PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Universe - 3 3/4" Figures!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

plasticfetish
06-18-2009, 02:28 AM
I'm kind of hoping for this version...

Beast
06-18-2009, 07:05 AM
I'm kind of hoping for this version...
Well, we can forget the cigarette holder... sadly.

But yeah, that would be cool to get.

DarkArtist
06-18-2009, 07:17 AM
If they do a regular retail version of Red Skull, it'll probably won't be in his Nazi Uniform.

why wouldn't they, if they can release Vogel and had plans for Toht from Indy, and 21 Century Toys can release German Soliders in SS uniforms, why not Hasbro. I wuld imagine they would be it would be a repaint of the figure

NerfTW
06-18-2009, 07:54 AM
I think he means because the black uniform is more clearly Nazi than the white one. But I don't think it would matter.

And it's not that they "can't" release it, it's that they won't, because Hasbro has made a policy of "no nazis" in it's toy lines. And children's toys retailers would most likely not carry any nazi themed toys either.

NerfTW
06-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Wave 5 case image, with full shot of Electro!

Beast
06-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Wave 5 case image, with full shot of Electro!
Niiiiiiice. Wish they showed the new running change version of Iron Fist.

AlecEiffel
06-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Sweet! My Daredevil got lost while the mrs. was on a cleaning spree and I havn't been able to find another, I'm glad he'll be in the new shipments.

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the pic. What version of Iron Man is that?

NerfTW
06-18-2009, 12:26 PM
It's "Silver Centurion", however it's using the design from a recent Marvel Adventures comic, not the classic one.

JediTricks
06-18-2009, 04:10 PM
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/9754-3/Marvel_70_Years_0017.jpg

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/9755-3/Marvel_70_Years_0063.jpg

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/gallery/d/9756-3/Marvel_Captain+America_PACK.jpg

SDCC pics! They look great!Good looking sets.

Gray Cap doesn't quite nail it for me, just because of the color of the card art, and I guess I was kinda expecting a patina to it. I also don't like the card art for Cap, something about that face bothers me, the eyes I think.

The Invaders looks cool, but Human Torch shouldn't have eyes. Red Skull on Vogel's body isn't great, but the head looks good. Namor looks really good, lanky and ripped. I hope the up-close shots don't betray failure on the paint wash though, it could really go either way.

NerfTW
06-18-2009, 04:22 PM
He doesn't have eyes.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Hasbro%2FMU_Fury_Files%2FSDCC%2FANT%2F&pic=DSC00767.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

ZeoVGM
06-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Niiiiiiice. Wish they showed the new running change version of Iron Fist.

Yeah, that and The Thing. You said there's a variant on the new Spider-Man in this wave as well, right, that one would be red/blue and one would be blue/black, packaged upside down?

Looks like the red/black one will be the variant, as it's the one not in the picture.

So it seems as if we'll have 8 figures coming with wave 5: 5 new figures and 3 variants.

Though I'm still confused about the wave 5 Spider-Man. If the red/black variant was it, that would make sense, as there's no red/black one in the line yet.

But that's the variant. And the main red/blue one looks identical to the running change/variant on the wave 1 Spidey.

Am I missing something? It looks like the same body and darker coloring of the variant.

ZeoVGM
06-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Also, yay for putting Iron Fist in this case. I lost his damned chi flame thingy.

I lost Wolverine's red sword too. And Sabretooth's club from XMO: Wolverine.

Damn cats.

NerfTW
06-18-2009, 04:37 PM
The wave breakdown is:

1x Silver Surfer
1x Daredevil
1x Iron Fist
1x Hulk (Grey Variant)
1x Red Hulk
2x Spider-Man (Red / Blue)
1x Sub Mariner
2x Iron Man (Silver Centurion)
1x Electro
1x Guardian

One assumes the Spider-man will actually be split between those two. The varient, from what I understood from Beast's(was it his?) post is on the new Spider-man figure, not the original.

ZeoVGM
06-18-2009, 08:16 PM
The varient, from what I understood from Beast's(was it his?) post is on the new Spider-man figure, not the original.

Yeah, I know that.

Dephigravity
06-19-2009, 06:01 PM
I think Electro looks pretty good but I'm hoping we see some non-Spidey related villains soon. Thanos, Mr Hyde, Mephisto, Mole Man, Ultron... just shooting some names out there. I get that Spider-man has a rogues gallery on par with Batman but it seems a bit skewed. Its just an observation I've had on the current line. Atleast with the Secret Wars packs will get to have a Magneto, Klaw, and Thunderball.

figrin bran
06-20-2009, 12:55 AM
I spotted the latest wave of WXM the other day with costumed Iceman and Logan in white.

Dephigravity
06-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Wave 3 Fury File codes are finally valid... No luck on Wave 4 though.

Beast
06-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Man, I'm having horrible luck with Wave 4.

Found a lone Moon Knight at Wally World. Then a lone Hobgoblin at TRU.

NerfTW
06-20-2009, 05:23 PM
That SciFiGenres link you gave a ways back for wave four wound up not getting their entire shipment in. My order's been on backorder for weeks now. I don't think they'll get that wave in again. :cry:

ZeoVGM
06-20-2009, 06:15 PM

Found a lone Moon Knight at Wally World. Then a lone Hobgoblin at TRU.

Here in Mass, I saw Blade once at Target or Walmart (forgot which) and Union Jack at my local comic shop, but didn't pick them up. Now they're gone. :[

Has anyone seen anything from the Iron Man: Armored Adventures line? It should be out anytime now.

bluesuntrader
06-20-2009, 10:21 PM
He doesn't have eyes.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Hasbro%2FMU_Fury_Files%2FSDCC%2FANT%2F&pic=DSC00767.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

Toro was the invader human torch. and in the comics he did not have eyes.

Rocketboy
06-20-2009, 10:25 PM

Found a lone Moon Knight at Wally World. Then a lone Hobgoblin at TRU.They had a bunch of that wave at the Bay City Meijer's (Wilder Rd) last week. Haven't been there since so I'm not sure what they have left.

NerfTW
06-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Toro was the invader human torch. and in the comics he did not have eyes.

Um, yes? That's what I said. I was pointing out to Jedi Tricks that the initial pictures of the figure that appeared to show eyes was just a trick of the light, and the actual figure is properly eyeless.

Also, Toro is the original Torch's sidekick. The android was on the original Invaders team.

DarkArtist
06-21-2009, 10:40 AM
i have to say i'm sort upset with Hasbro and the Nick Fury figure. $24.99 for a 3 month online comic subscription in order to get the figure.... i think it's insane, why can't they have the option for those of us who do not want the subscription to be able to order the figure and without at a reasonable price. now i forced to either do one of the following options:

1.) spend the $24.99 and get both the subscription and the figure.
2.) pay a scalper on ebay or at a convention an insane price tag for the figure
3.) go without Nick Fury until they either decide to release him or just pass on him all together.

Beast
06-21-2009, 12:03 PM
Honestly, the $24.99 thing isn't that big a deal for me.

That's cheaper than what buying 6 more figures to mail away for him would be.

Or if they made the offer part of the comic packs, like they did with G.I. Joe's Doc.... even more.

Plus it's access to some free comics for 3 months. Some that are expensive to purchase.

NerfTW
06-21-2009, 12:10 PM
Not to mention, if you're capable of buying the subscription and figure offer, why on earth would you spend "insane prices" on Ebay instead of just the $30 to get him normally?

Also, he will very likely be out in a different form next year, simply because there's a Shield agent using the same body they showed on the slides way back at SDCC last year.

candyman951
06-21-2009, 05:53 PM
does anyone know what the hasbro booth number will be at sdcc? they are the first booth i want to get to opening day.

Rocketboy
06-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Honestly, the $24.99 thing isn't that big a deal for me.

That's cheaper than what buying 6 more figures to mail away for him would be.At least that way you'd have 6 more figures.

bluesuntrader
06-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Um, yes? That's what I said. I was pointing out to Jedi Tricks that the initial pictures of the figure that appeared to show eyes was just a trick of the light, and the actual figure is properly eyeless.

Also, Toro is the original Torch's sidekick. The android was on the original Invaders team.

Forgive me.. i was not trying to be a smart ***, and yes your correct.

JediTricks
06-22-2009, 02:41 PM
He doesn't have eyes.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Hasbro%2FMU_Fury_Files%2FSDCC%2FANT%2F&pic=DSC00767.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0The card art does. But it's keen to see the figure itself is more accurate.

does anyone know what the hasbro booth number will be at sdcc? they are the first booth i want to get to opening day.HasbroToyShop's misery booth has been located at 3329 for the last few years, roughly across from the regular Hasbro booth. Except to get skunked every day. Last year they had to halfassedly implement a ticket system midway through the first day, as Preview Night was a total disaster.

