PDA

View Full Version : What is with the new sandtrooper?

mabudonicus
02-16-2002, 10:54 AM
I just saw that figure in town here yesterday, and I have to say that IMHO it's a flaming piece of JUNK!!! The pose would be okay, and the shape of the head being so different from the previous ones is okay too, I guess, but the paint on the figure looks absolutely DREADFUL!! Is it just a bad example I saw, or do they all look like that? I mean, it looks like the figure got left in an overspray filled factory for a few days before he made it into the package. If the figure just plain sucks then that's too bad- I've got more Vaders than I do troopers by like 2 to 1 now. Geeez!!

Jayspawn
02-16-2002, 11:03 AM
Oh, I thought he looks pretty cool. He's pretty awesome in dioramas too!

JEDIpartner
02-16-2002, 11:13 AM
I have the Sandtrooper and it looks like a slightly modified version of our beloved CommTech Stormtrooper. I must admit the "sand" detail is a little on the heavy side, but it sure beats the crap out of the POTF2 versions! The helmet looks just like my CT Stormie one... I've got them both in my hands right now!

Rollo Tomassi
02-16-2002, 11:13 AM
What new Sandtrooper? The one with the binocs that came out six months ago? That one? I always feel like I'm behind the curve when I'm actually way ahead of it. Except for the limited poseability of his bended arm, he rules.

Rollo Tomassi
02-16-2002, 11:16 AM
Ahhhhh...I know see that your from Canada, which explains a lot. I know you guys get figgies a long time after us. Sorry about that, bud. We are supposed to see a variant shoulder pauldron color, but now I don't know.

mabudonicus
02-16-2002, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I made sure to identify my location just to avoid confusion. It is REALLY tough being a Canuck and a SW collector at the same time. From the responses here so far, I must have seen a really bad example for sale(which is usually the case up here). Thanks!!

Deoxyribonucleic
02-16-2002, 01:28 PM
I think the Sandtrooper POTJ is quit excellent! Slim, trim and not buffed out like the previous one! The ones I have only have a little "sand" painted on them...enough to make it look just right. And the detail is so good I think. I wonder what you guys get up there in Canada? Is Hasbro making a completely different line for other countries :) j/k hehe

Hopefully you will find one that looks good 'cause they really are nice looking.

InsaneJediGirl
02-16-2002, 08:00 PM
I think the new Sandtrooper is one of the best yet the figure doesnt look like hes on drugs like the POTF2 ones.The only
drawback was the lack of articulation in the arms.Other than
that,the piece goes great with my Stormie and Dewback.

Turbowars
02-16-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by mabudon
I just saw that figure in town here yesterday, and I have to say that IMHO it's a flaming piece of JUNK!!! What are you talking about? Besides the Commtech Stormy this is one of the best. You must be talking about the POTF2 I sure hope so:)

LTBasker
02-16-2002, 09:04 PM
The Sandtrooper, although being a really good figure, we did kinda get jipped on it. I mean the mold couldn't of cost alot since it was already done, and they took out the articulation, they just painted on the sand, and the accessories couldn't of costed a whole lot to make, probably got over priced.... but at least it's not entirely crappy, it can at least hold the binoculars to it's eyes. :D

sith_killer_99
02-16-2002, 10:06 PM
I agree with LTBasker, given the awesome articulation and detail of the CommTech Stormtrooper I did expect a bit more.

Don't get me wrong, I love this figure. But it could have had knee articulation and ball-shoulder-joints.

:D

Bespin_refugee
02-17-2002, 09:55 PM
its too bad they didn't get the costume accurate from day 1; it really makes the first few look awful (imo)

ConvergeDW
02-17-2002, 10:37 PM
I love my sandtrooper so much, sometimes I cuddle with him at night