PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Universe - 3 3/4" Figures!!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

NerfTW
02-01-2009, 09:31 AM
I thought there was an "Ultimate Nick Fury" listed on the first page of this thread, and I have no idea where it came from. I was kind of keen on getting a little group of the Ultimates figures together.

Why is everything coming out now? I don't have a job until JUNE. (Last semester of college) And then we're using those paychecks to buy new couches. :cry:

defiant00
02-02-2009, 01:25 PM
IIRC, the Nick Fury figure is slated to be a mail-away, and it will have interchangeable heads to be Ultimate or Classic.

Beast
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
IIRC, the Nick Fury figure is slated to be a mail-away, and it will have interchangeable heads to be Ultimate or Classic.
Not quite. The Nick Fury figure will be a Mail-Away. But will have interchangable heads to make him either 616 Nick Fury or a SHIELD Agent.

NerfTW
02-02-2009, 01:50 PM
That makes more sense, since the Ultimate version of S.H.I.E.L.D. uses a different uniform as well.

Crap on the interchangable heads, though. I hope it isn't hard to get multiples. I kind of wanted a little squad of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents to go with Fury.

Beast
02-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Toy Ark has some great loose pics of Hulk from Wave 2.
Looks like they may have all of Wave 2. So we can expect more pics soon.

http://www.toyark.com/news/marvel-toy-news-4/marvel-universe-2009-fury-files-hulk-013-755/

So it looks like we can likely expect the first 2 waves close to when the line launches. Here's the checklist with the figure numbers.

001 - Iron Man
002 - Spider-Man
003 - Silver Surfer
004 - Punisher
005 - Black Panther
006 - Wolverine (X-Force)
007 - Human Torch (Burning)
008 - Daredevil
009 - Iron Man (Stealth Armor)
010 - Bullseye
011 - Human Torch (F4 Costume)
012 - Captain America
013 - Hulk
014 - Grey Hulk
015 - Green Goblin
016 - Ronin
017 - Iron Fist

Beast
02-04-2009, 10:28 PM
On Ebay there's some pics of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine Premium Series" figures. Logan and Sabretooth with soft goods jackets. Same as the basic figures, except for the jackets. They're lacking their extra accessories though. I'm guessing these will be store exclusives, like those exclusive repaint Iron Man armors we had at Wal-Mart and Target back when the movie opened.

The guy selling it also has a pair of prototypes of the Sabretooth figure we saw a while back. Seems like he might have a variant with a more classic head. Kinda cool. Here's the pics. Check Ebay for protos of Gambit and Deadpool also. :)

Beast
02-05-2009, 12:13 PM
They put up some great pics of the Ultimate Captain America figure.

http://www.toyark.com/news/marvel-toy-news-4/marvel-universe-2009-fury-files-captain-america-012-759/

Wow. One of the best figures in the line so far. Love the elastic straps so he can wear it on his back like Cap sometimes does in the comics. Very cool.

plasticfetish
02-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Here's the checklist with the figure numbers.17 x $8 = $136. Oh well. :)

Paint's a little loose on Cap's face there, but that's a fun looking toy. Love that Hulk figure! Really great... an instant classic.

TheRealDubya
02-05-2009, 12:54 PM
They put up some great pics of the Ultimate Captain America figure.

http://www.toyark.com/news/marvel-toy-news-4/marvel-universe-2009-fury-files-captain-america-012-759/

Wow. One of the best figures in the line so far. Love the elastic straps so he can wear it on his back like Cap sometimes does in the comics. Very cool.

Now THAT is a Cap figure. Nice!

Beast
02-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Toy Ark has pics of Green Goblin now. Looking very good.

http://www.toyark.com/news/marvel-toy-news-4/marvel-universe-2009-fury-files-green-goblin-015-762/

Gobby looks great. Wave 2 really blows away Wave 1. But the line really needs some more villains. Hopefully we'll see some in the Comic Packs. Since they're Secret Wars based, at least there's a chance of Dr. Doom, Beyonder, etc.

JediTricks
02-05-2009, 08:16 PM
So, I hit TRU in the torrential downpour on the way back from some errands today, and there on the pegs was all of wave 1 of the Wolverine Comic Series line for $7.99 each. Wolverine yellow & blue, Logan, Deadpool, and Weapon X. I picked up the whole thing even though I only really wanted Wolvie and Deadpool, not sure if I'm gonna open the other 2 or just offer them up on the forums, I'll know by the weekend. If I do offer those 2 up, our buddy Beast has first crack since he's been the driving force of excitement on this line, and has been really helpful with Marvel Q&A. I must warn you though that Weapon X has really stupid face paint, his eyes are kinda googly and his mouth is just not right at all, I tried to take a photo with my webcam (because I'm lazy) but it didn't really come through.

They did a pretty good job integrating the articulation on Weapon X considering he's nearly nude. The shorts being the ball joints is a little weird because they're smaller diameter than the exposed leg, but it kinda works.

Logan has bone claws rather than adamantium, I didn't notice that in the photos before.

On Ebay there's some pics of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine Premium Series" figures. Logan and Sabretooth with soft goods jackets. Same as the basic figures, except for the jackets. They're lacking their extra accessories though. I'm guessing these will be store exclusives, like those exclusive repaint Iron Man armors we had at Wal-Mart and Target back when the movie opened.Yuck to those jackets, Logan looks like a little kid in his older brother's varsity jacket.

NerfTW
02-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Toyark just posted a ton of pictures.

Pics here (http://www.toyark.com/news/marvel-toy-news-4/more-new-marvel-universe-images-from-new-york-comic-con-2009-774/)

New shots include Hydra agents, Iceman and Firestar (Hasbro has a sense of humor, it seems), and a Hand Ninja varient.

And something called "Gigantic Battles" with a picture of Giant Man on it. So it looks like the Super-Hero Squad format of a large figure with a smaller one for guys like Sentinals, Giant Man, Galactus, etc.

ZeoVGM
02-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh my God, classic Firestar and Iceman? I wonder if that's a 2-pack?

Beast
02-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Oh my God, classic Firestar and Iceman? I wonder if that's a 2-pack?
There's a Spider-Man in slightly different colors standing there also.

So I'm guessing it's going to be a 3-Pack. Maybe a retailer exclusive.

And the Gigantic Battles sets look awesome so far. Iron Man and Giant Man! I guess that's how we're gonna get the Winged Mask version of Iron Man. Not as a variant in Wave 3 after all. I much prefer this instead. Cool!

ZeoVGM
02-06-2009, 11:21 AM
There's a Spider-Man in slightly different colors standing there also.

So I'm guessing it's going to be a 3-Pack. Maybe a retailer exclusive.

And the Gigantic Battles sets look awesome so far. Iron Man and Giant Man! I guess that's how we're gonna get the Winged Mask version of Iron Man. Not as a variant in Wave 3 after all. I much prefer this instead. Cool!

Oh wow, didn't even notice the Spidey. That's awesome.

Beast
02-06-2009, 11:41 AM
The Logan w/ Bike and Sabretooth Battle Pack for Toys R Us looks great.

I guess that's how they're offering the variant Sabretooth head.

NerfTW
02-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Yup, more info on the Iceman Firestar set was added. It's a Toys R Us exclusive three pack with Spider-man. I might wait for a carded Ice-man, because I don't like Firestar that much.

Also a Daredevil, Hydra, White Hand Ninja three pack.

And I guessed right on the Gigantic Battles line. It's one small figure, one large.

And a giant poster for a contest to vote for one of the waves.

Beast
02-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I love the fact they're gonna run a Pick 5 Poll on their website!!

The list we get to choose from appears to be...

Vance Astro
White Tiger
Tiger Shark
Gwen Stacy
Paper Bag Spidey (Amazing Bag-Man!)
Medusa
Archangel
Mercury

Lilandra
Gladiator
Stepford Cuckoos
Multiple Man
Lady Bullseye
Fantomex
Crystal
Captain Marvel (Noh-Varr)

Starlord
Snowbird
Havok
Mary Jane
Constrictor
Domino
Luke Cage
Mystique

Aurora
Northstar
X-23
Shamen
Hellcat
Thunderbird
Batroc
Beast

Iron Man 2020
Dazzler
Cloak
Dagger
Hellfire Guards
Cannonball
Wonder Man
Moonstone

Hela
Hyperion
Quasar
Red Guardian
Polaris
Captain Britain
Karnak
Dormammu

Winter Soldier
Binary
Grim Reaper
Magik
Firelord
Verner Von Strucker
The Hood
Storm

Nighthawk
Spot
Psylocke
Beyonder
Drax The Destroyer
Phantom Rider
Silver Sable
Speed Demon

Cosmic Spider-Man (I Guess)
Madame Hydra
Brother Voodoo
Vindicator
Blizzard
Jocasta

Beast
02-06-2009, 12:36 PM
From Marvelous News:

Walmart exclusive 3 3/4" Marvel Universe 2-packs called Gigantic Battles. This 2-pack will consist of a figure will be around 12-13" and another regular 3 3/4" in size and estimate cost of $25.00. These 2-packs will be hitting Walmart in Fall of 2009.

Exclusively to Toys R' Us will be 3-packs. One set will be Spider-Man and his amazing friends with Spider-Man, Firestar and Iceman.

Hasbro is going to be running a poll on their website starting very soon where people vote for their top 5 characters they want made.

Nick Fury is a mail-away exclusive figure.

Beast
02-06-2009, 12:42 PM
"Walmart exclusive 3 3/4" Marvel Universe 2-packs called Gigantic Battles. This 2-pack will consist of a figure will be around 12-13" and another regular 3 3/4" in size and estimate cost of $25.00. These 2-packs will be hitting Walmart in Fall of 2009."

When asked about a Sentinel in this line by Toy Ark, Hasbro said "No Comment". So expect one of the sets to be a big arse Sentinel w/ probably Cyclops. Since he's not on the Pick 5 Poll. While other major X'rs are.

NerfTW
02-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Psst. You can identify your "unkowns" in that list from the Marvelous news pictures. Mercury, Karnak, and Beyonder, in that order.

ZeoVGM
02-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Oh man, some awesome stuff so far.

Beast
02-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Psst. You can identify your "unkowns" in that list from the Marvelous news pictures. Mercury, Karnak, and Beyonder, in that order.
Thanks. Very cool. I can't wait for the voting to start.

ZeoVGM
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Amazing Bag-Man would be the best figure ever. Haha.

Lady Bullsye and Cosmic Spider-Man would be cool too.

I'm hoping it's not too long until Anti-Venom. It's very recent, but such a cool design.

NerfTW
02-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Now that I think about it, this almost confirms another likely figure. Dr. Strange must be on tap, if his arch-nemesis is up for voting. I didn't see any other obvious ones up there. But I dont' think Dormammu ever interacts with anyone other than Strange.

edit- Oh, I forgot about White Queen. (Stepford Cuckoos are clones of her, right?) I just assumed she was in the Wolverine Origins line, even though she hasn't been confirmed yet.

Beast
02-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Dr. Strange also fits in with the Illuminati.

So I can definatly see a multipack or several comic packs featuring them.

Professor X, Namor, Dr. Strange, Black Bolt, Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic.

NerfTW
02-06-2009, 01:54 PM
I'd go for an Illuminati box set, and a Dark Illuminati set!

Actually, I'm just really keen on Dr. Doom and Norman Osborn in a suit. Because that will lead to a Green Goblin unmasked figure. And then an unmasked Spidey, and oh my god my poor, poor wallet.

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Definitely kicking Logan to the curb, just not my cup of tea. Beast, if you want this figure, LMK.

Beast
02-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Definitely kicking Logan to the curb, just not my cup of tea. Beast, if you want this figure, LMK.
Just saw your offer. I'm clearly blind as a bat.

I think I'll wait and pick them up when I find them.

The shipping is murder on just one figure. Thanks though!

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm probably gonna pass on Weapon X too, would that change your mind?

I figured out what's going on with the shorts on Weapon X, BTW. The prototype didn't have the ball-jointed hips but they sculpted the shorts basically with that in mind. There's a "lip" to the shorts that on the prototype got painted, but because it's sculpted to the leg in the production mold it was left unpainted. This lip was supposed to be the bottom of the shorts, painted black, which would have made visual sense if they were tight legs on the shorts.

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 05:14 PM
So, I opened up Wolverine and Deadpool. Wolvie's pretty good, he's smaller than the other figures, and the claws sell better than I expected. The face sculpt they kinda dialed back, it's not "extreme", and it works for it - but a snarling version and a hood-down version would be awesome. Paint is decent, not outstanding perhaps and there's a mismatch on the lower torso yellow, but everything seems fairly tight in this dept. Articulation is good, but the range of motion on the ball-jointed head is non-existent, it just acts like a swivel. The mid-torso doesn't bend quite as far as I'd prefer, but it does a decent job and can do side-to-side which is nice. I don't like the hips, it's hard to work with these, they require a little thought to move stuff around. The sculpt has a little more "strained muscle" realism than the other figures, and it's interesting. I couldn't care less about the sword he came with. :p

Deadpool has the same articulation as Wolvie but is significantly taller. The biggest drawbacks to this figure are that the scabbards are way too high up his back, and the hips are painted which gets out of alignment easily and scrapes off on mine. Oh, and his sai is way oversized and doesn't have a permanent place on his webgear, but he's got his twin swords which fit in the scabbards (they stand even higher on his back that way, but it's good for play value) and they and the sai are very flexible. Then he's got a standard 9mm pistol that fits into a holster on his hip, it sits in there a little loosely and it's only 1, not 2. Finally, he's got a somewhat oversized but still believable AK-47, and they sculpted the trigger backwards. Basically, he's pretty good.

defiant00
02-06-2009, 05:32 PM
I knew the street date wouldn't hold!

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 05:35 PM
They NEVER do. :p

Beast
02-06-2009, 05:48 PM
They NEVER do. :p
I'm gonna check Toys R Us tomorrow.

Does the fact that the Wolverine figures have the claws coming from the knuckles bug you at all JT? Cause honestly, I'm almost tempted to pass on any of the Wolverines from the subline for that reason. Though some are real tempting. They're "Comic Series" figures, why give him knuckle claws.

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 08:04 PM
It kinda bugs me, but at this scale it doesn't sell as badly as a larger scale would, it's like they are there but they could be passable as coming out a little higher. I'm really more bugged by the shoulder armor being not the right sculpt, and that's not much.

