PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Universe - 3 3/4" Figures!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

clone157
03-02-2010, 04:16 PM
It seems that Wal mart is getting shelf talkers with the first movie collection. They and Target seem to be getting the comic line to the pegs pretty quickly. Deluxes have hit as well, but they do not look that interesting. I am surprised that Hasbro is not taking the huge cannon from the Deluxe Deadpool and packaging it with another repaint of ol' Shellhead. I did not see that many Crimson Dynamos, so I picked up one of him. I think I might wait on the main movie figures until the Target exclusives with the light up bases.

NerfTW
03-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Over at the Fwoosh forums, the same guy that snagged the Warpath and Vision variants nobody else has found yet also recieved Luke Cage and Black Widow variants, evidently.

Black Widow has short blond hair, which we already saw at Comic Con last year, to make Yelena Belova.

Luke Cage has a yellow tank top, black ski cap, and silver chain.

RooJay
03-03-2010, 02:27 AM
The Iron Man movie figures look and feel much nicer and higher in quality to me than the Marvel Universe line. The hip joints are still a little wonky (the look doesn't bother me at all, but I don't care for how they function) and I question the need for this type of hip joint. With the designs on these armored type characters, it seems to me that a simple cut joint should be pretty easy to hide, and would work better.

Dephigravity
03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
So I finally got around to setting two out my three action figure aisles at work yesterday.... of course the Iron Man figures had to be on one and my wallet is just a tad lighter.... picked up Crimson Dynamo, War Machine, and Iron Monger, and just cus threw in a Venom from the 3.5" Spidey line till they come out with a MU one. Have to say I am loving the Iron Man 2 ones, such a vast improvement over the XMO:Wolverine line.... Venom is okay.... he had a lot of potential, two quirls annoyed me though. A) no knees joints... WTF lol and B) on all the packaging it shows the Mac Gargan version (beady little eyes in the huge white ones), yet the figure itself looks more like the Eddie Brock version.... I much prefer the newer version of the character... oh well it's only temporary right?

thenameiuse
03-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Comic Pack Wave 4 up on HTS.

DarkArtist
03-04-2010, 02:55 PM
out of all the comics packs the only one that interests me is the Storm / Nightrcrawler set...storm would make a nice base for a custom female Dreadnok for G.I. Joe.... that's really about it. really want to get the Balck Widow figure and Bucky though...

JediTricks
03-04-2010, 03:47 PM
The Iron Man movie figures look and feel much nicer and higher in quality to me than the Marvel Universe line. The hip joints are still a little wonky (the look doesn't bother me at all, but I don't care for how they function) and I question the need for this type of hip joint. With the designs on these armored type characters, it seems to me that a simple cut joint should be pretty easy to hide, and would work better.On IM, this is how the joint looks in the movie. That doesn't excuse the comic figures not based on the movie though.

I generally like the range of motion this joint gives, but it's no fun posing, it requires thought and planning that are counter-intuitive to fun play or quick changes.

Target finally got their IM figs in, $6.99 which is surprising because that store is the one charging $8.64 for Star Wars. They had a mountain of IM light-up mk4, deep dive, and hypersonic, plus a lone Stealth IM comic classic armor which I stashed. The light-up fig was in try-me and the whole torso lights up, stupid Hasbro blew it again.

RooJay
03-05-2010, 02:08 AM
On IM, this is how the joint looks in the movie. That doesn't excuse the comic figures not based on the movie though.

If you say so.

Phantom-like Menace
03-05-2010, 03:02 AM
I'm officially good on Iron Man 2 figures until new stuff comes out. I grabbed a Mark III and a movie Mark I. I was worried I was going to miss them, but apparently they had just been put out.

darthbooger
03-05-2010, 03:06 AM
I like em all except deep dive and purple stealth, their just too colorful. :razz:

JediTricks
03-06-2010, 12:25 AM
If you say so.
Aside from the hip-mounted countermeasure launcher, yes.
http://photos.actionfigs.com/basic-3-3-2f4-22-action-figures/p44123-hasbro-iron-man-2.html

Old Fossil
03-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Picked up Comic Series Iron Man and the Mark I. Really well-done figures here, with decent accessories and stands that hold their file cards as well. I'm sticking with the comic series figures but the movie line is very tempting... I almost bought the Mark II for the detail work.

figrin bran
03-06-2010, 10:37 PM
I actually liked the Hypervelocity IM better than any of the movie ones so I bought him today along with Crimson Dynamo.

figrin bran
03-07-2010, 11:27 AM
TRU has a 2 for $10.99 sale on IM2 figures this week.

NerfTW
03-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Vote for this year's exclusive figure for new Marvel Digital subscribers!

http://marvel.com/news/toystories.11583.vote_for_the_next_exclusive_hasbr o_figure

Dangit, I'm going to permanently have a subscription to this... :razz:

The choices are
Archangel in his X-force costume
Norman Osborn in his HAMMER uniform.
And Karla Sofen(Moonstone) as Ms. Marvel. (AKA: The one that was already said to be coming out on single card)

Last year, fans far and wide went bananas for the Nick Fury (http://marvel.com/universe/Fury%2C_Nick) Marvel Universe action figure offered exclusively to Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited subscribers. And now, for 2010, we want YOU to help decide which figure new subscribers will receive.
Your choices are Archangel (http://marvel.com/universe/Archangel) in his current X-Force (http://marvel.com/universe/X-Force) costume, Norman Osborn (http://marvel.com/universe/Green_Goblin_%28Norman_Osborn%29) in his H.A.M.M.E.R. outfit and Ms. Marvel (http://marvel.com/universe/Ms._Marvel_%28Carol_Danvers%29)--the MM from Dark Avengers (http://marvel.com/universe/Dark%20Avengers), aka Karla Sofen, aka Moonstone (http://marvel.com/universe/Moonstone_%28Karla_Sofen%29)!
Cast your vote in our official poll now--voting closes at 11:59 p.m. Eastern on March 15. Once all the votes are tallied, we'll let you know which choice won, when it'll be available and how to get it!
So, uh, yeah.

Why do I get the impression these figures will come out in one form or another regardless of the poll results?

DarkArtist
03-10-2010, 07:21 AM
i wanna see more love for some of the women characters of the Marvel Universe like:

White Queen
Rogue
Mystique
Mary Jane
X-23
Storm
Black Cat
Gwen Stacy

would even love to see a Madame Web figure with throne.

the recent Jean Grey figure looks bad and I haven't spotted the new Black Widow figure yet but looking forward to see it at retail soon. really hoping that they make a different version of the Black Widow for Iron Man 2 line.

figrin bran
03-10-2010, 10:49 PM
I believe there is a Black Widow for the Iron Man 2 line and I believe Mary Jane is coming in MU.

plasticfetish
03-11-2010, 02:20 AM
I believe there is a Black Widow for the Iron Man 2 line...Yeah, along with the rest of the character figures from the new film.

Speaking of the Iron Man 2 line, I finally got around to taking pics of Iron Man Mark I and first version comic book Iron Man. Both are very nice figures.

Old Fossil
03-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Yeah, along with the rest of the character figures from the new film.

Speaking of the Iron Man 2 line, I finally got around to taking pics of Iron Man Mark I and first version comic book Iron Man. Both are very nice figures.

Nice images. I got the first version comic book IM. My only complaint is the ankle joint on the left leg is rather loose, and coupled with the figure being so heavy it has trouble standing up, even with the aid of the stand.

JediTricks
03-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Yeah, along with the rest of the character figures from the new film.

Nice pics!

I didn't realize Comic Tony Stark was so much taller than RDJ. ;) Also sloppier, I've never seen the Mk 1 armor so incredibly rusty before.

bluesuntrader
03-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Found the new comic packs today.

Love the night crawler, not so much the storm, my daughter does not even want her.

The bulldozer is awesome, only one more of the crew to go! The thing is great as well. who does not like the thing in his little shorts.

Doctor Doom good, and the absorbing man i love!!

bigbarada
03-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Found the new comic packs today.

Love the night crawler, not so much the storm, my daughter does not even want her.

The bulldozer is awesome, only one more of the crew to go! The thing is great as well. who does not like the thing in his little shorts.

Doctor Doom good, and the absorbing man i love!!

Yeah I saw them the other day. I wanted to get the Cyclops/Hulk set (the first time I've actually seen it), but couldn't find any with a decent paint job on both figures. The Storm figure is actually my favorite Marvel figure so far! I never thought we'd see a toy of the 80s punk Storm and I think Hasbro really hit this one out of the park. She looks about as perfect as I could have expected.

Nightcrawler is alright. I'm not sure how much I like the way they made his costume. Having the red portion as a separate piece might have been cool if the design was followed through in the lower half of his body. As it is, it just looks like Hasbro forgot a paint app on the front of his torso. If he had been individually carded, then I would not have bought him; but since I wanted Storm so badly I basically got stuck with a slightly substandard Nightcrawler.

NerfTW
03-13-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm annoyed I got the Hulk/Cyclops set in the first place. Cyclops is being re-released in darker colors with Dark Phoenix, and the paint job on Hulk is just too lime green for my taste.

Nightcrawler I can hopefully fix with a quick dab of black paint.

bluesuntrader
03-13-2010, 12:26 PM
I agree the storm is well done, but I was never a fan of that version. I am an old school x-men issue 94, or giant size X-Men number one costume fan.

Paint is a wonderful thing for fixing figures that just don't hit the mark with you.

The Cyclops is great in my opinion, but that being said he could have been way better.

evenflow
03-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Anyone else annoyed about the digital comics subscription figure? I didnt get Nick Fury becuase of it and probably not this years either.

bigbarada
03-14-2010, 11:24 AM
I agree the storm is well done, but I was never a fan of that version. I am an old school x-men issue 94, or giant size X-Men number one costume fan.

Paint is a wonderful thing for fixing figures that just don't hit the mark with you.

The Cyclops is great in my opinion, but that being said he could have been way better.

I was born in 1973, but I didn't start seriously collecting comic books until about 1986. Back then the big events were the Mutant Massacre then the Fall of the Mutants storylines so my introduction to the X-Men was from those issues where Storm had her mohawk. So, I guess since I was introduced to the character in that outfit, it's always been the default version of Storm in my mind.

Anyways, I'm also glad to hear that Cyclops is going to be released again in darker blue, since I'm not happy with the light blue outfit he's wearing in the current comic pack. Also great to hear that we're getting Dark Phoenix! :thumbsup:

jedimastergeorge06
03-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Does any one know where besides ebay that i can get the marvel universe nick fury figure that was offered through the digital comics deal. I never got the chance to get the figure.

JediTricks
03-14-2010, 02:06 PM
I picked up Comic Series Iron Man Mk 1 armor and War Machine at Target last night.

Ol' Mk 1 is pretty good, they went crazy with the rusty color instead of silver but it works conceptually, though isn't very accurate. The head is a touch too small IMO, but that could be related to the inclusion of a neck. They had to interpret the armor so it would be articulated, it's a hybrid of the classic comic mk 1 armor and the way the movie did the joints with cutouts and stuff, makes sense. I think the hips and ankles don't quite get away with it though, they end up looking a little off. The figure has a rubbery flame blast for his left pointing-posed hand, they call it a repulsor blast for the kiddies but it's fire, and it sags a little but it's alright, makes the figure a little more dynamic. Overall, this is a decent figure, feels like a worthy inclusion to the lore.

War Machine is pretty much straight out of the comics, and fairly cool as a figure. The helmet sculpt feels a little like the movie design (the comics had this too, but there's something about it in 3d...) but the torso and arms have sculpted muscles to show it's not the movie design. The coloring works despite not being the black armor, this has a more realistic feel. The weapons come up over the shoulders and have rotation, pretty much everything you'd want, although the weapons in the right forearm aren't that impressive. The plug-on blasts are cooler than I want to admit. The torso and neck joints are both kinda useless though, very little range of motion.

I want to talk about a few more things, the unusual hip articulation that I don't like but I admire for offering as close to an uncompromised sculpt as they can get while still having forward motion, and it works better for leg spread action poses. The hand poses. The stands. The little cards. But I have to run, so next time. Excelsior!

PS - Target also had the Mk V armor from the movie, it's the suitcase armor from the trailer, the suitcase comes with but is a missile launcher. Well-timed release, Hasbro! Right with the trailer.

