PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Universe - 3 3/4" Figures!!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

RooJay
04-29-2009, 01:23 AM
Cool! Any pictures?

Sorry, I'll try and post one tomorrow.

Phantom-like Menace
04-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Found Origins: Wolverine Comic Series Iceman at Target last night on the way into work. He looks even better in person!

Very sweet! I'm really looking forward to Iceman and Cyclops . . . if some of the glut of Origins figures sell down enough for them to put some out.

Edit: Ah, forget about it. I just preordered them from hasbrotoyshop. As much as I'd like to support TRU, it's too hard to find figures in this hobby to be too picky about where I find them.

plasticfetish
04-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Looks like there's a running change on Spider-Man.Just saw this post... and you know, it's funny. Yesterday we were looking through a bunch of recently stocked Wolverine figures, including a ton (probably a dozen) of Deadpools, and it seemed as though the paint quality was waaaay better than what I'd seen when they first appeared.

Beast
04-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Just saw this post... and you know, it's funny. Yesterday we were looking through a bunch of recently stocked Wolverine figures, including a ton (probably a dozen) of Deadpools, and it seemed as though the paint quality was waaaay better than what I'd seen when they first appeared.
Not a huge surprise. Like with Indiana Jones, it took a while to get the kinks worked out.

Beast
04-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Here's some loose pics of Cyclops and Iceman from XMO: Wolverine Wave 3.

No ankle articulation on Cyke. No wrist articulation on Iceman.

ZeoVGM
04-30-2009, 05:08 PM
So no in-package shots of the repainted Spidey?

Beast
05-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Sadly, I don't have any. Found Wave 3 today at Target.

Picked up the Modern Ms. Marvel that I was missing. Her leg paint is a bit sloppy, but she'll do until I find a replacement. Great figure though, except for the lack of Bicep Swivel. From the Marvel Q&A that I just got back though, expect bicep swivels on females moving forward.

Head to Action Figs, which includes some new pics of the TRU Exclusive 3-Packs.

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=2996

Loving the set with 1st Appearance Daredevil, Vac-Metal Surfer, and Classic Stealth Iron Man.

Beast
05-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Speaking of the Q&A. Here's some as they start to come back.

Kastor's Corner:

Kastor: Hasbro had a pretty significant showing of Marvel Universe product at SDCC last year. Thirty-four single figures were shown/revealed, will we see an MU reveal as big as that at this year's SDCC?

Hasbro: Did we really show 34 figs last year!? We have a lot of new news and product that we're planning to debut for MU at SDCC but it is too early to discuss specifics.

Kastor: Are we going to see any vehicles or Sentinel-like figures for the Wolverine and the X-men line?

Hasbro: The Wolverine and the X-Men animated line will only include figures in 2009.

Kastor: We have seen exclusves for Walmart and Toys R Us , but nothing for Target for the 3 3/4 inch lines. Will we see any this year at Target?

Hasbro: Additional retailer exclusives are scheduled for reveal at SDCC; we can't share new exclusive news until then.

Kastor: When will we get to see some close ups of the SDCC exclusives for the Marvel Universe line? The Mighty Mugg Exclusive?

Hasbro: We'll be sending out new images of the Con exclusives over the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, please enjoy a few other images that we've sent along.

Kastor: I have not asked a Blink question in a while, any plans for her in one of the many Marvel lines?

Hasbro: Great character, and the name comes up frequently in character debates,but you won't see her in 09.

ToyArk.Com:

Can you tell us what is needed for redemption of the MU Nick Fury Mail away? Most importantly what part of the package?

Check Marvel.com June 1st for a special announcement regarding the Nick Fury Figure!

Is there any further details on the MU Gigantic Battles like the first wave assortment and images?

Yes, the lineup for the initial wave is as follows: Goliath with Classic Iron Man; Modern Captain America with Giant Skrull (from the pages of Secret Invasion)!

Since the line is called Marvel Universe any chances of seeing other Hasbro/Marvel Comic characters from comics. Sectors, Transformers, G.I. Joe, MASK, Visionaries ect....?

Unfortunately, this is not a possibility due to various licensing issues.

"X-Men Origins: Wolverine". Any info on the release date for wave 3, and the Deluxe series? Will there be additional movie characters eventually? Are Iceman, Cyclops, and Unmasked Wolverine the only new characters in wave 3? Is the line currently planned to continue past wave 3?

The third wave of X-Men Origins: Wolverine and the first wave of the Deluxe Figures will hit shelves this summer. Iceman, Cyclops and Wolverine will be the new figures in the wave; future waves of figures will be unveiled in San Diego at Comic-Con this summer.

When will the Deadpool Mighty Mugg be released, and are ALL Mighty Muggs going to be TRU exclusive, or only Star Wars?

The Deadpool Mugg will probably not make it to shelf until the end of the year. TRU is definitely planning to continue with Marvel Muggs but they are not planned to be exclusive.
Marvelous News:

MN: Will the Marvel Legends Nemesis wave ever hit U.S. Wal-Mart stores and if so, when?

Hasbro: We've been experiencing some unfortunate delays in getting this BAF wave to the shelf. We're currently exploring several different avenues to try and get them to you. We also want to make these available as soon as possible. More details to follow as the specifics develop....

MN: Will the series 2 Marvel Legends 2-pack variants be released. I'm referring to Stealth Iron Man/Sharon Carter and Dum Dum Dugan/Hand Ninja? And also what happened to the Torch/Invincible set?

Hasbro: We still have plans to release these figures but the timing for this particular wave will be determined by how fast the current wave of 2 packs sell through.

MN: Will you do a line of 3 3/4" Marvel Universe style Iron Man figures for Iron Man 2 like you have done with Wolverine Origins?

Hasbro: Unfortunately, we can't yet discuss details on our 2010 product lines just yet.

MN: Can you reveal and show us the SDCC exclusives you have planned for Marvel stuff this year?

Hasbro: There are 3 SDCC Marvel exclusives this year. The first is a Wolverine Mighty Mugg with exclusive foil packaging and retractable claws! Next, a Marvel Universe 4-pack of single carded figures featuring the Invaders and exclusive artwork by Joe Quesada. Finally, we're celebrating 70 years of Marvel history with a special commemorative grayscale Captain America! This single carded figure will also feature original artwork by Joe Q!

MN: You have teased news about the 6" Marvel Legends line will be revealed at SDCC. Many fans have been left feeling that Hasbro has no real plans to support this line into the future, that it's all 3 3'4 from here on. Is someone at Hasbro willing to go on record here and now to assure fans of the 6" stuff that this is not the case and that the news that will be revealed in SDCC is something that should really make them happy?

Hasbro: We know fans of the 6" lines are eager for new news about their favorite scale. We're still planning to reveal some new news at SDCC, but as mentioned previously, we won't be discussing the details until then!
Figures.Com/Superhero Times:

1) Online retailers are listing different characters for upcoming Marvel Universe waves 3 and 4. What is the definitive list of from Hasbro regarding these waves and when can fans expect them in stores?

Different case packs can have different mixes of figures in them so it's not unusual to see some differing lineups online. Marvel Universe Wave 3 consists of Black Costume Spider-Man, Thing, Punisher (new head, black costume), Ms Marvel, Classic Ms. Marvel and a Hand Ninja. Wave 4 is madeup of Blade, Hobgoblin, Union Jack, Red Hulk and Moon Knight. We're reading reports of consumers finding wave 3 on shelf now and wave 4 won't be far behind.

2) Does Hasbro have any plans to release a collectible binder so fans can easily carry and store their Fury Files?

We're looking at some new ideas for Fury File storage as we speak.

3) Spider-Spud was a big hit with fans. Can we expect any new Marvel characters in potato form this year and if so, who? Iron Spud perhaps?

No new spud plans for 2009.

1) What Marvel superhero surprises (exclusives) does Hasbro have in store for fans at San Diego Comic-Con?

There are 3 SDCC Marvel exclusives this year. The first is a Wolverine Mighty Mugg with exclusive foil packaging and retractable claws! Next, a Marvel Universe 4-pack of single carded figures featuring the Invaders and exclusive artwork by Joe Quesada. Finally, we're celebrating 70 years of Marvel history with a special commemorative grayscale Captain America! This single carded figure will also feature original artwork by Joe Q!

2) Has Hasbro considered contracting Sideshow Collectibles to produce 12-inch scale Marvel action figures, similar to what they do with Star Wars and GI Joe?

Hasbro and Sideshow are different licensees for these licensed products so
this is not a possibility.

3) Quite a few Marvel Universe figures are planned for release this year. Does Hasbro have any plans for a check list so fans can keep track of collection?

We're working on a checklist that will be added to the Furyfiles site soon.

ZeoVGM
05-01-2009, 07:18 PM
What exactly is this "Vac-Metal Surfer" about?

And about that stealth Iron Man, was that the first Stealth suit he had? Where in the comics did the Wave 1 version come from?

Beast
05-01-2009, 08:31 PM
What exactly is this "Vac-Metal Surfer" about?

And about that stealth Iron Man, was that the first Stealth suit he had? Where in the comics did the Wave 1 version come from?
I'm just guessing that the final version is gonna get the vac-metal treatment.
He also looks to have a different head. I'd have to do a side by side comparison.

And yep, the original Stealth Armor was a variation on the classic armor.
I don't think the current Stealth Armor version actually exists in the comics.

ZeoVGM
05-01-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm just guessing that the final version is gonna get the vac-metal treatment.
He also looks to have a different head. I'd have to do a side by side comparison.

And yep, the original Stealth Armor was a variation on the classic armor.
I don't think the current Stealth Armor version actually exists in the comics.

I'm seeing something about like a 2003 issue of Black Panther where he first used a "Mark III" Stealth suit, but have not seen it.

ZeoVGM
05-01-2009, 08:44 PM
http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/titles/Black_Panther.1998.45

Never mind. There he is. Silver + purple.

Lame, I didn't know that previous blue Iron Man wasn't even in the comics.

RooJay
05-02-2009, 04:37 AM
Actually, what you're looking for is seen here on the cover of Iron Man #152:
(...and yes, though the version of Stealth Armor Iron Man we got in series two hasn't really shown up in comics to my knowledge, it proliferates in various related media as the stealth version of the current armor - toys, statues, etc..)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/thumb/8/8c/Iron_Man_152.jpg/300px-Iron_Man_152.jpg

RooJay
05-02-2009, 05:05 AM
One of those questions from ToyArk made me think of something I'd love to see come out of this line: the return of Crystar, the Crystal Warrior! This one actually is completely owned by Marvel if I'm not mistaken (having been licensed by them to Remco for the original line) and even had ties to the Marvel Universe proper.
I'd kill for new versions of the original characters (including those from the comics who never made it out in plastic form):

Crystar
Warbow (in the right scale this time - he should have been taller than Crystar, but his figure ended up pretty shrimpy)
Ogeode
Feldspar
Zardeth
Ambara
Moltar
Lavour
generic Lava Man
Koth
Stalax
Ika (yummy, yummy, Ika...)

Also, I'd like to point out that Marvel also owns Commander Rann, Marionette, and Bug (if not the Micronauts concept themselves) part and parcel. I would love to have those as well.
I'd also like to mention once more that Hasbro, it seems, also now owns another Marvel comic/toy crossover character that might fit in quite nicely with this license and would seem to be much appreciated by fans - Rom, the Spaceknight.

Beast
05-02-2009, 06:23 AM
Marvel doesn't own the Micronauts. Just the original characters they created, which includes Bug. Bug is really the only one who continues to appear in the Marvel Universe... right now a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Who I'm all in favor of seeing made, especially Rocket Raccoon.

Beast
05-02-2009, 06:56 AM
And here's some more Q&A from Hasbro from around the net.

Cool Toy Review:

Cool Toy Review: Are there any female figures (Storm, Emma Frost) in the pipeline for the animated Wolverine and the X-Men line?

Hasbro: Watch for an announcement over the next couple of weeks on Wave 3 of Wolverine & the X-Men!

Cool Toy Review: Are there plans to produce more Marvel movie figures at the 3 3/4" scale? I have recently purchased the movie versions of Logan, Wolverine, Sabretooth, and Deadpool, and I would love to get more figures from either the Wolverine Origins movie or from other Marvel movie franchises.

Hasbro: The Wolverine movie figures are the only 3.75" movie figures planned for 2009.

Cool Toy Review: If you ever decide to make a repainted version of Punisher for Marvel Universe, could you possibly do it just like the variant in series 4 of Marvel Legends? The camo version to be specific. I want the face paint and all! That is one awesome Punisher!