Beast
02-06-2009, 08:06 PM
It kinda bugs me, but at this scale it doesn't sell as badly as a larger scale would, it's like they are there but they could be passable as coming out a little higher. I'm really more bugged by the shoulder armor being not the right sculpt, and that's not much.
It's just weird. They have the claws placed right for the X-Force Wolverine in the Marvel Universe line proper. Why not do the same for these. Eh. What ya gonna do. The stuff they revealed at Comic Con is great though.

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 08:16 PM
I think it's because they're trying to tie comic styling to this Wolverine movie. The claws work best on the costumed Wolverine figure, that's for damned sure. The gloves have the little sheath sculpted on so it almost seems believable that they could be coming a little further back than between his knuckles. The bare-handed Logan and Weapon X definitely don't enjoy that though.

Ok, well, if you don't want Weapon X & Logan, they're up for offer I guess.

NerfTW
02-06-2009, 08:30 PM
They'll probably release normal clawed Wolverines in the Marvel Universe line, it seems.

ZeoVGM
02-07-2009, 12:57 AM
Damn. My TRU didn't have them.

RooJay
02-07-2009, 04:25 AM
From Marvelous News:

Walmart exclusive 3 3/4" Marvel Universe 2-packs called Gigantic Battles. This 2-pack will consist of a figure will be around 12-13" and another regular 3 3/4" in size and estimate cost of $25.00. These 2-packs will be hitting Walmart in Fall of 2009.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...how I loathe Wal-Mart and their non-existent toy exclusives. I was hoping for something along these lines with this series, and now upon hearing that we have to rely on Wal-Mart to get them, instead of being excited I thoroughly seethe with anger...

Phantom-like Menace
02-09-2009, 02:38 AM
Damn it. I really don't need to spend this much money right now. Oh well, I've got a few more weeks I figure till they hit this area, then I actually have to find the ones I want. I'll take Firestar in any scale, but it is a kick in the nuts to get her so quickly at this scale and not to have gotten her yet in 6". I mean, I'm not out, done, finished, ****ing Hasbro like some people are about it, but on the annoying scale of one to ten, it's at least a six, maybe a seven.

NerfTW
02-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Keep in mind that it's this scale that's allowing them to make more obscure characters like Firestar. They can put them out cheaper, and in larger quantities on the shelves, plus a lot of them are simple repaints. I wouldn't be surprised if Firestar's head turned out to be used by someone in the main line.

Beast
02-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Plus the Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends set is an Exclusive 3-Pack.
Easier to sell something like this as an Exclusive.

I'm not saying she'd be an impossible sell in the 6" line. Just that I didn't see it happening anytime soon. At least with Marvel Universe, Iceman hasn't been done yet either. So it's appealing to retailers and collectors to snap up the whole pack. Not just a 3-Pack of figures where 2 of them are repacks.

NerfTW
02-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi res images of the Wolverine Origins line (http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=Hasbro%2FX-Men_Origins_Wolverine%2FSeries_01%2F&dispsize=600&start=0) and the X-men animated line (http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=Hasbro%2FWolverine_%26_The_X-Men%2FSeries_01%2F&dispsize=600&start=0) at Marvelous News.

Daryl VayDar
02-09-2009, 04:16 PM
I just picked up 5 of the Marvel Universe Series 1 figures! I actually found these at a local Meijer notorious for slow figure movement. I got the Silver Surfer, Spider-Man, Punisher, and both versions of Iron Man.

They also had the Human Torch(1), Black Panther(1), Daredevil(2) and Wolverine(4). I would have gotten some of these but I had literally just left the mechanic $500 lighter.:( Oh well, those should be easy finds later.

My big wants had been the Surfer and the Stealth Iron Man and I've got 'em both...I'll be opening them up later on.:yes:

Beast
02-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Feel free to come back and give us some opinions. :)

I'm gonna do some hunting tomorrow. Since I also live near a Meijers. :D

Beast
02-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Hasbro.Com has updated. The poll starts tomorrow. :)

February 10th - 70th Anniversary Fan's Choice!

Who will be the 5 newest members of the Universe? This is your chance to run the table True Believers… the future of the Marvel Universe is in your hands. Cast your vote and help determine which fan favorites will have their day in the sun. The top 5 vote getters will be added to the 2010 Universe lineup so don’t miss your chance to weigh in! Voting starts on February 10th and ends on March 5th. Vote for up to five of your favorites. The results will be announced March 16th on Hasbro.com/Marvel.

A link back to the list and pictures here:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=662899&postcount=268

bigbarada
02-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Hasbro.Com has updated. The poll starts tomorrow. :)

February 10th - 70th Anniversary Fan's Choice!

Who will be the 5 newest members of the Universe? This is your chance to run the table True Believers… the future of the Marvel Universe is in your hands. Cast your vote and help determine which fan favorites will have their day in the sun. The top 5 vote getters will be added to the 2010 Universe lineup so don’t miss your chance to weigh in! Voting starts on February 10th and ends on March 5th. Vote for up to five of your favorites. The results will be announced March 16th on Hasbro.com/Marvel.

A link back to the list and pictures here:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=662899&postcount=268

I'm not sure I know who half of those characters are, but I do want to vote for Beast in the hopes that we'll see a human version of the character at some point in the future.

Daryl VayDar
02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
I've gotten some of the Marvel guys opened up now- Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, and Iron Man.

In general- amazing and as cool as I had hoped!
The articulation is impressive, but the thigh articulation needs another point to allow the leg to turn, giving it more flexibility. It looks like they may have changed that already for the upcoming figures...As it is they have no trouble holding their poses.

My Iron Man figure took some serious "coaxing" to get his leg joints to move freely. I really thought I would break the hip articulation trying to free it up- but luckily did not. What eventually seemed to work was moving the leg 90 degrees straight out to the side of the body and slowly twisting the leg back and forth. Iron Man has articulation limitations due to his armor, but his range is very acceptable- a solid figure.

Spider-Man was a let down for me. He is a solid figure, and holds his poses well enough, but lacks in some key areas. His head, hands and feet are all pretty tiny, and that hurts the figure overall. The Toy Biz Spider-Man was a lot more expressive.

My favorite (I am extremely biased, though) is the Silver Surfer -
I took some pics:

Beast
02-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Very cool. I hope to find some early myself one of these days. Heh.

I really liked the Spider-Man, but then it's the only one I've gotten to play with. But Iron Man and Surfer look great. I agree that the feet and one fist had are a bit tiny. But the head looks about right. Either way, it's still a darn good figure. Can't wait for the Spider-Man/Amazing Friends set though.

Phantom-like Menace
02-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Keep in mind that it's this scale that's allowing them to make more obscure characters like Firestar. They can put them out cheaper, and in larger quantities on the shelves, plus a lot of them are simple repaints. I wouldn't be surprised if Firestar's head turned out to be used by someone in the main line.

Plus the Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends set is an Exclusive 3-Pack.
Easier to sell something like this as an Exclusive.

I'm not saying she'd be an impossible sell in the 6" line. Just that I didn't see it happening anytime soon. At least with Marvel Universe, Iceman hasn't been done yet either. So it's appealing to retailers and collectors to snap up the whole pack. Not just a 3-Pack of figures where 2 of them are repacks.

Oh, yeah, I don't hold it against Hasbro, nor against ToyBiz that we haven't gotten her, and there are more characters I want before I get her. It just irks. Like I said, I'm all for this scale and all for getting her in any scale.

TheGreyGhost
02-10-2009, 03:34 PM
I would say Meijer is a good shot for early release, just got back from mine about 20 minutes ago and was able to secure half of the first wave it seems, and I probably could have had them all but someone apparently snatched up multiples of Punisher, Bullseye, Surfer and Daredevil...:(

Beast
02-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Yep. Just got back from mine. I have the whole wave pre-ordered from Hasbro already... but I did get a few early to mess around with. Stealth Iron Man, Silver Surfer, and X-Force Wolverine. Great figures. :)

TheGreyGhost
02-11-2009, 12:15 AM
This might be a stupid question to ask, but I'm relatively new into the figure collecting scene. Should I expect Hasbro Toy Shop to ever get the first wave back in stock, or is this more then just pre-order stock and they are totally wiped out?

RooJay
02-11-2009, 07:45 AM
This Meijer that you folks talk about sounds awesome! Wish we had one of those around here. Imagine that - a store with a toy department that actually stocks toys!

This might be a stupid question to ask, but I'm relatively new into the figure collecting scene. Should I expect Hasbro Toy Shop to ever get the first wave back in stock, or is this more then just pre-order stock and they are totally wiped out?

They probably will restock several times, but they tend to sell out pretty quickly on their hotter toy lines. Keep your eyes peeled and I'm sure you catch them at some point.

TheGreyGhost
02-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Okay, thanks. I've pretty much been re-checking their website two times a day, but I figure they probably won't restock till the line actually releases.

Of course, maybe I'll get lucky today and my Meijer will have restocked with the ones I'm missing...

NerfTW
02-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Okay, thanks. I've pretty much been re-checking their website two times a day, but I figure they probably won't restock till the line actually releases.

Of course, maybe I'll get lucky today and my Meijer will have restocked with the ones I'm missing...

Yeah, they aren't actually shipping until March 1st. The out of stock means they've sold out of what they're getting in the first shipment. They'll get more. Really popular stuff might be hard to find, but most everything else can be gotten at least two months after release.

silentts
02-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Wasn't the 70th Anniversary Fans' Choice voting supposed to begin yesterday? What gives?

Rocketboy
02-11-2009, 10:52 AM
This Meijer that you folks talk about sounds awesome! Wish we had one of those around here. Imagine that - a store with a toy department that actually stocks toys!I've always heard of these mythical always stocked Meijers stores, but I've been to several and have to experience one.

JetsAndHeels
02-11-2009, 10:55 AM
We don't have any Meijers here, but now I wish that we did!!

That's ok though I guess, March 1st is just a little over 2 weeks away.

Beast
02-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Wasn't the 70th Anniversary Fans' Choice voting supposed to begin yesterday? What gives?
Not sure. Hopefully they'll put it up today. :)

ZeoVGM
02-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Damn, there's no Meijers around the Mass area.

My local Walmart is low on stock for all their Marvel stuff. I assume they're just waiting to get all the new upcoming lines in.

Anyone see any MU figures in New England?

Beast
02-11-2009, 12:31 PM
The poll is now up. It's just not redirecting to it from the main site.

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/default.cfm?page=Entertainment/Forum

Rocketboy
02-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Meijer stores are mainly in Michigan (with nearly half of the 186 locations).
Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky have the rest.

ZeoVGM
02-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Voting starts on February 10th and ends on March 5th. Only one vote valid per person. The results will be announced March 1st on Hasbro.com/Marvel.

How exactly will they announce the results 4 days before voting ends?

ZeoVGM
02-11-2009, 02:46 PM
I voted for:

Paperbag Spidey
Lady Bullseye
Starlord
X-23
Cosmic Spider-Man

It gets some female blood into the line, and I can see X-23 and Cosmic Spidey being the big sellers. Paperbag Spidey, just for being a choice alone, would be the best action figure ever created. I hope enough people vote for that.

Lady Bullseye is a really new character, but I love her design, and Starlord is just awesome. I do wish Anti-Venom were an option.

Beast
02-11-2009, 02:55 PM
How exactly will they announce the results 4 days before voting ends?
Probably a typo. I bet it ends March 1st and they'll be posted March 6th.

defiant00
02-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Between TRU and Meijer, I scored a Weapon X, X-Force Wolverine, and Iron Man! These figures are even better than I had hoped! Now I have GOT to find Gambit!!!

Thank you to the members of this forum who posted about the stores that have been putting the figures out early!!!

bigbarada
02-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Not much from that list that I really recognize from those tiny images. I did pick:
Beast
Captain Britain
Gladiator
Red Guard
Wonderman

Beast
02-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Guess I better check my TRU now. Hehe.

Glad you're really liking the figures. It's nice to have Marvel in my favorite scale.

TheGreyGhost
02-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Kinda bummed. Checked Mejiers out again today on my way to school, and while they must have restocked (as they had a single DareDevil which I grabbed), they only had two actual figures left...

My local Toys R Us is also slow as hell at getting any sort of toys out. I can clearly see that they have a spot set out for MU Line, but they haven't restocked anything in the action figure department since Christmas (besides the Indiana Jones line which they are practically giving away at this point)

Oh well, only four left to go on Wave 1, one of which is going to be re-issued later and one of which is a variant, so I shouldn't be too discouraged seeing as how I shouldn't have them for another two weeks haha

Beast
02-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Probably a typo. I bet it ends March 1st and they'll be posted March 6th.
Was a typo. The correct info is there now.

February 11th - March 5th. With the winners announced March 16th.

Daryl VayDar
02-11-2009, 07:24 PM
OK- can anybody who's found these confirm that Bullseye and the "Fiery" Torch are being shipped? I have seen the line at 3 different Meijers now- in quantity (at least 20 figures on the pegs in each store)- and have not seen either one of these guys!?

They don't seem like they would be that popular over Iron Man or Spidey...

Beast
02-11-2009, 07:35 PM
OK- can anybody who's found these confirm that Bullseye and the "Fiery" Torch are being shipped? I have seen the line at 3 different Meijers now- in quantity (at least 20 figures on the pegs in each store)- and have not seen either one of these guys!?

They don't seem like they would be that popular over Iron Man or Spidey...
They are. Seems most Meijers got in the Revision Cases is all.

Wave 1:

2x Spider-Man
1x Wolverine (X-Force)
1x Iron Man (Modern)
1x Iron Man (Stealth Armor)
1x Silver Surfer
1x Human Torch (F4 Costume)
1x Human Torch (Flamed On)
1x Daredevil
1x Black Panther
1x The Punisher
1x Bullseye

Wave 1 - Revision 1:

2x Wolverine (X-Force)
2x Iron Man (Modern)
2x Spider-Man
1x Silver Surfer
1x Human Torch (F4 Costume)
1x Daredevil
1x Black Panther
1x The Punisher

El Chuxter
02-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Paper Bag Spidey
Psylocke
Luke Slick'sMotherhumpin' Cage
Stepford Cuckoos (sorry, B, I liked the Morrison run on New X-Men... but I hope my last pick makes up for it)
Beast

TheGreyGhost
02-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Hmmm, I'm kinda disappointed in Dare Devil. He seems much smaller then everyone else...