NerfTW
03-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Does any one know where besides ebay that i can get the marvel universe nick fury figure that was offered through the digital comics deal. I never got the chance to get the figure.

They've been repeating the offer over and over with short breaks. You should still be able to get one through the offer.

Other than that, Ebay or a store that resells. But it won't be cheap. You'll be paying at least the same amount as the subscription method.

JediTricks
03-14-2010, 11:34 PM
2 more thoughts on War Machine:
What the hell is with the shoulderpads being on hinges? This was just a bad idea, the hinges are big and they get in the way of arm movement, so they're destined to be a point of failure. They don't kill the figure, but they sure don't help any.

The figure does a very good job standing out from the unholy myriad of Iron Man figures surrounding it on shelves, not just by color but the armor is a broader guy, a bigger chest. This lets War Machine be its own thing, better even than the movie version.

Other thoughts about the general design:
The hip articulation isn't ideal, but comparing these figs to my MU Iron Man figures (regular IM, classic IM), those hip designs have less range and make those figures seem skinnier than these movie designs. I really don't think they're fun at all, I suspect a kid won't even be able to figure them out seeing as they require rotating the hinge 90 degrees to use for up-down. That said, the hinges don't look bad rotated 90, and original orientation they give a quality level of action pose for the legs, but fun they are absolutely not.

I've noticed the hands on these figures generally seem to be 1 fist and 1 uninspired open hand. I saw a figure on the pegs that had an alternate fist in the tray, so they are thinking of it. But one thing that bugs the crap out of me about IM toys is how they can never really be posed in a repulsor-beam-blasting pose with their hands, and this line isn't even trying. I haven't seen 1 yet that gets this, and it drives me nuts.

It's nice these come with stands, and the stands are made to take those armor cards which come apart in 3 pieces for no apparently reason, although you can mix-n-match your own armor designs (torso on 1 card, legs on another, head and arms on the 3rd). While cute, it seems like it's just a pack-in that will add to the pricetag rather than the play factor, they'll be soon lost/ignored, and they seem a little pricey for a printed pack-in. based on its convoluted design. The stands without the cards have decent sculpted detail and, while narrow, do hold the figures via a peg. They clearly were sculpted to have the figure name tampo'ed on the front, but cost-cutting killed that - I don't mind.

All in all, this line is very mixed, but what they get right, they get right well. For $6.99, that's a price that works in my book. But there are a lot of oddball designs, a lot of the same colorscheme, and the light-up figure is ridiculous with the whole torso lighting up. I suspect I'll get 1 or 2 more figures, but largely stay away.

JediTricks
03-15-2010, 03:26 PM
I seem to really be gravitating towards the classic Mk 1 figure, there's something about its poseability and the way it actually has put a little thought into how that armor would move that gets me really enjoying it. It does seem like the Invincible Iron Man in there, a lumbering terror with no flight or repulsors, it's just a well-detailed brute that can be posed quite well.

I also noticed that the hand articulation on these new figures is bad news, the hands are flatter shapes so when rotated it pulls them out of the "sleeve" of the arm since the hand no longer matches that shape, which also pulls the peg slightly out and loosens the joint.

Old Fossil
03-15-2010, 07:31 PM
I seem to really be gravitating towards the classic Mk 1 figure, there's something about its poseability and the way it actually has put a little thought into how that armor would move that gets me really enjoying it. It does seem like the Invincible Iron Man in there, a lumbering terror with no flight or repulsors, it's just a well-detailed brute that can be posed quite well.

JT, do you have any trouble keeping it up?

The Mk 1 figure, specifically. Mine has a weak ankle joint that has trouble supporting the weight of this heavy figure.

Maerj2000
03-15-2010, 08:47 PM
http://print.coupons.com/Couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=15162&zid=st48&nid=20

Page 3 has $5 off $20 or more for Star Wars and Iron Man 2 stuff.

JediTricks
03-15-2010, 09:27 PM
JT, do you have any trouble keeping it up?

The Mk 1 figure, specifically. Mine has a weak ankle joint that has trouble supporting the weight of this heavy figure.Excuse me? ;)

Yes, the left ankle on mine is a tad weak/loose, but there are enough poses that it holds up fine. It also seems to want to lean in the torso only to the left, though if forced it will go to the right as well.

http://print.coupons.com/Couponweb/Offers.aspx?pid=15162&zid=st48&nid=20

Page 3 has $5 off $20 or more for Star Wars and Iron Man 2 stuff.
Motherf'er! I checked them last night and that wasn't there. Good find, if only they didn't have that stupid coupon-printer program that needs installing.

Maerj2000
03-15-2010, 09:43 PM
I take it that the coupon would have come in handy a few days earlier...;)

At least you can print 2 out of each for future purchases until April 15.

NerfTW
03-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Just got the wave four comic packs today.

Thing looks like a giant Cheeto in blue trunks.

I want to repaint Absorbing Man's metal part. And Nightcrawler's lower costume, which even has the grooves lining where it should have been black, oddly.

Doom and Storm are AWESOME. Also, Storm really looks exactly like a 90's Rogue figure if they put a new head on it. I take this as further proof that the secret six pack is X-men #1. At this rate, only Beast really needs all new tooling. (Gambit should, but I would bet he'll be Blade's jacket on some other body.)

JediTricks
03-16-2010, 09:07 PM
So, surprisingly enough, I got War Machine's torso to move last night without even forcing it (much). I was mistaken about his wrists popping out, it's just the mk 1 armor that has that issue, so I was playing with War Machine and the torso got a little looser and turned. It bends the back of the armor which is not ideal, but it's not too bad. I was able to look inside, and it's only a rotation joint, not a sliding joint in any direction at all.

I take it that the coupon would have come in handy a few days earlier...;)

At least you can print 2 out of each for future purchases until April 15.Ugh, yeah.

Oh well.

NerfTW
03-17-2010, 10:50 AM
The winner of the fans choice poll was Archangel in his X-force costume. He will be a New York Comic Con exclusive for those who subscribe to Marvel Digital at the con.

So, a fairly limited venue to... Hey, I live in New York! :D

The press release being posted on news sites doesn't seem to say anything about whether he can be mail ordered. Oh well, I wasn't really keen on any of them, but I voted for Norman.

Also, free shipping on HasbroToyShop until April 4th on Iron Man figures. Small selection left, though.

JediTricks
03-17-2010, 04:01 PM
I picked up Crimson Dynamo chiefly because I wanted a villain figure for my IM figs, it's silly that they haven't released any more villains (if I could at least find my movie 1 Iron Monger, that would scale with these, but I can't find it).

I also picked up Hypervelocity IM and it has 2 left feet, so back it goes.

Dephigravity
03-18-2010, 04:38 PM
So initially I was only going to pick up the villains and War Machine in the Iron Man 2 line but I ended up picking up most of them anyway to make up a hall of armor. the only ones I didn't get were ones that have too similar of versions in the MU line (ie Stealth Armor) I am not to interested in getting the deluxe ones though. MU wise I picked up the last Secret Wars set and Love every one of them! No complaints from me other than my kitten knocked of my variant Thing and my dog got it... I swear the dog paid her off to do it!

dantes_inferno
03-20-2010, 02:44 AM
i cant seem to fnd the last secret wars ANYWHERE, ive checked all 4 walmarts, 3 targets, toysrus, and no where has anything new, i havent seen wave 1 or 2 2010 in stores at all....im bummed. if wave 3 starts showing up in stores and i cant get my colossus or juggernaut, ill hurt someone O_O

NerfTW
03-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't even bother with stores anymore. They got so behind that I just started eating the cost of shipping (and now $1 more per figure) just to avoid missing anyone. (STill haven't gotten a wave 1 flaming Human Torch)

I should be waiting on comic packs, since they always show up eventually, but I got greedy on these last two waves.

lifeinabox
03-20-2010, 11:25 AM
i cant seem to fnd the last secret wars ANYWHERE, ive checked all 4 walmarts, 3 targets, toysrus, and no where has anything new, i havent seen wave 1 or 2 2010 in stores at all....im bummed. if wave 3 starts showing up in stores and i cant get my colossus or juggernaut, ill hurt someone O_O
I wouldn't be too worried about finding the Secret Wars. The previous (Ultron) wave is in plentiful supply and no doubt that the Doom wave will be in a couple of weeks..

The new single carded waves, however, I would grab online or wherever you can find them. I only saw the Vision/Sunfire wave once at retail and that was the left overs. Learned my lesson and purchased what I wanted of the latest wave from HTS while they were still in stock.

Maerj2000
03-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Just to let everyone know, Target has Iron Man 2 figures on sale for $5.99, at lesat the one I stopped at today did. Got 4 of em and used the $5 off coupon so I basically got them for $5 each. Pretty good deal.

evenflow
03-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Found the last wave of Secret War figures, no sign of Wave 7 though, barely ever saw 6.

candyman951
03-27-2010, 03:53 AM
found wave two of the HAMMER files. all except for Black widow at a local Kmart. Even though they were 8.99 i had to get them cuz i never even seen the first wave other than that ugly wovlerine. Did anyone else realize they still have a layaway?

Old Fossil
03-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Found the single-carded Thor today -- it's a great figure, if a little soft on the face sculpt. Very imposing for a 3 3/4" figure, goes a long way towards completing my Avengers collection.

Also got the Dr. Doom/Absorbing Man comic pack. I could care less about Absorbing Man, though it's a decent enough figure. Doom is very, very cool, probably one of the best among the comic packs series, if not THE best. No shoddy paint jobs here. My only nit-pick is that mine will not hold his pistol very well... but that's no biggie, really.

All in all, a good day for my Marvel 3 3/4" collection.:thumbsup:

bigbarada
03-27-2010, 04:32 PM
I picked up the Hulk/Cyclops comic pack even though I originally decided to wait for the darker blue Cyclops figure. However, I finally found a Hulk figure with a decent paint job and this is the best Hulk figure released so far. I definitely love the new headsculpt. :thumbsup:

Also, got the classic (but rusty) Iron Man figure, which is a really well made toy.

NerfTW
03-29-2010, 10:04 PM
BigBadToyStore.com has wave 5 up for pre-order.
It's a little confusing as to whether the Hulk or Spider-man are new or not, but the new figures are:

- Captain Britain
- Team X Wolverine (Team X is the Weapon X team with Maverick, Sabertooth, and Silver Fox for us 90's folk)
- Multiple Man
- Mystique
- Ghost Rider
- Hulk (Possibly World War Hulk?)
Also listed are obvious carry forwards
- Iron Patriot
- Wrecker
- Colossus
- Spider-Man (Red / Blue)

I'm guessing Hulk is new, to make it a six figure wave like others.
A very nice lineup, and it looks like the theories that the AIM soldier is using a certain someone else's body were right. Ghost Rider was one of the theories being tossed about.

defiant00
03-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Are there any pics of the new wave yet? Particularly Multiple Man?

NerfTW
03-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Not yet that I've seen.

Ooh, just realized, Multiple Man and Captain Britain were in the fan's choice poll. One of them might be the runner up figure they haven't revealed, most likely. Although it's likely they'll do most of the higher ranking figures from that poll. It is good marketing data, and this makes EIGHT out of what was originally five figures. Although Captain Britain was shown in his original costume, so if they do one of his more iconic ones, it might not count.

Here's a list of the choices and figures from the poll way back when:
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbro_Marvel_Universe_Fans_Choice_120938.asp

Beast
03-30-2010, 08:14 PM
They wouldn't put 2 Poll winners in the same wave.

But they might have used the poll results for market research for the selection.

NerfTW
03-30-2010, 08:28 PM
Archangel and Havok are in the same wave. As are Winter Soldier and Mary Jane.

Beast
03-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Archangel and Havok are in the same wave. As are Winter Soldier and Mary Jane.
Ahh, ok. I still would be shocked if Captain Britain was the 7th Winner.

defiant00
03-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Maybe this'll become an annual thing; a poll, then the top 10 or so get made that year... how cool would that be?

NerfTW
03-30-2010, 10:50 PM
So has anyone else seen the Hasbro Q&As that came out today?

I swear to god, what was the point of even doing it if every answer was just "Good question! *marketing boilerplate*"?