Hasbro: We like that one too - it's not in the lineup for 2009 but it's a definite possibility down the road.

Cool Toy Review: Will we see the Marvel Legends Nemesis wave distributed in the US? So far all I've seen is Canadian distribution.

Hasbro: These will be coming to the states and they will in fact be a Wal-Mart exclusive when they are released. Essentially, it comes down to WM determining the right time for them to merchandise this wave.

Cool Toy Review: Any chance we'll see the following in the Marvel Legends line? Mephisto, Thanos, the Beyonder, Drex the Destroyer (with Pip the Troll), Hate Monger, Ulik the Troll, the Slug, Smythe, Silvermane, the Grandmaster, Stryfe?

Hasbro: Awesome list of characters, and all of these would fill some important holes. We can tell you that Hate Monger will probably not make the cut anytime soon.
One-18th.Com:

1. Has there been any thought to packaging alternate heads (unmasked) or hands (like say a fisted hand with a character named Iron Fist) with the Marvel Universe figs?

No plans for additional pieces in these packs.but, be on the lookout for an Iron Fist variant sometime soon.

2. Are there any plans for a general release of the figures in the United Kingdom? The Wolverine: Origins and Wolverine Animated figures are already showing up on the shelves. The Marvel Universe range would complement these, especially as several monthly Marvel titles are on the newsagents shelves.

Yes, Universe should be hitting in the UK by late summer. The stronger the demand for the figures, the more of them you'll see!

3. How is it decided who gets made when? just as an example, why was human torch the first of the fantastic four made?

Usually, our team will sit down together and vigorously debate the wave lineups. This is actually one of our favorite things to do. It comes down to striking a nice balance between heavy hitting "A" characters & the fan favorites while mixing in some "what the...!"

4. Why is there such a huge difference in Hip articulation between Wolverine Origins and MU, it would seem more cost effective to have both lines more compatable. It looks like the Wolverine Origins line has Marvel Legends' style hips, while Marvel Universe has the G.I. Joe 25A style hip.

For these lines there are two design teams that work closely together. The intent is for both of these lines to mesh nicely together and complement one another. However, each team has made some individual choices when it comes articulation, etc.

5. Our entry for the "Oh God, I want these made" figures... New Warriors, the eXiles and ROM: Spaceknight. Any chance any of these will see the light of day?

These are definitely within the realm of possibility along with Rick Jones, Batroc the Leaper, Shatterstar and the Rocket Racer. Nothing is off the table when it comes to our character selection discussions!
Toymania.Com:

1. Age Of Apocalypse Sunfire has been turning up at close-out stores (Marshall's/Tuesday Morning) lately. Is the figure considered more of a success or a failure? What does it mean for future website exclusives?

Answer: We do consider this item a success as it was a great opportunity to work with ToyFare Magazine and our fan community. However, since it was the fans top choice, we had hope that it would have sold through faster. Ultimately, the level of support we receive from the collector community on these exclusives helps determine the potential for similar offerings in the future.

2. Given the renewed visibility in the Marvel Universe of cosmic characters for the War of Kings storyline, are there any plans for figures of cosmic characters such as Darkhawk, the Guardians of the Galaxy (Like Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and Bug), the Starjammers, the Inhumans, or the Shi'Ar Imperial Guard? Page 54 of Toyfare #138 indicated Darkhawk was a contender for potential Marvel Legends multipacks, but any of these characters would be great in Marvel Legends or Marvel Universe.

Answer: These teams and characters come up regularly in our character debates, especially Darkhawk and RR. As we get deeper into the Marvel Universe, you can bet that these are on the list for consideration.

3. Any plans for a Marvel Universe carrying case?

Answer: Not for 2009.

4. With the release of army builder figures in the Marvel Universe line, would it be a possibility to offer multiple packs on Hasbrotoyshop.com? I believe it's been done for Star Wars (Clone Troopers?) and maybe G.I.Joe in the past.

Answer: It's a future possibility, but our army builder multi packs will be featured exclusively at Toys R' Us in 2009.

5. Can you make sure that future MU figures of characters that are physical fighters (ie martial artists) have 2 fists instead of one or none?

Answer: We promise at least one. While we're on the subject, you can also be on the lookout for a "new and improved" Iron Fist sometime soon!
Marvel Hub:

MarvelHub.com - Does Hasbro talk with Marvel about upcoming story-lines before making a decision on what characters to release?

Hasbro - Yes, the Marvel Publishing team is great to work with and we get together with them as often as we can to share plans and ideas.

MarvelHub.com - Are there any new updates on the Superhero Squad Nighthawk and Gargoyle figures shown at SDCC 2008.

Hasbro - These figures are still in the pipeline but we do not have a definitive release date.

MarvelHub.com - As the economy begins to stabilize can you see the prices of the Marvel Universe figures going down? Currently they are priced above other similar sized figures.

Hasbro - Retail prices for MU and all of our product lines are determined by
individual retailers

MarvelHub.com - Will some of the comic based characters from the X-Men Origins: Wolverine waves be re-released in the Marvel Universe series?

Hasbro - There are no plans for rereleasing these figures in MU packaging, but you will see an increasing number of X-men finding their way into the Marvel Universe line.

MarvelHub.com - Do you guys think of new ways to get new readers into comics? I would love to see a program where you can exchange UPC's for small 3 -6 month comic subscriptions.

Hasbro - We definitely think that comics drive interest in the toys and vice versa. That's one reason that we're introducing Marvel Universe Comic 2 packs in Fall 09. Be on the lookout for issues of classic Secret Wars in toy aisles near you starting in August!

TheRealDubya
05-02-2009, 11:16 AM
One of those questions from ToyArk made me think of something I'd love to see come out of this line: the return of Crystar, the Crystal Warrior! This one actually is completely owned by Marvel if I'm not mistaken (having been licensed by them to Remco for the original line) and even had ties to the Marvel Universe proper.
I'd kill for new versions of the original characters (including those from the comics who never made it out in plastic form):

Crystar
Warbow (in the right scale this time - he should have been taller than Crystar, but his figure ended up pretty shrimpy)
Ogeode
Feldspar
Zardeth
Ambara
Moltar
Lavour
generic Lava Man
Koth
Stalax
Ika (yummy, yummy, Ika...)

Also, I'd like to point out that Marvel also owns Commander Rann, Marionette, and Bug (if not the Micronauts concept themselves) part and parcel. I would love to have those as well.
I'd also like to mention once more that Hasbro, it seems, also now owns another Marvel comic/toy crossover character that might fit in quite nicely with this license and would seem to be much appreciated by fans - Rom, the Spaceknight.

I'm in for that Roojay. Loved that line as a pup.

JediTricks
05-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Picked up MU Green Goblin. Pretty decent, the hip articulation isn't good enough for some fairly necessary glider poses though. The eyes are a little cartoony, but overall it's a good set. I just don't know where to put it.

Here's some loose pics of Cyclops and Iceman from XMO: Wolverine Wave 3.

No ankle articulation on Cyke. No wrist articulation on Iceman.Thanks for the shots. I am definitely getting that Iceman, way more what I'm looking for than other iterations.

figrin bran
05-03-2009, 12:39 AM
I found and bought XMO Iceman today. I haven't opened it up yet but it sounds as if I made a great purchase?

Beast
05-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Looks like in addition to the running change on Spider-Man from Wave 1, there's a running change on the Human Torch from Wave 1. We saw the Dark Blue/White costume version of Human Torch at NYCC. But hadn't heard when or how he was going to be released. I like it, just wish he had a new head to go along with the new paintjob. Hopefully we'll get a Dark Blue/White Speedo Thing in the Secret Wars packs.

Maradona
05-04-2009, 11:01 PM
This is has probably been posted (after a 12 hour day, I'm too lazy to check), but TRU has their exclusive Wolverine/Sabertooth 2-pack for $12.99.

RooJay
05-05-2009, 01:43 AM
Marvel doesn't own the Micronauts. Just the original characters they created, which includes Bug. Bug is really the only one who continues to appear in the Marvel Universe... right now a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. Who I'm all in favor of seeing made, especially Rocket Raccoon.

Yes, I know. They also include Commander Rann and Marionette, who have also made several key appearances in the Marvel U since the Micronauts license lapsed.

...and hey! They admit that Rom is a possibility for this line! YAY!!!

TheGreyGhost
05-05-2009, 01:38 PM
You know, I really hope they make a Spider-Man with his classic paint job based on the sculpt used for the black costume.

The black costume sculpt is perfect as far as I can tell, the classic sculpt is just too dang small.

JediTricks
05-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Picked up classic Iron Man at Target yesterday. The coloring for the gold elements isn't consistent and a little too garish, a touch of green that I don't like. The sculpt is fair, but doesn't floor me the way the first IM does. I don't get the pose of the hand, I would have preferred a blast pose to palm-down. It's decent though, and well scaled to the other IM fig.

I saw a few of the black Spideys, but I've been on the fence, I've tried not to buy more black Spidey figs since the last movie.

NerfTW
05-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Looks like in addition to the running change on Spider-Man from Wave 1, there's a running change on the Human Torch from Wave 1. We saw the Dark Blue/White costume version of Human Torch at NYCC. But hadn't heard when or how he was going to be released. I like it, just wish he had a new head to go along with the new paintjob. Hopefully we'll get a Dark Blue/White Speedo Thing in the Secret Wars packs.

Ooh, hopefully this means other paint changes, like maybe Modern Punisher with the Classic paint scheme.

figrin bran
05-06-2009, 01:34 AM
Picked up classic Iron Man at Target yesterday. The coloring for the gold elements isn't consistent and a little too garish, a touch of green that I don't like. The sculpt is fair, but doesn't floor me the way the first IM does. I don't get the pose of the hand, I would have preferred a blast pose to palm-down. It's decent though, and well scaled to the other IM fig.

I saw a few of the black Spideys, but I've been on the fence, I've tried not to buy more black Spidey figs since the last movie.

The one thing I didn't really like about the Spidey is that they got too cute with the blue shadowing blotches. I could understand them doing it if it were a comic pack figure but would've definitely preferred that he were pure black.

RooJay
05-06-2009, 02:27 AM
You know, I really hope they make a Spider-Man with his classic paint job based on the sculpt used for the black costume.

The black costume sculpt is perfect as far as I can tell, the classic sculpt is just too dang small.

I understand that a lot of folks seem to have a preference for sculpted weblines on their Spidey figures, but that never seemed right to me. I'm of the mind that the fine details of his costume should be painted on. I feel Spider-Man figures always look best that way. It even seems more realistic to me - there's no way that costume should have recessed weblines like that. It really never looks good at all to me so I'm all for a new version using the black costume body.

JediTricks
05-06-2009, 01:20 PM
The one thing I didn't really like about the Spidey is that they got too cute with the blue shadowing blotches. I could understand them doing it if it were a comic pack figure but would've definitely preferred that he were pure black.I agree, that's what turned me off with that figure first thing. But it fits the line, regular Spidey has 'em too, which I don't like.

bigbarada
05-08-2009, 12:21 AM
I just bought my first figure from this line, The Thing, and I must say he's an awesome figure! :thumbsup:

Although, the one I got seems to have a gimpy left leg. It's like his knee joint isn't pushed all the way into the top half of his leg, so it creates a gap in his knee that makes him stand lopsided. Does anyone else's figure have this problem?

figrin bran
05-08-2009, 12:25 AM
I just bought my first figure from this line, The Thing, and I must say he's an awesome figure! :thumbsup:

Although, the one I got seems to have a gimpy left leg. It's like his knee joint isn't pushed all the way into the top half of his leg, so it creates a gap in his knee that makes him stand lopsided. Does anyone else's figure have this problem?

Actually both of the legs on my Thing figure are like that. I doubt that you're the only one. Probably just a design flaw.

bigbarada
05-08-2009, 12:40 AM
Actually both of the legs on my Thing figure are like that. I doubt that you're the only one. Probably just a design flaw.

Alrighty, it's a pretty minor flaw but it's the only Thing figure I've seen so far so I just had to buy him. I'll keep my eyes peeled for another one who might have better constructed knees.

I'm not really planning to collect this line extensively, I just want to buy a few key characters from my top ten list. So I don't mind buying another Thing figure if I find a better one.

figrin bran
05-08-2009, 12:59 AM
BigB, I meant to say that I think it's a flaw inherent in the mold itself and not just your particular figure.