Oh well, still awesome.

defiant00
02-11-2009, 09:29 PM
I assume the pic that's there is the version they would do? I only ask because Psylocke is in the blue and yellow uniform, not her latter black outfit (like from X-Treme X-Men)...

Anyway, here are my pics:
Archangel
Stepford Cuckoos
Multiple Man (Coolest power ever!)
X-23
Beast (I think this one is going to be a shoe-in!)

Sorry, I'm a core X-Fan...

Beast
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Yay for the Beast votes! :D
As for the costume choices, not sure. They may have just found the best pics they could and used those. Cause I'd rather have a lot of the X-Men in their more classic costumes. At least in more well known ones. At least they've got Ape Beast on the poll.

Also, an interesting tidbit from AFI:

Q: Are there any characters that you wanted to make, but weren't allowed to?

A: No. But, Hasbro did want to include a Miss Lion with the Spidey, Iceman, Firestar three pack. They can't, because DISNEY has the rights to Miss Lion.

Awww Man! Damn you Disney. We could have had Ms. Lion in the 3-Pack.
What's funny is that Marvel is getting ready to introduce Ms. Lion in the upcoming Pet Avengers mini-series. Oh well, maybe if/when we ever get Aunt May.

Daryl VayDar
02-11-2009, 09:53 PM
They are. Seems most Meijers got in the Revision Cases is all.

Thank you, Sir- that makes perfect sense based on what I've seen around here.

My votes:
Multiple Man- great character, needs a figure, kinda like an army builder
Havok
Hellfire Guards
Drax- the more cosmic characters the better in my book
Iron Man 2020- I know they don't need encouragement for I.M. variants, but I gave it to them anyway...

RooJay
02-12-2009, 03:15 AM
My votes:

- Paper Bag Spidey (He'll never get made if not for this poll, and he's such an awesome choice!)
- Aurora
- Northstar
- Shaman (Alpha Flight Rocks! Gotta make sure they do all of these folks!)
- Capt. Britain (Pretty sure they'll do the Excalibur version at some point, but I must have the classic version!)

I do think there are too many choices here, though. A lot of these characters simply must get made - Gwen Stacy, Medusa (indeed all of the Inhumans,) Archangel, Gladiator, Multiple Man, Crystal, Starlord, Snowbird (only left her out of my vote so as to have room for Paper bag Spidey!), Havok, Mary Jane, etcetera, etcetera. In fact, my main motivation for not voting for several of these characters (Beast in particular) is that I'm pretty sure most of them will get made at some point; providing the line remains as successful as I expect it to become.

A couple of points I'd like to make - I would have thought the Spidey that's already popping up in stores would have had the concept of a "Comic Spider-Man" already covered. Also, I don't ever remember Brother Voodoo looking so hot in the comics (nor so much like Vindicator actually.):laugh:

ZeoVGM
02-12-2009, 04:50 AM
A couple of points I'd like to make - I would have thought the Spidey that's already popping up in stores would have had the concept of a "Comic Spider-Man" already covered.

Haha. They should probably fix that.

silentts
02-12-2009, 11:34 AM
My votes:

Gwen Stacy
Lilandra
Mary Jane
Stepford Cuckoos
Hellfire Club Soldier

I tried going for ones that I thought had less of a shot of being made than others (I bet that even if they don't win, we see a Beast and Storm in 2010).

TheGreyGhost
02-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Just wanted to report that I checked my Mejier on the way to school again today and scored Bullseye, Punisher, and Silver Surfer. Only one I need now is Human Torch on fire...

So I don't know if they only got the revision or not now, since I was able to get Bullseye...

Phantom-like Menace
02-13-2009, 02:37 AM
I voted for the ladies mostly.

Archangel
Polaris
Stepford Cuckoos
Psylocke
Vindicator

Sorry, no vote for Beast, despite his being my second favorite X-Man (after Nightcrawler), but that's because I figure he's likely enough to be made that I'd be wasting a vote.

RooJay
02-13-2009, 02:54 AM
For what it's worth, I'm pretty certain that the poll is not only to determine which characters we want to see next, but also which of these specific costume choices we want as well. Storm, for example, is surely coming sooner rather than later, and I'm 99.99% positive that her presence on this list is more about that specific outfit.

plasticfetish
02-13-2009, 06:17 AM
My votes from the poll:

Gladiator
Lilandra
Drax The Destroyer
Brother Voodoo
Hellcat

I'd have voted for a few others instead, like Medusa or Crystal, but I'd rather see Jack Kirby versions. Want the Kirby Wonder Man also... but I think I'd actually like the "red jacket" Wonder Man a little more.

VexOrdo
02-13-2009, 11:08 AM
I voted, got . . .

Luke Cage
X-23
Thunderbird
Winter Soldier
The Hood

I woulda loved Captain Marvel, and even Constrictor, but by the costumes in the pics I wasn't doing that. For some reason the Hood was a big character for a while in New Avengers, so it'd be cool to have him.

defiant00
02-14-2009, 12:42 AM
I found three full pegs of MU figs at Meijer today, and picked up a Punisher. I almost got a Bullseye, only to take the hand holding the cards for a custom Gambit...

Do you guys think there will be a lot of crossover figures between the two lines, or once a figure is made in one, is it only going to be there? I ask because the pics I've seen of the Wolverine Origins Gambit figure don't thrill me 100%. I'm planning to get three of them, one to leave packaged, one to open and leave as is, and one to customize, but is there a chance that it may end up in the MU line, as well?

RooJay
02-14-2009, 03:35 AM
For some reason the Hood was a big character for a while in New Avengers, so it'd be cool to have him.

The Hood is currently one of a handful of villains secretly in control of the Marvel Universe. He's become quite an important character recently. As such, I'm pretty sure he'll get made eventually.

I found three full pegs of MU figs at Meijer today, and picked up a Punisher. I almost got a Bullseye, only to take the hand holding the cards for a custom Gambit...

Do you guys think there will be a lot of crossover figures between the two lines, or once a figure is made in one, is it only going to be there? I ask because the pics I've seen of the Wolverine Origins Gambit figure don't thrill me 100%. I'm planning to get three of them, one to leave packaged, one to open and leave as is, and one to customize, but is there a chance that it may end up in the MU line, as well?

Knowing Hasbro, I'd say the prospects are pretty good that Gambit will be re-released at some point providing the line continues for long enough. Although also knowing Hasbro, it will more than likely be a straight re-pack, possibly a re-paint of the Wolverine: Origins figure, and in any case since both lines are guided by the exact same team even a completely new version is likely to be quite similar to the first release.

Beast
02-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Actually, a different team is handling the X-Men Origins: Wolverine line. That's why they have the ball hips that MU lack. And lack the bicep cut that the MU has. In the end, the MU line is better cause the ball hips that XMOW is using don't work all that well. So if/when they do a new Gambit in MU it may be better.

Beast
02-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Early news from Toy Fair via Toy Ark. Pics will likely be turning up soon.

Marvel Universe Fury Files
34 single single cards in 2009 with Frank Cho Artwork
New figure figure shown - Electo

Secret Wars Comic two packs featuring repaints of all 12 issues and 2 relevant characters in each pack
Shown were
Captain America/Klaw
Wolverine/Human Torch
Spiderman/Thunderball

Giant Battles
Two packs with a 3 3/4 figure and a BAF figure.
Silver Surfer/Galactus
Wolverine/Sentinal
Captain America/Giant Skrull

70th Anniversary 4 Packs
Red Skull, Captain America, Human Torch and one other

SDCC Exclusives
3 3/4 Black and White Captain America looks like he's frozen in ice

Beast
02-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Here's pics of the first 3 Secret Wars packs from Marvelous News.

Thoughts:

Spider-Man/Thunderball - Spidey doesn't look much different than the standard version. However Thunderball is great. And this means we'll likely get the rest of the Wrecking Crew in future Secret Wars 2-Packs.

Wolverine/Human Torch - I guess I can almost skip the Brown/Tan costume in the movie line. Since this one has the accurate claws. And I really like this rendition of the Human Torch. Better than the Wave 1 version.

Captain America/Klaw - Those who don't like the Ultimate Cap in Wave 2 are certainly in for a treat here. And Klaw! Who'd have thunk we'd see him ever produced. This is very cool. Can't wait to see the other 9 packs.

Given the major players in Secret Wars. Some cool sets to come:

Heroes:
Captain America; Captain Marvel II (Monica Rambeau); Hawkeye; Iron Man II (Jim Rhodes); She-Hulk; Thor; Wasp; Human Torch; Mister Fantastic; Thing; Hulk; Spider-Man; Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter); Colossus; Cyclops; Magneto; Nightcrawler; Professor X; Rogue; Storm; Wolverine; Lockheed the Dragon (Mascot)

Villains:
Absorbing Man; Doctor Doom; Doctor Octopus; Enchantress; Kang the Conqueror; Klaw; Lizard; Molecule Man; Titania; Ultron; Volcana; Wrecking Crew; Galactus

Beast
02-14-2009, 07:22 PM
More news from Toy Fair from Fwoosh:

Marvel Universe

Love it or hate it, Hasbro is pushing the new Marvel Universe 3 3/4-inch line in a big way. Fury Files (I wasn't clear if this was a line name, but they talked about it as such) will have 34 single-carded figures this year.

Wave 3: Black-costumed Spider-Man, Hand Ninja, classic Iron Man, Ms. Marvel with classic variant, a black-suited Punisher (with smaller head, joked Dave Vonner), and the Thing
Wave 4: Hobgoblin, Red Hulk, Blade, Moon Knight, and Union Jack
Wave 5 teaser: Electro

Nick Fury will be a mail-away figure, with details coming around SDCC. Dave Vonner mentioned that the figure will have a space for customizers to add the trademark Fury accessory that Hasbro could not include.

They also introduced the Secret Wars 2-packs that had been widely rumored. This line celebrates the 25th (?) anniversary of Secret Wars, and will feature comic reprints from the series. The 2-packs revealed were:

Brown / tan Wolverine and a new Human Torch
Klaw and classic Captain America
Spider-Man and Thunderball (also shown in package in the showroom)
The second Gigantic Battles set will feature the new Captain America (Bucky Barnes with the Alex Ross-designed costume) and a giant Skrull from the Secret Invasion series.

SDCC/Hasbro Toy Shop Exclusives:

Single-carded Marvel Universe Captain America, with a black and white deco. The packaging will feature art by Joe Quesada.

Marvel Universe Invaders box set, also featuring Joe Quesada art. It will include the original Human Torch, the Sub-Mariner, Captain America, and the Red Skull.

VexOrdo
02-14-2009, 11:33 PM
I just got Wolverine, Iron Man, and Spiderman x2 off of ebay for $20, so if anyone is willing to trade (if we do that here) for a Spiderman, I'm all in, just make me an offer, first come first serve!

defiant00
02-15-2009, 02:00 AM
Wait a sec, Beast, those figures you ran down from Secret Wars, are they confirmed, or was that just a list of characters that were in Secret Wars? Cause I read over that list and was pretty stoked to see Prof X, Rogue, Cyke, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Storm, but when I got to Lockheed, I had to reread it! I'd love to see a standalone Lockheed figure, but I know that will never happen....right?!?

Adam
02-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Hmmm that brown suit Wolverine from the 2-pack is a'temptin.'

plasticfetish
02-15-2009, 03:07 AM
Saw a bunch of MU figures at a local comic shop today: Punisher, Human Torch (flame on/flame off), Silver Surfer, Dare Devil, Bullseye, Spiderman, Wolverine. They all looked great in person. I was blown away by the quality, but because this shop was charging well above average retail, we only picked up Iron Man.

Ages ago I'd told my son about this line, and he's been patiently waiting for this particular figure. I told him I'd pick this one up now, but we'd have to wait for the rest to turn up at Target.

I'll do a proper review later (somewhere), including more photos, but for now I'll just say that I was expecting something good, and got something great instead. This particular figure isn't perfect, but by my standards it's close. Most important is the fact that it's really fun to play with, and I'm gonna have a hard time handing this toy back over to my kid. ;)

Beast
02-15-2009, 10:12 AM
Wait a sec, Beast, those figures you ran down from Secret Wars, are they confirmed, or was that just a list of characters that were in Secret Wars? Cause I read over that list and was pretty stoked to see Prof X, Rogue, Cyke, Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Storm, but when I got to Lockheed, I had to reread it! I'd love to see a standalone Lockheed figure, but I know that will never happen....right?!?
It's just the list of characters who were in Secret Wars. And since they're doing 12 2-Packs to cover the whole series, I think we'll see a quite a lot of them. Cause outside of who we've already seen, there's still 9 packs to go. That's 18 more figures. And since it's a given that 3 more of them will be the Wrecking Crew, there's still 15 slots left to pull from that list. So we may get just about all of them.

ZeoVGM
02-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Wow, this is going to be the best comic line ever. They have some amazing stuff coming.

Anyone know what the deal is with the Marvel Handful Heroes and Marvel Heroes Team Up/Face Off figures? All I've seen is a picture of them.

Beast
02-15-2009, 08:56 PM
The Handful of Heroes line is sorta like the old Ultimate M.U.S.C.L.E. line. They're just small unpossible figures in a variety of colors and styles. Might be fun for the young kiddies.

The Marvel Team Up/Face Off figures are little plastic figure 2-Packs that have been available from Dollar stores for a while. They're like the single packs that Toy Biz used to sell.

NerfTW
02-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Given the major players in Secret Wars. Some cool sets to come:

Heroes:
Captain America;
Captain Marvel II (Monica Rambeau);
Hawkeye;
Iron Man II (Jim Rhodes);
She-Hulk;
Thor;
Wasp;
Human Torch;
Mister Fantastic;
Thing;
Hulk;
Spider-Man;
Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter);
Colossus;
Cyclops;
Magneto;
Nightcrawler;
Professor X;
Rogue;
Storm;
Wolverine;
Lockheed the Dragon (Mascot)

Villains:
Absorbing Man;
Doctor Doom;
Doctor Octopus;
Enchantress;
Kang the Conqueror;
Klaw;
Lizard;
Molecule Man;
Titania;
Ultron;
Volcana;
Wrecking Crew;
Galactus

Right away we can probably eliminate Hulk, Thing, and Prof. X as being too large for comic packs. (Not to mention Galactus) Assuming Lockheed is a pack in with someone, that leaves 34 figures left, so only ten need to be cut.