The only thing approaching an answer was that they referred to the Captain America and Thor movie 4 inch scale toy lines in the present tense, as though they were already working on them. Not surprising, but nice to know they're on it already.

TheDarthVader
03-31-2010, 01:18 PM
No hasbro q&a released yet...

Dephigravity
03-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Ya think? lol

bigbarada
03-31-2010, 05:29 PM
BigBadToyStore.com has wave 5 up for pre-order.
It's a little confusing as to whether the Hulk or Spider-man are new or not, but the new figures are:

Also listed are obvious carry forwards
- Iron Patriot
- Wrecker
- Colossus
- Spider-Man (Red / Blue)

I'm guessing Hulk is new, to make it a six figure wave like others.
A very nice lineup, and it looks like the theories that the AIM soldier is using a certain someone else's body were right. Ghost Rider was one of the theories being tossed about.

Am I the only one who's a little annoyed that Hasbro gives Spider-Man his own 3 3/4" toy line but STILL continues to release Spider-Man figures in almost every wave of the Marvel Universe line? Of course, I could log the same complaint against Iron Man. I understand that they sell well, but it's making it really hard to stay interested in the toy line when the shelves are clogged with nothing but endless variations of Spider-Man and Iron Man.

Anyways, I still haven't read the World War Hulk storyline, but I think it would be cool to someday get a Planet Hulk figure in his gladiator gear.

defiant00
04-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Barada, I totally agree with you! If there's a standalone 3.75 inch line, those characters don't need to be in every wave of MU. I will admit, though, that generally speaking, there seems to be better quality work on the MU line. From a corporate/product development/manufacturing standpoint, from what I understand, there are completely separate teams working on the various product lines, which could explain part of it.

El Chuxter
04-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Oh, snap, have you guys seen the pictures of the upcoming Jubilee figure that have leaked to eBay? It appears someone on the Hasbro team must really like the character, since there's not only the classic Jubilee, but it looks like they're re-using the head and coat to make Generation-X Jubilee as well. Not sure if this will be a separate figure or a running change, but, either way, freaking sweet! Check it out here (http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/usa/Images/dumb-kid.jpg)!

bigbarada
04-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Oh, snap, have you guys seen the pictures of the upcoming Jubilee figure that have leaked to eBay? It appears someone on the Hasbro team must really like the character, since there's not only the classic Jubilee, but it looks like they're re-using the head and coat to make Generation-X Jubilee as well. Not sure if this will be a separate figure or a running change, but, either way, freaking sweet! Check it out here (http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/usa/Images/dumb-kid.jpg)!

I'm not the biggest Jubilee fan in the world, but that figure looks pretty awesome! :thumbsup:

kidcage
04-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Am I the only one who's a little annoyed that Hasbro gives Spider-Man his own 3 3/4" toy line but STILL continues to release Spider-Man figures in almost every wave of the Marvel Universe line? Of course, I could log the same complaint against Iron Man. I understand that they sell well, but it's making it really hard to stay interested in the toy line when the shelves are clogged with nothing but endless variations of Spider-Man and Iron Man.

I do agree with you, and it is a decent point. Once there's a 3.75 line for a character, maybe the MU line could lay off the varations. Now, maybe adding some more of those heroes' supporting characters/villains wouldn't be a bad thing (How about Sandman, Shocker, Black Cat for Spidey while IM gets Whirlwind, Backlash, etc). I also think that giving the MU line more of a chance of punching in some of the characters that were in the fan choice poll that could make for fun figures (as an Avenger fan, Quasar, Hellcat, and Wonder-Man would be welcome additions, per se).

However, the news of the upcoming figures does seem to be pretty interesting, and the Toy Fare article from a bit back of the X-Men heavy wave coming did have me ready for when those hit. I'm not a huge X-Men fan, but some of those figures look wicked.

And I don't know, but something about a Wrecker figure, making a complete Wrecking Crew, has me really excited.

JediTricks
04-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Picked up movie War Machine with red paint effects at WM last night. This figure is a mixed bag. It's nowhere near as cool as the comic figure, that one is a home run. But it does seem to recreate the move armor pretty well, and it has a lot of articulation that works. Even though the shoulder armor is hinged again, unlike the comic version this one works quite nicely with the shoulder articulation, they never feel like they're hindering each other. Design quality is a bit shoddy, the knees are gummy rubber and the left leg splays out a little below it; also, on mine, the armor around the ankles was folded around and stuck behind the foot, that sucked.

The biggest drawbacks on this figure are the deco, which has zero weathering unlike the prototype photo on the back; some of the sculpting could be sharper; the "beer belly" sculpt of the lower torso; and the shoulder-mounted minigun which I'll explain in greater detail.

The movie armor has a single gun mounted right behind the head on a multi-articulated little arm, Hasbro decided it couldn't do this (I don't really get why since it seems quite easy to do) and instead put 2 slide-back arms into the back just like on comic War Machine, only a little less subtle, and with an ugly ball-joint on each that keeps the gun held too high. Then they included a second version of the minigun that's significantly larger because it's a missile launcher, but it looks pretty lame when used and both missiles suck, I don't even get the flame missile with its metal and then bare red plastic some more. Finally, they included a rubbery silver ammo belt which plugs into the figure's back and either minigun, but it is an absolute pain in the *** to actually use as it just pops out of the guns, and when it finally stays in place it looks lousy since it sticks out too much.

There are some likable aspects to this figure, but it's hardly the keen home run of the comic figure. On its own aspects, it's a middle of the road figure for this line, but a welcome change from the 24 Iron Man armor figures we're suffering through on pegs.

defiant00
04-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Hopefully the MU Multiple Man figure will look just like the prototype Marvel Legends MM figure they did for the poll...

clone157
04-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Went to TRU today and saw a multi-pack that I hadn't heard of. It was a troop builder pack with a Hydra agent, SHIELD agent, and a white Hand Ninja. I am not collecting everything from this line and decided against this pack as they are not in my collecting scope. Also saw the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends pack there as well. Just FYI. And for those that like IM they had their exclusive 3-pack of repaints from the end of the last movie's concept series. $25

Phantom-like Menace
04-08-2010, 11:46 PM
I found new figures at TRU before I saw them anywhere else! I was able to grab Extremis Iron Man and Luke Cage. No sign of Black Widow, though. I'm really happy with how many 3 3/4" Iron Man armors we've gotten. I really want to get an armory together.

RooJay
04-09-2010, 04:15 AM
I bought Thor, Extremis Iron Man, and Luke Cage awhile back, but it's been a long time since and I've not seen any of that wave again. Hmm.

DarkArtist
04-09-2010, 09:36 AM
currently only interested in finding the Black Widow and Bucky figures... the rest don't really interest me.

defiant00
04-09-2010, 10:22 AM
My local WM had Extremis IM, Luke Cage, Bucky, and a couple others from the line a couple days ago...thought about getting Extremis, but I'm trying to contain my collecting to X-characters!

NerfTW
04-11-2010, 10:43 AM
From the recent Star Wars Q&A

CollectionStation.com: It's been 6 years since the last Luke Hoth Gear figure. While that was a nifty item for its time, its sculpt and articulation is specific to 1 part of the movie. Any chance of us getting an updated Luke Hoth, perhaps with a swappable likeness to represent before and after the Wampa attack? We know you usually would prefer to do this via a running change, but after the myriad of running-change-figure problems you had recently, that seems like a troubled route to take, especially with an important character such as this.

Hasbro: Because of the snafus we have had, there will be no more running changes. Period. Sad, but the hammer has come down on these. Now as for Luke, there is no updated version in the works just yet, but is a sure bet to be updated in the next few years.

Now, keeping in mind that this is a different department with different managers, I still can't help but wonder if the boilerplate response to the Marvel Q&A's about getting a list of the running changes might be due to a similar decision across the board for all Hasbro brands?

Does anyone think we might be seeing an end to the variants in the Marvel Universe line as well? Or at least seeing them upgraded to full figure slots with their own packaging art?

defiant00
04-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Well, isn't there a difference between a running change and a variant? To me a running change would be made for QC or other logistical reasons, and a variant is an intentional decision to drive collectors out of their skulls.

JediTricks
04-11-2010, 02:44 PM
There's not really a difference between a running change and a variant, a running change is a change in production progress, not release progress. I wish I had thought of this the other day in Q&A.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with any brand but Star Wars, as Star Wars is the brand that has suffered tremendous release problems due to running changes. GI Joe still does 'em, Transformers still does 'em, and I haven't seen anything saying Marvel will stop.

El Chuxter
04-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Wow, JT, the War Machine is that bad? I saw him this morning and thought he looked pretty sweet in the package. Guess I'll be passing on him.

JediTricks
04-11-2010, 09:25 PM
It depends on what you're looking for. No, it's not that bad, but it's also not as good as other figures in the line, that's why I called it "middle of the road" for this line. It falls a little short on the sharpness of the sculpt, of the way the shoulder weapon works, and the deco which it probably would have gotten away with had the prototype on the package back not shown how much of a missing element weathering was. And it really doesn't help that it's out at the same time in the same line as the much cooler comic version. For $7, if you can comfortably afford the cash at the time, it's not a bad buy, but it's not my top choice either.

DarkArtist
04-15-2010, 07:25 AM
finally found and bought Bucky and Black Widow last night in Walmart. also picked up a Luke Cage figure that I'm going to use as a base for a custom Mr. T.

JediTricks
04-16-2010, 02:26 PM
Huge word of warning, the neck post on comics Mark 1 Iron Man is pretty thin, it holds up to play but will quickly fail if you try to remove the helmet. I unfortunately found this out the hard way and now need a replacement Mark 1.

I also picked up 2 movie figures yesterday, IM Mark 2 and Mark 6.

Mark 2 is pretty good. The silver looks sharp, there are a few spots where mine ran into trouble (including paint-fused hip) but generally it gets away with it quite well. The masked a bunch of rivets and panel lines on, and the panel lines are much heavier than they were in the movie, and masks aren't always accurate so I have found a few misses, but for the most part it is on and looks pretty good. I like articulation here all around, but the shoulderpad design is a bit constricting even if they will pop off if pushed. The weapon is dopey junk. All in all, decent. If I were to change 1 thing, it'd be the right hand, it's a fist but since this costume is flight only, I would have made it another repulsor-firing opened hand.

Mark 6 is an odd duck. The design seems a little more feminine and a little more swoopy and overthought, shapes for the sake of being shapes are more common. It's also a little thinner and shorter than the Mark 2. The sculpt is overall pretty good, but it was very difficult finding a paint job that came even close to hitting the mark. There are several paint situations, gold paint not masking right especially at the stomach, gold paint wearing or pooling, red paint not matching other red paint (there is no way around this, it's on 100% of them, but be picky or you'll get pooling or pink to red mismatches), and black mouth paint getting masked wrong - I mostly defeated those. The figure's arms are shorter than Mark 2's, and the biceps are notably shorter which changes the dynamic. The biceps also have glued-on shoulder panels rather than removable, but they're flexible enough to not be as bad an issue. My biggest bone of contention with this figure is the helmet is forced looking downward by a craned neck post design, it can be countered by the triangular arc reactor area of the chest sticks out considerably, and there's no hope for flight poses. The hands are also a little too big for the scrawny forearms. Other than that, it's an ok figure but doesn't blow me away.

candyman951
04-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Marvel section up @ disneystore.com

dantes_inferno
04-16-2010, 11:05 PM
marvelousnews posted pics of wave 4 carded

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=13003

love winter soldier and skrull...im kinda disappointed with iron patriot, just doesnt seem perfect to me...but ill still pick on up im sure lol. the others im not sure about, i know ill be skipping mj, but may grab a wrecker

JediTricks
04-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the link.

Man is that Mary Jane awful. They use a buck body and just paint the lower half beige to simulate pants? And that head looks really bad at that angle. I can't get past that figure's shoddy quality.

So, I found a replacement for Comics Mk 1 Iron Man, several actually but almost all were painted with too much silver, mostly with too obvious of brush strokes. I ended up buying 2, and will return the one with the lesser paint. None were as good as my original though, and the replacement's helmet doesn't tilt down the way the old one's did. Oh well.

I also picked up Deep Dive Iron Man and found Mk 3 Iron Man finally.

Deep Dive IM I picked up because it looks big and menacing, I wanted another villain figure for the line - it's hard to believe they have 26 figures out on shelves now and only 2 villains, and 1 is unfindable. Deep Dive here isn't really that much bigger than the other figures in the line, but he's got more bulk and his design and coloring are quite different from anything else. His shoulders are too high to have arms in them, but that's why it's pretend. The knees look really odd when used due to the thigh sculpt and the thinness of the joint. Articulation is decent for the line, even the head moves, but the knees are a tad bendy which can be a problem at times. One of the shoulder joints is painted to match the rest, while the other is not. Both hip joints were frozen due to paint, I was able to break the paint lock just before the joints failed, but this was really close. All in all, middle of the road, some issues but some charm.

MK 3 IM the TRU I was at had 5 of these, so I had my pick, or so I thought. Turned out 4 out of 5 had damaged paint on the helmet, and all 5 had problems on the body and arms and thighs. The one I got actually looked pretty bad in package but the head was good, turned out I got a little lucky and some of the damage was on parts that were meant to be facing the other way like forearms and just needed to be rotated around, so the gold paint is still bad but not as noticeable since it's facing backwards. The figure is 100% the same sculpt as the Mk 2 (no surprise) but the paint isn't anywhere near as striking as that silver one, surprisingly. The lack of painted panel lines makes a huge difference, and then the need for gold paint on only some areas causes a cheapness as the gold pools into sculpted areas. Also, the arc reactor in the chest is painted thinly on all the Mk 3s so it's pink and blue rather than white and blue, this looks worse and also makes it look notably smaller than on the Mk 2. The wrist joints on the Mk 3 also seem to let the hands come out pretty easily, which isn't as big a prob on the other figures (except the Mk 6 but that may be because of how much bigger the hands are than the forearms). Finally, the Mk 3 has the problem of some red not matching other red, this is a big deal in my eyes. All in all, another middle of the road figure for the line, not a disaster and some good parts, good sculpt and such, but not the home run of some of the others.

BTW, Target has movie Mk 4, Mk 6, and War Machine figures in special tube packaging standing on a light-up arc reactor base for $13. If the base had made noise, I could maybe see this working, but it just fades on blue LED and then fades off, it's a bit bland, and the figures don't look special since 2 of them are flooding pegs right now.

NerfTW
04-18-2010, 12:02 PM
That wave looks incredible. I hope the Spider-man's arms are poseable. And easy to remove so I can make it comic accurate.

Mary Jane is a bit of a let down. I was hoping for a new sculpt, at least for her jeans. Still very nice though.

Definitely going to get multiple skrulls. I need at least three on Thing and two more for Torch and a future Invisible Woman to take on. Well, if I had a Torch figure, that is.

Winter Soldier looks great, and now that they have a bionic arm sculpt, could Cable be far behind?

DarkArtist
04-20-2010, 02:55 PM
I'd get Skrull Warrior, Iron Spider and maybe Winter Solider....

Mary Jane looks horrible :shocked::shocked::shocked:which is a bummer cause i was looking to get a decent plain Female action figure for custom work. hopefully this is only a test shot and the final figure is a major improvement.

kidcage
04-21-2010, 06:01 PM
I like the wave, but it doesn't pop out to me right off the bat. It's more like a subtle "Yeah, that's kinda cool" when I look at it. I like the Wrecker (and Wrecking Crew), so he's definitely going to be the first one I look for. And while I agree with some of the criticism shown to the Mary Jane figure, after looking at another shot of the Winter Soldier figure, I think he seems to be the weakest of the lot. The Skrull warrior will be nice for army building, Iron Patriot for the Dark Avengers and Iron Suit Spidey as a Stand-In for the Initiative's Scarlet Spider. All-in all, another wave I'll be picking up, but I don't know if I'm completely blown away by it.

The Captain
04-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Right now, after getting Thor, I'm satisfied with what I want on my "must have list." Mary Jane looks awful. Maybe I'll go for Winter Soldier. But I'm not going to be hunting the aisles like I have been doing. :cry:

JediTricks
04-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Winter Soldier is your worst, kidcage? I am not seeing it, it's not perfect but I compare it to something like The Punisher figure where it was like crap on a plate, and this seems alright. MJ just looks like a cheap piece of junk though.

clone157
04-22-2010, 11:59 PM
I think I will pick up Iron Pat and Spider, more fodder for the Hall of Armor.

kidcage
04-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Winter Soldier is your worst, kidcage? I am not seeing it, it's not perfect but I compare it to something like The Punisher figure where it was like crap on a plate, and this seems alright. MJ just looks like a cheap piece of junk though.

I don't think it's a bad figure in the span of the line (the first wave Punisher wasn't exactly awesome, lol), but in this wave it's in the bottom two with Mary Jane. I think the Skrull Soldier and Wrecker through really grow on me. Regardless, I'll be picking everyone up, lol. I guess when I first saw the Winter Soldier figure I was like "Really? Hmmm..." in how much it underwhelmed me when I really like the look of the character.

clone157
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't know if we should start a new thread for IM stuff, but thought I would ask here anyway. Has anyone found an Iron Man Mark III with a decent paint job? All the low numbered figures are starting to disappear down here so I want to pick him up before he's gone.

JediTricks
04-29-2010, 10:05 PM
For all you Iron Man line fans, Burbank TRU had 4 new figures, 27-31, Ditko Iron Man (same classic body, new helmet, looks weird because the face is so different), a regular comic-series Iron Man which I didn't quite recognize (both of these had no naming beyond "Iron Man" and "Comic Series"), Guardsman, and Titanium Man, which is different from the first movie Titanium Man. I bought Titanium Man, had to choose the best visor paint I could find, they were all a little off. Haven't opened him yet.

I don't think it's a bad figure in the span of the line (the first wave Punisher wasn't exactly awesome, lol), but in this wave it's in the bottom two with Mary Jane. I think the Skrull Soldier and Wrecker through really grow on me. Regardless, I'll be picking everyone up, lol. I guess when I first saw the Winter Soldier figure I was like "Really? Hmmm..." in how much it underwhelmed me when I really like the look of the character.I guess that one's a matter of taste. I am not seeing it personally, but within the wave it's subjective. As long as it's not as bad as that Punisher fig. ;)

I don't know if we should start a new thread for IM stuff, but thought I would ask here anyway. Has anyone found an Iron Man Mark III with a decent paint job? All the low numbered figures are starting to disappear down here so I want to pick him up before he's gone.Nothing here, I saw one today actually but the red mismatch was especially notable. I think that's an element you're going to have to suck it up on though, they all seem to be getting worse when it comes that. I didn't notice its finer detailing though.

JediTricks
04-30-2010, 04:31 AM
I opened up Titanium Man. He doesn't look all that big on card, but he's more than a head taller than Iron Man figs. Hasbro went a little cheap with this guy, simple paint (although his sole thrusters are painted, for once) and visible pins in the ball-hinge joints - a lot of them. The shoulders are also surrounded by giant shoulderpads which are glued down but definitely separate pieces, the arm range isn't hampered much because they're so big but he can't raise his arms past level. The elbow is a weird design, they put a rotation joint in just above the elbow so it looks like a double-hinge joint but it's not. The hips have less range of motion than other IM figs, same design but they only designed the hinge to rotate 1 way so it stops partway through, kind of limiting. The ankles are really loose ball-hinges, he has a hard time standing. It's based on this art: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/130943-59398-titanium-man_large.jpg
The right hand is a fist, and has a removable flame attachment which looks pretty cool, kinda Street Fighter-esque but fun none the less.

All in all, a slightly lower than average figure but not a bad choice, especially since this wave makes villains #3 and 4 for the line out of 31 figures (I know there are holes in the count right now, but eventually there will be 31 figures).

BTW, the prototype for this figure sported a hinged instead of ball-joint mid-torso, double-hinged elbows, swivel upper biceps, and the line's traditional hips. I guess he got costed down.

DarkArtist
04-30-2010, 10:43 AM
caught Ghost Rider last night on cable and got to thinking how cool it would be to see a deluxe Marvel Universe Ghost Rider with Ghost Cycle. I know the intial toy offers for Ghost Rider were not big hits at the stores with kids and all but the Marvel Universe platform might be an ideal place for a 3.75 Ghost Rider with Cycle. maybe as a comic pack or something. I for one would totally drop the $$ for this set.

other characters I would love to see get the 3.75 treatment:

Black Cat
Doc Oc
Venom
Carnage
Lizard
White Queen
Mystique
Shocker
KingPin
J. Jonah Jameson
Morbius
Peter Parker - just plain street clothes version
Blade - redone to look like Wesley Snipes
Professor X with both regular Wheel Chair and Hover Chair
and maybe versions of the X-Men in the movie outfits

Maradona
04-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Just saw a picture of Thor from the upcoming film:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44880

Can't wait for the figures from this film.

JediTricks
04-30-2010, 01:46 PM
What the heck, rubbery tunic and faux-metal sleeve?!? Maybe it'll work better on the big screen, but already that leaves me cold, like they totally missed the point of Thor.

Beast
05-01-2010, 09:36 AM
To be fair, the costume matches one of Thor's modern looks almost perfectly.

http://cdn.uncaged.com/marvel/mua2/images/blog/thor1.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3215/2888672007_dc1049c2f8_b.jpg

NerfTW
05-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Yeah, but the sleeves might have looked better as chain mail, and the tunic definitely looks rubbery instead of leather.

Hopefully it looks better on film.

bigbarada
05-01-2010, 02:29 PM
I was definitely hoping for something less modern looking with Thor's uniform.

Anyways, I FINALLY found the 1940s Captain America figure along with Bucky and the new Thor. I only bought Cap, though, because the two Thor figures I saw had crossed eyes and Bucky was just way too tall. He looks like a 25 year old, when he really should look like he's about 13 or 14 (based on the original comic artwork).

40s Captain America is my favorite figure in the line right now. He just looks awesome! :thumbsup:

Hunter119
05-02-2010, 06:44 AM
My Toys R Us FINALLY started stocking the new waves (X-Force Wolverine, an endless amount of Iron Man suits and Hand Ninjas were on the pegs for what has felt like an eternity)

I'd kinda thought I'd get out of collecting MU as I was disappointed with how loose the last few figures I got were (Warpath can't even be posed on his stand he is so loose, and Sunfire can only be posed if I sort of "lock" his knees). But after picking up WWII Cap, Bucky and Thor, I'm pretty happy. I may just keep going and get Black Widow, Extremis Iron Man and Luke Cage when I get my next pay check.

The Captain
05-02-2010, 07:44 AM
other characters I would love to see get the 3.75 treatment:

Black Cat
Doc Oc
Venom
Carnage
Lizard
White Queen
Mystique
Shocker
KingPin
J. Jonah Jameson
Morbius
Peter Parker - just plain street clothes version
Blade - redone to look like Wesley Snipes
Professor X with both regular Wheel Chair and Hover Chair
and maybe versions of the X-Men in the movie outfits

I thought I'd let you know that Venom is already availble. I've seen him at TRU, WalMart, and Target. He's in with Spiderman.

Phantom-like Menace
05-02-2010, 11:31 PM
I've been having some seriously bad luck with the latest wave. Several times now, I've gotten to stores after the figures have been put out and have only found the leftovers.

I've already gotten Iron Man and Luke Cage. All I want now is Black Widow.

JediTricks
05-03-2010, 03:21 PM
To be fair, the costume matches one of Thor's modern looks almost perfectly.

http://cdn.uncaged.com/marvel/mua2/images/blog/thor1.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3215/2888672007_dc1049c2f8_b.jpgFunny, none of that looks like rubber to me.

NerfTW
05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Loose images of Dark Phoenix/Cyclops and Dark Wolverine/Sinister Spider-man over at Marvelous News (http://www.marvelousnews.com/news.php?catid=20&itemid=13088).

Packaging is just a mockup. I really hope the Cyclops doesn't really include those ugly blue highlights. Also, not a fan of the Daken figure. Isn't he supposed to be much thinner than Logan?

Phoenix and Sinister Spider-man look awesome, though. Looks like the Sentry/Spider-man set is bumped back to a different wave. (with a Thanos pack maybe?)

kidcage
05-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Those do look pretty cool. The Cyclops figure is okay... Phoenix looks awesome. I do agree that Spidey/Venom is decent as well. Daken doesn't strike me as a bad figure, but I do pick up he would be a little thinner. Either way, these will go awesome with the Iron Patriot figure.

candyman951
05-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Pictures of the new wave are up on Hasbro.com. I cant tell if they are available to pre-order yet though. Site is kind of updated...

defiant00
05-11-2010, 05:56 PM
When is that new wave with Havok, Kitty, Colossus, and Archangel supposed to be out? I've been waiting for more X-Characters! Also, any new word on the comic cover boxed set?

NerfTW
05-12-2010, 10:08 AM
The wave should hit any day now. It has a release date of June. Then July for the next one.

I think there's another round of Marvel Q&As due back this weekend, and the San Diego Comic Con is July 22, where they would most likely reveal the set.

Also, still betting it's the X-men Blue team from Jim Lee's X-men #1. Exactly six figures, two of whom were on the rumor list last year. Plus the whole highest selling comic of all time part that fits the "highly priced" part of the rumor.

Or it could be Alpha Flight. If they leave out Guardian/Vindicator, they have the right amount. But Alpha Flight never really had a famous issue, did they?

Rocketboy
05-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Or it could be Alpha Flight. If they leave out Guardian/Vindicator, they have the right amount. But Alpha Flight never really had a famous issue, did they?They had that infamous issue where Northstar came out.

NerfTW
05-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Hmm, that could be it maybe. Here's the original comment by Beast about what was said at Toy Fair:

say it would be based on a very important (and highly priced) comic in Marvelís history.

Actually, now that I think of it, Marvel Comics #1 sold for the highest amount ever and had at least six characters in it. Human Torch, Namor, Kazaar, and Angel would be an easy repaint and cape. I suppose it depends on what they meant by "highly priced".

bigbarada
05-12-2010, 01:29 PM
Well, the phrase "very important... comic in Marvel's history" would probably disqualify Jim Lee's X-Men #1. Especially since it introduced no new, memorable characters to the Marvel Universe.

Comic books featuring a group of characters that would qualify as "very important" and "highly priced" (assuming that this is a reference to secondary market value not sales numbers), would be:
Fantastic Four #1 (1962)
Amazing Spider-Man #1 (1962 - the Fantastic Four do make a guest appearance)
X-Men #1 (1963)
Avengers #1 (1963)
Giant-Sized X-Men #1

However, adjusting for inflation and compensating for the number of issues printed, I'm sure that most of these comics would rival the sales of X-Men #1 from 1991. Although, it could also be argued that Jim Lee's version only sold so many copies because of the whole variant cover gimmick.

I just refuse to believe that Jim Lee's "flash in the pan" version of the X-Men is any more relevant to comic books as a whole than Miley Cyrus is to music as a whole.

defiant00
05-12-2010, 04:29 PM
I think calling that cover a "flash in the pan" is a little bit melodramatic. Even though Jim Lee's X-Men #1 didn't introduce any new characters, it is one of the most iconic covers in comic history, and it represents the way an entire generation of people envision the X-Men. Why do you think the 90's cartoon series was based on his artwork, not the costumes and look from the 60's, 70's, or 80's?

bigbarada
05-12-2010, 05:01 PM
I think calling that cover a "flash in the pan" is a little bit melodramatic.

Which cover? Weren't there like 4 of them?

defiant00
05-12-2010, 05:11 PM
I guess another question is, if it is that cover that gets used, which figures would be in the boxed set? There were actually 12 characters on the cover if you look at the gatefold fully opened - Jean, Colossus, Archangel, Wolverine (all of which have already been done), Magneto, Professor X, Psylocke, Gambit, Rogue, Beast, Cyclops, and Storm. I guess if they only did new figures, and left out Magneto and Professor X, that could work...

El Chuxter
05-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Five. Four partial covers, and one gatefold with the full image.

It's an iconic cover, but, yeah, a pretty unremarkable issue.

defiant00
05-12-2010, 05:15 PM
It's an iconic cover, but, yeah, a pretty unremarkable issue.
No argument there, but that style of artwork was a game-changer in comics.

El Chuxter
05-12-2010, 05:40 PM
I agree 110% on the artwork, but, really, can anyone give a synopsis of the 3-part arc from X-Men 1-3, or even just the first issue, without actually looking at it?

Okay, anyone other than Beast? :D

NerfTW
05-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Magneto attacks a nuclear submarine, the Blue team attacks him, he gets miffed, makes a space station with acolytes, finds out Moira messed with his genes to make him "good", used the process on the blue team, the gold team goes to rescue them, they find out that the process ends when the subject uses their powers, so in the battle everyone makes one shot and recovers. Also, Fabian Corez has been tricking Magneto. He hasn't been healing the wound caused by Wolverine, but simply increasing his powers, so Magneto almost dies. Then they all go home to go after Fabian Cortez....

Except then they switched writers and ignored that completely.

And to answer the question about what characters, obviously the blue team (Cyclops, Beast, Wolverine, Gambit, Psylocke, Rogue), since they were the focus of the X-men series. Gold team (Storm, Archangel, Iceman, Colossus, Jean Grey, and later Bishop) was in Uncanny X-men.

And from the rumor list last year, there's already Cyclops and Beast, Wolverine is an easy repaint, Psylocke is basically the same female body they've been too cheap to update, Rogue is practically a repaint of the mowhawk Storm, and, uh, Gambit.

bigbarada
05-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Except then they switched writers and ignored that completely.

That's exactly my point when I say that the comic book is ultimately irrelevant to Marvel comics history. Especially considering that the current X-Men Forever and X-Factor Forever comics pick up where Chris Claremont and Louise Simonson left off in 1991, as if the Jim Lee comic never even happened.

bigbarada
05-12-2010, 09:23 PM
However, regardless of how "unworthy" I consider Jim Lee's version of the X-Men to be, if this set gives us a really well done blue-n-furry Beast action figure, then I won't be complaining.

defiant00
05-12-2010, 10:12 PM
I'd really like to see a MU treatment of Jim Lee's version of Gambit. Then again, I guess almost anything would be better that the XMO version of Gambit. Awful...

El Chuxter
05-12-2010, 10:21 PM
I'd love them to do all the X-Men circa X-Men #1. Those I might actually buy. Ape beast, Cyclops with the bandolier, Gambit with purple armor, Archangel with the metal wings, Rogue with the leather coat, Jean with whatever-that-was on her head. For me, and I think most people who watched the show (even if it wasn't their primary contact with the X-Men), those outfits are the most iconic... except maybe for mohawk Storm.

NerfTW
05-13-2010, 12:55 PM
except maybe for mohawk Storm.

Storm didn't have a mowhawk in X-men #1. She got rid of that years earlier when she was turned into a child for a while. Unless you meant that version is more iconic than her ugly white jumpsuit version.

If they do that pack, we'd have almost everyone from the combined team, if you leave out the four unassigned members. (Forge, Banshee, Jubilee, Xavier)

The ones we have are:
Jean Grey (most will argue this one's bad)
Archangel
Colossus (Slight errors on the costume, I believe. The boots are wrong)
Ice man (Wolverine Origins figure, snowy cartoon ice man as well)

Wolverine (Both Origins and the comic packs)

The ones left are:
Cylcops and Beast (rumored last year)
Gambit (That origins one is terrible)
Psylocke (Easy repaint with new head, although I wouldn't mind a new female body)
Rogue (Mohawk Storm is exactly Rogue's outfit, right down to the belt.)

Bishop (Variants, please!)
Storm (A non mohawk version would be nice, and an original black outfit too!)

Jubilee
Professor X
Banshee
Forge

El Chuxter
05-13-2010, 01:07 PM
I know she didn't have a mohawk in X-Men #1. I meant Storm was the only one who had a look that could be more iconic than her X-Men #1 look with that particular generation; in this case, her early-mid 80s mohawk look.

defiant00
05-13-2010, 01:57 PM
I was never really a fan of that look for Storm, although that one has been done, in the comic pack with Nightcrawler...

JediTricks
05-13-2010, 06:04 PM
We have more than enough figures from that cover. That cover was basically the genesis for the whole run of the original Toy Biz line (before they changed to the 6" format with Marvel Legends/Spider-man Classics). :p

$4 cover 20 years ago, geez. No wonder I dropped the hobby back in the day.

El Chuxter
05-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Well, the "basic" edition was $1.50 IIRC, and it was one of the pricier titles. I think later issues were $1 at first. The $3.95 was the "deluxe" edition on nicer paper, with the gatefold cover and a few pin-ups, or something.

Not to worry: at Comic-Con, I'm sure you could get several dozen for a quarter. It was the highest print run of any comic ever, due to a combination of speculation and the extra variant covers.

defiant00
05-13-2010, 07:59 PM
That cover was basically the genesis for the whole run of the original Toy Biz line

You're not seriously comparing the MU line to the POS sculpts of the Toy Biz line in the 90's, are you?!?

RooJay
05-14-2010, 05:42 AM
I'm confused - would X-Men number count as "highly priced" due to the outrageous cost on the deluxe edition? The book really wouldn't fit otherwise - that issue is practically worthless now. In fact, X-Men number pretty much fits none of the criteria we're looking at here, other than that it features a large number of characters.

defiant00
05-15-2010, 01:42 PM
To this day, Jim Lee's X-Men #1 is the best selling comic book in history.

JediTricks
05-15-2010, 03:26 PM
To this day, Jim Lee's X-Men #1 is the best selling comic book in history.
That's based on sales to retailers, not to consumers.

There's an ebay auction with all 5 cover variants for a buck more than the cover price on the fold-out version (that's $4.95). :p It also confirmed the standard cover price was $1.50.

HAW! Even better, a SIGNED copy is going for 99 cents with less than 2 days to go. I guess all that comic speculating has paid off in spades, your poor little Billy now has to go to community college and shovel mountains of worthless comics out of your closet when you move into the old folks home. ;)

defiant00
05-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Very true, but by using the sales to retailers stats, Hasbro can say that the boxed set is based on the best selling book ever.

bigbarada
05-15-2010, 06:14 PM
Very true, but by using the sales to retailers stats, Hasbro can say that the boxed set is based on the best selling book ever.

Well, if Hasbro wanted to do that, then they should have said "best selling" or "most retail sales" or even "most pointless waste of paper... ever."

However, they said "highly priced" and that just doesn't fit Jim Lee's X-Men #1 under any circumstances.

clone157
05-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Does anyone know of a website that has a round-up of the Marvel Q&A? I don't even know some of the contributing websites.

Phantom-like Menace
05-17-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't believe it. I missed Black Widow again! I almost never have this much trouble finding figures, and when I do, it's never so frustratingly close. I think I have missed these by a day at best four separate times, and one of those times it was at a store I had checked every day except that one day.

If this Universe figure continues to prove difficult to find, I hope the Iron Man II Widow figure is easier to find than this one.

defiant00
05-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Is there going to be an Iron Man II Widow Figure? I hope so, along with a Nick Fury figure...

NerfTW
05-17-2010, 11:17 AM
There was a leaked image of Whiplash, Black Widow, and Fury from the Iron Man II line a few months ago. Haven't seen anything since. Except Whiplash pictures.

FYI, the X-men wave is up on HasbroToyShop as "coming soon", so I'd keep checking back for when they go up for pre-order.

They're up for pre-order now. Use FREESHIP20 for free shipping and 20% off through May 23rd. I saved $20 on that one. :D

And ComicFigs.net claims that it knows of a classic Havok (very awesome!) and Archangel Death variant (the gold skull mask, presumably), but has no pictures.

Also, the only really good MU news I've seen from Q&A's is that there is going to be a new female body, so yay! I haven't found any sites with a full roundup, I just google it and click around.

edit- Wow, they're already out of stock. I hope my order got through okay. I spotted them within minutes of going up, and it's only been about half an hour. Wowzers.

bigbarada
05-17-2010, 03:41 PM
I just watched Iron Man 2 a couple of days ago and now I'm wondering if Hasbro plans to make any of those Hammer Drones. I might actually army build some of those.

