PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Universe - 3 3/4" Figures!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

ZeoVGM
10-13-2009, 11:02 PM
:hurt: It seems like things are really slow right now. Not much news. Some pretty crappy stuff coming in the Secret Wars packs. I wonder why? I've sure enjoyed collecting the Marvel 3.75 toys so far. These are the figures I longed for when I was a kid. But it seems like a long dry spell since the last spurt of new figures.

Is it just me?

Eh? Wave 5 only came out like early September in most places, SW wave 2 in late September in most places. 3-packs and SW wave 1 in August. There's been a lot of stuff. I think it's okay to have a short dry spell.

The first 2010 wave should be out in November/December.

NerfTW
10-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I think you're confusing an unanticipated sell through rate with a dry spell. They didn't plan this gap, it happened because they didn't want a fiasco like they had with the Indiana Jones line or last year's Star Wars relaunch. We got an entire year's worth of waves in a few months, so they're playing catch up. Most likely we're going to see more revision cases with earlier figures in them. I think two of the Electro wave cases only have two of the new wave, and the rest old.

Old Fossil
10-14-2009, 02:15 PM
What I don't understand is that these figures are over $8 at Wal-Mart, almost a dollar more that SW figures. Is the Marvel license that much more expensive than that of Lucasfilm?

NerfTW
10-14-2009, 02:19 PM
No, your walmart just marked down the Star Wars figures for some reason. They're the same price elsewhere.

bluesuntrader
10-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Can't find electro anywhere...AHHHHH!!!

The Captain
10-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Eh? Wave 5 only came out like early September in most places, SW wave 2 in late September in most places. 3-packs and SW wave 1 in August. There's been a lot of stuff. I think it's okay to have a short dry spell.

The first 2010 wave should be out in November/December.

I think you're confusing an unanticipated sell through rate with a dry spell. They didn't plan this gap, it happened because they didn't want a fiasco like they had with the Indiana Jones line or last year's Star Wars relaunch. We got an entire year's worth of waves in a few months, so they're playing catch up. Most likely we're going to see more revision cases with earlier figures in them. I think two of the Electro wave cases only have two of the new wave, and the rest old.

Thanks for the insight. One of the reasons I keep checking this forum is because I get heads up on what's happening with this line of toy. When new figures come out in one part of the country, I can start looking here at home. Otherwise, without this forum, I find myself checking the toy departments of my favorites stores over and over. So, it's good to get these tidbits explaining what's happening.

ZeoVGM
10-17-2009, 02:42 AM
http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12462

Wow, I didn't expect to see these so soon. Carded pictures of the Iron Man 2 line. I would assume they won't be out until March like the XMO line.

They seriously look -fantastic- and they seemed to go all out with them. Each one comes with 3 trading cards, a figure stand, and even a stand for the trading cards. They're also numbering them now like the MU line. They didn't do that for XMO, so I hope it's an ongoing thing with other lines.

Hopefully this means we see carded pictures of the Spider-Man classics 3 3/4" line soon.

DarkArtist
10-17-2009, 01:59 PM
loving the look of the line, can't wait to get the Mach 1 Armor Iron Man. I just hope they give us a Black Widow figure and Iron Monger figure as well.

Old Fossil
10-17-2009, 06:11 PM
No, your walmart just marked down the Star Wars figures for some reason. They're the same price elsewhere.

:)

No. SW is $7.46, regular price. Marvel is roughly .80 more, regular price. This is the case for two of the four WM's in my area. The other two don't stock the Marvel line at all.

Perhaps it is different elsewhere.

NerfTW
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Then the walmarts in your area made a change in the price. The MSRP is 7.99 for both lines. Individual store price variations have nothing to do with production costs.

Old Fossil
10-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Then the walmarts in your area made a change in the price.

:D

Yes. That's why I said, "Perhaps it is different elsewhere."

NerfTW
10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Jean Grey, HoM Spidey, Wolverine, Warpath, and Sunfire are up at HTS. No Vision in sight though.

Old Fossil
10-20-2009, 08:55 PM
No Vision in sight though.

They will pay the price for their lack of Vision.lol

Duffman
10-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Vision has now been sighted on HTS.

candyman951
10-24-2009, 03:25 PM
It's true. The targets in my area have increased the price of the figures by 45 cents. They used to 7.99 now they are matched to walmarts 8.44 booooo

The Captain
10-25-2009, 05:28 AM
Vision has now been sighted on HTS.

I looked Vision up in HTS. Appears to be another variation off the Daredevil, and Moon Knight body. (And, yes, several others as well.) Amazing what a different paint job, and a cape will do. I think the red Daredevil looks bad, the red/yellow Daredevil looks decent. Moon Knight better, and the Vision looks really good.

I'm looking forward to Thor. Hope they break the mold for him and give him an entire new mold. I'll be dissappointed if he's a puny weak looking fellow. Has anyone see what he will be like?:sad:

figrin bran
10-26-2009, 04:40 PM
I came super close to buying Vision at Target this morning. No one else was in the toy aisle and so I figured I could go check the SW figures before coming back for Vision. Wrong!

Normally, I go to SW first. Oh well...besides, the MU figures are 9.29 at that Target location.

lifeinabox
10-26-2009, 06:11 PM
I came super close to buying Vision at Target this morning. No one else was in the toy aisle and so I figured I could go check the SW figures before coming back for Vision. Wrong!

Normally, I go to SW first. Oh well...besides, the MU figures are 9.29 at that Target location.
Which Target was this?

figrin bran
10-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Which Target was this?

Glendale Target.

Phantom-like Menace
10-26-2009, 11:48 PM
I snagged the Gigantic Battles Giant Man and Iron Man today. I looked at the Skrull and Bucky Cap, but I'm just not interested in either.

Even though it's just a new head, I'm happy to have an Iron Man that isn't a complete repaint.

Edit: Oh, yeah, and I found Wave 5 at the same Wal-Mart last week--picked up Guardian.

Rocketboy
10-27-2009, 12:24 AM
Anyone near a Meijers can get MU figs for $5 this week.

bluesuntrader
10-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Got my Captain America vs. Skrull Giant Man today. It was 26.79 here in Michigan.

They had the Giant man classic iron man to, but i passed as my wallet told me it was empty...:(

candyman951
10-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Got my Captain America vs. Skrull Giant Man today. It was 26.79 here in Michigan.

They had the Giant man classic iron man to, but i passed as my wallet told me it was empty...:(

Are you finding these inline with the regular MU figures?

thenameiuse
10-29-2009, 02:06 PM

No. At both Walmarts that I have seen them, they have been on end caps two or three aisles over from where the main line is.

Also wanted to note that at the one Walmart I found them they had about 20 of each, yet there were none of the blue and yellow Goliaths out of those 20, even though the package pictures that one. Strange I thought.

NerfTW
10-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Over on RebelScum, reports are that the Goliath figures are shipping one variant to a case. So stores are getting cases full of just one color for some reason, and not both. So to get both colors, you'd have to visit two stores, or hope they get two seperate cases in.

Phantom-like Menace
10-29-2009, 04:30 PM

Mine were right underneath the other MU figures in the main aisle.

AlecEiffel
10-29-2009, 04:42 PM
I picked up Electro and Namor yesterday. Electro is great, but I have to say I'm kind of disappointed in the Sub Mariner, they kind of half @$$ed his face in my opinion. Still haven't picked up wave 2 of the Secret Wars even though I see them all constantly. I guess I better get 'em while the getting is good.

bluesuntrader
10-29-2009, 07:14 PM

Yes i am finding them directly under the MU figures.

I saw only the red Goliath, really want the blue and yellow one!

Pynpunk45
10-30-2009, 04:54 PM
I got 2010 Wave 1 in the mail today. Haven't opened them yet. I have to say that I am very impressed with the number of figures that have been produced since March. I've got around about 65 I'd say (including a few doubles and variants). Overall, I'm very satisfied with this line.

candyman951
10-31-2009, 02:05 AM
I saw wolverine from the new wave and i have to say that I am dissapointed. The head and neck look really awkward. I was really adament about collecting the entire series, but that figure and the secret wars packs are really annoying.

The Captain
11-01-2009, 07:45 AM
I saw wolverine from the new wave and i have to say that I am dissapointed. The head and neck look really awkward. I was really adament about collecting the entire series, but that figure and the secret wars packs are really annoying.

:upset: I ordered the new Wolverine...and the head sucks! On the other hand, I also got Jean Gray and Warpath and they are great! I especially like how they handled Warpath! He's one of their best so far in my opinion.

NerfTW
11-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah, the Warpath figure is awesome. Every wave just seems to come out better and better. Except for the damn comic packs. :sad:

I was disappointed that there wasn't a repaint of Warpath in his normal X-men outfit. I guess they aren't doing variants anymore. Have we even seen one (besides the different colored Spidey) since wave 3?

-edit- Oh right, I completely spaced on the Negative Zone repaints and the Iron Fist variant. But still I'd think Warpath and Vision would have made nice repaints. (Normal costume Warpath and all white Vision.)

gooeychicken
11-02-2009, 02:04 AM
Found wave 6 today and picked up spidey jean and vision at target those were the only ones i really wanted. also got giant skrull with cap but passed on goliath they had about 9 sets of each and it was the blue variant. lastly i picked up a spare bullseye i'm willing to trade or sell just pm me :)

ZeoVGM
11-02-2009, 06:51 AM
Yeah, the Warpath figure is awesome. Every wave just seems to come out better and better. Except for the damn comic packs. :sad:

I was disappointed that there wasn't a repaint of Warpath in his normal X-men outfit. I guess they aren't doing variants anymore. Have we even seen one (besides the different colored Spidey) since wave 3?

-edit- Oh right, I completely spaced on the Negative Zone repaints and the Iron Fist variant. But still I'd think Warpath and Vision would have made nice repaints. (Normal costume Warpath and all white Vision.)

They've only released one variant alongside the original figure at the same time in the entire wave: wave 5's Spider-Man.

ZeoVGM
11-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Found wave 6 today and picked up spidey jean and vision at target those were the only ones i really wanted. also got giant skrull with cap but passed on goliath they had about 9 sets of each and it was the blue variant. lastly i picked up a spare bullseye i'm willing to trade or sell just pm me :)

The red one is actually the variant.

DoktorAvidan
11-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Things I picked up today

-Both Wal-Mart Exclusives
-The Yellow Daredevil 3-pack from TRU
- Electro, Cap, Original Iron Fist, Silver Iron Man
- Hulk/Cyke, Spider-Woman/Iron Man, Torch/Wolvie, Thunderball/Spidey

Also is the Red One Really the Variant? because that's really all i saw...

bluesuntrader
11-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Things I picked up today

-Both Wal-Mart Exclusives
-The Yellow Daredevil 3-pack from TRU
- Electro, Cap, Original Iron Fist, Silver Iron Man
- Hulk/Cyke, Spider-Woman/Iron Man, Torch/Wolvie, Thunderball/Spidey

Also is the Red One Really the Variant? because that's really all i saw...

At my walmart all they had was the red one and not the blue one, so i would go with the red as the main-stream and the blue as the rare.

DoktorAvidan
11-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Well I got burned, Silver Centurion didn't come with any files :(

Oh well They're rather common atm so i'll get another one to use as parts for an Iron Patriot or something..

Also, does anyone want an Iron Fist code?

RooJay
11-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Managed to pick up everything from the two most recent waves this past weekend with the exception of Wolverine and Jean Grey - both seem to be lacking any kind of neck which has made me none to anxious to add them to my collection (especially disappointing with Jean, who is an otherwise great looking figure) and Wolvie has that ridiculous headsculpt.
I was most surprised at how cool Warpath came out! I really have no particular affection for the character, and was really tempted to hold off on him, but he just looks so freaking cool and is just so well executed that I couldn't resist!
House of M Spidey is another figure that I just couldn't stay away from in spite of having no particular love of that version. I really dig the way his weblines are painted, rather than sculpted on, which is how I feel all Red and Blue Spier-Man figures should be done!
Finally having Guardian just makes me want the rest of Alpha Flight all the more sooner to add to my collection as well! I do wish his head could tilt back a bit further, but otherwise another amazing figure!

DoktorAvidan
11-03-2009, 09:14 AM
I also picked up the two versions of Red Hulk.
They're still in packages

PM me if you want to trade for them.

AFCollector
11-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Managed to pick up everything from the two most recent waves this past weekend with the exception of Wolverine and Jean Grey - both seem to be lacking any kind of neck which has made me none to anxious to add them to my collection (especially disappointing with Jean, who is an otherwise great looking figure) and Wolvie has that ridiculous headsculpt.