And since this seems to be focusing on primarily 80's costumes/characters, I'd say Mowhawk Storm is a shoe in, along with Captain Marvel II. Also there will likely be spots for Zsaji and Beyonder, who were left off the list on Wikipedia.

And another Black Costume Spidey.

edit- And Dr. Doom had a unique Secret Wars only costume, but I don't know if they'd bother with it, given people's general reaction to it.

I'm betting Absorbing Man will be packed with Titania. And maybe Molecule Man and Volcania. (They're both couples introduced in that series)

And Spider-woman II was introduced there as well.

bigbarada
02-16-2009, 10:05 AM
And since this seems to be focusing on primarily 80's costumes/characters, I'd say Mowhawk Storm is a shoe in,

I would buy a mohawk Storm in a heartbeat! :love:

NerfTW
02-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Dave Vonner mentioned that the figure will have a space for customizers to add the trademark Fury accessory that Hasbro could not include.

Heh. I hope it doesn't look too terrible, like with the Obi-wan figure that came with a rebreather, and looks like he's puckering up when it's not on.

Must find a 3 3/4" scale cigar now!

I'm glad I didn't pre-order anything. With these anouncements, I can pretty much eliminate the entire first wave of figures except for Panther, Bullseye, and Daredevil. Secret Wars will get me both Spidey's, I don't like the Iron Man armor, Torch is coming out in classic design, and I will probably get Surfer with a Galactus figure.

Ultimate Cap is a possiblilty, seeing as how every other outfit is coming out this year, so I might as well snag him to complete a "Hall of Armors" for Cap. :thumbsup:

Beast
02-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Re: Beyonder. He only appeared in Secret Wars as a sentient cloud of energy. Think that energy being from Futurama. He didn't have a physical form until Secret Wars 2. You know, the awful follow-up where Spider-Man had to potty train the Beyonder in his Captain Eo form. And no, I'm not making this up. ;)

I would get Silver Surfer for now. There seems to be some confusion, and it looks like Galactus and Surfer won't be coming this year. There were just some shots in Hasbro's presentation that showed them together, using the Toy Biz Galactus. I'm sure we'll see Galactus and Sentinel at some point. Just not this year.

Beast
02-16-2009, 11:12 AM
I would buy a mohawk Storm in a heartbeat! :love:
Same here. My favorite look for Storm was her Punk/Mohawk look.

NerfTW
02-16-2009, 11:36 AM
That's what I thought originally, and then I got confused. I can't remember anything about Secret Wars, and I think I might have actually never read it.

Going from Wikipedia, I'd guess these are the likely packs:

New characters:
Symbiote Spidey
Spider-woman II
Volcania and Titania - These are very likely, either together, or with their respective boytoys (Molecule Man and Absorbing Man)
Dr. Doom Secret Wars armor (Am I remembering this correctly?)
Zsaji (Possibly with Collosus, but face it, she's pretty bland)

Likely due to the "80's outfits" that are pretty definitive-
Mowhawk Storm (I WANT THIS FIGURE SO BAD :love:)
Rogue
Captain Marvel II
Magneto (Unless I'm remembering wrong, didn't he have the purple costume with an M on it at this time?)

Likely two packs-
Symbiote Spidey/Lizard or Doc Ock
Thor/Wrecker
Pile Driver and Bulldozer with two other heroes
Kang, because he's just so 80's

Beast
02-16-2009, 11:58 AM
The confusion may have come from the 90's Spider-Man cartoon.
Where Beyonder had a cool armored appearance during the toon Secret Wars.

Your list sounds pretty good. But I don't think they'll make Zsaji honestly.
I'm hoping that Ultron makes the cut. And I have a feeling we'll get Thor/Enchantress.

Re: Magneto. Nope, he was in the regular costume from what I can tell.
You can see him in the group of heroes in the picture I've attached.

Beast
02-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Marvelous News has an audio recording of the Marvel Presentation.
Figured I'd post what the folks from Hasbro would vote for in the poll.

Jerome Jivoin - (Hasbro's Senior Brand Manager For Marvel Brand)

1. Paper Bag Spider-Man
2. Luke Cage (Though he'd prefer Classic tiara Luke)
3. Cannonball
4. Beyonder
5. Gladiator

David Vonner - (Senior Designer for Marvel)

1. Paper Bag Spider-Man
2. Vance Astro
3. Gladiator
4. Mystique
5. Brother Voodoo

Scott - (Not sure who this is)

1. Classic Wonder Man
2. Grim Reaper
3. Multiple Man
4. Paper Bag Spider-Man
5. Classic Captain Britain

Beast
02-16-2009, 03:52 PM
MarvelousNews.Com has pics of Wave 2 of the Wolverine movie line.
Very cool that it's more "Comic Series" figures instead of movie figures.
Happy to get Astonishing X-Men Cyke and Iceman. Not a bad Unmasked Wolvie either.

jedimastergeorge06
02-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Are all of the new xmen figures from the movie 3 3/4 inch figures. I saw them on hasbrotoyshop.com and im just not sure what size they are.

Beast
02-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Yep. All of them are 3 3/4"-4" scale.
Only lines that arn't that scale is the main Iron Man line and the Spider-Man lines.

NerfTW
02-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Oh for crying out loud, I can't keep track of these. Just when I think I can ignore the Wolverine line, they stick more X-men in it.

Does anyone have a list of release dates for the different waves and the comic packs?

Beast
02-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Marvel Universe Wave 1 and 2, and X-Men Origins Wolverine Wave 1 are out now in limited quantities.

Also showing up is the Wolverine and the X-Men Wave 1 Animated figure line.
As well as the Superhero Squad lines tying into X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

They'll hit full force when the street date comes, which is March 1st.

jedimastergeorge06
02-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Found them today at meijer near me. I dont know how long they have been out but i found them and if i didnt look twice down the isle i would have missed them. They are kinda easy to miss especialy if you arent expecting them to be there. But i must say..after looking at them i really really like these guys!! They are great!!! I didnt have enough money on me to get all that i wanted so i got the stealth blue iron man. VERY articulated! Im hooked. So i went tonight and bought the black wolverine and silver surfer on toysrus.com. Meijer had silver surfer,the blue iron man that i got, three spidermans, panther guy, the human torch and i think thats it. But im planning on getting more though as soon as i can. Its amazing to find these figure at meijer cause well...meijer sucks when it comes to the cool new stuff. These arent suppose to be out til march right? Oh well...thats fine with me. :thumbsup: Very excited about this collection!!! Bring them on hasbro...im ready!!!!

defiant00
02-16-2009, 09:43 PM
So does anyone know how the mail-away is going to work for Nick Fury? I haven't seen any info on how many UPCs, etc, and I noticed there was no pack-in with the figures like there was for the Indy line...

Beast
02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Not sure yet. It may have something to do with the Fury Files codes.

We'll hopefully find out sooner or later. I'd suggest keeping everything for now.

defiant00
02-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Ah, it could be sending in the little cards with the codes, or even just registering the codes on the website...

ZeoVGM
02-17-2009, 01:44 AM
I think it's going to be registering it online.

VexOrdo
02-17-2009, 06:50 AM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HMV78705A

Anyone else find it funny that you get x2 of the waves most popular figures in this set, Deadpool and Blue/Yellow Wolverine?

Beast
02-17-2009, 09:16 AM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HMV78705A

Anyone else find it funny that you get x2 of the waves most popular figures in this set, Deadpool and Blue/Yellow Wolverine?
Funny how?

Hasbro most likely assumed they would be the hot figures. And weighted the case that way.

VexOrdo
02-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Funny how?

Hasbro most likely assumed they would be the hot figures. And weighted the case that way.
Funny as in people are spending upwards of $25 for Deadpool when he is a figure that will be available x2 in a case!

Umbra
02-17-2009, 03:18 PM
I know I'm kinda randomly popping up n the thread here so this might have been addressed already, but has anyone had the chance to take a picture of one of these Marvel figures next to a regular star wars figure for comparison? Hopefully loose?

I'm a fan of marvel and wouldn't mind picking up a few of my favorite characters, but i'd much rather they look in line displayed next to eachother =/

Thanks

NerfTW
02-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Umbra, I think there's one at Toyark, possibly in this thread. They're about a quarter inch taller.

Vex, that makes more sense. I found the "I NEED IT EARLY" people to be a little ridiculous, especially considering how likely most of the popular figures are to be re-released to death. :rolleyes:

Beast
02-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Deadpool fans are crazy. That's all I can say.

TheRealDubya
02-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Just picked up a Wave 1 Spidey at my local comic shop -- such a nice figure. The sculpting is amazing. My heart skipped a little when I saw them on the peg. So begins my new collecting segment.

El Chuxter
02-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Deadpool fans are crazy. That's all I can say.

That's true. They're fans of a Liefeld "creation." Lock 'em all up, I say!

JediTricks
02-17-2009, 09:51 PM
MarvelousNews.Com has pics of Wave 2 of the Wolverine movie line.
Very cool that it's more "Comic Series" figures instead of movie figures.
Happy to get Astonishing X-Men Cyke and Iceman. Not a bad Unmasked Wolvie either.I kinda like that Cyclops. Iceman's head looks really bad though. Wolvie 2 is the same body as Wolvy 1.

Beast
02-17-2009, 10:23 PM
I kinda like that Cyclops. Iceman's head looks really bad though. Wolvie 2 is the same body as Wolvy 1.
Yeah. I like the Cyke as well. Though hope we get a classic one in the Secret Wars packs.

I dunno why Iceman always turns out weird. I definatly prefer the TRU 3-Pack one.

And yeah. Wish they just would have packed both heads with Series 1 Wolvie.

All three lines seriously need some more females though. It's sad.

Marvel Universe: Ms. Marvel (Wave 3), Firestar (TRU 3-Pack).
X-Men Origins: No Females
Wolverine/X-Men: No Females

Hopefully the Secret Wars packs will deliver a few. And we'll get more in 2010.

VexOrdo
02-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah. I like the Cyke as well. Though hope we get a classic one in the Secret Wars packs.

I dunno why Iceman always turns out weird. I definatly prefer the TRU 3-Pack one.

And yeah. Wish they just would have packed both heads with Series 1 Wolvie.
Ahh but then my friend, how would they make money! :whip:

JediTricks
02-17-2009, 10:36 PM

And yeah. Wish they just would have packed both heads with Series 1 Wolvie.For this pricepoint, they absolutely should have included both heads. And non-claw hands while they're at it. The hips on these things say "we're not for kids!" and the pricepoint confirms it, so there's no excuse except greed.

Iceman used to be such an easy figure, I remember the Toy Biz '90s line and the 9" version, those both were really adequate figures, nifty "surfboard" on the 5" figure. I dunno what changed either.

All three lines seriously need some more females though. It's sad.Hasbro needs to get their crap together on sculpting the ladies first, I don't like how these Marvel lines are similar to the GI Joe classics designs, it's a weird shape. The hips on this Origins line would not work for females either (we found that out with the Toy Biz ML line), but your point is taken.

Beast
02-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Yeah. I certainly don't mind if they don't release any females in the Wolverine movie line. And save most/all of them for Marvel Universe. I hate the leg articulation they're using on it. I much prefer the articulation they're using as a whole on the Marvel Universe line. But yeah, female figures in the Marvel Legends line have never been that great. I think Marvel Girl (Rachel Grey) is one of the better ones. Probably cause of the more streamlined articulation and the skirt to hide the ugly articulation.

jedimastergeorge06
02-18-2009, 08:45 PM
So i went to a a department store near me and im not going to say the name cause i dont want anyone to get into trouble but anyway went to this store and saw that they had the regular marvel universe figures on the pegs and so i grabbed one and took it to the person that was stocking the shelves and asked him if they had any more figures and i showed him what they looked like and he said no but we do have the wolverine origins movie line figures that arent suppose to be out til march but i can bring that out and let you look at them and if they scan then you have take what you want and i said ok thats cool and so he walked to the back and i waited about five minutes or less and he comes out with two cases of figures and he said that they do scan and to let him put them on the pegs then i can have what i wanted so i stood there while he did this and then he finished i got all of the the movie figures wave one except the maverick figure cause i went back later to get him and this guy had two arms full of theses and there were three figures left.

One case there was the 3 3/4 inch animated figures and the other case there was the movie line figures. And when it comes to the animated figures i only grabbed the iceman figure.....he even let me have one of the boxes that the figures came in.
They rung up for $8.44. One of the best shopping experiences ever!!! :thumbsup:

Maradona
02-18-2009, 09:28 PM
So i went to a a department store near me and im not going to say the name cause i dont want anyone to get into trouble but anyway went to this store and saw that they had the regular marvel universe figures on the pegs and so i grabbed one and took it to the person that was stocking the shelves and asked him if they had any more figures and i showed him what they looked like and he said no but we do have the wolverine origins movie line figures that arent suppose to be out til march but i can bring that out and let you look at them and if they scan then you have take what you want and i said ok thats cool and so he walked to the back and i waited about five minutes or less and he comes out with two cases of figures and he said that they do scan and to let him put them on the pegs then i can have what i wanted so i stood there while he did this and then he finished i got all of the the movie figures wave one except the maverick figure cause i went back later to get him and this guy had two arms full of theses and there were three figures left.

It may be the curse of the English teacher in me, but this entire paragraph has only one punctuation mark and only one capital letter. Despite this, you scored well when it came to getting figures.

jedimastergeorge06
02-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah, sorry..i was to excited to even notice...lol anyway..yeah thanks! It was great!!

VexOrdo
02-18-2009, 10:02 PM

One case there was the 3 3/4 inch animated figures and the other case there was the movie line figures. And when it comes to the animated figures i only grabbed the iceman figure.....he even let me have one of the boxes that the figures came in.
They rung up for $8.44. One of the best shopping experiences ever!!! :thumbsup:

It's a Festivus miracle! Now if I could be that lucky, the things I could do :frus:

Beast
02-18-2009, 10:29 PM
*Wants some of the cartoon figures darnit*

I need a Beast so bad I can taste it. :D

VexOrdo
02-18-2009, 10:31 PM
*Wants some of the cartoon figures darnit*

I need a Beast so bad I can taste it. :D

Can anyone else figure out why Beast would want a Beast? Hmm . . . :yes:

ZeoVGM
02-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Damn, I can't believe after all these years, thanks to buying one Mighty Mugg, I'm back into collecting.

