PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Broke Strreet Date With The Legacy Collection

FLORIDA COLLECTOR X
07-13-2008, 09:01 PM
For everyone out there waiting for the STAR WARS CLONE WARS or LEGACY COLLECTION run to your walmarts now....3 stores here in central Florida have already broke street date....I picked up today REBEL PILOTS, IMPERIAL PILOTS, AND QUEEN AMIDALA EVOLUTIONS and yesterday I went in to one of my walmarts and they had 2 huge kiosks out, one with all the first day release figures, the first 8 from CLONE WARS and the first 12 from THE LEGACY COLLECTION. Some, about 8, figures have no 1st day stickers, mostly from THE LEGACY COLLECTION. The other kiosk had the new $99.96 TA-TE with CLONE TROOPER and the electronic blaster rifles.....also had cases with the hard to find QUARREN WARRIOR.....bad news is the rest of the figures are all the peg warmers from the last 6 waves of 30th Anniversary.....stuff like the C-3PO IN EWOK CHAIR, COMMANDER GREE, IMPERIAL EVO TROOPER, KASHYYYK TROOPER, YET ANOTHER CHEWBACCA, A NEW HAN SOLO SARLACC RESCUE, R2-D2, and stuff like that. Even the EVOLUTIONS cases are packed with FETT LEGACY & SITH LEGACY. It seems there are a few new figures like BANE MALAR, IG LANCER DROID, AK REV, SAESEE TIIN WITH CLONE TROOPER HELMET AND GEAR, OBIWAN CLONE GEAR, YARNA D'AL'GARGAN(rancor keeper),CLONE SCUBA TROOPER, PADME AMIDALA(Ilum).....thats it folks, all the other 10 or so figures are repainted blue clone troopers or just HASBRO releasing figures again in new packaging. The only redeeming thing here is all the droid pieces you get with each figure(packaged the same as the little holo figures from the earlier black carded stuff)....lets all build as many droids as possible kind of thing....I will not list them as it seems like there is maybe 4-6 droids to build. I guess build a figure caught on from the Marvel Legends lines. Same thing here as the new Droid Factory Figure 2-packs from Wal-mart. Well......thats all for now people.
ps: if anyone is intersted, also found was the new clone trooper helmets with voice changer, and the first wave of mr potato heads....vader, r2-d2, and stormtrooper, and finally wave 1 of the clone wars galactic heroes were on the pegs at every wal-mart I have been in recently.

Beast
07-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Just because a few stores in Florida broke street date does not mean it's nationwide.

In fact, if it did turn out to be Nationwide, Wal-Mart would be in HUGE trouble with Hasbro.

There are fines and other penalties for breaking street date. So don't expect it to be everywhere.

Expect those displays to vanish back into the backroom after they realize what happened.

FLORIDA COLLECTOR X
07-13-2008, 09:08 PM
I have friends in Charlotte NC who also got to buy some stuff too. I know a comic shop owner in Atlanta GA who has most of the first day release stuff already in hios shop. I also looked on ebay and there is tons of stuff already on there too. Looks like wal-mart may be getting fined.

Thunderbird
07-13-2008, 09:12 PM
I just got back from Disnyland and they had some of the new Evolution sets out. I had to get a lot of other things so I didn't feel like paying 30 bucks for them but they were out.

FLORIDA COLLECTOR X
07-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Thats typical disney for you.....I got them at $14.96 at a nearby store. Happy hunting

JediTricks
07-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah, looks like many WMs nationwide broke the curfew and are now scrambling to put it all back, somehow the computers no-sell date got deactivated. Might have something to do with the "for immediate release" packaging they shipped in, which is a mistake, they're contractually obligated to not put this product out ahead of time.

bigbarada
07-14-2008, 12:02 AM
I stopped by two different Wal-Marts today looking for 25th Anniversary GI Joe stuff and not a broken Star Wars street date in site.

JetsAndHeels
07-14-2008, 08:50 AM
I've seen new items in 2 different Wal-Marts here near me. No actual figures, but I saw the Galactic Heroes and then I also saw the new potato heads.

jedi master sal
07-14-2008, 09:17 AM
No street dates broken in the Pittsburgh area either.

Blue2th
07-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Saw a few Titaniums in the new packaging at one Walmart, but they were all repaints. Not that I would anyways, but I didn't even attempt buying them.

Old Fossil
07-14-2008, 02:06 PM
My WM had the Clone Trooper helmet voice changers and the $20 vehicles -- big spider droid, v-wings, Kenobi's starfighter.

Bib Un-Fortuna
07-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Hit two WMs on Long Island this morning, nary a new item around. Tons & tons of TAC and Droid Factory items. I wonder where they will put all the CW & Legacy stuff . . .

DarkJedi5
07-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Street dates are still in tact in my area... bummer.

Adam
07-14-2008, 08:59 PM
I found TLC wave two at two different Target's today, both under the TAC DPCI so they were on clearance.. I picked up all 8 of wave 2 for $3.32 a peice. :D

Maradona
07-14-2008, 09:08 PM
I found TLC wave two at two different Target's today, both under the TAC DPCI so they were on clearance.. I picked up all 8 of wave 2 for $3.32 a peice. :D

Now that's a score worth touting!

jedi master sal
07-14-2008, 10:29 PM

Wholly crap dude, that's awesome!

I bet you don't even feel guilty about it either, heh heh.