ZeoVGM
06-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Hi-res photos of wave 5, minus Namor.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?itemid=12270

Looking great, but I'm still confused. So that's the red/black Spider-Man, but there is also a red/blue one. Not sure which one is the variant now.

And it doesn't look metallic, so what's the difference between the red/blue one in this line and the darker running change from wave 1?

dantes_inferno
06-22-2009, 07:20 PM
yeah i think ill be passing on most of wave 5. i MAY pick up an electro if i find it in passing, but other than that, none tickle my fancy

RooJay
06-23-2009, 02:13 AM
At least that way you'd have 6 more figures.

Exactly - six more figures I would have been buying anyway.

Although, I do admire the fact that they are trying to tie the comic stories to these figures and use them to try and generate interest in the source material. Just would have much preferred that they were actual comics, rather than this digital nonsense.

Re. Wave 5 - I really don't dig paint washes on my figures since they are so easy to screw up in production. Hopefully these will be pulled off properly here.

ZeoVGM
06-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Exactly - six more figures I would have been buying anyway.

Although, I do admire the fact that they are trying to tie the comic stories to these figures and use them to try and generate interest in the source material. Just would have much preferred that they were actual comics, rather than this digital nonsense.

Re. Wave 5 - I really don't dig paint washes on my figures since they are so easy to screw up in production. Hopefully these will be pulled off properly here.

It's not nonsense at all. It's a great/cheap way to catch up on back issues.

NerfTW
06-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Personally, I see this as no different than any other type of mail in offer. And it cross sells and promotes a new service that I would like to see take off. The ability to read old comics in digital form is a great way to both catch up on things you never read, or sample series you normally wouldn't. (She-Hulk is surprisingly well written)

I think people have to look at it from the new collector's standpoint. (or lapsed after the 90's bankruptcy fiasco collectors, as it were) $25 for 3 months is far cheaper than buying every trade paperback to figure out just who this Vulcan character is, or decide if they want to dig further into the Ultimate Marvel universe, or just to check out the really old origin issues. Not everyone has collected every book that's come out since 1963.

Also, I don't doubt that Nick Fury will re-appear in some form, probably as another exclusive.

bluesuntrader
06-23-2009, 10:24 AM
I agree that Nick fury will be available sometime down the line. Remember some marvel legends that were impossible to find like Kang the Conqueror, and then he was later down the line.

I bought the figure with the comics deal. I have always wanted to read the exiles, and it looks like they have them from the very beginning. I will say that i really prefer to read the actual comic or trade, but hey this works!

NerfTW
06-23-2009, 01:41 PM
CTR has their interview up (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbro_Marvel_Universe_Exclusive_Interview_124505. asp), along with pictures of the Gigantic Battles packs and some interesting news.

Also, the reason for the Wolverine differences is that they wanted the Wolverine line to have the definitive version, and the MU version to be re-usable as other characters.

Also, more Wolverine waves to come, but we already knew that, I think.

Beast
06-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Great interview.

Nice to finally see more detail on the Gigantic Battles packs. Bucky Cap looks awesome!

Can't wait for SDCC. Need to get some more figure news and soon.

Also, very pleased that they mentioned Rocket Raccoon. He will be mine! :D

Beast
06-23-2009, 02:31 PM
It appears that the XMO: Wolverine Deluxe Packs are turning up overseas.

And there's a 5th pack we weren't aware of until now. That's pretty cool.

Astonishing X-Men Wolverine w/ Removable Mask & Colossus.

Colossus works like Blob, in that he's basically a big Thrower for Wolvie.

Kinda cool in this case though, let's you give Wolvie a variant of the Fastball Special.

ZeoVGM
06-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Haha. I get so giddy when new pictures are released, like a kid. But I'm at work and it's busy as hell, so I'm trying to look at pictures during the 5 seconds between calls.

Are those the first figures from Ellis' current Astonishing run?

Beast
06-23-2009, 03:41 PM
It's a bit of a combo. It's the Whedon Astonishing X-Men costume for Wolvie.

And a shirtless version of the Ellis Astonishing X-Men costume on Colossus.

ZeoVGM
06-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Looks like we're getting a Goliath variant too on the Gigantic Battles set. Awesome.

Damn, that Cap is great too.

Beast
06-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Looks like we're getting a Goliath variant too on the Gigantic Battles set. Awesome.

Damn, that Cap is great too.
Yeah, my Bro will be happy. He'll get the extra Iron Man from the Variant pack. Hehe.

ZeoVGM
06-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Remember, that Iron Man is different: winged version.

Curto:
Some of the deco changes that you've done have been included in the numbering. Iron Man has had two different figures that are just different colors (modern red & yellow, stealth blue). Is this something that going to continue, and why the distinction? I realize there will be several different Spider-Man figures (but please say NO to Scuba-Spidey in this line!)

George:
(laughs) I think the general rule of thumb is that numbering is different only if the product and the package have both changed. In wave 1, there are two different Iron Man figures: different numbers, different cardbacks, different artwork, different deco. But on Ronin, the deco was the only thing that changed, from charcoal grey to black. You'll probably still see a bit of both going forward.

What's this about? Is there a Ronin variant?

Beast
06-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah, but if I buy both Giant Mans... I don't need both Iron Mans.

And yeah, apperantly there's a Ronin variant. Not sure if he's out yet.

dantes_inferno
06-23-2009, 07:15 PM
god....O_O i WILL have that bucky cap!!

and the new wolvie pack, if colossus was more articulated, id get one if i could

ZeoVGM
06-23-2009, 09:16 PM
The Colossus and Blob figures don't bother me, as they're basically there as accessories, like the stasis chamber, motorcycle, and rocket launcher from the other packs. I would only be bothered if those were single carded figures.

RooJay
06-24-2009, 01:33 AM
It's not nonsense at all. It's a great/cheap way to catch up on back issues.

It's not nonsense to you. To those of us not interested in catching up on these back issues (especially not when they can only be read off of a computer screen) it really is quite nonsensical.

$25 for 3 months is far cheaper than buying every trade paperback to figure out just who this Vulcan character is...

Ha! Why would anyone want to do that? ;)

I'm not a fan of Bucky Cap, but that is a cool looking figure that I look forward to owning!
Interesting. I had assumed that he Gigantic Battles Giant Man would be a slightly retooled version of the Toy Biz Giant Man BAF, but this one looks like they're using the Icons Cyclops tool. Anyone know how the Icons figures stack up scale-wise against the Giant Man BAF?

Also, has anyone seen the Wolverine deluxe at retail? Are these still on the way? That Colossus is pretty cool looking despite the lack of articulation!

Beast
06-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Haven't spotted the Deluxe at retail yet. Should be any day now though.

Especially if they're turning up in Singapore right now.

ZeoVGM
06-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Updated the Marvel Universe (toyline) Wiki with the Gigantic Battles info.

S0undw4v3
06-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi guys, I'm new here and I've been following this thread for a while. Thought it was time to finally join up.

As far as the big figure packs, that Bucky Cap looks amazing. My only concern with those is that they are Wal-Mart exclusives and as some of you may know Wal-Mart exclusives are hard to come by. At least for me they are. Never had a problem with Toys R Us nor Target, but all 3 Wal-Marts in my area never carry the exclusives.

Also, has anyone seen the black paint Ronin yet?

Finally, do you guys open your Marvel U figures or keep em sealed?

I'm debating whether to open the rest of my figures or keep em boxed up.

Good to be here! :thumbsup:

NerfTW
06-24-2009, 12:17 PM
I think I was looking a black Ronin just yesterday and didn't even realize it.

RooJay
06-25-2009, 02:03 AM
Hi guys, I'm new here and I've been following this thread for a while. Thought it was time to finally join up.

Welcome aboard!

As far as the big figure packs, that Bucky Cap looks amazing. My only concern with those is that they are Wal-Mart exclusives and as some of you may know Wal-Mart exclusives are hard to come by. At least for me they are. Never had a problem with Toys R Us nor Target, but all 3 Wal-Marts in my area never carry the exclusives.

Oh yeah...I'd forgot about that. Well...at least we have all those pretty pictures of them on the internet! Here I was expecting to someday own them.

...I hate Wal-Mart...

Finally, do you guys open your Marvel U figures or keep em sealed?

I'm debating whether to open the rest of my figures or keep em boxed up.

Good to be here! :thumbsup:

How can you play with your toys if you never open them? If you just really like how they look all snuggled up in their little cardboard and plastic prisons, I imagine it's cool to keep them packaged. If you're expecting them to be highly valuable investments someday, you might as well go ahead and open them. I can almost guarantee that few mass market figures nowadays will ever be worth more than you could get for them on eBay within the first few weeks, months if you're lucky, of their release; in which case you wouldn't be so much collecting them, as you would be stocking your eBay store.

candyman951
06-25-2009, 02:09 AM
The card art does. But it's keen to see the figure itself is more accurate.

