PDA

View Full Version : 1:6 Vader, Stormie, Rebel Trooper oh my!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

sergiurusu
09-03-2009, 12:34 AM
My Vader is back in box for a week more. There is the furniture company coming to my house and they will raise a few shelves on my collection cabinets - see pics. After that I'll open up all my SS figures and GG statues and put them on the shelves

jonthejedi
09-03-2009, 03:19 AM
Looks like it's going to be a great display! Good luck my friend! Glad you finally got your Vader, mine stands proud in my Ikea glass cabinet.

Tycho
09-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Sergiurusu, I also like your cabinets and can sort of see how you plan to develop your display style. It will look really good!

Nice taste. :thumbsup:

sergiurusu
09-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Thanks guys. Today and next week on Monday the furniture company comes for the final touches and then I will be able to display all the items I have at the new house (but not the ones I have where I live now).:thumbsup:

Turambar
09-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Ok, I was pleased with the vader, and really happy with the fleet trooper. I think the fleet trooper was always on my most wanted list for hasbro to make a 12"er of back in the day.
Anyway, I'm not too crazy about the stormtrooper. Mine had flat instead of glossy armor that made it slightly resemble the hasbro version. My Han & Luke stormies both have glossy armor. Also, my stormtrooper has 2 right feet, which is both odd and very noticeable. I did buy mine off of ebay, so maybe the seller just gave me a low quality figure.
Did anyone else notice these defects?

JediTricks
09-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Cool displays Serg! I've been thinking about that sort of thing for some time, but cannot come up with a way to do it cheap enough yet (the Ikea one is too small for my needs unfortunately).

Turambar, that sucks to hear about the 2 right feet on your Stormie. Mine definitely doesn't have that. And I'm not sure how to classify the glossy/matte thing, mine isn't super shiny but definitely not what I'd call matte. Contact Sideshow, maybe they can help you out, though I'm not sure what their policy on such things is. At the very least, if they find out yours is a bootleg, you can help them shut down that seller.

sergiurusu
09-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Cool displays Serg! I've been thinking about that sort of thing for some time, but cannot come up with a way to do it cheap enough yet (the Ikea one is too small for my needs unfortunately).

Thanks! My most recent display - still temporary since many items are still at the apartment where I live now, and the cabinets in the pics attached are at the new house.

JediTricks
09-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Is it difficult not to over-stuff those? I would totally do that, to the point where there would be figures in front of other figures and you couldn't see the back wall anywhere.

Tycho
09-15-2009, 01:41 PM
I like your Terminator collection too, Sergiurusu. I also buy Terminator stuff.

SW and Terminator are in fact 1/2 of what all I collect (Star Trek and Transformers being the other 2).

sergiurusu
09-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Is it difficult not to over-stuff those? I would totally do that, to the point where there would be figures in front of other figures and you couldn't see the back wall anywhere.

Not sure. On the Star Wars cabinet (the large one that is on the right part of the room) I intend to have shelves just for 12" figures, Kotobukiya and GG statues. The smaller Hasbro figures and Action Fleet will be on the lower shelf. I intend to display some of my photos and autographs (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Autographs%20and%20photographs/) behind the collectibles.

I like your Terminator collection too, Sergiurusu. I also buy Terminator stuff.

SW and Terminator are in fact 1/2 of what all I collect (Star Trek and Transformers being the other 2).

Thanks! Same here, I also collect Terminator especially T1 & T2 Endoskeletons, I still need to bring there the 1:1 SS Endoskull to join his HCG brother already displayed and the Hot Toys Endoskeletons (regular and damaged).

jonthejedi
09-25-2009, 05:21 AM
Anxiously awaiting Hot Toys John Conner(I know jedibear already has in hand & it looks great)! Soon I can cuss back at Christian Bale...how can you ruin that pose, bleh, bleh, bleh...you call yourself a 1/6 scale actor of any caliber, bleh, bleh, bleh, etc.

Tycho
09-25-2009, 09:41 AM
I wanted Terminator 12" figures, but they are so expensive!

