The CW.

"Clark discovers John Jones (guest star Phil Morris) was shot while working as a police officer, so Clark dons the uniform and goes undercover to find the culprit. Meanwhile, Lana (Kristin Kreuk) confronts Tess (Cassidy Freeman) and tells her Lex isn't the man she thinks he is. Lana's shocking news forces Tess to reevaluate her position as the head of Luthorcorp."
"Bulletproof" was written by Bryan Miller and directed by Morgan Beggs.

JediTricks
01-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Good lord, last night's episode felt like a "very special episode" where Clark passively watches stupidly as cops become vigilantes. They explored a few interesting points between capes and cops, but never delivered. And watching Lana fight, I know Kristen Kreuk just completed her stint as Chun Li in the upcoming Street Fighter movie, but it came off ridiculous the way they filmed it. There was payoff for that storyline at least though, Clark's just kinda "was". Clark makes the worst fake cop ever. The writer on this one is the same as the one where Jimmy and Chloe get kidnapped and Lois & Clark go "undercover" as a couple to find them. No surprise really, they both sucked.

Tycho
01-24-2009, 03:52 AM
I liked the episode myself. Has Cassidy Freeman (Tess Mercer) put on weight between the fist half of the season and the latter? Where is Oprah Winfrey when you need her?

Anyway, the cop angle was like a bad tribute to The Shield in its own way. It probably was.

Yeah, "the cops versus capes" exploration was cool.

JetsAndHeels
01-24-2009, 03:22 PM
It was an average ep at best...but I do like the fact that the cop who rode with clark was a young Dan Turpin.

And where is Lois? I miss her and all her hotness. Get that waste of space Lana out of there. (sorry Tycho but its true, she just causes drama).

Jedi_Kal-El
01-27-2009, 05:17 PM
And where is Lois? I miss her and all her hotness. Get that waste of space Lana out of there. (sorry Tycho but its true, she just causes drama).

Amen brother. They need to get rid of Lana and get Lois back.

JetsAndHeels
01-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Amen brother. They need to get rid of Lana and get Lois back.

Quoted for truth. We don't need that Street Fighter skank!! :)

Tycho
01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Grrrrrrrr. I am seething with anger now.

I love Kristin!

JetsAndHeels
01-28-2009, 08:07 PM

I love Kristin!

Kristin Kreuk the person is okay Tycho. I am just talking about her on the show as the Lana character. The drama that she brings to the show is totally unnecessary because we have seen it on and off for the last 8 years. Too bad the show will end soon and we will not have had alot of Lana-free time.

And here is the episode description for tomorrow night, which will be Alison Mack's first time at directing.

The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the up-coming 13th episode of Season 8 of "Smallville". Titled "Power" this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Thursday, January 29th on The CW.

"Power" marks the directing debut of Allison Mack.

Clark (Tom Welling) finds Tess (Cassidy Freeman) in Lana's (Kristin Kreuk) ransacked apartment and realizes Lana is missing. Tess tells him Lex is still alive and may have kidnapped Lana and finally reveals the truth about what happened to Lana after she awoke from her Brainiac-induced coma. Meanwhile, Tess breaks into a secret LuthorCorp facility and is shocked at what she discovers.

"Power" was written by Darren Swimmer and Todd Slavkin.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Quoted for truth. We don't need that Street Fighter skank!! :)

They should have done away with her two seasons ago.

I love Kristin!

It's ok that you love Kristen Tycho, but Lois is better than Lana, and Erica is way hotter than Kristen.

pbarnard
01-28-2009, 09:55 PM
It's ok that you love Kristen Tycho, but Lois is better than Lana, and Erica is way hotter than Kristen.

Plus Erica got it on with Teal'c on SG-1.

Indeed.

JediTricks
01-30-2009, 03:25 PM
So, what the hell was that episode? Allison Mack needs to refine her craft, that episode was pretty weak. Some of that was definitely the writing, way too many flashbacks, but there were horrible pacing issues and lots of weird shot choices up in people's faces. And in the end, Lana is now covered in nanites and that somehow makes her a superwoman??? And enough with the damn Clana already!

Tycho
01-31-2009, 06:06 PM
I missed it. I was out to dinner with a friend. :(

I get the gist of what happened based on JT's last comments. I'm not worried about spoilers. I'll see this online or in re-runs or the DVD collection eventually.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-01-2009, 06:30 AM
So, what the hell was that episode? Allison Mack needs to refine her craft, that episode was pretty weak. Some of that was definitely the writing, way too many flashbacks, but there were horrible pacing issues and lots of weird shot choices up in people's faces. And in the end, Lana is now covered in nanites and that somehow makes her a superwoman??? And enough with the damn Clana already!

Worst episode I've seen in a long time. That was probably the first time ever watching that I wished I could have had the hour I spent back.

