PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Universe - 3 3/4" Figures!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Zalis
07-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Oh snap, off-topic but
I'm stoked for that Planet Hulk cartoon.

You and me both. It looks pretty darn close to the comic. Maybe we'll see some characters get made from it, like Korg and Miek.

Zalis
07-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Sorry for the double post, but, I have just run across this. Bob Layton, who did the art for the Secret Wars 2-pack releases, just posted a bunch of the original art for sale. Three of the pieces are of figures that haven't been announced yet (there is still one wave of 2-packs left in the Secret Wars series).

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?Page=1&GSub=30331&Order=Date

DoktorAvidan
07-29-2009, 01:12 PM
You and me both. It looks pretty darn close to the comic. Maybe we'll see some characters get made from it, like Korg and Miek.

I only read the aftermath stuff (World War Hulk)
If I had a say I'd make the Warbound with Green Scar Hulk as a box set.
There's a lot of potential with box sets that I hope to see in the future.
Like a Bruce Banner timeline.

Beast
07-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Very cool! That confirms Thing (Trunks), Mohawk Storm, and Bulldozer.

Leaving three more. Which is probably Wrecker, Doctor Doom, and hmmm...

Who's left:

Heroes:

Captain Marvel II (Monica Rambeau), She-Hulk, Wasp, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Professor X, Rogue

Villains:

Absorbing Man, Doctor Octopus, Kang the Conqueror, Lizard, Molecule Man, Titania, Volcana

My guess? It'll probably be Colossus.

Maradona
07-29-2009, 01:43 PM
I've seen the Hasbro powerpoint presentations for Star Wars and GI Joe, but haven't run across their Marvel powerpoint. I'm assuming there was one, though I may be wrong. Has anyone seen it?

DoktorAvidan
07-29-2009, 02:21 PM

Does it? It might just be some mock-ups/test stuff.
But I don't doubt you.

Beast
07-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Does it? It might just be some mock-ups/test stuff.
But I don't doubt you.
I doubt the guy did comissioned artwork that isn't going to be used.

NerfTW
07-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Here's some poor quality images at Marvelous News (http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=284&itemid=12352). (Seriously, why even call yourself a news site if you can't get a proper camera or photographer?)

I know I saw better ones somewhere, but I'm trying to find them. Here they are. (http://www.toyark.com/news/san-diego-comic-con-58/sdcc-09-hasbro-marvel-panel-images-1496/)But you need a Toyark account to view them.

Oh, and as for Mohawk strom, they confirmed her a while ago by hinting that one of the figures would have "interesting hair".

Dephigravity
07-29-2009, 09:53 PM
So is it me or do we know nothing more on the people's choice figures that were supposed to be talked about at SDCC? No pictures or artwork for the winners and unless I'm wrong nothing on the additional ones they were going to do as well? hmmmmmmm

jedichicken
07-29-2009, 11:19 PM

Leaving three more. Which is probably Wrecker, Doctor Doom, and hmmm...

Who's left:

My guess? It'll probably be Colossus.
I would say She-Hulk in Fan 4 outfit. Captain Marvel II or Molecule Man would be nice though because I doubt we'll get them any other way.

Ragincajun713
07-30-2009, 12:46 AM
I just started collecting these a few days ago. I've been collecting Mighty Muggs for about 2 months now and have roughly 60+. I just love these because they're so articulated and detailed. They're also cheaper than the Muggs. If anyone's interested I'm looking to trade some of my Muggs for these.

ZeoVGM
07-30-2009, 01:30 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Universe_%28toyline%29

I started adding pictures to the Wiki. I'm not sure if I want to do pictures for each wave, or like one picture showing all the pictures for series 1, then a picture for series 2.

DoktorAvidan
07-30-2009, 09:27 AM

I started adding pictures to the Wiki. I'm not sure if I want to do pictures for each wave, or like one picture showing all the pictures for series 1, then a picture for series 2.

Keep it like it is. Thanks for doing that, broseph.

I like checking on the page a lot.

You could also get pics from SDCC for the next series.

NerfTW
07-30-2009, 09:31 AM
I don't think Galactus is a Gigantic Battles figure. For starters, he's seven inches taller, so he wouldn't fit in the package.

And given the amount of work going into him (as opposed to the reused Icons molds), I think he's a regular mass retail release. I'd give him his own section for now.

TheGreyGhost
07-30-2009, 11:28 AM
I just scored both the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends and the Soldiers and Henchmen three packs at my local TRU. Haven't seen the Giant figures at any of the Wal-Marts around here though...

VexOrdo
07-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I just scored both the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends and the Soldiers and Henchmen three packs at my local TRU. Haven't seen the Giant figures at any of the Wal-Marts around here though...

Yeah I was just at my local Wal-Mart, and there was nothing, but there was a lot of wave 3 stuff. I finally got to pick up my Black (Symbiote) Spider-man, there was a crap-load of Hand Ninjas though.

I really like the page like this, its a nice edit.

Zalis
07-30-2009, 02:21 PM
I hit up 4 different stores, and came up with nothing. I did find the three packs at TRU, but, I decided to hold off on those for now, as I want to complete the basic figures. Hopefully I turn out with something this weekend when I go on my toy hunt.

DoktorAvidan
07-30-2009, 04:02 PM
How much do the 3 packs run?
I would like to to crack on the Soldiers and Henchman set.

lifeinabox
07-30-2009, 04:05 PM
I hit up 4 different stores, and came up with nothing. I did find the three packs at TRU, but, I decided to hold off on those for now, as I want to complete the basic figures. Hopefully I turn out with something this weekend when I go on my toy hunt.
I picked up one of the Secret Wars packs at Target. Check your local one as most are doing their departmental reset.

DoktorAvidan
07-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Since a lot of people leave their figures in package..i thought i'd let you all see the paperwork they come with and the secret online-only files.

Here you can see the Cards with art by Frank CHo, the Superhuman Registration Act ID Cards, and various letters from around SHIELD regarding the figure. However, Daredevil's is a misprint and has Silver Surfer's in this set. I'll post the real one with the Secret stuff.
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_MU.asp

candyman951
07-30-2009, 05:40 PM
How much do the 3 packs run?
I would like to to crack on the Soldiers and Henchman set. i was at my local TRU and they had the 3 packs for $22.99 except the 70th anniversary set with Daredevil, Iron man, and Silver Surfer i picked that one up for $29.99. They also had fulls pegs of the iron man animated adventures figures.

candyman951
07-30-2009, 05:46 PM

Thank you. i really like how you set it up. gonna bookmark it =P. i still cant find Rulk :cry:

Dephigravity
07-30-2009, 07:16 PM
So I opened my Nick Fury... he has two right feet! lol same thing happened to my Ronin.... guess I can switch it with one of the SHIELD agents when I get around to getting one.

ZeoVGM
07-31-2009, 12:30 AM
I don't think Galactus is a Gigantic Battles figure. For starters, he's seven inches taller, so he wouldn't fit in the package.

And given the amount of work going into him (as opposed to the reused Icons molds), I think he's a regular mass retail release. I'd give him his own section for now.

Nah, Hasbro said it'll be part of Gigantic Battles.

http://marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=12355

plasticfetish
07-31-2009, 01:11 AM
Nah, Hasbro said it'll be part of Gigantic Battles.Of everything that we've been shown, I think the Gigantic Battles stuff is easily the most exciting. I mean, I love my ToyBiz Galactus, but I'm more than happy to have another version also... and one that's even bigger. (Wow!) Let's guess that he's packed with the Silver Surfer, huh? Though I'd probably poop myself if he was paired with Terrax.

DoktorAvidan
07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
i was at my local TRU and they had the 3 packs for $22.99 except the 70th anniversary set with Daredevil, Iron man, and Silver Surfer i picked that one up for $29.99. They also had fulls pegs of the iron man animated adventures figures.

I'm jealous all my local TRU had was Soldiers and Henchman (which i picked up)

candyman951
07-31-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm jealous all my local TRU had was Soldiers and Henchman (which i picked up)

I actually lucked out I guess because I have about 4 within a 15 mile radius each way and only the one had them. I was lookin for Rulk and found those instead.

DoktorAvidan
07-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Yeah My local TRU only carries like a billion Classic Iron Man, few Ronins and Black Spider-Man and Hand Ninja, One thing..

hasn't changed since the last few weeks i hadn't been there. They're selling rather poorly there i think.

is Classic Iron Man like ultra common because he's everywhere i go.

Odie91
07-31-2009, 04:40 PM
The Wal-Mart in my city hasn't seen any of these figures since they've been released. I check once or twice a week and I've asked and no one there seems to know what I'm talking about. They get a new shipment of the Wolverine: Origins figures each week and they just pile up on the shelves.

Surprisingly the K-Mart has been where I've found the majority of the figures I have (Well, there and a Toys R' Us about 250 miles away. :)) And they fly off the shelves when K-Mart gets them.

I don't know why, but for whatever reason it seems like this line is really "here and there" in terms of who and where carries it. It's pretty frustrating. I'm just lucky I get to that Toys R' Us about every month or so.

Dephigravity
07-31-2009, 07:30 PM
You know I tried a couple places today and nada... zip... nothing... I am the Presentation Team Leader at Our local Target (ie I am the person that gets to set that Toys reset) but our store does not carry the secret wars packs... grrr. I tried Toys R Us and they had no new figures, Exclusives, or Secret Wars, then last but not least stopped by Wally World and they had three figures shoved over in the legos and oddly enough they didn't even carry they G.I. Joe movie figures... Weird.

