PDA

View Full Version : Good luck tonight!

tagmac
07-25-2008, 12:12 PM
To my fellow collectors out there, I just want to wish good luck to those of you going to Midnight Madness. Hopefully it won't be nearly the number of people seen before the prequels, but the fact is, scalpers and hoarders still abound, and nights like this they are always there to ruin it for the rest of us.

Good luck, folks!

JetsAndHeels
07-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the kind words.....

I can tell you though that I think we will be ok tonight. My strategy is get the BMF in my cart first, then go for figures and other things second. I am also taking a friend, because I have found that it is always good to have a second set of hands to get toys.

I have also decided instead of TRU, I will be going to a 24 hour WM which I have already been to before and had plenty of success.

tagmac
07-25-2008, 01:23 PM
That's my plan as well, although I'm only interested in the legacy figures. Got three from wave 2 yesterday plus the Evo packs cuz my target broke the date, but that's about it. Keeping my fingers crossed, and going to TRU about 2 hours early since there are no 24-hour WM's in my area, and only two of the six TRU's in a 50-mile radius will be open tonight.

jedi master sal
07-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks and good luck to you. Or should we say, "May the force be with you"

I'm snagging the BMF and AT-TE first, then other vehicles. I"ll have my fiancee with me who will be snagging wave two then wave one for me then we'll both work on Evolutions and battlepacks together. I could use another person or two...

I'm spending $850 easy tonight if I find everything I want. Dang, I never thought we'd have another night like this again.

I'm excited. So much so I made myself sick with anticipation this morning. Now I just can't wait for the work day to be over with. We have our lawn chairs in the truck, the DS is charged and we've got a cooler for the beverages (nothing alcoholic mind you-it is a kid friendly event and I'm not much of a drinker anyway). I'll literally be at the store from 7pm on to the release. I've evne made a Line List so if people need to take a bathroom break at the Pizza Hut next door, they can and not lose their place in line. I've done this a few times before and it always works out well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-25-2008, 03:26 PM
After a screening of The Dark Knight with a few friends, I'll head out to TRU with my friend and mom, who both wanted to go (my friend said I now have to go to the Starcraft II camp-out whenever they do that, but I didn't force him to go to this tonight :D ). Hopefully I'll get there around 10, and I really have no idea what to expect in terms of lines as I've never been to a MM before (the regular-hour releases last time weren't bad, but I heard WM's midnight release was insane). I hope to get almost everything there, but I'll get the figures at a nearby WM since they're cheaper there. Tomorrow I will likely go to Target at 8 to see about Commander Fox (who might not be out until Sunday, according to Hasbro's list) and anything I missed at TRU or WM.

I can't wait!!! :D

bigbarada
07-25-2008, 03:40 PM
I'll stop by Wal-Mart tonight around 11:45 and see what's there. I've got about $60 set aside for the new A-Wing, Legacy Vader, Yarna, Bane Malar and the Ewok Warrior. If it's true that the A-Wing isn't coming out until November, then I'll probably pick up the Ten Nunb Evolutions set.

I'm actually hoping that my Wal-Mart will take this opportunity to put out the new GI Joe DVD sets and more of the figures.

jamesbondo07
07-25-2008, 03:51 PM
I will try tonight at midnight with my Wal-Mart but I highly dought they will put anything out until tommorrow morning or later. The same goes for Target. It will probably be a 8AM madness for me.:D Good Luck everyone!!!!!!

Umbra
07-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Any chance there is a list out there somewhwere of whats all being released tonight/tomorrow?

Dark Marble
07-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Good Luck to you all too, I don't know if I will make it out tonight but if I am overtaken I will be on the prowl for the Falcon. I hope you all get what you want and keep your eyes peeled for fellow collectors. For me that is the fun, meeting someone that loves this stuff as much as I do and makes room for fellow fans. Happy Hunting!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-25-2008, 07:23 PM
I only did the E1 Midnight Madness, drawn to TRU by a spotlight. After that experience (which really wasn't bad at all), I decided I'll wait for the stuff I want... even if that's just 7-8 hours later! :D

I wish you all "a bunch of simple tricks and nonsense." :lipsrsealed:

JEDIpartner
07-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks!!!! Good Luck And May The Force Be With You All!!!! :)

I'm heading out to check the Target by my house... pump that DCPI in to make sure they didn't "accidentally" sell their Falcons before tomorrow. If they are still showing stock, they are my back up if things don't go well tonight.

After that, meeting Jedi Drew up at Fox and Hound for food and beer before braving the line. :)

General_Grievous
07-25-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm still debating whether to go or not. I came back from bowling and dinner with a bunch of my friends, so if I'm feeling up to it, I'll go at around 11:30.

AmanaMatt
07-25-2008, 11:03 PM
Other than the BMF and ATE, the figs will be easy to find.

CaptainSolo1138
07-25-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm gonna go to bed. Then I'll log in here tomorrow to read people's rants about how everything sucks yet they're going to buy three more of it.

figrin bran
07-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Thanks!!!! Good Luck And May The Force Be With You All!!!! :)

I'm heading out to check the Target by my house... pump that DCPI in to make sure they didn't "accidentally" sell their Falcons before tomorrow. If they are still showing stock, they are my back up if things don't go well tonight.

After that, meeting Jedi Drew up at Fox and Hound for food and beer before braving the line. :)

I did the same thing with the DCPI punches this afternoon. The scary thing was that just about everything read "not in storeroom". Yet the 3 endcaps they put up read "coming July 26".

I actually have one Clone Wars figure in hand - the SDCC exclusive clone. Not a bad figure at all. I saw the AT-TE and BMF on display at SDCC yesterday and let me tell you, they are very impressive!

DarkArtist
07-26-2008, 01:13 AM
i just got back from MM at the Freehold Store in NJ and it was absolute chaos. they actually ran out of product before half the line even got in the store. i was shocked to see so many kids waiting for the figures. things got so hairy with the pushing and the shoving that one kid got seperated from his father. they ran out of grievous within the first 5 minutes of the store opening.

i was able to get a fairly decent amount of stuff (all of Wave 2 of Legacy, almost all the Clone Wars stuff with the exception of Yoda, Dagger B-Wing, 3 Legacy Sets (Padme, Rebel Pilots 2, Imp Pilots), and a V-19.

I felt bad for the kids as the scalpers were out in full force grabbing stock boxes and rushing to the registers. I helped some of the kids get the figures they wanted so that gave me a good feeling.

I just really wish some people would relax and remember that it's just a toy.

Kidhuman
07-26-2008, 01:18 AM
I got back a bit ago from WM I got:

Yarna
Bane
Ak-Rev
Ewok
Vader

Not too bad. The rest of the stuff I will hit Kmart in the AM and stick on lay-a-way

jedibear
07-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Just got back from our Midnight Madness...