JediTricks
02-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Dang! I didn't enjoy it, but I didn't feel that strongly about it. Sorry to hear you hated it that much.

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Chloe needs to stick to just acting. The directing bit doesn't suit her.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Chloe needs to stick to just acting. The directing bit doesn't suit her.

I'm not sure if it was even her direction that killed it Jets. It was just a poorly written episode. I can't wait until the bring Lois back, I'm so tired of Lana. Tycho probably loved that ep though.

figrin bran
02-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Kristin Kreuk the person is okay Tycho. I am just talking about her on the show as the Lana character. The drama that she brings to the show is totally unnecessary because we have seen it on and off for the last 8 years. Too bad the show will end soon and we will not have had alot of Lana-free time.

It seems like we've been trying to communicate this with Tycho for years now with little success.

I didn't like the last episode at all and just might consider it one of the worst as well. As recently as last season, if memory serves me correctly, we had a Lana with powers episode and it just seems to underscore how the obsession with Lana on the part of the writers and producers has the show in a holding pattern.

JetsAndHeels
02-01-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm not sure if it was even her direction that killed it Jets. It was just a poorly written episode. I can't wait until the bring Lois back, I'm so tired of Lana. Tycho probably loved that ep though.

I am tired of her too. The Doomsday ep when Clark and Lois were just about to kiss, then Lana walked in, I was so ticked off. It seems everytime we get close to something happening that will progress the story, it gets pushed back. It's really quite ridiculous.

it just seems to underscore how the obsession with Lana on the part of the writers and producers has the show in a holding pattern.

There must be a large portion of the fanbase that I am unaware of...that would be the portion that actually wants to see Lana every week and the drama she brings. I guess I am in the minority, in that I want to see Clark progress to the point where he embraces his destiny..but what do I know anyway?

figrin bran
02-02-2009, 02:35 AM
There must be a large portion of the fanbase that I am unaware of...that would be the portion that actually wants to see Lana every week and the drama she brings. I guess I am in the minority, in that I want to see Clark progress to the point where he embraces his destiny..but what do I know anyway?

Well, it is on the CW, after all!

Droid
02-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I really wish that they would have used some of the money they've used to get Lana in episodes this season to have Martha Kent or Lex Luthor back for an episode or two.

I tend to think when they filmed Lana's farewell message to Clark last year that they meant it to be a real goodbye and not something Lana did with guns on her.

Isn't it a bit of a stretch that Clark didn't go back up to the Fortress after he saw that Brainiac had corrupted it to check things out?

I always complain when Clark gets surprised by people walking up and so we've had to accept some premise that he kind of "turns on" his super hearing, but here Lana says, "Clark come up to the roof" and he hears it clear as a bell. So why do people keep walking up and surprising Clark again?

On one hand, I hope this is the last season because the show is terrible; on the other hand I hope it is back next year because once again they have failed to take the time to build to a satisfying finale because they don't know if they are coming back or not.

JetsAndHeels
02-05-2009, 05:14 PM
The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 14th episode of Season 8 of "Smallville". Titled "Requiem", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Thursday, February 5th on The CW.

"An explosion at LuthorCorp kills all the Board members and injures Oliver (Justin Hartley), who was there to announce the merger of his company with LuthorCorp. Oliver believes that Lex is responsible for the blast, but Clark (Tom Welling) and Lana (Kristin Kreuk) learn that the bomber is Winslow Schott (guest star Chris Gauthier), a toymaker and former Queen Industries employee with a grudge against Oliver."
The episode was written by Holly Henderson and Don Whitehead and was directed by Michael Rohl.

pbarnard
02-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Wait, it took 2 people to write this terrible monstrosity or would only 2 be desperate enough for the CV/resume line? Yippee, so it's Toyman this week?

Tycho
02-09-2009, 05:32 AM
I've missed the past 2 episodes of Smallville, mostly over a kidney transplant ;)

Tycho
02-09-2009, 05:36 AM

I'm right here. What do you mean to tell me that this show is not about letting Kristin Kruek shine every Thursday?

I think she shines!:love: She's my starlight-starbright!:love:

JetsAndHeels
02-09-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm right here. What do you mean to tell me that this show is not about letting Kristin Kruek shine every Thursday?

I'll put it to you this way.....the episodes were better when she wasn't in them. :)

JediTricks
02-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Have I mentioned yet how awful Kristin Kreuk's new movie "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li" looks? It's a prequel, no less!

JetsAndHeels
02-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Chun-Li brings the drama!!

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2009, 11:29 AM
The CW has released an episode trailer for the upcoming 15th episode of season 8, entitled "Infamous."

The episode will air on Thursday, March 12th at 8pm.

Here (http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=6044#comments) is the link to the superman homepage which has it posted at the top of the page.