Gotta agree with you here. I got Wolverine and Jean last night, my Jean had like a tear in the plastic hair in the back on the top of her head. Kind of like as if there wasn't enough plastic put in the mold when it was made and put on. Luckily I'm clever and can fix that kind of thing, but I shouldn't have had to. QC has really gone down the toilet for everything. Wolverine is neat, but yah, kind of goofy lookin.

I also got the Hulk/Cyclops comic pack...Well the Hulk looks pretty good anyhow. I have nothing nice to say about Cyclops at all.

I think I'm gonna hold off on any more purchases of this line for the time being. They started out really good, but recently the quality and feel of these figures have just gone downhill for me. I'll spend my $$ somewhere else.

kidcage
11-03-2009, 01:46 PM
I was able to track down the new wave today at a Walmart here in Phoenix, picking up Vision, Jean, and Warpath. They had all six, but with three of the Wolverine, three of Spider-Man, and one other Sunfire on the shelf, I figured I'd wait till Friday to pick them up.

I agree with the consensus that Wolverine's head looks a little goofy, and of the figures so far, he's got to be the first that makes me really ask "what were they thinking?" Vision though looks cool and will be welcomed among the rest of my Avengers, and Warpath looks REALLY cool. Someone said above having no real care about the character but the figure was too cool to pass up, and I completely agree.

There were no Gigantic battles to be seen, so I'm wondering if I'm going to have to look elsewhere. I'm looking forward to those towering over my collections, although having a place to put them might be a bit more difficult.

ZeoVGM
11-03-2009, 04:55 PM
At my walmart all they had was the red one and not the blue one, so i would go with the red as the main-stream and the blue as the rare.

People have posted pictures on other forums of their Walmart having end caps set up filled with Gigantic Battles, and it shows the blue one being the only one they had. So there's no way to tell which one is more common yet.

Either way, the blue one is the one on the back of the box and on the artwork on the front, so the red is basically the variant.

On that note, we have our first series 2 variants: Vision and Warpath. ComicFigs also posted their Wolverine as having a different head sculpt so I wonder if that's a running change or what?

DarkArtist
11-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Vision looks awesome, Wolverine is a maybe, and might pass on Warpath... on another note the Walmart in Old Bridge must have unloaded a few boxes of Marvel Universe onto an isle display as they had close to 10 Red Hulks and various other figures from the series including Electro and others. hopefully this is a sign that new product is on it's way.

now if they would only freshen up there Star Wars offerings and giving us the next few waves of figures as well as the new comic packs and I'd be set.

gooeychicken
11-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Those variants are in these first cases of Marvel Universe figures? Man I so want that Vision, it looks so much cooler all transparent!!

NerfTW
11-04-2009, 12:56 AM
GOD DAMMIT!

I just said those two were great options for variants. Now I have to buy new ones to get the costume I want for Warpath.

AAAAAAAAAARRRG!!! :upset:

RooJay
11-04-2009, 02:09 AM
I've recently come to realize that the two Wal-Marts nearest me...well they suck in the extreme. I tend to hate Wal-Mart in general, but these two stores that I most frequent are apparently worse than I could have previously imagined. One of them simply does not stock the DCU Classics line at all, and neither does it re-stock Marvel Universe very frequently, and the other only stocks toy product months after everyone else. As you can imagine, this makes finding any exclusive Wal-Mart product exceedingly and maddeningly difficult for me. I'm still hoping that someday those Star Wars Trash Compactor sets, or the Giant Man Marvel Legends wave, or the DCUC Metallo wave are going to show up...

Tenric78
11-04-2009, 08:49 AM
That walmart probably just has pallets full of stuff sitting in back that they only get to when they feel like it.

So far I've been pretty happy with this line except I can never find anything new (or rarely) and the average cost is too high anyway. I only recently just found the new comic packs.

DoktorAvidan
11-04-2009, 01:48 PM
That transparent Vision would look great as a hologram or something for scenes.

ZeoVGM
11-06-2009, 09:50 PM
This almost definitely confirms that if they do an Invisible Woman, we'll have translucent variants.

Rocketboy
11-06-2009, 11:44 PM
This almost definitely confirms that if they do an Invisible Woman, we'll have translucent variants.Or an empty package.

thenameiuse
11-07-2009, 10:27 AM
I also hopes that these variants mean that when the fan choice winner Archangel is released we get both his X-Force and X-Men uniforms.

ZeoVGM
11-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Another new variant! Bullseye running change on the left.

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr209/Autobot_Goldbug/IMG_0178.jpg

AlecEiffel
11-09-2009, 12:33 PM
The Gigantic Battles are awesome! I was worried that the quality of these figures may be sinking completely, but Gigantic Battles is at least slightly reassuring. We need a sentinel!

buddyfingers
11-09-2009, 04:39 PM
I've recently come to realize that the two Wal-Marts nearest me...well they suck in the extreme. I tend to hate Wal-Mart in general, but these two stores that I most frequent are apparently worse than I could have previously imagined. One of them simply does not stock the DCU Classics line at all, and neither does it re-stock Marvel Universe very frequently, and the other only stocks toy product months after everyone else. As you can imagine, this makes finding any exclusive Wal-Mart product exceedingly and maddeningly difficult for me. I'm still hoping that someday those Star Wars Trash Compactor sets, or the Giant Man Marvel Legends wave, or the DCUC Metallo wave are going to show up... Hey dude, I'm in Pittsburg CA, usually have the same problems with the walmarts out here, the people who are running the toy sections are corrupt. They have their friends that they save this stuff for instead of putting them out.

BTW, I went with a friend last thursday and found the Giant man marvel legends. He got the skrull and the giant man (actually 2 of each) and at the time they had about 12 more left. No goliath with the blue and yellow though. Wave 10's are out there, but you have to wait around and ask them to pull them off the pallets too. Sometimes they will, sometimes they don't.

My friend also already has a full case of wave 10 and then some doubles (joker, robotman) You almost have to know someone and have a friend on the inside to get them, or just get lucky

buddyfingers
11-09-2009, 05:55 PM
People have posted pictures on other forums of their Walmart having end caps set up filled with Gigantic Battles, and it shows the blue one being the only one they had. So there's no way to tell which one is more common yet.

Either way, the blue one is the one on the back of the box and on the artwork on the front, so the red is basically the variant.

On that note, we have our first series 2 variants: Vision and Warpath. ComicFigs also posted their Wolverine as having a different head sculpt so I wonder if that's a running change or what? Nice pics, that vision variant looks really good, and in fact the warpath does too. I didn't get the warpath black costume, it's kind of funny that the variant is actually his original x-men costume.

Has anyone seen the variants of either vision or warpath at any stores? I have not myself but would love to get my grubby fingers on them:yes:

kidcage
11-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Those variants for the new wave are really cool. Vision and Warpath will be the first two I grab up when I see them, with Wolverine only if I want to. I still need to pick up Sunfire (I've seen him, but he was sacrificed since payday was a few days away before I could get him), and then find the Gigantic Battles.

I'm waiting for the next Secret Wars though, Hawkeye... finally.

buddyfingers
11-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm glad I found this forum, seems like a good place to discuss my hobby. I was wondering where those pics of the variants are from.... I haven't seen the variants anywhere and don't even see people hawking them on ebay yet. I assume those pics are of prototypes since they aren't with the packaging. The fact I haven't seen them on ebay leads me to believe they haven't even been released yet...can anyone confirm?

thenameiuse
11-09-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm glad I found this forum, seems like a good place to discuss my hobby. I was wondering where those pics of the variants are from.... I haven't seen the variants anywhere and don't even see people hawking them on ebay yet. I assume those pics are of prototypes since they aren't with the packaging. The fact I haven't seen them on ebay leads me to believe they haven't even been released yet...can anyone confirm?

Here's a link to the whole wave with loose and packaged figures.

http://comicfigs.net/Line/MU/MU06.htm

I have yet to see any of this wave anywhere in the south Chicagoland area, so I can't tell you if the variants are showing up or not. This site is the only place I've seen any type of proof of their existence.

NerfTW
11-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I'm wondering if those are high res photos sent out to news sites, with the site's own background added. (Much the way RebelScum/CoolToyReview add a blue background, while SirStevesGuide uses a white)

The fact that this is the only location they've appeared in makes me think they aren't currently out yet. Someone might have been slipped information on a running change early.

I suppose it depends on how they're doing variants now. They seem to do running changes now, as opposed to the initial Mrs. Marvel classic/modern and Grey/Green Hulk figures being in the same wave.

RooJay
11-10-2009, 01:30 AM
Hey dude, I'm in Pittsburg CA, usually have the same problems with the walmarts out here, the people who are running the toy sections are corrupt. They have their friends that they save this stuff for instead of putting them out.

BTW, I went with a friend last thursday and found the Giant man marvel legends. He got the skrull and the giant man (actually 2 of each) and at the time they had about 12 more left. No goliath with the blue and yellow though. Wave 10's are out there, but you have to wait around and ask them to pull them off the pallets too. Sometimes they will, sometimes they don't.

My friend also already has a full case of wave 10 and then some doubles (joker, robotman) You almost have to know someone and have a friend on the inside to get them, or just get lucky

Do you ever check the Wal-Mart in Martinez? That's the one I'm mainly referring to, and yes, it had appeared that they might actually be getting the stuff in, but it almost nevre makes it out onto the shelves! I have never seen a single figure from the DCUC line there, thought except for the one five-pack I spotted in top stock before coming in to work this evening.

I managed both Vision and Warpath from the Wal-Mart in Fairfield, since you asked. That store tends to be pretty inconsisten twith new stock as well - they usually don't end up stocking merchandise until months after everyone else has stocked them in quantity.

JediTricks
11-10-2009, 04:47 AM
Yeah, I'm wondering if those are high res photos sent out to news sites, with the site's own background added. (Much the way RebelScum/CoolToyReview add a blue background, while SirStevesGuide uses a white)

The fact that this is the only location they've appeared in makes me think they aren't currently out yet. Someone might have been slipped information on a running change early.

I suppose it depends on how they're doing variants now. They seem to do running changes now, as opposed to the initial Mrs. Marvel classic/modern and Grey/Green Hulk figures being in the same wave.
Nope, you can see the carpet fibers in the foreground and mottling from the carpeting in the background. Plus, and I hope they don't take this the wrong way, Hasbro's hi-res photos usually look not so great, with glue and funky poses and gappy parts and prototype paint and weirdness.

buddyfingers
11-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Do you ever check the Wal-Mart in Martinez? That's the one I'm mainly referring to, and yes, it had appeared that they might actually be getting the stuff in, but it almost nevre makes it out onto the shelves! I have never seen a single figure from the DCUC line there, thought except for the one five-pack I spotted in top stock before coming in to work this evening.

I managed both Vision and Warpath from the Wal-Mart in Fairfield, since you asked. That store tends to be pretty inconsisten twith new stock as well - they usually don't end up stocking merchandise until months after everyone else has stocked them in quantity. Usually don't bother with the Martinez walmart, pretty much because they have a reputation for what you said. Mainly go to the Pittsburg and Antioch locations. There are a lot of very agressive collectors in my area, most of them aren't even really collectors, they buy this stuff with the sole intention of re-selling them at the flea market or at toy shows.

Even the workers at walmart and such are wise to how hot some of this stuff is, hence not being able to find it on the shelves. They hold it back. Me, and my friend are serious collectors from awhile back. Been doing it for 20 years or so. Suffered through all the early toy biz stuff that looking at it now it's laughable. Stuff is so much better now, but some of it so hard to find.

We are actually thinking about opening a small store when we come up with the funding. That way we can get a dealer license and just order this stuff direct at a discount. BTW, it's the same story usually at target and toys r us, you really have to put the time in and make friends if you want to have a chance at getting what you are looking for most times.

NerfTW
11-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Nope, you can see the carpet fibers in the foreground and mottling from the carpeting in the background. Plus, and I hope they don't take this the wrong way, Hasbro's hi-res photos usually look not so great, with glue and funky poses and gappy parts and prototype paint and weirdness.

You're probably right. The two I randomly looked at happened to have the same mottling pattern, but looking at more, i can see differences, so it's not a background like I thought. Also, small monitor. :P

So, on an unrelated note, is Hasbro even going to show us wave three before it's out, or are we going to have another situation like this year's Empire Strikes Back wave, where we got the figures before the wave was ever announced?

RooJay
11-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Usually don't bother with the Martinez walmart, pretty much because they have a reputation for what you said. Mainly go to the Pittsburg and Antioch locations. There are a lot of very agressive collectors in my area, most of them aren't even really collectors, they buy this stuff with the sole intention of re-selling them at the flea market or at toy shows.

Even the workers at walmart and such are wise to how hot some of this stuff is, hence not being able to find it on the shelves. They hold it back. Me, and my friend are serious collectors from awhile back. Been doing it for 20 years or so. Suffered through all the early toy biz stuff that looking at it now it's laughable. Stuff is so much better now, but some of it so hard to find.

