PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a Clone Wars soundtrack?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-27-2008, 09:59 AM
The question speaks for itself. Like SOTE over 10 years ago (can you believe that? : oldgeezer: ), it wouldn't have to be by John Williams (but that'd be quite cool if it was). Anyone heard if this is a done deal for this animated film, or just wishful thinking?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-28-2008, 05:03 PM
I missed this info, apparently. But the SW website provided some details: Released Aug. 12 (http://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/news20080709.html) I'll be buying this'n.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-11-2008, 09:32 PM
I just checked amazon to confirm it's being released tomorrow, and they show 2 "used" already available. Hmm. And it shows 32 tracks; wow. I'll hopefully get this, review it, and something something. Being the only one to post in this thread might mean I'll be the only one buying it. :pleased:

El Chuxter
08-11-2008, 09:39 PM
If iTunes has preview tracks, I might get it even though I don't much care about the movie.

El Chuxter
08-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Hey, Grimmy!! Double post!

I just checked out the clips on iTunes. I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass. This remix project makes Meco's Star Wars & Other Galactic Funk look like high art.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-12-2008, 12:04 PM
I picked it up, as I knew I would. It was $11.98 at Target (that's $.38 per track! :D ). It reminds me of the Flash Gordon movie (too much electric guitar for me), but I did like the Near East style songs. The last track isn't long enough for me, and the overall mix is choppy (some REALLY short tracks). But, it is new SW music, something I've been eagerly awaiting.

[edit] Potential spoiler below...

In the fold-out poster inside, there's an interesting vehicle featured. I was wondering when someone would do something like that.