PDA

View Full Version : The Career of Princess Leia Organa-Solo

Tycho
07-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Leia Skywalker was born to Padme (Naberrie) Amidala Skywalker

and Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader.

She was adopted by Bail and Breah Organa of Alderaan, and raised a Royal Princess in Alderra, the capitol.

She involved herself with social work and refugee relief, helping societies that never recovered from the Clone Wars or more local situations.

She replaced her adopted father, Bail Organa, in the Imperial Senate, and served Alderaan by representing her on Coruscant.

She secretly joined the Rebel Alliance.

Her adopted family, the Organas, were killed when Alderaan was destroyed by the Death Star.

As the Alliance turned the tables on the Empire and was becoming more and more victorious, Leia served as an ambassador for the Alliance, trying to stir up worlds sympathetic to the Rebellion, to join in its struggle against the Empire.

Upon learning the truth of her Jedi heritage, Leia started but never completed her Jedi training, under the tuteledge of her brother, Luke Skywalker.

Leia married her one true love, the ex-Imperial officer, turned smuggler, then Alliance command officer, General Han Solo.

She was elected Chief of State to succeed Mon Mothma. (Why they didn't say Supreme Chancellor, I don't know.)

She retained a Senate seat in the New Republic afterward (Alderaan had a seat but no planet - it's a nice sympathetic gesture I guess - but they do have a refugee population. So I guess it's sort of like if the Palestinians got a seat at the United Nations.)

And Leia also went through 2 pregnancies - the twins Jaina and Jacen, and then Anakin Solo.

She later became an executive of SELCORE, a refugee relief organization which aided those displaced by the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

El Chuxter
07-14-2008, 10:23 PM
She grew up with Winter, who has a photographic memory and, due to her more royal bearing, was often mistaken for the princess of Alderaan.

Darth Jax
07-14-2008, 10:40 PM
She likes chains and metal bikinis, uses breakfast rolls as inspiration for her hair and is not above making out with family members.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-15-2008, 09:23 AM
And due to the limited number of available candidates in the post-ROJ universe, she is considered a Jedi Knight, yet is being trained by Master Saba Sabathine [sp?]; therefore, her Jedi training is on-going.

She also was almost killed in a Yuuzhan Vong attack.

Didn't she spend her honeymoon at Hologram Fun World? :cringe: :rolleyes:

She was elected Chief of State to succeed Mon Mothma. (Why they didn't say Supreme Chancellor, I don't know.)Well, the last Supreme Chancellor went a tad wacko with power, you know...

Tycho
07-15-2008, 09:37 AM
So did the newscasters refer to her as "Chief Organa-Solo," or "Chief Executive Organa-Solo?"

President Organa-Solo?

Will she, did she, ever drop the hyphenated name? I understand her very good reason for her loyalty to the Organa last name though.

Was she ever to be called Leia Skywalker?

Was she going to be called Leia Naberrie? Leia Amidala?

I think Amidala is a title like how Pope Benedict's is chosen. That's not his real name. I'm not sure why the Pope chooses a new name, or if it's assigned - like there's already a name known for Benedict's successor.

If so, "Amidala," would probably not carry over to the Senator's child. So it would be Leia Naberrie or Leia Skywalker. Since Luke kept his father's last name, I would assume Leia Skywalker would have been most likely.

If most of ROTS didn't happen, what do you suppose they would have done?

Would Anakin have left the Jedi Order and Padme left the Senate and they have gone to live on Naboo and raise the kids? Would they have allowed the kids to be taken away to be trained as Jedi - what after the Clone Wars? My guess is actually "no." Padme would want her babies and not wish to separate them either. I don't know if Anakin could refrain from training his own kids though. I'm sure he'd have taught them at least a little. If they were really powerful, they might have had to be sent away to the Jedi Temple after all.

If Anakin hadn't turned, it is very likely that Mace Windu would have killed Palpatine. Mabye Ventress would be out there to carry on things for the Sith, but they'd go back underground pretty deep after the Clone Wars represented such a catostrophic failure to them (as opposed to what actually happened).

Leia Skywalker might have entered public service on Naboo. Luke would probably have worked with animals, medacine, music - who knows? I don't see him becoming a warrior, if he grew up on Naboo. He'd probably have at least one friend that was a Gungan.

Anakin might have craved enough power to be a local official on Naboo. I could see that. This is Anakin that stays with the Light Side.

Maybe he'd rush around to back Obi-Wan on "foolish adventures," from time to time.

Obi-Wan would remain a Jedi until he was retirement age. He'd probably rotate around the different lengths of terms with seats on the Jedi High Council and remain very close friends with Anakin, taking holidays on Naboo.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-15-2008, 10:01 AM
But since Palpatine forsaw all of this proceeding as it did, we don't have to worry about "what if..." scenarios! ;)

Neuroleptic
07-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Was she ever to be called Leia Skywalker?

Did you realy want an answer to this?

As a parent of an adopted child who was three days old when she came into my family, I can tell you she probably never was given the name Leia Skywalker. Her mother gave birth to her and gave her a first name that the Organa's were nice enough to keep (and they didn't have to even do that. Most parents change a babies name if the infant even has one at all. My kid was named Baby Girl #157 or something like that before we got her), but when Pademe (Panda Bear or whatever the hell her name was) died, Leia was adopted and was probably legaly given the name Leia Organa almost emediately after birth. She probably never was legaly named Skywalker. This would have also made it easyer to hide her from Darth Vader right out in the open since no reccord of her real heretige exists on paper. Only in memory since so few people knew of the pregnancy anyway.

Thus, Leia was probably never known as Leia Skywalker unless she just wanted to call herself that.

El Chuxter
07-15-2008, 05:51 PM
No, but she is known as Lady Vader to the Noghri.

Also, it's not been confirmed, but it seems like Breha died early in Leia's life (like 2-3) and Bail remarried, thus explaining her remembering her "real" mother (in this case, not really her real mother, but her first adopted mother).

Neuroleptic
07-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Yah know, now that I think about it, ALSO looking at this from a person who is an addopted parent, we aren't exactly FAKE parent's either. So since it can be argued that her adopted mother is her 'real' mother, she very well may be considered real.

But this is taking this train of thought to a whole new level that this post probably didn't set out to do ^_^

Bel-Cam Jos
07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I figured it was Leia's latent Force abilities that gave her "just images, really, feelings" of her mother.

You could bring in her "courtship" by Prince Isolder that brought back the Hapes Cluster into the New Republic, and led to her marriage and children (but then, that might just fall under her attempts at "trying to stir up worlds sympathetic to the Rebellion," just a newer organization).

Tycho
07-16-2008, 11:00 PM
That's right: are Rancors native to Dathomir or Fallucia now?

Or on which planet did they escape and populate in the wild?

El Chuxter
07-16-2008, 11:46 PM
I think the official line is now that they're so prevalent, no one knows what planet they originated on. Kinda like humans, horses, ducks, and banthas.

Darth Jax
07-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Rancors on several planets, but we still don't get a glimpse of a krayt dragon.

Tycho
07-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Rancors on several planets, but we still don't get a glimpse of a krayt dragon.

Star Wars On-Going Comic (Republic) #7-12, "Outlander," which introduced A'Sharad Hett and focused on his life with the Tusken Raiders as it was when Ki-Adi Mundi landed in the middle of it.

The Krayyt Dragons did NOT look like I envisioned them though. It was too cat-like and less snake-lizard-like, as the skeleton C-3PO walked past suggested. But who knows - the skeleton Threepio went past might've been missing (or not showing above the sandy surface) its legs. Therefore we get something more dinosaur looking in the length of the neck.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Rancors on several planets, but we still don't get a glimpse of a krayt dragon.Check out Ralph McQuarrie's painting of someone (a Tusken? moisture farmer? soldier?) fighting one (I think it's included in the Illustrated SW Universe book).

I think the official line is now that they're so prevalent, no one knows what planet they originated on. Kinda like humans, horses, ducks, and banthas. Add wampas (snow, rock species), rontos, and dianogas to that list (LISTS... :drool: ), too.

But we digress from Princess Leia's career... :D

Tycho
07-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Leia's youngest son, Anakin Solo, was killed fighting the Yuuzhan Vong, though he saved many other Jedi's lives.

Had he lived, he might have married Tahiri Veila, a Jedi student who rose up in the ranks with Anakin, she having been formerly raised (partly) by Tusken Raiders (before A'Sharad Hett's character was ever invented).

Jaina Solo dabbled in the Dark Side after her younger brother's death, but pulled herself through. She had romance with the Jedi Zekk, and then fell in love and married the son of her father's friend (Baron Fel), Jagged Fel, a human officer in the Chiss Defense Force / Imperial Remnant. Their descendants seem to have revived the Empire, in a more benevolent, peaceful, version. I believe Jaina's great grandson, Roan Fel, is the rightful Emperor. The new Imperial line are comprised of Force-users, as are their Royal Guards (the Imperial Knights).

Jacen Solo had on-and-off-again relationships with Tenel Ka, another Jedi student and daughter of the Hapes Royal Family. A brief romance with Danni Qee interrupted this, and then he later married and conceived a child with Tenel Ka. I believe that mother and child were murdered, and Jacen Solo turned to the Dark Side, becoming Darth Caedus - throwing all his family fought for into peril, and forcing the inevitable confrontation with his twin sister. The Solo family may have died with his line - only continuing amongst the Fels in the Imperial Remnant.

Their cousins, the Skywalkers, have a thriving line descended from their Jedi Master, Luke Skywalker, Organa's brother, and his wife, Mara Jade Skywalker.

El Chuxter
07-17-2008, 10:22 PM
There are two very different creatures called Krayt Dragons. The ones most commonly seen are the smaller variety, which is unrelated to the hardly-ever-seen larger ones, which dwarf Sando Aqua Creatures.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-18-2008, 11:03 AM
There are two very different creatures called Krayt Dragons. The ones most commonly seen are the smaller variety, which is unrelated to the hardly-ever-seen larger ones, which dwarf Sando Aqua Creatures.Please tell me you didn't get that comparison info from that green scales-covered aliens book, because if you did, then I'd have to finally get it for myself... :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
07-18-2008, 11:09 AM
I did.

It's pricey, but one of the best reference books out there. It's worth the price for the size charts.

Tycho
07-18-2008, 02:29 PM
My ex-girlfriend got that for a present for me. I must admit I haven't ever really indulged in it.

We were going out at the time, and for some reason, I feel like Star Wars is my private domain. I didn't show it when I received my present, but I often prefer to do my own Star Wars shopping. Nice to hear it was a really good gift though.

You know what the other thing is? My mom was a teacher and used to get a teacher's discount on all books, so she'd often buy my Star Wars books - though I'd tell her what I wanted. I think -subconsciously - I didn't want a girlfriend treading on my mother's turf.

My ex also bought me a new electric razor which I really like and still use. That was a really fine present. Funny how one's psychological hang-ups affect you...

Bel-Cam Jos
07-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Funny how one's psychological hang-ups affect you...Like if you had a father you never knew become a galaxy-wide villain and killer who tortured his own children and destroyed your adopted homeworld, then you married the man you claimed you hated after a botched rescue attempt ending up in a garbage masher and claims of alien kiss preferences, after multiple times kissing your own brother? :rolleyes:

Tycho
07-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Yes. That's exactly what I meant.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-21-2008, 11:20 AM
I did.

It's pricey, but one of the best reference books out there. It's worth the price for the size charts.Did I go out and buy it? I did. Was it pricey? Yes, but I had a 30% off coupon, so it wasn't so bad. It's no Illustrated Star Wars Universe, but it wasn't too bad. I've always liked the cover. Chux, I'm sure you were saddened that Teek was mentioned, but not shown (I've set you up for your explanation why he wasn't seen :D).

El Chuxter
07-21-2008, 02:48 PM
He ran off the page for some Quaker Instant Oatmeal.

ba-dum-bump!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-21-2008, 06:17 PM
He ran off the page for some Quaker Instant Oatmeal.

ba-dum-bump!It's the right thing to do.

mtriv73
07-22-2008, 05:44 PM
Jacen Solo had on-and-off-again relationships with Tenel Ka, another Jedi student and daughter of the Hapes Royal Family. A brief romance with Danni Qee interrupted this, and then he later married and conceived a child with Tenel Ka. I believe that mother and child were murdered, and Jacen Solo turned to the Dark Side, becoming Darth Caedus - throwing all his family fought for into peril, and forcing the inevitable confrontation with his twin sister. The Solo family may have died with his line - only continuing amongst the Fels in the Imperial Remnant.

I haven't read Legacy since about issue 12, but did they mention Tenel Ka and her daughter getting killed off, did you get it from another source, or were you just guessing? In the last book I read they were still alive and kicking and the daughter was getting ready to go on vacation with Grandma and Grandpa in the Falcon.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-23-2008, 10:53 AM
I haven't read Legacy since about issue 12, but did they mention Tenel Ka and her daughter getting killed off, did you get it from another source, or were you just guessing? In the last book I read they were still alive and kicking and the daughter was getting ready to go on vacation with Grandma and Grandpa in the Falcon.I'm gonna guess that could be a potential spoiler from the my-local-libraries-still-haven't-moved-this-book-from-"Newly-Acquired"-status novel Invincible. But, to be honest, I'd have guessed that this might have happened anyway.

Tycho
07-24-2008, 09:11 AM
I collect the books, so I bought them, but I am an avid reader, too.

I just haven't read these. So my information about Tenel Ka and a Solo daughter is speculation based on clues I've gotten from the forums.

The Legacy comic doesn't mention them at all.

But there is a Force-Sensitive line of Fels, descendants of Baron Fel and his son Jagged Fel. Neither were Force-sensitive, and Jagged had a good thing going with Jaina Solo - so you figure that Force-sensitive descendants of the Fel family (who now rule the Imperial throne), are in fact also the descendants of Jaina Solo.

Who knows what happened to her brother's family - the Solo's by name?