NerfTW
07-31-2009, 07:49 PM
I didn't find any secret wars, but I did find the three packs at my Toys R Us. Didn't get any, though. I don't want Hand Ninjas and I want a different number of SHIELD and Hydra agents, so I think I'm just going to wait and do Ebay for the single figures.

That, and I really don't like the Hydra agent's full face mask.

Pynpunk45
07-31-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey guys.... been coming here a while. Thought it was time I actually posted something.

I lucked out today: I got the entire first wave of Secret Wars at Target with a gift card and found a Bullseye at my local comic shop... for $15!

Also got the TRU Spidey and Henchmen 3 packs.

Maradona
08-01-2009, 12:38 AM
A local Target had the Secret Wars packs, but they weren't in good shape so I was forced to leave them.

DoktorAvidan
08-01-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm very envious of you Pynpunk. Bullseye the only one i'm missing from wave 1.

But today I'm going out with a friend, gonna sell some 6 inch figures at my comic shop (they also buy toys)

Stevolittle423
08-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Man, I have been to my local Targets everyday since Friday, and nothing.The Secret Wars is all I'm waiting on. I have every figure, all the chase figures, Nick Fury, SDCC figures, and the TRU exclusives. Between these and Super Hero Squads, I'm going broke.

Phantom-like Menace
08-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Damn, I went by TRU yesterday and found I'd missed the three-packs. All they had left was the SHIELD/Hydra Soldier/Hand Ninja set. I grabbed it, but I really wanted Firestar!

candyman951
08-01-2009, 01:47 PM
which figures are in the first wave of secret wars packs and are they exclusive to target?

DoktorAvidan
08-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Target doesn't have any exclusives IIRC.

I think it's just a decent place to get some figures. My Target has always had a rather nice toy section.

Zalis
08-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Went to 7 stores today. Found nothing. I'm resorting to Ebay now.

figrin bran
08-01-2009, 08:18 PM
which figures are in the first wave of secret wars packs and are they exclusive to target?

Captain America/Klaw
Wolverine/Human Torch
Spidey/Thunderball

lifeinabox
08-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Saw the Secret Wars at a second Target today and passed. Be patient as they're just hitting shelves.

DoktorAvidan
08-01-2009, 09:09 PM
I feel the same. I'm getting the older stuff first. and working my way toward the newer stuff

ZeoVGM
08-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Yep, saw them at Target today.

bluesuntrader
08-02-2009, 08:10 AM
I picked up all of the secret wars packs yesterday at target. I am going to leave them in the package for now, cause the paint job is not the best on a couple of them.

I open all my figures anyhow, but i am a bit of a freak when it comes to the paint job.

anybody else have this affliction?

DoktorAvidan
08-02-2009, 08:51 AM
I don't, I open up everything and stand up around my computer desk and move them around sometimes.

ZeoVGM
08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
I don't, I open up everything and stand up around my computer desk and move them around sometimes.

Yeah, I'm one of the "why bother if you're not gonna open it?" people. It's not like they'll be worth anything really.

Though I need to invest in a case for them now. I want a glass display case. A large one I can put multiple lines in.

My cats have ruined a couple accessories. :[

Any ideas?

Phantom-like Menace
08-03-2009, 12:43 AM
I grabbed Wolvie and Torch just to have a flamed on Johnny.

bluesuntrader
08-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I'm one of the "why bother if you're not gonna open it?" people. It's not like they'll be worth anything really.

Though I need to invest in a case for them now. I want a glass display case. A large one I can put multiple lines in.

My cats have ruined a couple accessories. :[

Any ideas?

I take them all out to!

I am fortunate enough that i can keep all my collectables in a locked office. I to have a cat, that would love to destroy accessories and what not. I am running out of room...

I like to keep lines with lines, and not mix, but my space is tight, and i fear that they will begin to co-habitate in the same area. AHHHHH!!!

Sometimes l look at them and say hmmm..who is the unfortunate piece of plastic to be sold on ebay, or a worse fate..given to my sons!

I find many heads and accessories all over the house, as they have yet to covet their toys, but hey they are kids, and i remember taking my original secret wars toy back in the 80s and shooting them to pieces with my b-b gun. Ah stupid youth....

anyhow good question about the storage stuff. I know that some glass companies can make plexiglass cases and such, and i am sure their is stuff online somewhere.

NerfTW
08-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Well, mine are in a locked closet right now. I can open it up and look, but if I leave it open the cats eat them. And it's only the 3 3/4" figures. My seven inch Kain and Gears of War figures are safe, as are the Superhero Squad figures.

When I move, and if I have enough space, I'm getting a cheap glass case from IKEA (Which is no longer on the website. Dammit. They were nice. $150, three feet high glass with a metal base. Very plain and invisible looking, since I found it gaudy to put them in a fancy case)

If I somehow got a ridiculous pay increase and could go back to my old townhouse, I want to build custom shelving along the back wall, which would have been awesome.

Stevolittle423
08-03-2009, 01:17 PM
I have all of mine on the wall in the case. They make a great border for the hallway. My wife has given in and she has let me have the hallway, bathroom and part of the dining room. My bathroom is decked out in Spider-man and I have all of my Universe figures in the hallway.

DoktorAvidan
08-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I keep ones not on my desk in a shoebox

AlecEiffel
08-03-2009, 03:25 PM
One of my cats (I don't know for sure which one, but I have pretty good idea as I caught him walking around with Punisher once) has made off with Daredevil. It's just gone, I tore the place up and could not find it. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a Daredevil since I bought it originally, I hope they ship more out in future waves. Also, I have still yet to see a Modern Ms. Marvel or any wave four figures at all anywhere.

Dephigravity
08-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Hasbro toy shop has the Invaders set back in stock again... FYI.

Stevolittle423
08-03-2009, 03:58 PM
You guys need to do something bout those cats

bluesuntrader
08-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Looks like a new thread for Cats that eat figures, and or are generally jerks needs to be started. LOL

Pynpunk45
08-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Did anyone else open the Invaders boxset.... and then end up really disappointed in the Red Skull figure?

thenameiuse
08-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Huge day. First I received shipping confirmation for both the Invaders set and B&W Cap from HTS. Then scored both the Soldiers & Henchmen and the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends TRU exclusives; as well as wave 1 of comic 3 packs at Target and Current Ms. Marvel, which was one of two basic figures I'm missing. Still could not find a Grey Hulk, which is the only one left. But what a great day. All this was done in Chicago south suburbs if anyone was curious. All the stores I went to seemed to be freshly stocked.

TheGreyGhost
08-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I'd say Target is the place to check now. I found the Klaw/Captain America and the Thunderball/Spider-Man packs, as well as the variant of Thing there.

Now all I need is the B&W Captain America, The Classic Wolverine/Human Torch pack, and the classic heroes 3 pack from TRU and I'll be Golden until the giant battles are released.

AlecEiffel
08-04-2009, 10:44 AM
I finally found Union Jack, Hobgoblin and Blade yesterday. Is Hobgoblin supposed to come with a pumpkin bomb? Mine didn't and there was only one so I couldn't compare. Also, I live in one of the only places in the country where there is no Walmart close by and my local Toys R Us is the pits. Do store exclusives like the three packs and gigantic battles ever end up for sale on the stores websites?

DarkArtist
08-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I finally found Union Jack, Hobgoblin and Blade yesterday. Is Hobgoblin supposed to come with a pumpkin bomb? Mine didn't and there was only one so I couldn't compare. Also, I live in one of the only places in the country where there is no Walmart close by and my local Toys R Us is the pits. Do store exclusives like the three packs and gigantic battles ever end up for sale on the stores websites?

Hobgoblin does come with a pumpkin bomb just like Green Goblin, i gues either this was a mispack. mine was already in the hand of the Hobgoblin and I almost lost it while taking it out of the package.

AlecEiffel
08-04-2009, 11:06 AM
I have yet to open him, so hopefully the bomb fell out of his hand somehow and is in the package somewhere I can't see, though I'm kind of doubtful of that. I have to say, though I haven't been hands on with it yet, I'm kind of disappointed with the look of Hobgoblin. He looked great to me in pictures, but in person it's face is a pretty lame sculpt.

AFCollector
08-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Oddly my Hobgoblin and Green Goblin figures both had their bombs in the plastic shell insert separately from the figure. I almost threw the Green Goblin's bomb out because I didn't know it was there. I knew to look for Hobgoblin's though and found that easily.

I got my Invaders box set from Hasbrotoyshop.com today, these guys look fantastic. I'm loathe to open them up though, they all just look so cool in the box.

TheGreyGhost
08-04-2009, 10:34 PM
I know how you feel so much. I got my Invaders as well, and it really did take me a few minutes to decide if I should take them out or not.

I eventually decided that I wasn't planning on ever selling them, so I might as well enjoy them. Still, they looked real good in the packaging...

plasticfetish
08-05-2009, 12:55 AM
Finally saw the Secret Wars 2-packs at Target, and I'm not impressed with any of them. The paint jobs were all terrible.

