PDA

View Full Version : Droid Parts

DarkJedi5
07-19-2008, 12:31 PM
So as I look at the line up for the first few waves of the Legacy Collection, I can't help but see some figures that I consider an easy pass and I know I'm not the only one. However, the trouble is that I'd like to be able to get the droid parts from those figures and I'm sure I'm not alone there either. Are you going to buy the figures anyway to complete the droids? Wait until the parts show up on eBay for the cost of a whole figure? Or is there a better option?

jedi master sal
07-19-2008, 08:24 PM
I know I'll be getting all of the figures, so I'll get the droid parts by default.

I will have extras for trade/sale. (So anyone interested look for those trade/sale threads when the time comes. (don't ask me now as I'm not sure how many extras of which pieces I'll have.

DarkJedi5
07-20-2008, 02:14 PM
I guess I'm most currious about the repaint wave. I think I'm going to pass on almost the entire wave and yet, without resorting to eBay I think I have to miss out on the droid too. Anyone else in the same boat?

Mad Slanted Powers
07-20-2008, 03:06 PM
I think the Greatest Hits figures will also have the droid parts, so if there are any of those you want, that might help to fill in some of the gaps. When I saw the figures yesterday, I'm pretty sure they had the parts, and the figures were Gree and EVO trooper. If you are into army building, picking up an extra trooper to get a part would be worth it I think.

sebillba
07-20-2008, 05:47 PM
I guess I'm most currious about the repaint wave. I think I'm going to pass on almost the entire wave and yet, without resorting to eBay I think I have to miss out on the droid too. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yup, same for me - I'm not bothered about any of the repaints so will probably pass on all of them.... but I'm pretty sure they come with the silver RA-7, the only BAD droid I really want.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-20-2008, 05:57 PM
The repaint wave is troopers and new characters, with the exception of Yaddle & Even Piell, and a holograph of Dooku. If you are an army builder, buying the troops won't be an issue. If you skipped the Jedi Council scenes, then you might be interested in Yaddle & Even Piell. Jodo Kast has been a requested EU figure, so that should be an interesting Boba Fett repaint.

BD 17: Coruscant Clone Trooper
BD 18: Jodo Kast (Star Wars: Twin Engines of Destruction)
BD 19: Yaddle & Even Piell
BD 20: Saleucami Clone Trooper
BD 21: Count Dooku (Hologram)
BD 22: Imperial Engineer (Star Wars: Battlefront II)
BAD: 5D6-RA-7 ("Death Star Droid")

DarkJedi5
07-21-2008, 10:16 AM
BD 17: Coruscant Clone Trooper
BD 18: Jodo Kast (Star Wars: Twin Engines of Destruction)
BD 19: Yaddle & Even Piell
BD 20: Saleucami Clone Trooper
BD 21: Count Dooku (Hologram)
BD 22: Imperial Engineer (Star Wars: Battlefront II)
BAD: 5D6-RA-7 ("Death Star Droid")

Well I just bought up all the Saleucami clones I wanted in the last wave of TAC Legends, I've already got Yaddle and Even from the Temple sets, I'm not a fan of the Holo figs, and I've got a few Coruscant clones too. That leaves two figures from this wave and a lot of droid parts to get through the legends line or on eBay. And it is perhaps the most desirable build a droid announced so far.

sebillba
07-26-2008, 04:59 AM
Really pleased to see the silver RA-7 comes with the ROTS wave, not the repaints! :thumbsup:

obi-dad
07-26-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm definitely in the same boat here. I'm not buying any animated figures and not any clones of any type from the Legacy collection. I don't know what I'm going to do. Luckily, I think over half of these BAD's are ugly. I'm a little frustrated that the BAD (yellow one) that came with Legacy wave 1 fits in this category. I'd since I got the entire wave, I wish it was one of the better ones... oh well, I like the blueish one.

DarkArtist
07-27-2008, 12:53 PM
not sure what I'll do with the extra parts yet. have a few already with the parts that came with the Heavy Gunner Clone and Scuba Trooper. I'm thinking of making a droid scrap-yard scene with various parts and junk throughout and maybe customizing some of the parts to look like droids that were either blasted apart (like R2 from the BAD sets) or rusted out.

I am so loving the idea of the build a droids. can't wait to get the rest of the parts and figures. i think this might be one of the best ideas Hasbro has had as far as pack-ins.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Do you consider the completed droids as separate figures? Sure, as long as you have both legs (or all three, with the center one), a body, and a head (sounds like Voltron :D ), you can make a droid. I like the look of 'em (so far, I have just R7-T1 completed, and one more leg gets me another droid).

Ji'dai
07-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I would count complete BAF droids as separate, unique figures.

