PDA

View Full Version : 2 New Titaniums From HK

Darth Duranium
07-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Just spotted 2 new ones from an upcoming wave on eBay... see pics!

There's an Imperial Landing Craft (kewl!) and the long lost MTT. IMHO, the packaging looks a little more spruced up, for you packaged TS collectors who enjoy having a retail store at home. Chuckle.

I've seen a few of the regurgitated 7/26 TCW wave on eBay, too. Still not on EE...

7/26 Release List:
__ AT-OT
__ AT-AP
__ AT-TE
__ ARC-170
__ Republic Attack Cruiser
__ Republic Gunship
__ Vulture Droid
__ Trade Federation AAT
__ Green Jedi Starfighter (with Hyperspace Ring)
__ Cloud Car
__ Landspeeder Repaint (Green)
__ X-Wing Moving Wings (Wedge)
__ Sandspeeder (Tan Snow Speeder)
__ Y-wing (Green)

Also, Mousedroid had some info from Hasbro re: new TS.

Two new TCW ones will be coming out this Fall for Titanium - the Twilight (Anakin's transport), and the modified (The) Clone Wars Starfighter with the astromech droid in the middle.

Finally, some news!

figrin bran
07-14-2008, 09:49 PM
Awesome news!

I rather like the Twilight design but don't really want to spend the money for the Lego version or Hasbro's 3.75" scaled version so I'll be more than pleased with just the Titanium.

JediTricks
07-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Nice find on those 2 pics. MTT looks a little small, I hope it has a cool feature or a lot of metal to make up for that. (it has some sort of feature, there's a 3rd line of text on the card's lower left where features go.)

Darth Duranium
07-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Here's some concept pics of the upcoming Twilight... and Delta JSF from TCW.

The Twilight would look at home next to the Winnebago from Spaceballs. Barf and Chewie, together again...
Maybe a B-Wing smashed into a shuttle from V.... and got stuck. A chocolate in my peanut butter scenario...

Totally coincidentally, I sorta made my own TCW JSF over a year ago (out of a CW JSF, before the TS Plo Koon one came out). Check the link...

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17067&d=1207526000

I'd suspect that the MTT's hatch opens...maybe a little droid dropper comes out, like the AF one.
The Imperial Landing Craft looks huge... really looking forward to that one. Not many AF ships left to do in TS scale...

Still, gotta wonder what Hasbro's repaint to new mould ratio is this year... 3 to 1? Worse?

JediTricks
07-15-2008, 09:07 PM
Man, I still hate that new CW JSF, the boxy cockpit and further back laser cannons don't do it for me at all, and why would someone put the astromech in front of the pilot so they can't see even more than this wonky design already afforded? (Besides Anakin :p)

Blue2th
07-15-2008, 10:51 PM
That's cool we are getting the MTT and the Landing Craft.

I like the Twilight transport. There's a lot of ungainly designs in Star Wars, and that's one of them.

The only one I really want from that 7/26 release is the Cloud Car, though I might buy one or two repaints depending on how nice they look. I've seen the Landspeeder on ebay and it looked cool with a green paint scheme. I will probably get Wedge's X Wing too.

Darth Duranium
07-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Poster from the forum at starwars.sg in Singapore, shot apparently taken at a toyfair there. Thanks RS.

I sure hope that Hasbro's not going this route in the future... nothing really new in sight in these themed waves, if that's indeed what they are.

If it's just a promo pic for past glories, then I gotta say I like it... pretty kewl. Coulda done a better job on perspective and lighting, though. But not bad...

Oh yeah JT, I agree that the TCW JSF does look a bit wonky with the R2 unit dead centre blocking the view... maybe it's like a helmet with the blast shield down for Jedi training purposes. Maybe we'll find out in The Clone Wars...

JediTricks
07-17-2008, 06:36 PM
I would expect this to be for battle packs, but the number of vehicles is grossly uneven.

mtriv73
07-17-2008, 08:40 PM
I would expect this to be for battle packs, but the number of vehicles is grossly uneven.

A couple of 3 packs for each battle and a few singles thrown in to boot maybe? Or they could just all be singles. I see the need for rereleases of the major vehicles, but I really want some new stuff as well.

JT, If they show the tie defender at comic-con, please take a bunch of pictures for us.

JediTricks
07-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Doubt it, more likely a $25 box set with 8 vehicles each, and just not all are in the photos. But I could be wrong, we'll find out in a week.

Of course!

Ham Salad
07-18-2008, 09:57 AM
I don't know how it was missed, but that HK seller also had a Rebel Transport!