Very small but well-behaved crowd. Everyone was helping each other out and being really pleasant aboout it all...a far cry from the ones during the prequels...

Our store had plenty of the CW figures but only one case of the legacy wave 1 (Luke, Yarna, Ewok) and several of wave 2 (Scuba Clone. cartoon figures).

Only a couple of cases of the small vehicles but all of the boxes were crushed :( so no homing droid or new fighter tonite...

They had a good stack of AT-TE's and BMF's but...I gotta show some restraint :)...so I picked up some of the legacy wave (Yarna, Ak-Rev, Ewok, Bane,Luke...out of Vader :() and the CW Greivous (looks really cool), the Padme Evo set (very nice) and got my holo-Greivous and that was that for me tonight.

I was really surprised to see how nice everyone was...made for a good evening of shopping and conversation...

tagmac
07-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Got back from the TRU in Toms River, NJ a little while ago. Got there two hours early, which was a good thing because only a few people were in front of me, and the line got huge by 11:15-11:30.

Was able to get all the legacy figs I needed (almost missed the Scuba Trooper, but I managed to find one on the bottom of a bin, and soon after a few people offered me one in case I hadn't found it), a holo-grievous, the Falcon, and the Evo Rebel Pilots (Janson version). Luckily, my Target had broken the date, so Thursday I pulled off the Evo Imp Pilots and Rebel Pilots #2, as well as Legacy Mon Cal, Quarren, and Clone Armor Kenobi. Picked up Evo Padme at K-Mart last week, which took some of the presure off.

DarkArtist, it was only a little better in Toms River. They let us in in groups, so thanfully I was at the front. By the time we were done, many of the figs were gone, and it didn't look like they had more cases. The four B-Wings were snatched up pretty fast, but three BMF's remained when I left. The people were relatively calm, and a bit helpful, so I'm glad I didn't go to Freehold, which was closer to me, but having been there in the past, figured it would be more overrun with scalpers.

Barring a figure fill-in, I felt bad for the people at the back of the line with their kids. Midnight Madness, and yet they had a fraction of the # of cases the Eatontown store had for ROTS, which was more than enough for everyone, including army builders.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-26-2008, 02:01 AM
Just got back from my local WM where they stocked at midnight. A handful of people, including one scalper, and aside from one angry area manager being an a--, got everything I wanted; will post a list later. We had four skids: one with legacy/CW on them, one with vehicles blasters, one with the falcon and then lego one, which was broken down. And then there were there aisle pegs, which held a few dozen more cases, etc. Very large selection and thank God for my discount card which knocked a good 32 bucks off my total.

No dice on the Evolutions packs though; anybody find them? I'll try to snag a Holo Grievous from TRU.com tomorrow/later today.

I did pick up the homing droid, the torrent fighter and the AT-TE cos it was just AMAZINGLY AWESOME looking.

now, if you'll excuse me, i gotta go back to work at that WM in a few hours for my 8 a.m. shift. night folks!! :thumbsup:

Adam
07-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Popped in to the TRU here for a few, didn't get anything though saving it for my Target run tomorrow. I saw everything except for TLC wave 1 and comic packs. By the time I walked in, the pegs were pretty bare so wave 1could have been there, but oh well. I'm headed for the bullseye for my own little discounts tomorrow, hopefully snag at least the Falcon and AT-TE.

indyjones1981
07-26-2008, 02:35 AM
Went to Toy R US MM in Toledo OH can you believbe this NO BM Falcons!! Some people were ****ed had plenty of AT-TE. Did not get much will be hitting Target & Walmart at 8am .

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-26-2008, 02:44 AM
Went to Toy R US MM in Toledo OH can you believbe this NO BM Falcons!! Some people were ****ed had plenty of AT-TE. Did not get much will be hitting Target & Walmart at 8am .

Toledo?!?!!!?!??!?! I hunt in Toledo from time to time!! I got my master's at UT and will probably be teaching up there in the Fall...but I was always hunting up there. Usually with no luck. The store on Monroe sometimes had stuff, but s. Reynolds was usually bare. I'm in the dayton area for the summer now though.

Happy hunting, fellow Toledo geek! :thumbsup:

indyjones1981
07-26-2008, 02:53 AM
Small world. Went to UT also and a native of Toledo. Monroe St had the MM this time not S. Reynolds. Wonder if any other people ran into to NO BMF at Toys R US MM.

bigbarada
07-26-2008, 03:10 AM
I just got back from the Super WM in Litchfield, IL and not much of a crowd. In fact, I was the only person there except for the lady stocking the pegs and the guy buffing the floor.lol So I had free reign of everything that was being put out.

Several cases of CW figures, glanced at them, not interested. Several cases of Legacy wave 1 and the new Saga Legends. Also the new $20 vehicles, Galactic Heroes and Battle Packs. No Evolutions sets though.:sad:

In addition to the stuff in the toy aisle, there was also one island display for the figures, another one for the AT-TE, a third island for the Clone helmets/RP Lightsabers and finally a fourth island display for the Falcon. Not a bad showing for a small southern Illinois town.

I wasn't interested in any of the big stuff, so I just focused on figures. I started out by grabbing a bunch of figures, then slowly started putting them all back. In the end I walked out of the store with one Vader (with the 1st Day of Issue sticker) and a Yarna for my brother.

I'm actually kind of proud of myself for showing so much restraint. This is the first Midnight Madness where I haven't blown my budget. I went in expecting to spend about $60 and walked out spending only $14 (and only $7 of that being spent on myself).

My biggest disappointment? No GI Joe DVD sets or any new figures at all. Ah well.

Incidentally, I was actually kind of worried that once I saw the new Millennium Falcon that I would feel compelled to throw it in my cart and buy it immediately, but it was honestly not as large as I was expecting. I'm sure it's impressive once opened up, but I'll just have to take everyone's word for that. The AT-TE box seemed less than impressive as well.

Anakin Palpatine
07-26-2008, 03:29 AM
I went to the only Toys R Us that seemed to be open in the Northern Illinios area in Niles and showed up 15 minutes after the doors open. Went to 4 others before finding this one to be open. Walked in and all the figures were gone except the usual. Tons of Falcons and Boba Fett Evolution sets. Jedi Starfighters and B-Wings were scattered through out the store, like they had been picked up and ditched. By the time I was leaving, only R2 and Obi Wan were on the shelves.

