PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars figure questions

sevboot
07-21-2008, 10:24 AM
1. How articulated are the Anakin and Obi-Wan figures?
2. Is there anyway Hasbro will do MORE anime accurate figures of Anakin and Obi-Wan along with a realistic versions? I think they are missing the boat doing middle of the road versions like the ones coming out this week. They could make more money by doing true anime accurate versions along with realistic takes on the animated characters. Then, animated people and realistic only people would be happy. I like the animation designs and I wish the figures looked as close as possible to them. Otherwise, what's the point of doing the show in the new style? On the other hand I understand old school fans wanting these to fit so I think both versions should be made.
3. I wonder what the chances are of seeing Sideshow or even Medicom doing 12" figure from the new cartoon?

Sith Lord 0498
07-21-2008, 06:14 PM
1. How articulated are the Anakin and Obi-Wan figures?
2. Is there anyway Hasbro will do MORE anime accurate figures of Anakin and Obi-Wan along with a realistic versions? I think they are missing the boat doing middle of the road versions like the ones coming out this week. They could make more money by doing true anime accurate versions along with realistic takes on the animated characters. Then, animated people and realistic only people would be happy. I like the animation designs and I wish the figures looked as close as possible to them. Otherwise, what's the point of doing the show in the new style? On the other hand I understand old school fans wanting these to fit so I think both versions should be made.
3. I wonder what the chances are of seeing Sideshow or even Medicom doing 12" figure from the new cartoon?

Anakin and Obi-Wan suffer from having ZERO articulation below the hips. No knee or ankle articulation. It makes them less stable without stands. Anakin in particular constantly falls over.

Obi-Wan has the following ten points of articulation:

Ball-Joint - head, shoulders, elbows
Swivel-Joint - wrists, waist, hips

Thunderbird
07-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Also the Obi-Wan doesn't have a removable helmet. It has chageable heads. I guess it would be hard to get a helmet over that hairlol

JediTricks
07-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Hasbro answered the realistic characters question in my Comic-Con Q&A: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=48&p2_articleid=1579

BTW, that Obi-Wan figure is significantly shorter than the Clone Trooper figure in the line, it seems weird.

Kidhuman
07-31-2008, 03:47 PM
I like the animated Obi-Wan better beause of the head swap. The regular one seems like he has a huge head when the helmet is on

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 10:52 PM
I agree that the head swap was the right way to go, it just doesn't fit otherwise (Capt Rex's helmet doesn't look half as good, it's a pull-off) though I would have liked to see the facade "opening" on the helmet of the animated one painted black.

DarkArtist
08-24-2008, 03:16 PM
does anyone know if there are 2 versions of the Walmart Clone Trooper Exclusive. I know there is the 501st which is clogging the pegs by me, but i remember reading that there was another that was relaeased on Midnight Madness of a Clone Trooper with Gray Markings. is there any truth to this or did i just have a very wierd dream in which i'm seeing clones in my sleep.

any help on this would be great. also if it does exist and someone has it can they post a pic of it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2008, 12:05 AM
does anyone know if there are 2 versions of the Walmart Clone Trooper Exclusive. I know there is the 501st which is clogging the pegs by me, but i remember reading that there was another that was relaeased on Midnight Madness of a Clone Trooper with Gray Markings. is there any truth to this or did i just have a very wierd dream in which i'm seeing clones in my sleep.

any help on this would be great. also if it does exist and someone has it can they post a pic of it.
You're going crazy. However, there is a gray-trimmed clone in the Speeder Bike Recon set.