Blue2th
07-18-2008, 11:15 AM
I don't know how it was missed, but that HK seller also had a Rebel Transport!

Well that one is definitely on my must buy list too. Didn't even know about it till now. Wonder when it's suppose to hit? I don't remember it in the Hasbro 7/26 list.

Darth Duranium
07-18-2008, 02:42 PM
That's weird... that Rebel Transport wasn't there before cuz I checked all TSes from HK and checked all the seller's items, too. Hmmm...

I just looked at the auction... it was sold for $66 USD on the 9th! I didn't spot the others until 5 days later.

All the same, gotta say I'm pleased... this one's one I've been wanting! More capital ships are just fine be me...

I can guarantee that I won't be bidding $66 for any titanium but I'll keep an eye on HK.

JediTricks
07-19-2008, 02:07 PM
That's rad!

Darth Enigma
07-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Hi all.Just received the Rebel Transport,Imperial landing craft and the MTT federation ship from that HongKong seller from Ebay.I have to say,I`m a little bit dissapointed with Hasbro.Firstly, the Rebel transport is 75%plastic!The top half of the ship is entirely plastic and the bottom half is plastic mixed in with metal.It feels as if Hasbro grabbed some scraps of metal,and filled the middle core of the ship,to give it some weight.It just does not feel right when your`re holding it(no proper weight distribution,top half light,bottom half heavy)However,it does have some good detailing on the bottom half of the ship.The Imperial landing craft is 95% plastic!(another T16 scam pulled by Hasbro) However,the MTT had a lot of heft to it(almost as heavy as the tie bomber)It also has a kewl feature,the top of the vehicle has a slider,and when pushed forward,a string of droid army emerges from the front canopy.All in all,I`m still happy with the new moulds(it`s been awhile since we`ve seen some new moulds come out of Hasbro).I just wished they had more heft to them,as their line suggest"titanium":(
Just spotted 2 new ones from an upcoming wave on eBay... see pics!

There's an Imperial Landing Craft (kewl!) and the long lost MTT. IMHO, the packaging looks a little more spruced up, for you packaged TS collectors who enjoy having a retail store at home. Chuckle.

I've seen a few of the regurgitated 7/26 TCW wave on eBay, too. Still not on EE...

7/26 Release List:
__ AT-OT
__ AT-AP
__ AT-TE
__ ARC-170
__ Republic Attack Cruiser
__ Republic Gunship
__ Vulture Droid
__ Trade Federation AAT
__ Green Jedi Starfighter (with Hyperspace Ring)
__ Cloud Car
__ Landspeeder Repaint (Green)
__ X-Wing Moving Wings (Wedge)
__ Sandspeeder (Tan Snow Speeder)
__ Y-wing (Green)

Also, Mousedroid had some info from Hasbro re: new TS.

Two new TCW ones will be coming out this Fall for Titanium - the Twilight (Anakin's transport), and the modified (The) Clone Wars Starfighter with the astromech droid in the middle.

Finally, some news!

Darth Duranium
07-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Darth (Champagne and Truffles) Enigma!

You are out of control (and must be independently wealthy!)!! Kewl, you got all 3 from HK!!!... I'm looking forward to their release big-time! Did the seller have the Droid Gunship and the other ones from that wave yet? How did he get 'em? Did he say? It'd be great to have a "source", even if it's just for the info.

Thanks for the reviews... nice to get a heads-up. You're the first person that I know who has half of Wave 3 already!

Drag that the plastic to metal ratio keeps worsening... hard to call them diecast when they're 95% resin. I will get these ships despite that... stoked about the Imp Landing Craft especially. I like all 3.

You should post some pics of them (and your collection) some time, if you're game.

BTW, I just picked up all of Wave 1 of "Legacy Titanium Series" at the Silver Snail today. Pic below. Haven't opened 'em yet... looking forward to it. They had all the Indy's, too.
Annoyingly, the Cloud Car wave (2) isn't there just yet. Planet X had diddley squat of the new waves but had a new BSG Viper Mk VII on the rack (a rare find)... I left it for someone else.