I'm just waiting for the damn things to hit my area.

But I'm checking every Sunday. Not gonna go crazy looking. They'll be here soon.

defiant00
02-19-2009, 12:31 AM
I went into a TRU in Evansville, IN, and found the entire Origins line tonight! I scored 2 Deadpools, 2 Gambits (FINALLY!), 1 yellow costume Wolverine, and 1 Logan. There was only 1 Gambit on the peg, but I asked at the cashier and they said that there was another unopened case in the back, so they opened it and gave me the other Gambit! They also had one MU Johnny Storm, but I didn't see any other MU figs. I almost missed them completely, there was only one peg that was kinda buried among the Iron Man and Hulk stuff. Until the next wave hits, I've already got all of the figures I want from the first wave of MU and Origins, and they aren't even supposed to be out for another ten days!!

defiant00
02-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Beast, I'm noticing what you have mentioned earlier about the differences between the Origins figures and the MU figures. The biggest difference I've noticed, aside from the hip articulation, is the fact that the X-Factor Wolverine has three separate claws on each hand, while all of the Origins Wolverine figures have the claws as one piece.

RooJay
02-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Yeah, sorry..i was to excited to even notice...lol anyway..yeah thanks! It was great!!

Also, you should have typed "too excited" just there. Surely that was a simple typo, however.

...I'm sorry...Maradona opened the door...

dantes_inferno
02-19-2009, 04:45 AM
im new to the site, just joined....but i had to post here. stores around here just dont seem to ever carry any toys that i want....BUT....i did manage to order some from a site, ive got the x-force wolverine and iron man, with Cap, grey Hulk, ronin, and black panther on the way (im soooo hoping they come tomorrow....but thats wishful thinking) i wanna find some of the origins figures...i want deadpool, gambit, and either the blue/yellow wolvie or the brown one....i had FINALLY stopped spending my money on toys....then i saw these freakin things. theyre just awesome, i love em...ugh....anyways, yeah :)

EDIT- i just saw Toywiz had the green hulk and goblin for only $10 each...i had to get them...crap >_<

NerfTW
02-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Beast, I'm noticing what you have mentioned earlier about the differences between the Origins figures and the MU figures. The biggest difference I've noticed, aside from the hip articulation, is the fact that the X-Factor Wolverine has three separate claws on each hand, while all of the Origins Wolverine figures have the claws as one piece.

There's also the little fact of the Origins figure's claws coming out of the knuckles instead of the back of the hand.

As for $10 for wave 2 figures, come on, show a little restraint and wait 3 weeks. The figures aren't even supposed to be released for another week and a half. Don't support scalpers.

Beast
02-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Ok. Just like with Superhero Squad there's a pretty major spoiler on an upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie figure. So anyone who is spoiler sensitive probably doesn't want to look at the picture I'm going to attach. Thankfully the thumbnail is small, so you won't see it too well unless you look.

But here is the Movie version of Deadpool. I can't say I like it. :cry:

I think I may skip all of the movie figures. Just get the Comic Series ones.
Even then I'm not happy about the claw placement and the crappy legs.

ZeoVGM
02-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I really hope he attaches bones to himself in the movie to mock Wolverine and that they didn't actually give him claws.

That would be stupid with a capital ****ing.

defiant00
02-19-2009, 10:44 PM
So does anyone know when any of the other "Movie" figures are supposed to be out? I figured they'd hold them back until closer to the movie release to prevent spoilers, but I guess I was wrong!

plasticfetish
02-19-2009, 11:37 PM
...but has anyone had the chance to take a picture of one of these Marvel figures next to a regular star wars figure for comparison? Hopefully loose?Yes. A few pages back...

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=664680&postcount=347

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saw both of the Hulk figures today (grey and green) at a local shop, and it/they looked great. Which isn't a surprise, because I was pretty sure that I'd love that one.

Said "local shop" was charging $11.99 for Marvel Universe figures, so I skipped them... for now.

Beast
02-20-2009, 12:49 AM
Ouch. $11.99? Comic Shop I assume?

I would have taken a Grey Hulk at that price probably. If he doesn't get re-slotted in a future case.

Phantom-like Menace
02-20-2009, 03:15 AM
Yeah, I really hope they don't go that way with Deadpool in the movie. Please don't make as awesome a decision as casting Reynolds, then screw up with that stuff.

Of course I've been upset since the beginning that they didn't get Kelly Hu back as Deathstrike. She definitely did it for me in X2, and I was really hoping to see more of what the movies would do with her character.

Otherwise, I'm more and more excited about the 3 3/4" figures, and I wish some of my stores would leak some figures before March 1, but I can wait.

plasticfetish
02-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Ouch. $11.99? Comic Shop I assume?

I would have taken a Grey Hulk at that price probably. If he doesn't get re-slotted in a future case.Yeah, a comic shop (http://www.tfaw.com)... which is a favorite, but they do pump up their prices for stuff like this.

I came very close to paying $12 for grey Hulk anyway, but I'm willing to take my chances and wait. Was really tempting though... seeing them in person has made waiting 'til the 1st a lot harder.

Beast
02-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Good news for those who were worried they would end up with a ton of Yellow 1st Apperance Daredevils while trying to army building the Hydra Soldier and White Hand Ninja. :)

From RTM:

Speaking with David and Scott at New York, there may have been confusion. Yes, Spider-Man and his Amazing friends are being packed together, but the other three you spoke of will not be. They are just to show which ones we'll see in future packs (keeping army builders together). Daredevil will be in a set without army-builders, as was told to me.
That's good news. Guess we'll get a 3-Pack with nothing but Army Builders.

I say... White Hand Ninja, Hydra Soldier, and AIM Scientist. :D

No clue what could come with the 1st Appearance Daredevil though.

Rocketboy
02-20-2009, 06:52 PM
No clue what could come with the 1st Appearance Daredevil though.Four baby turtles and a canister of slime?

Beast
02-20-2009, 07:09 PM
Four baby turtles and a canister of slime?
Well, that's an idea. They could include Stick at least. :)

VexOrdo
02-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I like the turtle idea, maybe Daredevil in the armored costume, or Elektra in her black costume. Anything could really go, maybe Kingpin!

Beast
02-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Ok, this is coming from a post over on Fwoosh. So take with grain of salt.

Street date is dead! According to a post on RTM, TRU got an e-mail from Hasbro this morning telling them to kill the street date and put everything out. I checked my TRU (which is very good about sticking to street dates) and although they didn't have a thing out yesterday, they had put out everything they had of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Marvel Universe, and Wolverine & The X-Men figures.
So good luck! Happy hunting! And buy lotsa toys!! :D

El Chuxter
02-20-2009, 10:28 PM
If it has the four baby turtles, they'd better have a freaking truck with the TCRI logo and make it a playset.

ZeoVGM
02-21-2009, 12:52 AM
It's true guys, the street date is dead. I was just at the Walmart in Raynham, MA and saw boxes with stuff like WLV COMIC FIGURES and MVL UNI on them.

Some new Hasbro stuff, like the Spectacular Spider-Man ooze fights were already out.

I'll be grabbing the MU stuff in the morning, when they should be finished being put up.

JetsAndHeels
02-21-2009, 01:39 PM
That's interesting, but it looks like my WM here in town is sticking to the street date.

The toy manager (whom I know very well) told me they had the Wolverine and Marvel figs but could not place them on the sales floor until the 1st.

jedimastergeorge06
02-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Went to toysrus tonight and found the new wolverine figures. So i finished the first wave with maverick. I must say more more i see these guys in the package the more i like them. Its the only figures i have seen that look good in the package especialy deadpool.:thumbsup:

VexOrdo
02-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Why do I get the short end of the stick, my dad was out shopping earlier today. He asked someone at Wal-mart if they had any and if the street date were dead, and the guy said no, and he was the eighth person to ask him. Then he went into TRU and there was no one around to ask, Kingston sucks!

jedimastergeorge06
02-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I have a question, when it comes to the new comic 3 3/4s inch figures with the wolverine movie packageing will the actual movie figures be release with them on or by march 1st? And i saw that hts has two of the actual movie figures (logan, sabertooth) on the site and was wondering will there be more than those two figures that will be released on march 1st or will there be more than that?

ZeoVGM
02-21-2009, 11:34 PM
I have a question, when it comes to the new comic 3 3/4s inch figures with the wolverine movie packageing will the actual movie figures be release with them on or by march 1st? And i saw that hts has two of the actual movie figures (logan, sabertooth) on the site and was wondering will there be more than those two figures that will be released on march 1st or will there be more than that?

Same time.

NerfTW
02-22-2009, 08:34 AM
Why do I get the short end of the stick, my dad was out shopping earlier today. He asked someone at Wal-mart if they had any and if the street date were dead, and the guy said no, and he was the eighth person to ask him. Then he went into TRU and there was no one around to ask, Kingston sucks!

Hey neat, a fellow Hudson Valley-an. You're right, the Walmarts here suck. I was going to check the Poughkeepsie Toys R Us yesterday but was too busy.

Beast
02-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Take it with a grain of salt. But this apperantly is Wave 2 of the Secret Wars 2-Packs.

Hulk & Cyclops
Black Spider-Man & Magneto
Iron Man & Spider-Woman

Thoughts.

Hulk & Cyclops - Hopefully the Hulk in the Secret Wars packs will feature a different head at least. Given some people arn't happy with his current head. Very very happy to see that we're getting a classic Cyclops though. Now we just need a Marvel Girl version of Jean Grey for the Trial of Phoenix.

Black Spidey & Magneto - I figured that Black Spidey would be in the line. But I figured it would be in one of the later packs. Very happy to see Magneto getting made in the line though. Especially since the line needs not only more X-Men but also more villains. And Magneto fills both roles.

Iron Man & Spider-Woman - I guess we'll be getting the so-called "Alien Armor" modification for Iron Man from Secret Wars #8 or so. Would be cool if he had a interchangable Rhodey head and hands. But he never showed his face in Secret Wars. IIRC Reed saw his hands though. And cool that we're getting the Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman. Hopefully this means we'll see the Jessica Drew version in the main line.

Phantom-like Menace
02-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Good looking out, Beast.

I snagged yellow Wolverine (forgot to even look for the brown, but I was in a hurry), Gambit, and Deadpool. I opted out on Sabretooth, since I really want a classic comic look. I may cave and get him later but maybe after I get another paycheck in the bank.

My only complaint is with Deadpool. His AK is a little too big, but his sai is ridiculously large. It's almost as long as the katana. His handgun is a little loose in his holster too. Otherwise, these guys are pretty sweet, and I'm going to have to make sure to hit Wal-Mart to see if they put any MU out. My TRU only had Wolverine Origins.

figrin bran
02-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I saw some of wave 1 at my local comic book store today. At $14.99 for each, I'll wait, of course but wow are these ever some nice figures! Hulk is a lot larger than I thought he would be. I also like that the cards aren't that large, not that I'll keep any of the figures carded from this line.

NerfTW
02-23-2009, 10:44 AM
If Hulk is in the Secret Wars line, it will very likely be a new sculpt. (or a repaint of some other figure) During that time period, Hulk was still just a larger than average man, not the giant he was in the 90's-modern era.

As for Cyclops, YAY! I didn't like the Wolverine Origins one that much. Reminds me of the Toy Biz Quicksilver that came out way back when. Too skinny and with teeny tiny hands.

jedimastergeorge06
02-23-2009, 08:01 PM
I got both of my packages today that i ordered a week ago from bigbadtoystore.com and toysrus.com.

From bigbadtoystore.com i got.....

-punisher

-ironman (the red and yellow)

-the torch ( super nova)

-captain america ( hes the best so far i think besides ironman and spiderman )

And from toysrus.com i got.....

-wolverince the black and gray

I have to say that im really getting into this line alot more than star wars and thats saying alot because star wars has been something that ive been really into for the past 14 years and this marvel 3 inch line is just awsome....Its getting me excited about collecting again. And i cant wait until these figures are officaly out so that i can find them else where besides meijer, toysrus oh and a walmart that is about 20 minutes away. So keep these great figures coming hasbro.:thumbsup:

jedimastergeorge06
02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
I went to hasbros marvel site where they have the ticker on the left side and it says 2 days 2hours and 2 mins til the big bang. Whats that mean...is that when the figures come out?? Because i thought the offical launch is march 1st and in two days it will be the 25ths? Im confused......Oh and has any body figured out anything about the mail away figure? Like what is needed and what we have to do to get it?

NerfTW
02-23-2009, 09:14 PM
I see 5 days, 2 hours, 46 mins, 11 sec.

Did you read the hours as days, mins as hours, and secs as min?

Also, it uses your computer clock to compute that number, did someone set your clock ahead 3 days?

Beast
02-23-2009, 11:03 PM
I don't think anyone noticed or mentioned this during NYCC. At least I don't recall it being mentioned. But it looks like we're getting the Dark Blue/White version of the Fantastic Four also. Maybe as part of a store exclusive or something. We don't know what Target will have yet this year. But there was a Wave 1 Johnny with that color uniform on display that I don't remember anyone mentioning.

Beast
02-24-2009, 10:59 AM
hlinhk128 on Fwoosh found this list of possible upcoming Marvel Universe figures on the Wal-Mart computer system. Of course, take everything with a grain of salt. Often those listings can be early info and figures can end up being pushed back of cancelled. But here's what he's found on the computers under Marvel Universe.

Electro
Vision
Sunfire
Jean Grey (No idea what version)
Warpath (maybe X-Force ver. to go w/ the Wolvie)
Wolv (Maybe anoher version?)
SM House (House of M Spidey?)
Sub Mariner
Spdmn VA??
Cyclops
Beast
Electro we knew about from the Toy Fair presentation. But the others are new.

I'm sure that Vision is most likely the Avengers version. But Young Avengers would rock also.

Hoping that Sunfire is the classic look, so we can start building the All-New All-Different team.

As I said before, hope that Jean is in her Marvel Girl look. To go with Classic Cyke from Secret Wars.

Warpath! Likely X-Force. Hopefully there will be a Thunderbird variant to go with Sunfire.

Another Wolverine isn't a surprise. Hopefully it's the Tiger Stripe version. Since I hate the XMO one.

House of M Spidey? Could be. Interesting choice. But I'm all for new unique versions of Spidey.