I picked up 2 AT-TE's and 2 Falcons and passed on everything else. The Falcon is the best Hasbro Vehicle/playset of all time and worth the hefty $160 + tax. I might just hold it while I sleep tonight. Ccome on the box has handles on the side of it so if you haven't seen one yet, it's friggin huge! Thank You Hasbro! For once Thank You!!! No drop the price of G.I. Joe figures back to $4.99 after all oil prices are going down.

jedi master sal
07-26-2008, 03:30 AM
Too much to post and too late. I'm falling asleep even now as I type this. I'll post in the late morning of the great time I had.

Luke81
07-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Man i stayed up and went to my local Toys R' Us, and they flaked. They did not open, even though they had advertised it for over two weeks. I knew I should've gone today and asked to confirm. That sucked.

Ji'dai
07-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Rather leisurely midnight madness for me. Went to the nearest 24-hour Super Wal-Mart and waited patiently for them to bring the toys out. It was closer to 1 AM by the time they got all the pallets rolled out.

I was pretty much the lone shopper there. Only competition I had was an employee that wanted a Yoda & Chewie for a "friend" and another collector that came a little later. So I went through the figs on the island display and the ones on the pegs and picked out the best paint jobs. I checked out the BMF and AT-TE but decided not to get them.
I only ended up getting 10 figures: Legacy figs #1-7, #12, and a Clone Wars R2.

I was really impressed with the Clone Trooper helmet. It really looked like a nice toy. I wish I had quality role-play stuff like that when I was a kid.

I was thinking about going to TRU later this morning. Are there any new Comic Packs or Evolution sets out today?

Adam
07-26-2008, 03:36 AM
Evos are popping up, I haven't seen anything about comic packs though.

AmanaMatt
07-26-2008, 03:59 AM
Went to my local Walmart tonight/this morning around 1am, and they had BMFs, AT-TEs, Clone figs and legacy out! I was the only one there, going through figs.

Scored my BMF (hell yeah!!!), Vader (two piece helmet), Yarna and Bane Malor! I am passing on the entire Clone Wars line, but I liked the smaller packaging compared to legacy stuff.

Still hate the Legacy packaging....picked up three to have carded with 'first day' issue stickers....whooooooohoooooo!

Ji'dai
07-26-2008, 04:02 AM
I saw quite a few First Day of Issue stickers. But since I'm an opener, it matters not.

Sounds like people are finding new Evo sets out there today. Either my store didn't have them or hasn't put any out yet.

I was looking at my receipt, and Legacy figures cost $6.77 while Clone Wars figures rang up $6.94. I didn't buy any Legends figures, I wonder what WM is charging for them. Hopefully we'll see a price rollback this fall like last year.

Cane_Adiss
07-26-2008, 04:16 AM
Went to my local WalMart around quarter past midnight. Was able to score Yarna, Bane Malar, Ak-Rev, Quarren soldier, IG Lancer, and Saesee Tiin. For some reason, even though the employee was JUST putting the figures out, I wasn't able to score the Mon Calamari, Padme, the Ewoks or any evolutions sets. Oh well, I'll get to them eventually. I'm not too thrilled about the clone wars figures, though I will probably get Asajj and Plo Koon when theyre released.

bigbarada
07-26-2008, 04:30 AM
Still hate the Legacy packaging....picked up three to have carded with 'first day' issue stickers....whooooooohoooooo!

I toyed with the idea of getting a second Vader so I wouldn't have to open my "1st Day" Vader, but I noticed that the 1st Day Vaders had better paint apps on their faces and the helmet parts weren't warped inside the bubbles. So I just got the one and opened him up once I got home.

Pretty good figure, the helmet fits together better than I expected, but it sits a little high on his head. Not a big deal though. My only real complaint is that his left hand is sculpted in a "force choke" pose and his right hand is too wide open to hold his lightsaber. So I might do some hand swapping with one of my TAC Vaders. Overall, I still think the 2005 Evolutions Vader is the best Vader figure ever made.

tagmac
07-26-2008, 09:02 AM
After my haul last night, it wasn't necessary to go anywhere this morning, but I figured I'd give it a shot for the exclusives, and to see if anything new in GI JOE or Batman. went to WM first, and only one other guy was there for figs. unfortunately, no sign of the 501st Clone or the Lando/Stormy comic pack, so I left. Went to Target, and about three other guys were also there. They actually had Commander Fox (even though it was advertised for tomorrow), so I picked one up. Honestly, had I known it would be this easy, and if not for the holo-Greivous, I would have skipped out on last night, and still gotten the whole Legacy set and the BMF.

I skipped the Clone Wars toon line altogether, save for one clone, for the "1st day" sticker, and Fox, since it was an exclusive. Only the realistic-style Clone Wars figs for me, to add to the previous ones I had gotten back in '03-'04.

Unfortunately, no luck with the DVD GI JOE sets, nor did they have any Movie Master Batman figs, of which I only want to get a TDK Batman fig to go with the Joker MM figure I lucked out on at Target on Thursday.

sebillba
07-26-2008, 10:05 AM
I don't know if my TRU was doing a MM, couldn't find anything about it on their website, so I didn't bother going. I'm at work today, so plan on going straight from here. I looked in Woolworths in my lunchbreak - they only had a small selection of the animated figs, and they were £7.99 each!!!!! You guys complain about the prices going up to $7.99... try paying over $15 for each figure!!!

I'll still go to TRU tonight, but if they're the same price, I'm going to order online, as I can save around £6 per wave.

I did actually like the CW figures in person... quite a lot. I have to resist though, I'll save so much money if I can pass on the whole line (but I still want a Yoda!!).

jamesbondo07
07-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Went to Wal-Mart last night and target this morning. Found most of the figures at Wal-Mart but no Falcon or AT-TE. However I found the vehicles at Target. I had to beat one other guy to the falcon but overall a uneventful MM for me.

Jedi_Kal-El
07-26-2008, 11:03 AM
I went to Target this morning, and they'd been pretty much cleaned out even though they didn't open at midnight last night. They were down to one BMF and AT-TE, the CW figs looked untouched, but only Bane, and a few SL figs were left from TLC. No new comic packs, and the only Evo sets they had left were the re-packs.

jamesbondo07
07-26-2008, 11:48 AM
I didn't relize that the build a droid parts were going to be randomly put in the packages. I figured they would be a certain part for each figure. Oh well, that makes it easier to get the droid even if you can't find all the figures you want.

jedi master sal
07-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Okay here's my report (and is a repost from the July Huals thread):

Midnight Madness HAUL!

First let me point out that TRU figure prices were $6.99 each, not the $7.99 that was anticipated. That alone saved me more than $30.

Second, I got so much I had to think about what I wanted to open first. So, after a couple of minutes I decided on giving that honor to Yarna since I had waited for her for so long. (please post what you opened first for your midnight madness haul and if there was any reason for your choice-I'm just curious).