Some of the X-Men Origins figures might be worth looking into as well.

bigbarada
05-08-2009, 01:26 AM
BigB, I meant to say that I think it's a flaw inherent in the mold itself and not just your particular figure.

Some of the X-Men Origins figures might be worth looking into as well.

Oh, I got it. Although I'm sure this won't be the last Thing figure we get. There are still lots of variations on his outfit, so hopefully one of those will correct the problem.

I am looking forward to that Iceman figure from the Wolverine line. Maybe the Cyclops, but I would prefer one of his classic (pre-Jim Lee) outfits. However, I'm a little sick of Wolverine right now. I'm just not too happy with how the rest of the X-Men have been relegated to sidekick status.

NerfTW
05-08-2009, 07:49 AM
The Secret Wars Cyclops/Hulk comic pack should be in his classic outfit. The one he wore from his first costume change until X-factor.

bigbarada
05-08-2009, 01:22 PM
The Secret Wars Cyclops/Hulk comic pack should be in his classic outfit. The one he wore from his first costume change until X-factor.

That would be cool. Probably my favorite of Cyclops' uniform designs.

Beast
05-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Well... I caved. The sale at Toys R Us was too good to pass up.
Even with the inaccurate claws and ugly leg balls, I'm pretty happy with the figures.

Picked up Strike Force Wolverine, Weapon X, Wolverine (Brown/Tan), and Wolverine (Tiger Stripe). They'll do until I can get some of these costumes in the MU line. The Strike Force one is a really nice figure.

Also found Cyclops, Iceman, and Unmasked Wolverine at Wal-Mart today.
Wish I would have had my Toys R Us ad with me though. But oh well.

Really like Cyclops and Iceman. Though Iceman seems a bit short. Still great figures.
Shockingly, the Unmasked Wolverine is better than the regular Tiger Stripe version.
The colors are much more vibrant. And the headsculpt is nicer than the crappy masked ones in the line.

I still prefer the MU sculpt for Wolverine. Even if he's a bit too tall. Looks way better.

Duffman
05-09-2009, 03:54 PM
HASBROTOYSHOP.COM has Wave 4 figures for sale now. Already sold out of Red Hulk though. Sorry wrong wave in title.

NerfTW
05-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Technically for pre-order, not sale.

At this rate, wave 5 is going to hit two weeks before it's "reveal" at Comic Con.

Beast
05-09-2009, 05:16 PM
HASBROTOYSHOP.COM has Wave 4 figures for sale now. Already sold out of Red Hulk though. Sorry wrong wave in title.
Wow. Those went fast.

Just went to look... not only is Red Hulk sold out, but so are Union Jack and Moon Knight.

Beast
05-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Technically for pre-order, not sale.

At this rate, wave 5 is going to hit two weeks before it's "reveal" at Comic Con.
Yeah, I sent Hasbro a question asking about that.

With only 5 waves planned for this year, what about the rest of the year.

bigbarada
05-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I sent Hasbro a question asking about that.

With only 5 waves planned for this year, what about the rest of the year.

I for one wouldn't mind them slowing down the pace a little bit and put out the existing figures in greater numbers. I just found my first green Hulk figure tonight and am still on the lookout for the grey Hulk.

NerfTW
05-10-2009, 07:48 AM
I don't think they planned this. Clearly, the line just sold way better than they expected.

As for Hulk, he's in the Wave 3 case, so what you saw was probably just a case of wave 3. (No, wait, that was wave 4, ignore me, I'm stupid)From the sound of it, wave 2 shipped very sporadically, but all the out of stock places are now getting wave 3. So hopefully they have ramped up production for future waves.

The good news is Green Goblin is in the Wave 4 case, along with Ronin, and Hasbro mentioned an Iron Fist varient coming along, so wave 2 will see redistribution over time.

Beast
05-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Interesting. Toy Ark has a picture of an upcoming vehicle for the X-Men Origins: Wolverine line. The Wolverine X-Chariot that comes with a pack-in repaint of Wolverine in one of his AXM costumes. The vehicle is a retool of the G.I. Joe vs. Cobra Sand Razor. Cheesy, but it's another Wolvie costume variant.

NerfTW
05-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Hmm, why didn't they use the Stinger or the Vamp? They more closely resemble Wolverine's actual jeep. Bummer. I'd probably pick this up on sale like I just did with the Wolvie/Sabertooth set.

El Chuxter
05-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Too iconic, maybe? The GIJoe vs Cobra line wasn't especially popular, so maybe they're counting on not too many people recognizing it as a retread?

Just a guess.

Beast
05-11-2009, 10:20 AM
HasbroToyShop has the Deluxe Sets up for Pre-Order now.
Looks like the MSRP is $12.99, rather than $10.99 that was shown on TRU computers.
It appears they're not shipping til August, which is rather odd. Hope we get a second wave.

Blob and Sabretooth (Deluxe) (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=902&SBR=735&ID=24084)

Deadpool with Missle Cannon (Deluxe) (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=902&SBR=735&ID=24085)

Logan with Motorcycle (Deluxe) (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=902&SBR=735&ID=24082)

Weapon X with Stasis Chamber (Deluxe) (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=902&SBR=735&ID=24083)

NerfTW
05-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Apparently someone else noticed the striking similarity between Ms. Marvel and Phoenix.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs/40767-3-75-phoenix-x-men.html

Beast
05-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Apparently someone else noticed the striking similarity between Ms. Marvel and Phoenix.

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-customs/40767-3-75-phoenix-x-men.html
Yeah, she'll make a great base body to do Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, and White Phoenix from.

bigbarada
05-13-2009, 08:00 PM
I finally found a Captain America figure last night, but he didn't have the little wings on his head. So I didn't buy him. Is there another version coming out later that depicts his more traditional uniform?

Beast
05-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I finally found a Captain America figure last night, but he didn't have the little wings on his head. So I didn't buy him. Is there another version coming out later that depicts his more traditional uniform?
That's Ultimate Captain America. No wings. Also the lace-up boots and ammo pouces.

There's a classic 616 Cap in the Secret Wars Comic 2-Packs, packed with Klaw.

And there's also a Classic 616 Cap in the SDCC Invaders 4-Pack.

figrin bran
05-13-2009, 11:53 PM

He's still worth getting unless you're trying to just get one version of each character.

Personally I think Ultimate Cap is the best in the line thus far.

Phantom-like Menace
05-14-2009, 02:57 AM
I'd love to get a Blob figure, but that Blob is just ridiculous. His limited articulation is just horrid and inexcusable.

Beast
05-14-2009, 07:07 AM
I'd love to get a Blob figure, but that Blob is just ridiculous. His limited articulation is just horrid and inexcusable.
There's always a chance we'll get another one.

It reminds me of Ch'od from the old 5" X-Men line. He had that throwing action also.

JediTricks
05-14-2009, 06:07 PM
You guys see the Iron Man cartoon figures? I dunno if they're 3.75" or not, but I can't find the other marvel thread so I figured I'd mention here. They are super fugly IMO: http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3026

Beast
05-14-2009, 06:21 PM
You guys see the Iron Man cartoon figures? I dunno if they're 3.75" or not, but I can't find the other marvel thread so I figured I'd mention here. They are super fugly IMO: http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3026
Yeah, they're based on the fugly cartoon. Gonna pass on them myself.

I'll wait for comic accurate versions of the characters in the MU line.

JediTricks
05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
I didn't realize the cartoon was that ugly. I hadn't been paying attention to it, they unveiled a little at Comic-Con last year but I didn't go to the panel.

Comic IM figs are too big in the MU line I think. The first one looks like it's been bulked up, so that's an ok excuse, but the Classic one has thinner shoes and is a hair taller still. Soon they're gonna be 5" scale. ;)

NerfTW
05-14-2009, 07:57 PM
In that case, we should just reuse the old Toy-biz Iron Man cartoon figures. :thumbsup:

Actually, to respond to the earlier post about Blob, that old X-force Blob might be the right scale for this line too. A bit cartoony, but still nicer than this one.

My poor wallet. I'm already starting to scour E-bay and my parent's garage for G.I. Joe parts to use with these guys.

El Chuxter
05-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Please do not dredge up memories of the 1990s Iron Man cartoon again. I'm pretty sure causing that level of pain and suffering constitutes a personal attack on everyone who was unlucky enough to have ever seen that. :)

NerfTW
05-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Who, mullet Stark? :D

El Chuxter
05-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Gah! That does it! You're banned! Banned, I say!! :p

NerfTW
05-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Noooooooooooooo!

I REPENT!*looks for praying smiley*

Beast
05-14-2009, 10:46 PM
I never felt the cartoon was that bad.

Sure X-Men and Spider-Man were way better. But then Iron Man is eh anyway.

El Chuxter
05-14-2009, 10:57 PM
I'll agree with you on X-Men. But Spider-Man was pretty pee-poor, too.

As I've said before, it wasn't a good thing that every episode was: "Today, Spider-Man fights Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kingpin, Alistair Smythe, Morbius, Dormammu, Venom, Carnage, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Good thing he has a little help from Captain America, Daredevil, Punisher, the X-Men, Blade, Ghost Rider, Iron Man, and the neighbor's puppy. Part 7 of 32."

Beast
05-14-2009, 11:05 PM
It's shame that Hasbro didn't wait a little bit longer to do the Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends 3-Pack. As you well know, they wanted to include but couldn't for rights issues... Ms. Lion. Well, guess who makes her (actually she's a boy dog) debut in Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers. Yep, Ms. Lion. :D

plasticfetish
05-15-2009, 12:35 AM

Those are from that tweenager Iron Man show I assume? God... what a mess.

And speaking of "I can't find the other Marvel thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20988&highlight=excelsior)," should we just assume that the Marvel Legends line is dead at this point?

bigbarada
05-15-2009, 01:03 AM
He's still worth getting unless you're trying to just get one version of each character.

Personally I think Ultimate Cap is the best in the line thus far.

Well, the two I saw had really sloppy paint applications on the face. So, the figure was 1. a version of the character I'm not familiar with, and 2. suffering from poor paint apps. That's two strikes against them, so I passed.

If the figures had had perfect paint apps, then I might have been willing to overlook the changes to the outfit.

RooJay
05-15-2009, 02:04 AM

And speaking of "I can't find the other Marvel thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20988&highlight=excelsior)," should we just assume that the Marvel Legends line is dead at this point?

I've personally assumed Marvel Legends was dead since this line was first hinted at.

It's shame that Hasbro didn't wait a little bit longer to do the Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends 3-Pack. As you well know, they wanted to include but couldn't for rights issues... Ms. Lion. Well, guess who makes her (actually she's a boy dog) debut in Lockjaw and the Pet Avengers. Yep, Ms. Lion. :D

There is always the chance that we'll get Ms. Lion as an accessory to the eventual Aunt May figure!

Phantom-like Menace
05-15-2009, 03:30 AM

Actually I'd like this to be the one site that isn't alarmist and filling every Marvel figure thread with absolute certainty that the sky is falling. If the sky is falling, we're certainly not delivering breaking news, and no one is going to fault us for not reporting what others have taken to be self evident, and if the sky isn't falling, then we're the only ones who kept our heads.

Otherwise, we only have to wait another two months till SDCC to hear Hasbro's plans for the line starting in 2010, and we've got nothing to lose to wait until then and actually have information replace speculation.

Beast
05-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Agreed. Jesse Falcon and Hasbro have both said that there will be an announcement at SDCC. That they won't reveal information about ML before hand. I think everyone just needs to have a cool head and wait for SDCC to get the news. That's why unlike every other site, I don't bother sending ML questions in to Hasbro and hounding them. Besides, with Marvel Universe, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Wolverine and the X-Men, among other lines... there's more than enough things to ask and talk about. :)

El Chuxter
05-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Classic Jubilee is about the only Marvel Legend I'd buy at this point, and only if she's on par with the best ToyBiz offered. I've passed on too many.

Beast
05-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Classic Jubilee is about the only Marvel Legend I'd buy at this point, and only if she's on par with the best ToyBiz offered. I've passed on too many.
Honestly, outside of Emma's face... Hasbro's ML females are way better.

So if they did a ML Jubilee anywhere as nice as ML Marvel Girl, that would be great.

But I'm hoping we get a MU Jubilee soon. Especially with Wolverine being hot.

Rocketboy
05-15-2009, 12:13 PM
I still wish they'd re-release the Nemesis wave.
I want that Punisher!

DarkArtist
05-15-2009, 01:40 PM
I still wish they'd re-release the Nemesis wave.
I want that Punisher!

which punisher are you refering to? do you have a pic. is it the first version with the large head or the new redone modern version shipping with the Black Costume Spiderman ?

was able to get a Classic Iron Man last night and I have to say the figure is huge, towers over the Wolverine Weapon X figure.

NerfTW
05-15-2009, 09:38 PM
He means the Marvel Legends Punisher, not Marvel Universe.

Specifically this wave:

Rocketboy
05-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Yeah, the ML one that looks like the MAX Punisher (not that dumb camo version).

RooJay
05-16-2009, 02:26 AM
I don't wish to pronounce Marvel legends dead out of some sense that that's a bad thing. I'm of the mind that's it's a good thing - no sky falling where I'm concerned. I understand that some folks have a certain affinity for that line, but I'm pretty sure the only announcement we'll be getting at SDCC is that the future of that line will amount to the odd store exclusive here and there, followed by a not entirely slow fade into oblivion. The goldfish is already in the toilet bowl - all that's left now is the flush.

Marvel Universe is where it's at now, and I am plenty satisfied with that.

DarthBrandon
05-16-2009, 07:26 AM
I don't wish to pronounce Marvel legends dead out of some sense that that's a bad thing. I'm of the mind that's it's a good thing - no sky falling where I'm concerned. I understand that some folks have a certain affinity for that line, but I'm pretty sure the only announcement we'll be getting at SDCC is that the future of that line will amount to the odd store exclusive here and there, followed by a not entirely slow fade into oblivion. The goldfish is already in the toilet bowl - all that's left now is the flush.

Marvel Universe is where it's at now, and I am plenty satisfied with that.

That's why I collect DC Universe Classics now. I knew Hasbro was going to run the line into the ground because their bread & butter is 3 3/4 inch action figures. There is only a few figures from Marvel Legends that I wish they made like Jean Grey (Lee), Rogue (Lee) & Jubilee. Other than that, I'm not going to buy them all again in 3 3/4 inch size cause Hasbro decided to screw the core collectors over. I've moved on to Mattel's DCUC & have been saving money since.

BTW Beast:
I really think Toybiz made better looking female characters than Hasbro. I have not gotten any of them since Hasbro took over.

Rocketboy
05-16-2009, 08:00 AM
T There is only a few figures from Marvel Legends that I wish they made like Jean Grey (Lee), Rogue (Lee) & Jubilee.They made a 90's era Rogue in an X-Men box set about 5 years ago.
Amazon link (http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Action-Figure/dp/B000096QL1) (figures are unavailable, but you can see the image)

NerfTW
05-16-2009, 08:31 AM
That's why I collect DC Universe Classics now. I knew Hasbro was going to run the line into the ground because their bread & butter is 3 3/4 inch action figures. There is only a few figures from Marvel Legends that I wish they made like Jean Grey (Lee), Rogue (Lee) & Jubilee. Other than that, I'm not going to buy them all again in 3 3/4 inch size cause Hasbro decided to screw the core collectors over. I've moved on to Mattel's DCUC & have been saving money since.

BTW Beast:
I really think Toybiz made better looking female characters than Hasbro. I have not gotten any of them since Hasbro took over.

They didn't "screw you over". They found the line unprofitable and switched gears. Them producing any figure is not a contract to continue the line forever. You should never buy a figure assuming that all other characters are ever coming out.

It's a little annoying to see this "You owe us" attitude all over the place. Not to mention there are close to ML scale Jean Greys you can buy, or even get a custom if it's that important.

Phantom-like Menace
05-16-2009, 11:02 AM
So get mad at me if you like, but the lack of this sort of completely unproductive "Hasbro sucks," "ML is dead" uninformed bull**** is why I come to the Marvel threads on this board. If I have to deal with it here, there's no point in not wading waste deep into it on sites where the threads are a little more active.

bigbarada
05-16-2009, 11:10 AM
They didn't "screw you over". They found the line unprofitable and switched gears. Them producing any figure is not a contract to continue the line forever. You should never buy a figure assuming that all other characters are ever coming out.

It's a little annoying to see this "You owe us" attitude all over the place. Not to mention there are close to ML scale Jean Greys you can buy, or even get a custom if it's that important.

I don't think the Marvel Legends line was going to last much longer anyway with the new prices. How much were those new Legends 2-packs? $24?

JediTricks
05-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Spotted MU Cap. I passed because the white and red paint looks somewhat cheap, and overall there was plenty of slop. I prefer the non-Ultimate version anway.

And speaking of "I can't find the other Marvel thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20988&highlight=excelsior)," should we just assume that the Marvel Legends line is dead at this point?Yeah, though the design doesn't say tweener to me, it's simpler and safer, like 9-year-old range.

Might as well call it a day on ML. It had a fair run, but Hasbro killed it quickly.

which punisher are you refering to? do you have a pic. is it the first version with the large head or the new redone modern version shipping with the Black Costume Spiderman ?They both have big heads, the new head is pretty massive.

was able to get a Classic Iron Man last night and I have to say the figure is huge, towers over the Wolverine Weapon X figure.Well, it's not totally unreasonable to tower over Wolvie, he's a short guy, but this figure towers over EVERYBODY.

It's a little annoying to see this "You owe us" attitude all over the place. I'm not a huge ML fan, but Hasbro got the line and immediately changed its direction, then was all "wow, why don't you guys love us anymore?" as if it wasn't a massive failure in materials and deco that was totally Hasbro's fault. They did what they do far too often in the industry, they bought another brand and tried to run it with their own business model that doesn't work for anything other than core 3.75" lines.

It's like Donald Trump buying the New York subway system, charging more to use it, running it less often and with dirtier cars, then shutting it down a few months later when he doesn't meet a high profit margin. Is it really the riders' fault?

I'm not saying they have "ruined the brand forever and ever", but they have squandered the ML line, there should be no denying it, just accept it, learn the lesson, and move on.

DarthBrandon
05-17-2009, 05:50 PM

NO they don't owe me anything, but they did purposely run the popular 6" line into the ground. :yes:(It was popular until they got a hold of it & profitable) Be annoyed if you like, I could care less, it's my opinion they took over Marvel Legends with the intent to sabatoge it in order to create a 3 3/4 inch replacement line.:shocked: (which is their bread & butter & the only thing they know.) I've moved on to DC Universe & I'm quite happy so I'm not losing any sleep or money. Hasbro on the other hand is losing money from me on their Marvel, GIJoe, Star Wars & Indy Lines. (1st & last ones, they ran into the ground themselves with shoddy paint washes, horrible decisions & bad distribution):thumbsup:
If you add all this up, they are out around 5 grand from me alone, then times that by all the other collectors etc that moved on & you get a much bigger picture. So far to date Mattel has made every DC Universe Character I ever wanted & I'm quite happy, I can't say the same about Hasbro in any line they produced.:o:rolleyes:

Might as well call it a day on ML. It had a fair run, but Hasbro killed it quickly.

I'm not a huge ML fan, but Hasbro got the line and immediately changed its direction, then was all "wow, why don't you guys love us anymore?" as if it wasn't a massive failure in materials and deco that was totally Hasbro's fault. They did what they do far too often in the industry, they bought another brand and tried to run it with their own business model that doesn't work for anything other than core 3.75" lines.

It's like Donald Trump buying the New York subway system, charging more to use it, running it less often and with dirtier cars, then shutting it down a few months later when he doesn't meet a high profit margin. Is it really the riders' fault?

I'm not saying they have "ruined the brand forever and ever", but they have squandered the ML line, there should be no denying it, just accept it, learn the lesson, and move on.

Nicely said.:thumbsup:

NerfTW
05-17-2009, 07:43 PM
NO they don't owe me anything, but they did purposely run the popular 6" line into the ground. :yes:(It was popular until they got a hold of it & profitable) Be annoyed if you like, I could care less, it's my opinion they took over Marvel Legends with the intent to sabatoge it in order to create a 3 3/4 inch replacement line.:shocked:

See, this is what I have a problem with. If Hasbro wanted to do a 3 3/4 inch line, they didn't have to "sabotage" the Marvel Legends line first. They could have just gotten the license and gone straight to 3 3/4 inch scale. You're throwing about ridiculous conspiracy theories, when the logical explanation is just that they suck at making six inch figures, and bit off more than they could chew. Businesses can make mistakes at times, and god knows, Hasbro tends to make them. But don't attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by ignorance.

Phantom-like Menace
05-17-2009, 08:17 PM
I agree.

It's Hanlon's razor:

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Beast
05-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Well, looks like the Marvel Universe Wave 5 listing on Hasbro.Com was correct.

Electro (Not Pictured)
Guardian
Namor the Sub-Mariner (Black Costume)
Iron Man (Silver Centurion)
Spider-Man (Metallic)

Looks like a great wave. Loving Guardiana and Namor.

Yes, the Silver Centurion Iron Man is a kitbashed repaint that's not 100% correct.
But it's not bad for what it is. I actually like it. Fills out the armory.
Plus it actually matches the Marvel Adventures version of Silver Centurion. See below.

As for Spider-Man... hmm. It looks like it might be a larger body than Wave 1 Spidey. Hard to tell. Plus he's pearlescant, which is pretty darn cool. And he's got the larger eyes that people wanted.

Phantom-like Menace
05-18-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm only interested in Guardian. If the Iron Man weren't just a recolored modern Iron Man, I'd fall all over myself to pick it up. I'm getting sick enough of the 6" Iron Man repaints, but I plan to use those in the background of more diverse armors. We don't have those diverse armors for them to hide behind in 3 3/4" yet.

JediTricks
05-18-2009, 05:59 PM
See, this is what I have a problem with. If Hasbro wanted to do a 3 3/4 inch line, they didn't have to "sabotage" the Marvel Legends line first. They could have just gotten the license and gone straight to 3 3/4 inch scale. You're throwing about ridiculous conspiracy theories, when the logical explanation is just that they suck at making six inch figures, and bit off more than they could chew. Businesses can make mistakes at times, and god knows, Hasbro tends to make them. But don't attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by ignorance.
Agreed. I think all of our common ground here is that Hasbro messed up the ML line, the motive is immaterial. Having watched Hasbro management, I honestly don't think they're competent enough to be so Machiavellian - it's not outside the realm of possibility, just highly improbably when their own rank incompetence is such a likelier scenario.

And besides, discovering the true motive behind what happened won't change it, proving Hasbro intentionally sabotaged the line won't force the 6" license back into Toy Biz's hands; and proving to them that their mistakes caused this won't convince them to try again in a weak market.

How is Silver Centurion Iron Man a kitbash? Looks like a straight repaint to me.

The rest of wave 5 is eh, I can see fans kinda digging it but the mix is a little weak IMO.

DarthBrandon
05-18-2009, 06:27 PM

You my friend are entitled to your own opinion as am I, but to accuse me of being a conspiracy theorist is a little bit of a stretch don't you think? That's like saying Oswald killed JFK with a magic bullet, now that would be a ridiculous conspiracy theory.:D My take is Hasbro knew darn well what they were doing. You don't think they were just going to take over Marvel Legends & say hey were going from 6 inch to 3 3/4 inch. It would have pi$$@d off quite a few of the loyal collectors, who have been with the line since day one. (It had to be gradual) Listen, I'm not mad, I'm quite happy to buy DC Universe Classics & make custom figures of the Marvel Legends Hasbro could not continue with. So with that said, I did see some new 3 3/4 inch figures today, but I passed on Cap & a few others due to lack of height & good paint apps.:D:whip:lol

NerfTW
05-18-2009, 07:08 PM
It is a conspiracy theory. Because "****ing off" collectors doesn't matter. What do you think a business is going to approve?

"Okay, we're going to spend thousands of dollars on new tooling for each figure, and over a period of 30 or so figures, make sure we lose **** tons of money, so we can drive down our stock, **** off the shareholders, and finally use that as an excuse to start up a new line that we already have the factories in place to make!"

or

"Hey, we got the license for Marvel, let's switch to something we know how to do instead of possibly loosing hundreds of thousands of dollars on a line we know we can't do well."

Seriously, think about it. This isn't magical la la land where businesses don't need to turn a profit. If they intentionally cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars, the shareholders would be a bit ****ed.

El Chuxter
05-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Just to play devil's advocate, this way they can say they tried and failed. If they got the license and immediately axed the Legends line and went to 3.75" figures, ML collectors would be ticked.

DarthBrandon
05-18-2009, 08:21 PM
It is a conspiracy theory. Because "****ing off" collectors doesn't matter. What do you think a business is going to approve?

