PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Sarlaac Pit Playset?

Tycho
07-23-2008, 09:55 PM
In the multipack coverage over at RS, they already have a picture up of the re-release of the skiff with Lando, Han, Luke, Weequay, and Boba Fett and it comes with a sand-pit base with the Sarlaac beak and tenticles in it.

It's about what I'd expect, but I'm not thrilled. A larger, flatter sand environment on the perimeter of the sarlaac beak might have been cooler, where you could more envision a future sailbarge toy that also pulls up to it.

It CAN be done with this, but whatever. Plus, I already have all of the figures they've included.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Holy crap!!! It looks like it'll be a $60 Ultimate Battle Pack. That set is beautiful, even if the figures are mostly old. I really didn't expect that.

Droid
07-23-2008, 10:19 PM
What a cool surprise! I think it could have been a lot better, but imagine that this is the best we could ever get. I think it is neat and will probably buy it. I am really excited about it and the homestead playset. After 25+ years it is about time!

Funny how they denied and denied and denied playsets as possible in the Q&As. Bring on a cantina booth and table! Bring on Jabba's throne!

I hope the mouth is removable so you could do a pre-Special Edition Sarlaac, but I'd be surprised.

Does anybody know if we probably won't see the cantina figures until after Hasbro's presentation on Friday or should we expect pictures of the cantina figures tonight? That is the thing I want to see most.

Banthaholic
07-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Awesome!!!!!!

I've been waiting for one of these for 25 years. Thank you hasbro! I was mad at all the lack of OT in '08 but this has made up for it. Wow! I'm beside myself.

Cane_Adiss
07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I think it's interesting that Hasbro sounded so against exploring this as a possibility when in reality they were in the process of making it happen! Those sly devils. Anyway, I think it looks great. Would've liked there to have been more long tentacles, but for what you get plus the skiff I think it'll be a great and popular set! Pote Snitkin wouldve been a nice inclusion as well.

I am also a little disappointed that the cantina figures weren't shown yet. But I'll bet hasbro just wants to save the best for last. Can't wait to see how Dice Ibegon turned out!

figrin bran
07-23-2008, 11:09 PM
I like it! I'm too lazy to make dioramas so this would be the next best thing.

plasticfetish
07-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Seeing as how I never opened my skiff the first time around, this may end up being a good thing. The photo doesn't exactly show how the skiff and Sarlaac base are supposed to interact. That skiff hot glued to a box behind the pit doesn't exactly sell the concept.

I dunno... I'll wait 'till this one shows up to decide. Mostly I'm curious to see in person how it looks. (It almost looks as if the Sarlaac is living in a giant loaf of bread, but I'm sure it's just the photo angle. ;))

Tycho
07-24-2008, 01:57 AM
That would be "Wonder Bread."

Bosskman
07-24-2008, 04:31 AM
It looks cool but what will I do with another skiff ?(already have 2). That was by no means a complaint.

pegger
07-24-2008, 05:58 AM
It's a very cool surprise - but I'm not paying $60 (plus shipping) for it.

Same with the Lars Homestead.

evenflow
07-24-2008, 07:42 AM
It is perhaps the greatest thing Hasbro has done since finally giving us Yarna. I can't wait to finally get the Sarlaac. Hasbro we NEED a Sail Barge now!

Kidhuman
07-24-2008, 08:13 AM
I havent seen the pic yet, but if it comes with the skiff, I am on it like white on rice.

Tycho
07-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Hard to say whether or not I could make a better Sarlaac.

JediMasterSal? Your opinion on this please.

Ji'dai
07-24-2008, 08:50 AM
It's interesting, but I already have the figures and 3 skiffs already, including one vintage. I don't think I'd spend $60 on a Sarlacc mouth. But if the playset is a Target exclusive, the point is moot since I don't have any stores near me.

Jargo
07-24-2008, 09:15 AM
I think it looks like terd.

DarkJedi5
07-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I really like it. I have everything they show with it (but that's the same story with the Lars Homestead and I'll be getting that one too). I agree that it seems to lack that something dynamic, something that makes it the "perfect" sarlacc but it is the best Hasbro will make and so I can live with it.

Devo
07-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Yep, could be better yet its better than nothing is my attitude. I'll endeavour to buy it. And I must say thanks to Hasbro - looks like they are trying to find ways to market playsets. If the UBP is the way to go then so be it. I just hope I can get them - wasn't able to get the Hoth and endor ones.

bigbarada
07-24-2008, 11:17 AM
If the beak is removable and this can be displayed as the non-SE Sarlacc, then I'll consider it. Otherwise, it looks cheap and flimsy. The only other reason for me to consider this would be for the Skiff, but I've already got one and could probably get another off of Ebay for less than $60.

Overall, an easy pass.

TheDarthVader
07-24-2008, 12:09 PM
I missed out on the skiff so I will probably be buying this. I love any sw toy associated with Jabba the Hutt, so this set will be mine.

Blue2th
07-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I really want this, but I just wish they would put one or two new figures or radical repaints in there for us dedicated toy buyers who have all of those figures and the skiff already.

I can imagine though a Sailbarge parked on the other side of it. :yes:

JEDIpartner
07-24-2008, 01:10 PM
I got my skiff brand new at Target 3 years after it was an exclusive. I also paid under $3.00 for it. LOL

Oh, right... the Sarlacc. It's a bit "prunetsy". It needs to be just a tad bigger.

jamesbondo07
07-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I will probably get this. Maybe do my own customizing on it to get the original look to it. Who knows when or if they will make it again.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Wow i really like this and the home stead, even though i already have most of the figures with it, but the skiff is a major point for me as i missed it the first time around. Could it have been better? Sure, but no complaints from me on this one.

jedi master sal
07-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Hard to say whether or not I could make a better Sarlaac.

JediMasterSal? Your opinion on this please.

First off I think the set looks like bass -b. The large land formation really takes away from the Sarlaac, which I think it too small as well. The addition of the skiff is nice and will definitely suck in some people who otherwise might pass on it. Pricewise I do NOT think it's worth it. Not just the old figures, but the sculpt of the whole PLAYSET just plain sucks to me. Again the skiff is nice, but doesn't justify the purchase to me.

Can I do better? Hell yes, but then I also won't do this on such a small scale. If I do a Pit of Carkoon diorama, there's going to be a lot more sand than just a small area as the playset has in it. Can I make a better Sarlaac itself, most likely yes as well. The things I'll have to weigh on this though is this: Is the Sarlaac good enough for my plans? Do I want another skiff (I have two alread)? Do I want the old figures again? Is the Sarlaac completely removable, or will I have to damage it to get it removed from the playset?

That last question is the make or break for me. If I can not easily remove the Sarlaac without either too much effort or having to permanently break/destroy/scar the playset, then I won't buy it. SO far I'm leaning heavily on the NO side of purchasing it. I'm happy for those who wanted a Sarlaac set, but this is not what I had envisioned it to be, so it's a pass for me.

Devo
07-24-2008, 05:37 PM
If by 'large land formation' you mean vertical height - how could it be any less when you have to have something to recess the 'pit' into? Plus there was some 'hill' leading down to the sarlacc itself in the film.

Personally I think they found a happy medium. Everything is always going to be scaled down with hasbro, so the monster itself had to be a given size so that they could fit in a worthwhile amount of 'sand' around it so as to reflect where the monster is - and fit it all in a box of a certain size. Seems alright to me and is better than nothing. If I had the knowhow and wasn't a lazy so&so I'd build my own but I'll stick with this.

JetsAndHeels
07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
It looks pretty good, but nothing compares to the makeshift Sarlacc I used.....the garbage disposal.

Snowtrooper
07-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Its OK I guess. I wish it had sides for the victims to slide down to their doom. It surely wouldn't have taken that much more to add them.

Tycho
07-25-2008, 12:23 AM
I saw this in person today at Comic Con. I was NOT sold.

Actually, the Lars Homestead is really tempting me instead. I didn't expect that - especially because I have Owen and Beru and don't need another Sandtrooper.

But I have 3 Tatooine Skiffs and all those figures. I also think the overall sand base is too small and awkward because you combine that with the fact that is has to be high, in order to make a "pit."

No. I think I'll be passing on this. However, some folks that do not have a skiff might sell the Sarlaac base on eBay. You could always keep an eye out for that, if you want just the base and to then cannabalize it for the Sarlaac's beak for your own custom display. All that hinges on the eBay price for the sand base / Sarlaac creature being auctioned at less than retail for the whole thing (because someone wanted the skiff they missed the last time).

plasticfetish
07-25-2008, 02:19 AM
I saw this in person today at Comic Con. I was NOT sold.Oh, forget it then. I trust your judgement on this. I mean... if you're not excited about a playset/vehicle, then it's worth passing on.

Maybe I'll see if it goes on clearance eventually.

obi-dad
07-25-2008, 06:50 AM
I'm not sure here. I have 2 skiffs and all the figures. I have mixed feelings on this as I think this is one of the best playsets Hasbro has ever created (though that doesn't say much), however since I agree the playset looks cheap and small.

That might make a good future questionn for the Q&A: Hasbro, many collectors like the Sarlac, but feel they could make a much better/larger/scene accurate pit. Since you already have the mold for the Sarlac, would you consider making it a future single release, without the playset? Now that could be cool.

Jargo
07-26-2008, 01:14 PM
to be honest, if it had been the sarlaac with new weequay and Nikto skiff guards and that was it i might have got it. it's just going to be far too expensive and has too much of what i already own.
If i did buy it I'd be cutting the sarlaac out of the terd slab and making my own pit. something big enough to actually have skiffs hovering above the pit. this set looks like it was designed never to be taken out of the packaging.

obi-dad
07-26-2008, 05:37 PM
to be honest, if it had been the sarlaac with new weequay and Nikto skiff guards and that was it i might have got it. it's just going to be far too expensive and has too much of what i already own.
If i did buy it I'd be cutting the sarlaac out of the terd slab and making my own pit. something big enough to actually have skiffs hovering above the pit. this set looks like it was designed never to be taken out of the packaging.

Amen, brother. My sentiments exactly. If I buy it, and that's a big IF then I, too, will cut the sarlaac outof the top half to make my own pit.

Veers
07-26-2008, 06:52 PM
I will pick it up. I hope they make Jabba's sail barge soon.

jedi master sal
07-26-2008, 07:56 PM
But as expressed by others, the only thing I'd do with this set is take out the Sarlaac and use it elsewheres. But I KNOW I can make a better Sarlaac, so I won't waste my money on this set. I'm not typically one to leave things in the package, so to display it as such has no appeal to me.

Ji'dai
07-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Did you get to play with it at comic-con? ;) Must be just the angle of the photo in that slide that made me think it looked like a part of the female anatomy. That, and I haven't had a lot of sleep in the last 24 hours.

I'm much more inclined to get the Lars Homestead rather than the Sarlacc, even though I have the figures in that set already too. I think I could make my own Sarlacc if I had a mind to. I'd prefer the original version though - without the Special Edition mouth/beak.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-28-2008, 08:53 PM
I passed on the original skiff (it was during my early days of collecting and wasn't buying the vehicles so much), so I might get this.

I do seem to recall a Q&A where they dismissed the idea of a Sarlacc, saying you would essentially be selling a hole in the ground, or something like that. In fact, I found the link here (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1384).

- Q&A for Dec 21st -

ActionFigs.com - We understand your current stance on playsets, but if you go back to making beasts, would you consider a Sarlacc pit? It's got a big gross mouth, tentacles, and the special editions have added a large beak (which, should you make this figure, we'd hope could be a removable aspect), yet this is one Star Wars creature that's always gotten the short end of the merchandising stick despite being a major part of ROTJ. It could be done as a beast pack, maybe an ultimate battle pack, or even part of a boxed set with a Tatooine Skiff.

Hasbro - Wow….multiple questions on the Sarlacc this week! All we have to say is that the challenge of making and marketing basically a hole in the ground with teeth is a pretty stiff one indeed. It is a beast, but doesn't look like one. Kids won't get it. How would you display it? Not to get any hopes up, because it is a cool idea, but the challenges might be impossible to solve.

El Chuxter
07-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Want my honest opinion? The terminology I'd use would get me banned.

It looked amazingly cheap, and, with all re-release figures, an easy, easy pass.

mark2d2
07-29-2008, 03:18 AM
Believe it or not, this set actually looks better than I would have thought it could. I mean, the sarlaac is NOT exactly something that lends itself well to being a toy. After all, it is a hole in a sand dune and that seems very tricky to me to pull off well. Did they pull it off well? Hmmm. . . I dunno. Maybe not so much as well, but. . . okay. This set is novel and I do applaud their effort for even trying. That said, the figures are a real downer. . . B O R I N G.

In the end, I will pass of this set. But this is more a reflection on my collecting habits and tastes than the piece itself. You see, I am simply far more selective these days, and frankly, the sarlaac scene just isn't exactlly high on my list.

Instead I will put my money into the HOMESTEAD set that also has a few problems, I must admit. (What's with the BLAH figure choices, Hasbro?!) But due to my focus. . . The purchase of the droids and my goal to create the "Ultimate Land of the Jawas" modern playset. . . the Disturbance at the Lars Homestead is impossible to resist

obi-dad
07-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I'm afraid Hasbro is going to lose money here. This is obviously a piece that normally would appeal more to collectors than kids, but most collectors probably have 1-2 skiffs and all the figures. The pit is not a $60 piece if you take away the skiff and figures.

Luckily, the homestead, with only 3 duplicate figures, was never listed as a ultimate battle pack, so I believe it will be in the $30-$40 range. Besides the set doesn't look as cheap as the sarlac.

If Hasbro wanted to "prove" that playsets aren't profitable, they couldn't have picked a much better first set and execution of the set. Not that it's terrible, it just not that good and definitely not even closely worth $50-$60 if you have a skiff and the figures. If Hasbro is so excited about the Cantina and Jabba's Palace, which they have said themselves and prove it each year with the figure selection, then why didn't they start with part of the Cantina or Jabba's Palace?

Qui-Long Gone
07-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Why does everyone keep saying $60? The set looks fine and all, but $60? I'd pay $30 tops....and no way to repacked figures make it all the more valuable....:rolleyes:

At least they now have a Sarlacc playset! lol

Tycho
07-29-2008, 04:30 PM
The $60 price point comes from the past year's Ultimate BattlePacks:

Hoth and Endor.

BattlePacks are almost entirely repackaged figures, with maybe paint variations to create chase-pieces. Then they added some new props: the Hoth Turret and the Endor logs.

But remember, THOSE packs also contained the AT-ST - a large and fully-realized vehicle.

The Sarlaac is coming with a new mold-cast creature and sand pit, plus a fully realized vehicle (the skiff). The figures are repacks of course.

The Lars Homestead is coming with a new mold-cast playset structure, and they might be balancing the assortment COSTS between the Sarlaac and the Homestead, by not including a vehicle with the homestead. It would NOT be the method by which Hasbro releases the Lars family landspeeder for example. Does Luke's speeder make much sense without Luke? No - I think the COSTS to Hasbro are being balanced by the ASSORTMENT and the Lars helps offset the price they paid to do the Sarlaac. IF they are $60 sets.

I could also see $50 sets ($49.99) but not much lower. At $7 per figure, 4x7=$28, plus charging at least $15 for the Skiff, ($43) plus new tooling for the Sarlaac ($10 minimum) = $53 which is close to $60. On top of that, they wouldn't be making much of a profit (why they're in business - remember?) So maybe with the $7 difference to $60, they get $25 for the skiff (can't remember its original retail price in 1999), but they make the profit on selling the assortment - with the Lars Homestead.

Their profit comes from their BUYER - who is Target, NOT US. Then if Target swallows the ASSORTMENT - it is their problem if the Homestead or the Sarlaac sit, once Hasbro gets them to agree to take however many of these Hasbro thinks they can make Target sign on for.

I would guess that they are waiting to do the Cantina, Jabba's Palace, and the Death Star sets so that each successive year is more impressive, not less impressive. What else is there in the OT? The Ewok Village and The Shield Generator (interior of Imperial base - might be largely EU). Echo Base is a possibility, too. Maybe the Carbon Freezing Chamber room - now that would be awesome (Han's frozen fate, with all the figures, not the solitary Luke / Vader duel - although if they only pack 2 figures, and concentrate on the scenery detail with their costs....)

A Purchase of the Droids might be in order in another year as well. The WED Droid will sell separately for now.

What about the Prequels?

Well, some battlepacks for Gungans and the Naboo fighting for Theed are supposedly coming. They don't need to be elaborate, unless Hasbro wants to re-visit the AAT Tank or any of the Gungan beasts - or the Flash Speeder for that matter. I think they are keeping it the standard $20 size though.

A podracer collection might fly at some point. I bet they add a chase piece in here, like Rats Tyrell or something that will tick us off if we've already had Gasgano since 1999.

The Senate might re-appear since they sculpted the Senate speaker car for the Yoda v. Palpatine duel. That might look pretty cool actually - as an ultimate "battle pack."

They did the Geonosian Arena as a TRU exclusive. You can still buy it. Club Outlander might work out. That could be interesting. The Jedi High Council might also be done (by just combining the screen-scenes we already have into one pack). The Droid Factory was already done (available now).

Kashyyyk could be done with the AT-RT, but I think it just was. Most of ROTS was well covered. They could do Mustafar and re-release that playset along with the appropriate figures.

But I seriously think that moving towards the OT areas of the Death Star, Jabba's and the Mos Eisley Cantina will be where these things go.

waboritas
07-30-2008, 03:17 PM
I thought last years Target sets were $49.99 each? I could be wrong as I've lost a lot of brain cells since then. I am not impressed with the SRP of $60 for this set and even less impressed with the $50 price point for the Lars homestead. I could see $30-40 for the homestead. Like all other TRU exclusives, it will sit on the shelf forever and a day. Who thinks the surprise UBP will be some iteration of the death star?

mark2d2
07-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Waboritas: That's a very good guess. I predict it'll be either that which you suggest or else the Mos Eisley Cantina. It'll sure be interesting to see what exactly they have in mind. . . Truth is, either way. . . Death Star or Cantina. . . it'll be useless (for me) to resist.

