PDA

View Full Version : Will Wm Have A Better Selection Than Toysrus

jedimastergeorge06
07-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Next week both places will be having midnight madness where i live ( walmart and toysrus) so i was just wondering who would have a better selection. I think its toysrus of course but you never know. The pros and cons of going to walmart.....

the pros....cheaper and you dont have to wait out side cause its a 24 hour walmart supercenter.

the cons....perhaps less of a selection and perhaps there might be alot more people at walmart cause they are cheaper and like i said you dont have to wait out side.

The pros and cons of toysrus.....

The pros..... more of a selection, free holo grevous with a 30 dollar purchase

The cons.....wait out side, probably a lot of people..(except theres probably going to be alot of people anyway...no mater where you go), everything will probably cost more.

So its like you just dont know type of thing til it happens next weekend. I just cant decide where to go...i wish i knew who will have a better selection when it comes to the evolutions rebel pilots sets (both versions) and i dont know if walmart will have more of the legacy wave 2 than toysrus will or the other way around. I just want a fair shot at what i want i guess just like every one else. Im thinking toysrus will have a more and better selection than walmart...ive gone to walmart the last two MM and had a good experience there....but this time is different....theres alot more that im getting this time around and spending more this time too.

So i guess ill have some thing to think about til then. Any suggestions would help or is some one has an idea or what not.

bigbarada
07-15-2008, 09:59 AM
If I had a TRU anywhere near me, then I would go there for MM. Especially if the Wal-Marts in your area are Super Wal-Marts. It's been my experience that the 24-hour Wal-Marts don't really care too much about Midnight Madness sales and just put the stuff on the shelves whenever they feel like it (usually between 3 and 4 in the morning). If TRU is making it a point to open up at midnight, then you can be sure that they will do more to draw customers in during MM.

So, go to TRU first and then hit WM on your way home. And most importantly, don't overthink this, just try to have fun. You don't need to get everything all at once. It will all be pegwarming soon enough.

jedimastergeorge06
07-15-2008, 10:27 AM
You have a point...thanks! Ill just go to toysrus then walmart after and your right....it should be fun and i shouldnt be thinking to much about it. You have been alot of help. Thanks again!

jedi master sal
07-15-2008, 12:12 PM
I did MM for TPM at TRU, then AOTC and ROTS at WM. Back to TRU for the "final" MM.

After I hit TRU, I'll go over to WM for anything I wasn't able to snag from TRU. Then only if needed, I'll do a run the next morning to Target for any stragglers.

But I think I'll be able to get most of what I want at TRU anyway. And were I patient, I'm certain I could get it all there within a few weeks. But I'm not patient as much as I should be....heh heh.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-15-2008, 01:56 PM
After I hit TRU, I'll go over to WM for anything I wasn't able to snag from TRU. Then only if needed, I'll do a run the next morning to Target for any stragglers.
That's more or less my plan as well. I'll be going to TRU for the fun atmosphere and the holo Grievous, and to see the prices. If they're okay, then I'll get almost everything there. If they're too high, then I'll buy the basic figures at WM and everything else at Target (I'll be going there anyway for the clone). As bigbarada said, none of it will be hard to find; it never is in a movie year. But it'll still be fun to get a lot of stuff all in one day.

jedi master sal
07-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I may wait on many of the figures to price check them at the different stores.

I will look to get the exclusive ships at Wal*Mart though. I'm hoping the Target exclusive Gunship is just a rumor. I really don't want to have to track down yet another one of them.

So far I'm up to about $750 in my wants for this. If I wait on some figures, that could come down by about $125-150. It's just my patience in this that I'm worried about. I don't think I can wait...

AND, I'm starting to get weak regarding the animated stuff too....my fiancee would NOT be happy about that. heh heh

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-15-2008, 02:19 PM
I will look to get the exclusive ships at Wal*Mart though. I'm hoping the Target exclusive Gunship is just a rumor. I really don't want to have to track down yet another one of them.
According to RS, the Gunship and A-wing won't be at Wal-Mart until November, but they could be wrong. We'll know for sure when Hasbro releases the list tomorrow.

bigbarada
07-15-2008, 10:31 PM
According to RS, the Gunship and A-wing won't be at Wal-Mart until November, but they could be wrong. We'll know for sure when Hasbro releases the list tomorrow.

I actually wouldn't mind the A-Wing getting pushed off until November. This way I could skip MM altogether. :)

Banthaholic
07-15-2008, 10:56 PM
I'll be hitting both. I'd like to hit WM first since the prices might be lower, but if I have to rebuy and return I will as well. Money is money.

At this point I don't care where I buy from as long as it's reasonable and soon.

GizorDellso
07-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Im gonna buy all the Basic figures at TRU and the vehicles at WM to save like 10 bucks.

Banthaholic
07-17-2008, 12:02 AM
I noticed today Target raised the price of 72 count baby diapers by $1.50, while Walmart did not. Targte also raised prices of basic figures to 7.99 a pop. Two of the things I buy the most and they now cost enough more that Target might be boycotted except SW exclusives.

Blue2th
07-17-2008, 12:12 AM
I don't know. The clock is ticking on Walmart. They need to do something about their existing stock around here. At least have some kind of a sale. The Droid Factory 2-pks still haven't hit clearance like out on the west coast. Loads and loads of those just sitting. Still a lot of TAC and even Saga.

TRU for that matter. Lots of TAC and even some Saga (Moff Jerjerrod) If both of them don't do something soon, there won't be mushroom for anything Clone Wars.

I think that Target has been doing the best at getting rid of old stock, which everything is almost gone. They started blowing the SW stuff out a week or more ago. I went to one Target and they are already setting up a huge section for Clone Wars. They moved everything around just to make room for it.

jedi master sal
07-17-2008, 07:27 AM
...If both of them don't do something soon, there won't be mushroom for anything Clone Wars..

Hah, mashing two words together, what a fungi you are!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-25-2008, 02:26 PM
While I was walking into W*M today, the musak playing was interrupted by a "Thank you for your patience, a Wal*Mart associate will be with you shortly." :confused:

No empty space set aside for CW stuff that I could see, as Target has already done. I really looking just for books, so whichever place has them cheaper (or gets me discounts at booksellers) gets my swipe o' the card.

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 02:12 PM
I have to say, I have had great success so far at TRU compared to Tycho's Walmart, who had a piddly endcap, shelf section, and 2 small islands. TRU has gone the distance by comparison, a whole main entry section and another significant part of the main aisle AND an endcap. Target has 3 endcaps but only the regular quarter of the aisle SW normally gets when it's big. TRU also has had the new evolutions and B-wing and comic packs and figures, the most 1st day figs, and the most Falcons.

Blue2th
08-01-2008, 09:26 PM
TRU has been good. At least their prices on the single figures have matched Walmart give or take a few pennies.
Don't think I'll be buying the BMF there at $159 though.

Target I think dropped the ball with the $7.99 per figure. I took back three I bought there the other day. Though I went in there today and they dropped the price to $6.99. I think they were seeing a lot of returns is my guess.
They always do that for as long as I can remember though. A dollar more for SW movie release figures the first week.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Ranking the selection by store:
1. TRU
2. WM
3. T

I bought Bane at T (when they were $7.99 :( ) since I hadn't seen him (have done so since then at other stores) yet. I've just been looking for the CW trading cards lately (but have still bought 4 figs :rolleyes: ), with no luck so far on that level.

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 03:59 AM
I hit 2 Targets today, miserable selection, but pricing was down to $6.99.

TRU meanwhile had wave 2 Legacy Collection figures, all of 'em.