I bought 9 figures out of the first 16 released; and I have enough parts to build just one droid. I don't have any plans on getting the other 7 figures so I've got some useless parts.

Still, I like the Droid Factory idea. If we absolutely must have pack-ins with figures, I think this is the best option. The droid parts certainly beat everything else we've gotten in the past, from freeze frames to coins to mini holo figs - even those craptacular display stands Hasbro has made over the years.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I just made a list of which parts I had/needed, and then looked for figs with those other parts (bought Ak-Grgh, or whatever the choking-named Weequay is, to complete the dark droid). I think those 2 droids I now have finished are enough for me right now.

Your post about pack-ins makes me think of a new list, Ji'dai... :D

Ji'dai
07-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Your post about pack-ins makes me think of a new list, Ji'dai... :D Oh, you and your listmania. List away!

Back to the Droid Factory topic... if I buy the Vader with the 2-piece helmet I'd have enough parts to make a second droid! And so it begins...

Hasbro knows us too well, methinks. Though this be madness, there is method in it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-29-2008, 12:21 AM
I have almost all four of the current droids, but R4-J1 needs his right leg.

Have you guys noticed that these droids are slightly shorter than the VOTC mold? It's a little off, and not ideal since they finally had a uniform size to them with that mold and the R4-G9 one, but it's not too horrible. I'll be glad when they start doing droids from the movies, though.

Phantom-like Menace
07-29-2008, 01:50 AM
These droids are making me lose my cool. I have a compulsion to be completist on astromechs, so I have to get these, and there are four of them simultaneously. I wish Hasbro told us what figures we needed on the packages, because I actually sat at Wal-Mart and systematically went through the figures on the back of the packaging to decide which figures I needed to complete R4-D6. I completed him, but I find myself vaguely annoyed in the process.

Let's use this thread to list which parts come with which figures.

R4-J1
Head: Scuba Trooper
Torso: IG Lancer Droid
Left Leg: Armored Obi-Wan Kenobi
Right Leg: Clone Trooper with Quad Cannon

R4-D6
Head: Chewbacca, Darth Vader
Torso: EVO Trooper, Leektar and Nippet
Left Leg: Han Solo, Commander Gree
Right Leg: Luke Skywalker, Kashyyyk Trooper

R7-Z0
Head: Darth Vader
Torso: Bane Malor
Left Leg: Ak-Rev
Right Leg: Yarna

R7-T1
Head: Quarren Soldier
Torso: Mon Calamari Warrior
Left Leg: Ilum Padme
Right Leg: Armored Saesee Tiin

Right now I don't have doubles of any of these parts, but I will hopefully eventually get one or more extra of the following:

R4-D6
Right Leg

R4-J1
Head
Right Leg

Does anyone have R7-Z0's right leg? I refuse flatly to purchase Yarna.

obi-dad
07-29-2008, 02:09 AM

I do... and it's attached to the rest of R7Z0. Yarna is one of the best figures from the inital waves. Jabba is pretty fat & ugly too, I assume you've never bought a Jabba either?

Phantom-like Menace
07-29-2008, 02:32 AM
Jabba is pretty fat & ugly too, I assume you've never bought a Jabba either?

Well, that'd be one of two assumptions you've made. The other is, of course, that you know why I refuse to purchase Yarna. Congrats on having the leg, though.

Tycho
07-29-2008, 08:10 AM
When I get to setting up my dioramas, which might even be a year down the road, I'll post what parts I have multiples of to trade, for parts I don't have.

I buy multiples of some figures (like the Quarren Soldier) and don't purchase others (like perhaps the Sandstorm figures) at all.

So I too will probably cut deals for droid parts.

Actually, maybe I'll make a list and do this sooner than later. I can get the droid parts out of the back of the card without having to totally open my figure before its time.

Tycho
07-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Ah...Phantom-Like-Menace helped me out a lot with his post:

R4-J1
Head: Scuba Trooper -I'll HAVE 2 extras
Torso: IG Lancer Droid - I NEED the torso
Left Leg: Armored Obi-Wan Kenobi - I HAVE an extra
Right Leg: Clone Trooper with Quad Cannon - I NEED the right leg probably (I might buy this Clone)

R4-D6
Head: Chewbacca, Darth Vader - NEED
Torso: EVO Trooper, Leektar and Nippet - HAVE 2 to Trade
Left Leg: Han Solo, Commander Gree - NEED
Right Leg: Luke Skywalker, Kashyyyk Trooper - NEED

R7-Z0
Head: Darth Vader - NEED
Torso: Bane Malor - HAVE 6 to Trade
Left Leg: Ak-Rev -
Right Leg: Yarna -

R7-T1
Head: Quarren Soldier - HAVE 2 to Trade
Torso: Mon Calamari Warrior - HAVE 1 to Trade
Left Leg: Ilum Padme - NEED
Right Leg: Armored Saesee Tiin - NEED

So I have 12 parts to offer.
I need 8 parts that come with figures I have no plans to buy.

obi-dad
07-29-2008, 10:18 AM
I have the entire R7-Z0 that I want to trade for either R4-J1 or R7-T1. I refuse to buy any clone wars figures.