We are actually thinking about opening a small store when we come up with the funding. That way we can get a dealer license and just order this stuff direct at a discount. BTW, it's the same story usually at target and toys r us, you really have to put the time in and make friends if you want to have a chance at getting what you are looking for most times.

Yeah, theres a new guy in the area that I see at TRU every single time I go. He fills up his cart with whatever items are currently even slightly hot collectibles, and I usually see him returning whatever he hasn't sold a few days later. I really hate guys like that. I'm in it for the sheer fun of the hobby, I open everything I buy, and I've never tried making a profit onmy toys. Makes it really hard to find the stuff that I want, and those guys do a real good job of making sure toys never get into the hands of the kids they're intended for, and who would actually enjoy them.

Old Fossil
11-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Found the Vision/Jean Grey/Warpath/etc. wave today. I only bought Vision, but the whole wave looks great -- no paint or sculpting issues I could see.

Vision is the first of these I've bought that comes with his very own stand. I wish they'd been doing this all along, its very nice, w/two pegs.

thenameiuse
11-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Found the Vision/Jean Grey/Warpath/etc. wave today. I only bought Vision, but the whole wave looks great -- no paint or sculpting issues I could see.

Vision is the first of these I've bought that comes with his very own stand. I wish they'd been doing this all along, its very nice, w/two pegs.

Yeah, Hasbro said the single figures, at least, will all be coming with stands from here on out. It's a great add on. I have a hell of a time trying to get some of these figures to stand how I want them to.

buddyfingers
11-11-2009, 02:29 PM
The vision is a great looking character, I got Sunfire too, looks awesome and you guys are right those black stands make a world of difference. Now just waiting for the variant vision and warpath:whip:

DoktorAvidan
11-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Got Sunfire and Vision today
Wolverine has a god awful head sculpt so i'll wait for the updated running change.

Anyone seen Namor or Guardian?

Also, anyone have any situations where your figure was missing something?
The new Iron Man that I got had no file with him and I'm still ****ed about it.

Old Fossil
11-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Anyone seen Namor or Guardian?

I did, about a month ago. I didn't buy either, as Namor looked ridiculous, and Guardian is a Canadian.

DoktorAvidan
11-12-2009, 10:05 PM
What's wrong with Guardian being Canadian?

Wolverine is Canadian. do you have him?

Old Fossil
11-12-2009, 10:11 PM
No, I didn't buy Wolverine, either, as he is Canadian.

NerfTW
11-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Have they ever revealed where good ol' Victor Creed is from?

(Before someone says it, no, Dog is not Creed, according to the original Origins graphic novel writer)

Phantom-like Menace
11-12-2009, 11:59 PM
I lucked upon a young lady putting out Wave 6, and I was able to get all four figures I wanted: Jean, Vision, Sunfire, and Warpath. I also had my first ever MU casualty. I had just opened all four and was working their joints to free them up. I got to Warpath, and I carefully tried each joint. Finally, the last joint was his left wrist and I gave it an experimental, slight twist. I thought for sure I was feeling the peg rotating as well, but it wasn't rotating. I neatly twisted his left hand right off at the peg. I glued it back on, but it still sucks.

And on a weird note, has anyone noticed little hairs all over their MU figures, stuck to the bodies, jammed in the joints? I pulled Jean's hand off and there were several hairs jammed in the joint. I'm coming to the conclusion that Yetis are real, and they help the Chinese manufacture toys.

DoktorAvidan
11-13-2009, 08:56 PM
No, I didn't buy Wolverine, either, as he is Canadian.

What do you have against Canadians?

Old Fossil
11-13-2009, 11:03 PM
What do you have against Canadians?

I don't have anything against Canadians.

The Captain
11-14-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't have anything against Canadians.

Without Canadians we'd have nowhere to go for cheap pharmaceutical drugs. And without Canadians we'd have nowhere to go if we want to dodge the draft. :lipsrsealed:

Moving on. It's funny how people's opinions differ. I really like the Namor figure. However, he's from Atlantis, so I didn't get him. At least he's not from Canada! :D

Old Fossil
11-14-2009, 10:25 AM
I really like the Namor figure. However, he's from Atlantis, so I didn't get him. At least he's not from Canada! :D

Ain't that the truth!!!:twisted:

DoktorAvidan
11-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Without Canada we wouldn't have the zipper.
or Rush..or Jim Carrey.

Old Fossil
11-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Rush Limbaugh is from Canada??? Boy, is MSP gonna be mad.

DoktorAvidan
11-18-2009, 02:19 PM
the band Rush

defiant00
11-18-2009, 02:27 PM
What is the linup for Wave 1 '10?

NerfTW
11-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Jean Grey
Wolverine in Xavier's School uniform
Warpath
Vision
Sunfire
House of M Spider-man.

In other words, it's already out. Wave 2 consists of
First Appearance Captain America
Bucky
Modern Thor (the armor he's wearing right now)
Extremis Iron Man (or at least the newer version of it)
Luke Cage
Black Widow (with three different wigs to recreate the different Widows)

Juggernaut is NOT in that wave, despite what people keep putting on Wikipedia. He was a sneak peak prototype, and clearly was not part of wave 2. We'll probably see wave 2 within the next month or January at this rate. Whether we'll get an update on what wave 3 is going to be before it hits shelves remains to be seen. Remember earlier this year with Star Wars, we didn't see the Empire wave until just before it hit shelves.

Beast
11-20-2009, 11:35 AM
According to the article in Toy Fare, Juggy actually might be in next year's Comic Packs.

They're toying with doing "Greatest Battles" 2-Packs for next year.

It'll be Juggy and Colossus with the issue of Uncanny X-Men where they fight in the bar.

More from Toy Fare:

- There will be a vehicle for Iron Man 2. Apparently, it's featured in the movie. The release date will be around the movie.

- There will be a "nice surprise" vehicle or playset released in fall. It wasn't specified whether or not it would be MU or IM2.

- There's talk of doing civilian characters for IM2, but not at the launch.

- There will be more TRU three-packs for MU. They're also trying to expand that format to other retailers.

- They talked about doing team packs -- specifically Alpha Flight and the Defenders.

- They talked about doing stuff around anniversaries -- specifically the 20th anniversary of Infinity Gauntlet, the 50th anniversaries of the '60s Marvel characters.

- The comic packs will be continued. The current theme they're thinking about doing is "Marvel's Greatest Battles." A comic pack with Colossus and Juggernaut was specifically mentioned, including the issue where they fight in a bar.

The Captain
11-20-2009, 09:01 PM
[quote=NerfTW;706158]

In other words, it's already out. Wave 2 consists of
First Appearance Captain America
Bucky
Modern Thor (the armor he's wearing right now)
Extremis Iron Man (or at least the newer version of it)
Luke Cage
Black Widow (with three different wigs to recreate the different Widows)

I'm looking forward to the arrival of Thor. He's always been one of my favorites. However, on second thought...he is from Asgard. I think that's located somewhere in northern Canada.

Beast
11-20-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm looking forward to the arrival of Thor. He's always been one of my favorites. However, on second thought...he is from Asgard. I think that's located somewhere in northern Canada.
Asgard is currently floating above the town of Broxton, Oklahoma.

NerfTW
11-20-2009, 11:35 PM
Asgard is currently floating above the town of Broxton, Oklahoma.

Dammit, I wanted to say that.

Old Fossil
11-21-2009, 07:35 AM

Forsooth, Captain, the Odinson art verily not Canadian! Rather, Canada art (like Belgium) but a lesser realm subject to Asgard.

Old Fossil
11-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Jean Grey
Juggernaut is NOT in that wave, despite what people keep putting on Wikipedia. He was a sneak peak prototype, and clearly was not part of wave 2.

That's too bad. There's not enough villains in the main line, and most of the ones we have are nemeses of Spider-Man.

DoktorAvidan
11-22-2009, 07:34 PM
they should do one way exclusively of villains to bolster the ranks of evil.

need some Thanos and Loki

The Captain
11-22-2009, 09:43 PM
I've always wondered where Dr. Banner gets his pants. When he turns into the Hulk nothing survives but the pants. A skinny little guy turns into the Incredible Hulk...and those pants stretch out and survive. He goes into battle against mighty foes, and takes an awful thrashing...but the pants survive. Missles blow up against him, and the pants survive. I want a pair of those purple pants! I wonder if they were made in Canada?:love:

NerfTW
11-24-2009, 08:43 PM
*Farnsworth voice* Good news everyone! Cool Toy Review's Marvel Q&A hints that Thanos is coming next year! A character of "titanic importance".

Beast
11-26-2009, 12:44 PM
*Farnsworth voice* Good news everyone! Cool Toy Review's Marvel Q&A hints that Thanos is coming next year! A character of "titanic importance".
Or it could just be referring to the upcoming 19" Galactus.

NerfTW
11-26-2009, 06:06 PM
But that's not punny! And it seemed to refer to the regular figures specifically:
Hasbro: There are infinite possibilities on who we may include in the upcoming waves of MU. You can count on us to deliver some characters of titanic importance. I dunno, the mention of the Infinity Gauntlet in Toy Fair combined with "infinite possibilities" and "titanic importance" makes me think it's a Thanos hint.

candyman951
11-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Have had the worst luck finding the current wave xcept for the ugly wolvie and still no giant battle sets wth.

buddyfingers
11-29-2009, 02:09 PM
So I got the "X-Men origins Wolverine" 2 pack with Sabretooth and Blob. They look pretty good and I opened them up. Then I was lucky enough to find 2 Colossus figures (he wasn't in the movie, but they released him under the "origins" packaging??? Anyway they really screwed up here. I opened one of the Colossus figures and stood him next to blob and sabretooth. They both dwarf Colossus in size. He looks like a shrimpy little kid. How do the people who are designing these toys not know that Colossus is over 7 feet tall and both blob and sabretooth are much shorter. They look like they should be from different toy lines it's almost laughable. They did the Hulk bigger and taller in comparison to the other figures in the marvel 3 3/4 line, he looks right standing next to Iron Fist or whoever. They seem to be really off as far as scale on a lot of the figures. Kind of ****es me off because it's hard to display a scene of all these characters when some of them are simply out of proportion. It's funny too because I just compared Sunfire to Colossus and matched up the packaging which is the same dimension. The reason Colossus looks big in the package is because unless you look thru the side of the packaging you can't tell that his feet don't go to the bottom of the package, there is about an inch gap, and that inch should have been added to the overall size of the figure to make it correct. Blah...............

NerfTW
11-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Actually, that's you who doesn't know that Colossus is not a giant, he's maybe 6'5, not the hulking beast they drew him as in Uncanny X-men in the 90's.

He's always been a tad shorter than Blob.

buddyfingers
11-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Actually, that's you who doesn't know that Colossus is not a giant, he's maybe 6'5, not the hulking beast they drew him as in Uncanny X-men in the 90's.

He's always been a tad shorter than Blob.

No, actually it is you that is wrong. "He is 6'6'' (unarmored) 7'5" (in metal form) From wiki answers, which is beside the point, in the official marvel universe handbook from back in the 80's that is what is listed. Did he shrink later in the many different takes on the x-men and such? No, He is taller than the freaking Incredible Hulk (7ft even) as far as marvel is concerned. It doesn't really matter to me if they changed things later, which I don't see any evidence of. And by the way "The Blob" is: Height 5'10" according to the marvel website. I'm not really sure where you get your info from dude, but I have been reading comics for over 25 years and have quite a good run of X-men comics:whip:

buddyfingers
11-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Just a follow up to that, not trying to be a "know it all" but my facts are correct. My main point was that the scale of these current figures are all over the place. In what world is "Sunfire" the same size as Colossus (Sunfire is 5'10. When I place the figures next to each other they are roughly the same size. Now when Thor comes out how will he measure up to the others (Thor is 6'6) I can see how artist interpretation will vary in the comic books with different pencillers and such, but for a piece of plastic that represents a a character, they should pay more attention to bulk and height. Look at how freaking big the Hulk is both in height and mass.

My point is marvel is just being very inconsistent with this line. I can understand that a lot of molds are used on the same characters, but obviously Colossus can't be as skinny as Iron Fist, and he isn't, but the height is incorrect.

Now when I compare them to the DC crisis figures at least DC is keeping things closer to what they should be. Batman is taller and more muscular than the flash for instance. The differences between the DC figures are subtle, but when you have them open and place them side by side you can see that they did their homework on body types and height. Marvel didn't, and since Colossus is my favorite marvel character it kind of ticked me off a little bit. Other than his height he is a fine looking figure.

NerfTW
11-30-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't go by the "Marvel Handbook". You realize that's just some job they pawned off on interns, right?

