PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Universe - 3 3/4" Figures!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

NerfTW
03-03-2009, 02:29 PM
And Blob in the Wolverine line, for that matter.

And they said at Toy Fair that the "army builders" would be "packed together", which implies that the Hydra agent shown might be in a three pack with other villain foot soldiers, like AIM or such.

Personally, I'm hoping for a Hydra/AIM/Prime Sentinal (okay, I'm just having trouble thinking of generic Earth foot soldiers) pack and a Shiar/Kree/Skrull pack. :razz:

DarkArtist
03-03-2009, 02:30 PM
here's a pic from NYCC with Nick Fury and package - it's blurry but you get the idea

AlecEiffel
03-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks for your replies, that Nick Fury looks really great. I'm not going to be able to make it to SDCC this year, I hope I stand a chance of getting one of those Invaders boxes for less than an arm and a leg.

TheGreyGhost
03-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I really hope the mail away involves the codes and not the UPC or SHIELD logos from the packaging...seeing as how I was saving all of my packages and they mysteriously got thrown away two days ago...

Well, I still have all of Wave 2 I need to hunt down, so if worse comes to worse I could just use those...

NerfTW
03-03-2009, 06:58 PM
I doubt you're going to need every figure ever made to get Nick Fury. It would be ridiculous for them to have a mail in offer that the average consumer wouldn't be able to participate in. Getting multiples would allow you to army build SHIELD agents, but you shouldn't need more than four or five UPCs/codes/whatnot to get Nick Fury.

Mvader91
03-03-2009, 07:31 PM
:mad:
I doubt you're going to need every figure ever made to get Nick Fury. It would be ridiculous for them to have a mail in offer that the average consumer wouldn't be able to participate in. Getting multiples would allow you to army build SHIELD agents, but you shouldn't need more than four or five UPCs/codes/whatnot to get Nick Fury.
:mad: I saw these in Walmart aong with movie Woverine figs. I guess i dont get it? These things for8.44! They look terrible and they are tiny.

Beast
03-03-2009, 09:43 PM
:mad:
:mad: I saw these in Walmart aong with movie Woverine figs. I guess i dont get it? These things for8.44! They look terrible and they are tiny.
They're $7.99 every where else. Including Hasbro Toy Shop.

Not sure what there is to get. They're great, and that's the price point for 4" now adays.

I guess you're a Marvel Legends collector. Cause I don't get the tiny comments either.

Mvader91
03-03-2009, 09:51 PM
They're $7.99 every where else. Including Hasbro Toy Shop.

Not sure what there is to get. They're great, and that's the price point for 4" now adays.

I guess you're a Marvel Legends collector. Cause I don't get the tiny comments either.
All I am saying you would think you would get more for your money. At least with star wars you are building a fig. Not that I am really a fan of theat either. Walmart has star wars for a dollar cheaper than Marvel figs?:lipsrsealed:

ZeoVGM
03-03-2009, 10:22 PM
All I am saying you would think you would get more for your money. At least with star wars you are building a fig. Not that I am really a fan of theat either. Walmart has star wars for a dollar cheaper than Marvel figs?:lipsrsealed:

What is more for your money exactly? Two more inches? Doesn't make much sense.

But you said they look terrible, which honestly, I can't even fathom. Iron Man, Spidey, X-Force Wolverine.. Looking at them on my shelf right now. Look great.

Beast
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
The BAF concept works for Star Wars, cause there's tons of generic droids in the Star Wars Universe.

It got old fast with the Marvel Legends line, and I won't shed a tear if it doesn't come back in the MU line. I'd rather see them include stands next year, over BAF figures. Any figures they can make as BAFs can just as easily be single carded in the line. With Star Wars, doing the droids is a pretty cool concept.

As for terrible, I can maybe see someone call the Punisher bad due to the head.
But the rest of the figures are pretty damn good. Way better than Marvel Legends to me.

JetsAndHeels
03-03-2009, 10:44 PM
I like the Punisher figure myself. The head does look a little goofy but I still think its pretty solid. I am currently looking for the stealth suit Iron Man and the Wolverine.

Beast
03-03-2009, 10:48 PM
I like the Punisher figure myself. The head does look a little goofy but I still think its pretty solid. I am currently looking for the stealth suit Iron Man and the Wolverine.
Oh, I like him also. I just agree that his head is like... fat.
Can't wait for the Punisher (Modern) in Wave 3. Might do a head swap.

I guess according to Curto on Cool Toy Review, the Punisher figure was one of the first designed. And the team fought to not make it's body/articulation the standard. So that's at least good news.

JetsAndHeels
03-03-2009, 10:55 PM

I will probably do the same.

Is anyone else having trouble finding these at WM? TRU is the only place around here that has had them. I am going to check WM again tomorrow night.

dantes_inferno
03-03-2009, 11:08 PM
has there been any word on when the Gigantic Battles would be released? Im really looking forward to the Bucky as Cap/Giant Skrull :)

Phantom-like Menace
03-04-2009, 12:38 AM
My local stores seem in no hurry to put out MU figures. One TRU and one Wal-Mart here have put out Wolverine figures, but the rest haven't even put those out.

I went into TRU today, and they were changing the aisles around pretty significantly, so I'm hoping they were waiting for this reset. I'm going to try to see if I can drop by tomorrow to see if maybe something has been put out.

Right now, though, I think I'm going to quickly take a look at HTS.

RooJay
03-04-2009, 01:38 AM
Looking at the detail view of the movie Deadpool figure on Hasbro Toy Shop, it looks like his mouth is sewn shut.:confused:That'd be a pretty...interesting design choice if they decided to turn "the Merc with the mouth" into one with no mouth.

I also would like to note that, unfortunately, there seems to be a wide range of sizes in the head posts in the Marvel Universe line. I was really hoping the posts would all be standard and would match those used in the GI Joe line - some of the first series Marvel figures have somewhat less than desirable head sculpts.

figrin bran
03-04-2009, 02:37 AM
I noticed the wide disparity in the neck posts as well which is a bit disappointing because I was hoping to use much of this line as custom fodder for DC 3.75" figures. (and if DCIH didn't reek so much, I wouldn't have to!).

I was going to put 25th anniversary Matt Trakker's head on Silver Surfer and make him into Hal Jordan but the neck post is too large and extends upward too much. I suppose I could make a Dr. Manhattan but I'd rather keep him as Silver Surfer.

RooJay
03-04-2009, 09:08 AM
I have had some success with using a dremmel to cut neck posts off of GI Joe figures and swapping them using only super glue. I've had to do this when the neck of a given figure is too long for the head I intend to swap out - my Arctic Flint custom is an example of this. I don't play very rough with my figures, but so far the super glue has seemed quite strong enough to endure casual posing without breaking. I may use this option later on down the line since I'm not really happy with either Punisher head sculpt (or body sculpt, for that matter) and will probably just end up customizing my own version.

TheGreyGhost
03-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Someone mentioned that they were having trouble finding these anywhere besides Toys R Us. It's the same around here. Only a single Toys R Us, K-Mart (ironically, one of the worst K-Marts in the area), and two Meijers have begun to put the MU line out. Every Target and Wal-Mart I go to seem to be waiting another week or so in the hopes that people eat up their current stock of Iron Man, Spider-Man and Star Wars toys before they put the effort to get the Marvel Universe line on the shelves.

ZeoVGM
03-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Someone mentioned that they were having trouble finding these anywhere besides Toys R Us. It's the same around here. Only a single Toys R Us, K-Mart (ironically, one of the worst K-Marts in the area), and two Meijers have begun to put the MU line out. Every Target and Wal-Mart I go to seem to be waiting another week or so in the hopes that people eat up their current stock of Iron Man, Spider-Man and Star Wars toys before they put the effort to get the Marvel Universe line on the shelves.

Some stores are waiting to do complete toy section resets.

DarkArtist
03-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Oh, I like him also. I just agree that his head is like... fat.

I guess according to Curto on Cool Toy Review, the Punisher figure was one of the first designed. And the team fought to not make it's body/articulation the standard. So that's at least good news.

i was actually thinking of using the first Punisher for a possible Jigsaw custom. not sure yet but definately can't wait to get the W3 Punisher.

figrin bran
03-05-2009, 01:28 AM
I have had some success with using a dremmel to cut neck posts off of GI Joe figures and swapping them using only super glue. I've had to do this when the neck of a given figure is too long for the head I intend to swap out - my Arctic Flint custom is an example of this. I don't play very rough with my figures, but so far the super glue has seemed quite strong enough to endure casual posing without breaking. I may use this option later on down the line since I'm not really happy with either Punisher head sculpt (or body sculpt, for that matter) and will probably just end up customizing my own version.

Thanks for your input on this, Roojay!

I think I've only cut off and swapped neck posts only once and that was to put a VOTC Greedo head on a ROTS Obi Wan body for a Rodian Jedi.

Beast
03-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Managed to find Gambit and Deadpool from the so-called "Sister" line today.
Again, the X-Men Origins: Wolverine line continues to disappoint when compared to MU.

Gambit - I've never been a huge fan of Remy (due to what was done with him after Claremont left), but this figure makes me hope we'll see another Gambit in the Marvel Universe line sooner rather than later. The sculpting and paint is top notch other than the bland face (which seems to be a recurring thing on the XMO line), but the subpar articulation like most figures in the line just kills it. Gambit again gets the fugly and nearly useless ball hips and no bicep swivel, but what he's missing really hurts him. He has no wrist or ankle articulation. Making him utterly useless to pose with his staff or his massive card attachment. I'd rather have Gambit with cards sculpted into his hand like Bullseye over this. Gambit gets a 4/10.

Deadpool - While I'm seriously not a fan of Deadpool, the figure is one of the few really great figures in the Sister line to Marvel Universe. Other than the lack of Bicep Swivels, he has all the necessary articulation. The fact that he has wrists and ankles is a huge improvement. I still hate the fugly leg articulation with the ugly balls, but the figure is nice. Love his arsenal of weapons, and the holster for his pistol and sheaths for his swords. The gigantic sai however, really looks like Deadpool's playing a joke on someone. Or he borrowed his weapon from one of the 6" TMNT figures. Despite my dislike of the character, Deadpool gets a 6/10.

VexOrdo
03-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Went to the local Toys R Us today, they only had a peg of each (MU, WO, WatX). Not interested in any of the MU figures, just had Torch, Panther, Punisher, Stealth Iron Man. Had the whole Wolverine Origins line, picked up Maverick and Deadpool. Was gonna grab Sabretooth but my Dad only let me get two :whip: Passed on the Tiger Strip wolverine since he sucks, otherwise I'm pretty happy with what I got.

ZeoVGM
03-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Woo. Grabbed Hulk (green) and Green Goblin today.

Beast
03-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Woo. Grabbed Hulk (green) and Green Goblin today.
Lucky. I'm still trying to find a Grey Hulk. Hasbro's still out of him.

ZeoVGM
03-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Yeah, my local Walmart had all of Waves 1 and 2, except for Bullseye.

They had one Iron Man (Stealth Ops) but it was gone when I went back tonight. Pay day is today, so I'm planning on a big haul from TRU.

TheGreyGhost
03-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Went to my Wal-Mart today and picked up all of Wave 2. I like most of them, except for the fact that it feels like if I move both Hulks arms in anyway they are going to break...

ZeoVGM
03-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Went to my Wal-Mart today and picked up all of Wave 2. I like most of them, except for the fact that it feels like if I move both Hulks arms in anyway they are going to break...

Really? I didn't have that issue.

jedimastergeorge06
03-06-2009, 07:57 PM
I got bored tonight so i was thinking of what i can do with my marvel universe guys and so i looked at the red and yellow ironman and thought that maybe i could customize him a little bit so got one of the gijoe troopers from the toysrus trooper battle pack and took the head off of him and took the ironman head/helmet off and stuck the gijoe trooper head on the ironman body and it looks great!! :thumbsup: Ill try to post pictures later on. Has anybody else dont anything like this yet with their marvel universe figures?

JediTricks
03-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Hey that Spidey sounds familiar . . .Haw! I don't know whatever you mean. ;) That reminds me, what do you think of Logan? :p

sort of bummed out. i already broke Spidey's foot trying to pose him :upset::upset:

so far though I'm not overly impressed with the line, perhaps it's still brand new and hasn't grown on me yet but i'm really looking forward to seeing how the line progressesBroke it how? I bet Hasbro will replace it, they'll be making that figure for a while so they should have more on hand if you send it in.

I'm with you on the other thing, though I'm feeling this line a lot more than Mattel's DC Infinite Crap line.

THE Slayer
03-07-2009, 12:09 AM
I have seen pretty much all of these and the wolverine toys in the store now, and for some reason no part of me can justify paying 8$ for them. I'm sorry, some look cool. But man, I would rather have something with substance rather than something from a happy meal.