Droid
07-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know if any of these buidl a droids were in the movies?

obi-dad
07-29-2008, 10:46 AM

I'd have to look at my information, but some definitely were. The new Mos Eisley droid comes to mind that comes with 2009 wave 1 ANH figures. There's also the sandcrawler droid and ds droid. So, some definitely are and I am fairly certain that some definitely are only EU.

Phantom-like Menace
07-29-2008, 11:24 AM

The R7s definitely were not. That series was made after the events of Episode VI to interface with the E-wing. Wookieepedia's only note for R4-J1 is a West End Games Sourcebook, and I also didn't find it in the galleries at astromech.net, so I imagine it's not in the movies. R4-D6 has no notation as to its source, and I didn't find it on astromech.net. So unless someone else has anything definitive either way, I'm only guessing they're EU.

Droid
07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
It is my thought that to date in both the Walmart packs and the regular figure line that all of the droids are either EU or have already been released (like R-3P0).

The silver RA-7 and the build a droid from the first wave of '09 I know were in the movies.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing a movie accurate droid in these first waves.

General_Grievous
07-29-2008, 05:43 PM
May I ask why? Out of all the figures in wave 1, Yarna's the one you refuse to buy? I could see skipping out on the sandstorm figures or Vader I guess...but Yarna?

Tycho
07-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Alright, I second General Grievous' question. I never really wanted Yarna, but I bought her to go in my Palace scene, too. So far, I've skipped Vader and the Sandstorm figures.

Phantom-like Menace
07-30-2008, 12:37 AM
May I ask why? Out of all the figures in wave 1, Yarna's the one you refuse to buy? I could see skipping out on the sandstorm figures or Vader I guess...but Yarna?

Alright, I second General Grievous' question. I never really wanted Yarna, but I bought her to go in my Palace scene, too. So far, I've skipped Vader and the Sandstorm figures.

I have an irrational fear of breasts. . . .

Honestly, I've never had any great attachment to any of the scenes and events from Jabba's Palace. With the exception of Boushh Leia and Chewbacca as Boushh's Bounty, which I actually wanted to get, there are only two reasons I have any figures or dioramas of those scenes. First, I used to be completist, so I would get them whether I really liked them or not. Second, having so many figures from when I was a completist, I've since purchased the occasional figure to populate the scene.

Then we come to Yarna. I'm sick to death of her. After years of having to read about how deathly important she is in every thread, every post, nearly every paragraph of every post and then half of the time in the signature of the poster, I was beginning to think I had watched some rare edit of the movies where she wasn't the star of all six movies. Then Hasbro went and made a stupid joke about her, which I told everyone pretty much guaranteed she'd be made, and the tears really started flowing. I just got sick of hearing about how horribly offensive it was to poke fun at people who were--frankly--comically obsessed with this character. Now that she's been made, I refuse to buy her for the leg even to throw her directly into the trash before I even get to my car.

Edit: Though I have stated that were Hasbro to make a really cool Jabba's Sail Barge, I'd need as many Jabba-specific figures as possible to fill it, and I'd get her.

obi-dad
07-30-2008, 09:36 AM
After years of having to read about how deathly important she is in every thread, every post, nearly every paragraph of every post and then half of the time in the signature of the poster.

Really? I've been members of various sites and never got this impression. [of course, I've been a member here since 2002 and visiting long before, but I just finally broke 200 posts, so I'm not extremely active] I know she was one of the few planned Kenner figures that didn't get out (like the demand for Tarkin), but I've read multiple threads for any unmade character (or costume change of made ones) where there are always outspoken people demanding their wanted figure get made. Seems like if you refuse to buy figures that collectors are demanding, there wouldn't be a lot of figures to buy.

Neuroleptic
07-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Ugh, Yarna is not a figure I plan to get. I know a lot of other people wanted her, and they are all welcome to her. I just don't like her. Truth be told, the only figures in Jaba's palace I like are the blue eliphant guy with the piano (who I won't buy because I'v only seen him in a set with other figures I don't want) Jaba (who I have yet to see a decent one made in the new line) and Leia in her bounty hunter outfit.