I'm going by Giant Size X-men, and Days of Future Past, where he is standing right next to Blob. Also, in another issue, he's charging Pyro and isn't much taller. The actual artwork is far more reliable than some number a minimum wage intern pulled out of his ***.

buddyfingers
11-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Alright, whatever dude. Yeah, it was interns who made up how big characters are in the marvel universe and marvel just let them make up whatever they wanted to. If anything when you see Colossus shorter than the blob it's the artists mistake. I don't see how you can just throw aside the stats in "The Official handbook of the Marvel Universe"

I have provided legitimate documentation and you have provided lame speculation. So how big is the Hulk? ehhhhhh 6'4 I guess:cross-eye Look up the definition of "Colossus" in the dictionary dude, it might give you a clue.

I guess it comes down to you know more about the stats of Marvel comic characters than the company itself does. Maybe they should hire youlol

Bottom line is that they made the figure too short in relation to other characters in the line. Peter Rasputin is 6'6 unarmored. The blob is 5'10 and Sabretooth is 6'4

For anyone interested in what Marvel says here is the link http://marvel.com/universe/Category:Heroes

I hope posting a link is ok, if not please remove it.

Anyway you are wrong Nerf, maybe just admit it and move on.

**edit** gotta say, I just read your post again and almost choked on by beer. Your line of thinking is totally off base. You saw Colossus charging Pyro and he wasn't much bigger? Well that settles that then. It's a picture by an artist, you can't get scale from that....that's why they did the handbook.

I didn't make up the height and weight of the characters......Marvel did and it's all right there for you to see, so I'm going to move on now.

NerfTW
11-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Yes, of course, what was I thinking. The original artist who created Colossus isn't proof. How stupid of me. :rolleyes:

You're quoting a single book. I'm saying the ACTUAL PHYSICAL DRAWINGS of Colossus do not match that. In much the same way Hulk and Juggernaut have become behemoths in the last 20 years.

buddyfingers
11-30-2009, 07:42 PM
It was actually the writer that created him, but why let the facts ruin a good story? You don't know what you are talking about nerf. If marvel says he is 7'6 then that's what he is. If they say Blob is 5'10, then that's what he is. Regardless of how you interpret drawings of the characters.

If you asked John Byrne how tall Colossus is what do you think he would say? How about Juggernaut, or Sasquatch?

Juggernaut 6'10

Sasquatch 10 feet even

You seem to be the kind of person who could be in a field with a hundred people. 1 person asks what color the sky is, 99 people say blue, you say yellow. Sheeesh And BTW, I'm not quoting a single book, I'm sharing COMMON KNOWLEDGE from the company that owns the rights to the character.

plasticfetish
11-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Was that really a nerdfight centered around how tall Colossus is compared to Blob? Seriously?

:sad:

Maybe a more reasonable topic of conversation could be how Target can possibly justify charging $9 and change for these relatively half-a**ed figures. It's been a while since I was out looking, but I was shocked to see the current price... and no real change in paint quality, etc. (Booo.)

buddyfingers
11-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Was that really a nerdfight centered around how tall Colossus is compared to Blob? Seriously?

:sad:

Maybe a more reasonable topic of conversation could be how Target can possibly justify charging $9 and change for these relatively half-a**ed figures. It's been a while since I was out looking, but I was shocked to see the current price... and no real change in paint quality, etc. (Booo.) How can anyone on this forum call another a nerd? Now that is the better question.:squareeye I have a long way to go in terms of being a nerd for someone who has over 4500 posts on an action figure forum right?:yes:

Nerf is the one disputing the facts, this pretty much just started out with me commenting on the inaccuracies of a specific toy line.

And you are right that 9 plus dollars for one of these is too much.....but supply and demand is the name of the game. If people weren't paying it people wouldn't be making it.

BTW Colossus is several inches taller than blob....a little nerdie told me:laugh: also, target just recently increased the prices on this toy line, they did it to match walmart, as target was actually charging less a month or so ago.

plasticfetish
11-30-2009, 10:49 PM
How can anyone on this forum call another a nerd?You're making it pretty easy actually. ;)

target just recently increased the prices on this toy line, they did it to match walmart, as target was actually charging less a month or so ago.Yeah... I've seen the pricing on this line increase everywhere. I think Fred Meyer (a local store) has them for just under $9 now also.

...and I understand supply and demand. 4500+ posts (7.5 years) into my time as a member of an action figure fan site, has given me a solid understanding of how the average toy collector's brain works. I'm thinking that the appeal of this line must be a blend of the 3-3/4-inch novelty factor, and some good old fashioned obsessive compulsive collecting habits.

When I poked around and looked at what was hanging about today, I was shocked by the price; annoyed that the production quality of these figures hasn't improved since the beginning; and was p***ed that Hasbro has done so little with the line... with their Marvel license in general.

buddyfingers
11-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I'm familiar with Fred Meyer stores, spent about 10 years in Seattle. I actually prefer the smaller figures to the larger ones. That goes for DC as well, although I do have some of the DC universe 6 inch figures and they are pretty well done. I don't know where Marvel gets off charging over 9 bucks for these figures either.... but at least in my area they are selling. They do have more articulation points than their DC crisis counterparts, but to be so much more expensive is really a mystery to me. I guess if they can get away with it then they will.

I am really not a fan of the Marvel Legends series. I don't particularly like the majority of them. The DC ones are much better in my opinion. I'm not so sure it's a "novelty" thing as much as it's the first time that certain characters are being presented in action figure form. I like the idea of alot of the obscure characters being represented. And also think back to the original "secret wars" series way back when. No articulation, and roughly the same size as these new Marvel universe figures. One of the things to think about is that all of those characters had the same body type, same height ect...

People expect more now, and Mattel and Hasbro aren't dumb, they will produce what people will buy.

I don't consider myself a nerd or a geek, I simply started collecting comics when I was younger and got into a lot of collectibles. I suffered through the whole "toy biz" phase, crap pieces of plastic. Compare some of those first toy biz figs to something you see on the rack now....no comparison at all. I have buckets and tubs of carded and loose toy biz stuff that I can't seem to give away.

As far as the "fighting" about who was bigger, well I wouldn't call that a fight so much as I would say I am absolutely correct and proved it and the other party was absolutely wrong and proved that as well:pleased:

Peace all you action figure comic book geeks and nerds:thumbsup:

Beast
11-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Re: Blob. The Blob we got is more in scale with his modern self. When he got his powers boosted up, he also became a great deal taller. And Colossus is tall, but has been shown shorter than both characters over the years. Also, the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe should never be used as the final word on things light height and weight. They're often really innacurate, and not even realistic. And artists all draw characters all over the map.

buddyfingers
11-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Re: Blob. The Blob we got is more in scale with his modern self. When he got his powers boosted up, he also became a great deal taller. And Colossus is tall, but has been shown shorter than both characters over the years. Also, the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe should never be used as the final word on things light height and weight. They're often really innacurate, and not even realistic. And artists all draw characters all over the map. Ok, so Blob became what...7'8? You just made my point, it's the artists that are all over the map, not the statistics. Did you even look at the link I provided? It makes no mention of Blob getting taller. It has him listed as 5'10. That link is to the official marvel universe site, not even going off the old handbooks from the 80's. The way you guys are making it seem is that depending on the artist someone could grow or shrink an entire foot or more depending on who is doing it. Every artist is going to do their own take on things, that's why as a rule, especially when it comes to producing an action figure, they should use what the handbook, or in this case what the official site says regarding bulk and height.

I don't understand why this seems to be such a hard concept to grasp for some of you. The artist/writer will do this for the sake of storytelling and to make an impact with a certain character. That doesn't mean they are going by the guidelines and established dimensions originally intended. BTW, can you let me know the issues where the blob grew taller? I missed those ones seriously and can find no mention of it anywhere, in fact the first time I ever heard that was in your post.

Take into account "uncanny x-men #183, in some of the pages Juggernaut appears to be taller than Colossus, when in fact at 6'10 he would be about 8 inches shorter. That always bothered me. Yes I am a stickler for the facts. Maybe they screwed up by listing him at 7'5 or 7'6 in the first place because they realized he wouldn't look right fighting other large characters as he would tower over most of them.

I am going on and on about this strictly in the context that the Colossus figure they made is simply too small in comparison with other figures in the line. Not talking about different comic books or anything else. He was made too short when you can put him next to a figure like Sunfire who is a smaller character and they are about the same size. **edit** I did read something where the blob's size changed, but it didn't mention what book that was in. Regardless of that, I guess I'm just a purist when it comes to this stuff. They should just do a better job of looking at the characters history before they mold the plastic for them.

Sorry if I ****ed any of you off, this is after all a fantasy world and none of this really means anything of consequence.

NerfTW
12-01-2009, 12:30 AM
It was actually the writer that created him, but why let the facts ruin a good story? You don't know what you are talking about nerf. If marvel says he is 7'6 then that's what he is. If they say Blob is 5'10, then that's what he is. Regardless of how you interpret drawings of the characters.

If you asked John Byrne how tall Colossus is what do you think he would say? How about Juggernaut, or Sasquatch?

Juggernaut 6'10

Sasquatch 10 feet even

You seem to be the kind of person who could be in a field with a hundred people. 1 person asks what color the sky is, 99 people say blue, you say yellow. Sheeesh And BTW, I'm not quoting a single book, I'm sharing COMMON KNOWLEDGE from the company that owns the rights to the character.

Are you serious? This is like arguing that if the Star Wars handbook lists Mark Hamil as being 6' tall, then he's six feet tall, regardless of his actual height on film. They can state any height they want, that doesn't change THE ACTUAL @#$@! PANELS that show differently.

And as for your private message, again, it's written by interns. These aren't real people, and the heights listed are not definitive by any means.

The Captain
12-01-2009, 05:06 AM
Sorry if I ****ed any of you off, this is after all a fantasy world and none of this really means anything of consequence.

I tend to agree with buddyfingers. He puts all this in context when he says, "this is after all a fantasy world and none of this really means anything of consequence." For me, and probably most of the people collecting these figures, it's just a way to escape the real world for awhile. It is fun to see some of these characters that I began reading about in comics in the 60's, come to the toy world.

I remember the days of toybiz, and back to the old He Man toys. Almost all of them had interchangable body parts. There was not even an attempt to make them look different except for their paint job.

This stuff we have nowadays is a big improvement. I can look across the aisle and see the toys for tots. Spiderman and Wolverine and all the heroes with giant heads and goofy smiles. But this 3 and 3/4 inch line isn't supposed to be for them. These toys are supposed to be more "realistic" more "lifelike". And I guess that's why it irritates me and maybe butterfingers when Hasbro seems to come so close yet remain so far off on some of these figures.

It doesn't help that Hasbro puts out those little statistic pages with many of their toys telling us how tall they are and how much they weigh. Then you look at the plastic and compare them with each other and often they simply do not measure up.

Will the world come to an end? No, of course not. But I do think someone up there in Hasbro Toyland could pay more attention to these details. If they say a character is 6 feet tall he should be smaller than a character who they say is 6 foot 3 inches tall. Daredevil should be taller than Wolverine, Captain America should be taller and heavier than Black Panther. Etc. The way it's been, the plastic hasn't even matched with what Hasbro's own stats say.

It just seems to me that with all the improvements, and all the technology available they could come out with a line that's true to itself.

buddyfingers
12-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks for seeing the points that I though I was conveying quite clearly Captain. Nerf just isn't going to see what I mean so we will agree to disagree. I do think that as most things it revolves around money. They are going to charge you the same price for a figure regardless of how much plastic and paint they have to use. It's better for them to make even characters that are supposed to be bigger somewhat smaller. Take into account The Blob, he's hollow. If he wasn't he would be a lot more expensive to mass produce. I think the reason the red, green and grey versions of the Hulk are bigger is because he is more well known to people. I don't think they could have gotten away with making him the same size as Electro if you catch my drift

I'm just looking for some consistency with this line. I don't want cookie cutter molds and with a 9 plus dollar price tag they should try and be more true to what the character is supposed to be.

Rocketboy
12-01-2009, 04:04 PM
At $9.00, I've purchased my last figure.
They aren't worth any more than $6.00, IMO.

bluesuntrader
12-02-2009, 07:49 PM
I like both your points.

Artists always take their interpretation and apply it to the characters. Look at how Rob Liefeild(or however you spell it) drew the characters, they were all over the map. size costumes, etc.

The official Marvel Handbook, is an awesome source for all the powers, traits, size, etc.. Its their bible for characters.

This is a simple agree to disagree..

I have been a collector for over 30 years, and an avid comic reader, and unfortunately i collect these figures. Some are hits and some are misses for sure. The price is a little steep, but yet I smile as i find the new figure that has never seen a plastic incarnation. Its cool!

I am a geek and a nerd, i am a professional, and a father, and husband.

Welcome to the forum sir. Its a great place to voice your opinion and be ready to defend it.

Peace.