Beast
03-07-2009, 12:28 AM
I have seen pretty much all of these and the wolverine toys in the store now, and for some reason no part of me can justify paying 8$ for them. I'm sorry, some look cool. But man, I would rather have something with substance rather than something from a happy meal.
More for us. Cause man, if Happy Meal Toys were this detailed... I'd still be buying them.

It's just a weak argument against the line. Cause these figures are amazing.

ZeoVGM
03-07-2009, 12:47 AM

I gotta say, "something with substance"?

Dude, they're toys. We're grown men who collect toys. What would it need to have substance? Haha.

I look at it this way: the DC Universe Infinite Heroes line are $6.99 each with crappy articulation and don't even look all that great anyway.

For $1 more, you get figures that are more detailed with really good articulation.

I get if someone can't afford them, but I'm not seeing $8 being all that much. Everything has gone up/is going up.

On that note, the Green Goblin figure is awesome.

ZeoVGM
03-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Oh yeah, added to my collection last night and tonight with 9 more figures. Here's where it's at now:

Marvel Universe
Wave 1
001: Iron Man
002: Spider-Man
003: Silver Surfer
004: Punisher
005: Wolverine (X-Force costume)

Wave 2
013: Hulk
015: Green Goblin

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Wave 1: Comic Series
Gambit
Maverick
Sabretooth
Wolverine (brown costume)
Wolverine (yellow costume)

Wolverine and the X-Men
Wave 1
Avalanche
Colossus
Cyclops
Iceman
Logan
Wolverine

I just need Beast and Magneto to complete Wave 1 of the Wolverine and the X-Men line. Any idea when Wave 2 (Nightcrawler and Wolverine in his X-Force costume) come out?

I have 7 out of the 17 released (so far) Marvel Universe figures. Though I read there has been at least one Wave 3 sighting, so I'm hoping that hits sooner than we thought it would.

And for Wave 1 of XMO: Wolverine, I need Deadpool, Logan, Weapon X, and Strike Mission Wolverine (what comic is that from, by the way). Haven't seen the movie wave anywhere yet.

NerfTW
03-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Yeah, this "happy meal toys" line is bull ****. Have you even looked at a happy meal toy lately?

These are more articulated than most Star Wars figures for the same price. Welcome to 2009. You can't seriously expect the G.I. Joes for $3 a piece prices we had 20 years ago.

Also keep in mind that Happy Meal toys aren't sold for profit. They're advertising, sold at cost and paid for by the company, not McDonalds, so you really can't even compare them to figures being sold for profit.

NerfTW
03-07-2009, 09:20 AM
I got bored tonight so i was thinking of what i can do with my marvel universe guys and so i looked at the red and yellow ironman and thought that maybe i could customize him a little bit so got one of the gijoe troopers from the toysrus trooper battle pack and took the head off of him and took the ironman head/helmet off and stuck the gijoe trooper head on the ironman body and it looks great!! :thumbsup: Ill try to post pictures later on. Has anybody else dont anything like this yet with their marvel universe figures?

I was thinking the Extremis Iron man armor (the one that's out now) would make an awesome HEV suit Gordon Freeman from Half Life custom. It's almost spot on.

Beast
03-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Has anyone tried the Infinite Heroes stands on these figures yet?

I'd really love to get some stands that work.

VexOrdo
03-07-2009, 08:40 PM
Haw! I don't know whatever you mean. ;) That reminds me, what do you think of Logan? :p

He's a pretty nice figure, the only gripe I have is the claws coming fromt he fingers, doesn't really look too good. Otherwise it's a nice figure, good scale considering the MU X-Force Wolverine is almost taller than Iron Man!

Beast
03-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Heads up.

Apperantly the "Backwoods Brawl" Toys R Us exclusive 2-Pack is showing up now. Latest report was Peoria, IL. It's $19.99 but is pretty darn cool. Featuring a short haired Sabretooth and Bone Claws Wolverine w/ Bike. Note that the long-haired version of the Jim Lee Sabretooth comes with the Deluxe Blob.

Here's the item number if you want to check if your store has them: 653569392132

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 09:00 PM
He's a pretty nice figure, the only gripe I have is the claws coming fromt he fingers, doesn't really look too good. Otherwise it's a nice figure, good scale considering the MU X-Force Wolverine is almost taller than Iron Man!
Yeah, I opened up Weapon X and he has the same "from the fingers" issue, but is better than I expected in most areas. Glad to hear you dig Logan. :cool:

I've noticed Beast mention a few times how these Wolverine figures are inferior in part because they don't have bicep articulation. I didn't really think about it until last night, but that argument doesn't hold water, the Wolverine figures have swivel articulation just above the elbow, so it works exactly the same and looks better (unless you're a stickler for directionality of the specific muscles).

Holy snaps Beasty, that bike in that set is a barely-modified Mutt's motorcycle from the IJ4 line!

Beast
03-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Well... it's not just the biceps. It's the crappy and fugly leg balls.

And then the fact that Gambit doesn't have wrists or ankles. Sabretooth is likewise missing wrists.
So is Maverick. And it looks like this will carry forward with more figures in XMO:W.

The MU line just feels more cohesive to me. Plus the facesculpts seem so bland in XMO:W.

And yeah, I noticed the Bike was a simple retool. Doesn't really bug me though.

JediTricks
03-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I know, that's why I singled out the biceps saying "in part". I could argue for and against the ball-jointed hips, the Spider-Man figure I have isn't nearly as limber as it should be due to the simple hip design, but the Wolverine figures aren't as much fun to pose because that joint requires planning.

plasticfetish
03-08-2009, 03:14 AM
I'd really love to get some stands that work.I had Black Panther on a Protech stand that I'd bought for Star Wars figures, and it worked just fine after a little work. (The foot hole was snug, but not bad.)

These are more articulated than most Star Wars figures for the same price. Welcome to 2009. You can't seriously expect the G.I. Joes for $3 a piece prices we had 20 years ago.

I gotta say, "something with substance"? Dude, they're toys. We're grown men who collect toys. What would it need to have substance? Haha. I look at it this way: the DC Universe Infinite Heroes line are $6.99 each with crappy articulation and don't even look all that great anyway. For $1 more, you get figures that are more detailed with really good articulation. I get if someone can't afford them, but I'm not seeing $8 being all that much. Everything has gone up/is going up.

Price is relevant because what we're getting for $8+ right now, is what we would have had for $2-$3 less just a year or two ago. Not "twenty" years ago... a year or two ago. And just because the trend is toward higher prices, doesn't mean that we have to like it. We're all entitled to question the reasons and debate this idea of "substance" or rather, "value."

DCU Infinite Heroes figures are going for as much as $7.99 near me, which is crazy because they're not $8 worth of fun.

But their price and lack of quality doesn't justify another lines price point or level of quality. I've had a good look at most figures from the first two waves of Marvel Universe figures, and I'm a little put off by the fluctuating quality. In particular, I'm seeing a lot of sloppy paint jobs, which have made me pass on figures like Green Goblin, Hulk, and Spider-Man. Am I seeing toys that I would say are a good "value" for $7.99 and up? Well... no.

So yeah, "welcome to 2009" when "grown men who collect toys" are asking the question: "Is it worth that much money to me?"

I like to think that Hasbro will get better and better with this line, just as they have (had?) with the Marvel Legends line, but I'm also not stupid enough to think that they wont cut corners when they can. The entire Wolverine line seems to be a good example, and I have no desire to cough up nearly $10 for something that... honestly... doesn't really seem much better than the DCU Infinite Heroes figures that everyone hates.

JetsAndHeels
03-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Ever since I scored Iron Man, Spidey, and Punisher last Sunday, I have yet to see anymore of the Marvel Universe figs anywhere.

Hopefully I will be able to find more soon as there are still some more I want.

jedimastergeorge06
03-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Theres a ton at my walmart and some at my toysrus. NONE at my meijer where i saw them for the first time i guess a month ago or so. Target none and last time i was at kmart they had four pegs for them but no figures...i guess target and other places will get them in later on but for now im cought up. I ordered the actual movie figures at hts last week i think....it was like a day before they sold out so i got lucky.

Anyway walmart and toysrus are the main places to get them. But one question though...why is bulleye so hard to find? Im not in rush to get him right now but it confuses me. :cross-eye Thats the only figure that i have not seen up close yet...its kinda strange.

Adam
03-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I have a seen a grand total of one MU figures so far. It was Johnny Storm. They had plenty of the WatXM and movie figures though. I like Maverick, I may have to get him when I get some spending money.

Beast
03-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Because Bullseye is only in one case assortment right now. Wave 1.

Most stores seeming to be getting the Wave 1 - Revision 1 cases in instead.
It loses Bullseye and Flamed-On Human Torch for a second Wolverine and Iron Man.

jedimastergeorge06
03-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Oh ok i see....so later on bullseye wont be as hard to find as he is now?

Beast
03-08-2009, 08:08 PM
If/when they decide to slot him back into a case.

I suggest if you see him, to buy him right away. Right now he's not shipping again.

jedimastergeorge06
03-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I understand. This collection is going to be more fun than i thought. Now i have something to look for/chase. I think its great when you have to find a figure that is hard to find...it makes collecting interesting. I love it!!!

figrin bran
03-08-2009, 10:24 PM
I bought Daredevil and Black Panther today. Would've bought WatXM comic Wolverine except for the sloppy paint apps - if I'm going to pay $8.44 for it, I should at least hold out for a better painted figure.

The left hands on Daredevil, Black Panther and Silver Surfer are freakishly large! I didn't like the overly large hands on DCIH so it's a bit disappointing to see it in this line as well.

Phantom-like Menace
03-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Wolverine: Origins and Marvel Universe really need to have an articulation exchange program. Origins needs more swivel joints, and I favor the hip articulation on Origins (may be in the minority on this) over the Joe-ish articulation on MU.

So far, I've picked up both Iron Man figures, Black Panther, and Spider-Man. I passed on Daredevil and Johnny Storm, but I do want to get them eventually. I haven't seen Wave 2.

ZeoVGM
03-09-2009, 01:34 AM
And here's my collection as of tonight. Completed Wave 2 of MU. I only need Iron Man (Stealth Ops), Bullseye, and Human Torch (blue costume) to complete Wave 1. As for XMO: Wolverine, I just need Gambit to finish Wave 1. And I still need Beast and Magneto from the cartoon line.

Marvel Universe
Wave 1
001: Iron Man
002: Spider-Man
003: Silver Surfer
004: Punisher
006: Wolverine (X-Force costume)
007: Human Torch (burning)
008: Daredevil

Wave 2
012: Captain America (Ultimate)
013: Hulk
014: Grey Hulk
015: Green Goblin
016: Ronin
017: Iron Fist

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Wave 1: Comic Series
Gambit
Maverick
Logan
Sabretooth
Strike Mission Wolverine
Weapon X
Wolverine (brown costume)
Wolverine (yellow costume)

Wolverine and the X-Men
Wave 1
Avalanche
Colossus
Cyclops
Iceman
Logan
Wolverine

plasticfetish
03-09-2009, 02:47 AM
The left hands on Daredevil, Black Panther and Silver Surfer are freakishly large!I noticed that with Black Panther, but let it go because it works for the most part. Still... yeah, a bit big. (Or is the other hand too small maybe?)

~~~~~~~~~~

Just a quick observation about these toys...

I've picked up two figures at this point: Iron Man and Black Panther. I was only able to fool around with each figure for about a day before my son (11) ran away with them. They're his now and he's loving this line. :thumbsup:

I've no doubt that we're seeing them vanish from the pegs because kids (or their parents) are buying them also.

I'm kind of amazed that this line had as soft a launch, with as little store presence, as it had. What happened to the idea of this being a "big deal" and all? I mean... we're talking "Marvel" here! Toys-R-Us has almost an entire aisle dedicated to wrestling figures, but something like this gets two or three pegs buried between the old Iron Man movie toys and those stupid Marvel Transformers? WTF?

TheGreyGhost
03-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I know what you mean. I was expecting a half an aisle filled with these guys, and (combining MU with X-Men Origins and Wolverine and The X-Men line) they barely take up six pegs.

I picked up the Toys R Us exclusive for the Origins line today. I'm not going to lie, the Logan figure looks great until you take him off the bike. He has no wrist joint, which means that he pretty much looks like an ape off the bike, and the paint job is okay except for a big fleshy patch under his armpit.

The Sabertooth, on the other hand, is probably the best figure out of the entire X-Men Origins line so far. He towers over all the other figures in both MU and XMO like Sabertooth is supposed to do, and the paint job is phenominal except for his eyes (which have this strange red line, but it really isn't noticable unless you look at it from below)

All in all, I'm not dissapointed with it, just think they could have given Wolverine wrists the ability to move around a bit.

Edit: Ugh, I'm an idiot. The wrists don't turn, but it has one of those things where the whole forearm kind of turns, which fixes the problem I had with Wolverine entirely. Now I am really happy with this exclusive.

Oh, and I can also say that Targets are getting Wave 2 of the Marvel Universe line as well. I found both Hulks, Captain America and Ronin there today for 7.99 (making me wish I wouldn't have jumped the gun when I bought them at Wal-Mart for 8.44)

AlecEiffel
03-09-2009, 03:13 PM
My local Targets finally got the MU figures out today. I picked up green Hulk, Stealth Iron Man and Green Goblin. Now I need to find grey Hulk and Iron Fist and I'll have completed my collection of the first two waves. Some guy snatched up Iron Fist right before I could grab it which is incredibly frustrating. This has been fun so far, can't wait for wave 3.

figrin bran
03-10-2009, 12:41 AM
~~~~~~~~~~

Just a quick observation about these toys...