But on a positive note, Fred Meyer here in the Pacific NW is now carrying Marvel Universe, so that adds another place to hunt. :thumbsup:

AlecEiffel
08-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Picked up all three of the Secret Wars packs, though I must say (like the poster before me already did) the quality was surprisingly shoddy. They actually looked worse in the package than they did once I took them out, but there are just some things that are unforgivable. Paint applications are all pretty bad, cap had a backwards knee (I fixed it), I even saw a Spider-Man at the store who's leg was missing. It wasn't even loose at the bottom of the package or anything, it just wasn't there. I do like them overall (I must, I bought them even though I didn't think they looked great), I just really, really hope they knock it off with the sloppiness for the next wave.

NerfTW
08-05-2009, 08:10 AM
You know, it frightens me that there are people in this world who can't even be bothered to put a basic level of effort into their job and make sure the figures are RIGHT before leaving the factory.

NerfTW
08-05-2009, 03:20 PM
http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12367

Images of the wave 2 comic packs.

RooJay
08-06-2009, 02:18 AM
You know, it frightens me that there are people in this world who can't even be bothered to put a basic level of effort into their job and make sure the figures are RIGHT before leaving the factory.

Yeah, I'm sure the folks working in these toy factories assembling our figures get paid plenty enough to make sure they do their jobs right. How dare they! If I ran those factories, they'd for sure all be out of jobs.

NerfTW
08-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Yeah, how dare I expect basic competency at any pay level. :rolleyes:

I have this funny little theory that the reason some of these people never move up in the world might be because they refuse to even try at those low paying jobs. I worked in a cafeteria last semester where people had been working minimum wage jobs for 20 years, and it wasn't hard to see why. Because they couldn't even be bothered to stay professional long enough to get promoted.

dantes_inferno
08-06-2009, 05:20 PM
im so ****ed. i recieved my 70th anniversary pack and got cap, red skull and 2 human torches and NO INVOICE. so im fighting hasbro right now

RooJay
08-07-2009, 01:28 AM
Yeah, how dare I expect basic competency at any pay level. :rolleyes:

I have this funny little theory that the reason some of these people never move up in the world might be because they refuse to even try at those low paying jobs. I worked in a cafeteria last semester where people had been working minimum wage jobs for 20 years, and it wasn't hard to see why. Because they couldn't even be bothered to stay professional long enough to get promoted.

I'm not implying that Hasbro employs sweat shops in the manufacture of their products, but these things aren't made in the US where we have things like minimum wage, laws against work days longer than eight hours, labor unions, and such, but it's entirely likely that the folks in those factories work much harder, and for much less than you might think they do. Chances are, your toys don't come out less than perfect because the factory workers are lazy, and it's also quite possible that this job is the only one available to them.

Your dissatisfaction over the quality of your toys should be directed at the people who run those factories, though. Hasbro as well, for not ensuring better quality in the finished product.

plasticfetish
08-07-2009, 03:36 AM
Yeah, how dare I expect basic competency at any pay level.You get what you pay for... unless we're talking about factory workers in a communist country where the options are kind of limited, and the right to challenge poor working conditions doesn't exist. In that case you obviously get a little more bang for your buck, unless the factories that you've come to depend on entirely decide to cheap-out in order to maximize their own profits.

Your dissatisfaction over the quality of your toys should be directed at the people who run those factoriesAnd that's really what it all boils down to.

I don't blame the factory workers at all. I'm sure working in a toy factory is a pretty decent way to make a living, and no doubt the people who do the incredibly boring job of assembling or painting action figures give it their best effort, but you've got to imagine that they're under some serious time constraints. It's all about that final decision to either let a poorly done toy go out, or take the time to pull it and do another. With costs going up lately, I'd bet that there are more decisions to let things slide than there were, say, ten years ago.

The Captain
08-07-2009, 10:00 AM
The TRU exclusive three pack with the original Daredevil is out here in Topeka Kansas. 29.00! :ninja: Meanwhile the other three packs are just over 20. Why the difference in price?

Other the the rediculous price, I have trouble buying a three pack when I already have one of the figures.

Meanwhile, Target has the Secret Wars, two packs for only 12 dollars. Now, there's a good price!:love:

I like the body sculpt for Thunderball. He's bigger and taller than Captain America. I kind of hope they use that sculpt for other characters in the future.

NerfTW
08-07-2009, 10:03 AM
You get what you pay for... unless we're talking about factory workers in a communist country where the options are kind of limited, and the right to challenge poor working conditions doesn't exist. In that case you obviously get a little more bang for your buck, unless the factories that you've come to depend on entirely decide to cheap-out in order to maximize their own profits.

And that's really what it all boils down to.

I don't blame the factory workers at all. I'm sure working in a toy factory is a pretty decent way to make a living, and no doubt the people who do the incredibly boring job of assembling or painting action figures give it their best effort, but you've got to imagine that they're under some serious time constraints. It's all about that final decision to either let a poorly done toy go out, or take the time to pull it and do another. With costs going up lately, I'd bet that there are more decisions to let things slide than there were, say, ten years ago.

I don't want to derail the thread, sorry. I'm all jobless and cranky at some of the people I see working. Let's forget I said it. :yes:

bluesuntrader
08-07-2009, 09:56 PM
I don't want to derail the thread, sorry. I'm all jobless and cranky at some of the people I see working. Let's forget I said it. :yes:

Ahh dont worry about it. here in the USA i just got a pay decrease....

Yes i still have a job but, man o man....

DoktorAvidan
08-08-2009, 09:25 AM
yesterday I got 11 figures, 2 from Target, 4 at comics shop using store credit, and 5 came in the mail.

I got some doubles, but it's ok i needed parts for customs.

plasticfetish
08-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I don't want to derail the thread, sorry.Well, the topic was still Marvel Universe for the most part. It doesn't all have to be, "I got this figure, and I love it." But, errr... speaking of that, I just put up a little review w/ pics of Moon Knight over at my blog (http://www.plasticfetish.net/2009/08/marvel-universe-moon-knight.html). ;)

Suffice to say, I've had the thing for a little while now, and really like it.

candyman951
08-09-2009, 03:46 AM
for some reason i like the wolverine in the secret wars pack more than the single carded xforce one.

candyman951
08-09-2009, 04:03 AM
Rulk where are you?!

DoktorAvidan
08-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I saw three Rulks at my comics shop. Both the regular and variant.
If you have something, I'll trade for it.

figrin bran
08-09-2009, 07:35 PM
for some reason i like the wolverine in the secret wars pack more than the single carded xforce one.

I didn't even buy the single carded one.

I don't really like how the head joint is designed. If you tilt the head upwards, it looks really unnatural so your only choice is to keep the head tilted downwards.

I saw quite a few Secret Wars packs at TRU as well but at $14.99, $2 more than Target.

Daryl VayDar
08-09-2009, 08:40 PM
I just got back from K-Mart with my XMO:Wolverine Deluxe Series 2- I picked up the Deadpool and the Blob/Sabretooth set. I was really looking forward to the Deadpool as he is a different sculpt than the single carded figure, he's still in the package but looks very nice. The Blob is definately an accessory, but will be passable in the back row. The new Sabretooth is VERY cool, it has a "normal" paint job and the long, scraggly hair works well.

Oh yeah, K-Mart = $14.99 a pop...

AlecEiffel
08-10-2009, 01:14 AM
The fact that there has been around 50 figures released so far with several more already announced and not a single one of them is Dr. Doom is a crying shame. I really hope he is one of the unannounced Secret Wars figures.

DoktorAvidan
08-10-2009, 03:53 PM
The fact that there has been around 50 figures released so far with several more already announced and not a single one of them is Dr. Doom is a crying shame. I really hope he is one of the unannounced Secret Wars figures.

I've thought this since the series launched.
The Wrecking Crew being made before Doom, Thanos or Mephisto is a tragedy.

AlecEiffel
08-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Just an attempt to stimulate conversation:

When they first announced this line I believe the said there were going to be some vehicles. As far as I know they have not announced any yet, but if/when they do what do you think we'll get. I'm thinking the Fantasticar, the Blacklbird, the Quinjet, the SHIELD Helicarrier (though that might be more of a play set).

jedimastergeorge06
08-10-2009, 05:43 PM
I am looking for the nick fury mail away figure... so if anyone on here is selling him or wanting to trade him let me know please!! I have plenty of figures to trade for him or i can buy him with his weapons. I dont care much for the packaging.

DoktorAvidan
08-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Saw Nick Fury for 60 bucks on Ebay.

dantes_inferno
08-10-2009, 09:09 PM
i maybe selling my nick fury when i get it. (i havent sent away for it yet though) so if you are still interested, let me know what youre willing to trade for it

Odie91
08-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Red Hulk and Hobgoblin and a couple others up on HTS!

NerfTW
08-11-2009, 11:32 AM
i maybe selling my nick fury when i get it. (i havent sent away for it yet though) so if you are still interested, let me know what youre willing to trade for it

You might be too late. As near as I can tell, the offer is no longer up. I think they sold out.

I'd suggest firing off an email to Marvel Digital customer service before sending a check in.

Pynpunk45
08-11-2009, 01:59 PM
You should be alright Dantes, the sit says:

"Must be postmarked by 1/15/2010."

NerfTW
08-11-2009, 02:03 PM
If supplies last. And the fact that it doesn't tell you about the offer when signing up anymore implies to me that they are in fact sold out.

kidcage
08-11-2009, 02:08 PM
That would certainly suck if they were sold out, I'd contacted the email address they provided about questions because my check had been received but not cashed, and the agent I had been working with said Marvel would be in touch with me shortly.

That was over two weeks ago. I mailed in my check and order form the first of June and figured I'd be able to get the figure by now, so it would surely suck if they sold out and I'm out the money for the digital subscription and $4.99 I mailed them for s/h with no figure to show for it.

I've loved this board by the way, it's where I've been going for all my info on this line. So far of the single figures the only one I'm missing is Rulk, the three packs I need the Henchman and DD/IM/SS pack, and then I'm working on trying to get the Secret Wars ones. I figure I'll also try and get the Invaders and Black and White Cap when money permits, lol. But with a move as well happening, the collecting of the toys will have to wait until payday.

jedimastergeorge06
08-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I am still interested in fury if you get him..let me know if you do and good luck!

DoktorAvidan
08-11-2009, 06:35 PM
If anyone is missing anything, I'll look at my comics shop. They buy and sell the line so it has some rarities. Like the 3 Rulks i talked about.

I'm good to trade with. I've traded online with one guy twice and once with someone else.

I just mail them out via cardboard box.

Phantom-like Menace
08-11-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm not too worried about Fury. I figure he'll be released again at some point, and even if it's the Ultimate version, I'll have one eventually.

Just an attempt to stimulate conversation:

When they first announced this line I believe the said there were going to be some vehicles. As far as I know they have not announced any yet, but if/when they do what do you think we'll get. I'm thinking the Fantasticar, the Blacklbird, the Quinjet, the SHIELD Helicarrier (though that might be more of a play set).

The Quinjet has been heavily requested for 6", and I'd be quite interested in having one for 3 3/4". I'd hope if they get around to doing vehicles, that would be a lock. The Blackbird, though, would be my primary want. Unfortunately, I can almost imagine vehicles would be more along the lines of Spider-Man's attack sports coupe or Wolverine's tank or some other such nonsense. A Helicarrier playset would be seriously awesome, though.

DoktorAvidan
08-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Spidey Mobile motha****a

Pynpunk45
08-12-2009, 02:16 PM
The part of me that is a die hard Spidey fan is right there with you DoktorAvidan....then there is the part of me that read that ridiculous issue that is hanging its head in shame at the idea...

AlecEiffel
08-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Unfortunately, I can almost imagine vehicles would be more along the lines of Spider-Man's attack sports coupe or Wolverine's tank or some other such nonsense. A Helicarrier playset would be seriously awesome, though.

I'm hoping not, so far they seem to be keeping pretty close to the comics with this line, we don't have a scuba Wolverine or anything yet. The way they are pumping out Iron Man variations, though...

I'd pay a bit extra for a Ghost Rider with Motorcycle or even a Logan with Motorcycle (I know this exists already in the XMO line, but I want a Universe quality release).

NerfTW
08-12-2009, 07:31 PM
The Wolverine Origins line also has Wolverine's "jeep".

Here's a hint, it's not his jeep, even though I'm positive there was a G.I. Joe vehicle that they could have used. Instead they're using some freaky one man car with a drill thingy. It might have been linked in this thread a long ways back.

Duffman
08-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Edited info, message was incorrect. Thanks AlecEiffel, you are correct.

AlecEiffel
08-12-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm pretty sure that those figures are 6 inch.

bluesuntrader
08-13-2009, 08:29 AM
I saw Electro and Guardian today at my Local Comic shop. They look really good, but the guy wanted 12.95 each for them...sigh...

Target and walmart should be getting them anytime i would assume.

AlecEiffel
08-13-2009, 02:20 PM
My local comic shop sells them for 12.95 too, and one of the things that the owner is super prideful of is not marking up his toys at all. He said that's what the distributor sold it to him for and I have no reason not to trust him based on past experience. I think the comic shops are just getting a raw deal with these.

Zalis
08-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Picked up the Thunderball and Spider-Man Secret Wars pack today. Pretty neat in my opinion. They didn't have the other 2 Secret Wars 2 packs, so I'll hunt for those either tonight or tomorrow.

bluesuntrader
08-13-2009, 07:39 PM
My local comic shop sells them for 12.95 too, and one of the things that the owner is super prideful of is not marking up his toys at all. He said that's what the distributor sold it to him for and I have no reason not to trust him based on past experience. I think the comic shops are just getting a raw deal with these.

I totally agree. Their is no way in hell that they can compete with Target and Walmart.

I give my guy all the business i can, but when i can get it for 1/2 his price...well...

El Chuxter
08-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Diamond gives comic shops a lousy discount on toys relative to what the big retailers get. But they're too small to qualify for the deep discounts Hasbro gives WM or Target, or even K-Mart or TRU, if they were to go direct.

RooJay
08-14-2009, 02:10 AM
Picked up Wolverine/Torch 2-pack the other day. Wolverine's hands were stuck. Tried to loosen them, and one of them broke off.:mad:

Pynpunk45
08-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Dr. Doom artwork and has been released by Bob Layton for the fourth wave of Secret Wars packs. Also, I read that Hasbro confirmed the the entire Wrecking Crew would come out in the Secret Wars series. So, now we only don't know the identity of the final figure...

El Chuxter
08-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Circuit Breaker! Woo!!!!! :crazed:

El Chuxter
08-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Seriously, I don't have a single Marvel figure, but I'd be first in line for Circuit Breaker.

AlecEiffel
08-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Dr. Doom artwork and has been released by Bob Layton for the fourth wave of Secret Wars packs. Also, I read that Hasbro confirmed the the entire Wrecking Crew would come out in the Secret Wars series. So, now we only don't know the identity of the final figure...

Is there a Beyonder planned?

candyman951
08-14-2009, 03:42 PM
found secret wars packs at walmart. i find it funny that they charge about a dollar more for the single cards but the doubles are 12.88. anyways, any idea on when we should see gigantic battles in Wally's World?

NerfTW
08-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Is there a Beyonder planned?

He was an energy blob in Secret Wars. Secret Wars II is when he took a human form.

AlecEiffel
08-14-2009, 04:48 PM
oh, true, true.

Phantom-like Menace
08-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Damn, I went by TRU yesterday and found I'd missed the three-packs. All they had left was the SHIELD/Hydra Soldier/Hand Ninja set. I grabbed it, but I really wanted Firestar!

And now I walk into TRU and I see a set with some yellowish figure and another figure in all white, and I start to celebrate but . . . it's that DD, Stealth Iron Ma, and Silver (White?) Surfer. Curses.

plasticfetish
08-15-2009, 10:28 PM
And now I walk into TRU and I see a set with some yellowish figure and another figure in all white, and I start to celebrate but . . . it's that DD, Stealth Iron Ma, and Silver (White?) Surfer. Curses.WTF is up with that set?

First of all, it's $30... which is f***ing insane. And secondly, the paint on every one of the figures is ridiculous. We're paying $30 for a set just because it's in a "special" box? I mean... it's a nice box and all, but not that nice.

I'm standing there at TRU looking at it with my son, and he looks over at the nice shiny single carded (though different) Stealth Iron Man on the pegs, and he makes the observation that the one in the set is lame by comparison. And it is! I know that they're trying to do a kind of comic book-ish paint job, like the way they've handled some of the Star Wars sets, but it just doesn't work here I think.

figrin bran
08-15-2009, 11:31 PM
That Stealth Iron Man in the 3 pack is the animated mold, correct? Which is readily available on the pegs at TRU in single carded form. :rolleyes:

Dephigravity
08-16-2009, 10:13 AM
The Stealth Armor in the box set is a repaint of the classic MU Iron Man. I don"t Think it looks bad. I bought it because of Daredevil. Mine was only 24.99 but that is because they put all the 3 packs behind the same label instead of giving them a second facing.... I had to tell them about the different prices. I totally agree with you on Th Silver Surfer though... I was expecting more of a silver Metal paint job....

Stevolittle423
08-16-2009, 10:43 AM
I also only paid 22.99 for my Daredevil 3pk. I had told them about having them behind the 22.99 label and that someone was going to complain. I went in two days later and it was still there, so I figured they must not have cared. I demanded it for that price. I refused to pay an extra $7 for a silver box.

ZeoVGM
08-17-2009, 12:22 AM
That Stealth Iron Man in the 3 pack is the animated mold, correct? Which is readily available on the pegs at TRU in single carded form. :rolleyes:

Not even remotely. It's a repaint of the classic armor, and a great figure.

bluesuntrader
08-17-2009, 07:40 AM
So I was on the fence about the Namor figure from the invaders set. I was not sure that I liked him all that much, but then I saw the wave 5 Namor in biker / wwf outfit, and was glad that I opened the Invader Namor. He is the one that i grew up with, and to me anyways looks the best.

I am flirting with the idea of selling the Torch figure and the Captain America from the invaders set, cause i really like the cap and torch from the secret wars sets.

Its not like the torches are the same character, so its acceptable to have 2

Captain America has a little bit of a dull tone to his costume, which i totally dig.

Part of me wants to keep the 2 but part of me wants money so i can buy my wave 5 Electro and Guardian. ...sigh...

I need a magic 8-ball to help out here.

kidcage
08-17-2009, 01:45 PM
See, for me the Invaders were the first series of comics I collected, and I'd love to get the boxset someday, we'll see though.

The bad news I found out is Marvel got back to me about my inquiry on the Fury figure, and even though I was sent a confirmation email, a cerificate to mail, and a confirmation number, because I renewed my digital and didn't do the $24.99 or yearly one, I don't count. So now I'd have to do one of the other ones and they'll process my figure immediately. Didn't stop them from liking my $10 and $4.99 S/H.