Okay so here we go:

Legacy Wv 1
Han X1
Luke X1
Chewie X1
Vader X1
Yarna X1
Ak-Rev X1
Ewoks (Leektar and Nippet) X2 (using the other for a custom)

Legacy wv 2
Obi-wan X1
Saesee Tiin X1
Padme X1
Clone (with quad gun) X1
IG lancer droid X3
Mon Cal warrior X2 (wanted 5)
Quarren warrior X2 (wanted 5)
Scuba trooper X5

Evolutions Padme X1
Evolutions Imperial pilots X1 (wanted 2)

missed both Rebel sets. In fact only one set was found by someone at my local TRU and I was the only person to have the sole Imperial set...

Galactic Heroes:
Jar Jar/Destroyer droid X1
Plo Koon/Captain Jag X1
Shaak Ti/Magnaguard X1
Slave Leia/Bar2-D2 X1

Set of 3 lightsaber stylus for the DS <--very cool, IMO

Ships:
AT-TE X1 YES!!!
Falcon X1 <--of course...
Homing Spider Droid X3
V-19 X1
B-wing X1

LEGO:
TRU exclusive Homing Spider Droid set

So other than a few extras and the Rebel Pilots evolutions, I had an amazing haul.

I showed up at my local TRU at 6pm! First in line of course. I was prepared with a line list for people to sign into so they could hold there place in line, in case they needed to go across the street to the Pizza Hut to use the bathroom. I made my own "visual wants list" using pics from the net. This was to benefit my fiancee so she new exactly what to look for. I went into the store a few times to check on the progress of the set-up and just chat with the workers, many of which I've known for years now. Next person in line didn't show until 8:30pm, it stayed slow with about 8 people up until 11pm, THEN finally the rush of people was on, and the line extended to just under 60 people. Many kids, which surprised me just a little. Not because of their interest, but because their parents would bring them out so late. I was very happy to see that though. The kids bought mostly LEGO and the animated stuff (along with ships) and the adult collectors went more for the Legacy stuff. It was a huge success for my local store as they either sold out of some things or were severely low in stock. It's both good and bad. Good because sales were great. Bad because they won't get a truck for about a week, so the shelves look kind of bare right now and the toys just hit.

I of course knew several people that were in line. Some being fellow local collectors from my local club, some friends for years now, one of which I hadn't seen in about a year, so that was very cool.

It was a blast and I held my perfect record of being first in line. It's not that I have to be the first to get the stuff, it's (for me) a way of showing loyalty to the line that I take the extra effort to be their early and hopefully first.

Anyway, when all was said and done, I got home around 1:15am. I only opened 6 figures. I was just too darned tired.

So for the finale...

Total spent: $720.74

I had $875 in gift cards and cash and would have spent it all had I been able to get the evo sets and the extra figs I wanted. Since I buy my gift cards from my local grocery chain that gives money off on gas at their gas stations per $50 you spend, I ended up racking up $2.50 per gallon of gas off the next time I use my "Fuel Perks."

Wow what a night!

Most likely the last one, and it was worth it!
-Sal

P.S. I forgot, a couple of my buds that were at TRU went up to the WM afterwards to look for stuff they missed. WM didn't put ANYTHING out!!! hah! Wow, did WM lose BIG last night in my area. And I know for a fact that there was at least 20 people there waiting for the stuff to be put out (a report I got by cell phone form one of those buds). Man, I would have been PSSD if I'd have waited all that time for nothing. I didn't bother to go out this morning. With such few things I need to get, I'm sure I'll find it in the next few weeks before the next waves of things show up

---edit, on top of this I completely forgot to look for the Hoth Patrol and Speederbike sets. But I know I did'n't see then at my store or I would have picked them up. Word is they are out in my area. I'll be out later, so I'll check on those as well as the Rebel EVO sets I missed last night.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-26-2008, 01:00 PM
I also went the morning route. Went to the 24hr W*M around 7am, and found a few 1st Day stickers (Grievous & Clone Trooper were bought) plus Yarna, icy Padme, regular Vader, and Ewoks. Then, went to the closest Target for the 8am door opening to find... that they were just starting to set up their display. ?!? :confused: Everyone passed on the $12.99 price tag on the "exclusive" Captain Tevo or whatever the heck the clone is, and they had no Falcons or ATs (just flying ships) and just 2 cases of figures. Figures.

Then, I went to the next-closest Target, saw a Falcon and AT (left 'em for those willing and excited to pay) but bought a 1st Day Obi-Wan w/ backpack, Battle-Damaged Vader (been looking for this one at retail for a while), an Anakin 1st Day for a friend, and two Special Dark Hershey's Syrups and a Dr. Grip non-gel pen (hey, there are other needs in life :rolleyes: ).

For not being up at midnight, I'd say not too bad. I'm probably done with figure buying for a while, too. I'll pass on more than I'll buy, but the cool ones I missed (Scuba Clone [dumb idea, but it looks cool on the back of the card] IG Lancer, Bane, etc.) may make it in my cart in the future.

DarthQuack
07-26-2008, 02:07 PM
I wish I could have gone out last night or this morning...unfortunately, work at 4am prohibited me from doing so.....I really do want to get a BMF....but it'll have to wait til I have a few weeks of OT worked....other needs right now....I really want to get back in to collecting too....just comes in waves.

sebillba
07-26-2008, 02:31 PM
I went to TRU straight from work - they were well stocked with basic figures, but only animated and TLC wave 1, all at £7.99 each. I found four of wave 2 - no Mon Cal, Quarren, Saesee (the main 3 I wanted) or Scuba Trooper. The manager went to seek them out for me, but reported back they hadn't come in yet, so I put back the other four, intending to order the whole wave online.... got home to do this, and found they had now sold out.:mad:

Anyway, I got all of TLC wave 1 and an animated Yoda.... plus 3 free holo Grievouses, which will go straight on ebay.

They had Falcons, AT-TEs, A-Wing, and a Dagger Squadron B-Wing. I almost got the A-Wing, but only really want the pilot, so I'll look for that loose on ebay. I was worried I might cave in and get the Falcon if I actually saw it, but tbh, just seeing the box wasn't much more exciting than seeing the pics online. They really should've had a demo model out to see it properly - that might've tempted me more.

Didn't see any Evo sets, so they'll have to come from the net as well.

General_Grievous
07-26-2008, 02:58 PM
I skipped out on midnight madness last night and opted to go today at around 11:00. I was able to get everything that I wanted, but I had to go to two TRUs, a Target and a Wal-Mart. I started out at a Toys R Us that held a MM sale last night. This turned out to be a mistake, as the pegs were completely bare save for a few Clone Wars figures (Anakin, Obi-Wan, clones and droids). The only thing they had plenty of was the Millennium Falcon, which I admired for a good minute or two. That's some impressive work by Hasbro. No Evolutions in sight, though.