Beast
12-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Marvel Universe - Wave 2 2010 (Wave 7) New Pics!!

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3683

Just got these in from Hasbro and decided I'd get a thread started for them as quick as possible.

Been waiting for this wave for quite a while. It looks to be a real winner. Just can't wait.

It's a bit more Avengers heavy than I would have liked. But hopefully this means we're gonna see things alternate between heavy X-Characters one wave to heavy Avengers the next. With others in the mix along the way of course. It's still a pretty damn nice wave, IMHO.

Really loving the look of Black Widow. Hope the 3 different interchangable wigs, are still there. Way better than 3 chases.

Thor looks great. I hope they use that mid-thigh swivel on more figures. Much better than the XMO: Wolverine articulation.

And glad to finally see what the cards look like for the "Fan Choice Figures". Though Cage is marked as a Runner-Up.

El Chuxter
12-03-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't care about most of those, but Cage looks so good, I might get one. I might even see if I can still find an Iron Fist to go with him. :)

BTW, we're all nerds here. And Shatterstar has three fingers, an extra joint in one arm, no feet, and the ability to change his hairstyle with just a thought. I'm using an old issue of X-Force as reference here. :p

NerfTW
12-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Alright. I'm sorry, buddyfingers. Normally I don't get like that, but you touched a nerve with the way you argued, not so much your points. You basically discounted my postion entirely, and that is one of my buttons, and I apologize for dragging it out. (Notice I've made that spiel multiple times over the course of this thread without dragging it out.)

Again, sorry I'm a dick.

Old Fossil
12-03-2009, 09:27 PM
The Odinson WILL BE MINE.

And Cap and Bucky, too!

They look great. Thanks for the pics, Beast.:love:

Rocketboy
12-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Luke "Generic Bad*ss Black Guy" Cage! Hilarious!

And yet another Cap? Isn't there like 5 out there already?

Beast
12-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Luke "Generic Bad*ss Black Guy" Cage! Hilarious!

And yet another Cap? Isn't there like 5 out there already?
It's his modern costume. And he had the Cage bling for a while also.

And yeah, they've done a few Caps. This is 1st Appearance to go with Bucky.

buddyfingers
12-03-2009, 11:23 PM
yeah, thanks for those pics of the protos, I have to say I'm not liking all the armor on Thor though, looks like someone coated him with hand grenade skin.

Still looking out for those Vision and Warpath variants though....anybody see them yet?

buddyfingers
12-03-2009, 11:31 PM
BTW, Nerf, I tried to send you a pm twice, don't know if you got them because I can't find them in my sent folder. Anyway, no hard feelings since we just agree to disagree. I'm hitting the San Jose Ca. toyshow this saturday.

I will post back here if I see or hear anything interesting.

Phantom-like Menace
12-04-2009, 12:06 AM
I think Cage and Black Widow are the only ones I'll grab. Modern Cage has been a big want in 6" for a while for me, so 3 3/4" Luke Cage is fine by me too. I can't make myself care for Bucky, Cap Iteration #50, any version of Thor beyond the basic 3 3/4" classic Thor (why I'll buy 1:18 Thor but not 1:12 Thor I don't know).

However, I'll probably have to display Cage without his bling and cap, because I don't like the look of them on the figure. I kind of wish the cap weren't removable, then it would look better.

RooJay
12-04-2009, 02:19 AM
I'll be buying all of those for sure, but multiples of Cage! I'm seeing all kinds of customizing possibilties there - a new Dreadnok and Mr. T for starters!

Phantom-like Menace
12-04-2009, 02:49 AM
Or a 3 3/4" Night Elf Mohawk.

bluesuntrader
12-07-2009, 09:05 AM
I picked up a darker version of Bullseye today. I like it, but i also like the lighter one as well. Looks like i have 2 Bullseye's now.

buddyfingers
12-07-2009, 02:28 PM
I still need Bullseye. I went to a toy show in San Jose CA this past Saturday. Lots of stuff, but didn't see any new marvel 3 3/4 figs. Did see the DC wave 11 though. Some guy bought the set for 160 and then tried to resell it for double that. Don't know if he did or not.

Also saw "Bo Duke" from the Dukes of Hazzard, Tony Todd from the "Candyman" movies, a couple of other has beens:lipsrsealed: It's kind of sad when these older stars get reduced to selling autographed pics of themselves for $20.00. But I guess the economy is hurting more than we thought:yes:

There is another toy show in Sacramento this coming weekend I think, might go to that one too. I couldn't sell hardly anything this past one, and I have some low prices. Oh well that is my report on the toy show.

bluesuntrader
12-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I have seen him a few times now. I will keep my eyes out for you. The price will be 1,000,000.00.

Heh..just kidding I would charge you figure and shipping costs.

let me know

buddyfingers
12-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks dude, I will keep it in mind. Chances are I will find one, especially with my friend who is a toy fiend, if I need it he can most likely get it. I'm not collecting the whole line, some of the figures I just simply don't care for (jean grey, yellow suit wolverine, a few others) Money is the other problem and at over 9 bucks I have to be selective right now. Still need Black Panther, Hobgoblin, Union Jack, and a few more.

Beast
12-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Just got these pics from Hasbro today. Enjoy!!

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3703

The Iron Man 2 stuff is looking pretty darn good. :)

bluesuntrader
12-10-2009, 10:36 AM
I have have not seen any sunfire, warpath figures at all.
Wolverine is all over the place of course, and I really am not a fan of that Jean Grey figure. Holding out for phoenix.

I saw one vision, but his paint job was horrific.

sigh....

The Captain
12-10-2009, 12:11 PM
I was looking over the Iron Man 2 pictures, and had a question. Are these to scale with the rest of the 3 3/4 inch figures?

buddyfingers
12-11-2009, 01:00 PM
I have have not seen any sunfire, warpath figures at all.
Wolverine is all over the place of course, and I really am not a fan of that Jean Grey figure. Holding out for phoenix.

I saw one vision, but his paint job was horrific.

sigh....
Both my Sunfire and Vision figures have excellent paint jobs. Don't worry you will find them eventually. Now I am waiting on those Vision and Warpath variants....

bluesuntrader
12-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Both my Sunfire and Vision figures have excellent paint jobs. Don't worry you will find them eventually. Now I am waiting on those Vision and Warpath variants....

Funny thing...found Sunfire and Warpath the same day i ranted that I could not find them..LOL Still no Vision, but thanks for the encouragement. The Vision is around the corner. Guardian was a hard find for me, but he is everywhere right now, so i am guessing the Vision will be the same

candyman951
12-13-2009, 04:26 AM
Funny thing...found Sunfire and Warpath the same day i ranted that I could not find them..LOL Still no Vision, but thanks for the encouragement. The Vision is around the corner. Guardian was a hard find for me, but he is everywhere right now, so i am guessing the Vision will be the same

Lucky, I'll never find them. Just like i never found the big battles @ walmart =[

bluesuntrader
12-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Lucky, I'll never find them. Just like i never found the big battles @ walmart =[

Man my walmart has about 10 of each of them just rotting there. Funny or not so funny, the inconsistency of retailers. I literally have 2 walmarts 6 miles from each other, and they each carry different stock levels of figures or not at all. What the Heck!

Phantom-like Menace
12-13-2009, 11:16 PM
I was looking over the Iron Man 2 pictures, and had a question. Are these to scale with the rest of the 3 3/4 inch figures?

I was hoping someone who knew better would answer, but I can tell you I am fairly certain they are. A 3 3/4" scale Iron man Armory is well on its way. Too bad they cheaped out on Silver Centurion this time out, though.

The Captain
12-14-2009, 08:19 PM
I was hoping someone who knew better would answer, but I can tell you I am fairly certain they are. A 3 3/4" scale Iron man Armory is well on its way. Too bad they cheaped out on Silver Centurion this time out, though.

Thanks for answering.

DarkArtist
12-16-2009, 01:16 PM
saw some of the new wave today in TRU. picked up the new M-Day Spiderman figure and passed on the rest.

Old Fossil
12-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Anybody know when the wave with Thor is due out?

TheGreyGhost
12-18-2009, 11:59 AM
Finally found Wave 5 and Wave 6 in my area. I picked up Firestar and M-Day Spider-Man. My GF picked up the rest that I wanted for X-Mas (except Namor, which we can not seem to find ANYWHERE).

I'm skipping out on the Spider-Man variants (as I have at least 4 or 5 now and don't care for any more) as well as Jean Grey and Wolverine. They really do have awful molds.

I also skipped on SC Iron Man, as I feel the paint job isn't enough to warrant a purchase at this point. Maybe if they go on clearance after X-Mas I'll get one.

NerfTW
12-21-2009, 09:38 PM
That's not silver centurion Iron Man. The package is "Arctic Armor" and it's from a Marvel Adventures comic. The Silver Centurion title was an error somewhere along the way.

Beast
12-22-2009, 05:12 AM
Well, we finally know for sure what's in Secret Wars - Wave 4.

These pics turned up on another forum. So here you go. :)

Dr. Doom (w/ Wasp) & Absorbing Man
Bulldozer & The Thing (Trunks)
Nightcrawler & Storm (Mohawk)

NerfTW
12-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Those look awesome. My brother will be happy he can get the two X-men in the same set instead of separate like in wave 2.

I'm disappointed there's not a Rogue figure. But considering I wanted almost everyone that was left in the series, there would have been disappointment no matter what. The Wasp figure is a nice bonus, but I suddenly realize I've seen that figure before. My "Everyone Vs Galactus" figure/statue has a Wasp exactly that size on it. Different pose, though, and hopefully a better paint job.

I hope Nightcrawler can crouch properly.

AlecEiffel
12-22-2009, 03:42 PM
I can't wait to perch the Wasp on Goliath's hand.

kidcage
12-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Those do look cool, and the Wasp being a bonus is a nice touch. I'm kind of interested now to see where we're going to get the Wrecker, seeing that we now have his three cohorts.

I'd have personally liked Capt. Marvel or She-Hulk to round out the wave, but that's because I'm an Avengers fan, lol

Phantom-like Menace
12-23-2009, 12:35 PM
I also had my first ever MU casualty. I had just opened all four and was working their joints to free them up. I got to Warpath, and I carefully tried each joint. Finally, the last joint was his left wrist and I gave it an experimental, slight twist. I thought for sure I was feeling the peg rotating as well, but it wasn't rotating. I neatly twisted his left hand right off at the peg.

So I found another Warpath and decided I'd replace the old one. Not wanting to take any chances, I immediately boiled and popped his hands. I popped them back on, gave the left hand an experimental turn . . . and I neatly twisted his left hand right off at the peg. So that's getting a little old.

Stevolittle423
12-26-2009, 11:23 AM
My local Wal-Mart has the Gigantic Battles reduced to $13.88. Really upsetting seeing as if I spent almost $30 each for them. Still no sign of the yellow and blue Giant Man though.

candyman951
12-26-2009, 11:38 PM
@ Stevolittle423: really? i just found them last week and spent about thirty. i have to check it out monday maybe theyll give me the difference.

NerfTW
12-27-2009, 11:11 AM
I hope the gigantic battles line continues. I was kind of looking forward to getting the rest of the giant size heroes (Yellowjacket, Atlas, Black Goliath, Stature, and maybe another Giant Man outfit) and other giant characters like the Watcher (Cannot find the Marvel Select one on Ebay) and Sentinels.

Oh, and of course Galactus, but we know that's coming out for sure.

It would be kind of awesome to have all the big guys like the Living Tribunal and such, but that would be pushing it a bit for a giant size figure.

How are people displaying their Goliath figure? I've got Black Panther already posed on one shoulder, and a spot for Hawkeye and Wasp on his hand. I didn't even realize until I looked at the comic that came with him that we will have almost the entire classic Avengers team from that time period.

grim
12-27-2009, 11:34 AM
nice My local wal-mart never even got them in

kidcage
12-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah, Wal-Mart here had them marked down to $13.44. I picked up Cap/Skrull since I already had the Goliath/IM one. Also seemed that the "Handful of Heroes" were marked down in price as well. When I saw the Gigantic Battles on sale though, I was stoked.

Still haven't found yellow/blue Goliath yet, but no worries there. Now it's just waiting for the next waves.

grim
12-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Yeah, Wal-Mart here had them marked down to $13.44. I picked up Cap/Skrull since I already had the Goliath/IM one. Also seemed that the "Handful of Heroes" were marked down in price as well. When I saw the Gigantic Battles on sale though, I was stoked.

Still haven't found yellow/blue Goliath yet, but no worries there. Now it's just waiting for the next waves.

would anyone be willing to help me out? If my local walmart hasn't got them in by now I don't think they'll get them in at all. I'll pay cost=shipping

TheGreyGhost
12-30-2009, 11:35 AM
I'm kinda bummed. All I was ever able to find was the red and blue variant of Goliath. I mean, I think there might have been ONE Blue and Yellow version I saw a month or two ago, but besides that I never saw another one.