I'm half tempted to make a stink about it, and how I went through the motions and received all the info to get my figure, and now they're holding out, but I don't know if I can get that mean, lol. Anyone have any advice?

-Matt-

jedimastergeorge06
08-17-2009, 03:59 PM
KIDCAGE,
I would tell them how you got all the confirmation emails and you were told that it was being processed and every thing and that its not right!

But then again they might not care but you never know...some times you have to speak up and some times you have to be a little mean about things...not real mean but just enough that they get your point.
Thats what i would do. But if they wont do anything about it then its up to you of how bad you want that figure. I know i would love to have that figure myself and if i were you i would just do what ever it takes to get it but thats just me. It all depends on you...how bad do you want it.

Beast
08-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Action Figs has carded pics of Wave 1 of the Marvel Universe line for 2010.

No pic of Vision as of yet. Though I assume he'll turn up soon. :)

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3360

The Captain
08-17-2009, 07:14 PM
I also only paid 22.99 for my Daredevil 3pk. I had told them about having them behind the 22.99 label and that someone was going to complain. I went in two days later and it was still there, so I figured they must not have cared. I demanded it for that price. I refused to pay an extra $7 for a silver box.

The same thing happened to me. I felt a little guilty at first, but they had all the 3 packs together. So I got the Daredevil pack for 22.99.

NerfTW
08-17-2009, 07:35 PM
KIDCAGE,
I would tell them how you got all the confirmation emails and you were told that it was being processed and every thing and that its not right!

But then again they might not care but you never know...some times you have to speak up and some times you have to be a little mean about things...not real mean but just enough that they get your point.
Thats what i would do. But if they wont do anything about it then its up to you of how bad you want that figure. I know i would love to have that figure myself and if i were you i would just do what ever it takes to get it but thats just me. It all depends on you...how bad do you want it.

Agreed. It should have told you which subscriptions work. See if they'll let you upgrade the subscription somehow. Also, don't worry about your check, they aren't going to cash it if they aren't sending it. If you're really worried, have the bank put a stop on the check. That way it can't be cashed.

ZeoVGM
08-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Action Figs has carded pics of Wave 1 of the Marvel Universe line for 2010.

No pic of Vision as of yet. Though I assume he'll turn up soon. :)

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3360

MarvelousNews has Vision.

RooJay
08-18-2009, 01:08 AM
Yeesh! Hopefully when that Jean Grey figure ships, she'll actually have a bit of a neck! What a disappointment!

Beast
08-18-2009, 09:47 AM
MarvelousNews has Vision.
They do? I checked their gallery and there's no Vision to be found.

NerfTW
08-18-2009, 10:32 AM
I noticed the web backpack on the House of M spider-man. That's awesome! I loved the one way back in the ToyBiz animated series line that came with the "battle damaged" Spider-man. This will go great with the Secret Wars one who is CURRENTLY MELTING IN 110 DEGREE HEAT IN A FRIEND'S CAR BECAUSE HE WON'T REMEMBER TO BRING IT INSIDE. :cry:

ZeoVGM
08-19-2009, 07:19 PM
They do? I checked their gallery and there's no Vision to be found.

Oh, my bad. I mean, they put out an official picture of Vision, but not the carded one.

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=Hasbro%2FMarvel_Universe%2F2010%2FWave_1%2F&pic=Vision.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

Also, ToyArk has a picture of a dark red Daredevil variant.

bluesuntrader
08-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Well i found the deadpool with weapon today, and i must say he is way better than the deadpool single figure originally released.

TheGreyGhost
08-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Black and White Captain America is in stock at HTS again. Better pick them up quick, guys.

Zalis
08-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Black and White Captain America is in stock at HTS again. Better pick them up quick, guys.

Grabbed mine last night. I probably shouldn't put it off, but I'm going to wait on the Invaders box set until next week.

NerfTW
08-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Considering there's still 1143 units left, I don't think you have much to worry about.

bluesuntrader
08-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Anybody see Electro or Guardian yet in retail stores other than Comics shops?

Dephigravity
08-21-2009, 03:47 PM
I haven't. All the stores around here have Classic Iron Mans, Hand Ninjas, Human Torches and Things... I've only found wave 4 once and I luckily snapped em up. No Wave 5 though.

Zalis
08-21-2009, 04:26 PM
Got wave 5 in the mail today. All the figures are awesome, especially Guardian and Electro!

dantes_inferno
08-21-2009, 08:07 PM
any info on when the gigantic battles would be hitting stores? i keep checking my walmarts and no sign and the people who work at them here suck.

RooJay
08-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Wal-Mart in general sucks, and like all of their exclusives I wouldn't count on ever seeing them outside of eBay.:rolleyes:

The Captain
08-22-2009, 07:01 AM
Wal-Mart in general sucks, and like all of their exclusives I wouldn't count on ever seeing them outside of eBay.:rolleyes:

In my neck of the woods, there are three Walmarts. One of them rarely carries this stuff. And when it does, it's weeks or even months later. The other two Wal mart stores are a little better, but not as good as Target or ToysRUs. I don't know why there's such a difference in Walmarts!

NerfTW
08-22-2009, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure why Wal-mart even carries toys in the first place. It's more of an "impulse item" in their business plan. That's probably why they're so inconsistent with them. I've never seen a Wal-mart with a toy section that wasn't a mess or empty.

The Captain
08-22-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure why Wal-mart even carries toys in the first place. It's more of an "impulse item" in their business plan. That's probably why they're so inconsistent with them. I've never seen a Wal-mart with a toy section that wasn't a mess or empty.

Lately I've been having the best luck at Target. It's in the same shopping center as Toys R Us, and sometimes gets the new figures out two or three weeks sooner. Both of them consistently beat Walmart. :whip:

I'd like to know if this is just a local thing, or if it holds true all over the country.

bluesuntrader
08-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Got wave 5 in the mail today. All the figures are awesome, especially Guardian and Electro!

Did you get them on ebay, or another online retailer?

NerfTW
08-22-2009, 12:53 PM
I finally got my comic packs out of my friend's car last night, and on opening, I have to say, this Captain America figure is a steaming pile of crap.

The plastic used is chalky and just feels flimsy. The colors are way off, and there's almost no actual paint applications on this guy. The parts done in red plastic look like something you'd get out of a gumball machine. The blue plastic looks almost dusty. It clashes horribly with his shield, which uses the Ultimate Cap's shades of red and blue.

The Spider-man paint job is pretty awful as well. Klaw is flimsy, and Thuderball for some reason can't put his chest directly over his torso, so he's always leaning with his hips out.

I don't normally say this, but I'm kind of appalled at the quality compared to the main line.

bluesuntrader
08-22-2009, 05:53 PM
I finally got my comic packs out of my friend's car last night, and on opening, I have to say, this Captain America figure is a steaming pile of crap.

The plastic used is chalky and just feels flimsy. The colors are way off, and there's almost no actual paint applications on this guy. The parts done in red plastic look like something you'd get out of a gumball machine. The blue plastic looks almost dusty. It clashes horribly with his shield, which uses the Ultimate Cap's shades of red and blue.

The Spider-man paint job is pretty awful as well. Klaw is flimsy, and Thuderball for some reason can't put his chest directly over his torso, so he's always leaning with his hips out.

I don't normally say this, but I'm kind of appalled at the quality compared to the main line.

I agree with you about the Captain America I like the Invaders Cap the best so far.

bluesuntrader
08-22-2009, 09:24 PM
I think the secret wars packs are almost the same quality as the gi-joe packs. they are sub-par compared to the regular line. WHY!!!! AHHHHH!!!

they are making figures that have never been produced (klaw) and giving them **** detail, parts, etc....

sigh....

I hate to be a complainer...

lovethaxi
08-23-2009, 03:43 AM
Copped the 70th Anniversary Box Set off of Hasbrotoyshop.com for $39.99 ($46.97 with shipping).

TheGreyGhost
08-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Got the third 3 pack from TRU yesterday for 30 bucks. As of now, my collection is complete.

All I'm missing, as far as I know, is the Red Hulk variant. I don't want it though, cause it looks too similar to be worth it to me.

Dephigravity
08-24-2009, 02:57 PM
I got my comics packs today, after waiting for ever for and irresponsible ebay idiot neglected to say it was a pre-order.... can we say refund... LOL I got mine at Toys R Us and I have to say I am also a bit disappointed. Klaw is okay, Thunderball is okay, Torch looks better than his first version, (Do I need another Spider-man?), Cap is passable but I agree that the other versions are better, and my Wolverine's hand fell off before I got him out of the package. GRRR!

NerfTW
08-24-2009, 03:08 PM
I think every site that does a Marvel Q&A needs to bring this issue up with Hasbro and demand an answer. We need to know that this kind of crappy quality isn't going to be carried into the future comic packs.

figrin bran
08-25-2009, 01:16 AM
I actually like the Secret Wars Cap the best (then again I don't have Invaders Cap)

Dephigravity
08-25-2009, 03:41 PM
He is accurate to the Secret Wars comic colors, I will give him that but the plastic just feels sub par foe this line.

bluesuntrader
08-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Well if we are going to rate captain americas, and taking in everyones opionions which are like A$$holes everyone has one. I am going to say I like the black and white cap its really cool, but the invader is the second and the secret wars is good, and the ultimate is the worst. just my ***** I mean opinion.