After that TRU let me down, I drove a couple towns over where there's a Target, Wal-Mart and another TRU in close proximity. I checked out Target first. Nothing there that wasn't at the first TRU, except instead of the Millennium Falcon, they had quite a few AT-TEs. Not too shabby. If I were still buying vehicles, this would have been a much more expensive day for me.

At this point I started to worry that I wouldn't be able to find TLC wave 1, but that feeling was subdued when I went to the other Toys R Us. This one did not hold a midnight launch, so there was a lot more stuff available. I was able to pick up the first four figures of TLC wave 1 (No Yarnas or Vaders in sight) and a couple of the new Evolution packs. They seemed to have plenty of the second wave as well. I saw a lot of General Obi-Wans and Mon Calamari Warriors.

Finally I hit the nearby Wal-Mart, where I was greeted with the remainder of what I needed, including Yarna and the rest of wave 1. It was here that I also spotted a lone Clone Wars Yoda, which I decided to pick up on an impulse buy.

So today I was able to get:

-Sandstorm Han
-Sandstorm Luke
-Sandstorm Chewie
-Leektar and Nippet
-Bane Malar
-Ak-Rev
-Yarna D'al Gargan (FINALLY!!!!!!)
-Darth Vader w/ removable helmet (Probably the last Vader I'll ever need to buy)
-"Clone Wars" Yoda
-Padme Evolutions set
-Rebel Pilots Evolutions set (with Janson and Ten Nunb)

It all came to a total of $110. Much, much less than the ROTS midnight madness. But overall, it was a good day.

AmanaMatt
07-26-2008, 03:02 PM
I toyed with the idea of getting a second Vader so I wouldn't have to open my "1st Day" Vader, but I noticed that the 1st Day Vaders had better paint apps on their faces and the helmet parts weren't warped inside the bubbles.

I actually noticed this too - I bought two of this one, and Yarna (carded and loose) - I saw the '1st day issues' did have cleaner paint apps on Vader - I ended up opening a non 1st day issue one, but it looked pretty good. The Helmet does fit real well, but on mine, he can hold his saber in his left hand pretty easily. The two piece helmet edges this one as my fav, just over Evolutions slightly, though that one will always have a special place in my collection since it has the wonderful Sabastian Shaw likeness and ball jointed elbows!

My total haul since last night: $225 (much of that the BMF)

bigbarada
07-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Well, I got sucked in a bit more this afternoon. I went back to Wally World and the first thing that struck me was an overweight red-headed guy going through all the figures. He looked up at me like he had been caught stealing, and made a b-line out of there. I found another 1st Day Vader sitting right up front, so I picked it up (this will be my MOC version). Then I came within a hair's breath of getting sucked into the Clone Wars line.

I thought to myself, "Why not get one 1st Day Clonetrooper for the Clone Wars cartoon?" So I picked up one, then realized that I needed another one to open, maybe two more to open. And why not get a Captain Rex and Yoda while I was at it? Then they need something to fight, so why not grab a Homing Spider Droid and, how much money do I have the bank again? Can I afford an AT-TE...?

I had also grabbed a second Yarna for myself, Bane, the Ewoks and Han, when I finally realized what I was doing. So I put all the CW stuff back without even looking at it and decided to just focus on the ROTJ figures. I decided that the Han would look pretty cool on my Skiff, then realized that I should get Chewie and, since that would leave me only one droid leg away from completing the R4-D6, then I might as well get Luke too.

Overall, I spent another $50, and I'm pretty satisfied with the figures.

Luke, Han and Chewie are not bad for what they are, although I've gotten really spoiled by the hip articulation of the new GI Joe figures. I've decided to create an offscreen battle on my Skiff. Since we're missing nearly half of the figures necessary to recreate the Skiff Battle on the Prisoner Skiff and well over half of the figures needed for the Second Skiff, I figured I might as well just make up my own battle.

Yarna, Bane and Ewoks are really nice figures. I'm glad I got them.

Now I'm just missing one figure to complete both Build-A-Droids: Ak Rev; but if Umpass Stay is any indication, he won't be hard to find at all. Besides I don't really like that R7 droid too much, so I'm in no rush to complete him.

Umbra
07-26-2008, 05:41 PM
I stopped in at the local Walmart and Target before i went in to work today, so around 9 am. at WalMArt picked up

-Clone Wars Tiin
-Clone Wars Obi Wan
-Snow Bunny Padme

Thought about the rest of the wave but decided to pass as I dont have the space at the moment for many figures. I found the last remaining remnants of wave 1, a sandstorm luke and Han, but no Bane Malor like I wanted ;-; THere were a few animated first day stickers hanging out still, but since i'm a loose collector generally and wasnt too interested in this animated wave a gave them a pass

Target only had more Wave 2 and Animated, Actually saw the Transport which surprised me, but obviously had to give it a pass. THey had the repackaged Evos there too though and I ended up picking up the Sith Legacy Evo as I had missed it before and wanted a nihilus fig. Contemplated the Fett one as the figures looked good in person but I have a number of Jango and Bobas so I passed as well

I'm hoping to stop by a toysrus tomorrow or maybe even later tonight to see if i can't find wave 1 as i want Bane Malor and Ak Rev.

Also the rebel pilots Legacy 2 would be nice

Neuroleptic
07-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Well, I wasn't able to go get anything until after work. I stopped by Walmart first.

What did I find there?

The same garbage they have had the last three months, with not a SINGLE clone wars figure in sight. Absolutly nothing. No re-set for it or anything. I was preaty erked by that.

So I took my bisuness to target since I needed to pick up a few welcome mats (the ONLY thing I buy at Wally world is star wars figures) anyway.

I found R2 (one of only two clone wars figures I am going to be getting) Darth vader with removable helmet, and I got the sand storm luke since I don't have ANY version of luke in my collection and I figured he looked ok with vader without all the sand storm stuff on.

I gotta say, Luke has the worst head sculpt I have ever seen . . . but he's scaled perfectly to vader.

Vader is cool. He's now standing on my shelf next to luke ready to end ROTJ how it SHOULD have ended. By cutting off that fuuuuuugly head sculpt.

R2 I gotta say is actualy preaty darn cool. If they make one like this for the legacy collection, it will deffinetly be the last R2 I ever buy.

Still need the rebel pilot set since it was the only one of the legacy collection sets I didn't see (and the only one I want!)

And the rest of the figures come out later this year that I want.

