PDA

View Full Version : More New Figures for 2008! (what Comic Con will show)

Tycho
07-10-2008, 10:55 AM
(Spoiler for Comic Con) These figures WILL be shown at Comic Con and will come out by the end of 2008 - some maybe hitting as early as Sept.

Wioslea
Brainiac
Trinto Duaba
Dice Ebegon (pack-in w. Trinto)
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Jawa with WED-15 Droid

Luke Stormtrooper
Han Stormtrooper
Space Trooper

Princess Leia (likely Medical Frigate)
Luke Skywalker Medical Frigate
Ugnaught 2-pack
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Captain Needa

Yaddle & Even Piel Jedi Master 2-pack
Coruscant LND (it's supposedly a trooper - Yoda's gray guys from ROTS?)

Count Dooku
General Grievous (new size?)
Bail Organa
Breah Organa
Cmdr Gree (likely repack)
Kashyyyk Trooper (likely repack)
Clone Cmdr Faie (I think he's the Shocktrooper leader)
FX-6
Fallucia Clone
Salucamei Clone
Stass Allie

Darth Vader Battle Front II
Imperial Engineer Battle Front II
Jodo Kast
Vader Force Unleashed (repack)

Anyway, these are confirmed. You'll just have to trust me on this.

The ANH, ESB, and ROTS offerings look incredible. We've already got photos of the ROTJ stuff from Toy Fair. (Bane, Yarna, etc.)

Enjoy!

Jargo
07-10-2008, 02:27 PM
wow. two trinto duaba's in the same wave. that's brave.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Almost all of these figures were on rumor lists . . . where did you get "confirmation?"

Tycho
07-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Almost all of these figures were on rumor lists . . . where did you get "confirmation?"

Everyone wants to ask me this in one of the threads or another. I'm never going to post that. I can't. Since it's the 3rd time I've been asked, with no hurt meant to be sent JabbaJohnL's way, I'm just not going to volunteer to do this in the future (probably). I'm not a regular toy reporter. Comic Con might establish my credability or wreck my source's, but I don't think so. I think we're right on the mark here.

Just from what I've recently learned about the toy industry, I'd cite these as actual confirmations versus rumors. They're not "rumors" and all should be proven in a couple of weeks. But I'm not actually enjoying being the barer of the news.

Yeah, I was trying to organize the figure lists into groups by movie and I put Trinto Duaba twice. I am correcting that now, so Jargo's post may seem irrelevant. Dice Ebegon is the pack-in with Trinto Duaba. That's how it should have read.

El Chuxter
07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
I don't think anyone was trying to argue your credibility. It's just that you normally don't post threads like this, and you've started several today that say these items are confirmed.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I just figured it was posted on a SW fan site I hadn't heard about or something. Since nothing is truly confirmed until Hasbro shows or mentions it, as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for listing it, though!

obi-dad
07-10-2008, 03:43 PM
wow. two trinto duaba's in the same wave. that's brave.

Well, when you gotta figure in as high demand as trinto, once Hasbro made they mold, they had to get multiples out there. Besides, who can forget all the is his cloak blue/brown debates over the last 30 years??? Attached are two pictures from the Cantina scene... who's to say which one is accurate?? :D

Tycho
07-10-2008, 08:59 PM
LOL Obi-Dad. One should come with The Lost Ark of the Covenant.

As to Chuxter's comment - it is very accurate. I don't normally do threads like this - but then I don't normally have access to all this kind of information. It happened and I knew it'd be appreciated if I didn't just keep it to myself.

I also heard that a limited number of SSGrs actually like Star Wars toys. ;)

master J
07-10-2008, 09:57 PM
MAN, 2008 just keeps getting more and more pricey!!! Good thing im a millionaire! :thumbsup:
Thanks for all the info Tycho, looking forward to comic con. Such a bummer that i no longer live in SD, wouldve been great to see in person!

By chance, did your source mention anything for the Indiana Jones line? Excited to hear whats coming for that line as well.

Tycho
07-11-2008, 04:49 AM
By chance, did your source mention anything for the Indiana Jones line? Excited to hear whats coming for that line as well.

No. It never came up. I assume the Temple of Doom and Last Crusade figures will start showing up in stores though. I was in TRU today and the IJ section is so small I was shocked after the big swath of shelf-space it was given before. Batman has definitely taken over!

Jargo
07-11-2008, 05:09 AM
kids are so fickle. tsk!

when is comic con btw?

jedi master sal
07-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Well it WAS BLUE!!!

DarkJedi5
07-11-2008, 08:37 AM
when is comic con btw?

Right during midnight madness; July 24th - 27th.

Jargo
07-11-2008, 09:57 AM
cool. I shall be downloading pics like billy-o.

and is it just me or does that pic of trinto make him look like mother theresa?

jedi master sal
07-11-2008, 11:24 AM
cool. I shall be downloading pics like billy-o.

and is it just me or does that pic of trinto make him look like mother theresa?

Gawd I was going to say the same thing, but thought it in bad taste...but now that you mention it Jargo, yes indeed it does.

Hey, she needed to raise money for the church somehow, right?