Sub Mariner. I assume this will be the Black Costume. Since speedo Namor's in the Invaders set.

No clue what Spider-Man VA could be. None of his appearances match what VA could be. AFAIK.

Cyclops. Probably either an Astonishing X-Men version or possibly either the Jim Lee or X-Factor costumes.

Beast. Almost certain to be Cat/Astonishing X-Men costume. Though X-Factor would be keen.

NerfTW
02-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Every Spider-man costume I know of, since I was going over it in my head for no reason last night:

I didn't realize there was a Spider-man House of M costume, so I may be missing recent ones.

Classic
Symbiote
Iron Spider

Scarlett Spider
Sensational Spider-man (Ben Reilly)

Spider-man 2099
Paper-bag Spidey
Cosmic Spidey
Electro-suit Spidey
Doc Ock Spidey
Four armed Spidey
Man Spider
Spider-Armor (That grey and black armor that appeared once and used to show up as "Invincibility" in the games)
Spidey 2011 or whatever that was

Spider-Carnage
And what the hell, they're clones of Peter: Kaine, Spider-cide
Doppleganger Spidey from Infinity War or whichever one it was.

Oh yeah, and Peter Parker himself.

I know I'm missing a major obscure one, because I remember going "AHA!" about something during the Four-armed Spidey/Man Spider time period.

mabudonicus
02-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Yer missin "Spiderman Unlimited" where he had that stupid web-cape and fought the animal-headed dudes, that show was AWFUL

Oh and Spidey VS Wolverine "costume shop" spidey with "Die Spinner" on the back

Oh and "classic" has a number of subtle variants, like some have under-arm webs and some don't, and the spider on the back is different depending on the artist.

OH and huge-eyes-tiny-head McFarlane Spidey
:beard: Iso&Baws
Can't think of anymore- OH WAIT Peter Parker Agent of SHIELD from "What if...?"

NerfTW
02-24-2009, 12:50 PM
They said comics only, though, so Spider-man unlimited is right out.

That's the other ones I was remembering! The different What If outfits. There's also a blue and white Fantastic Four outfit from the "New Fantastic Four" what if.

And Dino Spidey from the Excalibur comics where they go to a world where dinosaurs evolved instead of mammals.

And now that I think of it, there's a few Exiles versions, but that's really stretching it past obscure and into "Why would we even waste a slot on that?". lol

Beast
02-24-2009, 01:33 PM
We're likely going to get Paper Bag Spider-Man. So I don't think anything is too obscure. ;)

NerfTW
02-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah, but he's like Spider-Armor Spider-man. He only appeared once, but it was unique enough to be remembered long after everyone forgot why he had a paper bag on his head.

(It was after he removed the symbiote, right?)

On the topic of costumes, am I right in thinking we're getting all of Cap's costumes this year? We have
Ultimates,
Regular,
WWII,
Bucky,
and the SDCC exclusive that is being described as both on ice and the U.S. Agent/Captain costume.

That only leaves
Ultimates WWII,
a varient head for Ultimate Cap,
the utility suit cap from the storyline in the 90's where the serum was killing him
The Iron Man cap armor he had for a few issues after before getting the blood transfusion from Red Skull
The blue and red jumpsuit he wore when he was stripped of his title a few issues later (I.E. no star and stripe pattern, blue bandanna mask)

Oh, and Wolf-cap.

And the Heroes Reborn Cap whom we shall never mention again.
I take that back, there's a lot left.

El Chuxter
02-24-2009, 02:40 PM
I want a set of "Stupid 90s Fantastic Four":

Thing with half his face missing and a stupid mask
Lyja with big-arse Liefeld gun
Reed Richards stuck in Doom's armor
Half-naked Sue Storm (variant is half-naked, uh, whatever that stupid villain was that she became for an issue or two)

NerfTW
02-24-2009, 02:44 PM
I want a set of "Stupid 90s Fantastic Four":

Thing with half his face missing and a stupid mask
Lyja with big-arse Liefeld gun
Reed Richards stuck in Doom's armor
Half-naked Sue Storm (variant is half-naked, uh, whatever that stupid villain was that she became for an issue or two)

Malice was her "evil dark side caused by years of Reed treating her like a 50's housewife". :razz:

You forgot Franklin as Psi-Lord.

ZeoVGM
02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
They said comics only, though, so Spider-man unlimited is right out.

That's the other ones I was remembering! The different What If outfits. There's also a blue and white Fantastic Four outfit from the "New Fantastic Four" what if.

I would love a 4-pack of that "New Fantastic Four" What If comic. That would make a nice store-exclusive item.

ZeoVGM
02-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Every Spider-man costume I know of, since I was going over it in my head for no reason last night:

I didn't realize there was a Spider-man House of M costume, so I may be missing recent ones.

Classic
Symbiote
Iron Spider

Scarlett Spider
Sensational Spider-man (Ben Reilly)

Spider-man 2099
Paper-bag Spidey
Cosmic Spidey
Electro-suit Spidey
Doc Ock Spidey
Four armed Spidey
Man Spider
Spider-Armor (That grey and black armor that appeared once and used to show up as "Invincibility" in the games)
Spidey 2011 or whatever that was

Spider-Carnage
And what the hell, they're clones of Peter: Kaine, Spider-cide
Doppleganger Spidey from Infinity War or whichever one it was.

Oh yeah, and Peter Parker himself.

I know I'm missing a major obscure one, because I remember going "AHA!" about something during the Four-armed Spidey/Man Spider time period.

The House of M costume would be neat but wow, I really want Spider-Carnage. Spidey 2211 (you were close!) would be cool too, but I doubt it'd happen. A Spidey 2211/Goblin 2211 two-pack would work though.

Here's my list of most wanted Spidey costumes/alternate versions of Spidey in this line, from most wanted to least wanted (but hell, they're still wanted -- I'd be okay with a Spidey per line, I'm such a fan):

Paper Bag Spider-Man
Spider-Carnage
Cosmic Spider-Man
Scarlet Spider
Iron Spider-Man
Doc Ock Spider-Man
Six-Armed Spider-Man
Spider-Man (Ben Reilly)
Spider-Armor
Spider-Man 2211
Kaine
Insulated Spider-Man
House of M Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2099
Spidercide
Doppleganger
Man-Spider

You could do some really great Spider-Man Comic Packs too. A few of the ones I mentioned would probably work a lot better as Comic Packs than single figures.

Spider-Man 2211 & Goblin 2211 w/ Spider-Man 2099 Meets Spider-Man One-Shot*
Spider-Man 2099 & Venom 2099 w/ an issue from the Venom arc in Spider-Man 2099
Insulated Spider-Man & Electro w/ corresponding issue
Kaine & Spidercide w/ corresponding the Maximum Clonage (I think) arc where Spidercide kills Kaine
Demogoblin & Doppleganger w/ an issue from the Maximum Carnage arc

They could do entire lines for House of M and Maximum Carnage could be entire Comic Pack waves, really.

I love me some Spidey. Oh, and give me a damn Anti-Venom in the next MU wave. I'll update with pictures later on tonight if I'm not too lazy.

El Chuxter
02-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Is this (http://www.comics.org/graphics/covers/3059/400/3059_4_0100.jpg) the one you meant by "Spider-Armor"?

I always dug this look (http://www.comics.org/graphics/covers/4049/400/4049_4_021.jpg), too (which is not a cybernetic arm, as the cover blurb suggests, but the equivalent of high-tech bandages to allow him to fight the Sinister Six while healing from some serious injuries).

Beast
02-24-2009, 05:54 PM
You may have to attach those or something.

It doesn't seem to allow direct linking. Lame, as usual.

NerfTW
02-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Is this (http://www.comics.org/graphics/covers/3059/400/3059_4_0100.jpg) the one you meant by "Spider-Armor"?

I always dug this look (http://www.comics.org/graphics/covers/4049/400/4049_4_021.jpg), too (which is not a cybernetic arm, as the cover blurb suggests, but the equivalent of high-tech bandages to allow him to fight the Sinister Six while healing from some serious injuries).

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. I wanted to make sure anyone newer to Spider-man knew that I wasn't referring to the Iron Spider armor, especially since the black and silver Spider Armor hasn't really showed up in a game in years, I believe.

JediTricks
02-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Ok. Just like with Superhero Squad there's a pretty major spoiler on an upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie figure. So anyone who is spoiler sensitive probably doesn't want to look at the picture I'm going to attach. Thankfully the thumbnail is small, so you won't see it too well unless you look.

But here is the Movie version of Deadpool. I can't say I like it. :cry:

I think I may skip all of the movie figures. Just get the Comic Series ones.
Even then I'm not happy about the claw placement and the crappy legs.Ugh, that's a heinous design, top to bottom.

Yer missin "Spiderman Unlimited" where he had that stupid web-cape and fought the animal-headed dudes, that show was AWFULAnd they voiced him all wrong, then used that guy to voice the titular character in "The Batman" as well.

Yeah, but he's like Spider-Armor Spider-man. He only appeared once, but it was unique enough to be remembered long after everyone forgot why he had a paper bag on his head.

(It was after he removed the symbiote, right?)Indeed it was.

Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. I wanted to make sure anyone newer to Spider-man knew that I wasn't referring to the Iron Spider armor, especially since the black and silver Spider Armor hasn't really showed up in a game in years, I believe.I remember that armor, it made for a really cool toy, which Toy Biz used several times, with great success IMO.

plasticfetish
02-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Is this (http://www.comics.org/graphics/covers/3059/400/3059_4_0100.jpg) the one you meant by "Spider-Armor"?WTF!?! When was Spider-Man in Judas Priest?

RooJay
02-25-2009, 02:42 AM
The only possible Spidey variant I can think of that coincides with 'VA' is Vampire Armor Spider-Man. Although, I'm pretty sure he never appeared in the comics in that uniform and was actually a Toy Biz creation if I'm not mistaken.

ZeoVGM
02-25-2009, 02:44 AM
hlinhk128 on Fwoosh found this list of possible upcoming Marvel Universe figures on the Wal-Mart computer system. Of course, take everything with a grain of salt. Often those listings can be early info and figures can end up being pushed back of cancelled. But here's what he's found on the computers under Marvel Universe.

Electro we knew about from the Toy Fair presentation. But the others are new.

I'm sure that Vision is most likely the Avengers version. But Young Avengers would rock also.

Hoping that Sunfire is the classic look, so we can start building the All-New All-Different team.

As I said before, hope that Jean is in her Marvel Girl look. To go with Classic Cyke from Secret Wars.

Warpath! Likely X-Force. Hopefully there will be a Thunderbird variant to go with Sunfire.

Another Wolverine isn't a surprise. Hopefully it's the Tiger Stripe version. Since I hate the XMO one.

House of M Spidey? Could be. Interesting choice. But I'm all for new unique versions of Spidey.

Sub Mariner. I assume this will be the Black Costume. Since speedo Namor's in the Invaders set.

No clue what Spider-Man VA could be. None of his appearances match what VA could be. AFAIK.

Cyclops. Probably either an Astonishing X-Men version or possibly either the Jim Lee or X-Factor costumes.

Beast. Almost certain to be Cat/Astonishing X-Men costume. Though X-Factor would be keen.

Someone posted that on Marvelous, but with more, including Red Hulk at the bottom of that list, which is another one we've seen, along with Electro.

Secret Wars Comic Packs --- $12.88

Hulk C ???
SM BLC (Black costume Spidey?)
IM S- (its as exactly as I wrote it, Iron Man & ??)

That would match what you posted earlier in the thread about wave 2.

Wolverine Movie --- $8.44

Wolv Yellow
Wolv Red

Red? Having trouble thinking what that could be.

Wolverine Movie Battle Packs (BTTL MV PACK) $11.97
Messiah Complex
Battle X-Men
Apocolypse
Uncanny X-Men
Animation

Those are the SHS packs.

Beast
02-25-2009, 06:53 AM
Yeah, I left Red Hulk and the rest of the info off...
Mostly cause we already know about all of the other stuff.

The so-called red Wolverine is the Brown/Tan costume version.
For some reason he's being called Red. Don't ask me... Heh.

Oh, and the person who posted the list said he forgot one. Since he scribbled the list down after checking, and missed it when he posted earlier....

GUARDIAN!!

So that's our first member of Alpha Flight. No wonder he wasn't on the Hasbro poll, yet Vindicator was. Very cool. We know folks at Hasbro are fans of Alpha Flight. Hopefully in this scale we'll actually see the team get done. We'll have to wait and see how the team did in the polls.

mm74md
02-25-2009, 09:56 AM
I picked up a few of these of the past few days. I first found them at K-Mart at $8.99 a pop. Then last night I found them at Wal-Mart at....$8.44 a pop!

What gives? For $2 you can buy a DC Universe Classics or Marvel Legends figure.

Oh well, at least I got a Grey Hulk and Green Goblin. These are very, very cool. But way too overpriced in my opinion.

ZeoVGM
02-25-2009, 11:39 AM
I picked up a few of these of the past few days. I first found them at K-Mart at $8.99 a pop. Then last night I found them at Wal-Mart at....$8.44 a pop!

What gives? For $2 you can buy a DC Universe Classics or Marvel Legends figure.

Oh well, at least I got a Grey Hulk and Green Goblin. These are very, very cool. But way too overpriced in my opinion.

The Infinite Heroes you mean? If only they didn't suck. :P

They are expensive though, but that's just how it happens. Everything is going up. New ML waves will go up in price as well.

TRU sells them for $7.something, by the way.

TheRealDubya
02-25-2009, 12:18 PM
The Infinite Heroes you mean? If only they didn't suck. :P

They are expensive though, but that's just how it happens. Everything is going up. New ML waves will go up in price as well.

TRU sells them for $7.something, by the way.

I think he meant to say "for 2 dollars more..."

Beast
02-25-2009, 01:00 PM
I think he meant to say "for 2 dollars more..."
$2.00 more. 2" bigger. Sounds about right. :D

So $7.99 is a pretty good price. Plus Marvel Legends/DCUC are $10.99 now.

Plus anyone who's been collecting Star Wars or G.I. Joe should have expected this price.

NerfTW
02-25-2009, 01:08 PM

If they're calling her Jean Grey on the package, it's most likely the 90's Uncanny X-men outfit. (The one from the cartoon)

Because that's the only time I recall her actually going by "Jean Grey" without a code name. All other costumes I think she always used Marvel Girl or Phoenix, then when they did the 90's blue and gold teams, almost nobody used code names for a few years.