"Okay, we're going to spend thousands of dollars on new tooling for each figure, and over a period of 30 or so figures, make sure we lose **** tons of money, so we can drive down our stock, **** off the shareholders, and finally use that as an excuse to start up a new line that we already have the factories in place to make!"

or

"Hey, we got the license for Marvel, let's switch to something we know how to do instead of possibly loosing hundreds of thousands of dollars on a line we know we can't do well."

Seriously, think about it. This isn't magical la la land where businesses don't need to turn a profit. If they intentionally cost the company hundreds of thousands of dollars, the shareholders would be a bit ****ed.

Dude, you really need to take a chill pill.:D

Old Fossil
05-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Finally found Green Goblin today, so adding that to Hulk, Captain America, and Spider-Man, I'm done with this line.

Beast
05-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Just to play devil's advocate, this way they can say they tried and failed. If they got the license and immediately axed the Legends line and went to 3.75" figures, ML collectors would be ticked.
They were ticked from the start. And have never stopped being ticked.

Honestly, outside of a few bad figures in Wave 1... I was pretty happy with HML.

They made great figures like AXM Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Guardian, Spiral, etc.

Now let's drop this topic. This is about the Marvel Universe thread.

NerfTW
05-18-2009, 08:55 PM
And those asterisks were all the same word that I didn't even think was blocked in this forum. :p

bigbarada
05-18-2009, 09:54 PM

Electro (Not Pictured)
Guardian
Spider-Man (Metallic)

Yes, the Silver Centurion Iron Man is a kitbashed repaint that's not 100% correct.
Plus it actually matches the Marvel Adventures version of Silver Centurion. See below.

As for Spider-Man... hmm. It looks like it might be a larger body than Wave 1 Spidey. Hard to tell. Plus he's pearlescant, which is pretty darn cool. And he's got the larger eyes that people wanted.

Huh, another Spider-Man... :upset: It wouldn't really bother me if there weren't already like 3 or 4 dedicated Spider-Man toy lines already on the toy shelves.

RUSHBOY
05-18-2009, 10:17 PM
I went to Target today and found that human Torch variation with the white gloves and dark blue outfit !! It's a very cool looking figure.
Here's a pic !

Beast
05-18-2009, 10:35 PM
I went to Target today and found that human Torch variation with the white gloves and dark blue outfit !! It's a very cool looking figure.
Here's a pic !
Awesome. Gonna have to keep an eye out for him.

ZeoVGM
05-19-2009, 12:42 AM

Electro (Not Pictured)
Guardian
Spider-Man (Metallic)

I suppose this is the "Spider-Man 2" that had popped up in computers a month or so back?

I'll never get some of the whiners on places like MarvelousForums. The Iron Man and Spider-Man repaints sell well. If they didn't they obviously wouldn't continue to them. They help support the rest of the line, so that we DO get characters like Guardian.

This is a fine wave. And I'm okay with the repaint of Iron Man, since it is actually from a comic book (unlike the previous stealth version they did). Two repaints, alongside three new characters.

I'm just curious as to what the deal with this Spidey is. I figured they would rerelease him using the superior Black Costume body, but this doens't look to be it.

Phantom-like Menace
05-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Between waves 4 and 5, I'm only really looking forward to Guardian, though I'll probably get every figure except Red Hulk in wave 4. But I'm kind of bummed that's all we have to look forward to while we wait for SDCC.

I'm really looking forward to the second wave of comic packs, the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends pack and the Ditko Iron Man from Gigantic Battles, but these will all come out too late to help us wait for SDCC. Honestly, though, even if Waves four and five hit today, I probably wouldn't see them until right on top of or just after SDCC.

Do we know if we'll get any more info about Marvel Universe in 2010 at SDCC or just the announcement about the final two Fan's Choice wave figures?

Beast
05-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Yeah, Hasbro plans to reveal a bunch of stuff at SDCC for Marvel Universe.

Including the rest of the Secret Wars Comic Packs and the other 2 Fan's Choice figures.

mabudonicus
05-19-2009, 08:12 AM
This is a fine wave. And I'm okay with the repaint of Iron Man, since it is actually from a comic book (unlike the previous stealth version they did). Two repaints, alongside three new characters.

Was the "stealth" version blue-black kinda? He wore that suit in the comics if that's the case, it had no weapons on it and was in the book for about 5 panels before getting blasted out of the sky (for some reason I think it was by the Living Laser- Tony was using the suit as a back-up as the Golden Avenger armour was impounded after someone took control of it and assassinated some visiting diplomat)

:beard: Iso&Baws

I loves me some Iron Man

NerfTW
05-19-2009, 08:25 AM
I know this Silver Centurion armor is from a Marvel Adventures comic, but I was still hoping for this one:

Beast
05-19-2009, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I would have liked a 616 comic accurate version also.

I'm sure we'll get one, probably next year to coincide with Iron Man II.

Especially if they handle the toy line like they're doing Wolverine.

NerfTW
05-19-2009, 10:01 AM
I hope they do. I can't wait. I foresee Black Widow, Crimson Dynamo, Tony Stark in a suit, Ultimate Nick Fury, War Machine, and maybe Mandarin if he actually makes an appearance in this one.

And of course a wide selection of armors. Maybe they'll do Hulkbuster.

I'm hoping they do the Isaiah Bradley Captain America for the movie. The story is interesting, and that's one more minority character they can make popular. Or even his son, Justice.

ZeoVGM
05-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Yeah, I would have liked a 616 comic accurate version also.

I'm sure we'll get one, probably next year to coincide with Iron Man II.

Especially if they handle the toy line like they're doing Wolverine.

Hopefully not the way they've done the Wolverine line, meaning with ugly as hell ball joints and ridged movement.

If they actually made the XMO line match MU perfectly, we'd have good versions of Gambit and Cyclops, but alas.

Beast
05-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I don't like the articulation choices with XMO:W.

But, I have picked up most of the figures. They'll work until MU does them.

dantes_inferno
05-19-2009, 04:21 PM
i havent seen ANY wave 3 or 4. i want the Thing from 3 and Red Hulk and even though it doesnt look too great, Blade from wave 4. Im kind of annoyed that i cant find them anywhere around here, and they are either sold out or too expensive online

NerfTW
05-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Wave four isn't out yet. It should be hitting shelves this week or next, since the pre-orders are shipping on the first.

dantes_inferno
05-19-2009, 09:46 PM
...oh....guess that kinda explains why i havent seen it huh? :P lol

DarkArtist
05-21-2009, 11:47 AM
has there been anymore news on how Hasbro is going to release Nick Fury ? haven't heard anything yet.

also has anyone else had problems with the FuryFiles codes. i entered all of wave 3 and got information not available at this time or whatever the message is that comes up. kinda of frustrating actually.

NerfTW
05-21-2009, 11:51 AM
The last Q&A session (posted quite a few pages back) stated that the details would be released June 1st. So a week from Monday.

RooJay
05-22-2009, 02:42 AM
also has anyone else had problems with the FuryFiles codes. i entered all of wave 3 and got information not available at this time or whatever the message is that comes up. kinda of frustrating actually.

I had that problem as well. I had thought it was simply that Hasbro hadn't yet updated the site for wave 3, but that was a while ago - they still don't show up?

Beast
05-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Sci-Fi Genre has Wave 4 In-Stock now. $7.95 each.
I've ordered from them quite a bit, so rest assured they're legit.

http://www.scifigenre.com/releasedItemList.aspx?sid=HKVIQRKRJ1XTVWT&nNewCategoryID=1721

Beast
05-22-2009, 12:54 PM
ActionFigs.Com has new carded and loose pics of Secret Wars Wave 1.

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3062

El Chuxter
05-22-2009, 12:57 PM
So, is this going to reprint the entire series? That's a cool idea.

Since Circuit Breaker had an important role in Secret Wars II, maybe that would convince Hasbro to finally make her, if they get that far.

Beast
05-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Yes. There will be a total of 12 Comic 2-Packs. One for each issue.

Wave 2 has:

Black Costume Spider-Man & Magneto, Iron Man & Spider-Woman, Hulk & Cyclops.

I don't think they'll be releasing Circuit Breaker in the line. Their answer in one of the Q&A's regarding characters like that wasn't very positive. But we'll see what happens.

El Chuxter
05-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Yeah, but if they do Secret Wars II after this series, she'd make sense, since she's more or less singlehandedly responsible for saving the world. Cooler potential figure than Thunderball, as well as a great "in joke" for adult collectors.

JediTricks
05-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Wow, that brown & yellow Wolverine takes me back to when I was a kid! The coloring, the straight claws, and the head all remind me of the original.

Doesn't look like Cap has the wings on his head, what's up with that?

dantes_inferno
05-22-2009, 06:58 PM
hey beast, i didnt see wave 4 anywhere on that site you put up

NerfTW
05-22-2009, 07:21 PM
He also has Ultimate Cap's ammo belt. I'm hoping that was just a mock up, since the original Toy Fair shots clearly show the wings. Can't tell on the belt, because the only TF shot has his shield blocking it.

Beast
05-22-2009, 08:21 PM
hey beast, i didnt see wave 4 anywhere on that site you put up
Yeah, they sold out a short time after I posted them.

Hopefully they or HTS will get Wave 4 back in-stock soon.

Still hard to believe the line just launched March 1st and we're up to Wave 4 already.

I think Hasbro wanted to avoid an Indiana Jones situation if the line didn't sell well. So may have actually underproduced instead of overproduced, especially with the state of the economy. Which is why they're blowing through waves so fast. Which is a positive sign for the success of the line.

dantes_inferno
05-22-2009, 08:50 PM
crap! >_< ill never get my red hulk and blade T_T

i finally saw wave 3 today at my walmart....i work there, they werent there yesterday, but today we all of a sudden had a ms marvel and a ton of hand ninjas.

NerfTW
05-23-2009, 09:04 AM
Lucky. you should see whoever does the toy section and get them to tell you when there's new ones.

(I am not against employees using their position to get figures for themselves, just when they do it to scalp)

As for Wave 4, I got an order in, so I'm happy. :D

JediTricks
05-23-2009, 05:21 PM
He also has Ultimate Cap's ammo belt. I'm hoping that was just a mock up, since the original Toy Fair shots clearly show the wings. Can't tell on the belt, because the only TF shot has his shield blocking it.
I fear not, those Hasbro packaged photos usually are very close to final versions. :ermm:

NerfTW
05-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Cool Toy Review's shot has wings, so now I'm curious.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2009/MUCPSW01_4.jpg

figrin bran
05-24-2009, 12:47 AM
I spotted Wolverine and the X-Men Toad and Forge at Target today.

NerfTW
05-24-2009, 09:42 AM
What stands are people using for these? A lot of the later ones I can get onto the Star Wars stands okay, but the double jointed knees don't hold up well in poses. Ms. Marvel and Iron Fist have a tendency to bend over when I stand them on one leg.

Any suggestions on where to get stands to pose flying figures? (Or jump kicking, as the case may be)

JediTricks
05-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Cool Toy Review's shot has wings, so now I'm curious.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2009/MUCPSW01_4.jpgHasbro prototype shot.

Beast
05-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Hasbro prototype shot.
It's the same new picture they sent Steve.

Steve uses a white background, so it's harder to see the wings.

His pictures of the figures are also smaller, since he left them attached to the comic.

http://www.actionfigs.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/popup.php?categoryid=3&p17_sectionid=836&p17_imageid=4786

The wings are there. They're just hard to see on the background.

EGC240
05-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Just joined the site but been an on-looker for a few months. Anyways, just wanted to report that Wave 4 Marvel Universe figures are out. I'm in San Diego and got 2 complete sets at Target. Red Hulk, Moon Knight, Hobgoblin, Blade, and Union Jack. Really nice set!

Beast
05-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Just joined the site but been an on-looker for a few months. Anyways, just wanted to report that Wave 4 Marvel Universe figures are out. I'm in San Diego and got 2 complete sets at Target. Red Hulk, Moon Knight, Hobgoblin, Blade, and Union Jack. Really nice set!
Care to share the figure #'s for the checklist?

EGC240
05-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Wave 4 Figures:

#26 Union Jack
#27 Moon Knight
#28 Red Hulk
#29 Blade
#30 Hobgoblin

Beast
05-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Wave 4 Figures:

#26 Union Jack
#27 Moon Knight
#28 Red Hulk
#29 Blade
#30 Hobgoblin
Thank you much. Guess they really did number Nick Fury as #25.

NerfTW
05-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Speaking of Ol' Nick, I can't wait until Monday when we find out how to order him. And I plan on ordering by the truckload. :thumbsup:

Beast
05-26-2009, 10:43 PM
You're not the only one. I hope the Q&A comes back soon also.

Beast
05-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Looks like the info on how to get Nick Fury will be on a sticker on some figures. Or at least the offer is advertised on it. Judging by the Wave 4 Hobgoblin figure that is up for sale on Ebay. Looks like there's an address, www.marvel.com/nickfury listed at the bottom of the sticker. But the site currently isn't active. So I bet it won't go active til June 1st when the info is supposed to be released. :)

Beast
05-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Well.... looks like we finally have some info on the mail-away Nick Fury figure that we've all been waiting to hear about. Not sure many of you are going to be pleased though. I had heard some rumblings that it was going to be offered in conjunction with Marvel.Com, and apperantly that's been confirmed.

Sticker Details:

Nick Fury Exclusive Figure Offer marvel.com/nickfury

Get the Exclusive Nick Fury figure with a Marvel Digital Comics Subscription at: $24.99 ($8.33/month) for a 3-Month or $59.88 ($4.99/month) for an Annual. Details inside or visit marvel.com/nickfury) Offer valid US and Canada only. Offer Valid 6/1/09 - 12/31/09.

NerfTW
05-27-2009, 06:45 PM
I am so glad I didn't sign up for that last month when I found out about it.

Lucky me, I was planning on signing up anyways.

Beast
05-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Heh. No kidding. Myself? I -HATE- reading comics on the net.

So I'll get the 3-month sub mostly for the figure. And read enough to make the purchase worthwhile.

Beast
05-27-2009, 07:00 PM
I have to say it's not a bad deal in the longrun.

If they would have handled it like a normal mail-in, you most likely would have had to buy 6 figures at $7.99 ($47.94) and then include money for shipping and handling and send it in. I believe it was $5.99 for the Crystal Skeletons for Indiana Jones, yes? So $53.93 for the Nick Fury figure. Here you're getting the figure and either 3 months or a year of digital comics. Frankly, it's a pretty good deal.

dantes_inferno
05-27-2009, 09:21 PM
i almost did the online comic thing a few months ago too, im glad i waited. but now i may just go ahead and do once the offer starts :)

EGC240
05-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Yup! Glad they are offering Nick Fury this way instead of buying all those figures and mailing in UPCs. I keep all my figures sealed. I will be subscribing on Monday!

RooJay
05-28-2009, 02:45 AM
I'd rather they have handled this like a normal figure mail-in offer. Since I'll be buying pretty much any figure they put out anyway, and especially since Marvel isn't really producing any comics I want to read right now and I have never had any intentions of reading comics online. Kind of a bum deal if you ask me, but I want that Nick Fury figure bad. Looks like I'll probably be buying a useless digital subscription if this is the only option.

bigbarada
05-28-2009, 09:31 AM
I'd rather they have handled this like a normal figure mail-in offer. Since I'll be buying pretty much any figure they put out anyway, and especially since Marvel isn't really producing any comics I want to read right now and I have never had any intentions of reading comics online. Kind of a bum deal if you ask me, but I want that Nick Fury figure bad. Looks like I'll probably be buying a useless digital subscription if this is the only option.

I'm just going to wait for the figure to show up on Ebay. Now that X-Men: First Class has ended, there aren't any current Marvel books that I'm even remotely interested in subscribing to.

NerfTW
05-28-2009, 09:48 AM
The only problem with Ebay is that you aren't going to find many people subscribing and putting the figure up for less than the subscription price. You're probably going to be paying $10-$20 more than simply buying the 3 month subscription.

Beast
05-28-2009, 10:56 AM
The only problem with Ebay is that you aren't going to find many people subscribing and putting the figure up for less than the subscription price. You're probably going to be paying $10-$20 more than simply buying the 3 month subscription.
Exactly. And there's plenty of old classic comics that you can read for S&Gs.

NerfTW
05-28-2009, 11:02 AM
The only thing I didn't like about the service when I found out was that it didn't seem to be regularly putting up issues. For instance, after three-four months, an issue should always go on line. It would allow me to read the comics without paying ridiculous $4 cover prices, of which Marvel only really sees about 50 cents to a dollar of.

I'm hoping that this potential rush of subscribers might be an attempt to bring the service more in line with simply being a digital means to read their comics without harming the local comic shop too much.

Beast
05-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Well, the way they're trying to ensure they don't harm local comic shops, is waiting months to put the newest issues up after they come out. They're mostly concentrating on older stuff, which could cost a lot of money to buy in back issues, or not be available at all. Here's a look at the offer details from the figures. And another look at the Nick Fury figure. We'll see, maybe there will be other ways of getting the figure.

Beast
05-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Well, looks like the first of the Exclusive Nick Fury figures landed on Ebay.

Trust me, you'll be better off just getting the 3 month subscription.

$29.90 + $15.00 shipping from Singapore. I'll take the $24.99 option. ;)

Looks like he comes with a SHIELD stand (I hope), a pistol, the big Skrull cannon from Secret Invasion, and the other weapons appear to be the big gun and machine gun from the Punisher figures.

NerfTW
05-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Huh, I could have sworn they said there was going to be two heads, Nick Fury and a generic SHIELD agent.

Thankfully, this means the generic agent is more likely to come out soon in a battle pack, instead of waiting for the exclusive to sell out.

JediTricks
05-28-2009, 02:21 PM
It's the same new picture they sent Steve.

Steve uses a white background, so it's harder to see the wings.

His pictures of the figures are also smaller, since he left them attached to the comic.

http://www.actionfigs.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/popup.php?categoryid=3&p17_sectionid=836&p17_imageid=4786

The wings are there. They're just hard to see on the background.You're right, it is the same image. Steve doesn't "use" a white background, that's Hasbro's doing. RS/CTR merely crops out the background and puts it on blue.

Anyway, the wings don't appear to be on the packaged version (which also sports the wrong belt still), and that's the one that's usually a production sample: http://www.actionfigs.com/plugins/p17_image_gallery/popup.php?categoryid=3&p17_sectionid=836&p17_imageid=4787

Just joined the site but been an on-looker for a few months. Anyways, just wanted to report that Wave 4 Marvel Universe figures are out. I'm in San Diego and got 2 complete sets at Target. Red Hulk, Moon Knight, Hobgoblin, Blade, and Union Jack. Really nice set!Welcome aboard, former lurker! :thumbsup:

Good find. I also spotted Blade, Hobgoblin, and Union Jack, plus the darker Spidey and non-firey Human Torch with white costume accents instead of black. At Target in Van Nuys, specifically.

Looks like the info on how to get Nick Fury will be on a sticker on some figures. Or at least the offer is advertised on it. Judging by the Wave 4 Hobgoblin figure that is up for sale on Ebay. Looks like there's an address, www.marvel.com/nickfury (http://www.marvel.com/nickfury) listed at the bottom of the sticker. But the site currently isn't active. So I bet it won't go active til June 1st when the info is supposed to be released. :)I am pretty sure the Blade and Hobgoblin I took heavy notice of didn't sport those stickers, but I was put off by the soft sculpt on Blade.

Well.... looks like we finally have some info on the mail-away Nick Fury figure that we've all been waiting to hear about. Not sure many of you are going to be pleased though. I had heard some rumblings that it was going to be offered in conjunction with Marvel.Com, and apperantly that's been confirmed.

Sticker Details:Classy. "Buy an expensive nothing and get a free figure!" Jeez.

I have to say it's not a bad deal in the longrun.

If they would have handled it like a normal mail-in, you most likely would have had to buy 6 figures at $7.99 ($47.94) and then include money for shipping and handling and send it in. I believe it was $5.99 for the Crystal Skeletons for Indiana Jones, yes? So $53.93 for the Nick Fury figure. Here you're getting the figure and either 3 months or a year of digital comics. Frankly, it's a pretty good deal.Yeah, but with that type of mail-in, you have 6 figures in your hand! Here you have bupkis, site membership to comics you can't keep.

And the best part, you just know they're gonna release another Nick Fury next year.

EGC240
05-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Curious!!! I've been to a lot of Targets and I'm seeing a lot of the Dark Blue Human Torchs left on the pegs. Before it was the Light Blue version always left hanging on the pegs. I don't see those anymore! Are the Dark Blue versions common?

ZeoVGM
05-29-2009, 01:15 AM
You know, you can probably just cancel the account, right? No biggie in the end. Might even be able to scam them on the phone to get a refund. Haha.

RooJay
05-29-2009, 02:59 AM
Crazy thing is, I might have actually been tempted to subscribe to actual, hard-copy Marvel comics if that were an option. I spend too much time in front of a computer monitor as it is for me to really be keen at all in using said monitor to read comics I'm not really interested in. I'd much rather have the physical comics in my hand that I can take and read anywhere if I have to subscribe to get Nick Fury.

Beast
05-29-2009, 03:23 PM
The Q&A's are starting to come back.
It seems that they're being very mum with answers leading up to SDCC.

Here's ActionFigs:

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3092

Cool Toy Review:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_Marvel_Comics_QA_The_Answers_122890.asp

Toymania:

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/11241.shtml

Action Figure Insider:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=3416

Action Figure Pics:

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2009/05/afp%e2%80%99s-hasbro-marvel-qa-roundup-5299

Fwoosh:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/?p=1412

bigbarada
05-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Okay, I've been to three different Wal-Marts in the last couple of days and every single Marvel Universe figure has just disappeared. There aren't even any pegs reserved for them anymore. Hopefully, they just got bumped out of the way to make room for the new Transformers toys, but why would they take every single figure off the shelves and not just lump them in with the Wolverine figures?

dantes_inferno
05-30-2009, 02:58 PM
i work at walmart, and its the time of year when they set new modulars (shelves and pegs and stuff) so i wouldnt worry too much, they will probably be put back up soon enough

bigbarada
05-30-2009, 03:30 PM
i work at walmart, and its the time of year when they set new modulars (shelves and pegs and stuff) so i wouldnt worry too much, they will probably be put back up soon enough

Well that sets my mind at ease a bit. It was actually kind of strange because they put out all of the new Transformers toys and then covered that entire section of the toy aisle with black trash bags with a note saying that the toys wouldn't be available for sale until Friday at 5 PM.

The Star Wars section has shrunk to about 1/3 of it's size and, as I mentioned the MU section just vanished into thin air. I guess Hasbro isn't taking any chances with the Transformers line this time around.

dantes_inferno
05-30-2009, 04:11 PM
yeah, even my store had only one MU figure a series 1 punisher, and they just set all the transformers. id give it a few days, maybe a week or two and they will fill out all the shelves again. (if they work at it, sometimes it takes quite a while to re-set the mods)

TheRealDubya
05-31-2009, 12:43 PM
These have suddenly become very easy to find in the Seattle area. The only piece I have not seen regularly is the Modern Ms. Marvel.

DarkArtist
05-31-2009, 01:59 PM
picked up Iceman and Cyclops from the Wolverine Origins line last night. Iceman is amazing looks great, Cyclops I would have preferred seeing him in the animated costume and look but I'll take him like this too.

dantes_inferno
05-31-2009, 07:15 PM
i win! my store finished re-setting the mods, and today on my lunch break, i was walking the store and decided to go by the toys and something caught my eye, 2 cases of MU wave 4 :D so i grabbed my Red Hulk, Blade, and my Wave 3 Thing :D

EGC240
06-01-2009, 01:03 AM
So far I've only seen Wave 4 in Target in San Diego. Toys R Us just restocked Wave 3, and Wal-mart has not restocked anything lately! But they still have a few of Daredevils, Black Panthers, and the 1st Punishers on the hooks, but they are not in the greatest condition due to all the handling from people and for the time they been on the hooks.

NerfTW
06-01-2009, 02:37 PM
edit- There's problems with the site, but if you email help, they'll mail you the certificate.

Here's a copy of the certificate:
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j274/MaskedFencer/certificate.gif
The website is up.

h (http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/nickfury)ttp://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/nickfury (http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/nickfury)

Whoa! Free Action Figure? How Do I Get One?

To get your Nick Fury Action Figure:

Select and purchase a subscription to Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited™ from the drop down to the right. All subscribers get the hassle-free advantage of the Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited Automatic Renewal Program (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29).
Pay US $4.99 for shipping and handling ($6.99 Canadian). Write a check or money order to "Figure Redemption, Inc."
Fill out and mail the certificate. When you finish subscribing, you’ll receive a confirmation number and a printable certificate. Mail it to the address provided and include your check or money order for $4.99. Must be postmarked by 1/15/2010.

When you're done, you'll get:

Immediate, unlimited access to a library of digital comics that expands every week!
An exclusive Nick Fury 3¾" action figure from Hasbro, which will arrive in six to eight weeks. You can’t get it in stores, and there are a limited number available. Add it to your collection!

So it costs an extra $5 on top of the subscription, and over a month to ship.

Beast
06-01-2009, 03:53 PM
It sucks you have to print out the certifiicate and mail it in.

Especially when I don't have a printer. I'll have to get someone to print it for me.

Did they give you an E-Mail address to contact for the missing certificiate?

NerfTW
06-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Not that I see. I sent an email to customer service to ask.

I feel you on the printing thing. Haven't had a printer since the kittens chewed through the wires last year. Thankfully I live right next to my old campus and alumni are allowed to use the computer lab.

NerfTW
06-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Oh wow, they're fast and very nice. :thumbsup:

I’m sorry you’re having trouble with our Nick Fury promotion. The truth is, the site is having some issues related to new information being posted and a high traffic level that we didn’t quite anticipate. Attached is the redemption certificate that you need to mail in for your exclusive Nick Fury 3 ¾” action figure.

Out of curiosity, how did you hear about the promotion? Did you purchase a different Hasbro 3 ¾” action figure? Did you see advertising about the promotion? Thanks for being such a dedicated fan!

Victoria Zoellner

I have a copy of the certificate, but I need to find a place to host it. It's generic, you only need your confirmation number from the order form.

Beast
06-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Oh wow, they're fast and very nice. :thumbsup:

I have a copy of the certificate, but I need to find a place to host it. It's generic, you only need your confirmation number from the order form.
Do you have Photobucket? That's what I use.

If it's small enough, you probably could attach it right here.

NerfTW
06-01-2009, 04:47 PM
I tried. It's a PDF and 167KB, so I can't attach it or use photobucket.

But you still need the activation code from signing up to use it.

edit- dur, why don't you just copy and paste it into an image file, genius.

(http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=994fa0d8320aedd208f8df73f2072ed6e04e75f6 e8ebb871)

Beast
06-01-2009, 05:22 PM
And here I go to all the trouble to do it for you. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/NickFuryForm.jpg

AFCollector
06-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Can I just say, what a PITA this digital comic thing is? I gotta what? Print out and mail a certificate? What happened, did I go back in time to the 80's here?

Does anyone else see the irony of signing up for DIGITAL COMICS and then having to mail in a printed piece of paper?

Screw that noise, I just snagged one from Singapore for about the same price as the 3mo subscription and the 'shipping and handling' fee. I still actually like to hold the comics I'm reading.

Nice move though Beast, putting that up for other people that want it, very nice of you. :)

Beast
06-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Well, you still have to buy the subscription. Since you have to write your number on it.

NerfTW
06-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Nice move though Beast, putting that up for other people that want it, very nice of you. :)

I just don't get any respect... :cry:

P.S., those Singapore ones were likely stolen from the factory.

Beast
06-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I just don't get any respect... :cry:

P.S., those Singapore ones were likely stolen from the factory.
Heh. He probably just looked at the last post in the thread.

As for those Singapore ones, apperantly the figure is being sold at retail in Singapore Toys R Us stores. Mostly because the digital comics subscription is only valid in the U.S. and Canada.

RooJay
06-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Really don't like the sound of "Automatic Renewal." Sounds like it means that not only am I going to have to purchase a subscription that I really have no intention of using, but I'm also have to going to have to be paying close enough attention to know when my subscription expires and actually remember to cancel before I get automatically renewed.

EGC240
06-02-2009, 04:44 AM
The Nick Fury that is posted on ebay from Singapore, Does anyone know if it's the same way we will receive it if we subscribe to the Digital Comics? In the white box?! I was kinda hoping they would package it the same way as they do with all the MU figures!

NerfTW
06-02-2009, 07:23 AM
That's pretty standard. They just put a snazzy name on the "Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled" boilerplate that every service has.

You can cancel the auto renew the second you sign up.

bluesuntrader
06-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Picked up Moon Knight, Red Hulk, Onion Jack, and Hob Goblin today.

The Onion Jack and Moon Knight look great, not sure about the Goblin or Red hulk, and blade just looked not good to me...

NerfTW
06-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Well, I went through all that trouble for nothing. The certificate is now on the main sign up page now.

TheGreyGhost
06-02-2009, 10:58 PM
What the heck am I supposed to put in for the Unit #?

dantes_inferno
06-02-2009, 11:04 PM
i took that to mean like Apartment Unit #....i hope thats what it meant O_O

bigbarada
06-03-2009, 12:35 AM
I found Iceman today, he's a really great figure! :thumbsup: I also found the new Cyclops, but I'll hold out for a version with a costume that I'm more familiar with.

Also, I was watching Iron Man again today and I realized that the Iron Monger figure, from the movie line, is actually in proper scale to the MU 3 3/4" Iron Man figures. So that's kind of cool.

VexOrdo
06-03-2009, 06:28 PM
Picked up Red Hulk today, and it is beastly. I know its the same sculpt as Hulk, but I love it. Now I'm gonna go an a whim here and guess who Red Hulk is, and this hasn't been mentioned before from what I've seen. But Rulk is . . . Glenn Talbot. It occured to me one day, and my opinion was solidified when I read this "Heh. I started this game hoping for your death. I realize now that I've left you even worse off than dead. With a broken heart. Just as you left me, Banner... " Does that not make you think of Banner taking Betty away from Talbot, I mean Talbot and Betty were married!

RooJay
06-04-2009, 01:13 AM
I've suspected Talbot for Red Hulk since the start, and while it wouldn't surprise me in the least, Marvel would really be missing out on a good thing by having denied Red Hulk of that awesome 'stache!

VexOrdo
06-04-2009, 05:53 AM
Haha, but then of course if they gave Rulk they 'stache it would have given it away way to fast. Marvel would rather drag the story line out until they reveal who it is, but I'm getting anxious.

The Captain
06-04-2009, 06:03 AM
I found Iceman today, he's a really great figure! :thumbsup: I also found the new Cyclops, but I'll hold out for a version with a costume that I'm more familiar with.

Also, I was watching Iron Man again today and I realized that the Iron Monger figure, from the movie line, is actually in proper scale to the MU 3 3/4" Iron Man figures. So that's kind of cool.

Yes, I checked it out for myself and agree with you. The Iron Monger figure is in proper scale. As a matter of fact, the movie line of the Hulk is in proper scale with the MU figures. At least in the sense that the movie Hulk is depicted as being much bigger in scale to people than the comic Hulk.

NerfTW
06-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Haha, but then of course if they gave Rulk they 'stache it would have given it away way to fast. Marvel would rather drag the story line out until they reveal who it is, but I'm getting anxious.

I think Hulk 600 in July is supposed to reveal it, according to previews.

Beast
06-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Fwoosh has some great loose pics of the Nick Fury figure.

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/06/marvel-universe-nick-fury-first-look

JediTricks
06-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Hitting up my local Target yesterday, I noticed that the new Transformers line has expanded beyond its borders into any empty slots. However, they did have the MU pegs protected there.

edit- There's problems with the site, but if you email help, they'll mail you the certificate.

Here's a copy of the certificate:
The website is up.

h (http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/nickfury)ttp://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/nickfury (http://www.marvel.com/digitalcomics/nickfury)

So it costs an extra $5 on top of the subscription, and over a month to ship.BOOO! Shame on them for this travesty!!! How dare they ask for EVEN MORE MONEY for this figure?!? This whole thing is sleazy as hell, and the idea of recurring billing on top of that is downright shameful.

Also, I was watching Iron Man again today and I realized that the Iron Monger figure, from the movie line, is actually in proper scale to the MU 3 3/4" Iron Man figures. So that's kind of cool.Really? I need to dig out my Iron Monger figure then, that'd be really cool. Just don't open it up. :p

Beast
06-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Yeah, someone put up comparison photos elsewhere ages back.

The Iron Monger Figure and the Modern Iron Man from Wave 1 look perfect together.

bigbarada
06-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Really? I need to dig out my Iron Monger figure then, that'd be really cool. Just don't open it up. :p

My Iron Monger figure doesn't open up, maybe yours is broken? :p Anyways, I think I have an early version of the figure because the chestplate and eyes on mine are red instead of blue.

JediTricks
06-04-2009, 09:49 PM
They released 2 different molds of Iron Monger, the second one the head and plate it's on flip up and the chest folds down to reveal Jeff Bridges. I think it has better paint and a slightly tighter sculpt.

dantes_inferno
06-04-2009, 09:54 PM
so has there been anymore news on the Gigantic Battles?

Beast
06-04-2009, 10:24 PM
so has there been anymore news on the Gigantic Battles?
Probably not til SDCC next month.

Dephigravity
06-04-2009, 10:57 PM
So I just bought my subscription to get the Nick Fury figure. I have to say so far I am liking the digital comics. While the offer may not be great for collectors solely interested in getting the figure, the comics themselves are worth it. Comics are always better to have the physical copy, but it can be very expensive tracking down back issues. Case in point i paid over 50 bucks to get the trade paper back for the X-men Inferno crossover. While they don't have the digital copies for that entire crossover on the site it is nice to see others such as the entire Infinity Gauntlet, War, Crusade, and Abyss series as well as many more! I am very pleased with having this service, and hey I can't wait to get the Nick Fury figure as a bonus.

Also I picked up the entire Wave 4 figures at one of the local Walmarts. Hobgoblin is by far my favorite!

Beast
06-05-2009, 01:00 PM
ActionFigs has a little press release about the Nick Fury figure....

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3114

JetsAndHeels
06-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Went to Walmart earlier and they had totally restocked the MU figures. The new ones they had were Moon Knight, Blade, Hobgoblin, and Union Jack. I looked down and someone had placed a Red Hulk under another toy...so I got it and bought it becuase my gf's brother has been looking for one.

Beast
06-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Well, we've got something of a first look at the Gigantic Battles Giant Skrull figure.

RooJay
06-06-2009, 02:13 AM
So even though I'm tending to doubt it at the moment, and knowing that the Gigantic Battles line is to feature one giant sized figure packed alongside a regular scaled figure, could it be possible that Nick Fury will also be available in this set? Surely not - it wouldn't be very much like Hasbro to offer a mail-in exclusive figure on retail shelves as well. Does make me wonder, however, which figure will actually be packed in with the giant Skrull.

NerfTW
06-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Bucky is packed with the skrull.

Beast
06-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Bucky is packed with the skrull.
I do hope they re-release Bucky Cap in the line later.

I just wonder if they're gonna do his upper body armor in metallic paints or not.

Beast
06-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Found Moon Knight today at Wally World...

The only new figure on the racks. Pretty good figure. He uses the Daredevil/Bullseye body but it works better for Moonie. Though the Moonarang is pretty pointless. Which there was a place on his belt for to store it.

Moonie's face looks like it might be seperate sculpted piece from his hood. I could be wrong, but it certainly looks seperate. So it makes me hope we'll see figures like Taskmaster or The Hood using the hood and cape as a start in the line. We'll have to wait and see what SDCC has for us next month.

NerfTW
06-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Good news on Grey Hulk. According to EE, he's in the wave 5 case assortment. So looks like variants will be carried forward like the normal figures.

Beast
06-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Hopefully they'll slot Bullseye back in at some point for those that still need him also.

NerfTW
06-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I do hope they re-release Bucky Cap in the line later.

I just wonder if they're gonna do his upper body armor in metallic paints or not.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. He's popular, there's a Captain America movie coming out in 2011, they have a Winter Soldier figure coming out, and it makes a great battle-pack.

ZeoVGM
06-07-2009, 04:21 AM
Good news on Grey Hulk. According to EE, he's in the wave 5 case assortment. So looks like variants will be carried forward like the normal figures.

Grey Hulk is a normal figure, not a variant.

The known varients are the red/blue Spider-Man (a darker version), as well as the non-flamed on Human Torch (dark blue/white costume).

And today we know there is a variant on Red Hulk as well, with a matte finish, rather than glossy: http://www.toyark.com/news/marvel-toy-news-4/marvel-universe-fury-files-wave-4-red-hulk-variant-found-1342/

There's apparently an Iron Fist variant coming eventually.

TheGreyGhost
06-09-2009, 01:41 PM
Are we sure that is an actual variant and not a paint screw up? Because I was able to thrumb through most of my walmarts stock of Marvel Universe figures yesterday and I couldn't find a single glossy version of Rulk. I would think they'd have at least one out of the many I found.

bigbarada
06-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Are we sure that is an actual variant and not a paint screw up? Because I was able to thrumb through most of my walmarts stock of Marvel Universe figures yesterday and I couldn't find a single glossy version of Rulk. I would think they'd have at least one out of the many I found.

It's probably just a running change in the figure's production. The only Red Hulk I've seen has the flat finish. Also I finally found the Spider Man figure with the darker blue coloration. I've been holding off on buying a Spidey until I found that version.

I've actually been trying to avoid falling into the trap of buying multiple versions of one character because of minor improvements. I really want a Captain America figure, but I won't buy the figure until I see one with the little wings on the side of his head. I don't want to end up with 10 Steve Rogers Captain Americas, so I'll just hold out for one good one.

ZeoVGM
06-09-2009, 04:40 PM

Well at least three different people have posted that that've found it, that I've seen. It's most likely a running change.

Beast
06-10-2009, 01:14 PM
The newest issue of Toyfare is out today...

It has the first full picture of the Wave 5 Electro. Also, it has a picture of the SDCC "Black And White" Captain America. It's a grey-scale version of the Secret Wars Cap, and it comes in a "Frozen" packaging with a War Department Secret File instead of the Fury File. Can't wait to get him.

Also, Wave 5 of Marvel Universe will feature 2 more running changes.

Wave 2 Iron Fist w/ a fist hand and black dragon symbol.
Wave 3 The Thing w/ "Negative Zone Costume" (Dark Blue/White like Torch)

Also, in Wave 5 there will be a variant on the New Spider-Man figure.

A Black/Red version that will be standing upright. And a Blue/Red version packaged upside down.

JediTricks
06-10-2009, 03:18 PM
MUST... GET... SDCC CAP!!! Man does that sound cool, stupid magazine-only content, I wanna see it now!

Beast
06-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping someone will put up a scan somewhere.

Can't wait for SDCC. Apperantly Hasbro is gonna have almost as much as they did last year.

ZeoVGM
06-10-2009, 09:41 PM
The newest issue of Toyfare is out today...

It has the first full picture of the Wave 5 Electro. Also, it has a picture of the SDCC "Black And White" Captain America. It's a grey-scale version of the Secret Wars Cap, and it comes in a "Frozen" packaging with a War Department Secret File instead of the Fury File. Can't wait to get him.

That is so awesome.

Also, Wave 5 of Marvel Universe will feature 2 more running changes.

Wave 2 Iron Fist w/ a fist hand and black dragon symbol.
Wave 3 The Thing w/ "Negative Zone Costume" (Dark Blue/White like Torch)

Are there pictures of these?

A Black/Red version that will be standing upright. And a Blue/Red version packaged upside down.

And those too.

Beast
06-10-2009, 09:45 PM
No pictures of those things in the issue. It's Hasbro talking about what's coming.

ZeoVGM
06-10-2009, 09:48 PM
No pictures of those things in the issue. It's Hasbro talking about what's coming.

Ah, okay. Not too long until SDCC at least.

RooJay
06-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Those all sound cool, but I'm still dying for more variety in character selection. Some Alpha Flight would be nice, as would a few more classic Avengers - Falcon, She-Hulk, Wasp, Ant-Man, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, Wonder Man. Howzabout that Shang-Chi figure we never got out of Marvel Legends?

Beast
06-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Guardian's coming. So is Vision.

Some of those characters you mentioned might be in the Secret Wars packs.

As She-Hulk, Wasp, and Hawkeye were involved in that.

JetsAndHeels
06-11-2009, 08:39 AM
I would like to see a Jigsaw figure to go with the 2 Punishers they have made.

A Dr. Doom would be nice too.

RooJay
06-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Guardian's coming. So is Vision.

Some of those characters you mentioned might be in the Secret Wars packs.

As She-Hulk, Wasp, and Hawkeye were involved in that.

The point I was making was that those guys have yet to be released. Meanwhile, we've already had four versions of Iron Man (with more on the way from what I hear,) three versions of Spider-Man including the variant (with more on the way as well,) two versions of Human Torch soon to be joined by a second version of the Thing, two versions of Punisher, and at least a couple versions of Cap including the SDCC exclusives. I would personally have appreciated a bit more variety in this line so early on. I know the others are coming, I just would much rather have seen more of them by now rather than the multiple versions of the few characters we've already had thus far.

NerfTW
06-11-2009, 10:05 AM
I love the fact that you included the comic packs Captain America, but not the other figures you wanted from the packs, plus the Spider-man and Iron Man from wave 5 but not Guardian.

Beast
06-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Face it. The main characters are big sellers. Especially Spider-Man and Iron Man.

Blame the movies for them being so prominant in the line. Not to mention the fact that Hasbro didn't want to include X-Characters in MU while the Wolverine line was out at the same time. 2010 should be a great deal more diverse. Especially judging by the leaked Wal-Mart lists for next year.

There's tons of variety in the line. But of course it was gonna launch with the heavy hitters.

Hell, Wave 4 is nothing but diversity. Union Jack, Moon Knight, Hobgoblin, and Blade.

NerfTW
06-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Also, keep in mind we DID get variety already. Just because one person doesn't like a character doesn't mean someone else isn't excited about the choices. I've bought every figure so far except for the big guys that I know will be in comic packs. From my point of view, there has been significant variety. We've got Avengers, a few B-listers (Blade, Union Jack?), the Fantastic Four, some iconic villains, and the WO line has given us a fairly reasonable X-men team.

Plus, the line needs to get a good start. We got Ronin before Hawkeye because that's who he is now. It's who new fans will recognize.

Rocketboy
06-11-2009, 03:47 PM
I would like to see a Jigsaw figure to go with the 2 Punishers they have made.I'd rather have the Russian or Barracuda before Jigsaw.

Beast
06-11-2009, 06:15 PM
I'd rather have The Hood. At least he's interesting looking. And still relevant.

RooJay
06-12-2009, 01:12 AM
I love the fact that you included the comic packs Captain America, but not the other figures you wanted from the packs, plus the Spider-man and Iron Man from wave 5 but not Guardian.

I think my words are being confused here - I want all of the figures being released; including all of the multiple variations. My beef is not that they are being made at all, but that they're all being released so early in the line, and at the cost of filling those slots with a greater and preferable variety of characters. I look forward to buying every version of Captain America eventually to be released (Classic Cap, Ultimate Cap, The Captain, Bucky Cap, Earth X Cap, Armored Cap, Cap-Wolf, etc.) as well as every version of Spider-Man (Classic Spidey, Black Spidey, Web Armor Spidey, Iron Spidey, Spider Sense Spidey, Captain Universe Spidey, House of M Spidey etc.) and every Human Torch (blue and black, blue and white, Heroes Reborn, Inhuman Torch, etc.) I just think it would be much more sensible and personally much more preferable if they had held off on so many variations in the first few waves. Fact is, not many folks are going to be after every variations of most of these guys like I am, and this could very well get to the point where all the variations of the popular characters will already have been done and the line will then be filled with a bunch of less popular, more obscure characters that casual fans will have no problem passing up. That'd be a line killer, and would be quite sad in my opinion to see happen with such a cool toy line.

Face it. The main characters are big sellers. Especially Spider-Man and Iron Man.

My point exactly. What do you suppose happens when everyone has had their fill of main characters? Now is the time to get a few more of the lesser known guys out there. They should be staggering releases of the popular ones a bit more, in my opinion.

Hell, Wave 4 is nothing but diversity. Union Jack, Moon Knight, Hobgoblin, and Blade.

Agreed, and wave four is very welcome because of that. They even threw in a couple of my absolute favorites.

ZeoVGM
06-12-2009, 02:37 AM
I think it's unfair to hold variants (i.e. darker Spidey, Human Torch -- repaints that use the same figure numbering as the original) against the line. In the case of Thing, it's a way for us to get a different costume, without it taking up a spot in an upcoming wave.

tristang
06-12-2009, 03:47 PM
So Any news on when Wave 3 secret codes will be acceptable on the website?

It's been an awful while now...

AFCollector
06-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I was about to ask something similar Tristang, I've been trying to enter codes from that wave and keep getting the "Not Unclassified" message. Have they given up on the site you think? :(

ZeoVGM
06-12-2009, 10:17 PM

By the way, about this, I assume the black/red one will be the variant, as Hasbro's wave 5 picture shows the blue/red one.

This is the first figure in the series that has me scratching my head a little. It would make sense if it used the superior Black Costumed Spidey, but it doesn't seem to.

ZeoVGM
06-15-2009, 02:21 PM
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/9754-3/Marvel_70_Years_0017.jpg

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/9755-3/Marvel_70_Years_0063.jpg

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/9756-3/Marvel_Captain+America_PACK.jpg

SDCC pics! They look great!

bigbarada
06-15-2009, 02:52 PM
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/9754-3/Marvel_70_Years_0017.jpg

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/9755-3/Marvel_70_Years_0063.jpg

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/9756-3/Marvel_Captain+America_PACK.jpg

SDCC pics! They look great!

Those are sweet! I'll take one of each. :pleased: I wonder if we'll see Bucky and Toro soon also?

Is that Colonel Vogel as the Red Skull?

NerfTW
06-15-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah, they confirmed in the last Q&A that it's Vogel's body.

If I had that Invaders set, I don't even think I'd be able to take it out of the box. That looks really nice. :thumbsup:

Beast
06-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Nice exclusives. Really wish Red Skull wasn't using Vogel's body though.

Really liking the "Frozen" Black & White Cap figure. Both will be mine.

TheGreyGhost
06-15-2009, 03:22 PM
I need all of them ASAP, they look so good.

plasticfetish
06-15-2009, 06:03 PM
So those are the Comic-Con exclusives? Suddenly I'm feeling just a little bad that I'm not going this year.

Beast
06-15-2009, 06:15 PM
So those are the Comic-Con exclusives? Suddenly I'm feeling just a little bad that I'm not going this year.
They should be available on HTS after the show.

bigbarada
06-15-2009, 06:19 PM
They should be available on HTS after the show.

I didn't realize they would be SDCC exclusives, but I'm pretty sure they'll all be made available carded before the end of the year. Especially the Cap and Red Skull figures, considering the big Captain America Reborn story that's supposed to hit next month.

Impatient me will likely just order them off of HTS. :yes:

ZeoVGM
06-15-2009, 06:54 PM
I hope I can get two of each.

RooJay
06-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Hopefully I can find a decent hotel room! I must have those now! Too bad Red Skull has to be so shrimpy, though. Looks like he barely comes to Cap's shoulder.

ZeoVGM
06-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Cap: SD01
Namor: SD02
Red SKull: SD03
Human Torch: SD04

Someone posted those as the numbers on the Invaders figures. I asked him to take a picture, so hopefully he posts one.

That's curious, as Nick Fury wasn't given any special number. What could SD stand for anyway?

dantes_inferno
06-16-2009, 02:32 PM
SD is San Diego

and i wish they had given Red Skull a real sculpt instead of re-using a sculpt from an figure that has nothing to do with marvel. and he is shorter...but i still want him. i think i may have to try getting my hands on one of those packs

ZeoVGM
06-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Ooh, duh. San Diego.

I assume that means that the black and white Cap is SD05.

bluesuntrader
06-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Close up shot of the Red Skull from marvelous news. I think this looks like the best head sculpt of the Red Skull ever.

dantes_inferno
06-17-2009, 12:42 PM
am i crazy or does it say human torch? O_O

NerfTW
06-17-2009, 12:44 PM
It does. That's probably how the guy who put them up on ebay got the set, because it was a production error that was going to be thrown out.

DarkArtist
06-17-2009, 01:57 PM
i soooo want Red Skull but i'm not a huge fan of the other 3 figures well beside Cap. i really hope Hasbro re-releases Skull as a single carded version for regular retail (I sure they have enough Vogel bodies left over from the Indy line)

dantes_inferno
06-17-2009, 01:59 PM
i agree with dark artist, but i dont trust hasbro to not make us wait for a long time T_T

Beast
06-17-2009, 03:22 PM
i soooo want Red Skull but i'm not a huge fan of the other 3 figures well beside Cap. i really hope Hasbro re-releases Skull as a single carded version for regular retail (I sure they have enough Vogel bodies left over from the Indy line)
If they do a regular retail version of Red Skull, it'll probably won't be in his Nazi Uniform.

RooJay
06-18-2009, 01:55 AM
Vogel was released at retail, and he had his Nazi uniform.