And I probably will never get all three of them, simply because I'm not sure I have the room for them and they wouldn't match anything in my collection since I mostly collect droids, rebel pilots, and Imperial soldiers and 501st clones (I am selling the rest of my clones on E-bay soon). I AM finaly trying to get one of all of the main characters now though. I still have to find a decent Han, Chewy, and Leia.

Phantom-like Menace
07-31-2008, 12:38 AM
Well, I'm a Quarren away from completing R7-T1. I assume that shouldn't be too difficult. Wow, I wasn't overly pleased with that part of the cartoon, but the Mon Calamari seems especially poorly done. I think the white on the front of his outfit looks off, for lack of a better word, and of course I hate the softgoods.

My brother has some extra parts of R4-D6 (torso, right leg), but I'm not sure right now if he has plans for them.

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 09:45 PM
I've already completed R4-D6, and dig it.

I have most of R7-Z0 but haven't found Bane Malar yet, so I subbed that droid body for the one that comes with the IG Lancer droid, it's colors are close enough for today, and I intend to buy Bane anyway. For the wave 2 versions, I don't think I'm going to pursue them at all, I'll either use the parts I do get for background, or trade them.

For the protocol droids (as Hasbro's calling them, I think it's just 1 Death Star Droid RA-7 mold repainted though) I'll get 1 via regular method or trades or purchases, but I won't go nutty over the whole thing, and I'll try to rely on the Greatest Hits figures that will supplement the BAF parts.

Have you guys noticed that these droids are slightly shorter than the VOTC mold? It's a little off, and not ideal since they finally had a uniform size to them with that mold and the R4-G9 one, but it's not too horrible. I'll be glad when they start doing droids from the movies, though.I have noticed this, and it bugs me a little because it's the legs which mean the 3-legged pose is off, but it's slight enough that I still enjoy it.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-02-2008, 12:34 AM
I finally broke down and bought Luke Shawlwrapper since I finally found a Cmndr. Gree (dented card), and those two had the legs for R4-D?.

Has anyone tried making a four-legged walking droid? Or giving your standing-up droid some arms? There's a second set of holes at the bottom of the torso that fit legs, too. It's Mr. a Potato-bot: MP-A2. :pleased:

figrin bran
08-03-2008, 12:27 AM
I've finished R4-J1, R7-ZO and R7-T1 and I'm just a left leg away from completing R4-D6. I didn't want either Sandstorm Han or Luke so I'm having to go the Gree/Kashykk Trooper (fortunately, I army build) route to get the pieces.

I will have extra pieces as I've bought more than one Clone Gunner and IG Lancer.

Kidhuman
08-03-2008, 12:52 AM
I have extras of R4-J1 third leg and head and the dark blue body for that astromech

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 06:07 AM
Has anyone tried making a four-legged walking droid? Or giving your standing-up droid some arms? There's a second set of holes at the bottom of the torso that fit legs, too. It's Mr. a Potato-bot: MP-A2. :pleased:I have done the 4-legged bot, seems a lot like an AT-AT. What arms would those be though? They said the RA-7 droid has a universal plug so you can interchange all the parts, dunno if that includes the head though, but arms should be possible - they're just not out yet. Maybe the WM-exclusive protocol droids' arms are the same pegs?

omnithx
08-03-2008, 08:39 AM
I wish Hasbro told us what figures we needed on the packages, because I actually sat at Wal-Mart and systematically went through the figures on the back of the packaging to decide which figures I needed to complete R4-D6. I completed him, but I find myself vaguely annoyed in the process.

R4-D6
Head: Chewbacca, Darth Vader
Torso: EVO Trooper, Leektar and Nippet
Left Leg: Han Solo, Commander Gree
Right Leg: Luke Skywalker, Kashyyyk Trooper

I wish I had read this before rushing out and buying the figures. I assumed each set created a new astromech. So yeah, like an idiot I purchased figures I already had ( right side of above list, swap Ewoks to EVO) to create an astromech I already had (R4-D6-where's he in the movies...exactly) :upset:. Stupid repackaged figures!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-03-2008, 03:12 PM
I have done the 4-legged bot, seems a lot like an AT-AT. What arms would those be though? They said the RA-7 droid has a universal plug so you can interchange all the parts, dunno if that includes the head though, but arms should be possible - they're just not out yet. Maybe the WM-exclusive protocol droids' arms are the same pegs?I was just figuring (pun always intended) that having legs there would seem like legs... I wasn't aware of the exent of the types of droids coming out. It'd be carppy, if they did a Treadwell, where you needed 12 figures to get all the arms, and 3 more for the body. :p