I'm going to hell for that...

obi-dad
07-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Well it WAS BLUE!!!

Nice job jms! I was stuck at work with only Paint... no photoshop. But, I couldn't wait. So, I spent my last 10 minutes doing a hatchet job to quickly get it out there. Actually, I think mine was the 3rd varient... the soon to be anounced Holo Trinto, which wasn't seen on screen, but in various pictures of the deleted scenes... when Luke & Han raised Trinto on the holonet trying to get him to rescue them as they first became aware of the Death Star's tractor beam. When Alec Guiness asked for Obi-Wan to be killed, they decided to go with the whole final duel with Vader story arc.

Jargo
07-11-2008, 01:43 PM
well if it isn't mother theresa then it's trans/intersexual Trinto. anyway. nuff said on that.

aside from mr. and mrs. Organa and Cpn. Needa, i'm only gonna get the tatooine wave.

I'll have to construct an Alderaan diorama with the Organas huddled together as the planet explodes around them. light it with green LED's from above and lots of white ones from the sides. have the room they're in breaking up and shards of glass and plastisteel splinters flying around

magma from the planet core spurting up outside and coz i like the idea bits of Shaak and Thranta raining down.

perhaps have Capn Antilles reaching out as he's blasted away. and in the sky the dark silhouette of the deathstar with that lovely green beam formation over the superlaser.

wonder if the figures would melt in an oozy way like wax. if they could be made to ooze upwards by melting thenm from the head first it might look kinda cool. like their bodies are being ripped apart in that immense explosive moment.

JetsAndHeels
07-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Jodo Kast

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

I'll definately pick that one up.

jedi master sal
07-11-2008, 02:03 PM
Well that's demented...

Not that these are new, but Wave 2 Legacy WILL be out 7/26.

I have a friend in VA who was in WM, had them in his cart, went to the register and then couldn't buy them...

WM is a giant tease.

JetsAndHeels
07-11-2008, 02:06 PM
I have a friend in VA who was in WM, had them in his cart, went to the register and then couldn't buy them...

That has happened to me several times. Not only on Star Wars toys, but the Indiana Jones toys as well.

Very frustrating.

Tycho
07-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I just wanted to suggest that Jargo add baby-Superman's escape ship to his diorama.

Adam
07-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Well that's demented...

Not that these are new, but Wave 2 Legacy WILL be out 7/26.

WM is a giant tease.

Someone from my area on another message board found the Scuba and Quad Gunner at Wal-Mart and like wise could not buy them.

Jargo
07-12-2008, 06:39 AM
I just wanted to suggest that Jargo add baby-Superman's escape ship to his diorama.
I'd love some decent Superman the movie Kryptonian elders especially Jor El and Lara in 3 3/4 scale. when i was a kid i quite often made lego depictions of scenes from the movie.

Getting back to the thread subject I wonder if Queen Breha will come with baby Leia? :Ponder:

DarkArtist
07-12-2008, 07:33 AM
nice list. looking forward to seeing these guys. will pass on the repacks though, except for the clones (really really really want more of the Clone Engineer from the Battlefront II pack. would also love it if they re-released the Jetpack Trooper from Battlefront as well)

Tycho
07-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Getting back to the thread subject I wonder if Queen Breha will come with baby Leia? :Ponder:

That's how the 2005 Wal-Mart Exclusive Separation of the Twins could have come in the first place.

I'm now learning to understand that they generally will not mold anything that they have to sell in limited markets (exclusives). But then look at the hyperspace ring on Obi-Wan's AOTC Starfighter (TRU EXCLUSIVE). That couldn't have been cheap. But I guess if they use a redundant part twice (to form the complete circle) it's cheaper than the 5 of more (at minimum) pieces they'd need to make even a salt-shaker figure of Breah or Beru (who'd come with Luke of course).

But actually, Leia still could have been packed with Bail, but him in the correct outfit for that scene in the palace in Alderra. (anyone now want a good "map" of Alderaan? I still think some EU reference book needs to do that one well).

Obi-Wan with Luke was probably a good idea. (If a new Beru figure would cost them THAT much for an exclusive).

But the thing is, that Beru could have been re-used for a Battle Pack or a carded figure later and just debuted as the Wal-Mart exclusive.

Oh well - water under the bridge now. The smart thing to do would be to get the Eopie with Obi-Wan out there, with the Lars family, in a battle pack set of some kind (with a moisture vaporator).

Almost seems like a waste of time talking about this. Darrel and Brian, et all are smart enough to list this when brain-storming. They're big enough fans, too. It must not pencil out in accordance to corporate strategy or they'd have done it by now (is my guess).

Jargo
07-12-2008, 10:39 AM
the way I see it it's a hard sell figure coz it's a character most would pass on plus it's a female character that isn't semi clad. so therefore adding in the already existing baby Leia as an accessory sweetens the deal in a small way. I would have packed Bail and Breha together with baby Leia. I think more units would have sold that way. as a seperate figure release I think I'd do Breha on the minimum production run number possible. the Sio Bibble rarity approach.

Tycho
07-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Thus far I'm disappointed with what we've been shown for the basic figures because some of the rumors I was told are confirmed figures (I still believe they are) have not been shown (YET).

I wonder if

1) Hasbro will bring them out later in the show (in their display cases).

or

2) Hasbro will only show them in production pictures during their slide show presentation on Friday.

I really want to see Wioslea and the cantina aliens.

But we've seen Breah (and a new Bail) Organa now. It doesn't appear that they come with baby Leia, but we don't know for sure. Gee, you'd think Leia would be a natural "accessory" and they already have her sculpted.

pegger
07-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Hey Tycho - your source came through. I'm actually really looking forward to January (more so than most of the waves this year!)

Adam
07-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Apparently your source was correct with the exception of the ESB wave which isn't in the slide show.

Droid
07-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Yes, everything Tycho predicted was shown except for the Empire wave.

I am really thrilled about the Tatooine A New Hope figures for next year: the WED droid, Brainiac, Wioslea, Trinto, and Dice!

So for with the convention it seems the Sarlaac was a surprise, the Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack, and hey Tycho, they're releasing Keoolkeech! I never thought that one off of your Top 50 list would get made!

Droid
07-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Will buy: WED Droid, Brainiac, Wioslea, Trinto/Dice, Ewok comic pack, Scramble on Yavin Battle Pack, Lars Homestead, Galactic Heroes Dewback, Galactic Heroes Rancor.

Probably buy: new Rancor, Sarlaac, Generator Battle Pack, ANH Obi-wan, ANH Spacetrooper

Adam
07-25-2008, 04:47 PM
I guess whatever they had planned for Wedge way back when they answered my question in the Q&A fell through.. sooo many Rebel pilots and no Wedge!

I'm pretty underwhelmed with Hasbro's slideshow, they only things that I will get for sure are the Luke/Han Troopers, the Obi-Wan, Space Trooper and the Yavin and Endor Bunker Battlepacks.

Banthaholic
07-25-2008, 05:02 PM
That Yavin pack is kick tale. The Rebel-ride is something alot of us wanted for awhile with little hope of getting. Now we do and with the much requested Rebel Leader, his droid, and to top it off a Crew member. Now this is a pack worth getting!

The ANH wave is awesome!

3 new ewoks, oh my!

obi-dad
07-25-2008, 05:39 PM
That Yavin pack is kick tale. The Rebel-ride is something alot of us wanted for awhile with little hope of getting. Now we do and with the much requested Rebel Leader, his droid, and to top it off a Crew member. Now this is a pack worth getting!

The ANH wave is awesome!

3 new ewoks, oh my!

gotta agree 100% on the Yavin pack. I'll probably buy two. Very dissappointed after seeing the pics for the ANH wave and then the Hasbro Q&A stated Obi wouldn't be coming with the table nor would Brainiac. My guess/hope is that since they are finally making playsets after denying it for so long, that they will be making Obi-Wan's hovel and at least part of the Cantina, so both tables will eventually come out.

About the 3 new ewoks... did it have to be in a comic pack? Did you see those crazy colors? I'm all for buying every ewok I find, but not that set.

pegger
07-25-2008, 06:18 PM
R5-A2 and R5-K6?

Next year will be awesome just for those 2 droids.

Tycho
07-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Yes: Keolkeech (Ewok) needs a realisitc paint application and the correct head-mask thing.

The fact that they did a sculpt gives me great hope though. All I want is a repaint.

The Scramble at Yavin with Red Leader and his droid looks incredible! That is an awesome set! I predicted they'd make a transport. That's a smaller one though (for Han Solo's reward it would seem) and not the larger version that carries seated pilots to their starfighters. But hey: we want both I'm sure!

obi-dad
08-02-2008, 07:47 AM
Looking back at it (and I'm not looking at pics from the show now), I gotta say I'm dissappointed with what Hasbro actually showed. I mean, it was cool to see the Sarlac Pit & Lars Homestead (despite how one might actually feel about the sets), the Endor bunker set, and I'm running out of things they actually showed (minus clone wars since I have no interest there and minus the slide show)... which brings me to my point. Unfortunately, I have to rely on my faulty memory here, though - Most of the actual Legacy wave figures shown were the same figs they showed at the previous show (can't remember the name of it, but the one where Yarna & the ewoks were first shown). Now, we already new about the ANH wave (which was confirmed by Tycho and the UK Amazon site) and I don't remember how much confirmation we had about the ESB wave (but heavily rumored by multiple sources), SO, why didn't Hasbro minimally have the ANH wave figures (& Yavin battle pack)out at the show since they were obviously far enough along in development to show and at least show the ESB wave instead in the slide show? What are they waiting for? How many new figs did we actually see for the first time at the show (again, not counting the slide show?) How long ago did Hasbro first show us the Yarna wave? I mean, it actually hit at the stores while the show was going on! I don't know... I just think they could have shown us a little more. At first I was excited to see the Sarlac & Homestead and the new stuff in the slide show, but now the dio pieces lost a lot of their excitement as I realize how expensive they are and part of that expense is due to repacks of POTF2 figures (or others in the Sarlac) and the skiff that I already have and wondering why we couldn't see the actual ANH wave displayed and replace it with the ESB wave in the slide show. :upset: