PDA

View Full Version : New stuff at Comic-Con

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Though I don't want to give support to any otheR Sites, well, this one doesn't have Comic-Con stuff up yet but I'm quite giddy about what's been shown so far. Let's see . . .

*Quinlan Vos and Kashyyyk Trooper comic pack - Sweet, this is a better Quinlan. I like the look of the trooper, too.
*Luke comic pack - Is that Clone Emperor in there? Dunno, but it looks well done.
*Repaint wave - LOVE the holo softgoods on Dooku, I can't believe it's taken them this long but they finally figured it out. Dunno why he still has the hilt painted. Yaddle looks a little different but I still don't think they should have put her and Even in the BD series. The Engineer looks to be a straight repack; everyone else is sweet.
*ROTS wave - Grievous is fantastic!!! The others in the wave are superb too, but I have wanted a Grievous like this since 2005.
*The Clone Wars figures - I love how Asajj and Dooku have holograms of each other, and Plo's double-saber wrist thing is awesome. This line has really grown on me.
*TRU ARC-170 - pretty cool with the wampa on it, but I don't want too many more of these ships.
*B-wing - awesome, but the pilot looks like Jeff Daniels. :D
*STAP set with Anakin - I figured this was coming, but I wanted it since I saw the preview over a year ago at CIV.
*Endor set - Freakin' sweet!! Now we have an SA Imperial Officer. The R2-D2 with the open panels looks nice, but hopefully it'll line up better on the actual figure . . . don't know why they couldn't sculpt it on him, but it's nice to have it. I can't tell if Han's head is new.
*Millennium Falcon passengers - nice, but I already have everything here so I will skip it.
*Sarlacc - as I said in the other thread, this rules!!! That is just too damn awesome.
*Disturbance at Lars Homestead - fantastic! I love the creature (what is that?) and the base, which I was not expecting.
*Legends of the Force - what a waste, Kmart always has the worst crap for exclusives.

I really was not expecting this much awesomeness after July 26, but thankfully the year is packed with it!

bigbarada
07-23-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm glad we finally got some close up shots of the A-Wing Pilot. Looks good, not 100% accurate, but at least they got the helmet right and the headsculpt looks like a huge improvement over the Tycho figure.

I'm liking the looks of the new B-Wing Pilot except for the color, why not red?

Outside of that, there's really not much I'm excited about here. The Sarlacc Pit looks okay, but not a single new Skiff Guard in the set. Pass.

Blue2th
07-23-2008, 11:21 PM
*Disturbance at Lars Homestead - fantastic! I love the creature (what is that?) and the base, which I was not expecting.

Could it be a Wamprat?

Beast
07-23-2008, 11:41 PM
The Bunker Damage R2-D2 is cool. Nice to see them finally make one.

Phantom-like Menace
07-23-2008, 11:59 PM
*Quinlan Vos and Kashyyyk Trooper comic pack - I'm happy to be getting Vos in Jedi robes, but I hate that he still has a blaster. Faie is one of my most wanted figures . . . in his concept art look, not Scout armor. I might get this and just make Faie part of Gree's group and keep the Commander Faie single carded figure as Faie.

*Repaint wave - Jodo Kast!

*TRU ARC-170 - As you said, the wampa is cool, but it's not distinctive enough for me to worry about.

Clone Wars gunship with Twi'ilek - Looks cool, but it has the lack of distinctiveness problem too. I may or may not get it.

plasticfetish
07-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Disturbance at Lars Homestead - fantastic! I love the creature (what is that?) and the base, which I was not expecting.Yeah, I think Blue2th may be correct. Wamprat sounds like a good guess, and that's very cool if that's what it is.

At first I was really excited about this set, and I still am I suppose, but the price doesn't exactly thrill me. I'd say we're looking at $15 worth of figures, and maybe $20 worth of "homestead" at best. As cool as the Wamprat is, I'm not calling it a $15 figure. ;)

But again, I suppose we'll see how it goes when the thing comes out.

Umbra
07-24-2008, 02:10 AM
I'm damn impressed by some of the comic packs, And Jodo KAst has surprised me, he might be making my list after all, as with greivous.