HasbroToyShop's misery booth has been located at 3329 for the last few years, roughly across from the regular Hasbro booth. Except to get skunked every day. Last year they had to halfassedly implement a ticket system midway through the first day, as Preview Night was a total disaster.

Thanks Jedi. Do you know if they listed a price for the invader or even the frozen Cap?

NerfTW
06-25-2009, 09:29 AM
All of Wave 4 except Hobgoblin are back up for pre-order (July 15) on the Hasbro Toy Shop.

Beast
06-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Well, if you're not a fan of the Launcher Colossus...

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3175

Looks like a regular version is coming soon in the XMO: Wolverine line.

And a crappy repaint of the Movie Logan in a white shirt instead of tan.

NerfTW
06-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Neat!

That's one ugly face sculpt. Thank god there's the much nicer one in the Marvel Universe line that they showed way back when. I wonder when it's coming out?

And I love that he comes with what looks like Thor's hammer.

ZeoVGM
06-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Well, if you're not a fan of the Launcher Colossus...

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3175

Looks like a regular version is coming soon in the XMO: Wolverine line.

And a crappy repaint of the Movie Logan in a white shirt instead of tan.

Isn't it the wave 1 (comic series) Logan but with the head sculpt from the wave 2 (movie series) Logan/Wolvie figures?

Beast
06-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Isn't it the wave 1 (comic series) Logan but with the head sculpt from the wave 2 (movie series) Logan/Wolvie figures?
Oh, wait. I guess you're right.

Heh. Shows how much I care about Logan figures, don't it. :D

TheGreyGhost
06-26-2009, 07:46 PM
So I'm just going to come out and ask.

Is there any place besides Ebay I should end up looking at to get these SDCC exclusives? I really want them when they come, but I hate going through Ebay.

Thanks guys.

Beast
06-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Hasbro Toy Shop.

ZeoVGM
06-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Oh, wait. I guess you're right.

Heh. Shows how much I care about Logan figures, don't it. :D

Do you realize how much more I'd love the XMO line if they built them exactly like MU? Then we would already have versions of Maverick and Sabretooth and Gambit.

But now, even though I have the XMO line, I'm hoping they redo them in the MU line.

I hope with the obvious Iron Man 2 line, they simply do extra MU figures under the Iron Man 2 moniker.

Beast
06-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I really hate the articulation choices of the XMOW line.

There are some real gems in the line though. Sabretooth especially.

JediTricks
06-27-2009, 12:42 AM
Thanks Jedi. Do you know if they listed a price for the invader or even the frozen Cap?I don't know of any pricing yet, there are no official prices from anything HTS on the SDCC site yet.

Beast
06-27-2009, 12:46 AM
Cap will probably be $12.99 if he runs the same price as the SDCC Luke.

Haven't heard anything on the boxset yet. And hard to judge.

bluesuntrader
06-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Picked up ICEMAN from the Wolverine Origins line yesterday. I am not sure if i like it or not. The sucker was hard enough for me to find that i can tell you.

I am thinking i might want the version from the upcoming spiderman and his amazing friends 3 pack.

What do you guys think fo the wolverine origins version?

NerfTW
06-28-2009, 02:10 PM
I love it, considering his hands are posed for shooting ice beams. The MU one in the Amazing Friends pack just uses the regular Punisher body. I think. It's the one with the wide open hand that can't hold anything. Imagine the Moon Knight figure with Ice-man's head. Also, he's in the snow version, not the transparent ice version.

Any future one would probably be similar, unless they debut a normal body with hands posed like the Extremis Iron Man.

bluesuntrader
06-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I guess your right. I have warmed up to him. I keep'em.

VexOrdo
07-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Just finally got so annoyed with my Maverick figure that I took an X-acto knife and cut his hands. Now he can properly grip his guns and it improved the figure 100%, now if I could just get Deadpool's hands closed up more I'd be a happy camper :love:

JediTricks
07-02-2009, 02:39 AM
Saw both Ms. Marvels at Target today. Not impressed, pretty generic stuff.

Beast
07-02-2009, 05:17 PM
The Hasbro Marvel Q&A's are starting to trickle in now.
One of them confirms Mohawk Storm for the Secret Wars Comic 2-Packs. Yay!!

ActionFigs:

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3200

Fwoosh:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/07/ask-hasbro-marvel-729

Action Figure Pics:

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2009/07/afp%e2%80%99s-hasbro-marvel-qa-roundup-729

Kastor's Corner:

http://kastorskorner.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=312&Itemid=62

Cool Toy Review:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_Marvel_Comics_QA_The_Answers_122891.asp

Action Figure Insider:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=3771

ZeoVGM
07-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Saw both Ms. Marvels at Target today. Not impressed, pretty generic stuff.

Generic? What would make a Ms. Marvel action figure something other than generic exactly?

Beast
07-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Generic? What would make a Ms. Marvel action figure something other than generic exactly?
Yeah, wasn't sure what he meant by that either. It looks like comics Ms. Marvel.

ZeoVGM
07-02-2009, 09:12 PM
My only problem with her is that her hair gets in the way of posing for the modern costume. BUt there's not much they can do unless I want the hair all behind her.

RooJay
07-03-2009, 01:54 AM
That Iron Man: Armored Adventures mandarin figure will make for a pretty excellent Baron Karza sub in my Marvel Universe collection! Now if only we could get Hasbro to do Bug...

figrin bran
07-03-2009, 02:24 AM
Ms. Marvel may be "generic" for some but great custom fodder for me. I've bought 3 of the Modern versions. I'm actually using her for DC customs because there aren't any DC 3.75" figures. ;)

ZeoVGM
07-03-2009, 04:05 AM
You know, I'm glad we're getting one of those red/black Spidey costume variants in wave 5, but I hope that's it for the main costume (unless they do it in the superior black costume body -- it looks like wave 5's Spidey uses the old inferior one for some reason).

I'm a big Spidey fan, so I want to see some obscure figures. Sure, throw in Iron Spidey and Spidey 2099, but I wanna see armored Spidey, Cosmic Spidey, Spider-Carnage, and some REALLY obscure stuff like Spider-Phoenix. That'd be fun.

Hell, we have a Hulk figure, so give us a Spider-Hulk variant.

They'd all sell too simply because they're Spider-Man.

Dephigravity
07-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Has anyone else heard anything back on their Nick Fury figures yet? My check for shipping and handling hasn't cleared yet. I know it takes up to 8 weeks but I am not gonna be happy if after 8 weeks I find out my check was lost in the mail and now they are out of figures....

NerfTW
07-03-2009, 11:26 AM
"six to eight weeks" isn't because it takes that long to process. What they do is hang on to the checks until they have enough to do a bulk mailing, cash the checks, and send out the figures in bulk. So we should start seeing them being sent out soonish.

Dephigravity
07-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks Nerf... I've never sent away for anything other than ebay stuff so again thanks for the head's up.

NerfTW
07-03-2009, 12:19 PM
No prob. I only figured it out when I wondered why in this day and age there were still "six to eight weeks for delivery" lines on mail in offers.

JediTricks
07-03-2009, 05:22 PM
The body design reminds me more of Mattel's DCIH line than anything, no personality in the face sculpt, body is awkward proportions and simple sculpted lines, an incredibly oddly done bust and torso. It also has ugly shoulders and hips.

ZeoVGM
07-04-2009, 02:05 AM
I hope they do a variant of Guardian which uses his Dark X-Men red costume. Same with Namor. Now that they have a version of him coming out, they can do a Dark X-Men variant.

NerfTW
07-04-2009, 08:30 AM
A Dark X-men pack would be awesome. :thumbsup:

Beast
07-06-2009, 08:00 AM
We now have prices for the 2 SDCC Exclusives. Less than I expected. :)

Marvel Universe - Captain America
Super Soldier is Marvel Universe #0! Featuring special edition grey scale deco, this Captain America looks like he's straight out of the headlines of the 1940's! Showcasing the stunning artwork of Joe Quesada, this classic Cap is "frozen" in time and packaged on a single card for you to take home. Price: $9.99 Production Run: TBA

Marvel Universe - 3 3/4 70th Anniversary Box Set
The Invaders are here! Celebrating 70 years of rich comic history, this exclusive box set pays tribute to a classic super team and four timeless Marvel characters. Featuring all original artwork by none other than Joe Quesada, each set includes four separate single carded figures: Captain America, the Original Human Torch, Prince Namor and the Red Skull. Sealed with a commemorative 70th anniversary magnet and stuffed with 4 "top secret" War Dept. files, you won't want to miss this one! Price: $39.99 Production Run: TBA

JediTricks
07-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Is it my imagination, or are those prices downright reasonable for SDCC exclusives?