Sucks, because by now most of them have been picked up on clearance I am sure. I wouldn't really mind, except for the fact that if they ever make a small version of Goliath he mots likely won't be done in the variant style...

Bummer.

And the hunt for Sub Mariner continues.

dantes_inferno
12-31-2009, 03:04 PM
I've found almost everything that's been out except the newest wave with warpath and all them, and bullseye. I don't care much for wave 1 2010 but the bullseye I've hunted for. I dragged my girlfriend out to every place I can think of and still can't find one...I'm about to stab something :p

The Captain
01-01-2010, 05:06 AM
I'm kinda bummed. All I was ever able to find was the red and blue variant of Goliath. I mean, I think there might have been ONE Blue and Yellow version I saw a month or two ago, but besides that I never saw another one.

Sucks, because by now most of them have been picked up on clearance I am sure. I wouldn't really mind, except for the fact that if they ever make a small version of Goliath he mots likely won't be done in the variant style...

Bummer.

And the hunt for Sub Mariner continues.
I have an extra Sub Mariner, loose, not in package, and I may be able to get one in TRU. I'm looking for the Marvel Origens Wolverine with Colossus. It the Colossus figure I want and can't find anywhere. I know he doesn't have much articulation, but I like the look of this Colossus.

gooeychicken
01-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Hey all, so I know a lot of people have had this problem. I haven't picked up the Magneto Secret Wars pack because of the 40 trillion I have found none of them have his legs correct. I have heard people finding some with with legs right and was wondering if anyone on here can help me out. I would be willing to trade for him, there's lots of figures out here I can pick including Bullseye, Grey Hulk, Giant Battles (only $13.48 at my wally marts and they have at least 40 of each set) etc. The only one I can't find is Jean Grey but other than that I can pretty much get my hands on anything. Also if anyone has a Black and White Cap I'd be willing to trade for that as well :) Thanks

DarkArtist
01-05-2010, 05:43 PM
spotted the new 3.75 Spiderman line today at Walmart. picked up Venom who looks good. can't wait to put him in a display with Spidey. not alot of articulation on the figure (legs have articulation only at the hips) but still the details look nice:thumbsup:

TheGreyGhost
01-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I saw them at Wal Mart as well. Don't really like the whole Batman route they are going with it, but it is a pretty nice Venom. It will do until a Marvel Universe Venom comes around.

Beast
01-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Here's Wave 3 of the 3 3/4" Spider-Man line. Can't say I'm impressed with the Spidey line.

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3805

Only one I may get so far from the line is Venom, cause he rocks. And maybe Rhino when he comes out.

Maradona
01-08-2010, 01:53 AM
I found the first Spiderman 3 3/4 wave at a local WM. I put that Green Goblin side by side with the MU one. They're both different figures and I have to wonder why Hasbro would tool two different versions at the same scale of the same figure that are being released at the same time.

Stevolittle423
01-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Those figures look horrible. I'm glad I decided not to do those.

TheGreyGhost
01-08-2010, 08:35 PM
The Venom looks pretty good, actually. It's only weak spot is it doesn't have hardly any articulation so you can't pose him that much.

Still, it's a decent substitute until MU line releases a Venom.

gooeychicken
01-09-2010, 01:33 AM
i just picked up venom and he is really cool looking but thats it, it made me really upset that he doesnt even have wrist articulation, but oh well he looks awesome with spidey :)

Beast
01-11-2010, 11:48 AM
They finally sent along the picture of the Extremis Iron Man figure from Wave 2.

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3825

Looking very cool. A nice caper on the Wave. :)

Beast
01-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Just got new pics hot off the press from Hasbro for Wave 4 of Secret Wars.

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=61&p2_articleid=3826

Glad to finally see better pics of Wave 4. And wow, does it look great. Nice finish for the SW series.

Really loving the Storm/Nightcrawler set especially. Nice to have an accurate Mohawk Storm in the line.

Sorry about the lack of a close-up packaged Storm/Nightcrawler set. Hasbro didn't include the right picture there.

JediTricks
01-11-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't know what it is about this Secret Wars line, it's so cool, and it's decently priced, but I cannot seem to get into it. That's a good wave though, and I had totally forgotten about '80s punk rocker Storm.

Maradona
01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
I love the nostalgia of Secret Wars comic packs. Hopefully, Hasbro will continue with Secret Wars II. Many people dislike the series, but I love the Beyonder on Earth storyline and there are several figures that would fit.

kidcage
01-11-2010, 06:17 PM
I love the nostalgia of Secret Wars comic packs. Hopefully, Hasbro will continue with Secret Wars II. Many people dislike the series, but I love the Beyonder on Earth storyline and there are several figures that would fit.

This would be kind of neat, as you're right, they could implement a few more characters in it (Beyonder of course, but then members of Avengers/West Coast during the time, Cloak and Dagger, etc)

gooeychicken
01-11-2010, 07:11 PM
why is issue 5 in the final wave? makes no sense hasbro

All those figures look great cant wait for that doom. Only thing that bothers me is the red part of nightcrawlers suit, i think the lower part shouldnt have just been painted really throws off the figure

Beast
01-11-2010, 07:27 PM
This would be kind of neat, as you're right, they could implement a few more characters in it (Beyonder of course, but then members of Avengers/West Coast during the time, Cloak and Dagger, etc)
As long as we get Spider-Man and Potty Training Beyonder... then I agee. ;)

Maradona
01-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Secret Wars II has all sorts of opportunities since there were a variety of crossovers: Powerman and Iron Fist, the original New Mutants, that era's Colossus, Kitty Pride, and Rogue, Daredevil with sight, Dazzler, Power Pack, Kurse, etc. There could even be a large size Beyonder.

NerfTW
01-13-2010, 04:27 PM
We are getting that era's Colossus, thankfully. He was shown at SDCC on a slide (Along with Modern Thor) during the original reveal a year and a half ago, and Toyfare a while back said he's coming out in the comic wave after Secret Wars with the Juggernaut shown at last year's SDCC.

Anyone seen wave 2 2010 yet? Or the comic packs wave 3?

Toy fair is only one month away! YAY!

Maradona
01-13-2010, 06:03 PM
We are getting that era's Colossus, thankfully. He was shown at SDCC on a slide (Along with Modern Thor) during the original reveal a year and a half ago, and Toyfare a while back said he's coming out in the comic wave after Secret Wars with the Juggernaut shown at last year's SDCC.

I remember that issue during John Romita, Jr.'s run. The cover is a classic, with Logan casually having a drink at the bar, watching Colussus and Juggernaut fight it out in their civilian attire.

grim
01-14-2010, 05:15 PM
what issue is that? sounds cool.

Did any one else notice that the fury files site no longer works?
you can't input codes anymore.

TheGreyGhost
01-14-2010, 05:52 PM
That kind of sucks...

I just got around to opening the last figures I needed to add to the site, although I went on not to long ago and it still wouldn't let me put any of the codes from last years final wave in...

On the topic of opening recent figures, I have to say that I'm getting seriously ****ed off at how they are packaging these things. First they have their arms weave in and out of the plastic holding them, which is a pain to get them out of without making it feel like you're tearing them apart. And then some of them they have in such awkward poses that it morphs their limbs into weird shapes that takes a lot of work to correct.

Maybe I'm just picky, especially since I take them out of the packages, but irks me having a spider man who has a crooked calf...

Maradona
01-14-2010, 08:51 PM

Uncanny X-Men #183. The Claremont/Romita Jr. run on this this title is when I started reading comics. Despite having read the entire Claremont run on the book and loving John Byrne, this period is my favorite. Anyone remember issues 190-1, when everyone in Marvel's New York gets trapped by Kulan Gath? I love the scene in 190 where Spiderman, crucified as a trophy, breaks free.

RooJay
01-15-2010, 02:58 AM
Uncanny X-Men #183. The Claremont/Romita Jr. run on this this title is when I started reading comics. Despite having read the entire Claremont run on the book and loving John Byrne, this period is my favorite. Anyone remember issues 190-1, when everyone in Marvel's New York gets trapped by Kulan Gath? I love the scene in 190 where Spiderman, crucified as a trophy, breaks free.

That was my personal favorite storyline from that era, and the only issues from around that time that I still occasionally re-read! I'm hoping at some point that we get figures of the Marvel heroes as they appeared in that barbarian reality.:thumbsup:

DarkArtist
01-15-2010, 11:06 AM

Did any one else notice that the fury files site no longer works?
you can't input codes anymore.

did they change it over to reflect the new logo on the packages ?

i think I'm going to take a back seat on this line and maybe call it quits for now unless their is a really cool looking figure that I have to have. trying to cut back on collecting various lines to save cash.

Since 2009 lines collected were:

Star Wars Legacy Build a Droid
Star Wars Clone Wars
Terminator Salvation
Star Trek
Mini-Mates Ghostbusters
Matty Collector Ghostbusters 6"
Marvel Universe
G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra
Star Wars Titanium
Lego
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (just a few actually - really want the Human Alliance series)

thinking of doing some serious scaling back and maybe just focusing on some of the Star Wars, finishing the Ghostbusters 6" with Viekman and maybe only getting a few of the G.I. Joe. on the plus side Terminator and Star Trek are possibly out of the picture and Lego is a hit or miss for me (only looking for a few cool sets) as far as the HA Transformers... thinking of just getting the Skids and Bumblebee for now. we'll see where the line goes from there.

RooJay
01-16-2010, 08:40 PM
Good deals to be had at Wal-Mart right now - I finally picked up my Gigantic Battles Skrull Giant-Man vs. Captain Puerto Rico set for only ten bucks! They had some of the ML Nemesis wave fort ten bucks as well. I also grabbed the Dewback exclusive for only fifteen.

The Captain
01-21-2010, 05:33 AM
Good deals to be had at Wal-Mart right now - I finally picked up my Gigantic Battles Skrull Giant-Man vs. Captain Puerto Rico set for only ten bucks! They had some of the ML Nemesis wave fort ten bucks as well. I also grabbed the Dewback exclusive for only fifteen.

My nearest Wal-mart just cleared their shelves of all Marvel Universe 3.75 figures, and all Wolverine Origins. It's strange...there aren't even any empty slots for them. I haven't checked out the other two in my town yet. However, one of the Walmarts in a nearby town hasn't had even a slot for several months. What's this about?

Dephigravity
01-22-2010, 07:18 PM
picked up series two and three of secret wars at target today! They are definitely getting better. Hawkeye, Thor, and Ultron are freaking amazing! Maybe it was just the one I got but Enchantress is a bit odd in the face. Reed Richards was a bit disappointing... his head is too big for his body which is the Daredevil one. This makes him shorter than most figures ( hint switch the head to a Johnny Storm figure and he looks so much better). Now to wait for the variant Warpath, Vision, and the next waves.

dantes_inferno
01-22-2010, 10:17 PM
grrrrr.....ive seen reports about SW wave 3 out and have been hunting like crazy, i want that thor and hawkeye! ive been to all 4 targets, toysrus, and 2 targets >_<

Sinscia Fat'o
01-28-2010, 09:54 AM
cant get my hands on any of these as i hadnt seen any in quite a while. i finally found daredevil and bullseye for cryin out loud! I cant wait for the thor and enchantress as ive wanted a enchantress for quite a while and getting a old school thor to go with it is just that much more gravy! sad but true this is one of the best lines in a very long time! i just wish dc would get on board with this style of figures.

NerfTW
01-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Secret Wars wave 3 is up at Hasbro Toy Shop right now. Only Richards/Ultron showed up under Marvel Universe for me, the other two are just under the "Marvel" category, so you have to search for them a bit.

Maradona
01-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Secret Wars wave 3 is up at Hasbro Toy Shop right now. Only Richards/Ultron showed up under Marvel Universe for me, the other two are just under the "Marvel" category, so you have to search for them a bit.

Picked them up at Target last Sunday. They are well done.

Beast
01-29-2010, 01:48 PM
A couple new scoop pics. Iron Man: Fusion Armor and Movie Whiplash!

http://www.actionfigs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4048#post4048

And here's a pic of AIM Beekeeper, Juggernaut, Archangel, and Colossus from UK Toyfair.

dantes_inferno
01-31-2010, 05:04 PM
can't wait for Juggernaut, Archangel, and Colossus :D but today I FINALLY found my hawkeye and piledriver. Now I just need a thor

kidcage
02-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Count Mesa, AZ as among the "Secret Wars Wave 3 is out" crowd. Just popped in on the way to work this morning, figured I'd give a quick look. 4 packs of each of the new ones out stared back and me.