I've picked up two figures at this point: Iron Man and Black Panther. I was only able to fool around with each figure for about a day before my son (11) ran away with them. They're his now and he's loving this line. :thumbsup:

I've no doubt that we're seeing them vanish from the pegs because kids (or their parents) are buying them also.

I'm kind of amazed that this line had as soft a launch, with as little store presence, as it had. What happened to the idea of this being a "big deal" and all? I mean... we're talking "Marvel" here! Toys-R-Us has almost an entire aisle dedicated to wrestling figures, but something like this gets two or three pegs buried between the old Iron Man movie toys and those stupid Marvel Transformers? WTF?

I've noticed kids buying these as well. When I went to TRU on launch day, a kid in line in front of me was paying for Iron Man and Wolverine.

ZeoVGM
03-10-2009, 11:28 AM
So, a quick update. My local TRU didn't have a lot out, two or three pegs, but they sold out in a few days.

My local Walmart, which put them up last Monday, has sold over half of them. And they had maybe 16 pegs full of them. Very nice to see.

NerfTW
03-10-2009, 12:29 PM
I've noticed kids buying these as well. When I went to TRU on launch day, a kid in line in front of me was paying for Iron Man and Wolverine.

I for one am shocked, simply shocked that there are children buying super-hero toys. Who would have thought?!

ZeoVGM
03-10-2009, 11:08 PM
As of tonight, i have completed Wave 1 of XMO: Wolverine by finding Deadpool at Walmart. And I all I need now is Bullseye to have ever MU figure out so far.

defiant00
03-11-2009, 08:48 AM
I have to say that as frustrating as it is for those of us who are searching for these figures, I really think it bodes well for this line that there doesn't seem to be a lot of pegwarmers so far. Maybe Hasbro learned their lesson from the first wave of IJ figures about flooding the market (which in my opinion is the primary reason that line failed). I know it's a bit early to know for sure, but it at least seems to be the case now...

JetsAndHeels
03-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Found some more of these figures last night at Target.

They had Human Torch, Bullseye, Daredevil, both versions of Iron Man, Punisher, and Wolverine.

I left with Wolverine and the Blue Stealth Suit Iron Man, which are both great figures IMO.

Daryl VayDar
03-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Picked up a Captain America and an Iron Fist yesterday- that Cap is really nice! I was going to pass on him, and wait for the "classic" version, but he looked so sharp that I had to grab him.

Beast
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Toy Ark posted the first carded pics of Hand Ninja, Ms. Marvel, and Ms. Marvel (1st Appearance) from Marvel Universe Wave 3. Not the best pics, but at least we get an idea of what they look like carded. Love the Ms. Marvel figures especially. The figure line just keeps getting better.

NerfTW
03-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh, awesome, they both come with the fist dealies. I want to see if they fit on Silver Surfer, since they'd work better with him, I think. (I'm planning to swap accessories like crazy.)

JediTricks
03-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Hmm, I need to see better pics of Ms. Marvel because in those grainy shots, the upper legs and hips look really bad. The bust on the first appearance figure is rank, no need to see better pics, that design is like the GI Joe classics one, I don't like how it looks here either.

NerfTW
03-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Yeah, I'm a little iffy on how the figure looks, but I hope this is just an early mold, and later female figures have better sculpts.

Beast
03-13-2009, 08:03 PM
The bubble and the fuzzy picture isn't helping. The loose pics we've seen have been great.

Old Fossil
03-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Jeez, these things are 8.44 at my Wal-Mart! Gonna have to pass on most of 'em. May pick up Spidey, Green Goblin, and Cap, but at that price point I'll have to let the rest of you enjoy yourselves.

Blue2th
03-14-2009, 10:22 AM
I really like them too, but have been holding off because of the price. :sad:

LTBasker
03-14-2009, 03:26 PM
I was nearly tempted to pick up Punisher today, but since I didn't really care about the line I had never looked up how much they were going to be. When I looked at the price on the pegs I absolutely couldn't believe it, it's just not worth it - especially when they're next to $10.99 Iron Mongers that easily have 4x more bulk than they do.

Phantom-like Menace
03-14-2009, 07:46 PM
I've finally seen Wave 2 in my area. I picked up Ronin. Green Goblin is a figure I wanted, but I passed in hopes I can find him later.

I still haven't seen Captain America, which is my only other must buy from Wave 2, and I haven't seen Bullseye, who I don't want extremely but won't easily find if I change my mind later. I figure I'll get DD when I get Bullseye.

Umbra
03-15-2009, 01:50 AM
I broke down and ended up buying myself a Deadpool figure figure, though i need to wait awhile before i can put him with my other figures. He can join Indy and Captain Jack Sparrow in invading the Star Wars universe >>

Ronin looked pretty intriguing but i had to pass until i get a flow of income somehow.

However, it just hit me this line is Severely lacking in DOOM!...and Squirrel Girl

ZeoVGM
03-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Man, now I'm bored! I only need Beast and Magneto from the W&X-Men line and Bullseye from MU, and I haven't seen them anywhere yet.

MU Wave 3, Nightcrawler and X-Force Wolverine, and the Movie Wave from XMO can't hit soon enough.

JediTricks
03-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Finally saw a couple of these on pegs. Target last night had a Silver Surfer and Human Torch. I didn't realize some of these were going to be buck bodies, but a quick study showed them to be the exact same neck to toe. The FF costume paint on Human Torch made that body look really weird, especially sculpted muscles and pelvic area, while the silver with iridescent on Silver Surfer looked better.

Beast
03-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I hope they use less bucks as things move forward and the line is a hit.

Or at least add more buck choices to what is available to them.

I actually don't mind the re-use right now. But would like to see more full sculpts.

Still no luck finding a Grey Hulk around here. Starting to get annoying.

bluesuntrader
03-15-2009, 08:31 PM
I have found all of the figures from all that are available from the MU line and the Animated X-men, as well as the Origins. I have to say so far that they are not bad at all.

What excites me is the prospect that all characters could be created!

I mean come on claw! thats awesome, and finally the wrecking crew.

Anyhow..whew thank God i have a second job to finance all this plastic molded goodness.

NerfTW
03-16-2009, 09:27 AM
I got my tax refund, so I went out and bought the ones from the first wave that I wanted.

Got Surfer, Daredevil, and Panther. I gotta say, even looking at pictures, and expecting Star Wars sized figures, I was still surprised by the size of them. I would dare say they're almost cute at that size. Surfer let me down a little, because he seems to only be able to pose in one way on his surfboard. Panther was easily the best, and Daredevil was at least better than the old Toy Biz Spider-man one I had back in the day. Punisher was a definite pass. I hope they repaint the Modern one with the classic costume at some point. Couldn't find Bullseye, and that's the only other one from wave 1 that I wanted.

I found Iron Fist and Ronin at Target, but I promised I'd space out my purchases, since I hope this sudden crush of two waves at once is just a fluke, and they'll start to spread out more. Especially since there's only 3 waves left for this year.

I'm definitely excited about this. I hope with waves 2 and 3, my shelf stops looking like a bad Marvel Team Up issue. lol

Beast
03-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Hasbro's Marvel Universe results should be in later today. But Fwoosh posted their personal results.

#1 - Winter Soldier (78 Votes)
#2 - Multiple Man (65 Votes)
#3 - Gladiator (59 Votes)
#4 - Polaris (51 Votes)
#5 - Archangel (45 Votes)

I'm sure the Hasbro results will be much different. Cause Fwooh voters are mostly Marvel Legends fans and voted mostly for who they wanted to see in 6" scale. But I'm happy with most of the results.

You can see the commentary and full results over here:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1292&Itemid=91

TheRealDubya
03-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Picked up Punisher (for the body, will swap heads when the modern comes out) and DD yesterday. They're pretty danged cool. I have three total now. Saw a green Hulk and others -- Hulk has some heft on him!

Old Fossil
03-16-2009, 09:42 PM
I like that the packaging is very minimal on this line, at least compared to the Star Wars line. I bought Spidey today, and it took a lot less time to free him, and there was a lot less waste.

Good job, Hasbro!:thumbsup: (And I mean that.)

ZeoVGM
03-17-2009, 10:42 AM
So uh, about that March 16th thing...

NerfTW
03-17-2009, 11:49 AM
The Fans Have Spoken!
Because you demanded it! The results are in for the 70th anniversary Fan’s Choice and it’s time to reveal the winners. As promised, here’s the list of the top 5 fan favorites as decided by you!

#1 – Archangel
#2 – Winter Soldier
#3 – Havok
#4 – Mystique
#5 – Mary Jane Watson

The response to the “Pick 5” was outstanding and we want to thank the entire Marvel Universe for casting their votes. In fact, we’re so excited about the results, we’re going sweeten the pot and do the Top 7 in 2010! 7 for the 70th just has a nicer ring to it! Can you guess the other two? We’ll be revealing them shortly…in San Diego!

I'm happy. :thumbsup:

Beast
03-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Beat me to it! Damn ya!!

Pretty happy with the results. Very cool that they're going to do the Top 7.

Hopefully Polaris and Beast were the other two winners. :D

ZeoVGM
03-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Polaris? Pshhhhhh. Paperbag Spidey needs to be up in that.

Beast
03-17-2009, 01:35 PM
I have to say I did pretty good. 3 of my 5 choices won.

Archangel, Havok, and Mystique. The other two were Beast and Polaris.

AlecEiffel
03-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm surprised Luke Cage didn't make it.

ZeoVGM
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi-res carded pictures of Wave 3 over at Marvelous News.

Beast
03-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi-res carded pictures of Wave 3 over at Marvelous News.
Gotta love the two Ms. Marvel figures. The rest are kick-*** also.

Beast
03-17-2009, 04:13 PM
My Bro picked up the TRU Exclusive "Back Woods Brawl" for a late B-Day gift for me.

I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the set. Even if it's $19.99. Ouch.

Sabretooth is definatly the star of the set. Especially if you're not a fan of the modern version that came single carded in the XMO: Wolverine line already. This features Creed in his rather famous Jim Lee costume. And wow, he really shows off the shortcomings of the modern Creed figure.

And there is a pun intended there. Cause this version of Sabretooth is huge. He towers over the other figures, and even his modern self. The sculpt is great also, something I haven't crow'd about too much in regard to the XMO: Wolverine line. He's molded and painted both in pearescant colors, making the costume really pop and look comic bookish. And the fur collar is really well sculpted and painted on the one that I picked up. The articulation is great also, Sabes coming in with around 20+ points in total.

As for Wolverine and the Bike? Well... I can't praise Wolverine nearly as much as I can Sabretooth. Much like the rest of the Wolverines in the XMO: Wolverine line, he's pretty subpar. Actually, that's not true. He's actually somewhat better than some of them. He comes in street clothes with an X-Belt and Cowboy Hat. The best aspect is the fact that the bone claws actually are seperated and look more like they're coming from the back of his hands. Which is better than the XMO: W's having movie claws, something that really annoys me. Unfortunatly his long hair screws the ball-jointed neck, and there's way too much exposed on his jacket around the arms, so you can see way too much of his shirt on the sides.

Final analysis - If you don't mind waiting, and don't care about a couple aestetic choices... pass on the set and pick up the Deluxe Blob w/ Sabretooth that's coming out soon. $10.99 rather than $19.99. The Creed you get with Blob won't have the pearlescant look to his costume and will feature long hair, like when he was a member of Exodus' Brotherhood. Where as he normally had short hair, like is on the TRU exclusive version. The Logan w/ Bike is ok, but Sabretooth is definatly the star of the set.

Beast
03-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Some thoughts about the poll results...

#1 - Archangel: I figured he'd come out pretty high in the poll. But 1st Place is even a surprise to me. I'm pretty happy though, we really have never gotten a great version of Warren in his Archangel look. The two X-Men Classic figures from Toy Biz being stuck with a stupid missle launching backpack on his wings. Hopefully Hasbro will consider doing a X-Force variant of Warren as well. In this costume but Black/Silver.

#2 - Winter Soldier: I'm likewise not surprised that Bucky managed to win a slot at a figure. Especially since Brubaker's whole storyline with the return of Bucky, Assassination of Cap, and Bucky becoming the new Cap is a highly acclaimed storyline. Plus we're already getting Bucky Cap in the Wal-Mart exclusive Gigantic Battles sets. Hopefully we'll get a classic Bucky to go with the Invaders 4-Pack at some point also.

#3 - Havok: Another result I'm pretty happy with. Especially since we never got the planned 'Modern Havok' in the Marvel Legends line. And I was never a big fan of the so-called "Eggbeater Mask" look of the Classic Havok. Hopefully Polaris placed in the 6th or 7th place, so we'll get both characters. Or at least Hasbro will consider doing Po anyway. Especially with the fact that both characters are getting a big push in Marvel.

#4 - Mystique: Yay for females. Yay for villains. Yay for female villains. Mystique's one of my favorite X-Villains. And I'm glad they're doing her classic white outfit, instead of the black spy costume that she wore in her miniseries that was done in the Marvel Figurines recently. Plus she's Ms. Marvel's original nemesis, so I'm glad she's coming sooner rather than later. Now if we can only get her Leman, Destiny.

#5 - Mary Jane Watson: Honestly, I'm surprised that she came in 5th place in the poll. She was the one choice that really made me do a double take. Not because she's a bad choice, just that she wasn't one I figured would do so well when going up against so many A-Listers. Maybe the results are due to all the angry Spidey fans who are peeved at Marvel due to the Mephisto Marriage Break-Up of Brand New Day.

Beast
03-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Well, the Q&A is back with Hasbro. It'll be up on Action Figs soon.
But here's a copy of it to keep you happy. As well as a sneak peek of Wave 5 Electro.

ActionFigs Hasbro Q&A:

Yesterday, Hasbro revealed the winners of their Pick 5 Marvel Universe Poll. There's a lot of talk around the web about that, but hopefully today's Q&A with Hasbro will give us even more to talk about. Though it sounds like Nick Fury is keeping any big reveals close to his chest until San Diego Comic Con in July. Can't wait!

ACTIONFIGS: Last year at San Diego Comic Con when Hasbro debuted the Marvel Universe figure line, there were two figures shown in a Presentation Slide that we haven't seen surface in the Marvel Universe line as of yet. We were wondering what's happening with the Colossus and Modern Thor figures that we were shown at the presentation last year?

HASBRO: These were super early looks at a couple of prototypes that weren't completely finished. These exact protos didn't make it into the line for 2009. But fear not. They are both extremely important characters that will no doubt have their day in the Marvel Universe line.

ACTION FIGS: When the Fury Files site went live on 3/1, the names of the Wave 5 figures were revealed. Electro, Spider-Man 2, Iron Man Silver (Centurion?), Guardian, and Sub-Mariner. While there are concerns over the number of Spideys this year (3 singles, 2 in Secret Wars, and 1 in the Amazing Friends 3-Pack) the wave sounds great. We're just wondering what version of Spidey this is going to be, and if Sub-Mariner would be in his black costume? Since the SDCC Invaders Boxset Namor is likely in his Green Speedo.

HASBRO: We can confirm this: the SDCC Invaders Boxset includes Namor in his green trunks. We can also confirm that Electro is wearing Green. However, we're going to have to ask you to wait until SDCC to get the rest of the dirt and details on Wave 5!

ACTION FIGS: The Secret Wars Comic 2-Packs are a great idea! Our mouths are watering at the potential of getting stuff like The Marauders or Guardians of the Galaxy in this format. Anyway, Wave 1 and Wave 2 are great. Looking forward to 616 Cap, Klaw, Thunderball, Classic Cyclops, Magneto, and Spider-Woman. However Wave 1 and 2 seem to depending heavily on characters already made in Marvel Universe. Since each figure is packed with a retool or repaint. Any teases of what Wave 3 and 4 hold? The rest of the Wrecking Crew is a given. A lot of us are hoping for Mohawk Storm, Classic Rogue, and Enchantress.

HASBRO: There are a few characters that pack some serious "wow" factor in waves 3 and 4. We can't reveal the lineup until July at SDCC but we promise you this: you won't be disappointed!

ACTION FIGS: The X-Men Origins: Wolverine line seems like a great companion line for Marvel Universe. Especially getting all those great Wolverine costume looks out of the way. Not to mention Gambit, Deadpool, Maverick, etc. However, there's a lot of us who are frustrated that in a "Comic Series" subline to the movie, Wolverine's claws are sculpted coming between the knuckles, like in the movie. Instead of from the back of the hands like in the comics. There's a comic accurate Brown costume Wolvie coming in the Secret Wars packs, can we hope for his other costumes in the MU line as well? Especially Tiger Stripe?

HASBRO: We're just scratching the surface in the MU line with over 50 different figures in the first 10 months. You can bet that there'll be plenty more stuff from every corner of the Marvel Universe in 2010.

ACTIONFIGS: There's some confusion over the "Gigantic Battles" 2-Packs that were recently announced as exclusives for Wal-Mart. The Toy Fair presentation showed the BAF Galactus w/ Silver Surfer and BAF Sentinel w/ Wolverine in slides. Are those two going to be released in the "Gigantic Battles" line also? It would be a shame if this was just a tease.

HASBRO: The images that were shown at Toy Fair were actually reconnaissance photos from the Fury Files. Fury has files on everything...you know that.

ACTION FIGS: Finally, you asked us last time what version of Wonder Man we want in Superhero Squad. Red Safari Jacket please!

HASBRO: One vote for the Safari Jacket. noted.
Marvelous News:

Marvel Q&A With Hasbro Plus A Marvel Universe First Look At Electro

Each month we submit 3 questions to the Hasbro design team for Marvel products. Here is the latest batch of questions and answers for March 2009:

Marvelous News: Can you provide us with the images of the items shown to us but did not provide us with images of at Toy Fair:

- Marvel Universe SDCC Invaders box set and Cap Black & White
- Wal-Mart exclusive Winter Soldier Captain America w/Giant Man Skrull
- Wal-Mart exclusive 6" X-Men movie figure 2-packs
- 6” Iron Man Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo
- Spider-Man Classic Green Goblin
- Marvel Universe Electro

Hasbro: Images of these items will be coming out closer to Comic Con, but we've sent one along with these answers - check out Electro from Universe Wave 5! (See below)

Marvelous News: Will the 6" Wal-Mart exclusive X-Men movie figure 2-packs be new sculpts or just re-releases of the old Toy Biz ones?

Hasbro: These packs include a mix of both newly sculpted features and existing tooling.

Marvelous News: Can you give us the details on how one will be able to obtain the Nick Fury mail-away figure. Now that Marvel U figures are out it would be helpful to know if people should be saving something from the card backs or not?

Hasbro: Details are still being finalized..an announcement about the Nick Fury Exclusive Figure Program will be forthcoming soon.

Marvelous News: Now that the second wave of 6" Marvel Legends 2-packs are TRU/Diamond exclusives, when will they be released?

Hasbro: These will be coming your way in early summer 2009.

Marvelous News: Will you be including figure stands with MU figures anytime soon or selling them separately in some way?

Hasbro: We are looking into this possibility for 2010 but there's nothing concrete to announce yet.

AlecEiffel
03-18-2009, 01:20 PM
wow, that Electro looks surprisingly great.

Beast
03-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Here's some more Q&A's from around the web.
Note: Not all of them are relating to the 3 3/4" line. Just posting the whole bunch.

Kastor's Corner:

Kastor: When will we see Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo in stores?

Marvel Team: These are currently planned for 4th quarter 2009.

Kastor: When will the Toys R Us 3 packs for the Marvel Universe line start to hit shelves? And the Secret Wars two packs?

Marvel Team: The exclusives you mentioned will hit in the September / October timeframe and the Secret Wars 2 Packs hit this coming August.

Kastor: With the Green Goblin and Winter Soldier four packs delayed, are the other packs are delayed also? (Defenders and Fantastic Four)

Marvel Team: Yes, all of the Squad 4 packs are temporarily on hold. However, you can bet with all the new news on Super Hero Squad (Cartoon Network in Fall 2009) that we'll find a place for them.

Kastor: Is Marvel Universe the only line with SDCC exclusives this year?

Marvel Team: Yes. There are 2 Marvel Universe 3.75" offerings and a Mighty Mugg.

Kastor: Are there any plans for Marvel specific stands for the Marvel Universe line?

Marvel Team: We would like to work stands into the line at some point, but it's not something that you'll see for 2009.

Figures.Com:

1) It was revealed at Toy Fair that Hasbro's popular Marvel Mighty Muggs will become exclusive to Toys R Us beginning this Fall. With what character wave will this changeover occur?

The Fall 2009 plan for Muggs isn't set in stone just yet. More to come on this over the next couple of months.

2) Also, what effect, if any, will this move have on new Marvel characters being made as Mighty Muggs? Will previously released Marvel Muggs be re-offered as part of the deal?

As we roll into Fall 2009, there will be some new Muggs like Green Goblin, Iceman and Magneto, but you'll also see plenty of faves from the past year and a half like Silver Surfer and Galactus.

3) When will we see a large-scale Marvel Transformers Crossover similar to the Death Star/Darth Vader done for Star Wars, such as a Galactus/Aircraft Carrier?

We don't have plans to go that big just yet, but we are launching a super combiner this year which features Spider-Man and Iron Man together in one deluxe pack.

Superhero Times:

Hasbro Marvel Q & A - March

Here's the newest questions and answers from Hasbro!

1) When can fans expect to see Marvel Universe scale figures based on older Marvel movie characters, such as X-men, Spider-man, and Hulk (perhaps as a sub-line)?

We have no immediate plans to do 3.75" figures from past movies.

2) Will we see a release of Stilt Man in the 6" Iron Man line or perhaps as a future Marvel Legends Build-A-Figure?

Stilt Man would be cool! However, he is not planned for 2009.

3) Not much was announced/revealed at New York Comic-Con or Toy Fair in regards to Marvel Legends. What is the status of the series and what other releases are planned this year aside from the recently released Nemesis wave and upcoming Toys R US 2-packs?

We haven't revealed any new plans for 6" at the moment. We're focusing heavily on the launch of the Universe line in the front half of 2009 but we will have some new 6" news at SDCC.

And from One-18th.Com:

First and foremost, will we EVER be able to see the Build-A-Figure (or similar scale) Sentinel for this line, or any of the other larger scaled figures? Because general consensus is that this scale (1:18th) would be perfect for those larger Build-a-Figure Characters such as Sentinels, Galactus, Fing Fang Foom, etc.

Check out the images of the new Marvel Universe "Gigantic Battles" line coming out this Fall at Wal-Mart. This segment features 2 different giant scale characters - Goliath and the Giant Skrull from the pages of Secret Invasion.

Will there be any possibility for playsets such as the Danger Room or a Weapon X Laboratory? I suppose this would fit under the category as well, but maybe larger vehicles like the X-Jet (or dare say, a SHIELD Helicarrier)?

We're excited about the vehicle & playset opportunities that come along with a 3.75" scale. The Danger Room would be awesome. We're focusing heavily on figures for 2009 (we're releasing over 50 in the 1st 10 months in Universe alone), but you can bet we're looking at some other ideas that expand the world of play for 2010.

So... Nick Fury. Details are hard to come by, other than he's supposedly a mail-away figure. Can you let us know what we have to do to redeem him? We don't want to throw something away that should be using to save up to get our Fury figure!

Details are still being finalized….an announcement about the Fury Exclusive Figure Program will be forthcoming soon.

The articulation on these figures seem to change with the character. Is there a reason why some have various styles of articulated upper legs, articulated ankles/elbows/waists, some do not, so on and so forth?

Different types of characters feature different articulation schemes. For example, a huge character like the Hulk might not need lots of double breaks like knees and elbows, whereas a Spider-Man or a Silver Surfer needs every point of articulation you can pack into it! Including fewer articulation points on some figures enables us to include more articulation on others so it's a balancing act - it really depends on the essence each character.

Looking forward to the Secret Wars Comic Packs coming out. Do you have any plans for box sets of figures as we have seen with Star Wars and GI Joe? Thinking of sets like Fantastic Four; Avengers (such as): Captain America, Hawkeye, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Quicksilver, Ant Man; WWII: Captain America, Bucky, Red Skull, Baron Zemo, etc.

Funny you should mention that WWII pack! Our first Box set will be released at SDCC this year and will feature an Invaders vs. Red Skull theme. Characters include Classic Cap, Namor, the original Human Torch and the Red Skull.

VexOrdo
03-18-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm starting to get really dissapointed in my area. I went to Toys R Us and Walmart today and they, as usual, had crap. TRU just had left overs of the lame figures, in my opinion, from wave one, a lot of Human Torch, Wal Mart had all the stupid WatXM figures and like 2 origins figures. So far all I have is

MU:
X-Force Wolvie
Iron Man
Spidey (bleh)

WO:
Logan
Deadpool
Maverick

Adam
03-18-2009, 10:16 PM
MU:
X-Force Wolvie
Iron Man
Spidey (bleh)

WO:
Logan
Deadpool
Maverick

Don't feel too bad. Some of us still don't have any at all.

figrin bran
03-19-2009, 12:06 AM
I got the comic series Wolverine from the movie line today. I had to wait on getting this because I've not been able to find one with decent paint apps. Anyhow, I like it except he seems awfully short.