El Chuxter
07-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Reasonable? For SDCC and Hasbro, that's like a clearance sale!

NerfTW
07-06-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm shocked. :shocked:

dantes_inferno
07-06-2009, 09:33 PM
i want that invaders pack...but my girlfriend is moving in with me and she said no more toys T_T

VexOrdo
07-07-2009, 09:59 PM
i want that invaders pack...but my girlfriend is moving in with me and she said no more toys T_T
Wow, I am so sorry. You should just do it behind her back, what harm is a pack of Invaders gonna do?

NerfTW
07-07-2009, 10:00 PM
He should just dump her. That's what I'm doing. Frees up so much room for toys. :thumbsup:

candyman951
07-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Btw thanks for the pricing beast. Now I have a reasonable idea of how much I should save for that day.

dantes_inferno
07-07-2009, 11:40 PM
HA!!! candyman that was hilarious...and yeah, i wont be dumping her, and she always finds out when i try to do something behind her back, so im left with trying to convince her

ZeoVGM
07-08-2009, 01:29 AM

Oh **** that. You tell her, "*****, deal with my hobbies or you don't get none of this tonight". Then punch her.

Beast
07-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Oh **** that. You tell her, "*****, deal with my hobbies or you don't get none of this tonight". Then punch her.
Who is he... Hank Pym? :D

Beast
07-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Curto over on CTR just got a new rumor list. Figured it would give us something to talk about until SDCC later in the month, since we're all waiting for real news. A lot of good stuff on it. The Secret Wars packs especially are hopefully true, since they're all new figures. Can't wait for a lot of figures on the list. :)

I received a new rumor list last night for everyone to to start debating:

Older rumor list "confirmations" (remember, this is not official):
- Warpath
- Spider-Man (House of M)

New rumor list:
- Iron Man (Exremis Armor)
- Captain America
- Winter Soldier
- Classic Bucky
- Black Widow
- Modern Thor

Secret Wars Comic Packs:
- Thor & Enchantress
- Hawkeye & Piledriver
- Reed Richards & Ultron

Take it all with a grain of salt, of course...especially this close to Comic-Con. But for now, enjoy the speculation!
Winter Soldier's already been confirmed of course, since he won the Fan Choice Poll.

As a reminder, here's the previous rumor list that came out a while back...

Vision
Sunfire
Jean Grey (No idea what version)
Warpath (maybe X-Force ver. to go w/ the Wolvie)
Wolv (Maybe anoher version?)
SM House (House of M Spidey?)
Sub Mariner
Spdmn VA??
Cyclops
Beast

NerfTW
07-08-2009, 02:59 PM
And we know about Modern Thor from last year's SDCC.

And can someone tell me what the difference is between the Iron man we got and the Extremis armor? I thought that was Extremis.

bluesuntrader
07-08-2009, 09:21 PM
We now have prices for the 2 SDCC Exclusives. Less than I expected. :)

Marvel Universe - Captain America
Super Soldier is Marvel Universe #0! Featuring special edition grey scale deco, this Captain America looks like he's straight out of the headlines of the 1940's! Showcasing the stunning artwork of Joe Quesada, this classic Cap is "frozen" in time and packaged on a single card for you to take home. Price: $9.99 Production Run: TBA

Marvel Universe - 3 3/4 70th Anniversary Box Set
The Invaders are here! Celebrating 70 years of rich comic history, this exclusive box set pays tribute to a classic super team and four timeless Marvel characters. Featuring all original artwork by none other than Joe Quesada, each set includes four separate single carded figures: Captain America, the Original Human Torch, Prince Namor and the Red Skull. Sealed with a commemorative 70th anniversary magnet and stuffed with 4 "top secret" War Dept. files, you won't want to miss this one! Price: $39.99 Production Run: TBA

What site did you find these prices at?

Never mind i saw them at marvelous news... sorry bout that!

RooJay
07-09-2009, 01:00 AM
Also, didn't they recently confirm the Jim Lee style Jean Grey in one of the Q&As?

candyman951
07-09-2009, 01:28 AM
What site did you find these prices at?

Never mind i saw them at marvelous news... sorry bout that!

They are also up on the comic con website along with other non hasbro exclusives.

NerfTW
07-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Also, didn't they recently confirm the Jim Lee style Jean Grey in one of the Q&As?

Yeah:

A 90's style Jean Grey! That's crazy talk! But we like it..

That does seem to confirm it's at least on their radar somewhere. I'm keeping my hopes up. :D

Beast
07-09-2009, 09:32 AM
I hope she indeed is on the way. But I know the ML fans will cause a huge stink.

They've been asking for a 90's Jean Grey for ages. So yeah....

Hoping to get 90's Cyclops and a comparable Ape Beast as well. :D

candyman951
07-10-2009, 11:43 AM
"six to eight weeks" isn't because it takes that long to process. What they do is hang on to the checks until they have enough to do a bulk mailing, cash the checks, and send out the figures in bulk. So we should start seeing them being sent out soonish. i saw that my check cleared yesterday. I am so excited, hopefully no one steals the package from my porch. :bandit:

Zalis
07-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Well, I was going to try and stay away from this collection, seeing as I collect the Eaglemoss Classic Marvel Figurine Collection figurines already, but a buddy of mine ended up picking up the two Spider-Man figures for me, and now I'm hooked. I'm intending on leaving these in the package, and was just wondering if anyone knew if those "star cases" fit these figures.

NerfTW
07-10-2009, 02:25 PM
We have another convert!!

One of us. One of us. One of us. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0)

Beast
07-10-2009, 02:35 PM
*Chuckles*

Would anyone with a printer mind doing me a solid?

I need to send for my Nick Fury figure. But I don't have a printer for the order form. If you'd PM me, and could do me the favor of sending me the order form... I'd really appreciate it. We can discuss things via PM.

Dephigravity
07-10-2009, 07:17 PM
mine cleared too! woohoo!

NerfTW
07-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Same here. Looks like we might get them over the next two weeks.

ZeoVGM
07-10-2009, 10:33 PM
So I've decided instead of doing variants of characters like Guardian and such, the next wave of Comic Packs (which could come out in like spring 2010, since the final Secret Wars packs come out in early 2010) should be based on Dark X-Men.

But for this, they should be three-packs and each should be packaged with an issue of Dark X-Men: The Beginning, which is a three-issue miniseries that just started to come out. It explains the back story on how Norman got his Dark X-Men team together.

It could be one wave released all at once:

Dark X-Men: The Beginning #1
Namor
Mimic
Dark Beast

Dark X-Men: The Beginning #2
Wolverine (Daken)
Cloak
Dagger

Dark X-Men: The Beginning #3
Emma Frost
Professor X
Weapon Omega

RooJay
07-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Conversely, if they do Contest of Champions in the next wave of comic packs we could finally get figures of Shamrock, Arabian Knight, Sabra, Le Peregrine, and Darkstar!

Seriously - I'm down with either Civil War, Marvel Zombies, and House of M as well.

NerfTW
07-11-2009, 08:12 AM
I think they should do a "Greatest Battles" or "Mortal Enemies" series, where you get a hero and a villian.

I wonder what they'll do? It won't be like Star Wars, where you can grab any old comic and stick figures in the pack and call it unique, since EVERY Marvel character is from comics.

OOOOOH!!!!!

Maybe Infinity Gauntlet? (That's the first, right?) We could get Thanos, Warlock, and more obscure guys like his team there... Infinity Watch?

Dephigravity
07-11-2009, 10:56 AM
I agree with ya Nerf maybe add in Mistress Death and Mephisto!

bluesuntrader
07-12-2009, 08:35 PM
So who is your favorite marvel universe so far in your collection?

Mine is Moon Knight. This version blows away the legends version

figrin bran
07-12-2009, 10:51 PM
So who is your favorite marvel universe so far in your collection?

Mine is Moon Knight. This version blows away the legends version

Captain America and Modern Iron Man.

Rocketboy
07-12-2009, 11:02 PM
The Punisher or The Punisher, since that's all I have.

candyman951
07-13-2009, 03:15 AM
Umm... Although they need touch ups, I think it's between ms. Marvel modern and Cap.

gooeychicken
07-13-2009, 04:17 AM
Been lurker for quite a while, finally decided to get in on this. So, hello all!

My favorite MU fig right now is Hob Gobby though I would prefer his legs to be more movable. That or Ult. Capt.

AlecEiffel
07-13-2009, 01:00 PM
I have yet to even see any wave 4 figures.

candyman951
07-14-2009, 04:01 AM
the only one from wave 4 i can't find is Rulk.... =[

Zalis
07-14-2009, 09:00 PM
I have yet to even see any wave 4 figures.

Yeah, I saw all of them at Walmart one night, and passed on them, as I wasn't going to get into this line. Now that I'm buying these, I'm regretting passing these up. :upset:

DarkArtist
07-15-2009, 06:29 PM
just placed an order for Union Jack on HTS along with some Rise of Cobra figures as well.

Beast
07-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Carded pics of Wave 5 have turned up on Smalljoes.Com.

Really liking the wave. But the Spider-Man still has be scratching my head.

figrin bran
07-16-2009, 12:35 AM
I guess wave 5 Spidey is for the packaging variant collectors?

Can't wait for wave 5!

RooJay
07-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Aww man! that Guardian is SO awesome!!! Hopefully I won't have to wait too long in order to fill in the rest of Alpha Flight's roster!

S0undw4v3
07-16-2009, 01:29 AM
Okay, All of these repaints and variants of the same figure have ****ed me off. I'm just going to start grabbing the figures I want. I was picking every figure up but its too much money at this rate.

NerfTW
07-16-2009, 08:08 AM
Aw, the Spidey does not look as cool as I was hoping. I guess they didn't want to push the bubble forward to get the right look.

Beast
07-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Okay, All of these repaints and variants of the same figure have ****ed me off. I'm just going to start grabbing the figures I want. I was picking every figure up but its too much money at this rate.
Honestly, I really don't see the problem here. The running changes have been comic accurate, such as with the darker color Spider-Man and the Negative Zone Human Torch and The Thing. As for the Silver Centurion Iron Man repaint, it may not be comic accurate for the 616 one. But it does approximate the Marvel Adventures one. And hey, with Iron Man 2 coming up, we'll probably get an accurate one then.

Beast
07-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Aww man! that Guardian is SO awesome!!! Hopefully I won't have to wait too long in order to fill in the rest of Alpha Flight's roster!
Well, we know they're fans. And a couple members of Alpha Flight was on the recent 70th Anniversary Poll, if I recall correctly. I wouldn't mind seeing them do a Comic 2-Pack next year with Northstar and Aurora myself. That might be a good place for Sasquatch also, maybe paired with Puck so that they can do Sassy nice and big. That would be cool. But I agree, bring on Alpha Flight, Guardians of the Galaxy, and other less mainstream teams.

NerfTW
07-16-2009, 08:34 AM
I don't even see that many varients. We've had, what, one Spider-man variant and one Human Torch variant? And as for repaints, well, the whole line is repaints.

ZeoVGM
07-16-2009, 09:36 AM
This line looks awesome, but damn I am confused about that Spider-Man. Even Hasbro said it was supposed to be red/black, and even the artwork shows it as red/black.

.. But the figure is red/blue.

NerfTW
07-16-2009, 09:38 AM
I think that's just the packaging variant of the original. The actual one from the wave is red/black, and packed normally, I'd assume.

Or so that's how I understood it....

*confused as well*

Beast
07-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Looks like the Negative Zone running change for The Thing is turning up now.

Ash Talon elsewhere found him at Target. Part of Wave 4.2, I guess.

ZeoVGM
07-18-2009, 02:47 AM
Ah, cool. Time to be on the lookout.

DarkArtist
07-18-2009, 07:49 AM
picked up Hobgoblin and Moon Knight yesterday in Walmart. both figures look great. this line is really amazing...here's hoping that Hasbro keeps up the good work for years to come

ZeoVGM
07-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Less than a week until we see the future of the line, by the way.

ZeoVGM
07-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow, someone found the TRU-exclusive three-packs! I thought these were not going to be out until the fall.

http://one-18th.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=271

Pictures there.

Maradona
07-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Wow, someone found the TRU-exclusive three-packs! I thought these were not going to be out until the fall.

http://one-18th.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=271

Pictures there.

On the SHIELD agent, is that a head of one of the Hulk Buster figures from last year's Hulk line?

Zalis
07-19-2009, 01:16 AM
Those three packs look absolutely awesome. I cannot wait to get them.

I've been toy hunting since Friday night, and here is what I have scored so far (Just started collecting):

Spider-Man
Black Spider-Man
Hulk (Green)
Blade
Moon Knight
Hand Ninja
Union Jack
Ronin
Iron Man Classic
Iron Man Stealth
Human Torch (Normal)
Thing
Punisher (Modern)

I also found Hobgoblin, however, it had a Hand Ninja's head on it instead of Hobgoblin's head. I don't know if it was a factory mess up, but I could not justify buying it.

Going to resume toy hunting in a couple weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more on my next run. :bandit:

ZeoVGM
07-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Those three packs look absolutely awesome. I cannot wait to get them.

I've been toy hunting since Friday night, and here is what I have scored so far (Just started collecting):

Spider-Man
Black Spider-Man
Hulk (Green)
Blade
Moon Knight
Hand Ninja
Union Jack
Ronin
Iron Man Classic
Iron Man Stealth
Human Torch (Normal)
Thing
Punisher (Modern)

I also found Hobgoblin, however, it had a Hand Ninja's head on it instead of Hobgoblin's head. I don't know if it was a factory mess up, but I could not justify buying it.

Going to resume toy hunting in a couple weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more on my next run. :bandit:

Haha, got any in-package pics of that Hobgoblin?

Zalis
07-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Haha, got any in-package pics of that Hobgoblin?

No, I didn't think to take any photos of it at the time. Sorry dude.

Beast
07-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Cool Toy Review seems to be dropping hints to what we'll see at SDCC.
I've figured out most of them. But maybe someone can figure the others.

Here's what I have so far. 03 is confusing...

01 - Thor (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif01.jpg)
02 - Galactus (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif02.jpg)
03 - Back To The Future? The hell?? (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif03.jpg)
04 - Doctor Doom (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif04.jpg)
05 - Howard The Duck (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif05.jpg)
06 - Sunfire (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif06.jpg)
07 - Rocket Raccoon (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif07.pg)
08 - Captain Mar-Vell (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif08.jpg)
09 - Foolkiller (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif09.jpg)
10 - Martinex (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif10.jpg)
11 - Invisible Woman (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif11.jpg)
12 - Beyonder (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif12.jpg)
13 - Watcher (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif13.jpg)
14 - Sasquatch (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif14.jpg)
15 - Captain Britian (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif15.jpg)
16 - Wolverine (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif16.jpg)
17 - Morph (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif17.jpg)
18 - Killraven (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif18.jpg)
19 - Doctor Zero (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif19.jpg)
20 - Death Head's II (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif20.jpg)
21 - Cable (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif21.jpg)
22 - Rom The Spaceknight (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif22.jpg)

Duffman
07-19-2009, 07:05 PM
20 - http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/...MUwhatif20.jpg (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/...MUwhatif20.jpg)

That's Death Head II

Duffman
07-19-2009, 07:10 PM
14 - http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/...MUwhatif14.jpg

Sasquatch (cover to Alpha Flight Vol. 1 #10)

Duffman
07-19-2009, 07:14 PM
03 - Back To The Future? The hell?? (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro/MarvelUniverse/interview/MUwhatif03.jpg)

Shield Flying Car....maybe?

Beast
07-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Thanks Duffman. Just 2 more to figure out then.

And yeah, I thought maybe that's what 3 meant.

#19 makes me wanna say Dr. Strange. But I dunno..... it looks off.

Zalis
07-19-2009, 07:23 PM
*Edit* Originally thought 14 to be Fin Fang Foom, but then saw that it had been confirmed to be Sasquatch.

Duffman
07-19-2009, 07:29 PM
09 looks to be linked to Doctor Doom (04) pic

El Chuxter
07-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Death's Head II? I'm not collecting these, but would kill for Death's Head to display with my Transformers. Only the original need apply, though.

Beast
07-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Ok, the big mystery of #19 has been cleared up. It's Doctor Zero.

Can't get much more obsure than him.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/drzerosl.htm

ZeoVGM
07-20-2009, 08:21 PM
If they are really planning on going as obscure as Doctor Zero, that would be awesome.

El Chuxter
07-20-2009, 08:33 PM
They should release Billy Ocean in this line. That would be awesome.

Maradona
07-21-2009, 01:19 AM
They should release Billy Ocean in this line. That would be awesome.

I just remembered that video of his where he goes to the equivalent of the Mos Eisley Cantina looking for a girl.

RooJay
07-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Death's Head II?! Come on! Not even I can get behind that one in place of the original!

Odie91
07-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Hey guys, new around here. Absolutely love the Marvel Universe figures and I can't wait to see what to expect in the next year at SDCC.

I'm crossing my fingers for a couple more classic Avengers like Vision and Scarlet Witch. I'm guessing we'll be seeing Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman in the next year. Hopefully a couple more X-Men (Rogue, Storm, Nightcrawler!)