Darth Enigma
07-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Darth Titanium,out of control?You are right.Wealthy?No, more like dumb arse.Not sure what the hell I was thinking when I was bidding for those items.As for the seller from HK.Well these guys probably work, or know someone who works at the factory which produces these toys.They help themselves to a "five finger discount" and go onto E-bay and sell them to stupid, greedy idiots such as myself.This will probably be the last time I buy stuff from them.I`ll go thru the regular channels i.e TRS,WALLYS,BBTS etc like everyone else.Damn,I just hope I beat my wife to the mailbox when the mailman delivers my Visa statement!She`ll kick my arse for spending all that dough for something that`s probably cost 50 cents to make.And yes,I`ll take some pics soon and post them for you.You know what,I don`t even own a digital camera.A few years back,I spent quite a bit of money on a camera that was supposed to be"the future of photography/state of the art camera" according to the salesman behind the counter.The camera used the now extinct,APS film.Two years later, I can`t even buy film for this camera and not many stores will process this format anymore.Perhaps, I too can go on ebay and sell this piece of crap to some sap half way across the globe.I`ll tell them that it`s the next BIG THING in photography.lol Anyways,I`ll borrow my brothers digital camera on the weekend, and I`ll post some pics then.O.K?However, I have to warn you.I don`t have as impressive collection as yours.I just started collecting titaniums about two years ago.I`ve tried quite deligently to get all the ones I`m missing.Sometimes, just when I think I have them all,I`ll read or see a posting of someone`s collection and I soon realize that I have way more to hunt down and purchase.Hence, you being the foremost expert on this topic(titaniums),I hope you`ll be able to tell me what I`m missing after seeing the pics.Warstar,has a great titanium checklist that I`ve referenced quite often.Anyways,I`m going to JYSK tomorrow to buy a new display showcase for the titaniums.The old cabinet can`t quite accommondate all the new titaniums I just acquired.I`m also going to check out the Silver Snail store you recommended.Hopefully, you left some good stuff for me to purchase.lol Take care and God bless!:thumbsup:

Darth Duranium
08-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Darth Enigma: Not sure what the hell I was thinking when I was bidding for those items

Yeah, dude... the dangers of eBay. The heart's pounding, adrenaline's pumping, brain goes into peanut-sized knuckle-dragger mode. :yes: I think that we've all been there... it's almost like an online poker addiction. And we were starved for new Titaniums... we heard no info for months.

"You must let go...", - Yoda

Well, I can only hope that your wife ain't a Sith Witch, Darth, or you're Bantha foodoo. Might be a good idea to load up on demerol and a dart gun before you go to the postbox.

And don't be so harsh with yourself. You've probably gotten some good deals too (buying lots and waves) ...I picked up all of 2008 wave 2 for under $20, I think. And if Titanium Legacy Wave 3 gets cancelled, your 3 titaniums will be worth a small fortune. I will be most displeased if this happens, just cuz I want those ships!

There's also the possibility that you got factory samples that differ from the final versions in some way, and thus they might be worth more than you paid.

On the other hand, maybe you're just plain nuts. Happens all the time. Some people got ways about 'em that just ain't right.:frus:

Maybe you can ask the seller in HK to send you an email when he puts new Titaniums up on eBay... that way you can let us know about upcoming waves. Maybe that's difficult cuz they change seller names all the time, but it might be worth a shot. He'll think you're gonna buy for sure!:twisted:

If you buy a digital camera, don't spend much cuz present models will be obsolete in no time at all. If you go to Japan, they're way out of date already. Brand names are often a joke with digitals cuz they're usually all made in the same factories out of the same parts. Look for a fast lens and a reasonable shutter speed... waiting 5 seconds after you click for the exposure to happen... sucks arse. Megapixels matter but not as much as you might think.

BTW, I don't have all of the Titaniums released, but I do have most of them. There comes a point where I can't justify getting a "battle-damaged" version of a ship that I already have like, 9 of. No room to display 'em all, without another showcase or shelf. And there's more stuff in another showcase (not in my pics) and in boxes... it's hard to stay sane.

Luckily, I've been into TS since they first came out (in the US only at first) so I've never had to pay a premium to catch up. I'm curious... what's the most valuable TS ship out there, besides the gold CC ones? Probably a Viper Mk II from BSG, I'd think.

Question: How do you buy from BBTS without getting nailed for Canadian duty? It's different with eBay cuz people will fudge the paperwork for you. Have you bought from them? HTS still doesn't ship to Canada, though they said they would by this past Spring. Frak.

I don't really like the silver "raw metal" and "gold" versions (although I have a bunch of them) so I don't even display 'em. Look unfinished and cheap to me, excepting the Death Star. Not wanting the gold ones has saved me a lot of dosh over the years! But I can appreciate their rarity.

I know I'll take a lot of flak for this but I gotta say that I'm almost glad that Action Fleet died off... they just take up so much room! TS is a much better scale, I gotta say. The wife is much less frakkish about em, too.:whip:

BTW, get to the Snail soon... there weren't a lot of the new wave left!