Plo Koon and Asoka too from clone wars i'm thinking

*watches his money disappear*

Damn, I need a real job...anyone hiring a 3D modeler/Animator >>

Bosskman
07-24-2008, 04:35 AM
And I thought this year would be slow.........

pegger
07-24-2008, 06:15 AM
I'm more into the titaniums - an MTT? Landing craft? TIE Defender? They have some cool stuff lined up...

The battle packs are leaving me cold - except the bunker set, but I only want 2 figures out of that set....(R2 and the Imperial officer)

The Sarlacc and Homestead packs are cool - but I only want the playset parts - so they will be passes for me as well.

jlw
07-24-2008, 07:08 AM
well I cant get their website to come up. I can access their forums but the pics from comic con wont show. Think somebody got shut down?

Jason

Beast
07-24-2008, 08:46 AM
The Galactic Heroes Skiff kicks all kinds of butt.

Jargo
07-24-2008, 09:16 AM
I hate it all.

bigbarada
07-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Saw a couple of other things that I liked. Ten Nunb and the B-Wing Pilot from the Evolutions sets look great (even if they gave the B-Wing Pilot the wrong helmet). It's just too bad that they're in two different Evo packs, because I'm not interested in any of the other figures (especially not that ridiculous looking Twilek pilot).

Also, I really like the GG TIE Pilot mini-bust, especially the alternate head with the face stripes from ANH. That's a definite buy for me.

GH Dewback looks cute, but I'm not thrilled about being forced to buy so many duplicate figures just to get it.

What in the world is up with that idiotic looking "open-faced" TIE Pilot helmet? Just dumb.:mad:

Nothing else really impresses me at all. My interest in Star Wars waxes and wanes, but usually I find myself getting excited about collecting SW during these big events; but not this year. Probably a good indication that it's time for me to move on. Unless we see SA figures of Kithaba, Admiral Ackbar and the Gamorrean Guard, then I don't forsee getting too excited about the Star Wars side of SDCC this time around.

Now Sideshow's GI Joe line? THAT is something to get excited about!:love:

Blue2th
07-24-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm more into the titaniums - an MTT? Landing craft? TIE Defender? They have some cool stuff lined up...

I'm seeing a lot of new craft, though the guy who took the pics forgot the top row, and instead took pics of the 3.75 ships for the Titanium category. You can see the labels of what they are though.

Imperial Landing Craft
TIE Defender
Gungan Sub
Rebel Transport
Ep. 1 Landing Craft
Z-95 Starfighter
Droid Gunship
MTT
Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter
Hailfire Droid
Grievous Bodyguard ship

Those are the only ones I see as new toolings so far, the rest are repaints, or re-issues. Can't wait to see more. (where's the BSG Basestar?)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-24-2008, 02:01 PM
I just realized the Imperial Officer from the Endor set isn't as super articulated as I thought . . . still nice, but not great.

jedi master sal
07-24-2008, 04:04 PM
*Quinlan Vos and Kashyyyk Trooper comic pack - Nice, I'll get this set.
*Luke comic pack - Is that Clone Emperor in there? Most likely a pass for me. This is a wait and see item for me.
*Repaint wave
holo softgoods on Dooku-excellent. I have such a small focus on these getting one carded and one loose of all holos. I'll be glad to get this figure.
Yaddle/Even Piell-ok cool. These will prolly look better than their EPI counterparts. most likely get them
Engineer-I'll get one just for the droid part if the repaint wave has a specific droid to it. If the droid parts are repeats from other waves, then this figure is a pass for me. (wrong chest armor yet again!!!)
*ROTS wave -
Grievous-Looks like this is the SA TALL Greivous we've wanted. If so, then heck yeah. I'll need a few of him for dioramas.
*The Clone Wars figures - Passing on them all. I'll have the clone from the AT-TE, but that's it. After seeing these up close a bit more, I've finally come to the decision that I'm NOT buying any single carded Animated figs. While I like several of them and some are going to be hard to pass up, I just can't justify getting the same characters again. (Though Cody and Ahsoka are speaking to me....)
*TRU ARC-170 - heck yes! I need 2-3 more of these. If the Wampa sticker is something we put on it and not permanently there from when we purchase it, then I'll get it.
*B-wing - cool. I'll get one, just not in a hurry for it though.
*STAP set with Anakin - okay this is an animated set. I'm going to get it, but not for the figures. Rather I really dig the blue paint scheme for the seperatist vehicles. I'll prolly sell the Anakin and keep the Battle droid (so the clone from the AT-TE has someone to play with...)
*Endor set - Well I like the Imperial officer, but don't like that I'd have to get more figures I already have, regardless if they are upgrades. I'll still most likely bite on this set though. (Though I hope the officer gets single carded some time soon, and I hope it's SA. If not SA, well, I won't look to buy a lot of dupes then.
*Millennium Falcon passengers - PASS-already have the all. The crates are the only thing of interest to me and I'm not paying that much just for a couple of stupid plastic boxes.
*Sarlacc - To quote J. Jonah Jameson in Spiderman (the movie) "Crap, crap, megacrap" I'm sure I'm in the minority here on that though, and I'm fine with it.
*Disturbance at Lars Homestead - nice but definitely NOT worth $50-60. Three old figures, some strange beast we don't know what it is (even if it's a womprat it doesn't mkae this worth purchasing), and the homestead. While it looks like the homestead is removable from the base of the set, it just doesn't justify the price. I'll have to see if there is more included with this set. If not, I may just pass on it, much as I want the actually buidling.

There is so much more to post on, but I'll do that later.

jedi master sal
07-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Titaniums:

Imperial Landing Craft: sweet, I want one in this scale. Not the action figure scale though
TIE Defender: sweet (same answer as above)
Gungan Sub: Didn't we already get this? If so then pass, if not then one
Rebel Transport: Is this the ESB ship? I didn't see it pictured. If so then a couple to round out my space fleet. (Would have LOVED the medical frigate though...)
Ep. 1 Landing Craft: Cool, 2-3 for me please
Z-95 Starfighter- meh, ok I'll bite and get one.
Droid Gunship- Oh Hell's yeah! Oh 3 or 4...I need them for background ships for my Kashyyyk diorama.
MTT: Didn't we already get this? If so then pass, if not then 2-3
Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter: cool, I'll get one. (this is the yellow Anakin one I'm talking about)
Hailfire Droid: Sweet mother of gawd, YES. whew I need a cigarette after that one and I don't even smoke. I'll get 5-6 of these for background filler for my massive Battle of Geonosis diorama
Grievous Bodyguard ship: cool 2-3

Old Fossil
07-24-2008, 09:14 PM
I WILL be getting the 2 Hoth Battle Packs!!! Those rock! Finally, the K-3PO I've wanted since 1980, along with a nifty new R5 and a nice Hoth Han. I wonder if the hood and goggles are removable a la the GI Joe Snow Job figure?... And is the Probe Droid sporting a new metallic paint wash?

And I'm digging those Hoth imperial speederbikes, too. Wouldn't mind picking up 2 - one to open, and 1 to keep in the box. It looks that good.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-24-2008, 09:54 PM
I WILL be getting the 2 Hoth Battle Packs!!! Those rock! Finally, the K-3PO I've wanted since 1980, along with a nifty new R5 and a nice Hoth Han. I wonder if the hood and goggles are removable a la the GI Joe Snow Job figure?... And is the Probe Droid sporting a new metallic paint wash?

And I'm digging those Hoth imperial speederbikes, too. Wouldn't mind picking up 2 - one to open, and 1 to keep in the box. It looks that good.
The Han is just a brown repaint of the figure from the Droid Factory pack. In other words, it's the same body as the 2007 vintage figure with a different head. The goggles can be put over his eyes or up on his hat, or on the ground, or wherever. The hood is not removable.

This set, along with the Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol and Clone Wars Speeder Bike Recon, have already been found, so it'll likely be out in wide release tomorrow night/Saturday morning.

Snowtrooper
07-25-2008, 12:08 AM
I just realized the Imperial Officer from the Endor set isn't as super articulated as I thought . . . still nice, but not great.

I think its Moff Jerrjerrod with a different head & paintjob.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-25-2008, 05:47 PM
From the presentation:

*Assault on the Shield Generator - Holy balls, this is much better than what they showed! I can't believe they're doing Lt. Renz and the Rebel in disguise, finally.
*Scramble on Yavin - This is too awesome. I suggested an update to Red Leader and his droid as a new question a few weeks ago, and now it's a moot point, since there they are! I love the ground crew and transport too.
*Kmart tin sets - more wastes of time.
*Clone Wars 2009 - Too bad they finally made a good Magnaguard and it's animated. :D Padmé looks great, and I really love the droid.
*ANH wave - freakin' fantastic! Finally the droids are from the films. Luke and Han are long overdue. I LOVE the table with Obi-Wan! It's hard to tell much about the figure but it looks good. The Space Trooper is awesome, and it looks a bit like Joe Johnston. The WED droid is much better than I expected, and the Jawa looks cool too. Finally they have a good cantina table with Brainiac . . . Wioslea is awesome, I've wanted her a long time. It looks like they put Obi-Wan's saber in the picture on accident. Trinto looks weird without the cloak, and Dice's body is interesting, but that's a sweet set.
*Ewok comic pack - why, God, why are they in the comic colors? Hopefully they'll look alright in dioramas and the stormtrooper stuff is removable.
*Pilots comic pack - cool-looking, but the Mon Calamari's color looks off from the Wookieepedia pictures.
*Other comic pack - The Amanin is cool, but I would have rather had a "clean" Sunber. At least we're finally getting Tank.
*Rancor - no surprises here, but still awesome.
*Obi-Wan's new Delta-2 - cool, but I hope they don't redo every Jedi's starfighter now. But I would like his and Anakin's.

Edit: Apparently, Obi-Wan and Brainiac's tables aren't coming. That's retarded . . .

obi-dad
07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks Mr. JJL... you just saved me a whole lotta time. ditto for points 1-3... I don't care about the Clone Wars figures, so we finally disagree about one point. Pretty much agree with your ANH wave comments, though Wioslea has been much further down on my Cantina list. Never cared about the space trooper. And I was very excited about the tables with Obi-Wan & Brainiac until I read the Q&A part... wtf? I mean, at first I thought maybe they are redoing the cantina table to come with the center lamp, but since neither are coming, like I posted in the other thread, I hope this means both scenes are coming soon as playsets/dioramas. I won't be buying the ewoks comic pack, but I agree 100%, why oh why did they come with comic book colors? Only thing below that I want is the Rancor and maybe the pilot comic pack.

bigbarada
07-25-2008, 08:41 PM
From the presentation:

*Assault on the Shield Generator - Holy balls, this is much better than what they showed! I can't believe they're doing Lt. Renz and the Rebel in disguise, finally.
*Scramble on Yavin - This is too awesome. I suggested an update to Red Leader and his droid as a new question a few weeks ago, and now it's a moot point, since there they are! I love the ground crew and transport too.
*Kmart tin sets - more wastes of time.
*Clone Wars 2009 - Too bad they finally made a good Magnaguard and it's animated. :D Padmé looks great, and I really love the droid.
*ANH wave - freakin' fantastic! Finally the droids are from the films. Luke and Han are long overdue. I LOVE the table with Obi-Wan! It's hard to tell much about the figure but it looks good. The Space Trooper is awesome, and it looks a bit like Joe Johnston. The WED droid is much better than I expected, and the Jawa looks cool too. Finally they have a good cantina table with Brainiac . . . Wioslea is awesome, I've wanted her a long time. It looks like they put Obi-Wan's saber in the picture on accident. Trinto looks weird without the cloak, and Dice's body is interesting, but that's a sweet set.
*Ewok comic pack - why, God, why are they in the comic colors? Hopefully they'll look alright in dioramas and the stormtrooper stuff is removable.
*Pilots comic pack - cool-looking, but the Mon Calamari's color looks off from the Wookieepedia pictures.
*Other comic pack - The Amanin is cool, but I would have rather had a "clean" Sunber. At least we're finally getting Tank.
*Rancor - no surprises here, but still awesome.
*Obi-Wan's new Delta-2 - cool, but I hope they don't redo every Jedi's starfighter now. But I would like his and Anakin's.

Edit: Apparently, Obi-Wan and Brainiac's tables aren't coming. That's retarded . . .

My thoughts:
I really want that Rebel in Biker Scout Disguise figure.
The ANH wave looks really good, I might actually buy every figure in that wave except for Ben.
I'll probably get the Rancor too, but I'm not going to drive myself crazy looking for him

I'm kind of relieved that the A-Wing has been pushed off to November; but also a little disappointed that I won't be seeing it tonight.:sad:

El Chuxter
07-28-2008, 09:40 PM
In the entire panel, the only thing that excited me was the Ewok 3-pack. Then I remembered that it'll likely cost $15 at the rate these are climbing in price.

sebillba
07-29-2008, 03:43 AM
I'm kind of relieved that the A-Wing has been pushed off to November; but also a little disappointed that I won't be seeing it tonight.:sad:

Do you mean the A-Wing with Arvel Crynyd? There were stacks of them at my TRU on Saturday.

obi-dad
07-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Do you mean the A-Wing with Arvel Crynyd? There were stacks of them at my TRU on Saturday.

You may be referring to the B-Wing, as the A-Wing is a WalMart exclusive, so it would be difficult to believe they even had one, much less stacks of them... unless they do things differently for WalMart exclusives in the UK.

sebillba
07-29-2008, 07:00 AM
As we don't have WalMarts over here, TRU picks up a lot of the exclusives. It was definitely the A-Wing I saw... I had it in my hands, and considered buying it. They had the B-Wing as well.

obi-dad
07-29-2008, 10:27 AM
*Disturbance at Lars Homestead - nice but definitely NOT worth $50-60. Three old figures, some strange beast we don't know what it is (even if it's a womprat it doesn't mkae this worth purchasing), and the homestead. While it looks like the homestead is removable from the base of the set, it just doesn't justify the price. I'll have to see if there is more included with this set. If not, I may just pass on it, much as I want the actually buidling.

I've posted this elsewhere, but in the slide show and in every site's updates the Sarlac Pit was listed as an Ultimate Battle Pack, but the Disturbance at the Lars Homestead was not. Thus indicating a lower pricetag to me (on the better set, even though you are getting less - you are getting less of what you already have). So, does anyone else agree the price tag is actually probably lower?

jedi master sal
07-29-2008, 04:28 PM
I've posted this elsewhere, but in the slide show and in every site's updates the Sarlac Pit was listed as an Ultimate Battle Pack, but the Disturbance at the Lars Homestead was not. Thus indicating a lower pricetag to me (on the better set, even though you are getting less - you are getting less of what you already have). So, does anyone else agree the price tag is actually probably lower?

Well it should be. three figs we already have and a new beast (that looks to be unarticulated), plus a shell of a house. That shouldn't be anymore than $30.

At $30 I'd buy it in a snap.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2008, 04:23 PM
The cards right in front of the items say the Pit of Carkoon will be $59.99 and the Disturbance at Lars' Homestead will be $49.99.

obi-dad
07-30-2008, 04:32 PM
The cards right in front of the items say the Pit of Carkoon will be $59.99 and the Disturbance at Lars' Homestead will be $49.99.
I know that's easy profit for Hasbro, but it would probably sell better at a lower price and include no figures. That's really a slap in the face to collectors to include POTF2 figures and charge $50 for such a small dio. If they included the AOTC Lars clan or even crispy owen & beru I could see that price.

I mean, would they put a POTF2 figure in the Legends packaging and expect to sell it as a single carded figure? Then why put them in a package to increase the price of one part we want and force us to buy that cr@p? (the figures). :upset:

bigbarada
07-30-2008, 04:43 PM
As we don't have WalMarts over here, TRU picks up a lot of the exclusives. It was definitely the A-Wing I saw... I had it in my hands, and considered buying it. They had the B-Wing as well.

Can you get a picture? That stinks because I can't even find them on Ebay and they usually show up online a few weeks before hitting retail.

sebillba
07-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Can you get a picture? That stinks because I can't even find them on Ebay and they usually show up online a few weeks before hitting retail.

I didn't buy one, but if I go back to TRU I'll try and get a pic. I'm amazed we got it first, that never happens! But don't forget, we have to pay twice the price for it! :rolleyes: I only want the loose figure, so have also been searching ebay.... I guess this explains why none are coming up yet.

sebillba
07-31-2008, 04:54 PM
The A-Wing is also on TRU UK website:

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/TruPromos/Clonewarsactiontoys/461229?ref=Search