I'm still waiting for my Fury and I haven't been able to track down a Grey Hulk yet, but otherwise I've got every other figure, but I can't make it to San Diego this year so I was wondering when the links on hasbrotoyshop.com usually go up? Do the pages just appear on Monday after the show?

ZeoVGM
07-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Beast, it looks like that list could end up being real. Sunfire is pretty much confirmed.

ToyArk put up a picture from SDCC, showing what will obviously be the card artwork. One of them is Sunfire, which is awesome.

Also revealed: Warpath (X-Force costume), Jean Grey (Jim Lee costume), Wolverine (early 90's Xavier school uniform).

Putting in a better picture of Wolverine's costume for people too.

dantes_inferno
07-22-2009, 01:20 AM
http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-2009-marvel-universehasbro-booth-images-1460/

new stuff!!!!!! O_O

thor!
hawkeye!
magneto!
warpath!
and more O_O

RooJay
07-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Ooooh - and more!

Man, those Secret Wars Comic packs are the bee's knees! That right there is one of them chocolate and peanut butter type ideas! I'm especially looking forward to Thor, Hawkeye, Ultron, Mister Fantastic (how great is it that we finally get a Reed Richards figure whose powers we can imagine, rather than being forced to try and ignore for a change?!) Vision, and the Hulk with the re-sculpted head (thought I really wish they'd taken the opportunity to add a ball-joint to that neck post - it'd really add a lot more dimension to that design!)

I also note that the shadowy image of Captain Bucky standing atop an unknown figure package seems to imply that whatever is supposed to be contained therein is to feature "Kapow!" in every pack. I'm intrigued, and left to wonder exactly what this "Kapow!" is that I have to look forward to...

Edit - Upon further inspection, it looks like that package Bucky is standing on is to contain a "handful of heroes." I presume the heroes themselves are to be their own kapow.

NerfTW
07-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Hous of M Spider-man is confirmed. He's lying behind Silver Centurion Iron Man.

Further observations:

All the woman use the same Ms. Marvel body. I'm amused how Enchantress has an added piece to make a skirt instead of just giving her a new torso.

Hawkeye and Cyclops use the same hands. That means that not only can Hawkeye pull his bow properly, but Cyclops can properly press the button on his visor!

There's a new "giant" basic body. The Wrecking Crew and Thor all seem to use it.

AND YAY JEAN GREY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Odie91
07-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Ultron, Jean Grey, Vision, Thor, Sunfire, a Spider-Woman, Cyclops, Warpath, HAWKEYE!

Things are looking good. Especially with the Secret Wars packs.

Zalis
07-22-2009, 09:09 AM
:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

I can't believe new pictures are already being displayed! All the new figures look great! I really hope there is more to show though (I know it's greedy, but comon, lol). Hasbro is most likely doing a slide show and Q&A, right?

bluesuntrader
07-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Man thankfully a better looking green hulk is on the way. I truly hate the one currently out, but i got it cause i like hulk...

NerfTW
07-22-2009, 11:35 AM
:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

I can't believe new pictures are already being displayed! All the new figures look great! I really hope there is more to show though (I know it's greedy, but comon, lol). Hasbro is most likely doing a slide show and Q&A, right?

Yeah, there will be a slideshow, most likely with the figures that aren't quite ready to be shown.

These images are from someone there setting it up (or let in while they were setting up), that's why they're so early. The actual previews don't start until 6pm Pacific (Or four, I can't remember), so there might even be a few that just weren't set up yet.

There's something about Iron Man 2, so we might see some figures from that movie line. And they said there were more Wolverine figures, but that might have been referring to the Colossus wave we already saw.

Beast
07-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Wow, I go away for a little while and a bunch of stuff ends up getting revealed.

I LOVE what I'm seeing so far though. Man, that 90's Jean Grey and Classic Sunfire are especially awesome.
And wow... Ultron, Magneto, basically all of them looks fantastic. Cannot wait for all of this stuff.

NerfTW
07-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Just got my Fury figure in the mail today. :thumbsup:

Beast
07-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Looks like we got our first look at Wave 1 of the Iron Man 2 4" figures.

Looks like it's all the armors from the first movie. Including Iron Monger.

Though the 6" one is actually more accurate to scale to the movie.

ZeoVGM
07-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Looks like we got our first look at Wave 1 of the Iron Man 2 4" figures.

Looks like it's all the armors from the first movie. Including Iron Monger.

Though the 6" one is actually more accurate to scale to the movie.

Sadly, if you look closely, you'll notice they have the same ugly ball joints as the XMO: Wolverine line. Probably the same team.

I don't get why they can't have it match the MU line identically.

ZeoVGM
07-22-2009, 09:04 PM
A couple things worth noting about the Comic Packs. I don't really understand the logic behind this, but it looks like wave 2 of the Secret Wars line consists of issues 4 (Hulk/Cyclops), 7 (Iron Man, Spider-Woman), and 8 (Black Spidey and Magneto).

Those are the ones showed next to each other, carded. And those are the figures we knew would be wave 2 a while back.

Why not put them out in order?

On a related note, if you look closely, you can tell which figures are wave 3 of the Secret Wars line, because they're both on a single figure stand in the same section as the other Comic Packs: Thor/Enchantress, Hawkeye/Piledriver, and Mr. Fantastic/Ultron-11.

Which means the only new single-carded figures we have seen so far are: Jean Grey, Spider-Man (House of M), Sunfire, Vision (original), Warpath (X-Force).

And we saw the art for a new Wolverine figure in his early 90's uniform, the Xavier School Uniform version, but we haven't seen the figure yet.

I hope we eventually get all of those.

NerfTW
07-22-2009, 09:11 PM
They changed the comic black costume Spidey came in because someone helpfully pointed out that he gets his costume in issue 8, not 6. And Spider-woman's pack was #5, which is an issue before her first ever appearance, so she wouldn't have even been in the issue she comes with.

Since they were already in production, they just swapped the comics they come with and kept them in the same wave.

ZeoVGM
07-22-2009, 09:15 PM
They changed the comic black costume Spidey came in because someone helpfully pointed out that he gets his costume in issue 8, not 6. And Spider-woman's pack was #5, which is an issue before her first ever appearance, so she wouldn't have even been in the issue she comes with.

Since they were already in production, they just swapped the comics they come with and kept them in the same wave.

I guess that works, but I think it would make more sense to come out in the order of the actual issues, for people who never read it before.

ZeoVGM
07-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Aw, Legends is getting Paperbag Spidey before MU. :[

Zalis
07-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Aw, Legends is getting Paperbag Spidey before MU. :[

I highly doubt we've seen everything yet. I'm sure there will be more revealed by the end of this weekend.

ZeoVGM
07-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Oh, I'm sure we'll get a lot more MU figures, as we've only seen a few single-carded ones so far. But I doubt they'd show off the same figure for both MU and Legends.

dantes_inferno
07-22-2009, 11:08 PM
id love some more pictures, but what im really waiting for is some release dates (gigantic battles and the next wave of 2-packs) and some prices (gigantic battles)

Zalis
07-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Oh, I'm sure we'll get a lot more MU figures, as we've only seen a few single-carded ones so far. But I doubt they'd show off the same figure for both MU and Legends.

I hope your wrong, I really want to see a Bi-Beast now in the MU line.

ZeoVGM
07-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Welp, looks like 3 3/4" is the way of the future. They showed off a bunch of new Marvel Legends, but that's about it for the 6" stuff.

Spider-Man Classics is moving to the 3 3/4" scale. It looks to be using XMO ball joints, sadly, but they look good. They're more silly/fun/kiddie figures, but there's some good stuff like Venom.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FSpider-Man_Classics%2FPreview_Night

Iron Man 2: http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FMarvel_U niverse%2FPreview_Night%2FIron-Man

What do you think about Spectacular Spider-Man? I can't tell if they're 3 3/4" now or not: http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FSpectacu lar_Spider-Man%2FPreview_Night

RooJay
07-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Those Spider-Man Classics figures look like they're in the same 6 inch scale as the ones on store shelves now (in fact, some of those exact figures are actually on store shelves now.) Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I see nothing else to indicate that those are 3 3/4" figures. Was this mentioned in an article somewhere else?

The Iron Man 2 comic style figures look frikkin' sweet! I think I actually like that Classic Iron man better than the MU version!

ZeoVGM
07-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Those Spider-Man Classics figures look like they're in the same 6 inch scale as the ones on store shelves now (in fact, some of those exact figures are actually on store shelves now.) Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I see nothing else to indicate that those are 3 3/4" figures. Was this mentioned in an article somewhere else?

The Iron Man 2 comic style figures look frikkin' sweet! I think I actually like that Classic Iron man better than the MU version!

The main page of the site lists them as 4".

candyman951
07-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Just got my Fury figure in the mail today. :thumbsup: didnt get mine =[ hopefully tomorrow. i did get an email saying that i could get a deadpool: merc with a mouth something or other at comic con for being a subscriber. hope they have enough...
http://image.exct.net/lib/fefe1673756c00/i/2/95092373-5.jpg

RooJay
07-23-2009, 12:00 AM

I see. Kind of odd that they'd spend the extra money on tooling those sculpts down, though. Anyone else thinking that might be a typo?

NerfTW
07-23-2009, 06:30 AM

I think that's a typo, since the MSRP for them says $10.99, and that's the price for a 6 inch figure.

Beast
07-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Steve's coverage went up late last night/this morning also.
We finally got a good look at the upcoming running change for Iron Fist...
Not a huge change, but I like the fact he got a fist. Plus the black dragon.

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=38338

The Black/Red Spider-Man for Wave 5 looks great also. Nice 1st Appearance look.

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=38334

House of M Spider-Man turned out pretty good as well, now that he's not laying down.

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=38332

Link to all the coverage: http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=96&p2_articleid=3271

NerfTW
07-23-2009, 08:24 AM
So going from what we've seen on preview night, wave 6 is most likely Jean Grey, Sunfire, Warpath, House of M Spider-man, and Vision.

Another straight buy for me. :thumbsup:

I wonder if there will be a variant in this wave? Vision and Warpath are easy repaints to their other outfits.

And for everyone wondering where the X-men figures were, well, here they are!

NerfTW
07-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Huh, correction. That's wave 1, 2010, according to one of the cards on the display. But it's listed as Spring 2010. I hope we don't have to wait that long for new figures! (Although my wallet does. Shut up, wallet. If Lanny can buy beer with unemployment, I can buy toys!)

(Please note, the above statement is false. I am not on unemployment. I just mooch.)

(Please disregard the previous statement. I am not a mooch, I am a functioning member of society. I play a vital role in converting oxygen to carbon dioxide, ensuring the future of plant life everywhere.)

candyman951
07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
The line is crazy to get the figures. Stood in line for about 15min before they said I needed a ticket. Ticket booth in a totally seperate building

El Chuxter
07-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Ah, so it sounds like Hasbro hasn't learned from the fustercluck of years past. :(

Beast
07-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Beast, it looks like that list could end up being real. Sunfire is pretty much confirmed.

ToyArk put up a picture from SDCC, showing what will obviously be the card artwork. One of them is Sunfire, which is awesome.

Also revealed: Warpath (X-Force costume), Jean Grey (Jim Lee costume), Wolverine (early 90's Xavier school uniform).

Putting in a better picture of Wolverine's costume for people too.
Found the actual figure of him hidden in the display at SDCC.

dantes_inferno
07-23-2009, 01:39 PM
dude, 26.99 for the gigantic battles? thats CRAP

Beast
07-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Why is it crap? The 12" figures are usually $19.99 - $22.99.
Add on top of that a 4" figure that is usually $7.99.

Plus we have to factor in that it's an exclusive. Which always has a premium price.

NerfTW
07-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Psshhhh. Logic. :rolleyes:

Beast
07-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Psshhhh. Logic. :rolleyes:
Yeah, now dare I. :D

Man, I was hoping they'd have Beast from the WM computer on display.

It's gonna be a long wait til Saturday for the Hasbro panel.

dantes_inferno
07-23-2009, 02:15 PM
im sorry, but i think that is RIDICULOUS...ill still be an idiot and get that skrull/bucky cap...but crap T_T

NerfTW
07-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Okay, so from the rumor lists we had, we've seen:

Colossus
Thor (Modern)
Vision
Sunfire
Jean Grey
Warpath
Wolverine - assuming this is the student costume version
Cyclops
Beast
Spider-Man HOM
Captain America
Classic Bucky
Black Widow

That was a pretty accurate rumor list. Only Cyclops and Beast didn't show up. (And of course those three at the end that were a more recent rumor)

Beast
07-23-2009, 02:25 PM
im sorry, but i think that is RIDICULOUS...ill still be an idiot and get that skrull/bucky cap...but crap T_T
Again, how is it ridiculous? It works out the same if not cheaper.

NerfTW, the Wave 3 of Secret Wars 2-packs that were rumored were also confirmed.

I'm sure we'll see the rest of the rumored stuff and more at the Saturday panel.

ZeoVGM
07-23-2009, 02:36 PM

But he just explained why it isn't ridiculous, and you're just repeating yourself.

Found the actual figure of him hidden in the display at SDCC.

Oh wow, nice catch. I hope they do the rest of that team eventually.

ZeoVGM
07-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Here's the third three-pack, boxed. No title on the box though.

dantes_inferno
07-23-2009, 03:00 PM
its just my opinion, i dont have reasons. i just feel its too much for them.

ZeoVGM
07-23-2009, 03:07 PM
its just my opinion, i dont have reasons. i just feel its too much for them.

Well no, you need reasons to have an opinion. If it's the same price or less, then no it's not too much. It doesn't make sense.

NerfTW
07-23-2009, 03:07 PM
People also have the opinion that the Earth is flat, that doesn't make them any less ridiculous.

Marvel Icons currently retail for $19.99. They're 12 inches tall. Twice the size of a Marvel Legends figure. These are Marvel Icons figures repainted to be a Skrull and Giant Man.

I don't think you realize the size of the figures in question.

bluesuntrader
07-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Nick Fury...Mail today...nuff said

Zalis
07-24-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. More figures revealed:

-Luke Cage
-Black Widow
-Thor
-Iron man
-Old Captain America
-Bucky

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=284&itemid=12347

NerfTW
07-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh awesome!

Another straight buy for me.

Anyone else find it funny that Wave 4 is still listed as "Fall 09", despite having been out for two months now?

Also, looks like they have a corrected Captain America torso to use for future versions of 616 Cap.

Beast
07-24-2009, 01:18 PM

-Luke Cage
-Black Widow
-Thor
-Iron man
-Old Captain America
-Bucky

That also confirms the list that was revealed earlier this month. :)

New rumor list:
- Iron Man (Exremis Armor)
- Captain America
- Winter Soldier
- Classic Bucky
- Black Widow
- Modern Thor

Odie91
07-24-2009, 02:50 PM
These new ones look great. I'm really looking forward to the modern Thor. I could go without the old Captain America, but I can see they're looking for some variety in the line, which is commendable.

Odie91
07-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Although I don't know what I think about the GIANT bling on Cage.

NerfTW
07-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Don't worry, it's probably removable. He did wear some giant bling for a while.

Did you notice the ski cap next to him as well? I have to say, he has one of the best assortments of accessories in the line yet. Removable bling, a ski cap, and a crumpled girder to swing.

Beast
07-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Some small information starting to trickle out.

Modern Thor has a new articulation point, the mid-thigh swivel that is being tried out.

Black Widow will come with 3 different wigs. Short Hair, Long Hair, and Blonde.
No clue if they will be in package or if it will be variants or running changes. But that's cool.

Juggernaut is coming. He's apperantly the big figure in Wave 2 of 2010.

All figures starting in 2010 will come with figure stands. Woo, we won!

A ninteen inch Galactus will be coming soon, complete with electronics so that it can speak. This is part of the Marvel Universe line.

Zalis
07-25-2009, 02:11 PM
So Black Widow is going to have 3 variants (short hair, blonde hair, and red hair). And the only "new" figure that we haven't seen yet that was mentioned is Juggernaut, which is going to be the same size as Hulk.

God I love this line! I just wished they showed a little more.

ZeoVGM
07-25-2009, 02:37 PM
What happened to the other two Fan's Choice figures?

But other than that, Galactis is awesome, stands is very much welcomed. Hopefully they're available on HasbroToyShop.com too for the older figures.

I like the new Norman HAMMER Files for series 2.

Beast
07-25-2009, 02:38 PM
What happened to the other two Fan's Choice figures?

But other than that, Galactis is awesome, stands is very much welcomed. Hopefully they're available on HasbroToyShop.com too for the older figures.

I like the new Norman HAMMER Files for series 2.
No clue. They didn't even show the other 5 like we were teased.

Maybe they'll add them to the display before the end of the con.

Zalis
07-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Man, that didn't disappoint at all! Galactus was an amazing surprise. I just hope that they make other large figures, like the Living Tribunal, Sentinel, even Ego the Living Planet.

I'm really happy that I decided to start collecting this line.

Beast
07-25-2009, 02:53 PM
So Black Widow is going to have 3 variants (short hair, blonde hair, and red hair). And the only "new" figure that we haven't seen yet that was mentioned is Juggernaut, which is going to be the same size as Hulk.

God I love this line! I just wished they showed a little more.
The Slideshow picture of Black Widow showed her with different wigs displayed around her base.
It could be interchangable hair, with a peg or something. Hell, Luke Cage comes with his knit cap, so it's possible.

dantes_inferno
07-25-2009, 06:33 PM
HOLY CRAP O_O

im gone for 2 days and i miss galactus! and the juggernaught!!!!! O_O dude....my poor wallet..

plasticfetish
07-25-2009, 09:18 PM
I was just looking at a pic that Steve put up over at Actionfigs, and it seems that the figure has a metal pin (instead of nylon) connecting the legs through the hips. This is something new isn't it?

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=38339

VexOrdo
07-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Holy crap, after seeing everything I'm glad I'm making a lot of money on all my old Marvel Legends so I can spend it on these new figures. I'm still looking for old figures though like Symbiote Spidey, Modern Punisher and Moon Knight. Definitely getting Thor, Warpath, Vision, and a bunch of the Secret Wars figures, I'm also liking Galactus. Oh and of course Xavier Wolverine!!!

ZeoVGM
07-26-2009, 10:49 PM
I was just looking at a pic that Steve put up over at Actionfigs, and it seems that the figure has a metal pin (instead of nylon) connecting the legs through the hips. This is something new isn't it?

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=38339

I noticed that too. It's the only figure like that I think.

Might just be a prototype thing.

Beast
07-26-2009, 11:03 PM
I noticed that too. It's the only figure like that I think.

Might just be a prototype thing.
Most likely, since the figures will get a lot more wear and tear as part of the display.

RooJay
07-27-2009, 02:49 AM
Meh - Galactus ain't bad there, but I think I'll stick to using my superior Marvel Legends version.

DarthBrandon
07-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Meh - Galactus ain't bad there but I think I'll stick to using my superior Marvel Legends version.

Yeah, me too, love me Marvel Legends too much to cross over now.

NerfTW
07-27-2009, 06:46 AM
The Invaders set is up on HTS now for $40. Grab em while they're hot. Less than 300 in stock.

VexOrdo
07-27-2009, 07:56 AM
The Invaders set is up on HTS now for $40. Grab em while they're hot. Less than 300 in stock.

Damn! I had the black n white Cap in my cart and then I went to look for more stuff I want that they have in stock for once and when I went back, sold out! I'm just going to stick with eBay.

Odie91
07-27-2009, 08:42 AM
More anniversary sets are up right now.

Beast
07-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Hopefully more Black & White Caps will come back in stock at some point.

bluesuntrader
07-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Well it hurt a little but i just ordered the Invaders set! 49.00 shipped..

No B&W Caps as of this posting either..darn..

The Captain
07-27-2009, 09:58 AM

-Luke Cage
-Black Widow
-Thor
-Iron man
-Old Captain America
-Bucky

There are six pictures here. In the last one I see the Hulk in the background standing beside Warpath, with Wolverine right in the front. What is the name of the middle figure in the very front middle, and the guy to his left? Are these figures 3 3/4 inches?

Also, does anyone know when they are due to be on sale?

The Captain
07-27-2009, 10:00 AM
I love the Modern Thor. Any idea when we might be seeing him in the stores?

Beast
07-27-2009, 11:19 AM
There are six pictures here. In the last one I see the Hulk in the background standing beside Warpath, with Wolverine right in the front. What is the name of the middle figure in the very front middle, and the guy to his left? Are these figures 3 3/4 inches?

Also, does anyone know when they are due to be on sale?
Brother Voodoo. And no, those are the 6" Marvel Legends figures up for vote.

TheGreyGhost
07-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Man, I hope HTS has more of those Caps. It just wouldn't feel right getting the Invader pack and not that...

NerfTW
07-27-2009, 02:03 PM
I love the Modern Thor. Any idea when we might be seeing him in the stores?

Depends. He's in wave 2 of 2010. (or wave 1) So he could show up anytime between when wave five comes out and March. I was hoping they'd comment on how fast the initial waves went. The display still listed wave 4 as coming soon.

Beast
07-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Man, I hope HTS has more of those Caps. It just wouldn't feel right getting the Invader pack and not that...
I'm sure they will. Or maybe some folks who attended the con will have extras to offer.

gooeychicken
07-27-2009, 02:34 PM
I attended sdcc on sunday there was 2 people in front of me when they said the BW Capt sold out I was so mad I wanted him. And now I missed out on HTS!! Argh!! I have a spare SDCC Wolverine I'll glady trade for the Capt if anyone has one :)

Oh and the Invaders set is AMAZING! I wish I had a spare set to open :/ I need to know what's in those War Dept. Files!!

Dephigravity
07-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Just won an SDCC Captain America on eBay for 12.50! Beats the buy it now prices of 25 bucks

dantes_inferno
07-27-2009, 03:06 PM
ugh, i hate myself so much right now, i dont have the money to spare, but i bought an invaders pack...i hate myself >_<

Dephigravity
07-27-2009, 03:20 PM
but dante when you look in those puppy dog eyes of the Red Skull... how could you refuse?

dantes_inferno
07-27-2009, 04:13 PM
thats what got me...i looked into those beady little eyes....and i saw Cap's little lip quiver, the torchs anger at almost getting past up and namor acting like he didnt care....i just had to...

Dephigravity
07-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Mail just got here.... Nick Fury too. Add that to my SDCC Cap and its a good day! Now just to get that Invaders set.

dantes_inferno
07-27-2009, 06:03 PM
CRAP....i keep forgetting to mail the stupid thing!!

candyman951
07-28-2009, 01:21 AM
i guess the sdcc items werent so exclusive, lol. i could have not waited in line for 3hrs and had gotten the exclusive Hal Jordan Figs but who knew. i have an extra b&w Cap. i was going to sell it on ebay but... dunno too many are already on there.

candyman951
07-28-2009, 01:22 AM
i still need an unopened Red Hulk anyone want to trade?

Odie91
07-28-2009, 01:57 AM
If you can't find anyone to trade with you, you can always wait until September. Or at least that's what Entertainment Earth's preview of Wave five looks like.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HMV78230E

I'm pretty excited about this assortment because it's got Grey Hulk in it, which I don't feel right about spending $50 on eBay for.

You're Red Hulk is in there too, looks like those two won't be AS rare.

gooeychicken
07-28-2009, 02:52 AM
i guess the sdcc items werent so exclusive, lol. i could have not waited in line for 3hrs and had gotten the exclusive Hal Jordan Figs but who knew. i have an extra b&w Cap. i was going to sell it on ebay but... dunno too many are already on there.

would you trade B&W Captain America for Red Hulk?

candyman951
07-28-2009, 03:07 AM
would you trade B&W Captain America for Red Hulk?
yes i would. itd have to still be packaged tho. You live in San Bernardino? I live near downtown Riverside. if you have one get in touch and we could meet up.

bluesuntrader
07-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Hey guys at 13:26 est The Captain America was available again at the Hasbro Toy Shop!

Stevolittle423
07-28-2009, 01:11 PM
You have got to be kidding me.......I get home from work at 2. That is two days in a row I missed the SDCC Cap on Hasbro.com. At least I got the Invaders pack. I usually don't write on here, I just come here to check out the news from you guys. I got to tell you, I'm very excited about the new figures coming out.

DoktorAvidan
07-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Hello, everyone.
I randomly stumbled until this topic/forum etc. when looking on the variants for Rulk.
Turns out i had the Matte version.

Anyways, I'm glad I found y'all
and i've read most of this topic..haha

Thanks for the news. I'm just as stoked for them as I'm sure you guys are.

Also if anyone's looking to buy/trade some Marvel Legends,
I have made a youtube video with pictures of everything i'm getting rid of.

Oh and also, does anyone know if the variants coming out will retain the Fury Files?
because I was going to skip on getting Hulk if his SW versions had that stuff.

Dephigravity
07-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Invaders sets are back on Hasbro's toy site again.... FYI

Stevolittle423
07-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know if those protective cases they sell on hasbro.com will fit the marvel universe figures? They say they are for Star Wars and GIJoe. So I dont want to pay for them and have them not fit.

El Chuxter
07-28-2009, 04:15 PM
I would guess no, at least not correctly. However, the cards for both Star Wars and GIJoe have recently been shrunk to closer to the Marvel size, so I'd imagine an updated version should be around soon.

Zalis
07-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know if those protective cases they sell on hasbro.com will fit the marvel universe figures? They say they are for Star Wars and GIJoe. So I dont want to pay for them and have them not fit.

I have read over at www.marvelousnews.com that they do. I'll be nice and be the guinea pig on this, as I'm going to order a 10 pack on Thursday.

DoktorAvidan
07-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Oh snap, off-topic but
I'm stoked for that Planet Hulk cartoon.