Phantom-like Menace
05-17-2010, 06:22 PM
Up for preorder and sold out in minutes. It gets frustrating from time to time to hear Hasbro go on and on about how things don't sell or sell poorly when demand seems greater than supply and they can't seem to meet that demand.

NerfTW
05-17-2010, 08:41 PM
Up for preorder and sold out in minutes. It gets frustrating from time to time to hear Hasbro go on and on about how things don't sell or sell poorly when demand seems greater than supply and they can't seem to meet that demand.

They haven't said that at all about the Marvel Universe line. They've been saying the exact opposite since the first wave, that demand is constantly outpacing supply.

You can't compare one line doing well with a statement about a different line.

Phantom-like Menace
05-17-2010, 11:30 PM
It wasn't really directed at Marvel Universe in particular but just a blanket statement.

dantes_inferno
05-24-2010, 09:04 PM
HTS had their second preorders up today, I managed to grab a juggernaut, colossus, havok and archangel

Phantom-like Menace
05-24-2010, 11:44 PM
They still had Juggernaut and Colossus. I'm sure they'll end up being the pegwarmers, but at least I can rest fairly assured I won't have to fruitlessly search creation for them.

figrin bran
05-25-2010, 12:05 AM
They still had Juggernaut and Colossus. I'm sure they'll end up being the pegwarmers, but at least I can rest fairly assured I won't have to fruitlessly search creation for them.

I ordered Juggernaut and Colossus as well. My hope for newer waves of MU is TRU but they're clogged with Luke Cages so I don't want to take chances with this wave.

DarkArtist
05-25-2010, 10:28 AM
i found the mother load of Black Widows this weekend. was camping in Vineland NJ and had to stop by the local Walmart for some supplies and decided to check out there toy aisles.... one end cap was filled with Marvel Universe and about 10 pegs were nothing but Black Widows about 10 deep on each peg, the rest of the pegs were Luke Cage about 50 or so, Thor was about 50 or so and Bucky was the other 100 or so figures. was tempted to pick up a couple for some customizing but didn't have the necessary funds on hand.

Phantom-like Menace
05-25-2010, 11:10 PM
i found the mother load of Black Widows this weekend. was camping in Vineland NJ and had to stop by the local Walmart for some supplies and decided to check out there toy aisles.... one end cap was filled with Marvel Universe and about 10 pegs were nothing but Black Widows about 10 deep on each peg, the rest of the pegs were Luke Cage about 50 or so, Thor was about 50 or so and Bucky was the other 100 or so figures. was tempted to pick up a couple for some customizing but didn't have the necessary funds on hand.

I want to cry. So that's where all the damned Black Widows are, the Garden State. I don't think there are that many MU figures on the pegs in my entire city.

The Captain
05-25-2010, 11:45 PM
My city has three Wal-marts. Everyone of them took out all their Marvel Universe figures. I can only guess they wanted to make room for the Iron man figures.

DarkArtist
05-26-2010, 10:53 AM
I want to cry. So that's where all the damned Black Widows are, the Garden State. I don't think there are that many MU figures on the pegs in my entire city.

sorry, but the Garden State has flukes. the Walmart by me in Old Bridge still has the same figures on the pegs since last year. I think the might still have the first release of Wolverine and Punisher on the pegs.

some of the other Walmarts have some recent figures (couple of Luke Cage and Iron Man) but it's rare to find new ones. I think there are even some stores that have nothing but the Hand Ninja.

i was shocked by the abundance of Black Widow. this is perhaps one of my favorites of the line and if I had the cash I would have bought 5 or so for custom work. the body lends itself for some characters like Mystique, Rogue, Black Cat etc.

Phantom-like Menace
05-27-2010, 06:04 AM
Hasbrotoyshop has Guardsman, Hulkbuster Iron Man, Neo-classical Iron Man, Ditko Iron Man, and Titanium Man right now.

I got Guardsman, Hulkbuster, and Titanium Man. I'm hoping I can find the other two Iron Man figures and at least one more Guardsman in town at some point in the future.

Is there going to be an Iron Man II Widow Figure? I hope so, along with a Nick Fury figure...

I read here (http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/05/afp-hasbro-marvel-qa-roundup-for-52610) that apparently Black Widow and Nick Fury are coming out in the fall with an unmasked series of Iron Man figures.

Beast
05-27-2010, 12:28 PM
Here's the first pic of Marvel Universe Wave 10 from Diamond Previews.

Multiple Man, Team-X Wolverine, Captain Britain, Mystique, and Ghost Rider.

NerfTW
05-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Oh wow, those look awesome. And classic outfits for Madrox and Captain Britain. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

So who else is grabbing multiple Multiple Mans?

defiant00
05-27-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm not too thrilled with that Multiple Man. I really thought they'd do a 3 3/4" version of the Legends MM prototype. I guess I'll have to start work on a custom. I'll still probably end up army building them, though! Mystique looks awesome. Oh, well, hopefully the Legends version will see the light of day eventually...

El Chuxter
05-27-2010, 12:58 PM
So who else is grabbing multiple Multiple Mans?

Here's a hint: I'd expect him to be really tough to find.

I might be wrong, but that's the first Ghost Rider in the line, isn't it? Hopefully not the last; unless I just can't see the pic well, that looks like the less discofied Blaze costume. I'd personally rather have Dan Ketch first (preferably with the bike--what good is GR without his chopper?), then Disco Blaze (again with bike), then Vengeance (with... you guessed it), and then the modern Blaze. And, maybe after they've made every other possible character from any Ghost Rider comic ever, including both versions of Steel Wind, they can release that snigtarded "Noble Kale" Ghost Rider with the silly red getup, and who cares if he has his bike because at that point the line is dead anyway.

I can see their logic with releasing this version first, though. I can't see the logic of leaving out the bike.

NerfTW
05-27-2010, 01:04 PM
My guess on Ghost Rider is that they released the simple, non fancy jacket version as a single card, because it's just a new head on the AIM soldier body. One of the more detailed versions will probably be sold with the bike in some sort of vehicle pack.

They can't fit the bike in the single figure price point, and you know they're going to want to reuse the head if they can. It would make for a good part of a small vehicle assortment. Ghostrider's bike, the small Quinjet thingie Hawkeye is show riding a lot, a Pegasus for Moonstar or Valkyrie, and maybe another one of the Ghostrider's bikes or Vengeance. Or Lockjaw and Crystal.

kidcage
05-27-2010, 03:31 PM
The multiple man's okay... the umpteenth Wolverine I'm not too fond of, but Capt. Britain is a really cool looking figure, along with Mystique.

I guess the thing about Ghost Rider that gets me excited is it means we're closer to getting a complete "Champions" team, lol. Iceman, Black Widow, and Ghost Rider (w/ technically Archangel, but I'd rather have an oldschool Angel). Now all we need is Hercules.

Phantom-like Menace
05-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Got Kitty, Havok, and Archangel today. Colossus and Juggernaut are in the mail.

Archangel is very cool, and I can't wait for Colossus to arrive for an X-Man picture. Colossus--I saw all of them on the pegs but left the ones I didn't want and the ones I was getting in the mail--looks big and imposing unlike the Wolverine Origins figure no one ever found.

defiant00
05-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Got Kitty, Havok, and Archangel today. Colossus and Juggernaut are in the mail.

Archangel is very cool, and I can't wait for Colossus to arrive for an X-Man picture. Colossus--I saw all of them on the pegs but left the ones I didn't want and the ones I was getting in the mail--looks big and imposing unlike the Wolverine Origins figure no one ever found.

Where'd you find them? Did you get them in a store, or did you order them?

Phantom-like Menace
05-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Where'd you find them? Did you get them in a store, or did you order them?

They were at KMart. I went in hoping for Black Widow or the newer Iron Man figures. Found those instead. They had at least two of each when I was there.

defiant00
05-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Still nothing in S FL...

Phantom-like Menace
05-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Still nothing in S FL...

I know next to nothing about KMart's distribution, but I'm in Pensacola, so hopefully that means you'll be getting lucky with these figures soon.

defiant00
05-30-2010, 11:13 AM
I checked the only K Mart near me after reading your post, but they didn't have any MU figs out at all...maybe they're waiting for the new wave to put them out...

Stevolittle423
06-01-2010, 06:46 PM

I think I found the figures that will be in the 6 pack with the famous comic cover. These are on E-Bay from Hong Kong.

NerfTW
06-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Dammit, I really wanted Rogue, Beast, and Gambit.

Now I'll need to get four repaints to get Thunderbird and Storm.

DarkArtist
06-02-2010, 01:45 PM
loving Mystique and Ghost Rider. definately getting these 2. the others i can pass on.

really hoping that Hasbro gives us a vehicle set for the Ghost Rider figure. I need his bike to be released. it's not the same without the motorcycle

Beast
06-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Here's some bigger pics of the Giant Size X-Men #1 figures.

Also, a classic variant for Havok and Iron Man 2020. Cool stuff. :)

kidcage
06-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I have to say I'm slightly disappointed in what the six pack is going to be of. While the Storm does look cool, none really strike me as "needs." However, the old-school Havok is definitely a figure I'm going to try and keep an eye out for.

But as of right now, Mesa AZ doesn't have any of the newest wave, so I'll have to keep an eye out for anything.

clone157
06-02-2010, 08:29 PM
I hope they paint Storm's feet! It seems that Hasbro is picking up where Toy Biz left off in recreating the cover to Classic X-men #1.

Beast
06-02-2010, 08:50 PM
It's probably an early prototype, but Storm did go barefoot often back then. :)

It's a shame they didn't include Banshee though. But maybe he's coming in a future wave.

NerfTW
06-03-2010, 08:51 AM
I hope they paint Storm's feet! It seems that Hasbro is picking up where Toy Biz left off in recreating the cover to Classic X-men #1.

Do you mean Giant Size X-men?
edit- Oh, I just looked it up, you meant Classic X-men the reprint series, which had everyone instead of Giant Size X-men that had the non-hairy Beast and was missing Havok, Polaris, Banshee, and Sunfire. I get it now. :P

Toy Biz did actually come out with an awesome six pack in a flip up box, leaving out Wolverine and Cyclops, who were both available at the time on single card.

They also did ones for Avengers #1 and Uncanny X-men #1 that were extremely well done and had everyone.

buddyfingers
06-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Do you mean Giant Size X-men?
edit- Oh, I just looked it up, you meant Classic X-men the reprint series, which had everyone instead of Giant Size X-men that had the non-hairy Beast and was missing Havok, Polaris, Banshee, and Sunfire. I get it now. :P

Toy Biz did actually come out with an awesome six pack in a flip up box, leaving out Wolverine and Cyclops, who were both available at the time on single card.

They also did ones for Avengers #1 and Uncanny X-men #1 that were extremely well done and had everyone.

I never got the giant size #1 but I still have the avengers and x-men #1

I did want to say that when I first got here I was ****ed about the "wolverine origins colossus" figure because it was too short. He was a midget compared to blob and some others. This past weekend a friend got the new one from the marvel universe 3 3/4 inch line and he was finally made correctly. I think some other people agreed that he was made too short before. He looks good too, the only thing it's missing is the yellow upwards points on the boots.

Beast
06-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Well, it's not missing it... that's the modern Colossus. He doesn't have the yellow boot tops.

defiant00
06-03-2010, 07:26 PM
I was really hoping for the Jim Lee X-Men #1 boxed set...hopefully they'll do them as single figures...

figrin bran
06-03-2010, 09:53 PM
I received IM2 Hulkbuster and Titanium Man in the mail from HTS today! Both are outstanding figures with Hulkbuster possibly being my favorite in this line.

jedimastergeorge06
06-04-2010, 03:52 PM
If any one is out and about and you see the newest marvel universe figures..i am looking for juggernaut, havoc, archangle, colossuss. Ill buy them from you or do a trade...i have some good figures to trade too.

I still have the star wars jaina solo and jacen solo figures and the dark trooper phase 1 and the cloud city guard to trade and other figures too.

NerfTW
06-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Hoo boy. Over at Toyark there's a whole slew of prototypes and figures leaked.

There's a full picture of Thanos. He has the Infinity Gauntlet. Some large shots of Ghost Rider, Captain Britan, and Team X Wolverine who looks like a repainted Wolverine Origins figure.

And in some nebulous future wave, Yellowjacket with a mini Ant-man!