TheDarthVader
07-30-2008, 03:50 PM
I would buy a cantina battle pack before i would buy a sarlaac playset. But I am considering the sarlaac since I love all things related with jabba the hutt and because i do not own a skiff yet.

Kidhuman
07-30-2008, 03:51 PM
I would buy a cantina battle pack before i would buy a sarlaac playset. But I am considering the sarlaac since I love all things related with jabba the hutt and because i do not own a skiff yet.

Same here, keep the skiff and the Sarlaac, give the figures to the kid.Not too bad.

Slicker
07-30-2008, 03:54 PM
I actually think it looks pretty good. The price point is a bit much but it's nice.

Banthaholic
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
I think this being the Sunday after Thanksgiving offering it'll sell out whether it's too collectors or shopping moms. I applaude Hasbro for giving us something new in this worth getting.

Is $60 a lot for the whole set? A bit. A Skill release exclusive could easily fetch $30 with a Luke. the four repeat figures would sell at $20 in the new 4 pack battlepack. And an individual Sarlaac could easily fetch $20. So add it all up and to some it's $70 worth of material for $60. For those of us that have nearly everything the xtra figures such. But then buy them wrap them up and give them to your churchs sharing tree or something.

waboritas
07-31-2008, 06:04 PM
That is a pretty good price breakdown Banthaholic - and I like the idea of giving the items that are duplicates to the Giving Tree.

JediTricks
08-02-2008, 01:54 PM
I deleted some of the comments, just too much guys.

This set seems ok to me, a skiff and the sarlacc pit is basically an all-in one, and you get some decent figs. The write-up I did on the panel expands on the details of this set:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=48&p2_articleid=1577

Bottom line, the beak is removable leaving a hole, if you put the set over something the hole can drop figures through.

The one thing I would have liked to see more of is the bendy tentacles, just having 1 isn't scene-accurate or as much fun.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-06-2008, 03:05 PM
The latest Galactic Hunter Blogger has this nugget in the article about the Sarlacc:

The figures may not be "new", but would you really rather have a kitbashed Kithaba, Wooof, and Fozec, or ALL NEW versions in a little more than a year? (Ahem. Hint!)
I think I just heard bigbarada crap his pants. ;) :D

obi-dad
08-06-2008, 03:09 PM
The one thing I would have liked to see more of is the bendy tentacles, just having 1 isn't scene-accurate or as much fun.

When I read that, I thought you said "The one thing I would have liked to see more of is the bendy testicles." :shocked:

p.s. I'd rather have no skiff or figures offered and have the set cost less OR have a better, larger (better to scale and accuracy to the figures) Sarlac pit.

Jargo
08-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Kithaba, Wooof, and Fozec. Plus a Jabba. Plus Rancor and Malakili. Nicely nicely. crowd my Dune sea palace with figures hasbro. oh yes......

dindae
08-07-2008, 11:40 AM
This is pretty much what I imagined when I thought of a playset. I didn't expect a gapping gorge that would be movie accurate. I only have the one skiff so another one would be acceptable. The figures are not needed or wanted for that matter. I don't know about the rest of you but Weequay repacks are really on the top of things that Hasbro does to tick me off. The sculpt is over 10 years old now. But I will likely buy the set and my two skiffs will wait to someday have a barge to watch the executions they perform.

bigbarada
08-07-2008, 02:40 PM
The latest Galactic Hunter Blogger has this nugget in the article about the Sarlacc:

The figures may not be "new", but would you really rather have a kitbashed Kithaba, Wooof, and Fozec, or ALL NEW versions in a little more than a year? (Ahem. Hint!)

I think I just heard bigbarada crap his pants. ;) :D

Damn you, Hasbro!:mad: Now you owe me a new pair of pants!

As for the news of all new figures of Kithaba and Wooof, well I'll let this smilie speak for me:

Blue2th
08-07-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but Weequay repacks are really on the top of things that Hasbro does to tick me off. The sculpt is over 10 years old now. But I will likely buy the set and my two skiffs will wait to someday have a barge to watch the executions they perform.

Maybe Hasbro will be kind enough to at least put a kit-bashed Weequay from the Sora Bulg figure.
Just maybe they used the older figures in the display because they didn't have newer examples.
At least one new figure please.

Qui-Long Gone
08-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Let's hope....most of those figures are due for an update....

Tycho
08-09-2008, 07:00 AM
I saw this set at Comic Con and though I did not ask if any figures will be updated, I strongly doubt it since they reached their cost-limit on the sarlaac and the sand base.

It's all old figures, fellas. Lose that "hope." There's no room for it in the package. :(

Qui-Long Gone
08-09-2008, 06:35 PM
It's all old figures, fellas. Lose that "hope." There's no room for it in the package.

I get told that all the time.....:whip:

Bosskman
08-10-2008, 06:26 AM
Kithaba, Woof and Fozec. That's the best news since Yarna.

DarkArtist
08-10-2008, 12:55 PM
i like this set, the Sarlacc is sweet and the addition of the Skiff is also a plus, finally will be able to have 2 skiffs.... Whoo Hooo.

the figures are meh for me, while i loved the sculpt for the Lando Skiff and even the Jabba's Palace Luke, the Han is ok but i really want some new sculpted Skiff Guards. i'm surprised that Hasbro repacked the Saga Luke and not the new Legacy Luke or the TAC Luke from last year.

i just hope i can find it on the shelves, the Target Battle packs vanished within a 2 week period around here, was able to get the Hoth set and then the next week i was going to get the Endor set and it was gone. oh well.

Qui-Long Gone
08-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Any word on a Sail Barge? We've waited so long for the pit, what about the ship?

Tycho
08-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Vote in our upcoming vehicle polls and let Hasbro know you want the Sailbarge over everything else!

I'll be doing so!

Ho-Ho-Ho. Bo-shooDah!

Mad Slanted Powers
08-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Vote in our upcoming vehicle polls and let Hasbro know you want the Sailbarge over everything else!

I'll be doing so!

Ho-Ho-Ho. Bo-shooDah!
There used to be a band called Boshuda (http://www.myspace.com/boshuda). From what little I heard, I thought they sounded pretty good.

obi-dad
08-12-2008, 06:42 AM
Any word on a Sail Barge? We've waited so long for the pit, what about the ship?

Here was Hasbro's answer in the latest round of Q&A. This was the most positive sounding answer they recently gave, as it has been asked more than once recently, but JT's question gave the best background and solid reasoning for considering the Sail Barge.

SSG: In the latest trailer of Clone Wars animation, there is a sighting of Jabba's Sail Barge. Assuming the upcoming AT-TE and Millennium Falcon sell well, what would the chances be of getting a Sail Barge toy with its appearance in both the cartoon and being a key action segment of the first half of Return of the Jedi? I mean, it could help sell Clone Wars figures and OT figures, in ROTJ alone nearly every major hero is battling on it or right next to it, and it features one of the most well-known Star Wars characters ever, Jabba the Hutt, so you have tons of character recognition and interaction, plus animation support, and those battle elements (cannons, flying Fett, explosions) lend it some "aggressive" action. Any of that help its chances, help clear the filters that have been holding it back so far which you mentioned when asked about this piece before?
Hasbro: Well, it helps. You make a good case, but the vehicle still has some significant risk vs. other choices we could make. It simply is not as iconic, prevalent in the entertainment, and as cool as the Millennium Falcon (for example). We will keep watching it and see where it appears and what support it gets. If the big vehicle program this year proves a success, and if it has significant entertainment play, then we will take a hard look at it.

Like Tycho said, vote for it, put it at the top of your list of vehicles, which will send the strongest message to Hasbro (as well as strong sales for the Falcon & AT-TE).

Qui-Long Gone
08-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Can we also plead for Jabba's dias? Seriously.....we haven't had one of these since his 1980s version.....

MORE JABBA FIGS, VEHICLES, CREATURES, AND LUNCHBOXES!!!!!!

obi-dad
08-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Can we also plead for Jabba's dias? Seriously.....we haven't had one of these since his 1980s version.....

MORE JABBA FIGS, VEHICLES, CREATURES, AND LUNCHBOXES!!!!!!

I'd say hit up Hasbro frequently with this request in Q&A's. I know I've read several questions concerning the dias, but the more they hear it from multiple sites' Q&As, the more likely they will do it.

How's this for a good "assuming" question: When you redo Jabba's dias, will you add the various accessories that were included with the SideShow's 12 inch release like the rug, pillows, food bowl, rail, hookah, pipe & bowl, etc?

cookiemonster
08-15-2008, 08:10 PM
This is laughable, the Sarlacc Pit is the biggest Rip of this year, followed closely by the Lars Homestead.

Everything about it looks cheap and tacky, nope I am sorry but neither one will find a home in my display shelves, why cant they not go back and make decent playsets like Kenner did.

Qui-Long Gone
08-15-2008, 08:15 PM
You didn't know that the Lar's Homestead is also a blue milk dispenser?:)

cookiemonster
08-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Damn I better rush out and order two now, lol.

And the Sarlacc Pit actually does to you what the real thing would, lol.:whip:

Qui-Long Gone
08-15-2008, 08:24 PM
No but if you plant one in a golf course sand trap it will really frak up some wealthy doctors and bank executives!:laugh:

cookiemonster
08-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Thank you for visual images I am thinking of now, gives a new meaning to whole in one.:whip:

Qui-Long Gone
08-15-2008, 08:29 PM
If anyone knows about being "holes" it's golfers....:lipsrsealed:

Tycho
08-15-2008, 11:51 PM
Here's the deal: I want the homestead and the vaporator, but I don't care for the figures and cringe that they might re-release it with the YOUNG Lars family later on - and I'd rather have them.

With the Sarlaac, I don't even need the skiff. I have 3. And I certainly don't need the old figures. I would want to cannibalize the sarlacc for a larger display I want to create later on, but I think I might just pass. I could make the sarlaac, beak and all, myself, at probably less cost than this battle pack.

I don't know how they'd re-release it though. It'd be wonderful if they did though - and with all new skiff-guard figures that they have slated for cards right now: Kithaba, Sgt. Doallyn, new Weequay, new Nikto, That wouldn't hurt.

Shatner's Basoon
08-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I've always wanted a skiff, but have never managed to get one..I'm also not that bothered by the pit. If anyone wants to cut a deal whereby we split the Pit and Skiff, PM me by all means! I'm sure something can be worked out.....

Cane_Adiss
08-19-2008, 11:48 PM
It would've been nice if they included Pote Snitkin to drive the skiff. He's one of the best figures of the POTF2 era, and a re-release has been requested by many.

I also never got the skiff years ago when it was first released so this set is perfect for me aside from the throwaway figures that I already own. Can't wait!

JediTricks
08-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Heh, um, Pote doesn't actually fit behind the Skiff's controls with his full outfit on. You have to take his outer jacket accessory off to wedge his tubby butt in there.

DarkJedi5
08-20-2008, 12:10 AM
All the more reason for a reissue with some soft goods!

cookiemonster
08-20-2008, 12:19 PM
All the more reason for an upto date sculpt of him and the other POTF2 figures (dont get me wrong I love this guy, however I can even see a need for an update here).

Also while your at it get an upto date Skiff out there which is slightly longer so you can fit him behind the wheel or whatever this thing has.

El Chuxter
08-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Call me insane, but, even as bad as AOTC was, first-time sculpts of Cliegg, Owen, and Beru are FAR more vital than another Pote "I Don't Think I Even Actually Appear In The Movie" Snitkin.

bigbarada
08-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Call me insane, but, even as bad as AOTC was, first-time sculpts of Cliegg, Owen, and Beru are FAR more vital than another Pote "I Don't Think I Even Actually Appear In The Movie" Snitkin.

He does, the camera pans across him once during the battle on the second skiff and you get to see the top of his skull from his dead corpse leaning against the side of the skiff as Luke makes his jump up to the Sail Barge.

I wouldn't mind seeing him updated, but he's the very last on my list for Skiff Guards that need to be made. The fact that he's supposed to drive the Skiff, but he doesn't even fit behind the controls of the current Skiff makes him pretty useless unless Hasbro gives us a larger Skiff toy.

After Hasbro gives us SA updates of every other alien Skiff Guard, then I'll campaign for a new Pote Snitkin.

pegger
08-20-2008, 02:20 PM

I'm with Chux. I'd rather get new characters. I can also swallow updated main or secondary characters - although I don't think it is necessary. In fact, I can't think of any background character that should ever get remade. Pote is fine. (actually, it's still one of my favorite sculpts)

bigbarada
08-20-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm with Chux. I'd rather get new characters. I can also swallow updated main or secondary characters - although I don't think it is necessary. In fact, I can't think of any background character that should ever get remade. Pote is fine. (actually, it's still one of my favorite sculpts)

Well, I can. Any figure made prior to 2001 is garbage and needs a remake. About 70% of the figures made between 2001 and 2005 need a remake as well, if for no other reason than for the added articulation.

Jabbapalacespy
08-20-2008, 07:48 PM
I agree that there are a lot of figures that need to be updated. We are definitely due for some new skiff guards. We really need a new Weekquay - the padded vest one! :yes:

As far as the Sarlaac playset goes I'm not sure about it yet. The Sarlaac looks cool but I have a few problems with the whole set. First it would have been nice to see an updated, slightly larger skiff. The one they have is really too small to fit all the figures on that are seen in the movie. (I count a total of nine characters on that thing!) Second, it doesn't look like the skiff attaches in any way to the Sarlaac, which makes no sense to me. Shouldn't it be able to stand above the Sarlaac? The old figures don't add anything either. Guess I'll make up my mind when I actually see the box sitting on the shelf as to whether or not I buy it. The cost will be a big factor.

Thought I'd add this too since Pote Snitkin was brought up that he can also be seen in Jabba's Palace in the extended edition after the band's first musical number. When everyone is clapping Pote can be seen clapping right behind Yarna and he is wearing the bright orange shirt that is on the figure. :thumbsup:

cookiemonster
08-20-2008, 10:08 PM
Ah but El Chuxter and Pegger, thats in your opinions - to me I think Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru and Pote Snitikin deserve to be resculpted before any PT figures, and even Clone Wars Figures and I love these figures - but my allegiance has always been to the OT and thats why I want all the old OT Figures brought upto date, after all I am sure you want new sculpts of say most of the PT Characters produced before now, unless your happy with what you have from the SAGA line back to EPI.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Since I like both the OT and the PT, I would say I would want resculpts of main PT characters before reculpts of minor characters from OT or PT. Thus the new Obi-Wans that are scheduled from TPM, AOTC and ANH are preferred over skiff guards with a few seconds of screen time. Most of the Episode I figures aren't too bad. They could just use a little more articulation. The early POTF2 figures had even less articulation and were too hulky. A lot of the Saga figures had extreme poses and/or action features that detracted from the figure. Still, an all new figure would be preferred over a resculpt in most cases.

bigbarada
08-20-2008, 10:53 PM
I agree that there are a lot of figures that need to be updated. We are definitely due for some new skiff guards. We really need a new Weekquay - the padded vest one! :yes:

As far as the Sarlaac playset goes I'm not sure about it yet. The Sarlaac looks cool but I have a few problems with the whole set. First it would have been nice to see an updated, slightly larger skiff. The one they have is really too small to fit all the figures on that are seen in the movie. (I count a total of nine characters on that thing!) Second, it doesn't look like the skiff attaches in any way to the Sarlaac, which makes no sense to me. Shouldn't it be able to stand above the Sarlaac? The old figures don't add anything either. Guess I'll make up my mind when I actually see the box sitting on the shelf as to whether or not I buy it. The cost will be a big factor.

Thought I'd add this too since Pote Snitkin was brought up that he can also be seen in Jabba's Palace in the extended edition after the band's first musical number. When everyone is clapping Pote can be seen clapping right behind Yarna and he is wearing the bright orange shirt that is on the figure. :thumbsup:

I remember that.:yes: If you take the plastic cloak off, then he is in his Jabba's Palace outfit.

I'm hoping to see some better photos of this set with and without the beak.

pegger
08-21-2008, 06:19 AM
Ah but El Chuxter and Pegger, thats in your opinions - to me I think Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru and Pote Snitikin deserve to be resculpted before any PT figures, and even Clone Wars Figures and I love these figures - but my allegiance has always been to the OT and thats why I want all the old OT Figures brought upto date, after all I am sure you want new sculpts of say most of the PT Characters produced before now, unless your happy with what you have from the SAGA line back to EPI.

For the record, I do not consider Beru or Owen a back ground character, and I do agree both need an update. Pote does not. The sculpt is great, and not every figure needs tons of articulation. (IMO)

My preference for the record is :

All new never before made background OT sculpts
All new never before made secondary OT sculpts
All new Main Character sculpts (OT and PT)
Resculpted secondary OT sculpts
All new never before made secondary PT sculpts
All new never before made background PT sculpts
Slicker's mom
Resculpted background OT characters
Resculpted background PT characters

Background character are those with:
a) less than 5 seconds screen time
b) no speaking lines

El Chuxter
08-21-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm essentially with pegger, though I would move Secondary PT Characters above Resculpted OT Characters (minus those who really suck, like Evazan or Owen), and EU that's not based on the lousy stuff (like Legacy) would go on there somewhere. I say screw the Clonetroopers. I'm so done with anything containing Fett DNA.

There's a world of difference between a redone OT Owen and Pote Snitkin. Pote is in the film for a split second, and the sculpt is adequate. Could it be improved upon? Absolutely. But it works for what most people need Pote for. Owen, on the other hand, is an important character, and he looks like utter garbage.

There are three Owen figures that need to be made: AOTC Owen, ROTS Owen (wearing the white outfit that would be handed down to Luke), and ANH Owen. All three of those are pretty close to the top of my list, tied with Cliegg and Prequel Beru (a redone old Beru would be nice, but the 1999 figure is quite good, so she's further down the list), after only extremely necessary figures like Ackmena and Teek.

Oh, and anyone who keeps asking for dead Owen and Beru is sadly deluded and a bit soft in the head. They'll never be made, and they'd be incredibly stupid and pointless if they were made.

Tycho
08-21-2008, 11:16 AM
What are you talking about? Dead Action Figures are great!

They include:

Crispy Owen
Crispy Beru
Smoked Jawa
Burnt Ewok
AT-ST Flattened Ewok
Throw-rug Wookiee (multiple variations possible)
Rancor-Chewed Gamorrean
Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon
Funeral Pyre Darth Vader
Handless, decapitated Dooku
Empty Cloak Obi-Wan Kenobi (made)
Headless Fett (made)
Strangled Jabba
Shot Greedo (made)
Shot Stormtrooper (made)
Half-Maul (made)
Diced Geonosian (made)
Headless Tusken Raider (made)

I know I'm forgetting many more.

El Chuxter
08-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Realistically, would you--or anyone else--actually get any of those other than the Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon and Vader, or the ones who can be displayed normally (like removable-head figures)?

DarkJedi5
08-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Well, there's blown apart 3P0 and blasted R2 now too. Maybe not dead but clearly shot.

Ando
08-21-2008, 11:37 AM

They include:

Crispy Owen
Crispy Beru
Smoked Jawa
Burnt Ewok
AT-ST Flattened Ewok
Rancor-Chewed Gamorrean
Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon
Funeral Pyre Darth Vader
Headless Fett (made)
Strangled Jabba
Shot Greedo (made)
Shot Stormtrooper (made)
Half-Maul (made)
Diced Geonosian (made)

501st Trooper stabbed in the chest by Yoda's Force thrown lightsaber in RotS (made)

bigbarada
08-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Oh, and anyone who keeps asking for dead Owen and Beru is sadly deluded and a bit soft in the head. They'll never be made, and they'd be incredibly stupid and pointless if they were made.

:thumbsup: Here, here! It's silly to think that Hasbro would even consider it as an option. That goes for the dead Jawas from ANH as well. These figures will forever be relegated to customizers with a few mental issues.

I think I just have a different view of the purpose of action figures. I believe the point is to allow kids to expand upon the movies and build their imagination around well-made figures. Not to lock them into play patterns that allow zero room for interpretation, or to create static, boring, dust-collecting dioramas.

Thus, a super-articulated action figure of a cool-looking Skiff Guard is highly preferred over an old man in a wheelchair.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-21-2008, 12:04 PM
:thumbsup: Here, here! It's silly to think that Hasbro would even consider it as an option. That goes for the dead Jawas from ANH as well. These figures will forever be relegated to customizers with a few mental issues.

I think I just have a different view of the purpose of action figures. I believe the point is to allow kids to expand upon the movies and build their imagination around well-made figures. Not to lock them into play patterns that allow zero room for interpretation, or to create static, boring, dust-collecting dioramas.

Thus, a super-articulated action figure of a cool-looking Skiff Guard is highly preferred over an old man in a wheelchair.There is room for imagination there. That could be a super-duper deluxe hover chair, and he could zoom around the desert blasting Tusken Raiders. He could joust against thugs on swoop bikes. The possibilities are endless.

obi-dad
08-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Realistically, would you--or anyone else--actually get any of those other than the Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon and Vader, or the ones who can be displayed normally (like removable-head figures)?

I would definitely get the crispy owen & beru and know many other diorama makers that would (as accessories, I wouldn't pay figure price for one). I would also get the funeral pyre figures without a second thought, if executed well.

Oh, and Tycho, an easy one you forgot is funeral padme. I'm sure there are others, but none jump out like that one.

DarkJedi5
08-21-2008, 12:38 PM

They include:

Crispy Owen
Crispy Beru
Smoked Jawa
Burnt Ewok
AT-ST Flattened Ewok
Rancor-Chewed Gamorrean
Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon
Funeral Pyre Darth Vader
Headless Fett (made)
Strangled Jabba
Shot Greedo (made)
Shot Stormtrooper (made)
Half-Maul (made)
Diced Geonosian (made)

I've got an EU one, but Koffi Arana (or what ever his name is) from the comic pack with the knife and Vader's fist in his chest.

Tycho
08-21-2008, 12:51 PM
:These figures will forever be relegated to customizers with a few mental issues.

Excuse me! I don't have "a few mental issues." I have LOTS of mental issues!
Please show some respect for my OTHER collection :crazed:

Dust is another collectible. Just like the action figures, you can sniff it, too.

Dioramas are hardly boring. They require hours of applying artistic techniques to creating the environments and setting up the displayed toys. And in spite of what it might seem like when 30-somethings buy toys for Ages 4 & Up, most of us cannot "build our imaginations around well-made figures any more" - like making them talk and have all new adventures. (It's great if YOU can still play with your toys. Could you film that and post some clips on YouTube for the rest of us to *cough* admire and comment on your creativity with?) As for me, I now have to scribe stories to have all-new adventures. And as much as I wanted to write Star Wars, and made a professional effort to "try-out," I was rejected for not being an established author in the trade. So I created my own fictional characters to interact with historical events during the American Civil War, and have since become "a different kind of author." Though I doubt my story will spawn action figures.

Thus, a super-articulated action figure of a cool-looking Skiff Guard is highly preferred over an old man in a wheelchair.

Preferred by YOU. I would buy both, but my priority is "the old man in the wheelchair." Why? To make the diorama of the Lars Homestead during the Clone Wars era of course. I have multiple Weequays, Baradas, Niktos, and Klaatus. I want authentic variations of characters from their species, but since I have nothing remotely like Cliegg Lars, I prefer to get him first. (But I want my skiff guards super-articulated from here on out!)

bigbarada
08-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Excuse me! I don't have "a few mental issues." I have LOTS of mental issues!
Please show some respect for my OTHER collection :crazed:

Dust is another collectible. Just like the action figures, you can sniff it, too.

Dioramas are hardly boring. They require hours of applying artistic techniques to creating the environments and setting up the displayed toys. And in spite of what it might seem like when 30-somethings buy toys for Ages 4 & Up, most of us cannot "build our imaginations around well-made figures any more" - like making them talk and have all new adventures. (It's great if YOU can still play with your toys. Could you film that and post some clips on YouTube for the rest of us to *cough* admire and comment on your creativity with?) As for me, I now have to scribe stories to have all-new adventures. And as much as I wanted to write Star Wars, and made a professional effort to "try-out," I was rejected for not being an established author in the trade. So I created my own fictional characters to interact with historical events during the American Civil War, and have since become "a different kind of author." Though I doubt my story will spawn action figures.

Preferred by YOU. I would buy both, but my priority is "the old man in the wheelchair." Why? To make the diorama of the Lars Homestead during the Clone Wars era of course. I have multiple Weequays, Baradas, Niktos, and Klaatus. I want authentic variations of characters from their species, but since I have nothing remotely like Cliegg Lars, I prefer to get him first. (But I want my skiff guards super-articulated from here on out!)

Well, that's the thing, I'm not talking about just my personal collecting habits, because I would buy a Cliegg Lars figure in a heartbeat. I'm trying to see this from Hasbro's perspective in that they can't just cater to a fringe group of collectors. They have to consider their target market, which is kids and always will be.

As for dioramas, you spend a lot of money buying the figures, a lot of time creating the setting and maintaining them, all for something that will only impress people the first time they see it and will become pretty boring upon repeat viewings. Like a museum that never gets new exhibits or a website that never updates it's content. People will look at it a few times and talk about how great it is, but will quickly lose interest and stop coming by to look at it. Meanwhile the diorama will continue to collect dust and the figures will continue to degrade and yellow over the years.

El Chuxter
08-21-2008, 03:42 PM
I've got to admit, I'd get the Funeral Padme as well. Like the two Funeral Pyre figures, it's more a nice display piece than a corpse action figure.

JediTricks
08-21-2008, 06:16 PM
He does, the camera pans across him once during the battle on the second skiff and you get to see the top of his skull from his dead corpse leaning against the side of the skiff as Luke makes his jump up to the Sail Barge.

I wouldn't mind seeing him updated, but he's the very last on my list for Skiff Guards that need to be made. The fact that he's supposed to drive the Skiff, but he doesn't even fit behind the controls of the current Skiff makes him pretty useless unless Hasbro gives us a larger Skiff toy.

After Hasbro gives us SA updates of every other alien Skiff Guard, then I'll campaign for a new Pote Snitkin.There's actually 2 shots of him piloting the second skiff, he's clear as day in the film if you look, they both look kinda like this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Snitkin_skiff.jpg
The other is actually a little closer, but the editing swallows these 2 shots up.

I never realized how close to scale the skiff really is, they just need to change the way the railing attaches to the back and Pote could stand back there.

Pote's sculpt is pretty darn perfect to the character as it is,we really don't need an update on anything except his poofy outer clothes that are plastic and keep his arms from moving.

Jargo
08-21-2008, 06:44 PM
they need to change the stupid gangplank and flip down railings and catapult floor section. get the steering levers going the correct way and shove a clear stand under the thing instead of the feeble pathetic wobbly legs it has now. plus make the fore and aft rails fit better without such clunky fixings.fix the colour of plastic they use to cast it all in and have a swappable panel at the front so you can have one with the nose blaster damage and one without.

so basically just start over.....

and i'll take Cliegg and skiff guards before any clown wars nonsense. or farce unleashed or meddling Jedi. horses for courses and all that. one man's Heater is another man's Yuzzem...

Gothiczartan
08-21-2008, 07:21 PM
that will work for this sarlaac playset

bigbarada
08-21-2008, 10:18 PM
There's actually 2 shots of him piloting the second skiff, he's clear as day in the film if you look, they both look kinda like this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Snitkin_skiff.jpg
The other is actually a little closer, but the editing swallows these 2 shots up.

I never realized how close to scale the skiff really is, they just need to change the way the railing attaches to the back and Pote could stand back there.

Pote's sculpt is pretty darn perfect to the character as it is,we really don't need an update on anything except his poofy outer clothes that are plastic and keep his arms from moving.

Here're some better screenshots of him. The first is a long shot and you can clearly see Pote piloting the Skiff as Boba zeroes in on Luke. The second is Pote's "money shot" and probably the most clearly he is seen in the film. In the third one he is dead and leaning against the side of the Skiff as Luke leaps towards the Sail Barge.

Tycho
08-22-2008, 02:19 AM
As for dioramas, you spend a lot of money buying the figures, a lot of time creating the setting and maintaining them, all for something that will only impress people the first time they see it and will become pretty boring upon repeat viewings. Like a museum that never gets new exhibits or a website that never updates it's content. People will look at it a few times and talk about how great it is, but will quickly lose interest and stop coming by to look at it. Meanwhile the diorama will continue to collect dust and the figures will continue to degrade and yellow over the years.

Well, first, it will TAKE years to create all the dioramas I want to do and set everything up. So there is a long time spent occupied enjoying that aspect of the hobby.

Second, over the years, I've had many guests from SSG to my home, whom would see these dioramas for their very first time. Several guests came after my old dioramas were taken down against my wishes when I was in the hospital, presumed to be on my death bed.

JediTricks, Deoxy, NavTek, DroidDroppings, and Slicker never saw any of my displays really. Just random toys I coincidentaly had around my place when they visited.

SirSteve and Stillakid saw some of my previously finished dioramas. I think that's all who got to see what I was doing with Hoth, Endor, Bespin, Mos Eisley, and the Death Star - as well as my Blockade Runner.

BobaFrett will be out here soon, but I won't have anything set up then either. I am waiting to move into a real house before I set up stuff again. I hope that will be within less than a year now.

Then I will invite people back as various things get done, or I'll even invite others to help me work on creating them. It will take some time.

I also plan to close off these dioramas like Hasbro did at their Comic Con display, thereby collecting a lot less dust.

jedi master sal
08-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I'm with Tycho here. For me it's about ME appreciating these. I'll put a lot of hard work and time into each one. Mine are all going to be encased in a plexiglass shell (which will be removable). Will it impress other, probably, but it's really about my taking my fandom in another direction away from collecting. It's the evolution of my hobby to something else I very much like to do, which is create/build from scratch.

JediTricks
08-22-2008, 09:13 PM
Here're some better screenshots of him. The first is a long shot and you can clearly see Pote piloting the Skiff as Boba zeroes in on Luke. The second is Pote's "money shot" and probably the most clearly he is seen in the film. In the third one he is dead and leaning against the side of the Skiff as Luke leaps towards the Sail Barge.The first 2 are good, but that 3rd one is "teh s uck" ;) Anyway, it also serves to prove the guy is there in the film if you look for him, he's noticeable, it's just that he's surrounded by more guys and by action which obscures him.