PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Figures Found Today!

Thunderbird
07-10-2008, 06:03 PM
I found these a little early I guess. I had two full sets and two sets of the Legacy Collection this morning. They wouldn't ring up of course, the toy manager was told she could put them out.

I had to leave to go to work but my HW buddy was going to stick around to pick them up for me if they got it figured out. So hopefully he was able to get them for me, I'll know tomorrow.

The cool thing was most of the one I had were First Day Issue. There was also a cart full of Lightsabers in Clone Wars packaging.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-10-2008, 06:13 PM
I found these a little early I guess. I had two full sets and two sets of the Legacy Collection this morning. They wouldn't ring up of course, the toy manager was told she could put them out.

I had to leave to go to work but my HW buddy was going to stick around to pick them up for me if they got it figured out. So hopefully he was able to get them for me, I'll know tomorrow.

The cool thing was most of the one I had were First Day Issue. There was also a cart full of Lightsabers in Clone Wars packaging.

Your buddy won't be able to snag them; they're date protected on the registers and that won't lift for another few weeks.

I've seen them on skids over the past few nights though; very exciting! :thumbsup:

Maradona
07-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Your buddy won't be able to snag them; they're date protected on the registers and that won't lift for another few weeks.

I've seen them on skids over the past few nights though; very exciting! :thumbsup:

There's a dishonest way around that. Take a regular TAC figure and scan that one. Earlier this year, when the first 08 wave came out and wouldn't ring up, the cashier at a local WM did that and I was able to get the figures I wanted. She scanned the same older figure about 10 times and bagged the others. This completely screws up their inventory counts, but I didn't say anything since I wanted the figures. In theory, this should work on the CW and Legacy figures.

Thunderbird
07-10-2008, 08:49 PM

I guess I'll see tomorrow. I've been very lucky at this store in the past on other figures that had a release date. Plus they had a whole end cap already set up, I know the toy manger and if she had to take it down she's going to be realy mad.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-10-2008, 11:25 PM
There's a dishonest way around that. Take a regular TAC figure and scan that one. Earlier this year, when the first 08 wave came out and wouldn't ring up, the cashier at a local WM did that and I was able to get the figures I wanted. She scanned the same older figure about 10 times and bagged the others. This completely screws up their inventory counts, but I didn't say anything since I wanted the figures. In theory, this should work on the CW and Legacy figures.

But then you do realize that if you mess up inventory counts, it will only take them LONGER to get in new figures, right? Just be patient and wait like everybody else and these figures will be EVERYWHERE.

Maradona
07-11-2008, 01:59 AM
But then you do realize that if you mess up inventory counts, it will only take them LONGER to get in new figures, right? Just be patient and wait like everybody else and these figures will be EVERYWHERE.

I didn't advocate this method, I merely explained that it exists based on an experience I had earlier this year where figures without a specific release date on the pegs were sold to me. The cashier herself did it and the lone figure she rang up so many times was a McQ Rebel Trooper. From what I understand about inventory methods, and my knowledge in this area is admittedly lacking, when a figure from an assortment rings up as sold, the computer system ringing it up automatically generates or at least initiates a reorder for that assortment. Given that the figure in question was so sought after, having the computer order more of its assortment seemed beneficial.

jedi master sal
07-11-2008, 08:35 AM
This kind of stuff happens all the time.

About a month ago I was trying to buy a Transformer. (The black and green airplane-forget it's name right now). Well when I took it to the register, they wouldn't allow me to buy it stating it was "recalled." I tried explaining it was for ME so no kid would get their hands on it for them to worry about it. No go....

SO... I waited a couple of minutes by the front entrance, went back into the store, grab another of the same transformer (since they obviously weren't going to pull the others off the pegs-which they should have if it was recalled) as well as another transformer of the same price. I scanned the OTHER transformer but bagged the one I wanted. Problem solved for me.

Turns out though that it was a glitch in their system as not only have I found this at Target and TRU as well, but have seen that very same TF at other WM's and they been bought successfully.

Call me rebellious, but I wanted that ship, no excuses...heh heh

Thunderbird
07-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Update: Didn't get 'em, Oh well. I actually feel bad for the toy manager, after putting up 200 figures plus she had to take them down. She did tell me how much stuff she has in back:shocked:

Thunderbird
07-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Well I managed to get a some of these today. Basicly one case 2 Anakins, 2 Obi-Wans 2 R2-D2 2 Clones, 1 Battle Driod, 1 Grevious, 1 Rex, and 1 Yoda.

A friend of mine said they were kept putting them out all week but wouldn't sell them. I just went to the electronics department and played dumb. I don't know how the cashier did it, but some how she got them to scan. I hope tomorrow I can get the rest of my second set to open.

RooJay
07-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Hee-hee! Look what I found this weekend! Didn't have enough money to buy legs for those droids, but they did have all the pieces in stock.

El Chuxter
07-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Dude, those droids without legs look kinda obscene for some reason.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Update: Didn't get 'em, Oh well. I actually feel bad for the toy manager, after putting up 200 figures plus she had to take them down. She did tell me how much stuff she has in back:shocked:

Yeah, when I got mine on Saturday, there was an old guy at Target putting the figures up. He was looking closely at the codes on the package and on the peg to make sure he got them in the right spot. I waited until he was done and took one each of Wave 1, but passed on the CW figs for now. I went back today. I saw the same guy in the toy department, but the Star Wars section was empty. Either they took them down or someone else got the rest. There was no problem for me when I bought them at the register.

Thunderbird
07-22-2008, 09:55 PM
I might be getting the rest of my CW figures tomorrow. A friend of mine was able to a bunch of figures over the weekend. Wow at this rate I might not even have to go to MM.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-23-2008, 03:44 PM
I have to wonder (:conspiracytheory: ) if these "accidental releases" are done on purpose. I noticed that Target has an open section with a sign that says "Coming Soon" by the pegs (which you can read for item names/costs [BTW: $7.99 for figures? :( ]), there were Clone Wars pajamas; Wal*Mart had the CW Visual Guide book. I think this is just more Palaptine-esque manipulation of the public... ohhhll of them. :evil:

But I'll buy a few things, just not at midnight, perhaps not even Saturday (books on sale would be the exception).