I picked up the best paint jobbed ones I could find, and on glancing in the package, these seem to be much better than even the 1st wave of the series. Ultron looks menacing as heck, and Reed's a decent lookin' figure. Enchantress is cool looking, as is Piledriver. Thor wins points one for the classic look, and two the writing on his hammer. Hawkeye meanwhile is the figure I've waited for since this entire MU line was announced, and the 1980s look, complete with grin, makes it worth it.

These will hold me over until the next single carded series and the Iron Man figures come out (War Machine!)

Phantom-like Menace
02-02-2010, 12:33 AM
I'm in Pensacola, FL, and I found Hawkeye/Piledriver and Reed/Ultron but didn't find Thor/Enchantress.

Hawkeye was the big figure for me since I actually wanted him and am just getting Reed to complete (eventually) the FF and Thor for the Avengers.

I'm really looking forward to Archangel and a Colossus that 1) exists and 2) isn't a midget unlike the Wolverine Origins version.

RooJay
02-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Pretty disappointed in Thor myself. The face sculpt is very soft on detail, the cape is attached at an odd point on his back when it should be attached at the shoulders, the wings are glued on unevenly, and I'm not fond of the combo waist joint with mid-torso joint (I'm usually all for the extra articulation, but those two together just make it hard to line up the torso, especially with as loose as mine are. Enchantress is pretty ugly in general.
I'm still planning on sticking with this line, but it's lost a good deal of it's luster for me.

Stevolittle423
02-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I just hit the mother-load at Toys R Us. They had all of the Iron Man 3 3/4 figures in the boxes on the floor. I picked up everything, including the new super hero squad 3pks.

bluesuntrader
02-06-2010, 07:54 PM
So i got all 3 sets of the secret wars figures. I like them. I am such an anal freak about paint jobs, and articulation, and just the general look about the figure itself. I have to say that these are much improved. Yes enchantress is not very enchanting and thors face lacks color depth, etc., but take into consideration who these are marketed to...children, not man children who have money and collect. These are marketed to tiny dirty figure mutilating children. These are disposable figures if you really think about it. Everybody has an opinion, and thats the whole purpose of forums. Keep them coming, I for one enjoy peoples different takes, and lets remember we are all different, like different colors different foods, and of course different figures..

Oh by the way the ultron figure needed a total paint job on his head to get rid of all that red..sheesh idiot painters... :)

NerfTW
02-07-2010, 11:36 AM
From ToyArk, this week's Toy Fare issue has pictures of:

For Marvel Universe comes the following :

Juggernaut
Archangel
Colossus
AIM Agent
Shadow Cat AKA Kitty Pryde with Lockheed

For Iron Man 2:

Hulkbuster Iron Man
Vault Guardsman
Titanium Man
Classic Iron Man AKA Reconnaissance Armor
Iron Man wave 1 repaint in red and gold with Ditko mask

I can't wait until next week!

I should be ashamed of that, but drooling over action figures is preferable to being stood up by my now ex-fiancÚ like last year. :yes:

Beast
02-07-2010, 02:00 PM
Yay for Kitty Pryde. But we better get a classic apeman Beast as well.

Some teases and hints from Curto over on Cool Toy Review:

Havok was one of the Fans' Choice Poll winners, so he's definitely coming. That's true.

So, you want to know some teasers? How's this...

- We will see another Iron Man & Spider_Man, although not the ones you'd expect.

- One team will be completed, while another team will get its first member.

- Two characters from the first year will get new versions.

- We will see a great mix of exclusives coming this summer...from very different sources.

- There will be at least one character that no one could have predicted. (but feel free to guess!)

- Finally, we will see a new Captain!

That enough for ya??

NerfTW
02-07-2010, 04:03 PM
The only team I can think of who are anywhere near "completed" would be the Fantastic Four. Avengers and X-men are a bit to large to expect to be done in one year. It could also be the Defenders, maybe.

Plenty of teams to choose from for "first member". Inhumans, Guardians of the Galaxy, a specific X-team?

Maradona
02-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Maybe we'll get a Powerman to complete the Powerman and Iron Fist team?

NerfTW
02-08-2010, 09:16 AM
He's in the next wave. I didn't think of that, since he's been announced since SDCC last June.

NerfTW
02-09-2010, 09:28 AM
The
Luke Cage
Black Widow
First Appearance Cap
Bucky
Iron Man
Modern Thor

wave is up for pre-order on Hasbro Toy Shop, shipping at the end of the month.

Maradona
02-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Picked up 9 of the Iron Man 2 figures at TRU. Along with all other Hasbro 3 3/4" figures (Star Wars, Marvel, GI Joe), they were $6.99. Has anyone else seen this price drop at their local TRU or this an isolated case? The IM2 figures have a counting system that goes all the way to at least 26, which seems like way too many figures to release at once given the economic climate. The deluxe figures, of which they had Negative Zone and Juggernaut armors, were $14.99, more than twice the cost of a basic figure.

defiant00
02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm still hoping for a Madrox figure. Green tshirt, trenchcoat, but without the "M" on his face. And a Gambit in this line, the XMO:W figure was a bit of a disappointment.

Beast
02-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Here's a couple pics from the latest Toyfare that someone posted elsewhere.

Have to say the X-Men wave is looking great. Can't wait to get them all.

defiant00
02-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Well, that's five more figs from this line I'll be after...I'm trying to stick to the X-characters...

Daryl VayDar
02-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Stopped by Toys R Us and ALL of the Marvel 3 3/4" stuff was marked down to $6.99. Marvel U; XMO:Wolverine; Wolvie and the X-Men; Animated Iron Man and the new Spider-Man line (bought a Green Goblin...kinda wish I hadn't.) all had red "new, lower price!" tags on them.
I found the same $6.99 tags on all of the Star Wars and Joe figures also...

NerfTW
02-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Yay! I hope that lasts. And I gotta stop buying from HTS. $15 in shipping and taxes for six figures. Yikes. Maybe they wouldn't have to charge so much if they shipped in a normal sized box.

Stevolittle423
02-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Yay! I hope that lasts. And I gotta stop buying from HTS. $15 in shipping and taxes for six figures. Yikes. Maybe they wouldn't have to charge so much if they shipped in a normal sized box.

AGREED!!! I am tired of thier prices as well

figrin bran
02-12-2010, 11:36 PM
There's a "thanks10" code that will save you 10% on HTS right now. I know it's not much but at least it helps out a bit.

Beast
02-13-2010, 01:12 PM
First sneak peek of what's in store for MU during Toy Fair...

THANOS!!

Beast
02-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Some news trickling out. Wave 4 news...

Mary Jane, who won the MU Pick 5 poll will come packed with Ms. Lion.

Wave 4 will also contain the much requested Iron Patriot! :D

And a quick last minute update, it'll also have Iron Spidey. Woot. :D

NerfTW
02-13-2010, 04:04 PM
That is pretty damn awesome.

Also, I TOTALLY CALLED IT. The "Titanic proportions" hint was referring to Thanos. Boo Yah.

Beast
02-13-2010, 05:52 PM
News from Fwoosh at Toy Fair...

Wave 3:

Archangel
Kitty Pryde with Lockheed (Bendy!)
Modern Havok
AIM goon
Colossus
Juggernaut

Wave 4

Iron Patriot
Skrull soldier (Secret Invasion style)
Iron Spidey
Winter Soldier
Wrecker
Mary Jane with Ms. Lion (Completes Spidey & his Amazing Friends!)

Future Waves:

Thanos

2 packs

Dark Phoenix/Cyclops
Black “Spider-Man” Venom/Daken
Sentry/Spider-Man

19” Galactus – MSRP $49.99. Super Articulated. On shelves in October.

More retailer exclusive 3-Packs later in the year. Something more than just repaints.

BIG FWOOSH EXCLUSIVE:

Sometime in the latter half of the year, there will be a MU 6-pack. They wouldn’t get specific about it, but they did say it would be based on a very important (and highly priced) comic in Marvel’s history. My guess is Giant Size X-Men #1. But that is MY OWN GUESS, so don’t hold Hasbro to that.

NerfTW
02-13-2010, 08:11 PM
X-men #1 is the highest priced comic in Marvel History. I'm betting it's

Cyclops
Beast
Gambit
Rogue
Psylocke
Wolverine

Also known as the Blue Team. It's exactly six characters (If you leave out Jubilee), and it has a lot of fan requested characters. Giant Size X-men would be:

Cyclops
Wolverine
Colossus
Storm
Nightcrawler
Sunfire
Banshee
Thunderbird

Eight characters, which would be mostly already released figures and repaints, so it has that going for it.

bigbarada
02-13-2010, 08:32 PM
X-men #1 is the highest priced comic in Marvel History. I'm betting it's

Cyclops
Beast
Gambit
Rogue
Psylocke
Wolverine

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are at least 100 Marvel comics that are more significant than that ill-conceived reboot.

Of course, I'm hoping for the original 5 X-Men, but Giant Sized X-Men #1 is much more likely.

Is it necessarily going to be an X-Men set? What about Amazing Fantasy #15? Or Fantastic Four #1?

Beast
02-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Well, X-Men (2nd Series) #1 is still the highest selling comic book in history.

But I have a feeling they're referring to Giant-Size X-Men #1.

NerfTW
02-14-2010, 08:42 AM
I hope they aren't. They'd just stick six repaints in it and call it a day. We already have one classic Cyclops, plus the one in the Dark Phoenix pack, Colossus, Wolverine, Sunfire, and Nightcrawler. Then we'd get just one of Banshee, Thunderbird, or Storm.

At least X-men #1 would have new outfits.

NerfTW
02-14-2010, 11:34 AM
I just realized we still don't know who the seventh Fan's Choice figure is. Luke Cage was revealed as one, we saw Mary Jane, Havok, Archangel, and Winter Soldier at Toy Fair.

So that leaves Mystique hanging in some future wave, and none of the other figures announced match anyone else in the poll.

And before I point this out as evidence for Beast in a Blue Team X-men #1 pack, it also points to a possible Thunderbird figure in a Giant Size X-men set.

Although since they're no longer doing it as a single wave, they might just be sticking the "Fan's Choice Winner" label on anyone who did well in the poll.

ZeoVGM
02-14-2010, 11:29 PM
I hope they aren't. They'd just stick six repaints in it and call it a day. We already have one classic Cyclops, plus the one in the Dark Phoenix pack, Colossus, Wolverine, Sunfire, and Nightcrawler. Then we'd get just one of Banshee, Thunderbird, or Storm.

At least X-men #1 would have new outfits.

It wouldn't even be repaints. It would be repacks.

If they did Giant-Size X-Men, we'd only get one new figure: Storm in that costume.

Cyclops? We have a lighter version of him on the GS #1 cover in the two-pack with Hulk. But this weekend they showed off the darker version that we see on the GS #1 cover, packed with Dark Phoenix.

Colossus? We're getting that in an upcoming wave.

Wolverine in the yellow/blue costume? We're getting that in the Target-exclusive two-packs that were shown off today. He's packed with a repainted Hand Ninja (looks to be black, but the lighting might be off).

Thunderbird? We've already seen an original costume variant of Warpath in the X-Force costume that will be released in the next couple months.

Nightcrawler? Getting him in a SW two-pack.

My money is on the original X-Men #1. It makes more sense. And perhaps instead of Magneto, we'll get Professor X.

plasticfetish
02-17-2010, 12:51 AM
Picked up War Machine (#23) from the Iron Man 2 line at TRU today. Yes, the price is $6.99 (which is good), and yes, it's a great figure.

From what I saw after looking over about half the figures from this line, I'd say Hasbro has done a great job with this one. I like the idea of having three different categories (comic book, movie, concept), and I'm impressed by the overall quality of the toys.

Sculpt and articulation are really good, and aside from a few cases where the gold paint on the Iron Man III armor wasn't so clean, I'm seeing an effort to improve on what they've been doing with the Marvel Universe line.

Good stuff! :thumbsup:

Beast
02-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah, the second year of MU and the Iron Man line both beat the first year of MU and XMO:W by a large margin. Most of the sculptors weren't used to doing 3 3/4" figures for the first year. And the factory had never done them before. Now it seems like everything is clicking and we're getting some amazing figures.

NerfTW
02-17-2010, 01:23 PM
The comic packs especially I noticed a marked improvement on. For the first two waves, only the "new" or "this will never come out on single card" figure got detailing, while the repack (Or will be repacked in Cap's case) figure was mostly unpainted plastic with no highlighting.

The last wave with almost all new one shot characters had detailing on both. Well, except Ultron, but he didn't really need it.

And of course, the main line figures have just been getting better and better, with the exception of the occasional oddity like Jean Grey.

plasticfetish
02-18-2010, 02:14 AM
Yeah, the second year of MU and the Iron Man line both beat the first year of MU and XMO:W by a large margin. Most of the sculptors weren't used to doing 3 3/4" figures for the first year. And the factory had never done them before. Now it seems like everything is clicking and we're getting some amazing figures.I'm not really collecting any of the Marvel 3-3/4-inch for myself, but my son has been into them, so I'll pick something up every now and then, and let him have them after I've had a chance to look them over.