I would die if we got this outfit, since that's what she was wearing the entire time I was reading the comics.

Beast
02-25-2009, 01:31 PM
If they do do that version, the Marvel Legends folks are gonna pitch a fit.

They're already growling about The Wrecking Crew, Klaw, Firestar, etc.

But the Jean Grey (Jim Lee) has been a figure that has been high on the polls for ages.

NerfTW
02-25-2009, 01:35 PM
I've been wanting one since ToyBiz's first X-men wave.

Okay, probably not. I don't think the cartoon had started yet, so I think my knowledge of X-men was limited to the blue team at that point.

The only one in that outfit I remember was a "space suit" version that had the animated series space suit on.

edit- looks like there were a few in the repaint lines, I never saw those.http://farm1.static.flickr.com/222/509180898_4017136957.jpg?v=0

Phantom-like Menace
02-25-2009, 01:45 PM

Guilty as charged. :razz: Actually I feel I'm grumbling more than growling. Actually, which is less grumbling or growling?

jedimastergeorge06
02-25-2009, 02:25 PM
Went to walmart that is about 15 or 20 minutes away....anway they had probably about 12 pegs full of the marvel universe figures. So i got the grey hulk, green hulk,green goblin and ronin.

I love the both hulks...very good sculpt. So im kind of cought up, so just waiting for the rest to come out on sunday or before. The thing i hate about these figures is the price but oh well what can you do. To me they are worth it.

But anyway at that walmart they had around ten capt. america's, four grey hulks, four green hulks, about ten or so of the black and grey wolverine, three green goblins, around six of the yellow ironman, five human torch super nova figure, two of the regular human torch, so they had a lot. Went to toysrus and they about six of the wolverine figures and about five of the marvel universe figures so they didnt have a lot at all. Went to my nearest walmart and they had none...i called them though and they said that they wont put any out til the 1st so ill stop by there sunday to see what they have. Went to target and they didnt have any at all either and meijer had three of the marvel universe figures. So as of right now they only place i can go to get any is at the most twenty minutes away and thats fine with me...ill go that far but no farther.

jedimastergeorge06
02-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Does any body have a list of whats coming out as far as the marvel universe figures and the wolverine movie figures and exclusives and etc?

Beast
02-25-2009, 10:11 PM
I can post the updated list in a second.
Here's the case breakdowns for Wave 3.
New figures from the wave in bold.

Wave 3:
1x Spider-Man
1x Ultimates Captain America
1x Hulk
2x Black Costume Spider-Man
1x Thing
1x Punisher
2x Iron Man (Classic)
1x Ms. Marvel
1x Ms. Marvel (Classic)
1x Hand Ninja

Wave 3 - Revision 1:
1x Spider-Man
1x Ultimates Captain America
1x Hulk
1x Black Costume Spider-Man
1x Thing
1x Punisher
1x Iron Man (Classic)
1x Green Goblin
1x Ronin
1x Hand Ninja
1x Human Torch (Fantastic Four Costume)

A tad worried about the lack of Ms. Marvels in the second case ratio.

Rocketboy
02-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Is there a pic of the revised Punisher out there yet?
Not sure if I want to pick up he first one or if I should wait and pic up the revised one.

ZeoVGM
02-25-2009, 11:26 PM
If they do do that version, the Marvel Legends folks are gonna pitch a fit.

Haha, yeah.

It makes me almost embarrassed to have gotten back into this hobby after reading some bitter posts. WAHH HASBRO SUCKS, KILLING THE ML LINE (which isn't true), OMG 4" LINE GOT IT FIRST SCREW HASBRO.

There will always be a figure that didn't end up being made that people really want. It's like, just... deal with it.

By the way, what comic is that Steal Ops Iron Man from? I saw an SSH of it too, so I assume it's been used before.

DarkArtist
02-26-2009, 12:57 PM
still have yet to spot these at retail - looking forward to Sunday and getting a few hopefully, really love the look of the figures shown so far and can't wait to see how this line progresses

Beast
02-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Does any body have a list of whats coming out as far as the marvel universe figures and the wolverine movie figures and exclusives and etc?
Sorry I didn't post it last night. But this is what we know...

Marvel Universe - Wave 1:
Black Panther
Bullseye
Daredevil
Human Torch (Flamed On)
Human Torch (F4 costume)
Iron Man (Modern)
Iron Man (Stealth Armor)
Punisher (Classic)
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man
Wolverine (X-Force)

Marvel Universe - Wave 2:
Green Goblin
Hulk (Green)
Hulk (Grey)
Iron Fist
Ronin
Ultimate Captain America

Marvel Universe - Wave 3:
Black Costume Spider-Man
Classic Iron Man
Hand Ninja
Ms. Marvel (Modern)
Ms. Marvel (1st Appearance)
Punisher (Modern)
The Thing

Nick Fury/S.H.I.E.L.D. Soldier (Mail-Away)

Marvel Universe - Wave 4:
Blade
Hobgoblin
Moon Knight
Red Hulk
Union Jack

Marvel Universe - Wave 5:
Electro

Marvel Universe - Unconfirmed:
Colossus
Thor (Modern)
Human Torch (Dark Blue/White Costume)
Vision
Sunfire
Jean Grey
Warpath
Wolverine
House of M Spidey?
Sub Mariner
Spider-Man VA?
Cyclops
Beast

Secret Wars - 25th Anniversary Comic 2-Packs
Secret Wars #1 - Captain America & Claw
Secret Wars #2 - Wolverine (Brown) & Human Torch
Secret Wars #3 - Spider-Man & Thunderball

Secret Wars #4 - Hulk & Cyclops
Secret Wars #5 - Black Costume Spider-Man & Magneto
Secret Wars #6 - Iron Man & Spider-Woman

Secret Wars #7 - #12 Unknown at this time.

Marvel Universe (SDCC Exclusives):
The Captain (Captain America, Black/White Redeco)
The Invaders Box Set (Captain America, Human Torch (Jim Hammond), Namor, Red Skull)

"Marvel Universe 3-Packs" (TRU Exclusives):
Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends (Spider-Man, Firestar, Iceman)
Unknown Sets (Yellow Daredevil, Hydra Soldier, White Hand Ninja)*

*There were also the following three figures on display from the 3-Packs.
However they are from different packs. No clue what ones yet..

"Gigantic Battles" (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Iron Man (Winged Mask "Ditko") w/ Goliath
Captain America (Bucky Cap) w/ Giant Skrull

Note: Galactus w/ Surfer and Sentinel w/ Wolverine were shown during the Hasbro presentation.

There is some confusion on whether they are coming or not.
I will be trying to get an answer from Hasbro as soon as possible. Probably in March's Q&A.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wave 1 "Comic Series"
Strike Mission Wolverine
Wolverine (Tiger-Stripe)
Wolverine (Brown/Tan)
Logan (Civvies)
Weapon X
Gambit
Sabretooth
Maverick
Deadpool

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wave 2 "Movie Series"
Logan w/ Interchangable Hands
Wolverine
Sabretooth
Deadpool

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wave 3 "Comic Series"
Cyclops
Iceman
Unmasked Wolverine (Tiger-Stripe)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Deluxe Figures:
Weapon X w/ Containment Tank
Wolverine w/ Motorcylce
Blob & Sabretooth [Long Hair]
Deadpool w/ Big Freakin' Gun

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Exclusives
Premium Series Creed w/ Coat (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Premium Series Logan w/ Coat (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
Logan w/ Bone Claws, Bike, and Sabretooth [short hair] - (Toys R Us)

Wolverine and the X-Men - Wave 1:

Wolverine
Logan (Civvies)
Beast
Cyclops
Magneto
Colossus
Iceman
Avalanche

Wolverine and the X-Men - Wave 2:
Nightcrawler
Wolverine (X-Force)

jedimastergeorge06
02-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the list. Now i wonder if every thing on that list will come out on sunday or some of it or what?
And does any body know anything about what to do with the secret codes that came with the figures or will we find out on sunday? And i cant to find out about the mailaway figure.

Beast
02-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Not all of it will be out, no.

Wave 1 and 2 of Marvel Universe will be out. Wave 1 and 2 of X-Men Origins: Wolverine will be out. And Wave 1 of the Wolverine and the X-Men Animated figures will be out.

ZeoVGM
02-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Not all of it will be out, no.

Wave 1 and 2 of Marvel Universe will be out. Wave 1 and 2 of X-Men Origins: Wolverine will be out. And Wave 1 of the Wolverine and the X-Men Animated figures will be out.

Some of the Wolverine exclusives and deluxe stuff might be out too, though I'm not positive.

But! I'm happy to say I have added the first figures to that collection from my list: Iceman, Colossus, and Avalanche from Wave 1 of the Wolverine and the X-Men line.

They look great on display, but unlike the XMO and Marvel Universe figures, they're lacking in articulation. That sucks, but I know they're geared toward the younger set more than those lines. The elbows and knees have no articulation and Iceman, really, can only just chill on his board.

Colossus is nice, though I didn't expect the spring-loaded arms. I got him into a nice pose though.

Avalanch is my favorite of the three. Those 'energy blast' accessories are cool-looking.

plasticfetish
02-28-2009, 04:47 AM
Did a quick spin around town today, to see what's out already...

Saw three wave one Marvel Universe figures: Black Panther, Human Torch (flame off), and big-head Punisher. Picked up Black Panther (nice!), but skipped the others... not into them. The Punisher's huge noggin is hilarious, and I'm not a big fan of that head sculpt for the Human Torch. (I'll just hold out for the "flame on" Torch instead.)

Also saw one Wolverine Origins figure. I think it was Logan in street clothes, but honestly, I didn't pay too much attention, because the paint job was pretty bad. I'm probably not going to get into that line anyway.

And speaking of... the whole animated Wolverine line is pretty lame I think. I saw all of them at TRU today, and wasn't impressed. Think Hasbro could have done much better.

TheGreyGhost
02-28-2009, 09:48 AM
I'm pretty bummed. I hit my TRU up thursday, and they had every single Marvel Universe figure in stock except for flamed on Human Torch...

They also had all of the first wave of Wolverine in stock. I picked up Deadpool, but held out on the others because I also thought the pain jobs looked kinda iffy. I'm really liking the Deadpool figure now though, so I might pick a few more of the comic series up. Probably won't get any of the movie series though...

NerfTW
02-28-2009, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't even bother with the Wolverine Origin figures except for Deadpool, Maverick, and Gambit, just because Wolverine is guaranteed to be in the Marvel Universe line with proper claws and a better paint job.

It's clear that they are two seperate lines, and the Marvel Universe line is going to cover the same figures. The only one I'd worry about is Maverick, due to his relative obscurity nowadays, and the deluxe Blob, because of his size. (I have no idea how well Blob sells normally, but it seems like they'd only want to spend that much on a figure for a really popular one like Hulk)

Deadpool will likely be out next year, the Wolverines are all out this year, Gambit is a good candidate for future release (if you don't like the face on this one), and Cylops is likely to get a good chunk of his costumes out soon. There's one on the rumor list, and the comic pack one.

-edit Apparently, I have once again failed to realize that characters do return when I'm not reading comics. I guess Maverick became more of a major player in the last decade.

jedimastergeorge06
02-28-2009, 10:48 AM
So i called my nearest wamart today and they said that they wont be putting the wolverine figure out or the marvel universe figures out until the 3rd. This confuses me. I thought it was the 1st. But the lady in the toy department said that it says on the boxes not to put it out until the 3rd. Has anyone else heard of this or was told about this by any other walmart. Maybe they read it wrong or hasbro changed their minds about the 1st. Im so confused. :cross-eye

plasticfetish
02-28-2009, 04:24 PM
This confuses me. I thought it was the 1st.The countdown clock over at the Fury Files page says 10 hours and 37 minutes right now, so...

I'd check tomorrow anyway.

NerfTW
02-28-2009, 04:28 PM
So i called my nearest wamart today and they said that they wont be putting the wolverine figure out or the marvel universe figures out until the 3rd. This confuses me. I thought it was the 1st. But the lady in the toy department said that it says on the boxes not to put it out until the 3rd. Has anyone else heard of this or was told about this by any other walmart. Maybe they read it wrong or hasbro changed their minds about the 1st. Im so confused. :cross-eye

That might have been put there by the district management and not Hasbro. Or she was just wrong. But there's certainly a possibility the store management didn't want it out until the 3rd for one reason or another.

plasticfetish
02-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Saw a few of wave 1 at Kmart just now, for the very Kmart-ish price of $8.99.

Beast
02-28-2009, 10:18 PM
Saw a few of wave 1 at Kmart just now, for the very Kmart-ish price of $8.99.
You're lucky. Some K-Marts, depending on area, are $9.99 or more.

plasticfetish
02-28-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm lucky that I didn't buy any there. ;)

Beast
03-01-2009, 01:01 AM
The Hasbro Fury Files website is now live. You can enter codes and get more files.

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/furyfiles/
http://hasbro.promotions.com/furyfiles/init.do

Also, since they left the names of the 'Classified' final 5 for 2009 exposed when you right click on them... here's what's in the final wave of the year. Sounds pretty good.

Wave 5:
Electro
Spider-Man 2 (Hopefully Ben Rielly)
Guardian
Iron Man Silver (I'm betting Silver Centurian)
Sub-Mariner

Guardian and Sub-Mariner also help confirm the Wal-Mart computer list.

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Got the Spidey figure in a trade. Figure's ok, head is a little small, light blue paint is a question mark, articulation at hips could be a little better, and I wish the mid-torso was a more useful type of joint. But sculpting is good overall, paint is good besides the weird light blue aspects, good poseability. Web thing is kinda odd choice, but wha'eva. IMO, it mainly seems like early ML shrunken down, which is good, although early ML was missing a few crucial joints too. The head and knees are the parts which don't scale down too well though, both due to gapping issues. Overall, I'm going to remain extremely selective with the line, but I'll definitely pick up some figures, even with the crazy high pricepoints lately.

NerfTW
03-01-2009, 09:40 AM
So this means the Collosus we saw was definitely part of the Secret Wars 2-packs. But where do you think the modern Thor figure went? Are there even more battle-packs we don't know about besides the Hydra agent, Daredevil, and Hand Ninja ones?

TheGreyGhost
03-01-2009, 10:40 AM

I put the code I got for my Human Torch (not flamed up) in, and it de-classified it as Human Torch (Orange).

Ugh, I'm gonna be so mad if I get the flamed up Human Torch, and it doesn't de-classify regular Human Torch now.

VexOrdo
03-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Got the Spidey figure in a trade. Figure's ok, head is a little small, light blue paint is a question mark, articulation at hips could be a little better, and I wish the mid-torso was a more useful type of joint. But sculpting is good overall, paint is good besides the weird light blue aspects, good poseability. Web thing is kinda odd choice, but wha'eva. IMO, it mainly seems like early ML shrunken down, which is good, although early ML was missing a few crucial joints too. The head and knees are the parts which don't scale down too well though, both due to gapping issues. Overall, I'm going to remain extremely selective with the line, but I'll definitely pick up some figures, even with the crazy high pricepoints lately.

Hey that Spidey sounds familiar . . .

jedimastergeorge06
03-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Went to walmart last night/this morrning at around 12:25am and as i was walking into the store a guy was walking out with two cases of either the wolverine movie figures or the marvel universe figures or both but i know it was one of them ....anyway so i walked back to the toys and they had about ten of the movie comic figures and a bunch of the marvel universe figures and i was mad because the lady told me the other day that they wouldnt put the figures out until the 3rd and here they put them out. So i missed out on the actual movie figures because the lady was stupid. So that was a waste of time. Thanks walmart...next time i wont listen to what they say ill just show up like that guy did that bought two cases of figures. The actual movie figures might be hard to find.:mad:

NerfTW
03-01-2009, 12:57 PM
You realize they get more shipments in over time, right? You don't need to buy everything in one go.

jedimastergeorge06
03-01-2009, 01:21 PM
true...i guess im impatient. Lol...i guess i get to excited. And i guess i get afraid that i wont get the ones that i want because hasbro does that some times. Like when it came to the indiana jones henry sr. figure..he was kinda hard to find and then the gijoe 25th anniversary flint..i didnt see him until hasbro re-released him with the yellow background in the bubble and some other gijoe figures that i never seen ever in the store...i have that fear of not being able to find what im looking for ....i really dont want to pay alot for one figures. I hate scalpers!!!!

Beast
03-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Went out today...

Pretty much nothing at Wal-Mart. Absolutely nothing at Target. Didn't even have a clue when asked. Had some luck at Toys R Us, picked up Sabretooth and Maverick. No Deadpools or Gambits in sight. Sadly almost all of the Wolverine and the X-Men figures were sold out. So I didn't get my Beast. :(

NerfTW
03-01-2009, 01:25 PM
true...i guess im impatient. Lol...i guess i get to excited. And i guess i get afraid that i wont get the ones that i want because hasbro does that some times. Like when it came to the indiana jones henry sr. figure..he was kinda hard to find and then the gijoe 25th anniversary flint..i didnt see him until hasbro re-released him with the yellow background in the bubble and some other gijoe figures that i never seen ever in the store...i have that fear of not being able to find what im looking for ....i really dont want to pay alot for one figures. I hate scalpers!!!!

Don't worry. I don't think this will have the problem Indiana Jones had. They should trickle down, and once the scalpers have thier pick, more will come out. Especially once the movie actually hits.

Beast
03-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Man. I really think these two lines arn't all that compatible after all.

Not only is the articulation subpar on the X-Men Origins: Wolverine figures, but the scale is just wonky.

Sabretooth who's supposed to be a fairly tall character, certainly doesn't look it in comparison to most of the Marvel Universe figures. Not a fan of the skin tone for the figure either, he's outright peach instead of being flesh colored. The cape and clubs are ok, but will probably just go into the bits box. Creed gets a 5/10.

Maverick is much better, but I still loathe the articulation scheme. It's difficult to get a decent two-handed rifle pose out of the figure without biceps and wrists. And his small pistol barely fits in his holster. Maverick is worth buying however, since I don't see him him being redone in MU soon. Maverick rates an okay 6/10.

Most of the Wolverines are an easy pass due to the claws issues. Since most of his costumes will likely show up in the MU line eventually. And the other figures are only worth getting until they get proper representation in MU. Which I'm sure major characters like Gambit and Deadpool will in eventually. Give me the bicep swivels and wrist joints on the MU line. And get rid of those ugly/pointless leg balls.

JetsAndHeels
03-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Picked up Spidey, Iron Man, and Punisher earlier today. Have not opened them yet but will later this evening.

NerfTW
03-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Can anybody with Punisher see if the head is removable? I'm wondering if it will be possible to simply swap heads with the Modern one.

Beast
03-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Yep. It's on a ball joint. So it can be popped off and replaced easily.

DarkArtist
03-01-2009, 08:09 PM
picked up from the Universe line : Wolverine, Silver Surfer, Punisher (with the freakishly large head almost like a bobble head), Stealth Armor Iron Man, Iron Man, Spiderman.

and got from Wolverine : Wolverine (Yellow Comic Outfit), Gambit and Deadpool. was a saga trying to find these guys today, no luck at Wally World and TRU didn't have them out until I and another guy asked the counter. (TRU brought out 2 cases of each of the Universe and Wolverine figures and we split the figures between us and were able to get a few.

funnist thing about this morning was that TRU didn't open till 10 and a scalper was waiting at the door for them to open. at 10 when the doors didn't open automatically he pried the doors open stormed into the store and didn't find anything and stormed out grumbling how the store is horrible and never has anything. 2 minutes later the staff brought out the boxes of the universe figures. at least the figures went to fans and not scalpers

Beast
03-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Sounds like the only stores getting in Wave 2 right now are Wal-Mart.
No luck at my local stores so far. The one Wal-Mart didn't even have anything out.
Well, other than the 3 leftovers from a case that was stocked earlier in the week. :p

figrin bran
03-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Supposedly these won't be on the Target pegs until 3/22 when they have an aisle reset.

I bought Spidey and Silver Surfer from my local TRU today. While Punisher's head might be overly large, I think Spidey's and SS's are a bit too small, especially if you look at the figure from the side.

Beast
03-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Target is basically shooting themselves in the foot.

Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Meijers, even K-Mart are going to make money like mad.

And then Target is going to get them finally up, and nobody will need Wave 1.

ZeoVGM
03-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Woo! Went to TRU and picked up Iron Man, Spider-Man, Punisher, Silver Surfer, Wolverine (X-Force costume), and from the X-Men Origins: Wolverine line, I got the only Gambit figure they had. They also had the Wolverine and the X-Men figures out.

Previously to that, I was at Walmart and they still only had the W&XM figures up from a few days ago. Even though the street date was today and they've had the actual figures in the back for a couple weeks now, the lazy *** employees just decided that they didn't want to put them up yet.

Didn't see anything from Wave 2 of Marvel Universe or Wave 2 (Movie Series) of XMO: Wolverine.

Beast
03-01-2009, 11:51 PM
*Is getting awful jealous of people finding the Animated figures in good numbers*

ZeoVGM
03-02-2009, 12:02 AM
As of today, my Hasbro Marvel 3 3/4 figure collection stands at this:

Marvel Universe
Wave 1
001: Iron Man
002: Spider-Man
003: Silver Surfer
004: Punisher
005: Wolverine

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Wave 1: Comic Series
Gambit

Wolverine and the X-Men
Wave 1
Avalanche
Colossus
Iceman

Very happy with everything so far. I grabbed the only Gambit I saw at TRU and despite the lack of articulation, the Wolverine and the X-Men figures are cool. They look great on display. I don't mind the articulation issue considering they're for the younger crowd.

Took some pictures, I may post them later.

bigbarada
03-02-2009, 12:09 AM
*Is getting awful jealous of people finding the Animated figures in good numbers*

I saw those today, as well as the regular Marvel and Wolverine movie lines, for the first time.

Aside from the standard 20 different versions of Wolverine, they had animated Cyclops, Beast, Colossus, Magneto and Iceman. I was tempted to buy Beast and Iceman, but Iceman had some of the worst paint applications I've ever seen. One of his eyes was literally painted onto his cheek.:mad: Beast was okay, but I'm not super thrilled with the animated styling and I'm holding out hope for a Silver Age human version down the road, besides the paint apps on him were really sloppy as well.

It seems like they got the same factory that was responsible for the first waves of Indiana Jones figures to makes these toy lines. Just about all of the figures had paint application problems.

So, at $8.50 a figure, a smaller size and diminished quality, there's going to be no casual collecting of any of these lines for me. I'd buy the Silver Age X-Men in their original costumes (or even their First Class costumes), and maybe a few of the classic villains (Juggernaut, Magneto, Blob, Unus, Vanisher, etc.), but that's it.

ZeoVGM
03-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Haven't noticed any paint issues you speak of, thankfully. On any of the figures at the store, actually.

My only problem is that I wish they came with stands. Other than that, one of the best Marvel lines ever.

plasticfetish
03-02-2009, 02:05 AM
...and once the scalpers have their pick, more will come out. Especially once the movie actually hits.Exactly.

Didn't go out today. Aside from the fact that I hate shopping on Sunday, I'm in no huge rush to hunt these figures down. They'll be all over in time... I'd like to take this one easy.

DarkArtist
03-02-2009, 02:18 PM
sort of bummed out. i already broke Spidey's foot trying to pose him :upset::upset:

so far though I'm not overly impressed with the line, perhaps it's still brand new and hasn't grown on me yet but i'm really looking forward to seeing how the line progresses

bigbarada
03-02-2009, 02:46 PM
so far though I'm not overly impressed with the line, perhaps it's still brand new and hasn't grown on me yet but i'm really looking forward to seeing how the line progresses

I'm in the same boat, but if you look at the first few waves of Star Wars, GI Joe 25th, and Indiana Jones, you'll see that the quality level begins to pick up consistently after the first wave or two. I'm holding out hope that the figures are going to start getting better soon.

No characters have been made that I'm super excited about right now, but I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for what figures are coming next.

Beast
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Wave 2 is already a huge improvement. And future waves look even better.

plasticfetish
03-03-2009, 06:02 AM
I think you're right Beast, and...

I'm holding out hope that the figures are going to start getting better soon.I'm seeing it exactly that way also. The first few waves have figures that I'll get, but I'm more and more excited about what will come after the "basics" (Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, etc.) have hit the pegs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just the same, I can only echo some of the concerns about this line by saying that I'm not 100% sold on the Black Panther figure that's been prowling my desk for a few days now.

The Iron Man figure was amazing, but there's something a little off about Black Panther. I dunno... it's mostly proportion issues, like the small feet and head, or the weirdly different sized hands. It's a good solid toy though; very kid friendly.

(I'll probably blog (http://www.plasticfetish.net) a proper review later.)

Beast
03-03-2009, 11:28 AM
All of Wave 2 except Grey Hulk is now available from Hasbro Toy Shop.

Ordered myself a set, easier than hunting. Now I just need a Grey Hulk.

DarkArtist
03-03-2009, 12:57 PM
picked up a Captain America, Daredevil and another Spidey to replace the broken foot issue with the first. passed on both versions of the Human Torch as well as Black Panther just not into them.

looking forward to finding series 2 of seeing what they are like, as of now the Hulk and Moon Knight are big passes for me.

ZeoVGM
03-03-2009, 02:45 PM
All of Wave 2 except Grey Hulk is now available from Hasbro Toy Shop.

Ordered myself a set, easier than hunting. Now I just need a Grey Hulk.

Shopping online is a last resort to me, as I kind of like hunting.

AlecEiffel
03-03-2009, 02:49 PM
First of all I want to thank you guys, I've been lurking around this thread for a while and I've got some great information from you. I have picked up seven of these guys so far: Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, Bullseye, Wolverine, Black Panther, Johnny Storm and Modern Iron Man and I love them. These are the first figures I have bought in a very long time. I think the last one I picked up before these was Marvel Legends Series II Dr. Doom, so that gives you an idea of how excited I am about this line.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea how the Nick Fury mail order is going to work. Is it going to be a proof of purchase type of thing? Linked to your furyfiles account somehow? Or maybe just something anyone can order from the site? Also, does any one have any idea when we can expect to be able to get our hands on it?

I was also wondering what you guys think about the lack of villians. Do you think there is any particular reason that they aren't making them? It seems that characters like Magneto, Dr. Doom and Dr. Octopus would be givens for a line like this. Personally, I would love a Thanos.

Thanks again guys, like I said you've been a great information source. I'm afraid this line is going to pull me full swing into collecting. My poor wallet.

Beast
03-03-2009, 03:09 PM
We don't know much about the Nick Fury Mail-Away yet. I suggest you keep everything from your figures until we do. It may involve UPCs or the Codes from the Fury Files. Or even the round SHIELD symbols in the packaging. We just don't know. Hopefully we'll hear something soon, what with Wave 1 and 2 hitting.

Re: Villains. Much like females, they surprisingly don't sell as well as Heroes do. So that's why most toy lines only include 1-2 villains per wave. And popular heroes also outnumber villains by a large number. So if they were done in equal numbers, they'd run out of major villains a lot faster than they would major heroes. But this year has a decent number. If you look beyond the single carded and include a couple stretches.

Wave 1: Bullseye
Wave 2: Green Goblin
Wave 3: Black Spider-Man (Dark Avengers Venom), Classic Ms. Marvel (D.A. Moonstone), Hand Ninja
Wave 4: Hobgoblin, Red Hulk
Wave 5: Electro

Secret Wars Packs #1-#6: Klaw, Magneto, Thunderball.
Unknown TRU 3-Packs: White Hand Ninja, Hydra Soldier.
Gigantic Battles 2-Packs: Giant Skrull

SDCC Invaders Box Set: Red Skull.

And we don't know what Target's getting for an exclusive. But the rest of the Wrecking Crew are all but confirmed for the Secret Wars 2-Packs. Not too bad so far. Especially if you count grey folks like Punisher. Plus there's a couple versions of Sabretooth in the X-Men Origins line.

DarkArtist
03-03-2009, 03:26 PM
picked up Ronin and Green Goblin today. love the goblin he looks awesome and Ronin is a nice figure as well, (thinking of using him in a G.I Joe dio as well, maybe as a second ninja for either Joe or Cobra haven't decided yet)

as far as Nick Fury...according to Hasbro reps they are still trying to iron out all the details on the figure and are working closely with Marvel on this one. the figure looks really good, they debuted it at NYCC along with the packaging see pics