Beast
06-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Ok, Thanos is awesome. Looks like they reused the Juggernaut body which makes sense.

Yellowjacket w/ Ant-Man is great though. Hopefully we get a full size Wasp soon though.

figrin bran
06-05-2010, 12:53 AM
I got shipping notice from HTS for Colossus and Juggernaut so I should have those in hand next week.

kidcage
06-06-2010, 10:33 AM
The Thanos figure will definitely be awesome, and seeing a Yellowjacket figure with a mini-Ant Man made me smile. Just the idea of having a mini Ant Man and Wasp figure hanging off the Goliath figure just has awesomeness written all over it.

I'm really interested to see when those figures hits a wave, hopefully sometime soon this year. Now if we could have a nice Adam Warlock figure.

I have to say, this toyline has seriously gotten me into collecting again. I figure over time I'm going to need something more than just the three bookcase shelves they're sitting on, but for the time being, it's an awesome thing to have looking over my comic collection.

NerfTW
06-06-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm so hoping Thanos is in a comic pack with Adam Warlock.

As for storage, I have four of the cheap $15 bookcases from Target lined up on one wall holding my figures.

I got a new camera last week and took this shot of my classic X-men figures. Spent the rest of the night learning about filters in GIMP, so I didn't get around to others. At some point I'm going to put together some city street dioramas to take shots in.

Beast
06-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Looks like Thanos, Iron Man 2020, and Yellowjacket will be in Wave 11.

At least according to Past Generation Toys. Which lists Wave 11 as....

Constrictor
Hawkeye (Dark Avengers)
Iron Man 2020
Thanos
Yellow Jacket with Mini Antman

And here's pics of Constrictor as well a variant for Archangel as the Horseman Death. :D

http://www.pastgenerationtoys.com/category/975_preorder_items.500_marvel_universe/

NerfTW
06-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Hmm, the Archangel I got did not come with that retracted wings attachment, and there doesn't appear to be space on the blister for his full wings. Looks like the Death variant also has variant wings.

kidcage
06-08-2010, 02:40 PM
If that's what Wave 11 will be, that'll be a pretty awesome wave. Another Iron Man variant isn't exactly lighting any fires (I know Iron Man, Wolverine, and Spider-Man are sellers, but we're 11 waves in and have about 14 Iron Man/Spider-Man/Wolverines on the market.)

Constrictor I've liked since Avengers: Initiative so this is a cool addition. Thanos will be a definite buy, along with Yellowjacket. I want to see what the DA Hawkeye looks like though. I'm happy to see the DA starting to get figs. Just means I'll be looking forward to an announcement of an Ares figure.

NerfTW
06-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Toyark has pictures of him as well. This Ebay seller must have scored a motherload somewhere.

He seems to have more of an evil sneer, so it's not just a straight repaint. (Well, that and the left arm is different)

kidcage
06-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Wow, looks pretty decent. I think the only thing I'd change is maybe a bit of a darker paint, since in most of the comics it seemed like the Bullseye-Hawkeye seemed to have a darker costume. Then again, maybe it's just how the photo's shot that makes me think it's lighter.

Great finds, as it looks like this line keeps getting better.

defiant00
06-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Well, Hasbro did say that they'd be completing a team this year, I just didn't think it'd be a team that only was created within the last year or so...

kidcage
06-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I remember them saying that too, but they'll really have the opportunity to finish off a few teams:

Wrecking Crew (completed with Wrecker coming out)
Fantastic Four (all we need is Invisible Woman)
Dark Avengers (if they continue to add to this team)
and for fun, Champions (if they do Hercules and we count Archangel as a substitute to Angel)

NerfTW
06-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Depending on the era, they only need Rogue to finish the X-men during the storyline where Storm first got her punk look (Wolverine's wedding). At least, I think Shadowcat was in that blue and yellow student outfit at the time.

The Avengers team from the issue packed with Goliath is completed.

AlecEiffel
06-09-2010, 01:06 PM
This line keeps getting better and better...and I can't find the figures anywhere. The newest one I've seen is House of M Spider-Man and that maskless Wolverine.

dantes_inferno
06-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Possibly the next wave of comic 2-packs

http://www.toyark.com/news/marvel-toy-news-4/possible-marvel-universe-civil-war-comic-pack-preorders-2854/

As for my own personal stuff, my HTS order came in, I LOVE the new wave, colossus and juggernaut are my fav, but havok and archangel are awesome, I also picked up a nightcrawler/storm secret wars pack this morning at toysrus.

Phantom-like Menace
06-09-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm definitely down for Sentry. If the Wolverine is Astonishing, I'll probably pick it up. Iron Man's got to be a new armor for me to worry about though. The Ditko horned Iron Man and stealth versions are the only repaints I'll get unless they come with other new figures like the upcoming repaint War Machine that comes with the drones.

RooJay
06-10-2010, 02:42 AM
This line seems like it's becoming harder to find at retail than DCU Classics. I still have yet to see any hint of the latest Secret Wars 2-packs wave anywhere.

kidcage
06-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that too. I've seen the fourth wave of Secret Wars figures once, when I grabbed them. They only had ONE of each pack, so either I got the last ones or they weren't stocked well.

In terms of the current X-Heavy singles line, I've been to four Wal-Marts, two targets, and a Toys R Us and have come up with nothing. Not even the new Iron Man 2 comic figs (Guardsmen & Titanium Man) have hit anywhere yet. The Wal-Mart that had the entire last singles line weeks before anyone else had it even was bared down to a few Luke Cages, a House of M Spidey, and a Modern Thor.

I'm getting a bit nervous, lol.

Phantom-like Menace
06-10-2010, 11:27 PM
In terms of the current X-Heavy singles line, I've been to four Wal-Marts, two targets, and a Toys R Us and have come up with nothing.

I'm only aware of two reports of finding these at retail in the entire country. One guy was in--if I recall correctly--New York and the other, of all people, was me. I found them at KMart here in Pensacola. No clue why anyone in the East found these before the West, and certainly no clue why my city was one of them. Everyone else I've heard of having them got them online. I don't even count these as really having hit retail yet.

kidcage
06-22-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm only aware of two reports of finding these at retail in the entire country. One guy was in--if I recall correctly--New York and the other, of all people, was me. I found them at KMart here in Pensacola. No clue why anyone in the East found these before the West, and certainly no clue why my city was one of them. Everyone else I've heard of having them got them online. I don't even count these as really having hit retail yet.

Yeah, I've still been searching, went to three wal-marts this morning and still striking out. I did find the new wave of comic series Iron Man 2 figs (Guardsman and Titanium Man were the two I wanted and found 'em), so I'm hoping the MU isn't too far away.

Phantom-like Menace
06-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Yeah, the comic wave 2 has hit big in a lot of places. One of my Wal-Marts was lousy with them a couple of days ago.

As far as the Kity/Colossus/Archangel/etc. wave of MU, more retail sightings are trickling in. You might try FYE as I hear a lot of people are finding them there. Good hunting.

kidcage
06-23-2010, 09:28 AM
I didn't think of checkign FYE (there are only really two within a decent driving distance), I'll have to look.

I figure they'll probably be hitting here in a few weeks, and if worse comes to worse there's always online, but there's something about the thrill of the hunt.

Phantom-like Menace
06-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Krogers and related chains have been putting them out as well.

defiant00
06-23-2010, 02:05 PM
My local comic shop is still waiting for them, but I guess Diamond can be slower than other retailers...

bluesuntrader
06-27-2010, 09:44 PM
AHH! where the shart are these dam new figs... its all old crap, nothing new...help me obi wan ken obi....

NerfTW
06-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Entertainment Earth just revealed the next wave of Spider-man figures (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HMV93570D), including a fully articulated Ben Reilly Spider-man and a really nice looking fully articulated Carnage.

Rocketboy
06-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Entertainment Earth just revealed the next wave of Spider-man figures (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HMV93570D), including a fully articulated Ben Reilly Spider-man and a really nice looking fully articulated Carnage.FINALLY! Scuba Spidey!

clone157
06-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Just saw some remnants of the second wave of IM comic series. Also saw a movie Whiplash and Stealth MK III at a different Walmart. As I don't see a thread for the larger figures, I guess I will ask this question here: Has anyone seen the 6-inch Mark V armour? I see the Mark VI here and there, heck even War Machine turns up every once in a while, but I have not seen Mark V anywhere.

dantes_inferno
06-30-2010, 03:24 AM
You saw whiplash?? I've been hunting for him T.T

I saw one at a target near here, but it looked like someone tried to steal it

NerfTW
06-30-2010, 08:41 AM
Well, looks like HTS is only doing cases now. The Iron Patriot/Wrecker/Skrull wave is up now. Looks like I need to go back to actually hunting for the figures in each wave.

Bummer.

Phantom-like Menace
06-30-2010, 09:05 AM
If they have stopped doing these figures in singles, that's a sure way to keep me from buying them. I'd rather pay extra money elsewhere than get several figures I have no need for, especially given the repacks that I couldn't give away.

DarkArtist
07-09-2010, 07:42 AM
is anyone still finding Black Widow's on the pegs... was thinking of getting a couple for some custom work... I have 2, one to keep as BW and the other is going to made into a Silk Spectre II from Watchmen.

defiant00
07-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Just received the Archangel Death variant from eBay, it's really sick! Also got another regular Archangel to repaint into the X-Force costume...

The Captain
07-14-2010, 04:18 AM
No angels have been spotted around my neck of the woods. But I did see a Rhino. It's something I've been looking for, and I think it's one of the best yet. :thumbsup: Still looking for a Hulkbuster Iron man. I've only spotted these at Hasbro Toy Store.com, and they are sold out.

candyman951
07-15-2010, 09:46 PM
I just barely found a black widow all by her lonesome on a single peg. No sign of the x-wave at all. Hoping that something shows up before the dark reign wave.

bluesuntrader
07-18-2010, 03:08 AM
No new figures anywhere...aim, havok, arch angel, juggie, nothing. I am in michigan, and have not seen these at retail yet.

anybody else finding this series yet?

NerfTW
07-18-2010, 11:15 AM
All I've seen in the northeast are the Avengers wave. Only place I've seen the X-men wave was on Hasbro Toy shop a few months back. Still kind of miffed about them still trying to sell the cases. I'm waiting for them to smarten up and break it up into individual figures again.

Also, Cool Toy Review posted a bunch of teaser images suggesting we're getting Speedball, Scarlet Spider, Black Knight, Star Lord, and Paper Bag Spidey. That would make a nice assortment.

RooJay
07-20-2010, 06:55 AM
I still haven't seen the Luke Cage wave hit in decent quantities (still missing Black Widow and Cap) nor anything else after that.

defiant00
07-25-2010, 09:06 PM
Toyark has pics of all the stuff from SDCC, including the Cap movie figure and a few Thor movie figures. The coolest for me, though, were the new Sentinels, Jim Lee Cyke, and APOCALYPSE!! The next few waves are going to be absolutely incredible!!!!

AFCollector
07-26-2010, 10:43 AM
If anyone is interested, the WWII Captain America, Ages of Thunder Thor and Galactus are up on the Hasbro on-line shop. Galactus is unfortunately sold out however. :(

NerfTW
07-26-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm waiting for the boxed retail release with the repainted Silver Surfer.

I am partial to that movie Spider-man, though. I kind of like the idea of a giant movie Avengers team + Spider-man. X-men too, but the odds of getting an original movie X-men team in 4 inch scale seem distressingly low with the First Class movie coming out.

I am totally loving the Sentinels. Gonna get a few of those. I hope they aren't as expensive as Galactus will be.

As for the two revealed waves, home run on all of them. Although I wonder if one of the Wave 1 is supposed to be in the X-men wave to balance them out.

I'm cranky that Loki is a pack in with the Frost Giant, but I'm hoping the Thor movie line has a suitable replacement. I plan on getting a nice line up of Asgardian gods to go on my display.

Does anyone know if the Shield flying car in the diorama was explained, or is it just a teaser that we'll find out about later?

Phantom-like Menace
07-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Does anyone know if the Shield flying car in the diorama was explained, or is it just a teaser that we'll find out about later?