With that said, I'm still rooting for Hasbro's run at doing Marvel in this scale, but I can't get over how loose the paint has been for so many of the figures. And then there's the high price... which is why I think TRU has done just about the smartest thing that they've ever done by leveling off at $6.99 in order to compete with Target, etc.

I had a chance to wander through a different Toys R Us today, and saw $6.99 as the going price for just about every 3-3/4-inch figure... which is awesome. I think the $10-ish price that we've seen is what killed my interest in the Marvel Universe line. That, and the totally random level of quality. New factories and inexperienced sculptors aside, making small scale action figures isn't a new thing for Hasbro, so I definitely expect a lot more than what I've seen. Lately they've been better, but there's still much improvement to be made.

Old Fossil
02-18-2010, 07:35 AM
My WM's pegs are slam full of remnants of old waves... Electro, Red Hulk, Hobgoblin, Union Jack. I despair of finding any new figures there... but for the asking price, I'm not overly despairing.

The Captain
02-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I finally got my hands on Hawkeye and the original Thor figures. Hawkeye is among the best so far. Thor needs some help. His head looks strange, and his arms are puny. His hammer is also too small. I can't figure out why some like Hawkeye are so right on, and others, like Thor are so wrong.

I hope Modern Thor turns out better.

Beast
02-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Keep an eye out at your local targets.

I found all the Secret Wars 2-Packs on sale for $3.24 today at mine.

Picked up 5 of the 9 sets I needed. So figured I'd put the word out.

If anyone finds them for this price and wants to grab me what I'm missing, that would be great.

Need:

Wolverine/Human Torch
Magneto/Black Costume Spider-Man
Iron Man/Spider-Woman (Arachne)
Cyclops/Hulk

figrin bran
02-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Beast, Secret Wars packs are full price at my local Targets.

By sale, do you mean clearance? I know one or two of my local Targets clearanced out these packs but the rest still have them in stock - just saw the Thor/Huntress and Hawkeye packs this morning, in fact.

Beast
02-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Could be a clearance. But they usually use orange price tags for those, IIRC.

These were the regular white price tags. So no clue what is going on.

Dephigravity
02-22-2010, 05:39 PM
I work for Target. The white tickets are either an accident or those items came in on a truck after they went markdown. 3.24 is a final markdown price so most likely your store won't be carrying them any more as we are doing an action figure reset next week.

buddyfingers
02-23-2010, 07:20 PM
Mixed signals here...

I'm in northern California, does that mean my target should have the sale price? Beast, I'm not sure what part of the country you are from so if you are midwest or east coast it could be different for you.

Would really love to pick these packs up for that sale price since I have none of them at all......

Dephigravity
02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Different stores can carry or discontinue different items. My store didn't carry the Secret Wars packs until after Christmas while the other stores in Idaho and Utah had them before. Beast's store apparently has discontinued them and they have been clearanced out. It all depends on variables such as store size and the items performance in any given store. If it doesn't sell well in a store it may go clearance and not carried forward while in other stores they will keep it. You would have to check your local stores to see if they are on the clearance price because this is not a chain wide sales price. Hope that clarifies things.

RooJay
02-24-2010, 03:42 AM
In each of the five stores in my area, only the older comic packs went on clearance. The newer ones were being stocked in their place at the regular price as the older ones had been moved to the clearance aisle.

buddyfingers
02-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Different stores can carry or discontinue different items. My store didn't carry the Secret Wars packs until after Christmas while the other stores in Idaho and Utah had them before. Beast's store apparently has discontinued them and they have been clearanced out. It all depends on variables such as store size and the items performance in any given store. If it doesn't sell well in a store it may go clearance and not carried forward while in other stores they will keep it. You would have to check your local stores to see if they are on the clearance price because this is not a chain wide sales price. Hope that clarifies things.
Thanks, yes that does clarify how it works for me, appreciate the reply.
And Roojay, you aren't that far from me, I'm in Concord, so hopefully some of my stores in the area will have the same thing going on. I will check it out and report back:yes:

RooJay
02-25-2010, 03:06 AM
Thanks, yes that does clarify how it works for me, appreciate the reply.
And Roojay, you aren't that far from me, I'm in Concord, so hopefully some of my stores in the area will have the same thing going on. I will check it out and report back:yes:

My profile says Vallejo (my hometown) but I've actually lived in Concord for most of the last ten years; I'm actually right around the corner from the Target in Pleasant Hill. I've actually seen the remnants of the most recent wave of comic packs earlier this week. I did misspeak in my previous post, in that Pleasant Hill hasn't had any on clearance. Vallejo, Fairfield, Walnut Creek, and Pinole all have, though.

buddyfingers
02-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Right on dude, thanks for the info. The pittsburg target does not have them on sale, I'm going to be checking others as well. How was the selection in the ones you mentioned?

Stevolittle423
02-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Has anyone found out if those Star Wars plastic collector cases fit these figures. I would like to buy some but I don't want to waste my money if they don't. Thanks

RooJay
02-26-2010, 02:05 AM
Right on dude, thanks for the info. The pittsburg target does not have them on sale, I'm going to be checking others as well. How was the selection in the ones you mentioned?

They've sold through and restocked at least a couple of times now. I've really only noticed them in passing as I'd found all of mine pretty much right away and haven't been needing to really look. I think Pleasant Hill may be out of the recent wave at the moment, Vallejo doesn't really stock their toy department very often at all, Fairfield had a couple of the Hawkeye/Piledriver 2-packs at least as of last Saturday, and I haven't been to Pinole in a while. Walnut Creek is sold out as of my last visit earlier this evening, but they do tend to restock more frequently than the others.
Since you're so close, I should also point out that Hilltop Mall in Richmond is supposed to be having a collectibles show this Saturday. I've heard a lot of the vendors that are supposed to be there have pretty good prices on a lot of newer stuff. I've no idea how much Marvel U stuff will be there, but I'm betting there'll be plenty of folks with the latest wave of 2-packs on hand.

JediTricks
02-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Picked up War Machine (#23) from the Iron Man 2 line at TRU today. Yes, the price is $6.99 (which is good), and yes, it's a great figure.

From what I saw after looking over about half the figures from this line, I'd say Hasbro has done a great job with this one. I like the idea of having three different categories (comic book, movie, concept), and I'm impressed by the overall quality of the toys.

Sculpt and articulation are really good, and aside from a few cases where the gold paint on the Iron Man III armor wasn't so clean, I'm seeing an effort to improve on what they've been doing with the Marvel Universe line.

Good stuff! :thumbsup:Wow, that looks pretty nifty. I have only seen classic-armor IM in this line so far, and it's beefier than the regular Marvel line. I am a little cheesed that they're changing scales on a movie line in the second film, but that figure looks good enough to con me into getting it and movie 1 IM as well.

Oh, I've also been seeing a few of the formula racer and TRU had a deluxe figure, both were meh.

figrin bran
02-27-2010, 01:04 AM
I got Thor in the mail from HTS yesterday. He's definitely one of my favorites in the line thus far and much, much better than the Secret Wars Thor.

darthbooger
02-27-2010, 08:51 AM
So would that wave with Thor be in stores soon? I havent seen it. Does anyone know when to expect the Samuel Jackson Nick Fury in the IM2 line to be released? I'm impressed with all the figures so far besides War Machine, the one I got has two right hands. :tired:

The Captain
02-27-2010, 02:18 PM
I got Thor in the mail from HTS yesterday. He's definitely one of my favorites in the line thus far and much, much better than the Secret Wars Thor.

I wholeheartedly agree. I finally got my hands on modern Thor as well. He is one of the best yet. The secret wars Thor looks anemic by comparison.

plasticfetish
02-28-2010, 02:45 AM
Wow, that looks pretty nifty. I have only seen classic-armor IM in this line so far, and it's beefier than the regular Marvel line. I am a little cheesed that they're changing scales on a movie line in the second film, but that figure looks good enough to con me into getting it and movie 1 IM as well.I'm honestly not thrilled that they're shifting to an entirely 3-3/4-inch offering either, but these are pretty cool.

...and my son is playing with them... that's my excuse anyway. ;)

Oh, I've also been seeing a few of the formula racer and TRU had a deluxe figure, both were meh.Anything but these figures is just cr*p. Hasbro is amazing at overkill... and so now we have an Iron Man Mr. Potato Head. :rolleyes:

I'm impressed with all the figures so far besides War Machine, the one I got has two right hands. :tired:You know, the outer packaging is made from a transparent material... so that you can actually look at the toy before you buy it. ;) Just kidding... that sucks. I'd take it back and get another.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I've picked up Crimson Dynamo (comic book), Iron Man - Mark I (movie), and Iron Man - 1st version (comic book) now also.

I'll probably go into detail later, but Crimson Dynamo is awesome. Very simple, but really well made, and perfectly clunky. IM Mark I is cool, with nice detail, but the tan painted joints are sticky. The weapon accessory is stupid. Origins comic book Iron Man is my favorite. I'm sort of missing the little shoulder antenna, but I know it would have been a problem to keep those from breaking off. (It's weird how the comic book first version is a bit taller than the film version.) My only complaint is that they kind of ignored the back of the figure when it came to paint.

At this point, the one thing that I'm not liking about this line is that Hasbro is still having QC problems with the paint on gold and crimson Iron Man suits. I guess it's just a "thing" that they can't totally figure out.

darthbooger
02-28-2010, 11:16 AM
I was so excited I didnt look at his hands, all I saw were guns, big beautiful guns lol. His head broke off when I tried to move it, but some superglue will fix that. Where did you find the Mark I, Plasticfetish ? If you dont mind me asking? :D

figrin bran
02-28-2010, 09:51 PM
I picked up Deep Dive Iron Man from the IM2 line today. I figure that these will ship in great quantities over the next few months so I just limited myself to this one figure for now.

The line indeed looks impressive!

plasticfetish
03-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Where did you find the Mark I, Plasticfetish ? If you dont mind me asking? :DToys R Us is the only place that I've seen them so far. One of the stores near me has sold through, and then been refreshed at least once in the last week or so. They're doing really well.

I figure that these will ship in great quantities over the next few months...Yeah, I think you're totally correct. I image that once the film breaks, these will be all over the place.

JetsAndHeels
03-01-2010, 09:43 AM
So far I have bought the following from the IM2 line:

Mark I
Mark II
Mark VI (both versions)
War Machine (comic version)
Electronic Repulsor Power figure

I am looking for movie War Machine now..hopefully it will be out today when I check after work.

Phantom-like Menace
03-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Got to Target and found them in a tub ready to be put out. I waited patiently a little while until an employee asked if I needed help, and I got first crack. I picked up Comic Series Mark I, Hypervelocity armor, Comic War Machine, Crymson Dynamo, Deep Dive Armor, Mark II, Comic Series Classic, Comic Series Stealth, and Mark VI (meant to get the Mark III, but that's what I get for not paying attention).

Link to a pic:
http://members.cox.net/fmkj/iron334.JPG

DarkArtist
03-01-2010, 11:07 AM
picked up 3 of the Iron Man 2 figures the other day at Walmart... Iron Monger, Mark 1 Iron Man and War Machine... all the figures look great. can't wait to see what is in store for this line in the future..

Maradona
03-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I think you're totally correct. I image that once the film breaks, these will be all over the place.

...and likely on sale. I must say that I'm intrigued by the IM2 Formula 1/Indy Cart race car. I may end up picking up a few up for customizing once their price inevitably drops. I can foresee one done in X-Wing colors and one Cobra themed.

JediTricks
03-01-2010, 04:06 PM
TRU had a bunch of figure 3 and 4 in the IM2 line, movie 1 Iron Man mk 3 and some heavy armor armor thing. None of the mk 3s had good paint, and the chest looks terrible. The heavy armor thing looks pretty boring.

I was so excited I didnt look at his hands, all I saw were guns, big beautiful guns lol. His head broke off when I tried to move it, but some superglue will fix that. Where did you find the Mark I, Plasticfetish ? If you dont mind me asking? :DHow did his head break? It seems like it's on a ball-joint, that's not something that breaks the way a stuck peg or hinge would. I would suggest sending it back to Hasbro asking for a replacement. They can't guarantee the same item though, so it's a risk, but it's new enough that it should hold up.

JetsAndHeels
03-01-2010, 07:35 PM
I went by my local Walmart and Target after work today, but did not find anything new. I decided to venture over to KMart and I scored movie War Machine and Mark V.

darthbooger
03-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Toys hate me , thats why it broked :laugh:
Target took it back though.
TRU had every figure I was looking for today except the Mark I :upset: