PDA

View Full Version : Tony Snow passes away at 53.

sith_killer_99
07-12-2008, 03:19 PM
Tony Snow has passed away at age 53.

Robert Anthony "Tony" Snow (June 1, 1955 July 12, 2008) was an American political commentator, television news anchor, syndicated columnist, radio host, and the third White House Press Secretary under President George W. Bush. Snow also worked for President George H. W. Bush as chief speechwriter and Deputy Assistant of Media Affairs. Snow served as White House Press Secretary from May 2006 until his resignation effective September 2007.

I used to listen to his listen radio show and watched him on Fox many times, I remember when he was offered the job as WH press secretary.

He was a good guy and he will be missed.:cry:

Old Fossil
07-12-2008, 10:04 PM
I never cared for him as a journalist, but he was a good father, which makes him OK in my book.

sith_killer_99
07-12-2008, 10:26 PM
he was a good father, which makes him OK in my book.

Indeed.

I was a fan of his work, though I am sure some are not.

In any event, I remember when it was announced he was offered the job as WH press secretary. He was unsure about taking the job, and the pay cut. Ultimately he decided it was the type of rare opportunity that held too much appeal for him to turn down.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Though I disagreed with him politically, he always seemed like a really nice guy whenever I saw him.

elvandrik
07-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Tony Snow has passed away at age 53.

I used to listen to his listen radio show and watched him on Fox many times, I remember when he was offered the job as WH press secretary.

He was a good guy and he will be missed.:cry:

Yeah, he was a great father and a good musician I hear. Too bad he wasted his talent on being a stooge/mouthpiece for George Bush. :twisted:

I feel bad for his family, but I dont weep for the man one bit. I doubt Tony Snow lost alot of sleep when he was justifying sending our sons and daughters to die in a pointless war, so I wont lose any on Tony.

Blue2th
07-13-2008, 02:07 AM
Never really got to listen to him. Maybe it's because I choose not to listen to Pox News, or believe anything someone like him is told to say.
Still I feel bad for anybody who has to go through that.
Too bad he worked as one of the devil's mouthpieces. There's plenty of other fork tongues to take his place.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-13-2008, 01:28 PM
I used to watch Faux News during my younger college days, and of all the blowhards that network employs, Snow was one of the more tolerable ones. He seemed well spoken, educated, and not as combative as many of the so called journalists employed at that station. Also, Tony was a great family man which is hard to be in Washington. May he rest in peace.

sith_killer_99
07-13-2008, 02:13 PM
The thing about Tony was that he was a nice guy, he never had a mean thing to say about anyone weather he agreed with them or not. While so many other journalists, anchors, and pundits were busy bashing people they disagreed with Tony did not sink to that level.

He was also a true believer, he didn't just throw out the talking points because he was expected to. He asked tough questions and wasn't afraid to tell it as he saw it.

I remember back before he was offered the job by the White House, I was listening to his radio program and he was talking about how the administration needed to address this and that. He believed they needed to speak up on certain issue to alleviate public concern. Again, he was a true believer, he agreed with the administration on many issues, but he felt they weren't coming across as honest.

Anyway, one of the main reasons he wanted the job was to help in that regard, which he did.

I also remember that he didn't put up with idiocy very well. There were a few times when he would say things like "Are you serious, that's the craziest thing I've ever heard." when the press got too stupid, which happens all too often. Not too many press secretaries had the guts to do that.

Anyway, he was one of the most respected, liked, and family oriented journalists in D.C.

I am a very family oriented guy myself, and I've always hated mean, snide, reporters, pundits, politicians, and journalists. Maybe that's why I was such a fan of Tony's.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-13-2008, 10:08 PM
I think I first heard of him when he filled in for Rush Limbaugh. Seemed like a good guy. Sad to see him go.

2-1B
07-14-2008, 05:55 PM
I also remember that he didn't put up with idiocy very well. There were a few times when he would say things like "Are you serious, that's the craziest thing I've ever heard." when the press got too stupid, which happens all too often. Not too many press secretaries had the guts to do that.

press and the prez ? :confused:

sith_killer_99
07-14-2008, 06:44 PM
press and the prez ?

Ummm...BOTH!:D

Banthaholic
07-14-2008, 10:55 PM
I feel bad for his family, but I dont weep for the man one bit. I doubt Tony Snow lost alot of sleep when he was justifying sending our sons and daughters to die in a pointless war, so I wont lose any on Tony.

That's a real stand up thing to say :thumbsup:

Anyhow, I've always heard nothing but nice things about Mr. Snow. America lost a great man too early, my regards to his family.