Pynpunk45
08-26-2009, 11:19 AM
I know SDCC was only just a month ago, but does anyone else feel like we haven't heard anything in a while?

NerfTW
08-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Unlike Star Wars, or even G.I. Joe, I think we can expect Marvel Universe news to be a bit sparse unless the line REALLY ramps up. I would like to see another Q&A session, though. Mostly to ask about the quality of a lot of the comic packs (Although it appears some people aren't finding any problems,I wonder if it was just one factory or shipment?) and who officially the two other fans choice figures were. And when they're coming out. The fact that Luke Cage was on the list in the costume he's coming out in means he might be one of them or they made a mistake putting him on there.

I wouldn't expect new rumor lists until..... oh wait, September is next week. I fully expect new rumor lists to start showing up very soon.

TheGreyGhost
08-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm kinda ****ed, because my Thunderball's arms are not placed onto the torso correctly. The ball joint for the shoulder is sticking out on one of them weird, and the biceps on both arms are halfway off. And trying to pop them in doesn't seem to be working at all...

The other figures in my two packs are fine, but I would have much rather had my spider-man be defective and not my Thunderball. (consider I have four Spider-Man figures now)

NerfTW
08-26-2009, 01:02 PM
If you can find another one, buy it and return your original. It is a defective product, after all.

TheGreyGhost
08-26-2009, 10:35 PM
I already opened it and lost the receipt. I might just go out and buy a new one anyways, this time paying more attention to how it looks in the package of course.

Maybe I can turn this POS Thunderball into a classic Luke Cage or something. Maybe repaint the Spider-Man too...

lovethaxi
08-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Copped Grey Hulk from HTS.com
for $14.97, and all three Secret Wars Packs and Black Costume Spider-Man from Wal-Mart.
I know it may sound cliche, but I want a Venom.
I hope it's the "first" Venom, though :) (no tougue)

candyman951
08-31-2009, 12:37 AM
Wave 5 in stores. I picked up upside down Spidey, silver centurion Iron Man and "fisted"Iron Fist from a local Walmart. have to hit up Target tomorrow for the rest hopefully they have them.

Pynpunk45
08-31-2009, 11:23 AM
It was announced today that Disney will acquire the rights to all Marvel properties. Now, for me at least, it is impossible to walk through the toy section in any store and not see mountains of Disney crap and that coupled with the fact that Disney has its own stores (the Disney Store) in many malls, maybe MU figures wont be so few and far between in the future.

plasticfetish
08-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Awesome! Now I can finally get that Little Mermaid vs. Doctor Doom set that I've always wanted. :rolleyes:

ZeoVGM
08-31-2009, 07:12 PM
It was announced today that Disney will acquire the rights to all Marvel properties. Now, for me at least, it is impossible to walk through the toy section in any store and not see mountains of Disney crap and that coupled with the fact that Disney has its own stores (the Disney Store) in many malls, maybe MU figures wont be so few and far between in the future.

Well, I guess you might see toys at Disney Stores now, but other than that, Disney has absolutely zero to do with Hasbro's Marvel toys. All current contracts will remain.

NerfTW
09-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Indeed. Hasbro is a seperate entity from Disney and Marvel. Not to mention Disney is part of a much larger corporation. Just like you won't see the adult ABC series items in the Disney stores, you won't be seeing Marvel suddenly popping up. Especially given Disney's stance of keeping it's properties separate.

For instance, the princess collections used to have a rule (might be gone now) where they couldn't be looking at eachother, because they don't exist in the same fictional worlds. The Ducktales world doesn't interact with the human worlds, and Mickey just seems to be kept in his own little world now.

Putting the more adult Marvel characters into the Disney store would disrupt the "kid friendly" feel of it. Maybe Super Hero Squad might show up, but definitely not the more adult oriented figures.

DarkArtist
09-02-2009, 11:46 AM
should be interesting to see how Disney is going to battle Universal with this latest purchase, since Universal has the Spiderman ride and Universal is a major competitor for tourists in the Hollywood / Orlando areas.

i wuold imagine that Disney would keep the Marvel atmosphere limited to the Disney Studios theme park and the Disney stores would carry just the kid friendly stuff instead the legends and fury files stuff.

can almost bet that Disney will release versions of the Disney characters decked out in Marvel gear similiar to the Star Wars Disney series.

Spider Mickey anyone ?

ZeoVGM
09-02-2009, 06:28 PM
should be interesting to see how Disney is going to battle Universal with this latest purchase, since Universal has the Spiderman ride and Universal is a major competitor for tourists in the Hollywood / Orlando areas.

It remains at Universal for the foreseeable future, as all current contracts stay in place.

candyman951
09-03-2009, 04:47 AM
Anyone have any luck finding the latest wave? I still haven't found anything outside the walmart I made a trip to on Sunday.

AlecEiffel
09-03-2009, 11:46 AM
Forget about this wave, I'm still looking for Modern Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight and Rulk.

candyman951
09-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Forget about this wave, I'm still looking for Modern Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight and Rulk.
rulk really is hard to find but supposedly he is apart of this wave as well. I saw the other two at the walmart I found 3 wave 5 figs. If you want I could pick them up and ship em to you. All you'd have to do is keep an eye out for rulk for me as well.

Dephigravity
09-03-2009, 02:46 PM
We got our first case in (at the Target I work at) in 2 months.... there was a Rulk and Ms. Marvel and a Thing variant which i finally just ebayed the day before....:whip: but no wave 5 yet.... grr now to wait till we sell through these...

NerfTW
09-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Anyone who kept the Marvel Digital subscription find themselves charged, but without an active account?

TheGreyGhost
09-03-2009, 05:35 PM
No, but I fear this is going to happen to me very soon. I deleted my account, but never actually "ended" my subscription so it's been a fear in the back of my mind for a while.

Hell will be raised if this happens.

candyman951
09-04-2009, 03:47 AM
Woo hoo! i found Rulk at Walmart last nite... now bring on the rest of wave 5!

DarkArtist
09-04-2009, 10:05 AM
is the Nick Fury promo still available.... i never got a chance to sign up for the subscription or figure.

Old Fossil
09-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Anybody see Electro or Guardian yet in retail stores other than Comics shops?

Found this wave at WM this morning... I only bought a Grey Hulk and the Thing variant.

candyman951
09-07-2009, 02:15 PM
Target and TRU failed me this wave. i found every figure at WallyWorld cept for spidey variant black and red costume. that is this wave right?

21Dimensions
09-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Old Fossil, what city did you find wave 5 in? I'm trying to track this wave on a map in the marvelousnews.com forums (http://forums.marvelousnews.com/index.php?showtopic=2056234&st=0).

kidcage
09-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Amazingly enough, I was able to find Wave 5 last Tuesday while at Wal-Mart. I figured I'd just take a look and see if they had a variant Thing, and lo and behold all five Wave 5 and Red Hulk were staring at me. I picked up Guardian, Namor, and Electro (WHOOT), and am debating whether I want ANOTHER Spider-Man (since I have four red/blue ones including the original repaint) and the Iron Man repaint. Thing is, the Iron Man one looked BEAUTIFUL enough to make me think I'll pick it up tomorrow.

And then of course, I bought a Human Torch I off ebay for $7 with shipping, so now I just need to get the others from SDCC. That, and Nick Fury, lol.

Old Fossil
09-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Old Fossil, what city did you find wave 5 in? I'm trying to track this wave on a map in the marvelousnews.com forums (http://forums.marvelousnews.com/index.php?showtopic=2056234&st=0).

Laurel, Mississippi, zip code 39440. Hope this helps.

Phantom-like Menace
09-08-2009, 01:02 AM
I finally found the Amazing Friends set. Unfortunately I found it Friday, and I've been working too damned much at two different jobs to enjoy it. I also finally broke down and bought a modern Punisher.

The Captain
09-08-2009, 05:09 AM

I saw wave 5 in Walmart yesterday. My zip is 66610.

This is a first for around here. Usually this particular Walmart is dead last in putting out new figures. But I picked up Guardian, and Namor. They also had Electro, Up-side down spidey, and the close fisted Iron Fist.

I really like the mold for Guardian. It's the same mold used for Namor as well. But with the vest and belt, you have to look close to be able to tell. Not true for the mold used with Silver Surfer. It the same body mold for Silver Surfer is also the same as used for Torch, and Iron Fist. For some reason, I like it for Silver Surfer, but not Torch, or Iron Fist. Too skinny!

The Captain
09-08-2009, 05:15 AM

This is a first for around here. Usually this particular Walmart is dead last in putting out new figures. But I picked up Guardian, and Namor. They also had Electro, Up-side down spidey, and the close fisted Iron Fist.

I really like the mold for Guardian. It's the same mold used for Namor as well. But with the vest and belt, you have to look close to be able to tell. Not true for the mold used with Silver Surfer. It the same body mold for Silver Surfer is also the same as used for Torch, and Iron Fist. For some reason, I like it for Silver Surfer, but not Torch, or Iron Fist. Too skinny!

Oh yes, I would add Electro also has the same body mold as Silver Surfer. And, it fits my mental image of him, so I don't mind. I just think of the torch and Iron Fist as being a little heftier physically.

21Dimensions
09-08-2009, 10:09 AM

When I first read this post I thought this had to be a fake zip code, come on 666 ... 10. LOL. Crazy Topeka Kansas.

ZeoVGM
09-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Ah man, my local TRU has all three 3-packs.