Apparently it was a mock-up made only for SDCC similar to how a Super Hero Squad Helicarrier was made only for a previous show. However, with the helicarrier, attendees were asked if they wanted to see that in the future, and they got it. Well, attendees of SDCC were asked if they wanted to see the SHIELD car as well. So hopes are that positive reaction to it will mean it gets released.

figrin bran
07-27-2010, 10:49 AM
I found Iron Patriot at TRU last Saturday while the 2 for 9.99 special was going on. I got him along with 3 Pursuit of Cobra Joes.

DarkArtist
07-28-2010, 10:13 AM
still no sign of any new figures from MU on the pegs.. most of the stores by me are clogged with Iron Man and Luke Cage.

bluesuntrader
07-28-2010, 03:41 PM
IRON MAN is all i see.

Maradona
07-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Got the latest wave case from HTS on Wednesday. The Winter Soldier is my favorite from this wave.

Toyboysprk
08-04-2010, 02:55 AM
im new posting. but was curious about the upcoming Sentinel figure. or rather his Blue/Grey variant. i heard it's a Days of future past paint sceme? i never read that story arc but the variant does look (to me at least) a lot like the Sentinel Squad O*N*E. am i crazy??

NerfTW
08-04-2010, 11:00 AM
They might have meant that instead, because the Days of Future Past sentinels are the same colors as the classic sentinels.

But the DoFP Sentinel is a comic con exclusive next year, so it might be referring to something else entirely. The variant we saw might just be a regular retail variant, like the Marvel Ultimate Alliance styled Galactus.

bluesuntrader
08-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Saw target 2 packs today. I am digging the Black Panther figure. nice paint on it. the rest i already have or just not into them.

I have also seen at retail

Havok, Colussus, Juggernaut, and Aim soldier

NerfTW
08-04-2010, 11:46 PM
Sweet, I want that Punisher, and maybe the Black Panther. How much were they?

Phantom-like Menace
08-05-2010, 01:03 AM
When I saw them earlier yesterday they were twelve something. I passed, not because I didn't want them but because I have spent a lot of money in the last few days while on vacation in the Miami area. I figure I can find them easily later, so I want to wait a bit. I'm really only interested in Black Panther and maybe Punisher.

Otherwise Targets in Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood were lousy with the Archangel wave of MU, though there were no Archangels. I grabbed a couple of AIM soldiers, and I also grabbed a Cobra Gunship I want to use for AIM. I might also fudge the scale a bit and put them with M.O.D.O.K. from Marvel Legends. . . . I can't believe I'm thinking of buying a few more AIM Soldiers. I am just not able to resist army building. I also grabbed an extra Kitty because I may cut her in half and glue her to a styrene wall as though she's phasing through it.

I got back to Pensacola, and my Target had an endcap with a display case of the Archangel Wave, and it even had an Archangel still.

DarkArtist
08-05-2010, 08:01 AM
finally spotted the tail end of some new life in the Marvel Universe line... I found a lone smashed up carded Juggernaut sitting on the pegs at the Target in Milltown NJ... I picked him and have to say he is one awesome looking figure... kinda bummed that the helmet is not removable from the head sculpt though but otherwise excellent job by Hasbro on this one. :thumbsup:

candyman951
08-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Woo Hoo! found Juggie, Kitty, New Sculpt Wolvie and AIM soldier. Come on Colossus and Archangel where are you?

RooJay
08-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Woo Hoo! found Juggie, Kitty, New Sculpt Wolvie and AIM soldier. Come on Colossus and Archangel where are you?

What, no Colossie and Archie?;)

Maradona
08-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Picked up the Iron Man 2 Nick Fury set at TRU yesterday. It was the first time I had seen it. Not bad for $24 bucks.

candyman951
08-17-2010, 06:53 PM
So, today i visited my local TrU to see if they finally got any of the MU X Wave and guess what was on the pegs? Got the Iron Spidey, Winter Soldier, and the Wrecker. Iron Patriot and Mary Jane were also there, but the paint was kinda messed up so i passed. Probably regret leaving them though....

The Captain
08-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Picked up the Iron Man 2 Nick Fury set at TRU yesterday. It was the first time I had seen it. Not bad for $24 bucks.

I liked the Nick Fury figure, but I already have Iron man, and don't really care for the other two. So, I'd be paying 24 to get Nick. I think I'll pass.

DarkArtist
08-23-2010, 07:15 PM
picked up Kitty Pryde at K-mart tonight... nice figure... haven't seen the Iron Man / Nick Fury set yet....really want to pick up the Target 2 pack set with Punisher

candyman951
08-28-2010, 01:24 AM
hmmm... found the new comic packs @ Kmart. picked up Cyclops and Dark Phoenix and Daken and Venom (dark spiderman). oh and they also had the nightcrawler/ storm pack. i hid it so hopefully itll still be there the next couple of days lol.

DarkArtist
08-30-2010, 12:58 PM
hmmm... found the new comic packs @ Kmart. picked up Cyclops and Dark Phoenix and Daken and Venom (dark spiderman). oh and they also had the nightcrawler/ storm pack. i hid it so hopefully itll still be there the next couple of days lol.

spotted those comic packs as well but didn't get them...hoping to pick them up eventually though

clone157
08-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Has anyone seen the K-mart 3-pk with the Captain America Iron Man in the wild yet? Or the new one? Seen some on E-bay and was wondering if anyone could confirm they were out there. That $5 off coupon is burning a hole in my pocket, but it is a 40 mile one way trip to the closest store. Has anyone seen these at a Sears Grand either?

Phantom-like Menace
08-31-2010, 12:51 AM
Has anyone seen the K-mart 3-pk with the Captain America Iron Man in the wild yet? Or the new one? Seen some on E-bay and was wondering if anyone could confirm they were out there. That $5 off coupon is burning a hole in my pocket, but it is a 40 mile one way trip to the closest store. Has anyone seen these at a Sears Grand either?

The KMart set with the Captain America armor has been out for a while. It's gone on sale even at least once. I got it when it went on sale for a few bucks off months ago. It should be relatively easy to find.

As for the new one, I've not seen it, but other people have reported finding it for a while now too.

figrin bran
08-31-2010, 01:23 AM
I saw the IM2 Nick Fury sets at a local TRU the other day and all the Iron Man figures in the sets had serious paint flaws. While I know that's not the main draw of the sets, one should still expect decent paint apps and not blotches and messy overpainted lines.

The Captain
08-31-2010, 03:56 AM
I saw the IM2 Nick Fury sets at a local TRU the other day and all the Iron Man figures in the sets had serious paint flaws. While I know that's not the main draw of the sets, one should still expect decent paint apps and not blotches and messy overpainted lines.

Another problem with these sets is that they contain figures sold seperately. I already have the Iron Man figure. The Drone can be had also, in a seperate, individual package. But, I must buy both of them in order to get Nick Fury. This is an example of what happens over and over again. :whip: Maybe it's good business, but I find it manipulative.

Phantom-like Menace
09-01-2010, 01:29 AM
The Drone can be had also, in a seperate, individual package.

Is that the case? I thought the Ground Assault drone was only in this set, and the Navy Drone is only in the Target set. Otherwise, even if I'm not correct, I agree with your general point that when they do that, and they certainly do, it annoys.

RooJay
09-01-2010, 03:13 AM
Nick Fury is supposed to be available individually carded as well. I think these sets were intended more for folks who didn't already have all of the figures they contain. For instance, I had never even seen a hint at retail that the drones existed at all, and had yet to find Nick Fury. For me, it was simply a matter of ending up with just one more Iron Man, which was not so big a deal for me. Guess it just depends on whether or not you can wait for each figure to be released on it's own or not.

The Captain
09-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Is that the case? I thought the Ground Assault drone was only in this set, and the Navy Drone is only in the Target set. Otherwise, even if I'm not correct, I agree with your general point that when they do that, and they certainly do, it annoys.
I'm willing to stand corrected on the Drones. Frankly I don't even care about them. Perhaps a better example of what I'm talking about can be seen on Hasbrotoyshop.com. They have three sets of twelve packs on sale right now. Waves 8,9, and 10. In wave 8 the only one want is the Archangel and Kitty Pride. In wave 9 the only one I want is Iron Spiderman, and in wave 10 the only ones I want are Captain Britain and Mystique.

Hopefully someday these will be sold seperately, but I look and I watch...and so far the main thing I see around my neck of the woods are row upon row of Iron Man figures. I guess I just need to be patient.

figrin bran
09-02-2010, 12:28 AM
I was in Walmart today and decided to pick up the exclusive 6" Mark V as an impulse buy. At least it wasn't priced like DCUC figures so I figured why not?

The paint apps were quite messy on most of them though.

bluesuntrader
09-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Picked up the 2 new 2 packs, they look pretty good.

Have not seen arch-angel anywhere but ebay...

RUSHBOY
09-03-2010, 09:21 PM
I found Mary Jane today @ walmart, it comes with her pooch !!
I was also looking for the unmasked Iron Patriot variant with Norman Osborn head but no luck !:whip:

candyman951
09-04-2010, 12:42 AM
I was also looking for the unmasked Iron Patriot variant with Norman Osborn head but no luck !:whip:
was that released with this last wave? i havent seen the pics.

RUSHBOY
09-04-2010, 12:54 AM
was that released with this last wave? i havent seen the pics.

It should be in this newest wave !!

JediTricks
09-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Picked up IM2 Hulkbuster Iron Man at TRU the other day. It's an ok figure, it's taller than the others but not exceptionally so. They cheaped out, cutting the upper bicep swivel. It's also much darker maroon than other figures in the line. Sculpt is decent, hardly a knockout but adequate, although the uni-beam in the chest on mine is not seated properly, sticks out on one side which is not great. And for some reason, it has these wide "bolt" details at the elbows and other joints that stick way out and get in the way of some poses. Overall, it's ok, not fantastic.

I still haven't seen these IM2 Nick Fury sets anywhere.

figrin bran
09-05-2010, 12:35 AM
Picked up IM2 Hulkbuster Iron Man at TRU the other day. It's an ok figure, it's taller than the others but not exceptionally so. They cheaped out, cutting the upper bicep swivel. It's also much darker maroon than other figures in the line. Sculpt is decent, hardly a knockout but adequate, although the uni-beam in the chest on mine is not seated properly, sticks out on one side which is not great. And for some reason, it has these wide "bolt" details at the elbows and other joints that stick way out and get in the way of some poses. Overall, it's ok, not fantastic.

I still haven't seen these IM2 Nick Fury sets anywhere.

LF TRU has a few of those sets. Be wary of horrible paint apps on the Mark VI in that set.

darth maul rat
09-05-2010, 02:38 PM

I was out last night looking around here in Indianapolis and one of the Wal-Marts had six unmasked Iron Patriots on the pegs. I grabbed one not really realizing it was a variant. (I thought the mask was inside.) I got home and was a bit bummed since I wanted him in full armor. I went back to make sure and all the others were unmasked. Around here the one with the helmet seems to be the variant.

-dmr

NerfTW
09-06-2010, 12:14 PM

Just to be pedantic, Ms. Lion, the dog, is not Mary Jane's, as she wasn't even in the Spider-man and His Amazing Friends cartoon. Mary Jane was replaced with a new character called Firestar. (Who then was introduced in the comics)

Ms. Lion is Peter's dog, if I remember correctly. I think the issue was that Hasbro thought they couldn't get the rights to the character, so it was left out of the 3-pack, then put in with Mary Jane when they got the rights since it's the only figure that would work with. But I might be completely misinformed on that.

bluesuntrader
09-07-2010, 08:58 AM
I hated miss lyon or lion. she ruined the cartoon for me when i was a kid. Out on the internet some where theres a spoofed ending from the episode called 7 little superheroes, and she gets sucked into the hellicopter engine.

I have yet to find Archangel anywhere, or the variant Havok. I am almost ready to pay the outrageous prices on ebay for these 2.

Phantom-like Menace
09-07-2010, 11:57 PM
*shrug* I think of Ms. Lion as a silly little addition to the line that can be ignored or not. I'll throw her on a display shelf just so people ask what the hell that's all about.

bluesuntrader
09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
*shrug* I think of Ms. Lion as a silly little addition to the line that can be ignored or not. I'll throw her on a display shelf just so people ask what the hell that's all about.

Yeah good point.