I may hit up Wal Mart tomorow and see if they have gotten off there butts and gotten to work yet.

AmanaMatt
07-26-2008, 06:50 PM
I went the TRU today and got the

Lancer droid

'Realistic' General Kenobi in Clone Gear (what's he trying to do, crap out the Death Star?)

Animated Grevious (the line suckered me in with just this one, may get animated threepio when it hits, but thats it)

Will go back to Wally World and get one Ewok set and an extra Bane Malor

TeeEye7
07-26-2008, 07:52 PM
...the first thing that struck me was an overweight red-headed guy going through all the figures. He looked up at me like he had been caught stealing, and made a b-line out of there.

Musta been because of that "I *heart* Matt Hughes" t-shirt you we're wearing, BigB! ;)

I've been trying to resist all of this, but all the excitement just may get me to fight the crowds, too. I need to pickup that Rubens-esque girl, at least.

bigbarada
07-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Musta been because of that "I *heart* Matt Hughes" t-shirt you we're wearing, BigB! ;)

That's possible, but that shirt is usually a pretty good conversation starter. :Par:

:D

JetsAndHeels
07-26-2008, 08:29 PM
I did pretty good with everything I got....I went to a super Wm in Raleigh and got all the figures I wanted. I ended up getting all of them in the Legacy Collection except the ewoks. I got all the clone wars figures except the battle droid.

At midnight it was just me and another guy. The employee let us look through the cases and just grab what we wanted.

Since that store had no BMF's, I drove back home and checked the 24 hr WM in town. They had the BMF so I grabbed that.

I am very happy with all my stuff, and I am about to go open my BMF, which should be alot of fun.

plasticfetish
07-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Did midnight madness about 15 hours late today. (Screw it. I worked last night. Today's my day off, and I hate shopping on Saturday.)

Only picked up an animated clone w/ 1st day sticker on it for now. That'll be the only thing I keep carded anyway, so I'm in no big rush for the rest.

Between hitting TRU and a Target, I saw pretty much everything, minus one or two figures. Both still had the BAFF (big as f*** Falcon) out, and each had at least one AT-TE out also. Only saw one V-19, but the box was sort of smashed so I skipped it for now.

I think we'll have a pretty good shot at getting this stuff through the end of August, so I'm not going to rush on any of it. I did like most of what I saw though. The OT stuff was all good, and even the animated figures--though not a huge deal to me--were pretty cool.

obi-dad
07-26-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm very happy... I spent $12X.xx (from a certain point of view) and got the entire wave one Legacy figures, both rebel pilots Evo sets, both Hoth battlepacks and the BMF. That was all I wanted... still trying to decide on a few other things (like the Padme Evo set), but I'm good for now. :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
07-26-2008, 09:11 PM
I went out again this afternoon to see if I could pick up some of the scraps left from my wants list. I managed to score the Hoth Patrol Battle pack (Han and Chewie one). Though I apparently missed the Hoth Biker set (I had received a tip form a local collecting friend about the battle packs being there, but didn't get there in time to get both of them as he reported to me that they were both there).

I got a call at about 6pm from another collecting friend. He found more figs at my local WM. Apparently there were more a few aisles down from the main display and this time it WAS Legacy figs. (I had been there earlier in the day and either these weren't out or I missed them-but on a good note I found the Rebel I evolutions set and it rang up for only $15!) He picked me up the extra Mon Cals and Quarren I wanted, so I'm totally caught up on Wv 1 & 2 Legacy. In fact all I need is the Hoth Biker ste and the Rebel II Evolutions set (which I haven't seen anyone else reporting being found) and I'm totally caught up (for about two weeks until the next waves of new stuff roll in.

Including the two sets I got today and the figures I'll get from my buddy tomorrow, that's another $82.39 for a total of $803.13 spent this weekend.

bigbarada
07-26-2008, 09:14 PM
I went out again this afternoon to see if I could pick up some of the scraps left from my wants list. I managed to score the Hoth Patrol Battle pack (Han and Chewie one). Though I apparently missed the Hoth Biker set (I had received a tip form a local collecting friend about the battle packs being there, but didn't get there in time to get both of them as he reported to me that they were both there).

I got a call at about 6pm from another collecting friend. He found more figs at my local WM. Apparently there were more a few aisles down from the main display and this time it WAS Legacy figs. (I had been there earlier in the day and either these weren't out or I missed them-but on a good note I found the Rebel I evolutions set and it rang up for only $15!) He picked me up the extra Mon Cals and Quarren I wanted, so I'm totally caught up on Wv 1 & 2 Legacy. In fact all I need is the Hoth Biker ste and the Rebel II Evolutions set (which I haven't seen anyone else reporting being found) and I'm totally caught up (for about two weeks until the next waves of new stuff roll in.

Including the two sets I got today and the figures I'll get from my buddy tomorrow, that's another $82.39 for a total of $803.13 spent this weekend.

They had the Hoth Biker sets at my Wal-Mart last night. I'll probably stop in again sometime this weekend, so I'll see if it's still there.

Adam
07-26-2008, 09:46 PM
I didn't relize that the build a droid parts were going to be randomly put in the packages. I figured they would be a certain part for each figure. Oh well, that makes it easier to get the droid even if you can't find all the figures you want.

They are not random. The greatest hit figures from wave one share the Sandstorm Trio and Ewoks droid parts, but they are not random, each figure does have a certain part.

In fact all I need is the Hoth Biker ste and the Rebel II Evolutions set (which I haven't seen anyone else reporting being found) and I'm totally caught up (for about two weeks until the next waves of new stuff roll in.

I didn't see set #2 today but last week when I couldn't afford it I did. :tired:

Anyway, started out early this morning and the first Target I hit had put out... just the new battlepacks. I had half-second freak out then left to hit another Target and they had everything EXCEPT the battlepacks. (And the comic packs since no one seems to have found those at all.)

So I picked up:
BMF
AT-TE
Sandstorm Trio
Evo Trooper to complete the droid
Saga Legends Clone
Animated Clone
Homing Spider Droid

Went out again a couple of hours ago and got:
Rebel Pilots #1 (Janson)
SL SBD
Clone Helmet (To go with the Vader and Optimus Prime helmet. :D )

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2008, 10:38 PM
I went out last night and I'm still pretty tired but it was awesome! After dropping off two other friends after seeing The Dark Knight (which was fantastic), my other friend and I went home, got my mom (she likes these "events" as much as I do), and went to TRU, getting there about 10:40 or so. There were about 25-30 people in line ahead of us, and a guy was walking around and telling everyone that there were only 24 Grievouses, and already 24 people in line, so don't get your hopes up. I figured, eh, whatever, hopefully I'd get him online in a few years. A lady came out and started handing out tickets for Holo Grievous, though, and we got the last one! That was pretty cool. She also told everyone that we were limited to 12 items at any given pricepoint (12 figures, 12 $20 items, etc.). By midnight, there were at least 30 more people in line behind us. There were also guys dressed up like a sandtrooper, AOTC clone, Bacara, and Rex, which was cool.