Adam
03-19-2009, 12:42 AM
I got the comic series Wolverine from the movie line today. I had to wait on getting this because I've not been able to find one with decent paint apps. Anyhow, I like it except he seems awfully short.

Short for even Wolverine?

dantes_inferno
03-19-2009, 03:14 AM
so is there any info when the Gigantic battles will be released and in some of those Q&A's they mentioned pictures of them, anyone have them?

NerfTW
03-19-2009, 08:49 AM

Wolverine is really short.

bigbarada
03-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Wolverine is really short.

Yep, something like 5'3" IIRC. In nature, wolverines are incredibly aggressive for being such small animals and I think that was the whole point for Wolverine's character.

NerfTW
03-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Yep, something like 5'3" IIRC. In nature, wolverines are incredibly aggressive for being such small animals and I think that was the whole point for Wolverine's character.

Supposedly, when Wolverine was first created, they hadn't figured out exactly what he was yet. The initial plot was that he actually was an evolved wolverine, courtesy of the High Evolutionary. This is backed up by a comment in the first mission where one of the Ani-men points out that he's not human or mutant.

That was, of course, quickly dropped. Then the claws became part of his mutant power body, and they decided on a mid-30's age when he takes his mask off when the sentinals attacked.

As near as I know, this is from Comic Creators on X-men book that I've been meaning to pick up. It has a lot of neat info on what the original plots were going to be.

mabudonicus
03-19-2009, 01:12 PM
I guess I'm late on this, I got the Surfer for my birthday and he's pretty darn sweet- a hint for folks having trouble getting more than the "assumed" pose (using both pegs) is to use only one peg on the board and have the other foot "loose"- it still takes some futzing, but you can get some pretty proper, varied poses this way- the front peg is better for low stances as you can get his "trailing foot" nice and far back on the board

I seriously hope we get all the "real" heralds (my dream would be the Galactus B.A.F. being packaged with the remaining ones, Air Walker, Firelord, Nova, Terrax, maybe the Destroyer Armour and POSSIBLY as a real oddball Aunt May)
:beard: Iso&Baws
Oyes heralds aplenty- Dormammu would/will be SWEET too

VexOrdo
03-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Don't feel too bad. Some of us still don't have any at all.

I feel your pain brada, I feel your pain . . .

HUNTEROFMEN
03-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Hello all,
I joined this because everytime i typed in marvel universe this forum would come up.
I am looking for 2 very important figures to my 3 year old son who loves these figures. I do too, captain america and the hulk. any help out there with collecting hints and how the stores restock, everytime i go I find the same ones,..ironman, spidey and surfer.....i did get the goblin when I saw it,..figured it would be a hard to find.

NerfTW
03-20-2009, 03:34 PM
They're both available on Hasbro Toy Shop (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=820&SBR=726&ST=SO&NPG=27) right now. :thumbsup:

HUNTEROFMEN
03-20-2009, 03:47 PM
thank you very much. But I could also use a few hints on stocking and things like that,....I am also looking for a toy that was taken from my son,...ironman figure from the spiderman and friends line....cant find it anywhere.

jedimastergeorge06
03-20-2009, 04:43 PM
I didn't see a xmen origins:wolverine figures forum so i guess ill do a post here......I preordered the actual movie figures a few weeks ago from HTS and i got them today in the mail and let me tell you ....that they are great figures!!!

The sabertooth is pretty good i think atleast. A decent pain job. The black coat that he wears is removable so you could take the coat off of him and do a custom figure if you wanted to ....like maybe a johnny cash figure lol..He comes with a chain and some kind of pick....I would give him an 8 out of a 10.

The deadpool movie figure is pretty cool. His wrists don't move though in which is a bummer but its ok..hes a good figure anyway...i would give him an 9 out of 10 also.

The logan with jacket is awsome!!! He comes with two sets of hands with claws. One set of hands are open and the other set of hands are fists. Pretty cool. I dont have any complaints about him so ill give him a 10 out of 10!!!

And the brownish colored clothed logan is pretty awsome too!! He also comes with two sets of hands. One set has claws and the other set are with out claws and they are fisted. Ill give him a 10 out of 10 also!!!

These are great figures and they are with the wait!!!! I recommend these figures!!! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
03-21-2009, 10:24 AM
My local WalMart got a new case of Wolverine Origins figures in, because last night they had 5 full pegs of them.

I picked up the movie Wolverine figure, the movie Sabretooth figure, and the movie Deadpool figure. All very cool.

I was debating on picking up the movie Logan figure but I passed. Perhaps another time.

I am enjoying these Wolverine Origins figures as much as the Marvel Universe figures.

figrin bran
03-21-2009, 09:05 PM
I bought Captain America and Stealth Iron Man today. Cap is my favorite of the line thus far!

Movie Deadpool sounds like a must get - if only I could find one!

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Been seeing more XMO:Wolverine figures around here, but mainly more comic series. Brown & Mustard Wolvie is bizarre-looking, but kinda accurate, '80s (I didn't check the claws though).

I found a really beat up green Hulk 3.75" fig, quite a pinhead on him, and the facial sculpt doesn't work in person better than in photos for me. I was impressed at how big this figure is on card though. I also found and picked up Iron Man & Stealth IM. These MU figs are kinda taller than I expected, somewhere between SW and GI Joe's 4". Iron Man has a great look, I hope that paint doesn't come off, so far it's holding tight. Articulation is good, could use a little more range in the knees and elbows, but generally good. Has a few decent poses, although the right hand's repulsor push pose doesn't quite work for ANYTHING. There's a lot of sculpting here, the notes are somehow both realistic and cartoony at the same time, but it ends up on the "wow" side for me.

figrin bran
03-23-2009, 12:58 AM
I bought WatXM Colossus today, not realizing that it has an action gimmick that hampers the shoulder articulation. I guess it's a sort of downward punching gimmick and so the shoulders are connected together to accomodate that. Obviously it makes posing him to be a problem.

I hate to say this but thus far, this particular subline isn't much better than DCIH.

ZeoVGM
03-23-2009, 02:36 AM
I bought WatXM Colossus today, not realizing that it has an action gimmick that hampers the shoulder articulation. I guess it's a sort of downward punching gimmick and so the shoulders are connected together to accomodate that. Obviously it makes posing him to be a problem.

I hate to say this but thus far, this particular subline isn't much better than DCIH.

Not a lot, but definitely a little. The figures just look better.

The difference is that DCIH are based on the comics. W&XM are based on a cartoon and are geared more towards a younger crowd, so less articualation. They look cool on display though.

NerfTW
03-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Wolverine and the X-men isn't a "subline". It's a completely separate line for a separate media property, for a completely different audience. It's really not comparable to the Marvel Universe line at all, other than the fact that both contain X-men characters.

DarkArtist
03-23-2009, 11:22 AM
i picked up the Wolverine Origins Deadpool movie figure today. looks amazing...can't wait to display all the figures.. currently have my entire collection packed away in boxes for the move......30 days and counting.

The Captain
03-23-2009, 12:19 PM
:upset:I'm puzzled by the difficulty I'm having in finding certain figures. Captain America for example is on sale on E-bay, but I haven't seen one on sale anywhere at TRU, WM, or Target. What's the deal? Do they purposefully not send out certain figures in order to create a higher demand?

NerfTW
03-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Yes.

It's totally a conspiracy and not just that Captain America is popular.

TheRealDubya
03-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Picked up four more over the weekend -- Daredevil, Human Torch (fire variant), Green Hulk and Stealth Armor Iron Man. Was really hoping to find Green Goblin and Cap, but no luck. Looking forward to the Wolverine with the jacket on from XMO:Wolv wave 2. I'm going to wait for the Secret Wars comic pack to get a blue-yellow Wolvie though.

I think I'm most looking forward to the Classic Iron Man, Classic Ms. Marvel and the Spider-Man and His Amzing Friends 3-pack. There's seems to definitely be some improvement in the bucks and sculpting in the later waves.

JetsAndHeels
03-23-2009, 08:11 PM
i picked up the Wolverine Origins Deadpool movie figure today. looks amazing.

It is a really cool figure....so is the movie Wolverine. For a figure in a 3 3/4" line, I think they got the likeness pretty good on that one (of course I had to decide between 3 of them for paint app reasons).

plasticfetish
03-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Put up a quick review of Silver Surfer -- here (http://www.plasticfetish.net/2009/03/sentinel-of-spaceways.html).

I've also had some time to play around with the Hulk figure, and yeah... I love it. It took a few tries to find one with decent paint, but now that I have, I'm really happy with it.

As a matter of fact, I'll give credit where credit is due, and say that Hasbro has come a very long way since those first Marvel Legends figures when it comes to paint. As simple as this figure is--green and purple--there's some nice shading and texture. I've looked back at other Hulk figures that I have, where there's two or three different colors of green plastic being used, and there's none of that slop here... it's solid. I'm such a huge sucker for Hulk toys anyway, but this one is really fun to have out on the desk.

Just waiting for classic Iron Man now. :thumbsup:

Beast
03-23-2009, 11:19 PM
That's one of the first real fair reviews I've seen of the MU Hulk.

Seems to be most of them pose him crappy and say he sucks.

Hasbro haters!

El Chuxter
03-24-2009, 12:43 AM
I can't say he sucks, but he does look like a big green Anthony Michael Hall.

plasticfetish
03-24-2009, 03:24 AM
I can't say he sucks, but he does look like a big green Anthony Michael Hall.Or... maybe Anthony Michael Hall looks like a small pink Hulk. (Hmmm?)

WingZero
03-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Sup board:

Collector here from Hawaii. Started with air jordans but recently rekindled my love for comics with the brand new day storyline and the new xmen stories. Toys are easier to get and display and the hobby is much cheaper than jordans.

When I saw the marvel universe toyline and the wolverine toys, I had to get them all. Currently I have a full set of waves 1 and 2. Everyone on the continental us should be glad of the 7.99 pricepoint. Hawaii price points are 8.99 at target to a whopping 10.49 at kmart. Comic shops in hawaii have them at 11.99 and 12.99 I recently went to LA and bought a few more to start a collection to have loose and I was loving the 7.99 price point.

A quick few questions for the set collectors:

Which were the hardest to get for you?

The xmow deadpool and gambits were nonexistent here. I think I managed to get the sole target deadpool.

The mu Bullseye was impossible to find. I had to pick mine up at a comic store. None of the big box retailers had them.

Anyway, on to wave 3. Happy hunting folks!

Beast
03-24-2009, 02:25 PM
The hardest to get here? Wave 2 for the most part. Haven't seen any of them in the wild.

XMO:W Gambit and Deadpool were both tough for a while. But I'm seeing more.

WingZero
03-24-2009, 03:12 PM
The hardest to get here? Wave 2 for the most part. Haven't seen any of them in the wild.

XMO:W Gambit and Deadpool were both tough for a while. But I'm seeing more.

Beast:

Thanks for the reply. I remember picking up the entire wave 2 at walmart. Saw 2 of each figure except for captain America which had 5 or 6!!

Those were like 9.23 or something each. So bullseye wasn't hard to find for anyone else?

JetsAndHeels
03-24-2009, 04:22 PM
So bullseye wasn't hard to find for anyone else?

Not hard to find here. I did not buy him, but saw a few of him on the pegs at Target.

My local WalMart has yet to get any Marvel Universe figures at all, only the Wolverine Origins and animated figs.

Beast
03-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Marvelous News has new promo shots of Wave 4. Looking awesome!

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12088

jedimastergeorge06
03-24-2009, 07:48 PM
HTS has the new xmen origins wolverine movie figures in if any body is looking...and if you are order soon cause im sure they wont last long...especaily the movie deadpool figure!!!

RooJay
03-25-2009, 01:00 AM
Do people really like that movie Deadpool figure?! I'm sorry but I find that thing absolutely atrocious, and I'm really hoping that seeing him in action in the film changes my mind about their design choices. Nothing about that design says Deadpool to me.

In regards to wave four - really nice looking figures, but I find it a bit disappointing that they've decided to reuse the Black Panther body for Blade. The body was wrong for Panther the first time around. Hasbro keeps saying that the level of articulation on a figure is determined on a case by case basis depending on the powers and personality of the characters. Here again we have a case of two characters known for their agility who have ended up as two of the least articulated figures in the line. They did the same thing with Tigra, or will have if she's ever released (was she released?)

JediTricks
03-25-2009, 01:51 AM
I think they mean the Comic Series Deadpool, not the movie version.

I picked up XMO:W comic series Gambit today. Not that impressed really. The sculpt is alright, paint is decent (although the jacket is a little translucent), and it has an ok head design. But the articulation is a tad lacking, the neck and torso could use more range, and the wrists and ankles needed to be articulated altogether. Also, the lower legs are too gummy, the staff is gummy as well but the legs, you know, HOLD THE FIGURE UP! Oh, and the hips are painted at whatever angle they left the figure on, which is basically sideways.

Classic Blade and Hobgoblin are really cool looking, very wild!

I spotted a few Punishers, that giant head junk makes the whole thing look very DCIH.

plasticfetish
03-25-2009, 03:08 AM
Marvelous News has new promo shots of Wave 4. Looking awesome!Mmmm. Red Hulk and Hobgoblin look good, but I'm not wild about the others. Too early to tell maybe.

Oh, and... who's Union Jacket? ;)

NerfTW
03-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Mmmm. Red Hulk and Hobgoblin look good, but I'm not wild about the others. Too early to tell maybe.

Oh, and... who's Union Jacket? ;)

As far as I can tell, he may have been in a Captain America comic, but more recently, he's a member of M13 in Britain. He's the Batman to Captain Britain's Superman, it seems.

He looks interesting, and since M13 seems to be made up of a few cool characters, I might grab him. Blade is on that team now as well.

Dammit, this line is making me want to buy comics regularly again.

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2009, 10:21 AM
I actually do like the movie Deadpool figure, but IMO the comic series Deadpool is the superior one out of the 2, hands down.

And I opened the movie Wolverine figure last night and I think its a very well made figure. It does have some issues, but overall it is my favorite that I have purchased from the movie series so far.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-25-2009, 01:54 PM
God the movie deadpool is horriable!!! I thought all the hasbro figures had that sort of articulation. . . I bought the hulk and was really impressed by him and gave the line another chance, and what i've learned is not to buy the wolverine movie figures as all of them suck.

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2009, 03:17 PM
what i've learned is not to buy the wolverine movie figures as all of them suck.

Even the regular Wolverine movie figure? I have that one and I must say it is my favorite from the movie series.

plasticfetish
03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
As far as I can tell, he...I was kidding man. There's a typo ("Jacket") over at the Marvelous News site. ;)

I actually think this smaller version of him may be better than the 6-inch ML version that I (wish I hadn't) picked up. The ML version has weird little feet and stunted legs. It'll be the paint that makes or breaks this one.

VexOrdo
03-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Loving the Blade, Moon Knight and Rulk, Hobgoblin looks lame in my opinion as does Union Jack but I always thought they were lame figures anyway, go figure

NerfTW
03-25-2009, 07:41 PM
I was kidding man. There's a typo ("Jacket") over at the Marvelous News site. ;)

I actually think this smaller version of him may be better than the 6-inch ML version that I (wish I hadn't) picked up. The ML version has weird little feet and stunted legs. It'll be the paint that makes or breaks this one.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. :stupid:

*sound of joke going over Nerf's head... again...*

WingZero
03-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Has it hit stores yet?

NerfTW
03-26-2009, 09:06 AM
God I hope not. The line's only been out a month. At this rate, we'll be at wave 5 before Comic Con.

They said 34 single carded figures this year, so I hope the releases at least get a month or two between them, or we're going to have an empty second half of the year.

Beast
03-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Here's carded pics of Wave 4 thanks to ActionFigs and Collection Station.

Blade - While he's using my least favorite body, I have to say that the Blade figure turned out pretty well. I do wonder if we're going to get a variant with the bare tattooed arms like the Proto we saw ages ago.

Hobgoblin - Really nice reuse of the Green Goblin body. I really like the metallic paints on the bodysuit and the new cape and head. Now maybe they can use the body and do Demogoblin or Menace down the line.

Moon Knight - Another character that took years to get in ML, in the 1st year of MU. I have to say he turned out pretty good. I was worried about the headsize due to the prototypes, but he turned out great.

Red Hulk - While it's a fairly easy repaint of Grey Hulk with a new head, I really like how Red Hulk turned out. The new head is especially nice, given the fact that so many people don't like the Green/Grey Hulk's head.

Union Jack - Very cool that we're getting Union Jack so early in the figure line. Yes, it could be due to the fact we got him last year in Marvel Legends. But it's still cool. Hopefully Captain Britain will be coming soon.

You can see the loose pics over at Collection Station:

http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/7818
http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/7820
http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/7817
http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/7816
http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/7815

AlecEiffel
03-26-2009, 05:39 PM
I wish Red Hulk came with a gun.

Beast
03-26-2009, 05:55 PM
I wish Red Hulk came with a gun.
They can always do a Comic Pack with Red Hulk w/ Gun and Abomination. ;)

AlecEiffel
03-26-2009, 05:57 PM
True, that would be pretty sweet. I'd love an Abomination figure in this line.

jedimastergeorge06
03-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Went to toysrus today and got the exclusive xmen orgins wolverine set. The sabertooth is great and i like the motorcycle but the wolverine figure it self is just ok with me...dont like the head on it but otherwise its a pretty good set. I bought it anyway even though it was 20 bucks. It could have been 15 bucks but hey it is a toysrus exclusive. Now im waiting on walmarts exclusives.

DarkArtist
03-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Here's carded pics of Wave 4 thanks to ActionFigs and Collection Station.

Blade - While he's using my least favorite body, I have to say that the Blade figure turned out pretty well. I do wonder if we're going to get a variant with the bare tattooed arms like the Proto we saw ages ago.

Hobgoblin - Really nice reuse of the Green Goblin body. I really like the metallic paints on the bodysuit and the new cape and head. Now maybe they can use the body and do Demogoblin or Menace down the line.

Moon Knight - Another character that took years to get in ML, in the 1st year of MU. I have to say he turned out pretty good. I was worried about the headsize due to the prototypes, but he turned out great.

Red Hulk - While it's a fairly easy repaint of Grey Hulk with a new head, I really like how Red Hulk turned out. The new head is especially nice, given the fact that so many people don't like the Green/Grey Hulk's head.

Union Jack - Very cool that we're getting Union Jack so early in the figure line. Yes, it could be due to the fact we got him last year in Marvel Legends. But it's still cool. Hopefully Captain Britain will be coming soon.

You can see the loose pics over at Collection Station:

http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/7818
http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/7820
http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/7817
http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/7816
http://www.collectionstation.com/items/view/7815

look slike a cool wave.....i'm in for all except Moon Knight. not really a fan.

picked up Wolverine Origins Brown Suit Wolverine today.

JediTricks
03-27-2009, 02:52 AM
Loving the Blade, Moon Knight and Rulk, Hobgoblin looks lame in my opinion as does Union Jack but I always thought they were lame figures anyway, go figureWhat's wrong with the Hobgoblin figure? Not the character, but the figure itself.

Here's carded pics of Wave 4 thanks to ActionFigs and Collection Station.Nice job, B.

Blade - While he's using my least favorite body, I have to say that the Blade figure turned out pretty well. I do wonder if we're going to get a variant with the bare tattooed arms like the Proto we saw ages ago.Wow, I have the opposite feeling, the carded version looks like carded garbage. That figure went from cool to lame in 2 seconds flat. The pose, the softer sculpt on the head, the chest, the head up too high, the horrible jacket, the super long sword... there's so much wrong with that carded version, I feel like I got betrayed by a friend seeing that. Total fail in my eyes.

Hobgoblin - Really nice reuse of the Green Goblin body. I really like the metallic paints on the bodysuit and the new cape and head. Now maybe they can use the body and do Demogoblin or Menace down the line.The prototype paint had my hopes up too high, this is ok but it's kind of a let-down in the orange parts.

VexOrdo
03-27-2009, 06:06 AM
What's wrong with the Hobgoblin figure? Not the character, but the figure itself.

I just don't really like Hobgoblin, no diss on the figure I just don't see me picking that up going "Yay found Hobgoblin!" thats more of a Red Hulk reaction :yes:

ZeoVGM
03-27-2009, 10:30 AM
That Blade figure is completely awesome.

God I hope not. The line's only been out a month. At this rate, we'll be at wave 5 before Comic Con.

They said 34 single carded figures this year, so I hope the releases at least get a month or two between them, or we're going to have an empty second half of the year.

Well, the Secret Wars packs start coming out in August, so the second half of the year won't be empty.

NerfTW
03-27-2009, 11:36 AM
But 24 figures in one month would screw up distribution completely. There would be no chance to restock older waves, and newer waves would only go out to stores that sold out already. Not to mention for people that want most of them it's just ridiculous. And wave five, set to be revealed at Comic Con, would be out months before that.

Thankfully, it looks like wave 2 was a fluke, and wave 3 is set for May.

VexOrdo
03-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Went to the local Wal-Mart today and was graced with good fortune. Picked up Movie Deadpool, amazing figure, Ronin, also amazing figure, and Green Hulk, decently amazing figure. Now all I need is Cap and then I'm good with what I got. Werid thing though, I tried to put the codes on Fury Files and instead of telling me they were invalid, it said they were yet to be declassified by Nick Fury, what the hell does that mean? Are you not allowed to put Wave 2 in yet?

P.S. I think I remember someone else being from the Kingston area, whoever it is, I hid 3 Deadpools behind an Iron Man like armor car or something for ya, I think its NerfTW right?

NerfTW
03-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Yup. Neato, thanks. :thumbsup:

VexOrdo
03-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Alright cool, yeah I hid 3 of the Movie Deadpool behind an Iron Man car thing, they also had another Hulk, Green Goblin and plenty of Logan (interchangeable hands + ax), Wolverine (interchangeable hands) and Sabretooth (chain + scythe thing) and an Iron Fist :razz:

figrin bran
03-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Went to the local Wal-Mart today and was graced with good fortune. Picked up Movie Deadpool, amazing figure, Ronin, also amazing figure, and Green Hulk, decently amazing figure. Now all I need is Cap and then I'm good with what I got. Werid thing though, I tried to put the codes on Fury Files and instead of telling me they were invalid, it said they were yet to be declassified by Nick Fury, what the hell does that mean? Are you not allowed to put Wave 2 in yet?

P.S. I think I remember someone else being from the Kingston area, whoever it is, I hid 3 Deadpools behind an Iron Man like armor car or something for ya, I think its NerfTW right?

I've been having the same problem with entering Cap's code as well.

I picked up Movie Wolverine with interchangeable hands today.

TheRealDubya
03-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Picked up movie Wolverine w/extra hands and the movie Logan with the beige shirt. Really, really cool little figures.

ZeoVGM
03-29-2009, 12:08 AM
I think Wave 3 will be out by the end of April.

Didn't expect Wave 2 of Wolverine and the X-Men (Nightcrawler, Wolverine in X-Force costume) to be out already, but I got them at Target this weekend.

Also got Deadpool and Sabretooth from Wave 2 of XMO: Wolverine.

ZeoVGM
03-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Someone that wasn't me put the Wiki into a graph format, which looks nice. Very detailed. I then edited it a bit, adding release dates next to each wave, as well as a new section for Wolverine and the X-Men.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Universe_(toyline)

I'm thinking about turning it into three different pages, because really, the XMO and Wolverine and the X-Men lines are NOT part of Marvel Universe.

But they ARE part of Hasbro's Marvel 3 3/4" initiative.

So I'm thinking of making it into three pages and then when you look at the bottom at the "Superhero Toy Lines" box, which has categories for Marvel, DC, and others, making one for "Marvel 3 3/4 by Hasbro", which would link to all three.

plasticfetish
03-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Okay...so here's the first figure switch-a-roo that I've seen with this line. Anyone know where that Daredevil figure on the right actually came from?

Beast
03-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Okay...so here's the first figure switch-a-roo that I've seen with this line. Anyone know where that Daredevil figure on the right actually came from?
It looks to be the Toy Biz Super Hero Showdown version of Daredevil.

TheGreyGhost
03-30-2009, 12:11 AM
I actually think that Dare Devil looks better then the regular one. Then again, I was rather disappointed with Daredevil, so I'd naturally think something different look better...

If I ever find that, maybe I'll buy it...

NerfTW
03-30-2009, 04:28 PM
Super Hero Showdown figures can be had for pretty cheap on Ebay.

VexOrdo
03-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Wait so someone actually swapped a Daredevil, why woudl you do that? :lipsrsealed:

NerfTW
03-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Sneaky thieves do it because they feel they are "owed" for having bought the figures before. They buy the new figure, swap it with an older "outdated" figure, and return it, thereby shoplifting the updated figures for free, and with little risk to thier own selves.

VexOrdo
03-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Sneaky thieves do it because they feel they are "owed" for having bought the figures before. They buy the new figure, swap it with an older "outdated" figure, and return it, thereby shoplifting the updated figures for free, and with little risk to thier own selves.
Not cool man, not cool :sleeping:

RooJay
03-31-2009, 12:58 AM
I think I'd actually rather have the Showdown Daredevil!

Beast
04-01-2009, 09:25 AM
It's hard to believe... but reports/pictures are already coming in of Wave 3 being found.

Black Costume Spider-Man
Hand Ninja
Iron Man (Classic)
Ms. Marvel (Modern)
Ms. Marvel (1st Appearance)
The Punisher (Modern)
The Thing

NerfTW
04-01-2009, 10:09 AM
OH COME ON! :mad:

This is ridiculous. How on earth is anyone supposed to buy these things when they're just dumping 24 figures on the market in a span of 3 weeks?

ZeoVGM
04-01-2009, 10:18 AM
OH COME ON! :mad:

This is ridiculous. How on earth is anyone supposed to buy these things when they're just dumping 24 figures on the market in a span of 3 weeks?

Well that's not really the case. The official release date of Waves 1 and 2 was March 1.

The official release of Wave 3 probably isn't until the middle of April. But much like Waves 1 and 2, some stores (more and more towards the west coast it seems) will put them out early.

Beast
04-01-2009, 10:25 AM
At this rate, they really better slot another wave in for the end of the year.

We're already at 24 of the 34 figures in 2009 being available.

Though we do have the Exclusives and the Comic Packs in the later part of the year.

JetsAndHeels
04-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Hand Ninja

Anyone else besides me think this is a funny name?

DarkArtist
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
It's hard to believe... but reports/pictures are already coming in of Wave 3 being found.

Black Costume Spider-Man
Hand Ninja
Iron Man (Classic)
Ms. Marvel (Modern)
The Punisher (Modern)
The Thing

Wow, looks like the hunt is on. the only pass for me is The Thing (not a fan)

JetsAndHeels
04-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Just picked up Captain America and Green Goblin. Both are very cool figures!!

Beast
04-01-2009, 08:46 PM
Just picked up Captain America and Green Goblin. Both are very cool figures!!
Yeah. Cap and Goblin are two of the best figures in the line so far.

In fact, Wave 2 pretty much blows away all of Wave 1 by a long margain.

JetsAndHeels
04-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah. Cap and Goblin are two of the best figures in the line so far.

In fact, Wave 2 pretty much blows away all of Wave 1 by a long margain.

Ronin, Bullseye, and Human Torch were also on the pegs. I left them there, as for me those are easy passes.

I may pick up a green Hulk too, it looks like a nice figure.

RooJay
04-02-2009, 02:15 AM
For a cool and quick custom Unmasked Captain America, I recommend swapping in Duke's head. It fits kind of tightly on Cap's neck post, but looks great and still functions properly articulation wise!

plasticfetish
04-02-2009, 04:44 AM
Anyone else besides me think this is a funny name?Yes... yes I do.

NerfTW
04-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Don't forget the "Chaste Hand Ninja" varient in the battle packs. lol

That would be Lefty, he feels neglected.

Thinking about the ridiculous number of waves being released this month, it looks like this line is selling way better than Hasbro ever thought. Instead of being spaced out over a few months, they must be selling through their inventory in a matter of days.

I hope they do re-releases for those of us who missed figures from the first few waves.

JetsAndHeels
04-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Yes... yes I do.

Word. Great minds think alike.

TheGreyGhost
04-02-2009, 11:56 AM
I am really starting to hate these Wolverine figures...

I only grabbed a few, but they are the hardest damn figures to pose. I really wanted to do a whole Team X thing with my figures, but I can't pose Stealth Strike Logan or Mavericks legs worth a damn because the joints are either too stiff and I have to use an unbelievable amount of force, or they are two different pieces that cannot be moved independently.

What where they thinking?!

</rant>

bluesuntrader
04-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I like these figures, but i am just not completely sold. I stated in a previous post that i thought they were very cool, and that i had hoped that they really explore the universe of characters.

I just am not sure yet.

Current Inventory
Hulk - Green
Green Goblin
Ronin
Maverick
Deadpool
Dare Devil
Silver surfer
Bullseye
Iron Fist

I mean i am already in at about 90.00 so far!

El Chuxter
04-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm not getting these, but what the hell is up with that Deadpool figure from the Wolverine movie? I can't stand the character, and even I think he got shafted on that pice of carp!

Beast
04-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm not getting these, but what the hell is up with that Deadpool figure from the Wolverine movie? I can't stand the character, and even I think he got shafted on that pice of carp!
You'll have to see the movie. But the figure is accurate to the movie.

Phantom-like Menace
04-03-2009, 05:01 AM
I don't really have a problem with Wave 3 being out already. I have more trouble with the fact that some of the first two waves are so damned hard to find. I've never seen Bullseye (I know he was only in the first iteration of Wave 1, not subsequent revisions), but thankfully my brother found him for me, and I've never seen Captain America--still don't have him. If Wave 3 is as damned difficult to find, I'm in trouble, because I want all of them and multiples of the Hand Ninjas.

Chaste Hand Ninja

I remember reading that and thinking, "Aww, poor guy. I hope it's by choice."

NerfTW
04-03-2009, 01:09 PM
ARG. The local Target isn't restocking anything. (Although they did have wave two figures out, but it's been the same few figures for three weeks.)

Toys R Us is clearly getting them in, since the number of Johnny Storm figures are increasing every time I go. But that's all they ever have. Johnny Storm and Wolverine. One of these days I'll figure out when they put the stock out so I can grab a few.

At least I grabbed a Gambit figure.

NerfTW
04-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Finally polished off Wave 1. I've only seen the two wave two cases that were picked over at Target. Most other stores in my area are still putting out fresh Wave One cases.

Still debating Wolverine, but there's plenty of him lying around. Anyone know how much the deluxe packs are going to be, and when they'll be out? I don't feel like paying $20 for Sabertooth, so I think I'll get the Blob/Sabertooth 2 pack.

And most importantly, who else would love to see a Shuma-Gorath (http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/f/fd/Shuma.jpg) figure? lol

ZeoVGM
04-04-2009, 05:52 PM
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3381020

TRU.com has it for $14 on their site, the two pack.

Of course there is shipping but it'll still be a couple bucks less.

Any free shipping codes for the site out there?

NerfTW
04-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Hmm, maybe I looked at the wrong price sticker.

TheRealDubya
04-04-2009, 07:36 PM

Black Costume Spider-Man
Hand Ninja
Iron Man (Classic)
Ms. Marvel (Modern)
The Punisher (Modern)
The Thing

I saw a few of these today at the Emerald City Comic Con; Hand Ninja, Black Costume Spidey and The Thing. They were like $12 a pop though, so I decided to wait. Ben looked great. If they'd still had the Classic Iron Man though, I'd have sprung for it.

Beast
04-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Here's the figure numbers for Wave 3. Just for refrence.

018 - Black-Costume Spider-Man
019 - The Thing
020 - Punisher (Modern)
021 - Iron Man (Classic)
022 - Ms. Marvel (1st Apperance)
023 - Ms. Marvel (Modern)
024 - Hand Ninja

ZeoVGM
04-05-2009, 02:08 AM
Hmm, maybe I looked at the wrong price sticker.

No, it's $20 in store and $14 + shipping (like $18 total) online.

figrin bran
04-05-2009, 11:55 AM
The two Wolverine lines are on sale for $6 this week at Target.

Old Fossil
04-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Finally found Captain America last night at WM, on a bent-up card. Awesome figure, aside from a little paint issue on his mask.

JediTricks
04-05-2009, 09:32 PM
I just don't really like Hobgoblin, no diss on the figure I just don't see me picking that up going "Yay found Hobgoblin!" thats more of a Red Hulk reaction :yes:Sure, I get what you mean there.

Saw newer XMO:W figs at Target. Deadpool looks so stupid, I saw an animated gif from the leaked version of the film, it's accurate, and even stupider than I expected. What were they thinking?!?

What was with the interchangeable hands on the wave 2 Logans? One was really stupid, same claws, but instead of fits they're pistol hands... and he has no pistols!

Same store had Wolverine & the X-men figs. These looked a little more simplistic than I was expecting even based on the photos. Iceman had less transparent plastic than I thought, Magneto had horrible paint and seemed small, Beast had simplistic paint, and Cyclops' eye doesn't translate at all.

wmweaver2
04-05-2009, 10:30 PM
Much to my suprise i found the Wave 3 set at target early sat morning.I picked up thing, ms. marvel two variations, classic iron man , new punisher, black spidey and the hand ninja. I check it a few times a week its right around the corner. The only other figures they had on the shelf was a hulk which I bought another so i could open a Cap and another Ms. Marvel. Ill keep checking this week i want a Thing to open. I thought they were not supposed to be out for a few months. I was actually just looking for a black panther.

DarkArtist
04-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Much to my suprise i found the Wave 3 set at target early sat morning.I picked up thing, ms. marvel two variations, classic iron man , new punisher, black spidey and the hand ninja. I check it a few times a week its right around the corner. The only other figures they had on the shelf was a hulk which I bought another so i could open a Cap and another Ms. Marvel. Ill keep checking this week i want a Thing to open. I thought they were not supposed to be out for a few months. I was actually just looking for a black panther.

nice find. i'm looking forward to this wave but going to pass on The Thing (just not one of my favorites)

VexOrdo
04-07-2009, 07:34 PM
I was just looking on eBay for Cap and it hit me, where is Captain Britain!?!? Anyone want to see him in future waves?

The Captain
04-07-2009, 11:03 PM
I couldn't find a Captain America, and so I went on e-bay and wound up bidding on two...and won. Then I saw a Captain America figure on sale at Target. Figures!:cry:

I like it. Think it looks great, however in my mind he's supposed to be alot bigger, heavier muscled than the Black Panther. And, while the card on the back says he's 6'3 and 250 pounds, and the Black Panther is just 6 foot and 200 pounds, they don't look that. The Captain figure is more puny than the Panther figure.

These are just little things...but it is a little disappointing. It seems that Captain America would be about the size of the Sabertooth figure that comes with Wolverine in the TRU exclusive.

Finally, I wonder if they are going to come out with the new Captain America, the Bucky version?

dantes_inferno
04-10-2009, 03:06 AM
The Captain- yeah, they will be releasing him as part of the Wal-Mart exclusive Gigantic Battles, hes set to come with a Super Skrull or something i think

DarkArtist
04-10-2009, 04:10 PM
still no sign of Wave 3 by me...oh well. hopefully soon they will ship. kindas getting tired of seeing endless seas of Spiderman, Iron Man, and the Fantastic 4 guy clogging the pegs.

does anyone know if Hasbro has plans to release the following:

Venom
Carnage
Doc Oc
Shocker
and Red Skull seperatly (I know he's an SDCC exclusive but would love to get him on a single card release)

Adam
04-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I would be shocked if Hasbro didn't get to all of those eventually.

mabudonicus
04-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Yeah of that list Shocker would be the low man I would think, but even he will most likely be made, he gained a pretty high profile among younger fans with that 90's Spidey series.

Venom and Carnage- with them being so popular with the "new blood" as well (I can't stand any of them symbiotic goofs myself, give the the Terrible Tinkerer over them anyday) I have no doubt you'll see them- I wouldn't be surprised if a multi-pack with all the mutations/variations from that era was released down the line (getting folks to buy yet another Spidey to get at some of the less well-known or desirable ones like 4 armed spidey)

Heck, seeing Dormammus name bandied about makes the possibilities endless.

One of the real beuties with this line is that the possibilities for figures are practically endless compared to SW. More important even is that many lesser known and less popular characters will still make cool, kid-friendly toys. Unlike SW where there are so many characters that are NOT going to interest kids (like say Po Nudo), Marvel is positioned such that oddballs like Bi-Beast (despite being ridiculous and not appearing in many books) would actually probably sell well with both collectors AND kids who like wacky looking monsters. Even "lame" characters like Aunt May or Jamieson should draw enough collector appeal to warrant being made, as they are properly iconic. I would buy Uncle Ben LONG before I would buy some goofy background senator or jedi from the SW line and I am sure there's a lot of folks who think the same way.

Still really hoping for the "real" Heralds and Dormammu- and I hope the above made some kind of sense

NerfTW
04-13-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm actually already contemplating buying the movie line Bi-beast, since he's in the right scale for the line. (Given what I see from pictures of the original one)

But I don't have a Hulk figure yet, and Bi-beast, while interesting, would take up a lot of room. Maybe in a future Hulk movie assortment. Also, I have no idea who he is outside the wikipedia entry and the videogame.

I'd put Venom as a very likely candidate. And Doc Ock. Carnage, a little lower on the list. Red Skull is likely as a repack, maybe in a battle pack with AIM agents. (That's who he worked for, right?) Shocker has potential (They did make Electro for wave 5) and he's a simple repaint. (With new gauntlets, maybe)

The thing I love about the way they're going about this line is that I will totally accept simple repaints for a lot of characters. There's so much potential for a Sinister Six exclusive, or an Alpha Flight pack (with Sasquatch as an all new figure).

ZeoVGM
04-13-2009, 03:28 PM
There needs to be an Anti-Venom in this line.

Also, Walmarts in MA now have the Premium Series for XMO: Wovlerine, which includes both Logan and Creed with removable coats. They're exclusive to Walmart.

Once I get those, I'll have everything released so far, minus MU wave 3 and Bullseye.

Rocketboy
04-13-2009, 05:31 PM
There needs to be an Anti-Venom in this line
Ugh, God no. I have no idea what that thing's story is, but it looks retarded.

NerfTW
04-14-2009, 11:59 AM
-edit- I have no idea where I got that information from, since looking up Anti-venom on Wikipedia proves me completely wrong..

Anywhoo, it's Brock in a new Venom suit formed from his blood or something.

mabudonicus
04-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Depends on what era Red Skull you're talking about, I thought AIM was a much more recent invention, the Red Skull was originally a WWII baddie who worked for the "bad" Germans
Maybe an original Living Laser would be cool too

RooJay
04-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Depends on what era Red Skull you're talking about, I thought AIM was a much more recent invention, the Red Skull was originally a WWII baddie who worked for the "bad" Germans
Maybe an original Living Laser would be cool too

Where there a lot of 'good' Germans in WWII?

ZeoVGM
04-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Ugh, God no. I have no idea what that thing's story is, but it looks retarded.

Helllll no. It's one of the best symbiote designs they've done, and the story arc was freaking great. The new Select figure they put out for it is really good, so I definitely want a 3.75" one.

mabudonicus
04-15-2009, 07:59 AM
RooJay- some sites tend to have measures in place to prevent the use of the common name of the National Socialist movement from that era so I figured I would just say it like that :D
And in the comics there were DEFINITELY no "good germans" at the time

NerfTW
04-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Well, since it's a Hasbro product, we know the Invaders box set version won't have a Nazi symbol on him. They'll probably go with that cross that they usually use.

That's why I mentioned AIM. They can just reuse the head on one of the generic bodies and make him in his jumpsuit deal that he wore for a while (edit- For a single card release, since they wouldn't want to screw over anyone who bought the SDCC Exclusive). (Not that familiar with Red Skull outside late 90's) Or they could stick it on a suit and tie body, making potential future J Jonah Jamesons, Henry Gyrich, and General Thunderbolt Ross a possibility. (Or even a Normon Osborn!)

DarkArtist
04-15-2009, 11:38 AM
I picked up the Walmart Exclusive Wolverine this morning and I have to say the sculpt is spot on Hugh Jackman very nice job on Hasbro's part. Couldn't bring myself to get Sabretooth (figure looks horrible. more like Dracula then Sabretooth).

Beast
04-15-2009, 03:38 PM
We haven't had any real new info for a bit.
But here's new carded and loose pics of the upcoming Wolverine Deluxe sets.

http://www.collectionstation.com/categories/view/X-Men-Origins-Wolverine.2415/Deluxe-Action-Figures.2513

Blob & Sabretooth - Not thrilled that Blob has next to no articulation, but he looks pretty good. Love the expressive face especially. Not like he won't just get stuck in the back of the display anyway. The long-haired version of Sabretooth turned out pretty well also. Definate purchase.

Deadpool & Missle Launcher - The Deadpool looks good. I'm not a huge fan of the character, but it's nice to see they did a different sculpt for the version that comes with the deluxe missle launcher. It'll make Deadpool fans happy at the very least. I can think of other Deluxe sets I'd rather have.

Wolverine w/ Motorcycle - Just like the Sabretooth that comes with Blob, the figure and bike are pretty close to the ones from the Toys R Us 2-Pack. Just with a different paintjob, which isn't that big a deal. Looks like this one might have shorter hair so he can at least look up somewhat. Hope so.

Wolverine w/ Stasis Tank - I really like this set. Mostly for the diorama piece. I always love deluxe packs that include something that can be used like that. I think the Wolvie figure that comes with it looks better than the carded Weapon X version anyway. Especially since it's lacking the crappy leg balls. Might need to take the equipment from the single carded one and give it to him. Best of both worlds.

NerfTW
04-15-2009, 06:04 PM
That's pretty good. Ten dollars for Sabertooth and a Blob I'm not too keen on either way (want in case they make the full brotherhood, but he's just going to be sitting there until then), and a Deadpool that looks a bit nicer than the single carded one.

Not too shabby. Now if only wave two of Marvel Universe could show up here already. I think I'll go in to TRU tomorrow and ask if they have any cases in back and see if I can get them to expand it onto one of the empty pegs. (Since ten Human Torches are taking up the only two pegs.)

VexOrdo
04-15-2009, 07:14 PM
I really like the Weapon X, but I always have liked Weapon X figures, except the god awful one from the normal comic series, but this one looks like he has potential :thumbsup:

RooJay
04-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Deadpool & Missle Launcher - The Deadpool looks good. I'm not a huge fan of the character, but it's nice to see they did a different sculpt for the version that comes with the deluxe missle launcher. It'll make Deadpool fans happy at the very least. I can think of other Deluxe sets I'd rather have.

Just wondering - what is different about this Deadpool? He looks exactly the same as the single carded version I already have to me.

Wolverine w/ Motorcycle - Just like the Sabretooth that comes with Blob, the figure and bike are pretty close to the ones from the Toys R Us 2-Pack. Just with a different paintjob, which isn't that big a deal. Looks like this one might have shorter hair so he can at least look up somewhat. Hope so.

This Wolvie also looks to me like the exact same sculpt as the TRU version.

Wolverine w/ Stasis Tank - I really like this set. Mostly for the diorama piece. I always love deluxe packs that include something that can be used like that. I think the Wolvie figure that comes with it looks better than the carded Weapon X version anyway. Especially since it's lacking the crappy leg balls. Might need to take the equipment from the single carded one and give it to him. Best of both worlds.

Finally, what is the difference in "leg balls" here? Does this figure use a different type than the other version. I've personally never felt the look of that particular ball-joint was nearly as big a deal as it seems to most other folks, but aside from that it looks to me like this figure uses the exact same tooling as the previously released Weapon X Wolverine.

NerfTW
04-15-2009, 08:30 PM
The head sculpt on the Deadpool is different. (Or at least pointier eyes) The cuffs on his boots are different, and the belt isn't as large as the single carded one. Also, the sheaths are positioned differently.

Not major changes, but different enough.

Beast
04-15-2009, 08:54 PM
There's a lot of differences. You just have to compare them.

And the leg balls is the crappy leg articulation being used on the XMO: Wolverine line.

RooJay
04-16-2009, 03:53 AM
And the leg balls is the crappy leg articulation being used on the XMO: Wolverine line.

I'm actually seeing that articulation on the deluxe Weapon X there. Only reason I bring it up.

NerfTW
04-16-2009, 10:22 AM
WAVE 3 IS AT HASBRO TOY SHOP RIGHT NOW. :D:thumbsup:

Maradona
04-16-2009, 11:12 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I tried a few old codes for discounts, but none were functioning. As it is, less frustrated driving around is a good thing.

DarkArtist
04-16-2009, 03:54 PM
just ordered a set for me. whoo hoo. can't wait

Beast
04-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Doh! Got all of Wave 3 except for Modern Ms. Marvel. Sold out already.

I guess she's going to be like Grey Hulk for me. A pain in the butt.

DarkArtist
04-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Doh! Got all of Wave 3 except for Modern Ms. Marvel. Sold out already.

I guess she's going to be like Grey Hulk for me. A pain in the butt.

hopefully not. i want a few of them for customizing etc. I'll keep my eyes peeled for extra ones for you

Phantom-like Menace
04-17-2009, 01:04 AM

Thanks. I snagged Iron Man, which was my #1 most wanted figure. The only other one they had was Symbiote Spidey, and I'm not as worried about getting him. Would have liked to get modern Ms. Marvel and Hand Ninja, but oh well.

Beast
04-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Posted links to the Wolverine & The X-Men Wave 3 figures in the TV forum.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=674359&postcount=65

DarkArtist
04-18-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm surprised that my order has shipped already on Wave 3 I thought they weren't going to arrive for about another 2 weeks or so.

Beast
04-18-2009, 08:49 PM
First sneak peek of the Namor figure from Marvel.Com

Namor will be available in the SDCC Invaders Boxset from Hasbro.

The 4-Pack will include GA Cap, Namor, Human Torch (Jim Hammond), and Red Skull.

You can see the other figures in the following video at Marvel.Com.

http://www.marvel.com/news/toystories.7678

Edit: Added in the best shot I could of Red Skull. Looks like Vogel from the Indy line.

figrin bran
04-18-2009, 09:32 PM
I found 3 pegs full of Wave 3 this morning at Target. This was the most MU figures that I've ever seen at one store.

I bought only Modern Ms. Marvel and Ninja.

NerfTW
04-19-2009, 10:12 AM
That's an awesome set. I'm kind of annoyed at Cap not having a triangular shield, but I definitely want it. How do those work again? Do I have to be there to get it, or does it show up on HasbroToyshop or anything afterwards?

That makes what, three human torch variants in one year? The man's getting his dues. (Even if they aren't the same person, technically.)

edit- Also, it looks like it's not a box set, but actually four single carded figures (probably in another package), for those of you who collect carded. Pretty neat.

RooJay
04-21-2009, 02:16 AM
Kind of miffed that Red Skull re-uses Vogel's (under-sized for this line) body. I suppose it kind of works, but it's still a pretty cheap move; especially considering that that body already got extra mileage as I recall as last year's SDCC Cobra Commander.

RooJay
04-21-2009, 02:17 AM
Double post - feel free to delete.

NerfTW
04-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Just got my wave 3 in the mail. I still haven't gotten anyone from Wave 2 except Iron Fist, who uses the original basic body, but Wave 3 at least is a massive improvement over Wave 1. They're just so incredible looking. (Well, Ms. Marvel has a small problem with the paint on her arm, but it's barely noticable)

On the extremely plus side, it looks like the foot holes have been deepened. Iron Man and Ms. Marvel now fit perfectly on the Hasbro Star Wars stands. So it looks like going forward, the newer sculpts can use the same stands.

NerfTW
04-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Wolverine Origins wave 3 (Iceman, Cyclops, Tigerstripe Wolverine unmasked) are up for pre-order on Hasbro Toy Shop, with a ship date of May 20th.

RooJay
04-22-2009, 02:24 AM
Ooh, that Iceman is purty!

Anyone else notice that there is a mistake in Thing's tooling? His right elbow joint is misplaced - being located at the inner edge of his elbow, rather than in the pit of the elbow where most folks' arms bend.

DarkArtist
04-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Kind of miffed that Red Skull re-uses Vogel's (under-sized for this line) body. I suppose it kind of works, but it's still a pretty cheap move; especially considering that that body already got extra mileage as I recall as last year's SDCC Cobra Commander.

The SDCC Cobra Commander and Vogel are two seperate sculpts. I think CC was based on the then prototype for Toht of the Indy line.

i am upset that hasbro used Vogel's body for Red Skull though, now i can pass on the set and hope that Hasbro redoes Red Skull on a single card for the universe line and gives us a better sculpt.

Beast
04-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Maybe they at least scaled/tooled up the Vogel body for the line.

That small of an increase in size shouldn't hurt the fine detail too much.

I'll be sure to include that question in my next Q&A with Hasbro.

RooJay
04-23-2009, 01:12 AM
You know very well that Hasbro didn't do that.

AlecEiffel
04-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Picked up most of wave 3 yesterday, but couldn't find either of the Ms. Marvels. I already have the feeling this is going to get frustrating. I went to two Targets. The first had tons of Classic Iron Man and only one or two of the other (non-Ms Marvel) Wave 3 and some of Wave 1. The second store had an unbelievable amount of Hand Ninjas and a couple Green Hulks.

RooJay
04-24-2009, 01:34 AM
Ms. Marvel wasn't so hard for me to find - I found at least two of each at a nearby Target last weekend in the later afternoon. Also finally found the 'flaming' Human Torch at another Target a few nights ago. Strange color choice on his torso - almost a blood red color, and much darker than his arms and legs.

NerfTW
04-24-2009, 10:04 AM
I think that's just a side effect of having translucent colored plastic. The more there is, the darker the color is going to look.

RooJay
04-25-2009, 02:35 AM
I'm thinking it has more to do with wanting to hide the inner workings of the articulation in the torso. I seem to recall someone at Hasbro mentioning this issue in regards to some other recent toy. I would much rather they'd been a little more visible.

Beast
04-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Looks like there's a running change on Spider-Man.

The version showing up in the Wave 3 case is a darker shade of Red/Blue.

Not the best picture, but you can somewhat see it here.

TheGreyGhost
04-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Hmmm, I hope to find that Spider-Man somewhere around here, or at least see it in one of those sets that are coming out. I like it better then the light blue color scheme.

figrin bran
04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
I found the Thing at Target today.

Amazingly they put out 3 cases worth of wave 3 last week, sold out and today around 3 more were placed on the pegs.

ZeoVGM
04-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Any package photos of that newer Spidey?

RooJay
04-28-2009, 03:51 AM
Found Origins: Wolverine Comic Series Iceman at Target last night on the way into work. He looks even better in person!

Beast
04-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Found Origins: Wolverine Comic Series Iceman at Target last night on the way into work. He looks even better in person!
Cool! Any pictures?

JediTricks
04-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Spotted Black Spidey, Hand Ninja, Ronin, Thing, Hulk, and a few other guys at Target yesterday.