FLORIDA COLLECTOR X
07-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Why would I feel guilty....walmart put out all thier kiosks and 10 cases at one store so I got what I wanted.....there were 2 other people buying them up while I was there too.

Adam
07-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Wholly crap dude, that's awesome!

I bet you don't even feel guilty about it either, heh heh.

Yeah not really, it seems pretty widespread.. I found two stores that had them marked down and on RS someone else found them like that as well. I'm wasn't sure if was going to be able to afford to pick up the AT-TE and the BMF right away, but this will help a little. I tried going out again to see if I could find the few from wave 1 that I want, which is when I stumbled across wave 2 again for cheap, but no wave 1's.

InsaneJediGirl
07-14-2008, 11:28 PM
I've seen the droid two packs, but I havent been keeping up with the latest action figure news and didnt think much of it. No big deal anyways, I didnt see anything to write home to the farm about :p

JEDIpartner
07-15-2008, 10:52 AM
No broken street dates where I've stopped in Cleveland. As a matter of fact, I think they are even withholding merchandise. I cannot find the Droid Factory sets ANYWHERE here. I think they are going to lump them in with the releases on the 26th.

TIE Pilot
07-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Here in Chicago, my mom walked into our local Walmart and called me immediately on her cellphone.. she exitedly told me they were loaded with the Clone Wars and Legacy collections! I asked her to pick me up a Yarna, Bane Malar and a sandstorm Luke. So she happily grabbed them up and went to the checkout. A few minutes later I got another a call from her.. she told me they refused to sell the figures to her. My mom not being one to back down from a fight argued with them, but after a while she realized this was a fight she wasn't going to win.

I just don't get what the big deal is.. in a few weeks this stuff will be warming the pegs.

El Chuxter
07-15-2008, 05:52 PM
I swear, act like you don't know anything about the street date, and go to the counter with a mix of figures old and new (you can return the old ones later). Argue the point and sound ignorant. If possible, have a young child who gets really upset over not getting all his toys.

TheDarthVader
07-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Nothing new here in the north eastern corner of Texas. :(

DarkJedi5
07-15-2008, 09:59 PM
At Target the Star Wars section had been moved, expanded, the tags had been changed to say "Clone Wars" and "Saga" but were bare as could be. I asked a clerk if they had any Star Wars figures and she told me that they had set up the whole section with all the new stuff that morning before opening and an "auditor" had come by and told them to pack it all up and to honor the street date. She said they already sent all the old figures back and so they won't have anything on this HUGE section of the pegs for the next week and a half.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-19-2008, 03:24 PM
At Target the Star Wars section had been moved, expanded, the tags had been changed to say "Clone Wars" and "Saga" but were bare as could be. I asked a clerk if they had any Star Wars figures and she told me that they had set up the whole section with all the new stuff that morning before opening and an "auditor" had come by and told them to pack it all up and to honor the street date. She said they already sent all the old figures back and so they won't have anything on this HUGE section of the pegs for the next week and a half.I guess I lucked out today then. I went to Target and they had moved the Star Wars section to the other end and of the aisle and an old guy was stocking Clone Wars and Legacy Collection figures. I got the first 8 Legacy Collection figures. I might have got the Clone Wars figures, but I didn't have a basket with me. I'm sure there will be plenty in a couple weeks. There were a few Greatest Hits figures in with the Legacy case such as Gree and EVO Trooper. I was wondering if I would have a problem at the register, but they scanned fine.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-19-2008, 05:31 PM
I haven't seen it myself, but apparently at least two Wal-Marts around here have broken the street date (but the stuff was returned to the back). However, none have broken the strreet date as alluded to in the title, so that's good.

Val Da Car
07-19-2008, 07:12 PM
In SE Wisconsin all street dates are being follow.

Targets have reset in waiting for merch.

WM will be resetting this week.

Shopko, reset taking place.

Kmart...hmm

Mad Slanted Powers
07-19-2008, 08:01 PM
One thing I noticed is that #1 through #4 don't have the 1st Day of Issue sticker, but #5 through 8 do, at least on the ones I got.

BanthaPoodoo
07-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Found all of wave 1 Legacy & Clone Wars at a local WM but they wouldnt sell em to me.

Only 3 had 1st Day Of Issue on em.

tagmac
07-24-2008, 12:37 PM
My local Target broke the street date. Had I gotten there upon opening, I'm guessing I'd have found everything, although there were no remnants of the Legacy Collection Wave 1 to tell me they were actually there. What they did have were remnants of Wave 2, plus the Clone Wars figs and the repacks. Got the Calamari and Quarren soldiers (they only had one each left), Clone Obi-Wan, and although I decided I would only buy the "realistic" CW figs and not the cartoon ones, I bought one toon clone, as it had the "1st day release" sticker on it. Tons of clones were left over, but no sign of Snow Padme, IG-88, or Tiin with mask. No sign of the Falcon either, nor was there a stivcker for it, but they did have one left of the AT-TE. They also had one each of the Rebel and Imperial Pilots Evo sets, so I picked up those. Just gonna have to hit TRU tomorrow night and hope for the best with Wave 1, the rest of Wave 2, and the BMF.

Interestingly enough, on the opposite side of the aisle was the Batman figures. They had the one each BB Movie masters of Batman and Scarecrow (awesome-looking, but I left them), and one that I did pick up - the MM Joker! This looks great, and part of me thinks the scalpers were so busy with the Clone wars this morning, they never turned around to see this fig, which was right on the front of the peg!