When we finally got in, I grabbed a Falcon and put it in the cart, which my mom guarded. I went up to the figures with a crapload of other people and started getting some, and my friend held them as I looked for more. I was glad that the figures were only $6.99. I was extremely surprised to see the B-wing, which I didn't get. I also didn't get the AT-TE there, but got a lot of other stuff. They had a few Fett sets, but Boba's damn logo was still missing, so that sucked. The pegs were pretty much completely empty save for a few crappy Legends figures, but even those sold surprisingly well. The total there was around $320.

We then went to the nearby 24-hour WM, which some of the people from TRU decided to do as well. I got a few more figures, an Evolutions set, and caved and bought the AT-TE (I was waiting to get it at Target, but my friend said I should, and it was just too damn awesome). We then had the world's saltiest fries from the McDonald's in the store. :D I spent around $200 there.

I then got home and went to sleep since I was tired as nuts. I'm still not done opening everything I got, but here's the list:
*Millennium Falcon (first item bought and opened - just amazing)
*Legacy wave 1 - every figure
*Legacy wave 2 - IG Lancer Droid, Obi-Wan, Mon Calamari Warrior
*Clone Wars - all but Yoda and Rex (I got the mail-away Rex earlier in the day but he was nowhere to be seen that night . . .)
*Legends Super Battle Droid (looks great but the right leg joint is terribly loose)
*Rebel Pilot Series II Evolutions (didn't realize it was the second one until I got home)
*Padmé Evolutions
*Sith Legacy Revolutions (repack, I missed it the first time)
*Homing Spider Droid
*V-19 Torrent Starfighter
*AT-TE (can't wait to open this)

I will go tomorrow and look at a few Targets for Fox and other stuff. It's a shame their figures are a dollar more than WM and TRU, but that's pretty much how it was for ROTS, too. I expected to spend around $800, but $520 in one night is pretty good. :D All in all, it was really fun and I'm really glad I went.

doch18
07-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Four stops later, and haven't found the Rebel I Evolutions anywhere, and not many of II in my part of Southern Illnois.

Ji'dai
07-27-2008, 12:15 AM
With my purchase of the Rebel Pilots I at TRU this afternoon and the 10 figures I got at midnight madness, I spent a grand total of $94.01 on Star Wars for the big day.

Still would like to get the Padme and Rebel Pilots II sets, but I'll have to wait until they're restocked.

Not a bad haul all told. Got all the figures I wanted and was tempted to buy the others, but all my figure displays are more geared for OT scenes.

I know I spent much, much more on the Indiana Jones toy release back in May.

General_Grievous
07-27-2008, 01:29 AM
I just realized that I completely forgot to look for the Rebel Pilots II Evolutions set. But I guess that's a good thing. The only one I really want in that set is the A-Wing Pilot, and it's no use to spend $20 to get one figure.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Well, from the first day, I spent more than I thought I would (doesn't that always seem to be the case? :rolleyes: )... about a hundred dollars. How much does a candybar cost? About a hundred dollars.

Bought 10 figs:
Just Chillin' Padme,
Backpack ObiWan,
Movin' Arms Grievous,
Palace Groove Yarna,
E-wok Fam-a-lee,
Bane dude,
Clone Trooper (yawn),
Cartoon R2,
Vader done broke down, and
Vader ain't broked yet.

and the Clone Wars non-junior novel.

Missed a couple of figures, but I figure (pun always intended) I'll see some of them over the next few weeks here and there. Not really any desire for vehicles. No small LEGO sets, just gigantic ones. Also, no trading card packs, so I'll try some of the comic/cards stores around. No folders or 3-ring binders (I like those for storing stuff).

jedi master sal
07-27-2008, 11:26 AM
picked up some figures from a friend who was looking out for me yesterday.

As well I scored two of the Hoth Biker sets.

So all I need is the Rebel II evo set.

Anyone needing the Reb I set? I can find those fairly easy. If so, then let's trade. You get the Reb II for me and I'll get the Reb I for you.

with this last purchase for the weekend, my total reached $855.93. So I just made it within budget.

Phantom-like Menace
07-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Well, I couldn't make Midnight Madness--not even sure my TRU did it. I went Saturday afternoon in hopes of getting the AT-TE from TRU. They didn't have it! They didn't even have a label for it. They had the BMF, but I'm not interested. I did grab the quad clone, the V-19, and the Rebel pilots pack with Farlander from TRU, and my brother picked up one of the Kashyyyk troopers there too. I was looking for the scuba clone and the second pilot pack. I was tempted on the Imperial pilots pack but passed. I'll get it later.

Otherwise, I had to give my 107.49 to Target instead for the AT-TE. Hopefully when I get my second I can give my money to TRU. That thing really is a beast. My family's 18 1/2 lb. terrier mix is terrified of it, and I haven't even been mean enough to subject him to the sound effects. Of course, the AT-TE is bigger than he is. I definitely understand the gripes about the leg issues, but it's still a great diorama piece. I can't wait to get a clone army standing around it.

The Torrent was pretty cool, and I liked everything else well enough. The BAF thing is bothering me. I really want all of the droids but find myself really loathing either task of getting all of the figures (especially Yarna) or trading/buying the parts. I've done Marvel Legends and assembled several BAFs (Galactus, 3 1/2 sentinels, Apocalypse, M.O.D.O.K., Giant Man, Onslaught, and Blob), but for some reason these just seem overwhelming. Maybe it's just that I've never had more than one BAF I absolutely want at the same time. Giant Man, Mojo and M.O.D.O.K. came out at roughly the same time, but I only wanted Giant Man and got M.O.D.O.K. largely because I wanted every figure but Beta Ray Bill and went ahead and got him just to finish the BAF. That, and I'm not really keeping up with which figures come with what parts.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they'll do with the femal pilot body (Jaina, of course).

So, not a really big day for me. Largely AT-TE day in my mind. I'm just not enormously excited by most of the figures. I probably should have picked up Bane Malor but forgot in my AT-TE excitement.