Not to mention the fact that I originally didn't appreciate Terminator: Salvation that much as a movie.

I haven't been able to pull the trigger on these Hot Toys figures but they sure do look great.

jonthejedi
09-26-2009, 03:58 AM
They are expensive, Tycho...no question, but they're the best 1/6 scale figures I've ever seen. Period. I only have a few(sorely wanted Joker & Batman from Dark Knight, even though I don't collect superheroes, really), but they're the highlights of my collection. Now Hot Toys has this eyeball rolling system with interchangeable face expressions that I'm dying to see. I can only imagine what that's like. I try not to give Hasbro too much of my hard earned $$$ on repacks(like the current Wedge X-wing), and every once & awhile I can justify a Hot Toys purchase.

sergiurusu
09-26-2009, 05:06 AM
Hot Toys are the best when talking about 1:6 figures. I have both T-800 endoskeletons (regular and battle damaged), Predator 2 Battle Damaged, Predator 1, She Predator Machiko and Appleseed Tereus, Deunan and Briareos and can say they are some of the best items in my collection.

Tycho
09-26-2009, 08:51 AM
My friend Justin collects those (Terminator, Predator, Aliens) from Hot Toys. I often go over to his place to admire them.

He got the Batpod and that huge Batmobile (Tumbler) to go with his figures. The darn thing's headlights and running lamps light up and everything. It's about the size of the BMF!

AmanaMatt
10-02-2009, 07:33 PM
I ended up having the dome on my Vader lowered a tad...it rode a tad high on the helmet itself..kinda like the one in this pic

Pic taken by Sideshow collector board member, Commtech

I love this Vader......I am very happy the body on mine is very tight.....

Tycho
10-03-2009, 12:58 AM
That figure is so awesome!

sergiurusu
10-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Big congrats!!

JediTricks
10-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Very nice!

AmanaMatt
10-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Very nice!

Whaaattt?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I was expecting a comment from the Dark side from you, JT!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple pics of my repainted Sith Anakin:

Didnt want to start a new thread just for a couple of pics'

1st pic = what it originally looked like (pic from Rebelscum)

JediTricks
10-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Whaaattt?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I was expecting a comment from the Dark side from you, JT!!!!!!!!!!!What? One of my issues with the figure was that the helmet sits too high. Yours doesn't.

Couple pics of my repainted Sith Anakin:

Didnt want to start a new thread just for a couple of pics'

1st pic = what it originally looked like (pic from Rebelscum)Hmm, interesting. The straight-on pic doesn't work for me, the eyebrows, lips, and ruddy nose pop too much in it. But the other pic that's from further away looks a little better, although there still seems to be a bit too much gloss and red in the lips IMO. I'm not sure about that hair though, it seems more like the cartoon design, matte with bold highlights. But no question, the scar looks way better, I have this figure and its paint was a significant disappointment.

How's that for honesty, punk? ;)

AmanaMatt
10-10-2009, 11:05 PM
What? One of my issues with the figure was that the helmet sits too high. Yours doesn't.

How's that for honesty, punk? ;)

That's the JT I know and remember......!!!! As for your issues, I suspect a lot of them are more obvious with my horrible pic work than in reality. Up close and person, the ruddy hightlights and whatnot are more sublte. To me, at least!

AmanaMatt
11-27-2009, 01:58 PM
ok couple new pics of my Vader using a modified Hasbro Helmet

I am pretty happy with the final result.....pretty much done with the tinkering

Jayspawn
12-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Your modified Sideshow Vader looks fantastic Matt! Much more accurate to the ANH look. Sad that SS couldnt get it right on the 1/6 figure but nailed it on the Premium Format figure.

AmanaMatt
12-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Thanks! Yeah, there were aspects to the Hasbro one that were spot on....the dome was close......but the size of it was perfect, I think....at least, close enough..

as good as mine is, you should see some of em on the Sideshow collector board...good lord.....there are some nice vaders!

AmanaMatt
12-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Last pics(s)....my attempt at the dramatic ANH angle (1st pic):

Just love this figure..