PDA

View Full Version : WED-15 "Septoid 2"

mark2d2
07-26-2008, 05:29 AM
At last my journey to the droid side is nearly complete. Ever since they released R1-G4 some five or so years ago, I have been obsessed with putting together the ultimate Land of the Jawas "playset." It's been steady but slow going over the years as bit by bit my focused collection has come together.

Power Droid
Beru's blue Treadwell
R1-G4
Threepio's Deluxe Escape Pod
OTC Jawas
"Vintage" R2-D2
OTC Sandcrawler
RA-7
R5-D4
CZ droid
TAC Threepio (with knees)
LIN-V8K with Jawa

And now at long last one of my most sought after. . . most eagerly awaited figures is confirmed at long last. And the initial images are flat out awesome! WED-15 "Septoid 2" looks to be one of the most detailed droid figures ever. Right up there with FX-7. . . Just look at him closely. The arms are not only articulated, but they each have little hoses and/or wires! Amazing!

Plus the homestead is coming! Oh, happy, happy day.

So what do you guys think of Wed-15? I can only hope some of you appreciate him half as much as I will. My only beef now is that January 15th suddenly seems such a long, long time away.

Jargo
07-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Looks good. All we need now are:

3PO droid with the back of his head plating missing
KPR treadwell with the green dome 'head'
M-HYD the stovepipe droid

KPR Glow dome perimeter treadwell for the homestead

obi-dad
07-26-2008, 09:25 AM
I have to say I'm glad we had to wait this long. I'm sure this droid would not have been nearly as detailed and articulated even a few years ago. But, who knows, maybe by the time the line ends, they'll revisit WED-15 & Beru's treadwell droid and give them working treads? I am very excited just to be getting this one, though... I'd rather have it than half the figures I picked up last night.

Cane_Adiss
07-26-2008, 12:30 PM
It looks great! I'm pleased Hasbro went ahead and made what was probably a difficult figure to design. Again, like last year, the droid was the real reason to buy the Jawa, although the Jawa looks pretty slick as well! I'm wondering if when Hasbro completes the "sale scene" they will release a battle pack with all the droids. That would be cool.

mark2d2
07-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Jargo: Hey, how have you been? It's been ages, man. And yes... those other droids you mention would all sure be sweet.

Obi-dad: That's an excellent point about how much better it is that we are getting him now as he is more detailed than he possibly could have been a few years ago. Looking at Wed-15 "Septoid 2" he truly seems absolutely flawless... Clearly no corners were cut. And I agree that he must have been quite the challenging figure to design. Somebody sure put a lot of love into creating this guy...

Cane_Adiss: I've had that same battlepack idea myself from time to time. That would not only be cool, but I think would make a lot of sense. They could do two packs. The "Purchase of the Droids" pack. And also the "Sandcrawler Crash Landing" pack which would feature all the droids R2 sees upon his first arrival into the belly of the beast.

Jargo
07-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Been ok Mark. Ups and downs. Older and wiser.

just looked in my picture archive and reckon we have six unique jawas now. still no freaky tall one though hehe. and if you count the one from the holiday exclusive set holding a training remote it makes seven. seven dwarves. hmmmmm.......

DarthQuack
07-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Let's see a picture of someones loose Land of the Jawas...if they have one :P

mark2d2
07-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Let's see a picture of someones loose Land of the Jawas...if they have one :P

Everything is in boxes as I am painting my entire apartment. But once it's done, I'll take one and try to figure out how to post it. I'd like to post some pics of my Sandcrawler anyway as I tweaked out the inside a bit --- my first real customizing job ever. And it's pretty cool. I used some vintage repro stickers and also some random accessories to give it more of a Star Wars feel.

Devo
07-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Looks to be an amazing figure - and a good size too if thats the real scale in relation to the jawa. I'll buy at least 3. Purchase of the droids, echo base and cloud city junk conveyor belt.

mark2d2
07-26-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm pretty certain I've also seen shots of this droid aboard the Death Star. But these were just random stills. Nowhere to be found in the movie. At any rate, WED-15 "Septoid 2" really got around, didn't he? I will be picking up several myself. Two to open and one to keep carded. Something, I almost never do. But for this one I will.

Tycho
07-29-2008, 10:02 AM
I'll buy at least 3. Purchase of the droids, echo base and cloud city junk conveyor belt.

Thank you for reminding me about the other scenes beyond PotDs.

Yeah, the WED droid could be quite useful.

obi-dad
07-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Except for R1-G4, I've bought multiples of each droid in this scenne. With the different looking Jawas, that have come with them, that also helps.