DarkJedi5
08-11-2008, 01:57 AM
R4-J1
Torso: IG Lancer Droid - Have 1 extra

R4-D6
Head: - NEED
Left Leg: - NEED
Right Leg: - NEED

R7-T1
Head: Quarren Soldier - Have 1 extra
Torso: Mon Calamari Warrior - Have 1 extra

DarkJedi5
08-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Hate to double post, but for anyone who opened up their Gone with the Wind Han, is the figure any good? I am really hesitant to get this one because it's from a scene that wasn't in the movies and isn't a whole lot of fun to build a diorama for, IMO. But if you ditch the accessories, is the figure a workable version of Han on the skiff? I mean, he seems to have pretty good articulation but I haven't seen any detailed pics of him loose....

bigbarada
08-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Hate to double post, but for anyone who opened up their Gone with the Wind Han, is the figure any good? I am really hesitant to get this one because it's from a scene that wasn't in the movies and isn't a whole lot of fun to build a diorama for, IMO. But if you ditch the accessories, is the figure a workable version of Han on the skiff? I mean, he seems to have pretty good articulation but I haven't seen any detailed pics of him loose....

I actually think the figure looks good on the Skiff.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Mine seems to have floppy joints. Probably not quite as bad as ROTS Aayla, though. Other than that he looks all right.

JediTricks
08-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Hate to double post, but for anyone who opened up their Gone with the Wind Han, is the figure any good? I am really hesitant to get this one because it's from a scene that wasn't in the movies and isn't a whole lot of fun to build a diorama for, IMO. But if you ditch the accessories, is the figure a workable version of Han on the skiff? I mean, he seems to have pretty good articulation but I haven't seen any detailed pics of him loose....I kinda like the head sculpt, but it's an acquired taste from a somewhat unusual facial expression. The head is new but the body is a very clean deco recycled from the VOTC Han Endor, I believe, which is only so-so (and I hadn't noticed before that it's a bit skinny in the legs). I would say yes though, better than the TSC version if you dirty it up.

obi-dad
08-13-2008, 08:38 AM

I knew I'd seen pics of him on one of the sites, but I could only find this one today: http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/html/TLC/basicfigures/01.html

Here are some from that link without his scarf on:

Phantom-like Menace
08-15-2008, 07:21 AM
I'll pimp my haves/wants for Droid Factory here, too.

Have:

R4-J1: 2x Head and center leg

Want:

R7-Z0: Head and center leg, left leg, right leg

CaptainSolo1138
08-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Han appears to have acquired the ears of a Vulcan.

x13squadleader
08-30-2008, 12:36 PM
went to wal mart today.was just looking when i noticed that a commander gree had a 5d6-ra7 leg with him.got to looking more and found its head with a quad gun clone trooper and a right arm on a kashyyyk trooper.i thought they were going to keep the droid parts on the same figures.i bought them and checked all the others but these 3 were the only ones that had the droid parts.these parts are coming with new figures right?

DarkJedi5
08-30-2008, 12:49 PM
No Hasbro is keeping the droid parts consistant within the waves. If they came packed with wave 3 then they will have the parts for the wave three droid. That's why I finally caved and opened a figure yesterday that I didn't want just for the last droid part I needed because from now on his parts aren't going to be packed with anything.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-30-2008, 01:29 PM
I see that the leg coming with the otherwise useless Yaddle & Even Piell set is also coming with . . . Darth Vader. They could have at least put it with a trooper.

cookiemonster
08-30-2008, 11:16 PM
I have R7-T1 Head and Middle Leg,

I need R4-D6 Head and Middle Leg, and Both Legs
I need R7-Z0 - Head and Middle Leg

TooWanBee
09-06-2008, 03:13 AM
Hi, I collect only droids. I can see how buying these items to build these droids could cost me a small fortune. If anyone is interested, I would be willing to negotiate a deal. Offline of course. I have created a list of duplicate Star Wars items that I'm willing to part with.

I'm looking for complete built BAD droids.

Please indicate Star Wars Duplicates in the Subject line and send mail to:
94altima@gmail.com

Here is my list.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/70714584@N00/2832692612/

jediguy
09-06-2008, 09:01 AM
if anyone wants to trade any droid piece for an unopened and complete clone locker, I would be more than happy to take your droid piece

I mean it, any droid piece that you don't want, be it the torso, right or left leg (complete with jets if it came with them), right or left arm, or head/middle leg, or the just the protocol droid head
I will send you a never before opened clone locker with all the weapons inside

send me a pm and we can get this trade started!

cookiemonster
09-06-2008, 05:17 PM
OK pop pickers, I am after these parts now.

