PDA

View Full Version : Stardock Rocks!

sith_killer_99
07-13-2008, 01:54 AM
I have been using a sweet little program call Objectdock for some time now. This is a program made by Stardock that essentially simulates the dock used in the Mac OS. It is highly customizable and I have found it to be very useful. There are two versions of Objectdock available. The free version is excellent for most users, but there is a "plus" version available for a $20.00 fee that adds more functions and customizable features.

I just bought Object Desktop Ultimate from Stardock, which allows users to customize virtually every aspect of their windows user interface. I had an older version of this program years ago, but as it was out dated and only compatible with XP, I have been unable to use it with my existing Vista OS.

Anyway, this is an awesome program and I am excited about putting it to use.

Does anyone else use a Stardock program? Any thoughts?

Dar' Argol
07-14-2008, 07:26 AM
I've been using ObjectDock shorty after its release years go. All my computers have it loaded and I find myself mousing towards the top of my screen on friends computers looking for it. The great thing for me is that it cleans up my desktop from tons of icons. I tried the paid version but personally I did not like how it wanted to take control of my desktop. The free version works perfect for me.

I also use Boot Screen and Window Blinds from Stardock. Boot Screen changes the Windows black boot screen to something that I want. right now its a Special ops Trooper. Window Bilnds allows you to completely skin your window's interface. From the look of the of the task bar and start menu to the windoes themselves. I'm all about customizing the look and feel of my computers and Stardock allows me to do that to extreme.

Darth Jax
07-14-2008, 08:28 AM
I just use the standard Mac OS

Jargo
07-14-2008, 09:02 PM
i use windowblinds. the freebie version at the moment. upgrading soon though. it's nifty provided you can find a skin that's been fully completed. and find the corresponding icon pack and so on. tis a fine bit of software though. and now i've managed to skin MSN Live messenger it all looks splendid.

bobafrett
07-15-2008, 12:23 AM
I don't know how to use any of it, because I'm a computer idiot.