RooJay
09-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Picked up the Iron Man/Spider-Woman Secret Wars 2-pack this evening at Target. Guess the new wave has shipped!

Really wish the Iron Man in this set has a little something different to offer than the Classic Iron Man we've already got. The setup below (note the detail on Iron Man's shoulders in the upper left corner) might have been nice.

figrin bran
09-10-2009, 11:01 PM
I found Secret Wars wave 2 at Target as well though I didn't see Iron Man/Spider Woman. Bought Magneto/Spidey and Hulk/Cyclops.

I didn't buy classic IM so it works out well for me that he's in one of the packs.

NerfTW
09-12-2009, 01:10 PM
I haven't seen any wave 4 in stores here yet, not to mention no Star Wars since the ANH wave. And last year's comic packs.

And the Hasbro toy shop hasn't updated in forever. I'm starting to get a little ****ed off at Hasbro.

DarkArtist
09-14-2009, 11:27 AM
I spotted Wave 5 the other day in Walmart in Old Bridge but passed as there is really no characters that I'm actually looking for... Was thinking about the Guardian but passed, and Electro and Namor do nothing for me, plus Spidey is just a repack, can't really tell any differences in the figure except maybe a darker paint wash... I did pick up the Silver / red version of Iron Man a few weeks back.

RooJay
09-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Yay! Finally scored Red Hulk this past weekend! Go me!!!

ZeoVGM
09-15-2009, 02:34 AM
Yay! Finally scored Red Hulk this past weekend! Go me!!!

Glossy or matte?

NerfTW
09-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Good news, everyone!

Wave 5 is up at Hasbro Toy Shop, along with some of the first comic pack wave!

AlecEiffel
09-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Both on and off topic. Picked up the new Ultimate Alliance game for PS3 today, haven't got a chance to play yet, but can't wait.

RooJay
09-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Glossy or matte?

Meh, who knows? All I care is that he's both Hulk and red, and what's more - he's now mine!

ZeoVGM
09-16-2009, 02:37 AM
Meh, who knows? All I care is that he's both Hulk and red, and what's more - he's now mine!

Well I mean, it's pretty easy to tell. Haha. The matte one is harder to find, apparently.

ZeoVGM
09-16-2009, 02:38 AM
Speaking of, someone found a matte variant of Electro.

RooJay
09-17-2009, 02:35 AM
Well I mean, it's pretty easy to tell. Haha. The matte one is harder to find, apparently.

Well, I didn't mean that I couldn't tell. I meant that I didn't care. Looks like I did get the matte version, though.

ZeoVGM
09-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Hm, I'm starting to wonder which one is more rare. I don't have Red Hulk yet -- does it show the matte or glossy one on the back of the package?

Rocketboy
09-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Glossy and matte variants? Jeez, I thought these kinds of variants were left in the 90's.

I'm having Boba Fett circle/half circle flashbacks.

ZeoVGM
09-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Glossy and matte variants? Jeez, I thought these kinds of variants were left in the 90's.

I'm having Boba Fett circle/half circle flashbacks.

It might be a factory error, but it's a widespread one (at least for Hulk -- I've not seen Electro myself, at all actually).

Just got back from TRU. Finally picked up some wave 4 stuff: Moon Knight, Union Jack, and Blade. As well as the Marvel 70th Anniversary 3-pack (Iron Man, Daredevil, Silver Surfer) so now I just need the Henchman one. Also got the costumed Iceman from the W&XM line.

figrin bran
09-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Anyone need a Grey Hulk? I picked one up at WM the other day.

Wow, do I ever have some QC issues to report with Secret Wars wave 2! Black Spidey has a very tight left shoulder joint and because of the cheaper plastic that is used on these figures, the bicep joint has a bit of stress on it and is going to break off if I move it any more. He's also matte, which I don't know if it's by design or not.

That's still not as bad an offense as Secret Wars Cyclops. I don't like the character at all so I'm a bit biased but still, this has to be the worst MU figure thus far. He too is matte but it looks horrible and the paint apps are very, very sloppy. The "X" belt buckle is just painted in and I think were it a normal glossy figure, it wouldn't be that bad but the matte finish makes it look extremely cheap.

NerfTW
09-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Oh, I forgot. I got an extra Blade figure, still carded for my birthday by accident, if anyone wants to trade.

I need a Flaming Human Torch. Or Grey hulk.

The Captain
09-18-2009, 12:14 AM
:rolleyes: Does anyone out there know if there is a Thor figure and a Conan figure on the drawing board for the Marvel Universe, 3 3/4" line in the near future?

NerfTW
09-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Conan, I wish.

Thor has both the "classic" version in the comic packs with Enchantress, and his "modern" armor in wave 2 of 2010, which will probably be out before the end of the year.

El Chuxter
09-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Conan would have to be a no. It's licensed, and Marvel hasn't had the rights for a while.

ZeoVGM
09-18-2009, 04:00 AM

Wow, do I ever have some QC issues to report with Secret Wars wave 2! Black Spidey has a very tight left shoulder joint and because of the cheaper plastic that is used on these figures, the bicep joint has a bit of stress on it and is going to break off if I move it any more. He's also matte, which I don't know if it's by design or not.

That's still not as bad an offense as Secret Wars Cyclops. I don't like the character at all so I'm a bit biased but still, this has to be the worst MU figure thus far. He too is matte but it looks horrible and the paint apps are very, very sloppy. The "X" belt buckle is just painted in and I think were it a normal glossy figure, it wouldn't be that bad but the matte finish makes it look extremely cheap.

Black Spidey is supposed to be matte.

RooJay
09-18-2009, 04:21 AM

Boy, do I? That is, if no one else has taken you up already...

Anyone know off hand where I'm supposed to be looking for the Spidey and Amazing Friends 3-packs? I can't really do without them, and I'm beginning to worry that I might have to anyway.

ZeoVGM
09-18-2009, 05:58 AM
Boy, do I? That is, if no one else has taken you up already...

Anyone know off hand where I'm supposed to be looking for the Spidey and Amazing Friends 3-packs? I can't really do without them, and I'm beginning to worry that I might have to anyway.

Toys R Us exclusive.

RooJay
09-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks! I'll keep looking then.

bluesuntrader
09-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Picked up the Marvel Secret Wars 2 packs today, and again the quality is sub-par.

The Hulk has a green mouth, which i easily fixed with a black fine point sharpie, and he looks so much better now.

Cyclops - My favorite costume and its paint job is well...sh$T. I will touch him up best i can.

Magneto - to me is perfect.

Black Spider man - moved his leg and the dam thing popped out. Paint Job is pretty good.

Spider woman - terrible looking figure all the way.

I am not sure i like the matte finish, so as in the past i have picked up some lacquer that does a real good job on figures. its almost like a clear coat that adds a little luster to the figure, and removes the cheapness that some have complained about.

All in all I like the figures. They are after all designed for Ages 4 and up.

again these are my opinions and you cant have them

gooeychicken
09-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Where's everyone finding the Secret Wars wave 2? Havent seen them anywhere, been to 6 Targets and they haven't even gotten the first sets :/

Got a spare Rulk it looks like the shiny variant but I can't be sure. PM if interested :)

bluesuntrader
09-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Where's everyone finding the Secret Wars wave 2? Havent seen them anywhere, been to 6 Targets and they haven't even gotten the first sets :/

Got a spare Rulk it looks like the shiny variant but I can't be sure. PM if interested :)

Wal-Mart is my favorite spot.

figrin bran
09-19-2009, 10:53 PM

I've only seen Secret Wars 2 at one Target thus far.

candyman951
09-20-2009, 01:31 AM
anyone find the red and black spidey?

TheGreyGhost
09-20-2009, 08:36 AM
I haven't found crap around here, which is odd because I was finding stuff a lot earlier then was reported...

I think my stores are just taking their sweet *** time restocking/re-doing their aisles or something. Not too bad for me considering I am a bit low on cash at the moment...

El Chuxter
09-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Got a question for you fine fellows, although you might see it as a bit blasphemous....

How tough are these figures to customize? I don't have a single Marvel figure yet, so I'm not sure about construction: are we talking GIJoe, where it's relatively easy to disassemble them; Indiana Jones, where it takes an act of Congress and one's likely to destroy whatever he's not using; or Star Wars, kinda in between?

I don't really want to get into Marvel figures (especially with the tendency toward current characters and costumes that I don't care about), but a combination of Thing lower body and Hulk upper body looks like it could be the basis for a pretty solid Dreadnok Road Pig. I don't want to waste $20 to find out it's a practical impossibility, though. And, since I'm not sure whether the red or green Hulk head would work best, I definitely wouldn't want to sacrifice an impossible-to-find figure for a custom that isn't going to work. (I saw two Rulks once on the front of the Marvel pegs, and thought nothing of it. Didn't even realize he was rare until looking more closely at the last page or so of this thread. But, if it makes anyone breathe easier, I think the Rulk head is a tad too "insane" for my needs.)

figrin bran
09-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Chux, you picked perhaps the two worst figures to try to disassemble from this line. That joint that connects the lower and upper body is quite thick and I'm just not sure if separating could be done without destroying the figures. As for the heads, on any other MU figure, head swapping is easy (finding compatible neck posts is a different story) but Hulk's and Things's head seem pretty hard to separate.

Btw, all Marvel figures are 2 for $10 this week at TRU.