Death Star Droid - Head, Right Arm, Left Leg and Right Leg
R4-D6 - Dome/Middle Leg, Left Leg
R7-ZO - Dome/Middle Leg
Sandcrawler Droid - Head, Torso, Right Arm, Left Arm, Left Leg, Right Leg

stillakid
09-07-2008, 01:34 AM
Well hells bells. I was at Target and only just discovered that the figures can have different droid parts! Crappola.

How am I supposed to know which figure to get to finish off the droid parts? Can't order them from the internet. Hmm. :(

Mad Slanted Powers
09-07-2008, 02:11 AM
Well hells bells. I was at Target and only just discovered that the figures can have different droid parts! Crappola.

How am I supposed to know which figure to get to finish off the droid parts? Can't order them from the internet. Hmm. :(

Post #16 of this thread shows what the figures had in their initial wave for the first 16 figures (first four Build-A-Droid figures). I don't know what parts the Greatest Hits figures have, or what parts figures will have when repacked in later waves.

Tycho
09-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Well: you can't have my heart...

my achey-breaky heart...

but you can smell my fart...

my stinky-winky fart...

I'll need some help to keep more lyrics rhyming.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Well: you can't have my heart...

my achey-breaky heart...

but you can smell my fart...

my stinky-winky fart...

I'll need some help to keep more lyrics rhyming.You sure you got the right thread?

Speaking of songs though, this thread "Droid Parts" makes me think of the Hole song "Doll Parts".

BaneMalar
09-07-2008, 10:24 PM
I have the body and two legs of a droid that I am doing nothing with....

Body from Bane Malar
Leg from the fat dancer
and a leg from the Jabba palace drummer

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-15-2008, 06:15 PM
I just saw, while perusing astromech.net (http://www.angelfire.com/droid/astromechs/page5.html), that R4-J1 actually is in AOTC (they misnamed him as R4-J2), in the same shot as R5-D4 and the upcoming R2-N6. I didn't realize that, but now my Mos Espa area will be more complete!

stillakid
09-15-2008, 07:39 PM
I have the body and two legs of a droid that I am doing nothing with....

Body from Bane Malar
Leg from the fat dancer
and a leg from the Jabba palace drummer

You could toss 'em into the Sandcrawler! :thumbsup:

But really, I'm just getting up to speed on these things, so I'm sure I'll have spares and will need a couple of pieces. Is there a want/need list going here on SSG for Build-a-Droid parts?

cookiemonster
09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks to Chuxter I now have my RA-7 Head soon to be on its way, still after some parts still though if anyone can help me with these parts, I would be very much pleased.

Death Star Droid - Right Arm, Left Leg and Right Leg
R4-D6 - Dome/Middle Leg, Left Leg
R7-ZO - Dome/Middle Leg
Sandcrawler Droid - Head, Torso, Right Arm, Left Arm, Left Leg, Right Leg

jediguy
09-21-2008, 03:31 AM
keep your eyes open for switched out BAD parts

I bought what I thought was the rerelease of waves 1 and 2 with the wave 3 BAD
it turned out that 5 of the 6 parts I got had been swapped out by an old cut up 4-LOM
the new 5D6-RA7 and 4-LOM look alike when in small pieces

luckily, the Walmart I bought them from accepted the return, and I got full credit
I also tried to impress upon the clerk that those figures should not be put back on the pegs
she printed up some damaged item forms, and I believe the problem will be taken care of appropriately

but the lesson is: EXAMINE YOUR NEW BAD PARTS CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASE
it's real easy to swap the parts out
whoever got me had done a good job at the switch

cookiemonster
09-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Damn my friend, good job they allowed you to exchange them, what sort of person and mentality of that person does something like this, they're pinching from kids.

DarkJedi5
10-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Hey I've got an extra torso and left arm from the Wave 3 BaD and could really use whatever parts come with Holo Dooku and Saleucami Clone.

cookiemonster
10-02-2008, 11:11 PM
OK still waiting on the head from Chuxter, hopefully it will get here soon.

I am after these parts still.

5D6-RA-7 - Right Arm, Right Leg
R4-D6 - Right Leg, Dome/Middle Leg
Sandcrawler Droid - Full Parts

TheCivilCollector
10-03-2008, 02:46 AM
Is there a place there is a list of the droid parts and pics of the finished figures? Damn Hasbro... I'm ready to quit collecting and they come up with an idea like this....

DarkJedi5
10-03-2008, 09:18 AM
If you go back a few pages in this thread some guys did a good job breaking down the first two waves. I haven't seen anything like it though for waves 3 and 4.

cookiemonster
10-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks to Chuxter I have now the 5D6-RA-7 Head, this was very kind of him seeing he didnt want anything for it, thanks my friend a big shout out to you.