DarkArtist
07-27-2008, 12:41 PM
stopped by Walmart yesterday around 4 and found Yarna, Bane Malor, Rebel Pilots 1 (which rang up for $15) and picked up Clone Wars Yoda, and another Heavy Gunner Clone Trooper (now have 3), and another Scuba Trooper (2 total).

was told that the line to get in yesterday morning was wrapped around the building and that the entire front of the store was all star wars, by the time I got there all that was left of the merchandise had been on the shelves in the regular toy aisles

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Didn't feel like getting up for any Target nonsense with Commander Fox (flashbacks of Ep. III exclusive Vader, but I didn't think it would be that bad, but still....), so decided to call today and found they had some left. I headed up there and snagged one. Also got the Padme Evolution and the Rebel Pilots II. They had the Fett and Sith ones, but I also have and the Imperial Pilots one is just repacks/EU stuff, which I don't do.

Still no luck on the first Rebel Pilots, but i'll keep my eyes peeled! :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Today I got Commander Fox at Target (obviously). They didn't have anything else I needed . . . are they even carrying the Falcon at all? I didn't see space for it. It seemed like they had been cleaned out fairly well.

At WM, though, I got several more figures; of the current ones, I only still need the quad cannon Clone. I also got the Fett set with the correct logo (that's frankly an underwhelming set) and the Imperial Pilots set (which actually kind of sucks; Jag is the best one, but his lower half is reused).

figrin bran
07-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Didn't feel like getting up for any Target nonsense with Commander Fox (flashbacks of Ep. III exclusive Vader, but I didn't think it would be that bad, but still....), so decided to call today and found they had some left. I headed up there and snagged one. Also got the Padme Evolution and the Rebel Pilots II. They had the Fett and Sith ones, but I also have and the Imperial Pilots one is just repacks/EU stuff, which I don't do.

Still no luck on the first Rebel Pilots, but i'll keep my eyes peeled! :thumbsup:

Interestingly enough, all I've seen are Rebel Pilots I and would love to get Pilots II.

jedi master sal
07-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Interestingly enough, all I've seen are Rebel Pilots I and would love to get Pilots II.

I'm in the same boat figgy.

Anyone needing help aquiring Rebel Pilots I let me know. If you can hook me up with Rebel Piltos II, then we'll do an even trade.

-Sal

El Chuxter
07-28-2008, 11:00 PM
I just got on the wrong trolley due to some mixed messages, and wound up taking longer to get home than expected. Then I ate some beef and rice and went to bed.

Cane_Adiss
07-29-2008, 12:52 AM
This weekend was pretty fruitful for me as far as Star Wars goes. I guess I'm lucky to live in an area where people don't go as nuts over this sort of stuff. When I went to Wal Mart around 12:15 Saturday morning I was able to get almost all the stuff I wanted, except a few figures (which I found later that afternoon). There were only two other guys getting figures, and they were mostly interested in the Clone Wars related stuff. It was a pretty relaxed event for me over all. Just another toy run.

In all, I spend just over 300 dollars this weekend. Which is alot. Probably too much. Anyway here's what I picked up.

At Midnight Madness:

Yarna d'al Gargan (awesome)
Bane Malar (awesome)
Ak-Rev (somewhat less awesome, but still cool)
IG Lancer droid (could've passed on this)
Saesee Tiin (figure looks too thin, and not very detailed but I still like him)
Quarren Soldier (one of my favorites from the line so far)

Later that Morning (around 11:00)

Padme (could've passed on her too, but she's a great figure)
Mon Calamari Warrior (somewhat underwhelming, but he's got great accessories, and is a neat concept)
Darth Vader 3 piece helmet (probably the last Vader I will ever intentionally buy, could've even passed on him too)
Rebel Pilots 1 (really just wanted Ten Numb, Dorovio was gravy and Janson I could've done without)
Fett Legacy (will be the last Mandalorian figures I ever intentionally buy, too bad a Boba comes with the Sarlacc set)

Later that afternoon (around 7:00)

Millennium Falcon (I think this was a mistake, I don't normally buy vehicles and I think this was an overboard impulse but oh well. It really is an amazing piece though!)
Rebel Pilots 2 (This was also an impulse buy, but the figures are pretty decent enough even though I could've done without them.)

So I now have 20 more figures (including the Han and Chewie from the Falcon, both of which I could do without) which isn't alot when you consider I just dropped 300 bucks.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-29-2008, 11:42 AM
with this last purchase for the weekend, my total reached $855.93. So I just made it within budget.Good gravy! My "budget" was $50 and I blew that away by more than twice that. Putting your stimulus package check to good use, eh sal? :D

I just got on the wrong trolley due to some mixed messages, and wound up taking longer to get home than expected. Then I ate some beef and rice and went to bed.I found that variant, too. But mine was chicken stew and noodles.

Only figs I'm still looking for (and not very hard, to be honest) are the Scuba Trooper and the Capt. Rex I ORDERED A WHILE AGO, to get BEFORE all these others were released, Hasbro. Ahem.

obi-dad
07-29-2008, 02:31 PM
I got out for only around $120 - $125 and got all of the wave 1 Legacy wave, both rebel pilots evo sets, both Hoth sets, an extra ewok figure and the Falcon. All in all, I got what I wanted and didn't spend too much.

Tenric78
07-29-2008, 02:35 PM
I managed to get a few figures, but I was mostly there for the experience/observe. If you want to see some pics of my TRU adventure you can see them here. (http://www.toybender.com/star-wars-the-clone-wars-toys-r-us-midnight-madness-report/)

Mvader91
07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
I got out for only around $120 - $125 and got all of the wave 1 Legacy wave, both rebel pilots evo sets, both Hoth sets, an extra ewok figure and the Falcon. All in all, I got what I wanted and didn't spend too much. I thought the falcon was 150 by itself, man you got a great deal.

obi-dad
07-29-2008, 02:46 PM
I thought the falcon was 150 by itself, man you got a great deal.

Well, I spent $12x.xx "from a certain point of view." My work gives $10 gift cards away from various stores like candy as incentives. I've been only asking for Target cards going back several months... first trying to save when Hasbro finally came out with a new wave and then when the news broke on GH about the falcon, I knew what I was saving for. I had $160 in gift cards, so I was only counting the cash I spent that night.

Mvader91
07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Well, I spent $12x.xx "from a certain point of view." My work gives $10 gift cards away from various stores like candy as incentives. I've been only asking for Target cards going back several months... first trying to save when Hasbro finally came out with a new wave and then when the news broke on GH about the falcon, I knew what I was saving for. I had $160 in gift cards, so I was only counting the cash I spent that night.
Dude that is cool! Is your job hiring?

Qui-Long Gone
07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Sometimes living out here in the obscruity of West Texas pays off....I didn't need to rush to buy anything because it was like no one knew about the new figures.

I found everying I wanted (and could convince my wife to $$$) with no problem. This has been a great summer for movies and figures!!!!