El Chuxter
09-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Well, since the groin areas (hee hee) are mostly the same in both, far as I can tell, are the legs assembled in such a way that swapping them would be doable?

figrin bran
09-21-2009, 01:55 AM
Well, since the groin areas (hee hee) are mostly the same in both, far as I can tell, are the legs assembled in such a way that swapping them would be doable?

I suppose you could but only if you boiled the figures long enough and even then, you could probably only remove the knee joints.

RooJay
09-22-2009, 02:38 AM
Wow! Which version of Road Pig had you thinking that either of those figures would be good for a custom? I mean, he's always seemed like a pretty big guy to me, but cheese-and-crackers! Road Pig has never been so...hulking...:sur:

I kid - your custom Road Pig is your own business - just thought that was pretty funny!

El Chuxter
09-22-2009, 01:35 PM
He can beat up and then carry two Joes without cracking a sweat. That's pretty danged big.

And I've only seen pics online, so I've not actually compared these particular Marvel figures to Joes. :)

NerfTW
09-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Size wise, Hulk is already a little taller than the other Marvel figures, who are in turn a little taller than the G.I. Joes. Road Pig would look seven feet tall next to them if made out of Thing and Hulk. But given his size in the comic, that might look about right.

DarkArtist
09-22-2009, 03:25 PM
either way that would be a massive sized Road Pig and a very cool looking custom if you can pull it off..

El Chuxter
09-22-2009, 10:17 PM
I was actually comparing the figures (on the cards) in the stores, and Hulk looks like he's about the same height as ROC Heavy Duty. If I can find both in a TRU this week, I'll give it a shot. Hulk's head also looks like it's more or less the right shape, and the looney expression would work. I'd have to totally make his hammer and gear, but that's easier than making the supermuscled bare torso.

TheGreyGhost
09-23-2009, 01:39 PM
So I take it HTS isn't selling the San Diego Comic Con figures anymore?

NerfTW
09-23-2009, 01:42 PM
No, they're still up there:
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=820&SBR=726&ST=SO&NPG=27

Black and White cap is out of stock, though.

Phantom-like Menace
09-24-2009, 02:30 AM
I've gotten a pretty good amount of figures lately. I've grabbed four total sets of Shield/Hydra/Hand figures (even left one on the shelves), and I found the Secret Wars sets with Magneto/Spider-Man and Iron Man/Spider-Woman. I passed on Hulk/Cyclops.

I'm still looking forward to Guardian, all of Wave 1 of 2010 (minus Spider-Man), Black Widow, Extremis Iron Man, Juggernaut and Luke Cage for the regular figures; Archangel, Havok, and Mystique from the Fan's Choice; all of the next Secret Wars comic pack wave; Gigantic Battles Goliath with Ditko Iron Man. There may be one or two others I'd get if I saw them and really liked them.

gooeychicken
09-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Anyone know when is the release date for the Gigantic Battle sets is? I really want that Bucky Cap Figure.

DarkArtist
09-26-2009, 01:44 PM
picked up Secret Wars Spider Woman and Iron Man today at TRU in Woodbridge. not sure what I'm going to do with the Iron Man but Spider Woman looks cool.

now if Hasbro would only make Venom, Carnage and the rest of the clan I would be set

ZeoVGM
09-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Oh man, got my NYCC black and white Captain America in the mail today!

I don't know if I want to open it or not though.

bluesuntrader
09-27-2009, 07:44 PM
I opened mine. it was hard but i did it. I love that little figure

El Chuxter
09-28-2009, 08:49 AM
If anyone's curious, I'm attaching a picture of the by-product of my work: my daughter's latest "Bubbleman" (her name for Batman, which has become any superhero except Superman). Figgy, you were right about the difficulty factor: the rings are hard plastic in hard plastic, so it involved not only boiling, but cutting some of the soft plastic to get the legs off. (It's easier to crack open a GIJoe, and I thought about that, but the torsos on both these guys are supermassive, and I wasn't sure how doable that would be.) This is going to be one unrealistic Road Pig, anatomically speaking, but I always think of him as the guy that Roadblock and Andre the Giant, working together, wouldn't go up against in a fair fight, and he won't be so absurd that he looks ridiculous.

Main reason I'm posting, though: what are these Fury File codes for?

kidcage
09-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Now, I figure it was purely a packaging error, but wanted to know if anyone else had seen this.

I went to Toys R Us today and found the two Secret Wars packs I needed, and saw one of the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends three packs.

However instead of Firestar it was Ms. Marvel and the Iceman figure was a blue translucent figure (I think maybe from the Wolverine Origins line?). Has anyone else seen such a packaging error, or is that just us strange Arizona desert people?

Rocketboy
09-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Some a-hole bought it, swapped the figures with the two he wanted, and returned it.

figrin bran
10-02-2009, 10:56 PM
I couldn't believe it - one local Target had their MU figures at $9.29!!!! I hope it's the exception rather than the rule. Then again, their movie Joes are 9.09.

Funny thing is their Secret Wars packs are still 12.99 and I bought Iron Man/Spider Woman. They had remnants of the Electro wave so somebody must have paid those exorbitant prices.

Dephigravity
10-03-2009, 05:53 PM
It's probably just your local market area.
I work for Target and we and Toys R Us are still the cheapest at 7.99, Shopko here wants 10.99!!! We have two Walmarts in town one has them fro 8.94 and has the Secret Wars packs but the other doesn't carry any Marvel Universe for some reason (they just got done with a remodel too so its not just that they haven't put them out yet.....)

gooeychicken
10-05-2009, 02:36 AM
I'm looking for a BW Cap I got Electro, Black and Red Spidey and a Daredevil for trade PM me if interested thanks.

RooJay
10-06-2009, 03:59 AM
Finally managed the last two of the latest wave of Secret Wars packs I needed, and I fell I must agree with what a lot of folks seem to be saying about Cyclops - what a disaster that figure turned out to be! The colors are all wrong, the paint work is ridiculously sloppy, his arms are very noticeably short - just a crappy figure all around. Hopefully they retire this tooling before Cyclops gets a go as a sinngle carded figure.
I'm also not too happy with Magneto. He's generally a decent looking figure, but he's far too short - the Spider-Man he comes packed with literally towers over him. Plus, I ended up grabbing a MaGneto with two right, lower legs.

gooeychicken
10-06-2009, 04:28 AM
my cyclops looks just fine the only paint error i can complain about is some of the yellow on his visor is a little offf but thats about it. Black ssuit spidey and spiderwoman on the other hand hand terrible paint jobs really bummed out.

VexOrdo
10-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Well I haven't really been keeping up on this line. Got back into minimates and forgot how great they are. Also they seem to be keeping up a lot better with current comic arcs. Not saying I don't still love MU Figs, but I'm gonna return back to my roots of minimates :love:

P.S. The only problem is I forgot how scarce these little guys get after initial release.

Old Fossil
10-07-2009, 10:28 AM
This line is really falling off my radar. Haven't seen anything new since Grey Hulk and variant Thing, except for those comic packs, which by most all accounts are garbage.

sound_asleep7
10-07-2009, 11:53 AM
now if Hasbro would only make Venom, Carnage and the rest of the clan I would be set

I agree! I want Venom!

Daryl VayDar
10-08-2009, 08:51 PM
I ended up grabbing a MaGneto with two right, lower legs.

I got one of those too! The leg looked a little "wonky" in the package, but I thought it was from them smashing him into place and I could boil it out- no siree two right legs! So, are we just equally unlucky, or the only ones who've noticed..?

RooJay
10-09-2009, 03:35 AM
I got one of those too! The leg looked a little "wonky" in the package, but I thought it was from them smashing him into place and I could boil it out- no siree two right legs! So, are we just equally unlucky, or the only ones who've noticed..?

Well, I've since noticed that the same Target has a couple more of these with the same error in stock. I've a feeling we aren't the only unlucky ones. Check yer Magnetos people!

bluesuntrader
10-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Well, I've since noticed that the same Target has a couple more of these with the same error in stock. I've a feeling we aren't the only unlucky ones. Check yer Magnetos people!

consider me lucky...my magneto is perfect. his paint job considering the two pack curse is awesome...

rejoice idiots...more to come more to spend!

yes i am an idiot

Pynpunk45
10-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Picked up the Secret Wars pack with Spider-Woman and Iron Man today. So far I've been lucky enough to find all well painted and correct-limbed figures in these packs, but this Spider-Woman's paint is ABSOLUTELY awful. There were three of this pack and I took the one with the least terrible paint job and I figure since she's only black and white I can touch her up. Perhaps I'll post some before and after shots when I'm done.

On a side note, there were about six Spider-Man / Magneto packs and each and every Magneto have to right legs.

The Captain
10-11-2009, 12:12 AM
:hurt: It seems like things are really slow right now. Not much news. Some pretty crappy stuff coming in the Secret Wars packs. I wonder why? I've sure enjoyed collecting the Marvel 3.75 toys so far. These are the figures I longed for when I was a kid. But it seems like a long dry spell since the last spurt of new figures.

Is it just me?

sound_asleep7
10-11-2009, 11:07 AM
My Magneto has correct legs... Meijer had six of the Spider-Woman/Iron Man two packs, but all of Spider-Woman figures had horrible paint jobs... found one at target which was acceptable but I'm still waiting to find one that's good...

Maradona
10-12-2009, 07:37 PM
My local Target had these figures marked up to $9.29 each. That's waaaaay too much.