P.S.: My original thank you was - Thanks Chuxter for giving me head. Glad I changed it, lol.

BaneMalar
10-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Ive got some parts that I would part with:

I dont know the droids name but its the torso body that came with Bane Malar and I have both legs with jet engines. I also have the Jodo Kast figure with the "Death star droid" head.

I am really looking for EU characters. Spacetrooper, Darktrooper, Imp. Sentinel, Clone Palpatine, Luke EU, Leia EU...

DarkJedi5
10-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Anyone have the left leg from RA7? I can't even find one on eBay....

Old Fossil
10-30-2008, 08:48 PM
This whole Build-A-Droid business is sucking.

To build the black Death Star Droid, you have to get 6 Prequel Trilogy figures, all repaints.

To build the silver Death Star Droid -- a figure I have always wanted to see accurately done in the modern line with respect to the Vintage one -- you have to buy General Greivous, of which I have 1 already (deluxe ROTS); Bail Organa, of which I have one already (ROTS); Breha Organa (no interest on my part); Commander Faie (another frickin' Clone); Stass Allie (another boring human Jedi); and FX-6, a droid from Vader's reconstruction surgery scene (which I never was interested in building).

In other words, I have to spend about $42+ to build a figure that I always wanted and should cost about $6-7.:upset:

Now I see that, to build the orange R5 from Mos Eisley in ANH -- ANOTHER classic Droid I've always wanted -- I have to get yet another Greivous, ANOTHER Sandstorm Luke (with "power shawl"???:rolleyes:), another Commander Faie, another yellow Clone Commander, and Luke and Han as Stormtroopers.

I'm about ready to throw in the towel on this. I can't afford to just plop down $7 bucks for a droid leg and a figure I'm gonna chunk into the storage bin. I guess there are still plenty of folks out there willing to do so; more power to them. I am not.:mad:

Mad Slanted Powers
10-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Now I see that, to build the orange R5 from Mos Eisley in ANH -- ANOTHER classic Droid I've always wanted -- I have to get yet another Greivous, ANOTHER Sandstorm Luke (with "power shawl"???:rolleyes:), another Commander Faie, another yellow Clone Commander, and Luke and Han as Stormtroopers.Why would you need to buy Grievous and Sandstorm Luke? The BAD's should be buildable with new figures. That wave is supposed to have:

Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
Brainiac
Han Solo (Stormtrooper)
Jawa with WED-15 Droid
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper)
Space Trooper
Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon
Wioslea

These are all ANH figures that people have been wanting.

sebillba
10-31-2008, 06:48 AM
In other words, I have to spend about $42+ to build a figure that I always wanted and should cost about $6-7.:upset:

I bought the black one loose from ebay, bin $19.99... still a lot for one figure, but a lot less than buying 6 figures you don't want. That was some time ago, so they're probably cheaper by now.

DarkJedi5
10-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Now I see that, to build the orange R5 from Mos Eisley in ANH -- ANOTHER classic Droid I've always wanted -- I have to get yet another Greivous, ANOTHER Sandstorm Luke (with "power shawl"???:rolleyes:), another Commander Faie, another yellow Clone Commander, and Luke and Han as Stormtroopers.

Why would you need to buy Grievous and Sandstorm Luke? The BAD's should be buildable with new figures. That wave is supposed to have:

Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
Brainiac
Han Solo (Stormtrooper)
Jawa with WED-15 Droid
Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper)
Space Trooper
Trinto Duaba & Dice Ibegon
Wioslea

These are all ANH figures that people have been wanting.

Jedi Defender has carded and loose pics of most of that wave here (http://jediinsider.net/g/index.php?mode=album&album=Hasbro%2FLegacy_Collection%2FWave_05%2F&start=0). As you can see you can build the orange droid with just Han and Luke as Stormtroopers, Spacetrooper, and Jawa and Tredwell. No need for the other figs at all.

Old Fossil
10-31-2008, 12:30 PM
That's some relief. I was looking at carded and loose images from GHunter.

Still p.o.'d about the silver and black DSD's, though.

DarkArtist
10-31-2008, 02:51 PM

i may have some extra parts for the black DS Droid that i can hook you up with. i only have the torso for the silver DS version though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2008, 06:08 PM

Yeah, they carry forward older figures with the new droid parts so you have a few different ways to complete the droid if you want. It's not always a great thing, but it's something.

cookiemonster
10-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Ok guys I am after a Right Arm for the B.A.D 5D6-RA-7 anyone got one they can let go for a fair price please.

x13squadleader
11-02-2008, 12:02 PM
just was wondering if there is a place on here that has droid parts for swap?or what do you have to swap cookie monster?