Tycho
02-18-2009, 11:43 AM
So there's no new episode tonight? I may watch anyway, as I need to catch up on the show with the re-runs and I like the way they had Davis gradually turning into Doomsday. I think the writers have some experience playing with Sea Monkeys. It definitely shows.

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2009, 11:46 AM
So there's no new episode tonight? I may watch anyway, as I need to catch up on the show with the re-runs and I like the way they had Davis gradually turning into Doomsday. I think the writers have some experience playing with Sea Monkeys. It definitely shows.

No new episode tonight.

2 reasons why:

1. It is not March 12th
2. It is not Thursday. :)

pbarnard
02-18-2009, 12:38 PM
I think the writers have some experience playing with Sea Monkeys. It definitely shows.

Well they probably are sea monkeys, so that explains almost everything. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-25-2009, 09:32 AM
I still need to watch REQUIEM as I DVR'd it.

oh and it's coming back for a ninth season: http://tv.ign.com/articles/956/956719p1.html

start your complaining...........................NOW! :whip:

Tycho
02-26-2009, 02:58 AM
That's awesome news actually - if the show continues to improve.

They really need to take Clark to Superman already, though. All the players are in place: Lois, Doomsday, Brainiac, (Lex Luthor if they can get Rosenbaum to guest star - he's excellent in the role). And Jimmy Olsen is there. They could bring in Perry White, and have Annette O'Toole return to guest star as Martha Kent. Of course I love it when Lana Lang is on :love:

The show always has potential, but they've dragged it out for so long. 9 seaons? At the first Comic Con Smallville event, Miles Milar and Al Gogh (is it Al?) said the show was designed for 5 years to cover Clark's high school days and maybe a bit beyond. No one thought it would last 9 years!

And it still remains to be seen if that is actually a good idea.

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2009, 03:34 PM
start your complaining...........................NOW! :whip:

Oh, I am not complaining, and I will show you why!!

Take a look at who is going to be playing the role of Zatanna in the upcoming episode "Hex", which airs on March 26th.

Her name is Serinda Swan. Hot!! Hot!!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallville-casting-news-1001973.aspx?rss=breakingnews

http://www.kryptonsite.com/tvgzatanna.htm

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 04:03 AM
So, the producers felt Zatanna should be a cheap Megan Fox-knockoff in an ill-fitting tux jacket. Why am I not surprised? Nice to know the casting directors on this series have a specific type of skank, it's just too bad that they think so poorly of women in general, especially since they are women.

As Zatanna would say, "Setib siht." ;)

There, how is that for complaining?

Tycho
03-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Oh I'm definitely not complaining.

Smallville has once more provided proof that great minds think alike.

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Rumor has it that 2 characters on the show will be dying (permanently) by the end of this season. I'm hoping both of them are Tess. ;)

figrin bran
03-10-2009, 01:46 AM
But one of those characters is supposed to be a long time character. My guess for the other one is Doomsday.

Droid
03-10-2009, 11:14 AM
But one of those characters is supposed to be a long time character. My guess for the other one is Doomsday.

Maybe they'll kill Martha without having the actress make an appearance. I think that would be a mistake, but I thought killing Jonathon was a mistake.

They could also kill Pete!

JediTricks
03-10-2009, 10:42 PM
The other longtime character they'll kill? The audience. :p

JetsAndHeels
03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Don't forget about the new episode tonight.

The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 15th episode of Season 8 of "Smallville". Titled "Infamous", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Thursday, March 12th on The CW.

"Linda Lake (Tori Spelling) returns to Metropolis and threatens to expose Clark's (Tom Welling) secret unless he promises to give her exclusive information on the red-blue blur so she can become a star reporter again. Refusing to be blackmailed, Clark tells Lois (Erica Durance) his secret and asks her to write his story for the Daily Planet."
"Infamous" was written by Caroline Dries and directed by Glen Winter.

And also there is an article I read on the Superman Homepage about the lack of Lois on Smallville. I wanted to share it, since now I know I am not the only one who wants more of Lois. She is a very, very major character after all. :)

March 12, 2009: A Lack of Lois on "Smallville"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TV Guide's "Mega Buzz" feature talks about why Erica Durance hasn't been more involved in the current season of "Smallville".

At the beginning of the Smallville season, we were led to believe that Erica Durance would film more than her regular 13 episodes. Instead, she's actually doing less! Erica will only appear in 12 episodes, and her fans want to know why.
MATT: Your math, unfortunately, is correct. With Lois absent from Episode 21 (titled "Injustice" and directed by one Tom Welling), Erica will only be in a dozen episodes this season - and that fact pains me especially since I was the one Erica said "more than 13" to. The why of this shortfall won't soothe the sting: Storylines and episode counts are forever fluid, an insider explains, and this is simply how it netted out for Ms. Durance. If I may venture forth with a "silver lining" of sorts: Once Clois fans watch the season finale, it is likely that all will be forgiven. Now just don't ask me about ED and Season 9; you're supposed to be kept guessing as to the "two deaths" in the season finale.

pbarnard
03-12-2009, 12:37 PM
If there's one mention of a Bed and Breakfast...I promise to quit watching, but keep doing so. Take the mind control waves out you animals!!! That's the only reason why we keep watching, has to be.

