PDA

View Full Version : Count Dooku Deluxe figure

rdrunr89
02-16-2002, 10:47 AM
Anyone notice that the Dooku Deluxe figure on at the Toy Fair was labeled as Count Dooku, but in other places it has been listed as Darth Tyranus? I know they did it that way because it would be a spoiler but would be nice to get my hands on the one that says Dooku before they change the label.

Jayspawn
02-16-2002, 12:01 PM
I noticed that as well. It's a neat looking figure. I' don't care much about the label difference cause I'm gonna bust him open!

JEDIpartner
02-16-2002, 12:05 PM
That one HAS to be one of the best of the new figures! ZOUNDS!

evenflow
02-16-2002, 01:23 PM
It is definately cool, can't wait to get my hands on it.

Beast
02-16-2002, 02:21 PM
The deluxe figure is pretty cool, can't wait to pick one of these up and give those force flipping bases a whirl. :D The Dooku/Tyranus in the basic 4" figures looks even better and more like Christopher Lee. I thought the LOTR's figure of him looked like him, this one blows that totally away. Man, April 23rd and May 16th seem way to far away.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-17-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by rdrunr89
Anyone notice that the Dooku Deluxe figure on at the Toy Fair was labeled as Count Dooku, but in other places it has been listed as Darth Tyranus? I know they did it that way because it would be a spoiler but would be nice to get my hands on the one that says Dooku before they change the label.

If you've seen the carded picture he is titled as Darth Tyranus and not Count Dooku :) It doesn't really matter since they are the same people :p

rdrunr89
02-17-2002, 10:19 AM
GNT,

I know they are the same people, just thought it was interesting how they wanted to keep Tyranus a secret at the Toy Fair so they had it labeled as Count Dooku. Thats all. :)

LTBasker
02-17-2002, 05:11 PM
I'm gonna get the deluxe figures and see just how many places they can duel besides those platforms. On the fridge, on a chair, on the walls... on the car. :D

mabudonicus
02-17-2002, 06:02 PM
How can you ne so SURE they're the same guy? After all, it turns out palpatine and Darth Sidious weren't the same guy. Really, I swear I read it somewhere's.........

chewie
02-17-2002, 08:03 PM
You may have read that. Though Lucas himself confirms that Palpatine and Sidious are the same person in the Episode 1 DVD director's commentary track.

mabudonicus
02-17-2002, 08:21 PM
I actually had a "WARNING:this post contains sarcasm" disclaimer on my last post, but I erased it, thinking it unnecessary. That's what you get for assuming stuff,I guess. No, seriously,though, I was surprised when TPM came out that a couple of SW fan buddies of mine missed the connection TOTALLY, then when I found out that there was some sort of debate over the whole "is he or isn't he" TO THIS DAY it just sort of flabbergasted me, is all. I thought it was an actual fact, as you have confirmed, Chewie. I'll try and tone down the edge, maybe if Team Canada gets whipped tonight I'll be slightly less "wry".

GNT
02-18-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by mabudon
How can you ne so SURE they're the same guy? After all, it turns out palpatine and Darth Sidious weren't the same guy. Really, I swear I read it somewhere's.........

Well its hasn't been confirmed in the film that Palpatine is Sidious,so untill its been confirmed in the FILM its just pure EU :)

Unlike Sidious,Dooku doesn't hid behind a cloak and the same figure has been labeled with both names so I'm pretty sure they are the same :)

Unit-01
02-18-2002, 02:36 AM
I like how he is COUNT Dooku (since he played a Vampire).

GNT
02-18-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Unit-01
I like how he is COUNT Dooku (since he played a Vampire).

I wonder if he'll use a golden gun at some point ;)

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2002, 11:38 AM
Maybe he will have the superfilous 3rd nipple. :D

JEDIpartner
02-18-2002, 12:06 PM
If he's got that on the figure... no WONDER it's a deluxe figure!!!

Ewwwwww... I really don't wanna know. Plueeergh... Plueergh...:( BLEEEUUUURGH! EEEEW!

mabudonicus
02-18-2002, 12:16 PM
Count Dooku: One! One nipple! Ah Ah Ah Ah !! (lightning flash)
Two! Ah Ah Ah Ah !!!! Two nipples!(more lightning)
Threee!! Ah Ah .....wait a minute

LTBasker
02-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Anyone else notice that Jango is supposed to lose his head in this and Lee was in "Sleepy Hollow?" with... Iam Mc(whatever) and Ray Park? :D

I think Deluxe Dooku is probably gonna be the best deluxe figure released. I can't wait to do flipping duels against Obi & Dooku, should be interesting.

And I'm probably the last one who thinks that Palpatine is not Sidious.

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
If he's got that on the figure... no WONDER it's a deluxe figure!!!

Ewwwwww... I really don't wanna know. Plueeergh... Plueergh...:( BLEEEUUUURGH! EEEEW!

He could come with a pack in 3rd nipple. You could apply it to his chest and it would be like those suction cup thingies.
Nice....
Theyd call it "Deluxe 3rd nipple Count Scaramanga Dooku."

Darth Evil
02-18-2002, 04:19 PM
And why not throw in a Golden Gun, just to complete a scary package!

JonoFett
02-19-2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by GNT

I wonder if he'll use a golden gun at some point ;) ...or that he has a dwarf butler called Darth Scaramanga.;)

JonoFett
02-19-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Anyone else notice that Jango is supposed to lose his head in this and Lee was in "Sleepy Hollow?" with... Iam Mc(whatever) and Ray Park? :D

The name you're looking for is Ian McDiarmid. He plays a little known character in ROTJ called Emperor Palpatine. Ring any bells?;)