Old Fossil
11-02-2008, 05:00 PM
i may have some extra parts for the black DS Droid that i can hook you up with. i only have the torso for the silver DS version though.

I appreciate that, DA, and will keep it in mind. I think for now I'm gonna hold off until after the holidays on buying any more Star Wars. When a hobby gets one too worked up like that, it's time to take a break, as many here have observed time and again.:cool:

Doctor Who figures are satisfying my action figure fix at present.

mark2d2
11-03-2008, 03:46 AM
I just picked up the silver RA-7 off ebay. It was $14.99 and I honestly don't mind the price as it is THE one current BAD fig that I really feel is simply a must have.

I can't justify buying figs I don't want right now...

I am VERY glad that the orange R5 just happens to come with the one wave where I genuinely want to collect them all...

TheDarthVader
11-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Here Are The Droid Parts I Really Really Need Help With Right Now:

I Need A Black Dsd Torso And Left Leg
I Need A Silver Dsd Left Leg And Right Arm.

If You Can Help, Please Pm Me. All I Have To Trade Right Now Is A C-3px Right Leg.
But If You Can Help Out With All Parts, I Will Give You A Figure That I Have An Extra One Of...thanks! :D

JediTricks
11-23-2008, 04:50 AM
I don't even know what RA-7 parts I have because I knew I wouldn't be completing that wave, so what figures do those come with?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-23-2008, 02:25 PM
This is the info I found on Yakface's Build A Droid Guide (http://www.yakface.com/TGuide2004/html/badguide.html). The 327th Trooper was on a link to Galactic Hunter that was posted earlier.

Black droid (5D6-RA-7)

Torso - Gray Clone Trooper (BD17)
Head - Jodo Kast (BD18)
Right Leg - Yaddle & Even Piell (BD19)
Left Leg - Saleucami Trooper (BD20)
Right Arm - Holo Dooku (BD21)
Left Arm - Imperial Engineer (BD22)

Plus some earlier figures appear to have been repacked with new parts:

Right Leg - Darth Vader (BD8)
Torso - Obi-Wan Clone Armor(BD9)
Head - Clone Trooper with Quad Gun (BD16)
Left Leg - Commander Gree (GH1)
Right Arm - Kashyyyk Trooper (GH2)
Left Arm - Imperial EVO Trooper (GH4)

I've not noticed any of the new parts in these figures, but I haven't checked that closely either.

Silver Droid (MB-RA-7)

Left Arm - Stass Allie (BD23)
Torso - Commander Faie (BD24), 327th Star Corps Trooper (BD29)
Head - General Grievous (BD25)
Right Arm - Bail Organa (BD26)
Left Leg - Breha Organa (BD27)
Right Leg - FX-6 (BD28)

TheDarthVader
11-23-2008, 10:28 PM
So the silver parts I need came from the organas.

And the black parts I need came from either gray clone and salecumi trooper or obi wan in clone armor and commander gree.

PM if you can help!! :)

thanks!

JediTricks
11-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Afraid I don't have any of them, but good luck!

TheDarthVader
01-19-2009, 06:35 PM
I am bringing this one from the dead because the only droid part I need is a left leg for the black death star droid. If anyone can help, please PM me. I would really appreciate it!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2009, 09:24 PM
As I stated in another thread, my Yaddle & Even Piell set came with a funked-up leg: it's the right upper part with the left lower part. I'd like to get the correct all-right leg. That would be all right. :D In the unlikely event that anyone has one they'd like to part with, let me know.

TheDarthVader
01-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Old Fossil has responded! It is the only part of that droid that he has! hehe

I am going to offer up a C-3PX right leg if anyone needs it...PM me!

DarkJedi5
01-20-2009, 01:20 AM
I just realized that all th duplicate pieces I have are the head, arms, torso of the protocol droids and the "can" and head of the Astromechs. I wonder why hasbro keeps assigning those pieces to the troop builders? It looks like a similar story with the ANH wave where the only troop builders (the Spacetrooper comes with the head and the Jawa has the "can") and in the ESB wave (Ugnaughts and hoth troopers will have the arms). I guess I'd think that if the point were to mix and match droid parts they wouldn't keep giving troopbuilders that same parts....

Tycho
01-20-2009, 02:36 AM
I have a lot of the "cans" or yellow bodies of the first R2 droid from all the Bane Malars I bought.

I'm starting to inventorize my droid parts. I definitely think I need the black R4 droid body.

I'll be seeing what else I come up with as I sort this stuff out.

DarkJedi5
06-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Hey, I've got silver E-3PO parts to trade for champagne ones. Anybody have extras of the non-silver color?