Tycho
03-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Is that the theory that Lois (Erica) will die and Chloe (Allison) will assume her identity?

JediTricks
03-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Is that the theory that Lois (Erica) will die and Chloe (Allison) will assume her identity?
Doubtful, Clark was falling for real Lois at the end of last season.

Wow, maybe one of the regulars they're gonna kill is Lana... AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Right.

Tycho
03-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I think they'll restore proper "Superman lore" and kill Chloe and Tess Mercer.

Then they'll have:

Clark / Kal-El
Lois Lane
Lex Luthor (frequently absent for the meantime)
Jimmy Olsen
Martha Kent (absent for the meanwhile as well)
Lana Lang (possibly set to be absent unless they bring Kristin back for the 9th season)
Pete Ross (absent but obviously capable of returning)
Doomsday
Brainiac
Mtzlpltk
Martian Manhunter
Green Arrow
Impulse
Aquaman
Cyborg
Black Canary
Bad Writers

Tycho
03-13-2009, 12:43 AM
After the 3-12-09 show

I liked the show. I’m impressed with Sam Witwer’s acting as Davis.

Also the story had me tripping for a while. I should have known they’d press the reset button but it was an entertaining ride.

figrin bran
03-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Where can I get a Clark obama styled poster?

Tycho
03-13-2009, 01:39 AM
Comic book shops seem to have them - or at least I saw a comic or magazine with Obama ripping off his shirt to expose the blue and red outfit with the "O" on it underneath. You could take that to Kinkos and have them make you a poster, I suppose.

Obama has been Superman and Spider-Man now (oh, and according to Saturday Night Live - I linked to it in the Rancor Pit) - he's also the Incredible Hulk (The Rock Obama, played by Dwayne The Rock Johnson).

He needs to be BarackMan next.

figrin bran
03-13-2009, 02:52 AM
In case there was any confusion, I was referring to the 2 posters seen in tonight's episode. When Clark walks out onto the street and sees that large crowd, there are two people holding up posters of him in the same colors (red, blue, yellow) as a particular Obama poster.

pbarnard
03-13-2009, 08:41 AM
While they went to another cheap Sci Fi stock ploy, had a time machine to set it all right, the writers/producers did at least remember something that happened in at least 2 previous episodes so that there was the possibility of using that cheap stock ploy.

They've carried on the Superman tradition of using the line a varation of the line of vision, not seeing, insert woman. They made up their minds on who the woman is but they brought back moody/I can't hurt her Clark to do it.

I've been bothered about this, so Lana uses the implanted super suit, just so she can be his equal/do the hard things, but the cost is she can't ever take it off under cost of death, thus forgoing any physical intamacy.

Droid
03-13-2009, 10:19 AM
I loathed the Lana storyline. She doesn't end up with Clark because they were high school sweethearts who almost never end up together. This whole "I would be with her, she's my one true love, but she can't get that pesky suit off" thing is just nonsense. So later, when he's with Lois, would Lana still be his one true love, who he CAN'T be with?

Also, on Smallville, if you are exposed to a lot of Kryptonite you become a meteor freak, but I guess they'll just ignore that with Lana.

JetsAndHeels
03-13-2009, 11:10 AM
I loathed the Lana storyline.

I just loathe Lana altogether. :)

I thought last night's episode was okay. It was interesting to see how things played out after he revealed himself and it ended up on the front page of the Daily Planet. I remember asking myself "so now what is the point of the secret identity and the glasses?"-All things that were taken care of with the use of the Legion ring.

I am just ready to see Lois and Clark get together. She brings so much to the story and I think the acting of Erica Durance has alot to do with that. I really like her style and the way she carries herself as the character. Also the way Clark carries himself is better when he and Lois have a high level of interaction.

Droid
03-13-2009, 03:27 PM
If they would just have him put the suit on and be Superman next season I think they could continue the show for a few more years. If they keep having him in the same holding pattern they should have ended it this year.

I thought the best part of the episode was having him on the phone with Martha. I thought, "Boy, having concealed that you were raising an alien on your farm would sure be a problem for a Senator." and then they addressed it, rare for Smallville.

They really need to have Martha back once in a while. I bet Annette O'Toole would go for it. I think it is just laziness on their parts. I really thought Clark's parents added so much to the show.

Tycho
03-13-2009, 05:32 PM
I agree with Droid about Martha Kent. I missed some episodes, so I didn't know about Lana having a non-removeable super-suit. Bad idea if you ask me (Kristin in any kind of non-removeable clothes).

JediTricks
03-13-2009, 06:37 PM
I thought this was a weak episode with a few decent performances strewn about. First off, from the second Clark told Lois about his powers, I knew they were gonna use the Legion ring to reboot this storyline so I didn't care at all about it.

Second, how is anybody going to merely take Linda Lake's word at ANYTHING?!? And the world goes totally apespit insane over it?

Third, why did we need Linda Lake back at all? She sucks.

Fourth, man does the transformation to Doomsday look TV-cheesy.

Fifth, really, another "I must protect the ones I love by not telling them my secret"? That is some stale sauce, boyo!

Sixth, really Clark, you can't just whisk your loved ones off to your arctic fortress to have a conversation, listen to important things, think over your plan of response, and then use the ring? That is super stupid!

It was funny, I don't really like Lois or Erica Durance all that much still, but the characterization change they had her go through when she got let in on the secret, they changed her bad attitude, she carried herself differently, she even had different hair & makeup slightly, and it worked REALLY well. So this was a strong Lois episode except for the very beginning and end. Clark was very mixed, but at times I thought Tom did a good job with the material and raised it beyond the meager Smallville soap opera. I wish they'd keep it at that level, heightened drama and characters who aren't merely stupid kids in their attitudes and behavior.

JediTricks
03-16-2009, 03:01 PM
According to Entertainment Weekly, one of the characters to die will be a guy, so Chloe & Tess both dying is not on the table. If it follows through with the Doomsday plotline, it could be Doomsday & Clark (except that nobody is going to mourn the "death" of the "Red-blue blur"), Doomsday & Tess (yay), or Doomsday & Davis Bloome (cheat!). The rest of the male cast is indispensable, although they may rip us off and kill Clark as the season cliffhanger only to resurrect him later.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-17-2009, 06:59 AM
According to Entertainment Weekly, one of the characters to die will be a guy, so Chloe & Tess both dying is not on the table. If it follows through with the Doomsday plotline, it could be Doomsday & Clark (except that nobody is going to mourn the "death" of the "Red-blue blur"), Doomsday & Tess (yay), or Doomsday & Davis Bloome (cheat!). The rest of the male cast is indispensable, although they may rip us off and kill Clark as the season cliffhanger only to resurrect him later.

Clark's going to be killed by Doomsday and Chloe's going to die healing him. Easiest explanation for two verteran characters being killed.

JediTricks
03-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Clark's going to be killed by Doomsday and Chloe's going to die healing him. Easiest explanation for two verteran characters being killed.
Dang, that's a likely prospect!

Droid
03-17-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't think Chloe can heal anyone anymore. Didn't Jor-El "cure" her?

JetsAndHeels
03-19-2009, 10:16 AM
The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 16th episode of Season 8 of "Smallville". Titled "Turbulence", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Thursday, March 19th on The CW.

TESS SETS A TRAP FOR CLARK - Tess (Cassidy Freeman) invites Clark (Tom Welling) to a press conference in New York but when an explosion rocks the private jet they are on, Clark must figure out how to save them without Tess learning his secret. Unbeknownst to Clark, Tess orchestrated the explosion to get Clark to reveal his powers. Meanwhile, Davis (Sam Witwer) discovers a surprising way to control the monster within.
Kevin Fair directed the episode written by Turi Meyer & Al Septien.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-19-2009, 02:43 PM
I don't think Chloe can heal anyone anymore. Didn't Jor-El "cure" her?

Chloe couldn't heal because she was inhabited by Brainiac, but trust me she'll use it when the time comes.

pbarnard
03-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Chloe couldn't heal because she was inhabited by Brainiac, but trust me she'll use it when the time comes.

If anyone bothers to remember she could do it in the past...course, to their credit, recent track record has improved in this department.

figrin bran
03-20-2009, 01:24 AM
Lana's starting to look downright angelic next to Chloe.

They've assassinated her (Chloe's) character so much that they may as well kill her off in the finale.

Tycho
03-20-2009, 01:08 PM
I missed the airplane show last night - slept through it. I haven't the desire (yet anyway) to find it online and catch up.

I'm going to buy the season 8 DVDs anyway.

darth_robb
03-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Not the greatest episode. I really liked the one the previous week with Clark revealing his secret to the world. The show has really been hit and miss lately. Don't know what more there is for Clark to do without actually becoming Superman.

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't think Chloe can heal anyone anymore. Didn't Jor-El "cure" her?You clearly have more faith in the writers to remember that stuff than deserved. :p

So, this episode was a bit of a mess all the way around, Jimmy catching Davis in an empty hospital while he's killing a guy? Chloe not believing Jimmy and tasering him? Jimmy taking down Davis with a pipe? Anybody believing Clark's "I found a parachute!" story? Tess doing anything it takes to expose Clark's secret, including wasting her own life if need be? Clark bothering to change clothes into stuff he's well-known for? (I know it's for the colors, but that's silly.)

JetsAndHeels
03-24-2009, 05:25 PM
The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 17th episode of Season 8 of "Smallville". Titled "Hex", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Thursday, March 26th on The CW.

"At Chloe's (Allison Mack) birthday party, a mysterious magician named Zatanna (guest star Serinda Swan) grants Chloe's wish to be more like Lois (Erica Durance) and switches the two into each other's bodies. Zatanna searches for her father's book of spells so she can conjure up his spirit but not before also granting Clark (Tom Welling) his deepest wish."
"Hex" was written by Bryan Q. Miller and was directed by Mairzee Almas.

Tycho
03-25-2009, 02:36 AM
What is Clark's deepest wish? To be normal and married to Lana?

Or to have his father back? (Jonathon Kent) Or to get to say "goodbye" to him?

JediTricks
03-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Is there a way someone can build a time machine and send me to the future to find out if anything good comes of watching this show from here on in? I mean, I know I could pull a Tycho and go into a coma for a while, but it's such a hassle afterwards.

Tycho
03-25-2009, 02:43 AM
Oh, I purposely had my brain aneurysm over the summer so I wouldn't miss any episodes of Smallville.

JediTricks
03-25-2009, 03:04 AM
Huh, I thought you had it from watching Smallville. ;)

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2009, 12:00 PM
What is Clark's deepest wish?

To be in "Cheaper by the Dozen 3", or in "The Fog 2."

Jedi_Kal-El
03-26-2009, 06:47 AM
To be in "Cheaper by the Dozen 3", or in "The Fog 2."

Idk Jets, those sound like straight to DVD releases to me.

JetsAndHeels
03-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Idk Jets, those sound like straight to DVD releases to me.

The Cheaper by the Dozen flicks had a few funny moments.
The Fog, on the other hand, was pure garbage.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-26-2009, 07:10 PM
The Cheaper by the Dozen flicks had a few funny moments.
The Fog, on the other hand, was pure garbage.

I agree with you there Jets. Seen them all and don't care for The Fog.

JediTricks
03-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Wow, that was an utter mess. Nothing earned from any character, nothing believable from Erica Durance as Chloe, and Zatanna the Stripper was incredibly hollow and off-base. It was great to see Clark leap a tall building in a single bound, but ultimately this episode was too sloppily written. And why go for a comedic take on the material? Not only was it not effective comedy, but it totally lacked the actual dramatic material behind the base concepts.

Tycho
03-28-2009, 12:45 AM
I thought the episode entertained. I liked The Green Arrow's part. And Erica Durance wearing the Chloe wardrobe with the clip in the hair was a nice touch.

figrin bran
03-28-2009, 01:08 AM
So one week, Chloe is doing her best Lana impersonation and being willfully stubborn and downright mean, irrational and selfish. This week, she is in "count me in, General" mode in accepting the Watchtower post.

JetsAndHeels
03-29-2009, 02:21 PM
So one week, Chloe is doing her best Lana impersonation and being willfully stubborn and downright mean, irrational and selfish. This week, she is in "count me in, General" mode in accepting the Watchtower post.

Chloe will not be around much longer.

Droid
03-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Chloe will not be around much longer.

You think maybe her body will die and she'll live on inside a computer as Watchtower? Stupid, but I could see it.

JetsAndHeels
03-29-2009, 02:38 PM
You think maybe her body will die and she'll live on inside a computer as Watchtower? Stupid, but I could see it.

It could happen. I would not put it past the writers at this point.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-30-2009, 06:48 AM

I was thinking the same thing Droid, and I agree with Jets. That screams of what the writers might do.

JetsAndHeels
04-01-2009, 07:59 PM
The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 18th episode of Season 8 of "Smallville". Titled "Eternal", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Thursday, April 2nd on The CW.

"Tess (Cassidy Freeman) tries to kill Davis (Sam Witwer) by blowing up his truck. However, after he escapes, she realizes she needs help to destroy him and turns to Clark (Tom Welling). Tess reveals Davis' secret childhood with the Luthors and hints that she knows Clark's true identity. Meanwhile, Davis runs to Chloe (Allison Mack) for help."

"Eternal" was written by Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders and was directed by James Marshall.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Way too much retcon going on in that episode. It's almost like they're running out of ideas. No it's exactly like that, and I don't care for the Doomsday origin that him and Clark are suppose to be "brothers" or the fact that they changed the whole dynamic of the caves being about Clark vs Lex.

There were episodes with Lana in them this season that I enjoyed better, and I've never cared for Lana.

JediTricks
04-06-2009, 01:27 AM
That ep was mixed, but ultimately it was a bit of a snore when I looked back on it. The big reveal fell flat, there was no action, and the endgame turned out to do nothing. Plus, Chloe continues to be a total jerk about Jimmy.

JetsAndHeels
04-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Last month, EW's "Ausiello's Files" gave a clue as to the character death from the season 8 finale of Smallville.

At that point in time, in regards to who the long-time character might be, Ausiello gave the clue:

Ausiello: The **r*** ***** ** *** *****.

Now, he's updated it, filling in more blanks:

Ausiello: The *er**n d***g ** n** C***e.

So apparently the person dying is not Chloe. Let the speculation continue.

JediTricks
04-07-2009, 07:40 PM
That leaves Clark, which with this Doomsday stuff, is no surprise at all. Nobody else is left.

Droid
04-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Just got around to watching last week's episode. It was so painful.

Where did Tess get that book? I don't remember any book.

Watching clips from the first episode made me think how much I'd rather rewatch the first episode than that one.

I do think it was neat if they are giving Davis this bogus backstory that they edited it into the first episode. I wish they would have brought the actor who plays Lionel back for some new scenes.

So Lionel drew sketches of the crash site when he wasn't there?

"There is another" was a bit Empire Strikes Back for me.

So Chloe and Davis are having dinner now?

Does Clark ever knock at Chloe's?

I just hate the way they write Chloe lately.

I think Clark is being a bit of a jerk to Chloe and not very supportive about Jimmy.

All this retconning on the caves and the brothers killing each other sucks.
Though the caves and the Indian lore sucked to begin with!

So Lionel's men stormed the crash site and missed the ship? Suuuure.

And Lionel just kept Davis at the house?

And was the house in Smallville during that time? Didn't Lionel move it to Smallville when the show started or some insane thing?

And Lionel had no guards on the "Traveler"?

No, Clark doesn't have memories of the ship crash.

I couldn't believe the overt Jesus references. Superman: the Movie got into trouble for some of the religious allegory. They out and out compared Superman to Jesus!

I don't think the Kryptonite chamber sprayed Kryptonite. I think the bars just radiated Kryptonite.

Totally saw it coming that it made Davis stronger, but I couldn't believe that Kryptonite hurt him at all.

Doomsday should not be a back story and should not be Kryptonian. He should just be a monster without origin that can't be stopped.

Clark didn't use to dream about believing left in the field as a little kid; he found out he was an alien in the first episode.

Clark can move faster than the speed of sound. He started to run towards Chloe to stop her from pulling the lever at human speed. He could have stopped her. That was edited terribly.

They should totally have had the last shot of the episdoe be Doomsday banging on the lid of Davis' coffin as an homage to the comics. Not that he wouldn't bust through on the first punch.

So Davis and Chloe will just be in the cellar until the season finale when inevitably Doomsday and Clark kill each other?

And what did Tess have in the box. I don't remember what that did. Wasn't it some device Lex found in a clock that led to a map to the Fortress or something?

Droid
04-10-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't know why I care anymore, but all of that Judas talk from Tess has me concerned.

Since Smallville premiered everyone has said that there was never a Chloe in Superman so something has to happen to Chloe. In the Legion episode this year they said there is no record of a Chloe.

So Tess kept carrying on about Judas. Does anyone think that means that Chloe will betray Clark? Maybe choose Davis? Maybe try to help Doomsday or do something that causes Clark's death? Will Chloe's time with Davis in the basement cause her to choose him?

So Chloe betrays Clark causing Clark to go to Tess for help as Tess predicted?

I don't know. I just hope they don't turn Chloe evil or something or ruin her friendship with Clark. Prior to this horrible Doomsday storyline I thought the Chloe character and her friendship with Clark was the best thing the show had created that was new to the Superman story.

It's dumb how last week Chloe is Watchtower and this week she's just a total mess.

And we all know that Doomsday and Clark will likely kill each other in the season finale because the one thing everyone knows about Doomsday is that he killed Superman. So how stupid is it that this will be to my counting the 3rd time Clark has pretty much "died". He died that time where he was in the hospital, everyone knew he died and walked out of the hospital and then forgot about it. (I think he went to go stop a rocket.) Then he "died" when Martian Manhunter had to fly him into the sun. So what will be so special this time?

Tycho
04-11-2009, 01:19 AM
So what will be so special this time?

It will be the first time it is for the third time! :D

I didn't even watch the show. I have seasons 1-7 on DVD so I will be buying season 8, but really...

[EDIT] - come to think of it, I like watching it all back-to-back.

JediTricks
04-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Tess got the book from Lex's warehouse of personal effects. She got Green Arrow to steal it for her.

What I love is Clark doesn't knock, yet he's always taken by surprise as to what's going on inside despite having super-hearing and x-ray vision.

Tycho
04-17-2009, 06:33 PM
I liked the show I saw last night. Lex got "the toy guy" to blow up his board room when Oliver Queen stepped in there.

I wonder if they found that toy guy outside of a Target or Wal-Mart one morning?

I don't like Lana wearing her hair like a more mature woman now. The high school girl look is the best on her. That always makes me want to crank up some "Winger" on iTunes.

Droid
04-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Tess got the book from Lex's warehouse of personal effects. She got Green Arrow to steal it for her.

Sure, but I don't remember Lionel keeping any sort of book when he was alive. I hate this retcon stuff.

Devo
04-18-2009, 01:11 AM
They still make this show? I stopped watching at about season 5. Much as I liked Erica durance even she and her bosom weren't compensation enough for the tedium and cheesiness of just about everything else.

Tycho
04-18-2009, 02:04 AM
It's getting a 9th season. This one isn't even the last.

And Sarah Connor Chronicles is stongly rumored to be terminated! :upset:

CW and Fox both don't know what they're doing, apparently.

But I suppose if we saw the advertising revenue or ratings or something, that might indicate something else.

However, Terminator should have never been put on Friday nights. I think the show might even do better on Sunday nights, but Tu, We, or Th are all exceptable if their Monday line-up has other priorities. :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
04-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Lex got "the toy guy" to blow up his board room when Oliver Queen stepped in there.

That is Winslow Schott, aka Toyman.

Tycho
04-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Is that a real Superman character or was it something the writers invented to take a poke at all of us 30-somethings with action figures?

JetsAndHeels
04-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Is that a real Superman character or was it something the writers invented to take a poke at all of us 30-somethings with action figures?

Toyman is a real character in the comics.

Take a look:

http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Toyman

JediTricks
04-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Sure, but I don't remember Lionel keeping any sort of book when he was alive. I hate this retcon stuff.That's what this season is all about.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-21-2009, 09:15 PM
That's what this season is all about.

That's no joke. I liked the idea of Doomsday, but I don't care for the Retcon they've done on the origin story.

Tycho
04-22-2009, 02:41 AM
What is Doomsday supposed to be?

An immortal, genetically engineered mutant killing machine?

And since he can't be stopped, he can only be weakened and imprisoned?

Then it would suck to be Doomsday. If he "won," then he'd have nothing to do either because he'd have killed everyone, right?

Then by default, Doomsday is insane.

So if the "retconned" (not sure what the term is or how it's correctly used) the character of Doomsday and invented Davis for Smallville, then I like Davis. His creation brings more to the character - like a real character that you can marginally relate to (his love for Chloe for example). And I prefer Smallville - by concept. Execution is often an entirely different matter.

Jedi_Kal-El
04-22-2009, 07:06 AM
Retcon means they take something that was already established cannon within the show and chage it to suit the current story. That's what they're doing with Doomsday/Davis on the show. Here's a bit of info on Doomsay for you Tycho.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_(comics)

JetsAndHeels
04-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Ugh, this sounds bad. Hopefully I am wrong.

The CW has released the official (spoiler-filled) description of the upcoming 19th episode of Season 8 of "Smallville". Titled "Stiletto", this episode is scheduled to air in the U.S. at 8.00pm on Thursday, April 23rd on The CW.

LOIS LANE IS A SUPERHERO - Lois (Erica Durance) believes that she needs a big story to secure her reputation as a star reporter but the red/blue blur continues to elude her. However, after Chloe (Allison Mack) is mugged, Lois steps in to fend off one of the attackers and uses the opportunity to pretend a new superhero, Stiletto, has come to town and is giving exclusives to Lois. Clark (Tom Welling) is concerned Lois will hurt herself pretending to be a superhero but after he is captured by thugs with kryptonite, Lois steps in to save the day.
Kevin Fair directed the episode written by Caroline Dries.

pbarnard
04-23-2009, 08:48 AM
Ugh, this sounds bad. Hopefully I am wrong.

Something about hoping one hand, something else in the other...:thumbsup:

At least they didn't go blue or black or purple spotted kryptonite like previous incarnations when they've made Lois the superhero.

Tycho
04-24-2009, 04:09 PM
That sounded like a fun plot actually. I'm not sorry one bit that I was out partying with Queensryche instead of home watching it, but I'll get the DVD for Season 8 eventually.

pbarnard
04-24-2009, 04:35 PM
As recycled as the plot is, they actually pulled it off. Plus, if they have more than 3 seconds of memory, the writers can use this to go to a more serious reporter Lois than in the past. The only thing that really didn't work was Davis is the Monster in the Basement thing.

JediTricks
04-28-2009, 06:46 PM
I didn't care for the Stiletto episode, a lot of characters make some pretty stupid choices - Chloe not having a built-in failsafe on her laptop is especially stupid. But Lois' "I'll become a superhero!" bit seemed especially out of character and had no real payoff (except she kicked a guy so hard it seemed like she'd have to be a superhero). First they went cutesy, then halfway through stuff got so serious it was painful, and finally it got sentimental.